Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Taiwan
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Lee K, Chang H, Chung Y, Lee T. Andrographolide acts as an anti-inflammatory agent in LPS-stimulated RAW264.7 macrophages by inhibiting STAT3-mediated suppression of the NF-?B pathway. J Ethnopharmacol. 2011;135:678-84 pubmed publisher..Therefore, andrographolide exerts a potent anti-inflammatory effect and could potentially be developed as a useful agent for the chemoprevention of cancer or inflammatory diseases. ..
- Li C, Lin H, Lai C, Lu J, Wu S, Fang S. Immunomodulatory effects of lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium on both murine and human mitogen-activated T cells. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2011;156:128-36 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that probiotics have beneficial effects on regulating T cell-mediated immune responses by attenuating mitogen-induced overactive immune responses and promoting Th1 immune responses. ..
- Chen S, Yang J, Yang J, Yang S, Wang J. A computational modeling and analysis in cell biological dynamics using electric cell-substrate impedance sensing (ECIS). Biosens Bioelectron. 2012;33:196-203 pubmed publisher..Our analyses indicated that the proposed study on ECIS time series could provide a hopeful start and great potentials in both modeling and elucidating the complex mechanisms of cell biological systems. ..
- Yiang G, Chou P, Tsai H, Chen L, Chang W, Yu Y, et al. Immunotherapy for SV40 T/t antigen-induced breast cancer by recombinant adeno-associated virus serotype 2 carrying interleukin-15 in mice. Int J Mol Med. 2012;29:809-14 pubmed publisher..In summary, our study indicates that rAAV2-hIL15 may be applied for cancer immunotherapy of SV40 T/t antigen-induced breast cancer. ..
- Huang H, Chang T, Chang L, Wang H, Yih K, Hsieh W, et al. Inhibition of melanogenesis versus antioxidant properties of essential oil extracted from leaves of Vitex negundo Linn and chemical composition analysis by GC-MS. Molecules. 2012;17:3902-16 pubmed publisher..negundo Linn leaves decreased melanin production in B16F10 melanoma cells and showed potent antioxidant activities. The essential oil can thereby serve as an inhibitor of melanin synthesis and could also act as a natural antioxidant...
- Kuo Y, Wang C. Neuronal differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells in hybrid polyester scaffolds with heparinized surface. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2012;100:9-15 pubmed publisher..The heparinized PCL-PHB scaffolds can be efficient biomaterials in guiding the differentiation of iPS cells for nerve tissue engineering. ..
- Chiang C, Huang M, Pan C, Hsieh C, Chen M, Liu H, et al. Induction of robust immunity by the emulsification of recombinant lipidated dengue-1 envelope protein domain III. Microbes Infect. 2013;15:719-28 pubmed publisher..This approach is a promising strategy for the development of subunit vaccines that induce robust immunity. ..
- Huang S, Li I, Hong P, Yeh M. Evaluation of protective efficacy using a nonstructural protein NS1 in DNA vaccine-loaded microspheres against dengue 2 virus. Int J Nanomedicine. 2013;8:3161-9 pubmed publisher..These findings strongly suggest that NS1 protein-loaded PLGA/PEG microspheres offer a new therapeutic strategy in optimizing the vaccine incorporation and delivery properties of these potential vaccine targeting carriers. ..
- Chen J, Chang L, Wu C, Tseng T, Lin J, Lin Y, et al. Significance of the urokinase-type plasminogen activator and its receptor in the progression of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis in clinical and mouse models. J Biomed Sci. 2016;23:24 pubmed publisher..A deficiency of uPA accelerated the progression of Adriamycin-induced mouse FSGS model. Decrease of serum uPA levels may be an indicator of the progression of FSGS in clinical subjects and animal models. ..
- Wei L, Chen G, Chu Y, Tsao J, Nguyen Huu M. A 3 kb sequence from the mouse cellular retinoic-acid-binding protein gene upstream region mediates spatial and temporal LacZ expression in transgenic mouse embryos. Development. 1991;112:847-54 pubmed..Thus, it is concluded that the 3 kb sequence, but not the 583 bp sequence, of the mouse CRABP gene contains information for its temporally and spatially specific expression in mouse embryos. ..
- Yo Y, Lin Y, Wang Y, Balch C, Huang R, Chan M, et al. Growth inhibition of ovarian tumor-initiating cells by niclosamide. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:1703-12 pubmed publisher..These studies support niclosamide as a promising therapy for ovarian cancer and warrant further preclinical and clinical evaluation of this safe, clinically proven drug for the management of this devastating gynecologic malignancy...
- Liao P, Hsu Y, Yang H, Wang M, Chen L. Involvement of extraneural tissues and upregulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase after experimental infection with rabies virus in BALB/c mice and LEW/SsN rats. Pathol Int. 2012;62:619-27 pubmed publisher..Our study indicates the involvement of extraneural organs following rabies virus infection, which may aggravate the progression of this deadly disease. ..
- Chen Y, Pan H, Tseng H, Chu H, Hung Y, Yen Y, et al. Differentiated epithelial- and mesenchymal-like phenotypes in subcutaneous mouse xenografts using diffusion weighted-magnetic resonance imaging. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:21943-59 pubmed publisher..05 and p < 0.01, respectively). Our results suggested that DW-MRI is a potential tool for observing mesenchymal- or epithelial-like characteristics of subcutaneous xenografted tumors. ..
- Chen M, Lu M, Lin P, Chen P, Chen W, Lee K. The role of DNA methyltransferase 3b in esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Cancer. 2012;118:4074-89 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the current results indicated that targeting this enzyme may be a promising strategy for treating esophageal cancer, as evidenced by inhibited aggressive tumor behavior and treatment resistance. ..
- Li S, Lee R, Hsiao Y, Chen Y. Demonstration of a glycoprotein derived from the Ceacam10 gene in mouse seminal vesicle secretions. Biol Reprod. 2005;73:546-53 pubmed..A cytochemical study illustrated the presence of the CEACAM10 binding region on the entire surface of mouse sperm. CEACAM10-sperm binding greatly enhanced sperm motility in vitro. ..
- Shih T, Tien Y, Wen C, Yeh T, Yu M, Huang C, et al. MicroRNA-214 downregulation contributes to tumor angiogenesis by inducing secretion of the hepatoma-derived growth factor in human hepatoma. J Hepatol. 2012;57:584-91 pubmed publisher..A novel role of microRNA in tumorigenesis is identified. Downregulation of miR-214 contributes to the unusual hypervascularity of HCC via activation of the HDGF paracrine pathway for tumor angiogenesis. ..
- Li L, Liao S, Huang C, Hung M, Quinn D. Serine/threonine kinase-protein kinase B and extracellular signal-regulated kinase regulate ventilator-induced pulmonary fibrosis after bleomycin-induced acute lung injury: a prospective, controlled animal experiment. Crit Care. 2008;12:R103 pubmed publisher..We conclude that high-tidal-volume ventilation-induced microvascular permeability, lung fibrosis, and chemokine production were dependent, in part, on activation of the Akt and ERK1/2 pathways. ..
- Hsia C, Huang F, Lin C, Shen L, Wang H. The preparation and biological characterization of a new HL91-derivative for hypoxic imaging on stroke mice. Appl Radiat Isot. 2010;68:1610-5 pubmed publisher..The uptake mechanism of (99m)Tc-HL91 was at least not solely by passive diffusion. Lipophilicity should not be the major consideration in designing HL91-derivatives for hypoxia imaging. ..
- Wu Y, Ling T, Lu S, Kuo H, Ho H, Yeh S, et al. Chemotherapeutic sensitivity of testicular germ cell tumors under hypoxic conditions is negatively regulated by SENP1-controlled sumoylation of OCT4. Cancer Res. 2012;72:4963-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings also highlight SENP1 as a potential therapeutic target for drug resistant TGCTs. ..
- Fang J, Lee S. Matriptase is required for the active form of hepatocyte growth factor induced Met, focal adhesion kinase and protein kinase B activation on neural stem/progenitor cell motility. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:1285-94 pubmed publisher..In addition to functioning as HGF activator, our data revealed novel function of MTP on HGF-stimulated c-Met signaling activation. ..
- Cheng J, Huang C, Liu I, Tzeng T, Chang C. Novel mechanism for plasma glucose-lowering action of metformin in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Diabetes. 2006;55:819-25 pubmed
- Chang M, Uang B, Tsai C, Wu H, Lin B, Lee C, et al. Hydroxychavicol, a novel betel leaf component, inhibits platelet aggregation by suppression of cyclooxygenase, thromboxane production and calcium mobilization. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;152:73-82 pubmed..Betel leaf (PBL) is consumed by 200-600 million betel quid chewers in the world. Hydroxychavicol (HC), a betel leaf component, was tested for its antiplatelet effect...
- Lu Y, Chen Y, Kao Y, Wu T, Chen S, Chen Y. Extracellular matrix of collagen modulates intracellular calcium handling and electrophysiological characteristics of HL-1 cardiomyocytes with activation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor. J Card Fail. 2011;17:82-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a critical role of collagen in electrical remodeling during fibrosis. ..
- Juang J, Shen C, Wang J, Kuo C, Chien Y, Kuo H, et al. Magnetic resonance imaging of mouse islet grafts labeled with novel chitosan-coated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62626 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that after syngeneic and allogeneic transplantation, islets labeled with CSPIO nanoparticles can be effectively and safely imaged by MR. ..
- Lin P, Lin S, Chen Y, Chang J, Ho L, Liu P, et al. Butylidenephthalide suppresses human telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT) in human glioblastomas. Ann Surg Oncol. 2011;18:3514-27 pubmed publisher..This is the first study to describe regulation of telomerase activity by BP in human glioblastomas. ..
- Hsiao S, Chen M, Chen C, Chien M, Hua K, Hsiao M, et al. The H3K9 Methyltransferase G9a Represses E-cadherin and is Associated with Myometrial Invasion in Endometrial Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1556-65 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic investigations suggest that E-cadherin repression mediates the effects of G9a. Targeting G9a-mediated epigenetic pathway dysregulation may be a therapeutic strategy for endometrial cancers. ..
- Chuang H, Chuang K, Chen J, Hua H, Shen Y, Liao W, et al. Pulmonary pathobiology induced by zinc oxide nanoparticles in mice: A 24-hour and 28-day follow-up study. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;327:13-22 pubmed publisher..This work provides unique findings on the p63 response and the pathobiology in response to ZnONPs, which could be important to the study of pulmonary toxicity and repair. ..
- Lo C, Chen M, Hsiao M, Wang S, Chen C, Hsiao S, et al. IL-6 trans-signaling in formation and progression of malignant ascites in ovarian cancer. Cancer Res. 2011;71:424-34 pubmed publisher..Selective blockade of IL-6 trans-signaling may offer a promising therapeutic strategy to improve the management of patients with advanced ovarian cancer. ..
- Lin M, Lin J, Hsu C, Juan H, Lou P, Huang M. GATA3 interacts with and stabilizes HIF-1Î± to enhance cancer cell invasiveness. Oncogene. 2017;36:4243-4252 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that GATA3 stabilizes HIF-1Î± to enhance cancer invasiveness under hypoxia and support the GATA3/HIF-1Î± axis as a potential therapeutic target for cancer treatment. ..
- Chen C, Louie S, Shi H, Walker W. Preinoculation with the probiotic Lactobacillus acidophilus early in life effectively inhibits murine Citrobacter rodentium colitis. Pediatr Res. 2005;58:1185-91 pubmed..This study may have ramifications for prevention of infectious diarrhea in human infants and children, particularly in developing countries. ..
- Chiou S, Yu C, Huang C, Lin S, Liu C, Tsai T, et al. Positive correlations of Oct-4 and Nanog in oral cancer stem-like cells and high-grade oral squamous cell carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4085-95 pubmed publisher..The enriched OC-SLC possesses the characteristics of both stem cells and malignant tumors. Additionally, expression of stemness markers (Nanog/Oct-4/CD133) contradicts the survival prognosis of OSCC patients. ..
- Cheng C, Lin Y, Tsai M, Chen C, Hsieh M, Chen C, et al. SCUBE2 suppresses breast tumor cell proliferation and confers a favorable prognosis in invasive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3634-41 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show for the first time that altered SCUBE2 expression is important in breast cancer progression and SCUBE2 may serve as a useful prognostic marker. ..
- Kuo W, Yu M, Lee J, Tsai C, Chen T, Chen M. Imatinib mesylate improves liver regeneration and attenuates liver fibrogenesis in CCL4-treated mice. J Gastrointest Surg. 2012;16:361-9 pubmed publisher..STI-571 treatment effectively attenuated liver fibrogenesis and improved in liver regeneration in vivo and induced apoptosis in HSCs both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Lecaros R, Huang L, Lee T, Hsu Y. Nanoparticle Delivered VEGF-A siRNA Enhances Photodynamic Therapy for Head and Neck Cancer Treatment. Mol Ther. 2016;24:106-16 pubmed publisher..In summary, results suggest that PDT combined with targeted VEGF-A gene therapy could be a potential therapeutic modality to achieve enhanced therapeutic outcome for HNSCC. ..
- Jiang B, Zhang J, Xia J, Zhao W, Wu Y, Shi M, et al. IDH1 Mutation Promotes Tumorigenesis by Inhibiting JNK Activation and Apoptosis Induced by Serum Starvation. Cell Rep. 2017;19:389-400 pubmed publisher..Allograft tumor assays in mice demonstrate that this mechanism contributes to tumorigenesis driven by mutant IDH1, a result confirmed by detection of JNK inactivation in human gliomas harboring IDH1-R132H mutations. ..
- Lin Z, Chu H, Yen Y, Lewis B, Chen Y. Krüppel-like factor 4, a tumor suppressor in hepatocellular carcinoma cells reverts epithelial mesenchymal transition by suppressing slug expression. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43593 pubmed publisher..Importantly, an inverse correlation between the expression of KLF4 and SLUG was found in HCC tissues. Our data suggest that KLF4 acts as a tumor suppressor in HCC cells, in part by suppressing SLUG transcription. ..
- Ku H, Chang H, Liu H, Hsiao C, Lee M, Hu Y, et al. Green tea (-)-epigallocatechin gallate inhibits insulin stimulation of 3T3-L1 preadipocyte mitogenesis via the 67-kDa laminin receptor pathway. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2009;297:C121-32 pubmed publisher..Moreover, EGCG tended to increase insulin-stimulated associations between the 67LR and IR, IRS1, IRS2, and IRS4 proteins. These data suggest that EGCG mediates anti-insulin signaling in preadipocyte mitogenesis via the 67LR pathway. ..
- Li C, Yang J, Lu M, Lee C, Peng C, Hsu W, et al. ATR-Chk1 signaling inhibition as a therapeutic strategy to enhance cisplatin chemosensitivity in urothelial bladder cancer. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1947-59 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively suggest that ATR-Chk1 is a target for improving the efficacy of cisplatin in bladder cancer. ..
- Chang C, Chen T, Lei H, Chen D, Lee S. Molecular cloning of a transcription factor, AGP/EBP, that belongs to members of the C/EBP family. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:6642-53 pubmed..On the basis of our findings about the structural relationship and the similarity of motif recognition, we propose that a family of C/EBP-like transcription factors exists. ..
- Yang C, Chien C, Yao C, Hsiao L, Huang Y, Wu C. Mechanical strain induces collagenase-3 (MMP-13) expression in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastic cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:22158-65 pubmed..Taken together, our results showed that mechanical strain induces the MMP-13 expression through MEK-ERK signaling pathway to regulate mechanical adaptation. ..
- Chen J, You Y, Chen J, Huang T, Kuo C. Organization and promoter analysis of the zebrafish (Danio rerio) interferon gene. DNA Cell Biol. 2005;24:641-50 pubmed..These results indicate that the interferon promoter is active in a tissue-specific manner, and suggest that the interferon promoter plays an important role in virus resistance during teleost growth. ..
- Tseng L, Li M, Tsai S, Lee C, Pan M, Yao W, et al. Developmental exposure to decabromodiphenyl ether (PBDE 209): effects on thyroid hormone and hepatic enzyme activity in male mouse offspring. Chemosphere. 2008;70:640-7 pubmed..These data demonstrate that PBDE 209 is likely an endocrine disrupter in male mice following exposure during development. Further studies using environmentally relevant doses are needed for hazard identification. ..
- Wu H, Chang C, Tsao C, Wen Y, Ling S, Cheng K, et al. Insulin resistance without obesity induced by cotton pellet granuloma in mice. Lab Invest. 2009;89:362-9 pubmed publisher..These results show that granuloma formation in WAT by implantation of a cotton pellet may induce insulin resistance under nonobese condition through circulating inflammatory mediators, especially the low level of adiponectin. ..
- Peng C, Chang C, Peng R, Chyau C. Improved membrane transport of astaxanthine by liposomal encapsulation. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2010;75:154-61 pubmed publisher..05). To conclude, the poor bioavailability of AST can be improved by liposomal encapsulation, which can be a good adjuvant remedy in gamma radiotherapy. ..
- Liang J, Le T, Edwards D, Tayo B, Gaulton K, Smith J, et al. Single-trait and multi-trait genome-wide association analyses identify novel loci for blood pressure in African-ancestry populations. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006728 pubmed publisher..Our study provides new evidence for genes related to hypertension susceptibility, and the need to study African-ancestry populations in order to identify biologic factors contributing to hypertension...
- Lai D, Tu Y, Liu I, Chen P, Cheng J. Mediation of beta-endorphin by ginsenoside Rh2 to lower plasma glucose in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Planta Med. 2006;72:9-13 pubmed
- Lee N, Su J. Tetrahydrofuran cembranoids from the cultured soft coral Lobophytum crassum. Mar Drugs. 2011;9:2526-36 pubmed publisher..Among these metabolites, 2 is rarely found in cembranoids possessing an isopropyl moiety with an epoxide group. Compound 1 exhibited significant cytotoxic activity against HL60 and DLD-1 cancer cell lines. ..
- Chiu T, Li C, Chen C, Chen C, Cheng C, Yan Y, et al. Association of plasma concentration of small heat shock protein B7 with acute coronary syndrome. Circ J. 2012;76:2226-33 pubmed..44; 95% confidence interval: 1.91-28.93, P<0.01). HSPB7 is a potential early biomarker after MI and serves as an independent risk factor of ACS in patients with acute chest pain.? ..
- Lin H, Lian W, Chen H, Lai P, Cheng C. Adiponectin ameliorates iron-overload cardiomyopathy through the PPAR?-PGC-1-dependent signaling pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2013;84:275-85 pubmed publisher..Using adiponectin for adjuvant therapies in iron-overload cardiac dysfunction may be an option in the future. ..
- Lin C, Huo C, Kuo L, Hiipakka R, Jones R, Lin H, et al. Cholestane-3?, 5?, 6?-triol suppresses proliferation, migration, and invasion of human prostate cancer cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65734 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that triol may represent a promising therapeutic agent for advanced metastatic prostate cancer. ..
- Su T, Lin J, Tsai C, Huang T, Yang Z, Wu M, et al. Inhibition of melanogenesis by gallic acid: possible involvement of the PI3K/Akt, MEK/ERK and Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathways in B16F10 cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2013;14:20443-58 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, gallic acid may be a potentially agent for the treatment of certain skin conditions. ..
- Yu D. Formation of colloidal silver nanoparticles stabilized by Na+-poly(gamma-glutamic acid)-silver nitrate complex via chemical reduction process. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2007;59:171-8 pubmed..aureus (MRSA)) and Gram-negative strain (P. aeruginosa) bacteria have been assessed...
- Hsuuw Y, Kuo T, Lee K, Liu Y, Huang Y, Lai C, et al. Ginkgolide B induces apoptosis via activation of JNK and p21-activated protein kinase 2 in mouse embryonic stem cells. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1171:501-8 pubmed publisher..Experiments using caspase-3 inhibitors and antisense oligonucleotides against PAK2 showed that caspase-3 activation is required for PAK2 activation and both of these activations are required for GKB-induced apoptosis in ESC-B5 cells. ..
- Hsieh M, Wen H, Shyu C, Chen S, Li W, Wang W, et al. Synthesis, in vitro macrophage response and detoxification of bamboo charcoal beads for purifying blood. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;94:1133-40 pubmed publisher..This difference is attributed to the hydrophilicity and the pore size of the BCBs. Finally, the potential of BCBs as biocompatible adsorbents in blood detoxification is considered. ..
- Sun C, Hsu H, Wu M. p-Cresol sulfate and indoxyl sulfate induce similar cellular inflammatory gene expressions in cultured proximal renal tubular cells. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013;28:70-8 pubmed publisher..PCS and IS stimulate significant cellular inflammation. Similar immune and cellular inflammatory responses were induced by PCS or IS on cultured proximal renal tubular cells. ..
- Lai C, Chang L, Lin J, Chen W, Kuo L, Lin H, et al. High seroprevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae IgM in acute Q fever by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77640 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae IgM in acute Q fever, particularly with ELISA kits, which can lead to misdiagnosis, overestimations of the prevalence of M. pneumoniae pneumonia, and underestimations of the true prevalence of Q fever pneumonia. ..
- Hung F, Chuang Y, Lee C, Chen Y, Yang J, Lin J, et al. Butylated hydroxyanisole affects immunomodulation and promotes macrophage phagocytosis in normal BALB/c mice. Mol Med Rep. 2012;5:683-7 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations it can be concluded that BHA promotes immune responses by increasing T cells and activating phagocytosis by macrophages in normal mice. However, the molecular mechanisms require further investigation. ..
- Ho F, Liao Y, Yang A, Lee Chao P, Hou Y, Huang C, et al. Anti-atherosclerotic action of Ger-Gen-Chyn-Lian-Tang and AMPK-dependent lipid lowering effect in hepatocytes. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;142:175-87 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic study suggests that activation of AMPK and PPAR? in hepatocytes leading to a decrease of lipid formation contributes to the beneficial action of GGCLT in atherosclerosis treatment. ..
- Chuang T, Liu J, Lin C, Tang Y, Yeh M, Chang S, et al. Human manganese superoxide dismutase suppresses HER2/neu-mediated breast cancer malignancy. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:4443-9 pubmed..These data suggest that MnSOD may be useful in treating HER2/neu-mediated human breast tumor malignancy. ..
- Chen C, Chen G, Wang C, Huang C, Wang Y, Shih S. Differential localization and function of PB1-F2 derived from different strains of influenza A virus. J Virol. 2010;84:10051-62 pubmed publisher..Such genetic and functional diversities make it flexible and adaptable in maintaining the optimal replication efficiency and virulence for various strains of influenza A virus. ..
- Hsu Y, Chen W, Chan C, Wu C, Sun Z, Chang M. Anti-IL-20 monoclonal antibody inhibits the differentiation of osteoclasts and protects against osteoporotic bone loss. J Exp Med. 2011;208:1849-61 pubmed publisher..We have identified a pivotal role of IL-20 in osteoclast differentiation, and we conclude that anti-IL-20 monoclonal antibody is a potential therapeutic for protecting against osteoporotic bone loss. ..
- Chaung H, Chang C, Chen P, Chang C, Liu S, Chen C. Docosahexaenoic acid and phosphatidylserine improves the antioxidant activities in vitro and in vivo and cognitive functions of the developing brain. Food Chem. 2013;138:342-7 pubmed publisher..DHA and PS may serve to protect cells from oxidative stress and further improve learning and memory ability in vivo. ..
- Tzang B, Hsu T, Chen T, Huang C, Li S, Kao S. Cystamine ameliorates ventricular hypertrophy associated with modulation of IL-6-mediated signaling in lupus-prone mice. Life Sci. 2013;92:719-26 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to investigate the protective effects of cystamine on lupus-associated cardiac hypertrophy...
- Chou H, Larsson M, Hsiao M, Chen Y, RÃ¶ding M, NydÃ©n M, et al. Injectable insulin-lysozyme-loaded nanogels with enzymatically-controlled degradation and release for basal insulin treatment: In vitro characterization and in vivo observation. J Control Release. 2016;224:33-42 pubmed publisher..The insulin-loaded CHC-lysozyme gels clearly show promise for use as a novel injectable long-acting insulin delivery system, with potential to manage the basal insulin level for many days with a single injection. ..
- Wu P, Huang C, Chu Y, Huang Y, Lin P, Liu Y, et al. Alleviation of Ultraviolet B-Induced Photodamage by Coffea arabica Extract in Human Skin Fibroblasts and Hairless Mouse Skin. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..The results indicated that CAE exhibits antiphotodamage activity by inhibiting UV-induced oxidative stress and inflammation. Therefore, CAE is a candidate for use in antioxidant, antiinflammatory, and antiphotodamage products. ..
- Wang S, Tsai M, Chiang M, Li H. A novel NK-type homeobox gene, ENK (early embryo specific NK), preferentially expressed in embryonic stem cells. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:99-103 pubmed..5-day embryo stages. ENK is one of the few homeobox-encoding genes preferentially expressed in ES cells during mammalian embryogenesis. ..
- Chu C, Wang S, Chen Z, Chien M, Huang J, Chen J, et al. Heterologous protection in pigs induced by a plasmid-cured and crp gene-deleted Salmonella choleraesuis live vaccine. Vaccine. 2007;25:7031-40 pubmed..C.-Deltacrp/vpl(-) can induce adequate immunity to protect pigs against challenge with a heterologous virulent strain. Thus, this mutant holds promise for the development of a new live S. choleraesuis vaccine...
- Tang G, Wang H, Wang J, Lee C, Tseng H, Wu Y, et al. Novel role of AMP-activated protein kinase signaling in cigarette smoke induction of IL-8 in human lung epithelial cells and lung inflammation in mice. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011;50:1492-502 pubmed publisher..Thus, a novel NADPH oxidase-dependent, ROS-sensitive AMPK signaling is important for CS-induced IL-8 production in LECs and possibly lung inflammation. ..
- Cheng C, Lian W, Chen S, Lai P, Li H, Lan Y, et al. Protective effects of adiponectin against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury via prostacyclin-PPAR?-heme oxygenase-1 signaling pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:239-49 pubmed publisher..This provides in vivo evidence that APN mediated HO-1 expression depends on PPAR? regulation. In conclusion, our results provide a novel APN mediated prostacyclin-PPAR?-HO-1 signaling pathway in protecting renal I/R injury. ..
- Yeh C, Kao S, Cheng Y, Hsu L. Knockdown of cyclin-dependent kinase 10 (cdk10) gene impairs neural progenitor survival via modulation of raf1a gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27927-39 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide the first functional characterization of cdk10 in vertebrate development and reveal its critical function in neurogenesis by modulation of raf1a expression. ..
- Liu P, Wang H, Li X, Chao T, Teav T, Christen S, et al. ?-ketoglutarate orchestrates macrophage activation through metabolic and epigenetic reprogramming. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:985-994 pubmed publisher..This study reveals new mechanistic regulations by which glutamine metabolism tailors the immune responses of macrophages through metabolic and epigenetic reprogramming. ..
- Lin Y, Wang F, Yang Y, Chuang Y, Huang Y. MicroRNA-29a mitigation of toll-like receptor 2 and 4 signaling and alleviation of obstructive jaundice-induced fibrosis in mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2018;496:880-886 pubmed publisher..This study provides new molecular insight into the ability of miR-29a to inhibit TLR2 and TLR4 signaling, which thus slows the progression of cholestatic liver deterioration. ..
- Chen J, Huang S, Duh C, Chen I, Wang T, Fang H. A new cytotoxic amide from the stem wood of Hibiscus tiliaceus. Planta Med. 2006;72:935-8 pubmed..The structures of these new compounds were determined through spectral analyses. Among the isolates, three compounds exhibited cytotoxicity (IC (50) values < 4 microg/mL) against P-388 and/or HT-29 cell lines in vitro...
- Ho C, Chen L, Lee W, Chiu S, Hsu W, Wu Y, et al. Receptor-binding, biodistribution, dosimetry, and micro-SPECT/CT imaging of 111In-[DTPA(1), Lys(3), Tyr(4)]-bombesin analog in human prostate tumor-bearing mice. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2009;24:435-43 pubmed publisher..The results demonstrated a good uptake in the GRPR-overexpression of PC-3 tumor-bearing SCID mice. 111In-[DTPA(1), Lys(3), Tyr(4)]-BN is a potential agent for imaging GRPR-positive tumors in humans...
- Tseng W, Su C, Tang C. FAK activation is required for TNF-alpha-induced IL-6 production in myoblasts. J Cell Physiol. 2010;223:389-96 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TNF-alpha increased IL-6 production in myoblasts via the FAK/PI3K/Akt and NF-kappaB signaling pathway. ..
- Lee C, Ng H, LIEN Y, Lai L, Wu M, Lin C, et al. Effects of cyclosporine, tacrolimus and rapamycin on renal calcium transport and vitamin D metabolism. Am J Nephrol. 2011;34:87-94 pubmed publisher..In spite of an increased 1,25(OH)(2) vitamin D level, the kidney is not able to reserve calcium, suggesting a role of vitamin D resistance that may be related to bone loss. ..
- Huang M, Chen F, Chou M, Su J. Fluoranthene enhances p53 expression and decreases mutagenesis induced by benzo[a]pyrene. Toxicol Lett. 2012;208:214-24 pubmed publisher..The novel cooperation between Fla and BaP provides valuable information for how to increase expression of the p53 tumor suppressor. ..
- Lin J, Chang S, Cheng J. Release of beta-endorphin from adrenal gland to lower plasma glucose by the electroacupuncture at Zhongwan acupoint in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2002;326:17-20 pubmed..In conclusion, the increase of plasma beta-endorphin by EA at 2 Hz is mainly from the adrenal gland. ..
- Lin Y, Chang L, Huang C, Peng H, Dutta A, Chen T, et al. Effector/memory but not naive regulatory T cells are responsible for the loss of concomitant tumor immunity. J Immunol. 2009;182:6095-104 pubmed publisher..Taken together, data suggest that effector/memory Treg cells are responsible for the loss of concomitant tumor immunity associated with tumor progression. ..
- Hsieh M, Shiao N, Chan W. Cytotoxic effects of CdSe quantum dots on maturation of mouse oocytes, fertilization, and fetal development. Int J Mol Sci. 2009;10:2122-35 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study to report the negative impact of CdSe-core QDs on mouse oocyte development. Moreover, surface modification of CdSe-core QDs with ZnS effectively prevented this cytotoxicity. ..
- Lin H, Yu C, Jen C, Cheng C, Chou Y, Chang C, et al. Adiponectin-mediated heme oxygenase-1 induction protects against iron-induced liver injury via a PPAR? dependent mechanism. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:1697-709 pubmed publisher..Herein, we demonstrate a novel functional PPRE in the promoter regions of HO-1, and APN-mediated HO-1 induction elicited an antiapoptotic effect and a decrease in iron deposition in hepatocytes subjected to iron challenge. ..
- Ding H, Chang T, Chiang C, Shou Ku Tai S. Inhibitory effect of a water extract from Pemphis acidula on melanogenesis in mouse B16 melanoma cells. J Cosmet Sci. 2011;62:41-8 pubmed..From the present study, PAE is proven to be a good candidate as a skin-whitening agent for treatment of skin hyperpigmentation...
- Chung Y, Ma M, Huang B, Chiang H, Chou S. Protection of bone marrow-derived CD45+/CD34-/lin- stromal cells with immunosuppressant activity against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Chin J Physiol. 2011;54:169-82 pubmed..Evidently, the accurate production of soluble factors TGF-beta and IFN-gamma in parallel with increased expression of both TGF-beta and Sca-1 receptors may favor BMSCs to achieve a more efficient protective capacity. ..