Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Taipei, Taiwan
Locale: Taipei, Taiwan
- Chang C, Wang H, Wu S, Fan K, Tsai T, Lee T, et al. Comparative evaluation of FET and FDG for differentiating lung carcinoma from inflammation in mice. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:917-25 pubmed..FDG delineated both tumor and inflammation, while FET accumulated in tumor to a significantly higher extent. Our results demonstrated the potential of FET to distinguish epidermoid lung carcinoma from inflammatory lesions in mice. ..
- Chang C, Jan M, Fan K, Wang H, Tsai T, Chen C, et al. Longitudinal evaluation of tumor metastasis by an FDG-microPet/microCT dual-imaging modality in a lung carcinoma-bearing mouse model. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:159-66 pubmed..Our results suggest that the growth progression of lung carcinoma can be identified using the FDG-microPET/microCT dual-image modality longitudinally in mice. ..
- Chiou T, Chu S, Tzeng W. Protection of cells from menadione-induced apoptosis by inhibition of lipid peroxidation. Toxicology. 2003;191:77-88 pubmed..Our data suggest that menadione-induced apoptosis is directly linked to iron-dependent lipid peroxidation. ..
- Lin H, Juan S, Shen S, Hsu F, Chen Y. Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production by flavonoids in RAW264.7 macrophages involves heme oxygenase-1. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:1821-32 pubmed..A combination of HO-1 inducers (i.e. hemin) and flavonoids might be an effective strategy for the suppression of LPS-induced NO production. ..
- Kao C, Yang S, Tao M, Jeng Y, Yu I, Lin S. Incorporation of the factor IX Padua mutation into FIX-Triple improves clotting activity in vitro and in vivo. Thromb Haemost. 2013;110:244-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, incorporation of the FIX Padua mutation significantly improves the clotting function of FIX-Triple so as to optimise protein replacement therapy and gene therapy. ..
- Liu M, Yang H. WNT4-like protein is a cortical granule component in mouse oocytes and functions in regulating preimplantation embryogenesis. Syst Biol Reprod Med. 2016;62:49-56 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first study demonstrating mammalian cortical granules contain signaling molecules that are involved in the regulation of the first phase of embryonic development. ..
- Su Y, Wu W, Wu M, Chiang B. A model of chronic lymphocytic leukemia with Ritcher's transformation in severe combined immunodeficiency mice. Exp Hematol. 2001;29:1218-25 pubmed..This animal system could be an ideal model for the human disease. We believe the animal model would be valuable in therapeutic studies and aid in the identification of the specific genetic alleles associated with the disease. ..
- Liang Y, Tsai S, Tsai D, Lin Shiau S, Lin J. Suppression of inducible cyclooxygenase and nitric oxide synthase through activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma by flavonoids in mouse macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2001;496:12-8 pubmed..These results suggested that these three flavonoids might act as allosteric effectors and were able to bind to PPAR gamma and activate it, but its binding site might be different from the natural ligand BRL49653. ..
- Wu S, Liu M. In vitro assessment of reproductive toxicity of cigarette smoke and deleterious consequences of maternal exposure to its constituents. Biol Res. 2012;45:101-9 pubmed publisher..Since both processes take place in the female reproductive system, our data provide new insights into deleterious consequences of maternal exposure to cigarette smoke. ..
- Tokarz D, Cisek R, Wein M, Turcotte R, Haase C, Yeh S, et al. Intravital imaging of osteocytes in mouse calvaria using third harmonic generation microscopy. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186846 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that THG microscopy imaging of the LCN in live mice enables quantitative analysis of osteocytes in animal models without the use of dyes or physical sectioning. ..
- Yu I, Chen H, Lee Y, Huang P, Lin S, Tsai T, et al. Mice deficient in hepsin, a serine protease, exhibit normal embryogenesis and unchanged hepatocyte regeneration ability. Thromb Haemost. 2000;84:865-70 pubmed..Moreover, gross mass regeneration of liver after damage proceeds normally in the absence of functional hepsin. ..
- Wang K, Chen K, Chiang C, Kuo M. Distribution of p21ras during primary palate formation of non-cleft and cleft strains of mice. J Oral Pathol Med. 1995;24:103-8 pubmed..These results suggest ras genes may play a role in the primary palatogenesis of mice. Cleft lip could be associated with the deficiency of ras gene expression during primary palate formation of mice. ..
- Tyan S, Kuo W, Huang C, Pan C, Shew J, Chang K, et al. Breast cancer cells induce cancer-associated fibroblasts to secrete hepatocyte growth factor to enhance breast tumorigenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e15313 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that breast cancer cells could alter the nature of its surrounding fibroblasts to secrete HGF to support its own progression through paracrine signaling. ..
- Liu C, Chien C. Molecular cloning and characterization of chicken neuronal intermediate filament protein ?-internexin. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:2147-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that chkINA is a neuron-specific IF protein that may be a useful marker for studies of chicken brain development. ..
- Yang S, Fang Y, Tseng M, Chu P, Yu I, Wu H, et al. Phosphorylation regulates NCC stability and transporter activity in vivo. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013;24:1587-97 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that SPAK-mediated phosphorylation of NCC at T60 regulates NCC stability and function, and defective phosphorylation at this residue corrects the phenotype of pseudohypoaldosteronism type II. ..
- Wang H, Huang T, Lo H, Huang P, Lin C, Chang S, et al. Deficiency of the microRNA-31-microRNA-720 pathway in the plasma and endothelial progenitor cells from patients with coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:857-69 pubmed publisher..Manipulating the expression of the miR-31-miR-720 pathway in malfunction EPCs should help develop novel therapeutic modalities...
- Chen W, Chang N, Chang Y, Chang K, Wu S, Yang T, et al. Characterization of the regulatory region of Adra2c, the gene encoding the murine alpha2C adrenoceptor subtype. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:886-901 pubmed
- Lin S, Tzeng B, Lee K, Smith R, Campbell K, Chen C. Cav3.2 T-type calcium channel is required for the NFAT-dependent Sox9 expression in tracheal cartilage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E1990-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a previously unidentified mechanism that Ca(2+) influx via the Cav3.2 T-type Ca(2+) channel regulates Sox9 expression through the calcineurin/NFAT signaling pathway during tracheal chondrogenesis. ..
- Lee Y, Miau L, Chang C, Lee S. Transcriptional induction of the alpha-1 acid glycoprotein (AGP) gene by synergistic interaction of two alternative activator forms of AGP/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP beta) and NF-kappaB or Nopp140. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4257-63 pubmed..The physiological significance of differential regulation for the function of two activator forms of AGP/EBP through selective interaction with different transcription factors is discussed. ..
- Shen K, Song Y, Chen I, Leng C, Chen H, Li H, et al. Molecular mechanisms of TLR2-mediated antigen cross-presentation in dendritic cells. J Immunol. 2014;192:4233-41 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data suggest that TLR2-mediated cross-presentation occurs through the upregulation of Rab7 and a TAP-independent pathway that prime CTL responses. ..
- Chang Y, Chang Y, Wang Q, Lin J, Chen Y, Chen C. Quantitative phosphoproteomic study of pressure-overloaded mouse heart reveals dynamin-related protein 1 as a modulator of cardiac hypertrophy. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2013;12:3094-107 pubmed publisher..We reveal the signaling responses of the heart to pressure stress in vivo and in vitro. DRP1 may be important in the development of cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Chang C, Chiou L, Hwang L, Huang C. Mechanisms of the synergistic interactions between organic calcium channel antagonists and various neuromuscular blocking agents. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1990;53:285-92 pubmed..Presynaptic effects of OCA are probably not involved...
- Wright J, An S, Xie J, Yoon J, Nischan N, Kohler J, et al. Modeled structural basis for the recognition of ?2-3-sialyllactose by soluble Klotho. FASEB J. 2017;31:3574-3586 pubmed publisher..Wright, J. D., An, S.-W., Xie, J., Yoon, J., Nischan, N., Kohler, J. J., Oliver, N., Lim, C., Huang, C.-L. Modeled structural basis for the recognition of ?2-3-sialyllactose by soluble Klotho. ..
- Lee S, Chang C, Lee Y, Lei H, Lai M, Chen D. Molecular cloning of cDNAs corresponding to two genes of alpha 1-acid glycoprotein and characterization of two alleles of AGP-1 in the mouse. DNA. 1989;8:245-51 pubmed..In contrast to these two alleles, substantial nucleotide difference exist between Agp-1 and Agp-2. Agp-1 and Agp-2 contain five and six potential N-glycosylation sites, respectively. ..
- Lee Y, Chang A, Lin Feng M, Tsou W, Chiang I, Lai M. Paxillin phosphorylation by JNK and p38 is required for NFAT activation. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2165-75 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dual phosphorylation of paxillin by JNK and p38 MAPK is essential for T-cell activation and suggest that NFAT is a functional target of the JNK/p38 phosphorylated paxillin. ..
- Chou Y, Hsieh C, Chiou S, Hsu C, Kao Y, Lee C, et al. CITED2 functions as a molecular switch of cytokine-induced proliferation and quiescence. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:2015-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, CITED2 functions as a molecular switch of TGF-? and TGF-?-induced growth control, and MYC-CITED2 signaling axis provides a new index for predicting clinical outcome. ..
- Chang K, Cheng C, King P, Liu S, Wang G. CELF1 Mediates Connexin 43 mRNA Degradation in Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Circ Res. 2017;121:1140-1152 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a mechanism for increased CELF1 expression downregulating Cx43 mRNA level and a pathogenic role for elevated CELF1 level in the DCM heart. ..
- Chou H, Chien C, Lu K. The distribution of PGP9. 5, BDNF and NGF in the vallate papilla of adult and developing mice. Anat Embryol (Berl). 2001;204:161-9 pubmed..We also suggest that neurotrophins in the early developing vallate papillae might act as local tropic factors for the embryonic growth of nerve fibers to induce differentiation of the taste buds. ..
- Chang C, Lai M, Chen D, Lee S. Structure and expression of mouse alpha 1-acid glycoprotein gene-3 (AGP-3). DNA Cell Biol. 1992;11:315-20 pubmed..The low level of AGP-3 mRNA can be detected by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The molecular basis of the low level expression of AGP-3 and the possible classification of AGP-3 as a pseudogene are discussed. ..
- Yu L, Chen J, Tsai W, Chen Y. Primary structure and characterization of an androgen-stimulated autoantigen purified from mouse seminal-vesicle secretion. Biochem J. 1993;296 ( Pt 3):571-6 pubmed..Results from Western- and Northern-blot analyses for various tissues indicate that the seminal vesicle is the sole organ producing this autoantigen. Expression of this autoantigen gene was stimulated by testosterone. ..
- Huang J, Shen B, Tsai W, Lee S. Functional interaction between nuclear matrix-associated HBXAP and NF-kappaB. Exp Cell Res. 2004;298:133-43 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that HBXAP may function as a negative regulator for TNF-alpha-induced, NF-kappaB-mediated gene activation. ..
- Cheng W, Lee C, Su Y, Chai C, Chang M, Polo J, et al. Sindbis virus replicon particles encoding calreticulin linked to a tumor antigen generate long-term tumor-specific immunity. Cancer Gene Ther. 2006;13:873-85 pubmed..We concluded that the CRT strategy used in the context of SIN replicon particles facilitated the generation of a highly effective vaccine for cancer prophylaxis and immunotherapy...
- Yang T, Tsai W, Lee Y, Lei H, Lai M, Chen D, et al. Purification and characterization of nucleolin and its identification as a transcription repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6068-74 pubmed
- Chen K, Yeh P, Yeh K, Lu Y, Huang S, Cheng A. Down-regulation of phospho-Akt is a major molecular determinant of bortezomib-induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6698-707 pubmed publisher..Targeting Akt signaling overcomes drug resistance to bortezomib in HCC cells, which provides a new approach for the combinational therapy of HCC. ..
- Chien C, Lee T, Lu K. Distribution of neuronal intermediate filament proteins in the developing mouse olfactory system. J Neurosci Res. 1998;54:353-63 pubmed..Our results suggest that alpha-internexin may play a functional role in the neuronal cytoarchitecture of developing olfactory system, and can be a neuronal marker for detecting postmitotic migrating neurons in the adult olfactory bulb. ..
- Lai M, Chen S, Chen Y. Purification and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from mouse seminal vesicle secretion. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1991;290:265-71 pubmed..We found that cleavage only at the reactive site of this protein (Arg19-Ile20) resulted in its denaturation. ..
- Wang Y, Chao T, Chang C, Yo Y, Yu M, Lai H. Drug screening identifies niclosamide as an inhibitor of breast cancer stem-like cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74538 pubmed publisher..The results of this proof-of-principle study may facilitate the development of new breast cancer therapies in the near future. The extension of niclosamide clinical trials is warranted. ..
- Lee C, Lee S, Chen S, Ho F, Lin W. Oregonin inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced iNOS gene transcription and upregulates HO-1 expression in macrophages and microglia. Br J Pharmacol. 2005;146:378-88 pubmed..The HO-1-derived CO may also be involved in the suppressive effect on iNOS gene regulation. ..
- Chou H, Chou H, Lee S. CDK-dependent activation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase member 10 (PARP10). J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15201-7 pubmed..CDK-phosphorylated PARP10 is absent in growth-arrested cells. These results suggest that PARP10 functions in cell proliferation and may serve as a marker for proliferating cells. ..
- Liu S, Peng B, Ma J, Liu Y, Ng S. Serum response element associated transcription factors in mouse embryos: serum response factor, YY1, and PEA3 factor. Dev Genet. 1995;16:229-40 pubmed..This physical interaction, between SRF and ETS domain proteins, was shown to involve the DNA-binding domain-containing region of SRF and not the carboxyl-terminal transactivation domain. ..
- Ko J, Hsu C, Lin R, Kao C, Lin J. A new fungal immunomodulatory protein, FIP-fve isolated from the edible mushroom, Flammulina velutipes and its complete amino acid sequence. Eur J Biochem. 1995;228:244-9 pubmed..FIP-fve was found to enhance the transcriptional expression of interleukin-2 and interferon-gamma. ..
- Chang C, Chen S, Hong S. Reversals of the neostigmine-induced tetanic fade and endplate potential run-down with respect to the autoregulation of transmitter release. Br J Pharmacol. 1988;95:1255-61 pubmed
- Chen Y, Wu C, Liu J, Fong Y, Hsu S, Li T, et al. Honokiol induces cell apoptosis in human chondrosarcoma cells through mitochondrial dysfunction and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Cancer Lett. 2010;291:20-30 pubmed publisher..Importantly, animal studies have revealed a dramatic 53% reduction in tumor volume after 21days of treatment. This study demonstrates that honokiol may be a novel anti-cancer agent targeting chondrosarcoma cells. ..
- Tseng Y, Hong R, Tao M, Chang F. Sterically stabilized anti-idiotype immunoliposomes improve the therapeutic efficacy of doxorubicin in a murine B-cell lymphoma model. Int J Cancer. 1999;80:723-30 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the superiority of targeted therapy with these immunoliposomes and its potential in lymphoma treatment. ..
- Shyu Y, Wen S, Lee T, Chen X, Hsu C, Chen H, et al. Chromatin-binding in vivo of the erythroid kruppel-like factor, EKLF, in the murine globin loci. Cell Res. 2006;16:347-55 pubmed
- Yen C, Liu S, Chen W, Lin R, Lin Shiau S. Tissue distribution of different mercurial compounds analyzed by the improved FI-CVAAS. J Anal Toxicol. 2002;26:286-95 pubmed..As compared with methylmercury, the total amount of HgS accumulated in the tissues ranging about one five-thousandth of methylmercury, which is well correlated with the biological activity of HgS reported previously...
- Lin C, Yang I, Tsai C, Fang H, Ma H. Auricular Tissue Engineering Using Osteogenic Differentiation of Adipose Stem Cells with Small Intestine Submucosa. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:297-305 pubmed publisher..The mechanical properties, shape, and cellularity were maintained in the constructs for up to 12 months. Therapeutic, V. ..
- Yeh S, Wang P, Lou Y, Khoo K, Hsiao M, Hsu T, et al. Glycolipid GD3 and GD3 synthase are key drivers for glioblastoma stem cells and tumorigenicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5592-7 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that GD3 and GD3S are highly expressed in GSCs, play a key role in glioblastoma tumorigenicity, and are potential therapeutic targets against GBM. ..
- Tang C, Hsu T, Lin W, Lai M, Yang R, Hsieh S, et al. Attenuation of bone mass and increase of osteoclast formation in decoy receptor 3 transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2346-54 pubmed..These results indicate that DcR3 may play an important role in osteoporosis or other bone diseases. ..
- Lin Shiau S, Liu S, Fu W. Studies on the contracture of the mouse diaphragm induced by sodium selenite. Eur J Pharmacol. 1989;167:137-46 pubmed
- Yang N, Kaphle K, Wang P, Jong D, Wu L, Lin J. Effects of aqueous extracts of "Betel quid" and its constituents on testosterone production by dispersed mouse interstitial cells. Am J Chin Med. 2004;32:705-15 pubmed..However, the identity of the active compounds besides arecoline and the exact mechanism involved remains to be further investigated. ..
- Huang T, Chuang H, Chou W, Chen C, Wang H, Chou S, et al. Tbr1 haploinsufficiency impairs amygdalar axonal projections and results in cognitive abnormality. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:240-7 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that TBR1 is important in the regulation of amygdalar axonal connections and cognition. ..
- Sheu M, Chao K, Sung Y, Lin W, Lin Shiau S, Liu S. Activation of phosphoinositide 3-kinase in response to inflammation and nitric oxide leads to the up-regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 expression and subsequent cell proliferation in mesangial cells. Cell Signal. 2005;17:975-84 pubmed..These results indicate that a PI3K/Akt-dependent pathway involved in the NO-regulated COX-2 expression and cell proliferation in mesangial cells under inflammatory condition. ..
- Su J, Tsai T, Chang H, Chao K, Su T, Tsai S. Distant HNF1 site as a master control for the human class I alcohol dehydrogenase gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19809-21 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that HNF1 binding, at approximately 51 kb upstream, plays a master role in controlling human class I ADH gene expression and may govern alcohol metabolism in the liver. ..
- Ke P, Kuo Y, Hu C, Chang Z. Control of dTTP pool size by anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome is essential for the maintenance of genetic stability. Genes Dev. 2005;19:1920-33 pubmed..We conclude that down-regulation of dTTP pool size by the APC/C pathway during mitosis and the G1 phase is an essential means to maintain a balanced dNTP pool and to avoid genetic instability. ..