Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Taiwan
Publications873 found, 100 shown here
- Liou J, Wu C, Chen B, Yen L, Wu K. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs induced endothelial apoptosis by perturbing peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-delta transcriptional pathway. Mol Pharmacol. 2008;74:1399-406 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that NSAIDs, but not aspirin (<1 mM) induce endothelial apoptosis via suppression of PPARdelta-mediated 14-3-3epsilon expression. ..
- Kuo P, Kalsi G, Prescott C, Hodgkinson C, Goldman D, Alexander J, et al. Associations of glutamate decarboxylase genes with initial sensitivity and age-at-onset of alcohol dependence in the Irish Affected Sib Pair Study of Alcohol Dependence. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2009;101:80-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that the underlying pathophysiology regulated by genes like GAD1 may be more directly related to the component processes that form AD than to the clinical disorder. ..
- Chu S, Ming Y, Chao H, Luo C. An accessory labioscrotal fold associated with anorectal malformation in female neonates. J Pediatr Surg. 2009;44:E17-9 pubmed publisher..We present our experience of treatment with these rare cases and a review of the literature. ..
- Chang C, Hsiao C, Chang G, Tsai Y, Chen Y, Huang M, et al. Interactive effect of cigarette smoking with human 8-oxoguanine DNA N-glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) polymorphisms on the risk of lung cancer: a case-control study in Taiwan. Am J Epidemiol. 2009;170:695-702 pubmed publisher..The authors conclude that there was a noticeable modifying effect on the association between hOGG1 genotype and lung cancer risk by cigarette smoking status. ..
- Huang C, Tsao K, Lin T, Huang Y, Lee L, Chen T, et al. Estimates of individuals exposed to human metapneumovirus in a community-based Taiwanese population in 1999. Arch Virol. 2010;155:343-50 pubmed publisher..In addition, our findings suggest that preschool children in particular would benefit from vaccination against hMPV. ..
- Hsu W, Ho T, Huang C, Ho H, Liu Y, Liu H, et al. Chinese medicine acupoint herbal patching for allergic rhinitis: a randomized controlled clinical trial. Am J Chin Med. 2010;38:661-73 pubmed..This study supports the belief that the acupoint herbal patch is an effective treatment for allergic rhinitis and can significantly improve general health, social life and vitality in quality of life. ..
- Peng T, Jou M. Oxidative stress caused by mitochondrial calcium overload. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2010;1201:183-8 pubmed publisher..The reciprocal interactions between Ca(2+) induced ROS increase and ROS modulated Ca(2+) upsurge may cause a feedforward, self-amplified loop createing cellular damage far beyond direct Ca(2+) induced damage. ..
- Lai P, Chiu T, Huang Y. Overexpression of BDNF and TrkB in human bladder cancer specimens. Oncol Rep. 2010;24:1265-70 pubmed..In conclusion, the existence of overexpressed BDNF and TrkB in human TCC has been demonstrated in our study. A strategy involving BDNF/TrkB blockade may be a new hope for TCC target therapy. ..
- Liao C, Lee L, Huang S, Chen I, Kang C, Lin C, et al. Outcome analysis of patients with oral cavity cancer and extracapsular spread in neck lymph nodes. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2011;81:930-7 pubmed publisher..We conducted a retrospective analysis of prognostic factors in this patient group and tried to identify a subset of patients with a worse prognosis suitable for more aggressive therapeutic interventions...
- Chang Y, Chao H, Kong M, Hsia S, Yan D. Misdiagnosed acute appendicitis in children in the emergency department. Chang Gung Med J. 2010;33:551-7 pubmed..A shorter stay in the emergency department, fewer laboratory tests, less diagnostic imaging, and fewer physical findings may be responsible for misdiagnosed appendicitis late at night in the emergency department. ..
- Shih C. Assisting people with multiple disabilities and minimal motor behavior to improve computer Drag-and-Drop efficiency through a mouse wheel. Res Dev Disabil. 2011;32:2867-74 pubmed publisher..Both participants: (a) improved their DnD efficiency with the use of DDnDAP and (b) remained highly successful through the maintenance phase. The implications of the findings are discussed. ..
- Sun C, Chang Y, Pan C. Activation of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway correlates with tumour progression and reduced survival in patients with urothelial carcinoma of the urinary bladder. Histopathology. 2011;58:1054-63 pubmed publisher..Proper immunohistochemical examination of the PI3K/Akt/mTOR pathway can provide useful prognostic information, and the findings may represent an additional therapeutic avenue in the treatment of bladder cancers. ..
- Wu W, Lin Y, Liou S, Yang C, Cheng K, Tsai P, et al. Brain cancer associated with environmental lead exposure: evidence from implementation of a National Petrol-Lead Phase-Out Program (PLPOP) in Taiwan between 1979 and 2007. Environ Int. 2012;40:97-101 pubmed publisher..After being adjusted for a number of relevant confounders, it could be concluded that high PLEA might result in an increase in the incidence rate of brain cancer resulting from high lead exposures. ..
- Tan B, Yang C, Hsieh C, Chou Y, Zhong C, Yung B, et al. Epigeneitc silencing of ribosomal RNA genes by Mybbp1a. J Biomed Sci. 2012;19:57 pubmed publisher..They are further consistent with the scenario that Mybbp1a is an integral constituent of the rDNA epigenetic regulation that underlies the balanced state of rDNA clusters. ..
- Chien L, Wu J, Chen Y, Liu L, Huang W, Chen T, et al. Age, sex, and socio-economic status affect the incidence of pediatric spinal cord injury: an eleven-year national cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39264 pubmed publisher..99 per 100,000 person-years, with traumatic cervical SCI accounting for the majority. The incidence rate increases abruptly in male teenagers. Gender, age, and socio-economic status are independent risk factors that should be considered. ..
- Peng H, Wu C, Young D, Martel J, Young A, Ojcius D, et al. Physicochemical and biological properties of biomimetic mineralo-protein nanoparticles formed spontaneously in biological fluids. Small. 2013;9:2297-307 pubmed publisher..While mineral NPs do not activate immune cells, they may become pro-inflammatory and contribute to pathological processes once they aggregate and form larger mineral particles...
- Hung T, Tseng C, Hsieh Y, Tseng K, Tsai C, Tsai C. High mortality of pneumonia in cirrhotic patients with ascites. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013;13:25 pubmed publisher..Infectious diseases increased 30-day and 90-day mortality of cirrhotic patients with ascites. Among all infectious diseases identified, pneumonia carried the highest risk for mortality. ..
- Iwashita Y, Hibi T, Ohyama T, Honda G, Yoshida M, Miura F, et al. An opportunity in difficulty: Japan-Korea-Taiwan expert Delphi consensus on surgical difficulty during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci. 2017;24:191-198 pubmed publisher..The median point for each item was set as the difficulty score. A Delphi consensus was reached among expert LC surgeons on the impact of intraoperative findings on surgical difficulty. ..
- Pan Y, Lee Y, Lee Y, Lee W, Hsieh S. Differentially profiling the low-expression transcriptomes of human hepatoma using a novel SSH/microarray approach. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:131 pubmed..The modified SSH/microarray approach is a simple but high-sensitive and high-efficient tool for differentially profiling the low-expression transcriptomes. It is most adequate for applying to functional genomic studies. ..
- Liu L, Chen C, Chang M. Post-irradiation myokymia and neuromyotonia in unilateral tongue and mentalis muscles: report of a case. Acta Neurol Taiwan. 2007;16:33-6 pubmed..Focal myokymia with concomitant neuromyotonia in unilateral tongue and mentalis muscles could be an unusual delayed manifestation after radiation therapy...
- Chen K, Sun M, Hwang Y, Chen T, Lai C, Chen Y. Endophthalmitis caused by Citrobacter species. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2008;16:147-53 pubmed publisher..To investigate clinical settings, treatments, antibiotic sensitivities, and visual outcomes associated with endophthalmitis caused by Citrobacter species...
- Huang Y, Lai C, Lou S, Yeh J, Chan W. Activation of JNK and PAK2 is essential for citrinin-induced apoptosis in a human osteoblast cell line. Environ Toxicol. 2009;24:343-56 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these results, we propose a signaling cascade model for CTN-induced apoptosis in human osteoblasts involving ROS, JNK, caspases, and PAK2. ..
- Fang C, Lee C, Wu C, Chang Y, Yu S, Chou S, et al. Recurrent chemical reactivations of EBV promotes genome instability and enhances tumor progression of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells. Int J Cancer. 2009;124:2016-25 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that recurrent EBV reactivations may result in accumulation of genome instability and promote the tumor progression of NPC...
- Shiao J, McLaws M, Lin M, Jagger J, Chen C. Chinese EPINet and recall rates for percutaneous injuries: an epidemic proportion of underreporting in the Taiwan healthcare system. J Occup Health. 2009;51:132-6 pubmed..We compared data from EPINet and recall of PIs using a cross-sectional survey for rates to establish the reliability of the new system...
- Tsai S, Chen C, Liou H, Hsu F. Preparation and characterization of microspheres comprised of collagen, chondroitin sulfate, and apatite as carriers for the osteoblast-like cell MG63. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2010;93:115-22 pubmed publisher..In addition, with regard to the osteoblast bioactivity, we observed that alkaline phosphatase activity of MG63 cells on the collagen-CS-apatite gel beads higher than on the collagen-CS gel beads on day 14. ..
- Yeh C, Chang H, Chiang J, Tsai W, Chen L, Wu C, et al. Regulation of plasminogen activator inhibitor 1 expression in human osteoarthritic chondrocytes by fluid shear stress: role of protein kinase Calpha. Arthritis Rheum. 2009;60:2350-61 pubmed publisher..OA chondrocytes from lesional sites and those from nonlesional sites of human cartilage have differential responses to shear stress with regard to PAI-1 gene expression, and therefore diverse functional consequences can be observed. ..
- Shiao C, Wu V, Li W, Lin Y, Hu F, Young G, et al. Late initiation of renal replacement therapy is associated with worse outcomes in acute kidney injury after major abdominal surgery. Crit Care. 2009;13:R171 pubmed publisher..The findings of this study support earlier initiation of acute RRT, and also underscore the importance of predicting prognoses of major abdominal surgical patients with AKI by using RIFLE classification. ..
- Lin K, Hsu W, Hsiao I, Wey S, Jin L, Skovronsky D, et al. Whole-body biodistribution and brain PET imaging with [18F]AV-45, a novel amyloid imaging agent--a pilot study. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:497-508 pubmed publisher..This pilot study reports the safety, biodistribution, and radiation dosimetry of [(18)F]AV-45 in human subjects...
- Liu I, Chang C, Ho C, Chiu S, Lee W, Chang T, et al. Multimodality imaging and preclinical evaluation of 177Lu-AMBA for human prostate tumours in a murine model. Anticancer Res. 2010;30:4039-48 pubmed..High uptake of (177)Lu-AMBA in PC-3M-luc-C6 tumour-bearing mice by microSPECT/CT imaging can further evaluate the potential of (177)Lu-AMBA therapy for PC-3M-luc-C6 tumours. ..
- Chen C, Wang C, Lien R, Chou Y, Chang C, Chiang M. Mediastinal and retropharyngeal abscesses in a neonate. Pediatr neonatol. 2011;52:172-5 pubmed publisher..She did well without any sequelae at follow-up clinic. Pediatricians should consider retropharyngeal and mediastinal abscesses among the differential diagnoses when confronting a newborn with fever and stridor. ..
- Lee W, Huang J, Jaing T, Shyur S, Yang K, Chien Y, et al. Distribution, clinical features and treatment in Taiwanese patients with symptomatic primary immunodeficiency diseases (PIDs) in a nationwide population-based study during 1985-2010. Immunobiology. 2011;216:1286-94 pubmed publisher..Awareness of under-diagnosis among physicians rather than pediatricians is vital for timely diagnosis and consequently adequate treatment. ..
- Hwang C, Huang C, Chien C, Huang S, Yang C, Su C. Human papillomavirus infection in oral papillary and verrucous lesions is a prognostic indicator of malignant transformation. Cancer Epidemiol. 2012;36:e122-7 pubmed publisher..The presence of HPV infection is relatively low; however, the clinical outcome of patients with HPV-positive papillary and verrucous lesions was poor. ..
- Lee Y, Fung C, Wang F, Chen C, Chen T, Cho W. Outbreak of imipenem-resistant Acinetobacter calcoaceticus-Acinetobacter baumannii complex harboring different carbapenemase gene-associated genetic structures in an intensive care unit. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2012;45:43-51 pubmed publisher..baumannii carrying the IS1008-?ISAba3-bla(OXA-58-like) gene. A. baumannii isolates carrying different carbapenemase genes and their associated genetic structures might be transmitted or selected in different ways. ..
- Lin W, Chen J. Class-imbalanced classifiers for high-dimensional data. Brief Bioinform. 2013;14:13-26 pubmed publisher..The SVM-THR performs well if the imbalance is severe and predictors are highly correlated. The DLDA with a feature selection can perform well without using the ensemble correction. ..
- Tsai J, Lee M, Hsu S, Chen M, Liu S, Chang J, et al. CD4+ T cells disarm or delete cytotoxic T lymphocytes under IL-17-polarizing conditions. J Immunol. 2012;189:1671-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results reveal an intriguing mechanism in which Tc17 cells are controlled by a finely tuned collaboration between the different types of CD4(+) T cells in distinct tumor microenvironments. ..
- Huang T, Ojcius D, Young J, Wu Y, Ko Y, Wong T, et al. The anti-tumorigenic mushroom Agaricus blazei Murill enhances IL-1Î² production and activates the NLRP3 inflammasome in human macrophages. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41383 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings reveal that AbM activates the NLRP3 inflammasome via multiple mechanisms, resulting in the secretion of IL-1Î². ..
- Wang T, Ng K, Yeh T, Wang Y, Liang K, Yeh C, et al. Peritumoral small ephrinA5 isoform level predicts the postoperative survival in hepatocellular carcinoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41749 pubmed publisher..EphrinA5, especially ephrinA5S, acts as a tumor suppressor in hepatocarcinogenesis. Peritumoral small ephrinA5 isoform level could determine the postoperative survival in hepatocellular carcinoma. ..
- Chen S, Wu C, Huang S, Kang J, Chiu S, Yang K, et al. ?-catenin and K-ras mutations and RASSF1A promoter methylation in Taiwanese colorectal cancer patients. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2012;16:1277-81 pubmed publisher..Methylation of RASSF1A promoter is independent of the prognosis for Taiwanese CRC patients. Taiwanese subjects differ from subjects of other populations with regard to ?-catenin, K-ras, and RASSF1A presentations for CRC. ..
- Lin Y, Chen Y, Hu S, Chen H, Chen J, Yang S. Identifying core herbal treatments for urticaria using Taiwan's nationwide prescription database. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;148:556-62 pubmed publisher..Further well-designed clinical trials and animal model studies for urticaria are still needed to explore the efficacy and mechanism of CHM in urticaria. ..
- Chen C, Chu C, Liu K, Huang C, Chang J, Pan W, et al. Gene expression profiling for analysis acquired oxaliplatin resistant factors in human gastric carcinoma TSGH-S3 cells: the role of IL-6 signaling and Nrf2/AKR1C axis identification. Biochem Pharmacol. 2013;86:872-87 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of Nrf2/AKR1Cs activity may be useful for management of oxaliplatin-refractory gastric cancers. ..
- van Essen T, van Zijl L, Possemiers T, Mulder A, Zwart S, Chou C, et al. Biocompatibility of a fish scale-derived artificial cornea: Cytotoxicity, cellular adhesion and phenotype, and inÂ vivo immunogenicity. Biomaterials. 2016;81:36-45 pubmed publisher..The FSCM allows excellent cell growth, is not immunogenic and is well-tolerated in the cornea, and thus meets the basic criteria to serve as a scaffold to reconstitute the cornea. ..
- Yeh Y, Wang S, Yeh Y, Hsiao H, Li T. Rhapontigenin inhibits TGF-?-mediated epithelial?mesenchymal transition via the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway and is not associated with HIF-1? degradation. Oncol Rep. 2016;35:2887-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Rha may represent a new route for therapeutic intervention in cancer patients and merits future studies to assess its potential. ..
- Lin S, Wu S, Huang H, Lung F, Chi T, Yang J. Can a 10-Minute Questionnaire Identify Significant Psychological Issues in Patients With Temporomandibular Joint Disease?. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2017;75:1856-1865 pubmed publisher..DDWORWLO produced the highest pain VAS score in patients with DDD. The 13-item Axis II evaluations can offer useful clues for oral and maxillofacial surgeons and other specialists to collaborate with MHRs. ..
- Chen L, Feng X, Yang X, Li L. [Translation and Development of the Chinese-Version Patient Privacy Scale]. Hu Li Za Zhi. 2017;64:56-64 pubmed publisher..Cronbach's ?? .94??????Cronbach's ??? .84~ .90?????? .91?????? .82?????? .95????????????????????64.98%?. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????. ..
- Wang N, Fu Y, Wang J, Kang E, Wu A, Tseng Y, et al. Peripheral Vascular Endothelial Dysfunction in Central Serous Chorioretinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:4524-4529 pubmed publisher..31 Â± 5.60, control: 16.22 Â± 5.56, P = 0.950). This study demonstrated impaired FMD in patients with CSC and the results have provided evidence of peripheral endothelium dysfunction associated with CSC in patients. ..
- Wu H, Shi G, Wohl R, Bender M. Structure and formation of microplasmin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1987;84:8793-5 pubmed..The proposed scheme for the formation of microplasmin involves autolysis at specific peptide bonds and scrambling of especially sensitive disulfide bonds in alkaline solution. ..
- Lin T. Endoscopic clipping in video-assisted thoracoscopic sympathetic blockade for axillary hyperhidrosis. An analysis of 26 cases. Surg Endosc. 2001;15:126-8 pubmed..Patients who experience excessive compensatory sweating may require a reverse operation for endoclip removal. ..
- Chao A, Huang J, Lien R, Kung F, Chen P, Hsieh P. Pregnancy in women who undergo long-term hemodialysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2002;187:152-6 pubmed..Although pregnancy remains risky in women who are undergoing long-term dialysis, advances in dialysis, obstetrics, and neonatal treatment have led to an improved success rate. Our data from 1990 to 2000 showed a 60% success rate. ..
- Ko W, Yan J, Yu W, Lee H, Lee N, Wang L, et al. A new therapeutic challenge for old pathogens: community-acquired invasive infections caused by ceftriaxone- and ciprofloxacin-resistant Salmonella enterica serotype choleraesuis. Clin Infect Dis. 2005;40:315-8 pubmed..Resistance to ciprofloxacin was related to nucleotide mutations in gyrA and parC, and resistance to ceftriaxone was related to the presence of CMY-2 beta -lactamase. ..
- Yu Y, Tsai S, Hong C, Chen M, Yang C, Chen T. Association study of a functional MAOA-uVNTR gene polymorphism and cognitive function in healthy females. Neuropsychobiology. 2005;52:77-82 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that our study should be replicated and that the testing method, sex, disease and ethnicity should also be considered in future studies. ..
- Wang I, Kuo H, Chen Y, Lin C, Chang H, Chuang F, et al. Extraintestinal manifestations of Edwardsiella tarda infection. Int J Clin Pract. 2005;59:917-21 pubmed..tarda extraintestinal infections can have diverse clinical manifestations and moreover may cause severe and life-threatening infections. Consequently, E. tarda should be considered a potentially important pathogen. ..
- Lee J, Kong M. Primary intestinal lymphangiectasia diagnosed by endoscopy following the intake of a high-fat meal. Eur J Pediatr. 2008;167:237-9 pubmed
- Yang J, Kuo Y, Hsieh C, Jeng S. The use of radial vessel stump in free radial forearm flap as flap monitor in head and neck reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2007;59:378-81 pubmed..It not only allows easy monitoring, no further donor site morbidity, but it also eliminates the need for special monitoring device. ..
- Hsiao C, Weng H, Yuan Y, Chen C, Chen I. Predictors of mortality in patients with necrotizing fasciitis. Am J Emerg Med. 2008;26:170-5 pubmed publisher..Our study aims to identify the association of mortality and different microorganisms, and the positive and negative predictors of mortality in patients with necrotizing fasciitis...
- Cheng Y, Weng H, Yang J, Lee M, Wang T, Chang C. Factors affecting graft infection after cranioplasty. J Clin Neurosci. 2008;15:1115-9 pubmed publisher..Multiple procedures and insufficient time intervals increase the risk of infection. Interrupting the wound healing process may be the cause of infection. PMMA is a safe material for cranioplasty regardless of previous infection. ..
- Huang K, Hsieh P, Huang K, Tsai Y. Vibrio necrotizing soft-tissue infection of the upper extremity: factors predictive of amputation and death. J Infect. 2008;57:290-7 pubmed publisher..Severe hypoalbuminemia also serve as poor prognostic factors implicating a high probability of death or major amputation. ..
- Wu C, Huang J, Hsia S, Lee H, Lin J. Pott's puffy tumor after acupuncture therapy. Eur J Pediatr. 2009;168:1147-9 pubmed publisher..It presents as a localised swelling of the forehead. This paper describes a 12-year-old girl with PPT. To our knowledge, this is the first case report of PTT caused by acupuncture therapy. ..
- Lee C, Lin H, Hung S, Li D, Ho H, Lee M, et al. Haptoglobin genotypes in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Int J Biol Markers. 2009;24:32-7 pubmed..In this study, the distribution of haptoglobin genotypes among patients with NPC was investigated and the prognostic significance of haptoglobin genotypes was further analyzed...
- Lee C, Tseng C, Wang C, Lin Y, Chen C, Wun T, et al. A new quantitative method to evaluate adnexal tumors. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2010;49:45-9 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to assess endometriomas and follicular cysts using a new quantitative method provided by the picture archiving and communication system...
- Chuang L, Huang C, Ou Yang L, Lin S. Probiotic Lactobacillus paracasei effect on cariogenic bacterial flora. Clin Oral Investig. 2011;15:471-6 pubmed publisher..mutans was detected between T2 and T3 (p?=?0.016). Thus, a 2-week period of medication via oral administration route may be needed for L. paracasei GMNL-33 to be effective in the probiotic action. ..
- Yen M, Wu A, Yang Z, Gong Y, Chang E. Recognition roles of the carbohydrate glycotopes of human and bovine lactoferrins in lectin-N-glycan interactions. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1810:139-49 pubmed publisher..This study provides essential knowledge regarding the different roles of bioactive sites of lactoferrins in lectin-N-glycan recognition processes. ..
- Lu K, Ma W, Yu J, Wu C, Chu P. Bone turnover markers predict changes in bone mineral density after parathyroidectomy in patients with renal hyperparathyroidism. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2012;76:634-42 pubmed publisher..Parathyroidectomy provided marked, sustained improvements in BMD for up to 1 year. Furthermore, markers of bone turnover predicted 1-year changes in FN and LS BMDs after PTX. ..
- Chen W, Hsu I, Sun Y, Wang Y, Wu T. Immunocapture couples with matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry for rapid detection of type 1 dengue virus. J Chromatogr A. 2013;1288:21-7 pubmed publisher..The immunocapture could unambiguously differentiate the DV1 from other serotypes of the dengue viruses and Japanese encephalitis virus, and could be used as a specific probe to detect DV1 from complex biological mixtures. ..
- Chen S, Chen H, Chen S, Huang C, Chen P, Wu T, et al. MicroRNA-495 inhibits proliferation of glioblastoma multiforme cells by downregulating cyclin-dependent kinase 6. World J Surg Oncol. 2013;11:87 pubmed publisher..This study revealed miR-495 is down-regulated in glioma tissues. Furthermore, miR-495 regulated CDK6 expression and involved in glioma cell growth inhibition, which indicated the possible role of miR-495 in tumor progression. ..
- Wu H, Wang H, Huang H, Lai C, Lee C, Soong Y, et al. Gonadotropin-releasing hormone type II (GnRH-II) agonist regulates the invasiveness of endometrial cancer cells through the GnRH-I receptor and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)-dependent activation of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:300 pubmed publisher..In mammals, expression of GnRH-II is higher than GnRH-I in reproductive tissues. Here, we examined the effect of a GnRH-II agonist on the motility of endometrial cancer cells and its mechanism of action in endometrial cancer therapy...
- Chi H, Liao C, Huang Y, Wu S, Tsai C, Liao C, et al. Thyroid hormone receptor inhibits hepatoma cell migration through transcriptional activation of Dickkopf 4. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;439:60-5 pubmed publisher..Our findings collectively suggest that DKK4 upregulated by T3/TR antagonizes the Wnt signal pathway to suppress tumor cell progression, thus providing new insights into the molecular mechanism underlying thyroid hormone activity in HCC. ..
- Wu C, Fang C, Hsu H, Chuang H, Cheng Y, Chen Y, et al. EBV reactivation as a target of luteolin to repress NPC tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2016;7:18999-9017 pubmed publisher..Tumorigenicity in mice, induced by EBV reactivation, was decreased profoundly following luteolin administration. Together, these results suggest that inhibition of EBV reactivation is a novel approach to prevent the relapse of NPC. ..
- Sun D, Lo S, Lin C, Yu M, Huang C, Chen Y, et al. Calcium oscillation and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase positively regulate integrin alpha(IIb)beta3-mediated outside-in signaling. J Biomed Sci. 2005;12:321-33 pubmed
- Chung M, Lu J, Weng Y, Hwang B. Absence of mutations in human ubiquitin fusion-degradation protein gene in tetralogy of Fallot. J Mol Med (Berl). 2001;79:338-42 pubmed..Our data suggest that, although the UFD1L gene is mapped to 22q11 and is expressed during early murine development at both cardiac and cranial neural crests, it is not responsible for the majority of tetralogy of Fallot cases in humans. ..
- Lin J, Lee M, Hsiao L, Yang M, Chao T, Chen P, et al. Pulmonary nocardiosis in a patient with CML relapse undergoing imatinib therapy after bone marrow transplantation. Ann Hematol. 2004;83:444-6 pubmed..Our case indicated that pulmonary nocardiosis could occur in patients with GVHD undergoing imatinib and corticosteroid therapy and might be treated by single-agent TMP/SMX. ..
- Hsieh C, Liang C, Kueh N, Tsai H, Jeng S. Distally based sural island flap for the reconstruction of a large soft tissue defect in an open tibial fracture with occluded anterior and posterior tibial arteries-a case report. Br J Plast Surg. 2005;58:112-5 pubmed..This flap is a useful alternative for distal extremity reconstruction when anterior and posterior tibial arteries are occluded, as large flaps can be elevated safely based on only one peroneal perforator...
- Hung C. Measuring postpartum stress. J Adv Nurs. 2005;50:417-24 pubmed..Additional research is recommended using confirmatory factor analysis to determine the stability of the factor structure identified in the present study. ..
- Chen J, Chen Y, Lin S, Tseng S. Sylvian fissure dermoid cyst with intratumoral hemorrhage: case report. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2005;108:63-6 pubmed..After 1 year of follow-up, she was well and without neurological deficits. To the best of our knowledge after a literature review, only two previous cases of dermoid cyst have featured intratumoral hemorrhage. ..
- Huang I, Chien C, Huang C, Lo S. Induction of hepatitis D virus large antigen translocation to the cytoplasm by hepatitis B virus surface antigens correlates with endoplasmic reticulum stress and NF-kappaB activation. J Gen Virol. 2006;87:1715-23 pubmed..Nevertheless, TNF-alpha-induced GFP-LD translocation was independent of new protein synthesis, suggesting that a post-translational event occurs to GFP-LD to allow translocation. ..
- Horng H, Chen F, Ho C, Kuo C, Wu C, Wong C. Bradycardia and hypotension refractory to ephedrine and atropine treatment: severe autonomic dysfunction with abnormal heart rate variability. Acta Anaesthesiol Taiwan. 2006;44:109-12 pubmed..A heart rate variability study confirmed the diagnosis of autonomic dysfunction after the event. Possible predisposing mechanisms and anesthetic considerations are discussed...
- Chang E, Miao Z, Lee W, Chao H, Li L, Wang Y, et al. Arecoline inhibits the 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced cytochrome P450 1A1 activation in human hepatoma cells. J Hazard Mater. 2007;146:356-61 pubmed
- Lee C, Lin W, Chia J, Su L, Chien C, Mao A, et al. Community-acquired osteomyelitis caused by Chryseobacterium meningosepticum: case report and literature review. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2008;60:89-93 pubmed..Her chronic sclerosing osteomyelitis was cured with ciprofloxacin. English literature review found 4 cases of bone-joint infection due to C. meningosepticum. The implications of treatment with a fluoroquinolone were discussed...
- Lai H, Chen P, Chen C, Chang H, Peng T, Chang F. Randomized crossover trial studying the effect of music on examination anxiety. Nurse Educ Today. 2008;28:909-16 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that lento music is effective at anxiety reduction. This study provides evidence for nursing faculty and clinical educators to foster nursing students' mastering over the anxiety of examination by using lento music. ..
- Huang K, Chien K, Lin Y, Hsu W, Fong I, Huang P, et al. A proteome reference map of Trichomonas vaginalis. Parasitol Res. 2009;104:927-33 pubmed publisher..vaginalis proteome. This study presented the most extensive proteomic analysis of T. vaginalis to date and provided a reference proteome database for future comparative proteomic studies...
- Chiou C, Wang Y, Chen P, Wang W, Wu P, Wei H. Association of the shuffling of Streptococcus pyogenes clones and the fluctuation of scarlet fever cases between 2000 and 2006 in central Taiwan. BMC Microbiol. 2009;9:115 pubmed publisher..The fluctuation in the number of scarlet fever cases during the seven years can be primarily attributed to the shuffling of six prevalent emm clones and to the SARS outbreak in 2003. ..
- Chiu T, Lai W, Hsia T, Yang J, Lai T, Wu P, et al. Aloe-emodin induces cell death through S-phase arrest and caspase-dependent pathways in human tongue squamous cancer SCC-4 cells. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:4503-11 pubmed..Aloe-emodin could be a novel chemotherapeutic drug candidate for the treatment of human tongue squamous cancer in the future. ..
- Huang M, Chiang P, Luo S, Liou G, Lee M. Development of a high-throughput assay for measuring serum neutralizing antibody against enterovirus 71. J Virol Methods. 2010;165:42-5 pubmed publisher..In the quantitative comparison, the correlation coefficient between Nt-EIA and Nt-CPE was 0.91 after log transformation. Overall, the Nt-EIA is a suitable alternative assay for the quantitation of EV71 neutralizing antibody to EV71. ..
- Lu C, Sung Y. Epidemiology of Blastocystis hominis and other intestinal parasites among the immigrant population in northeastern Taiwan by routine physical examination for residence approval. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2009;42:505-9 pubmed..Due to the increasing number of immigrants in Taiwan, B. hominis may become a public health problem in Taiwan. This study was performed to determine the prevalence of B. hominis among immigrant populations...
- Shen C, Shee J, Wu J, Lin Y, Wu J, Liu Y. Combretastatin A-4 inhibits cell growth and metastasis in bladder cancer cells and retards tumour growth in a murine orthotopic bladder tumour model. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;160:2008-27 pubmed publisher..It inhibited cell migration in vitro and tumour growth in vivo. Hence, CA-4 intravesical therapy could provide another strategy for treating superficial bladder cancers. ..
- Chen S, Wang J, Hsu H, Leong M, Tok T, Chin Y. Epidemiology of childhood intussusception and determinants of recurrence and operation: analysis of national health insurance data between 1998 and 2007 in Taiwan. Pediatr neonatol. 2010;51:285-91 pubmed publisher..Children under 1 year of age have the highest recurrence and operation rates. Seasonal variation of intussusception was suspected in Taiwan. ..
- Chien J, Chou C, Pan C, Kuo C, Tsai J, Liao W, et al. The mechanism of sertraline-induced [Ca2+]i rise in human OC2 oral cancer cells. Hum Exp Toxicol. 2011;30:1635-43 pubmed publisher..Together, in human oral cancer cells, sertraline induced [Ca(2+)](i) rises by causing phospholipase C-independent Ca(2+) release from the endoplasmic reticulum and Ca(2+) influx via store-operated Ca(2+) channels...
- Ko J, Tsai M, Weng S, Kuo Y, Chiu Y, Lin Y. Curcumin enhances the mitomycin C-induced cytotoxicity via downregulation of MKK1/2-ERK1/2-mediated Rad51 expression in non-small cell lung cancer cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;255:327-38 pubmed publisher..We concluded that Rad51 inhibition may be an additional action mechanism for enhancing the chemosensitization of MMC by curcumin in NSCLC. ..