Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taiwan
Publications492 found, 100 shown here
- Jean Y, Chen W, Duh C, Huang S, Hsu C, Lin C, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase and cyclooxygenase-2 participate in anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects of the natural marine compound lemnalol from Formosan soft coral Lemnalia cervicorni. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;578:323-31 pubmed..In addition, inhibition of elevated iNOS and COX-2 protein expression as well as neurophil infiltration of carrageenan-injected paws may be involved in the beneficial effects of lemnalol. ..
- Lo R, Shyu W, Lin S, Wang H, Chen S, Li H. New molecular insights into cellular survival and stress responses: neuroprotective role of cellular prion protein (PrPC). Mol Neurobiol. 2007;35:236-44 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the significance of cellular prion protein in different neurodegenerative diseases and the possible development of future therapies. ..
- Chang C, Kawa Y, Tsai R, Shieh J, Lee J, Watabe H, et al. Melanocyte precursors express elastin binding protein and elastin-derived peptide (VGVAPG) stimulates their melanogenesis and dendrite formation. J Dermatol Sci. 2008;51:158-70 pubmed publisher..These findings first provide biological evidences for the interaction between melanocyte and elastic fiber. ..
- Lin T, Liu Y, Jheng J, Tsai H, Jan J, Wong W, et al. Anti-enterovirus 71 activity screening of chinese herbs with anti-infection and inflammation activities. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:143-58 pubmed..cordata extract was greater in cells pretreated with extract than those treated after infection. We conclude that H. cordata extract has antiviral activity, and it offers a potential to develop a new anti-EV71 agent. ..
- Sun M, Pang J, Chen S, Han W, Ho T, Chen K, et al. Retinal protection from acute glaucoma-induced ischemia-reperfusion injury through pharmacologic induction of heme oxygenase-1. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:4798-808 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of HO-1 by pharmacologic induction protected the retina from subsequent cellular damage caused by ischemia-reperfusion injury through antiapoptotic and anti-inflammatory effects. ..
- Chen J, Leu Y, Fang C, Chen C, Fang J. Thermosensitive hydrogels composed of hyaluronic acid and gelatin as carriers for the intravesical administration of cisplatin. J Pharm Sci. 2011;100:655-66 pubmed publisher..PNIPAM caused partial desquamation of umbrella cells. The thermosensitive hydrogels prepared in this study may be promising carriers for targeted drug delivery to the bladder. ..
- Huang Y, Tsai M, Guilleminault C. Pharmacological treatment of ADHD and the short and long term effects on sleep. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:1450-8 pubmed..Here we will concisely review the pharmacological treatments of ADHD, and provide the relevant data discussing their short- and long-term effects on sleep. ..
- Yang Y, Ma Y, Liu W, Lee E. Laminin-?1 impairs spatial learning through inhibition of ERK/MAPK and SGK1 signaling. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2011;36:2571-86 pubmed publisher..These results together indicate that LB1 negatively regulates spatial learning in rats. In addition, LB1 impairs spatial learning through decreased activation of the ERK/MAPK-SGK1 signaling pathway in the rat hippocampus. ..
- Peng S, Chen C, Song Y, Huang H, Jiang P, Chen W, et al. Assessment of metabolic modulation in free-living versus endosymbiotic Symbiodinium using synchrotron radiation-based infrared microspectroscopy. Biol Lett. 2012;8:434-7 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that nitrogen limitation is a factor that the host cell exploits to induce the biosynthesis of lipids and polysaccharides in endosymbiotic Symbiodinium. ..
- Chang J, Chang C, Tsai H, Lee C, Lian W, Ih Jen Su -, et al. Selection and characterization of vaccine strain for Enterovirus 71 vaccine development. Vaccine. 2012;30:703-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these results provide valuable information for cell-based EV71 vaccine development. ..
- Liang S, Pan J. An endogenous dopaminergic tone acting on dopamine D3 receptors may be involved in diurnal changes of tuberoinfundibular dopaminergic neuron activity and prolactin secretion in estrogen-primed ovariectomized rats. Brain Res Bull. 2012;87:334-9 pubmed publisher..The same treatment with sense ODN had no effect. In conclusion, an endogenous DA tone may act on D(3) receptors to inhibit TIDA neuron activity and in turn stimulate the PRL surge in the afternoon of OVX+E(2) rats. ..
- Yeh C, Liao Y, Chang C, Tsai J, Wang Y, Cheng C, et al. Caffeine treatment disturbs the angiogenesis of zebrafish embryos. Drug Chem Toxicol. 2012;35:361-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, caffeine treatment induces defects of angiogenesis in zebrafish embryos. ..
- Wen C, Sung C, Aljuffali I, Huang Y, Fang J. Nanocomposite liposomes containing quantum dots and anticancer drugs for bioimaging and therapeutic delivery: a comparison of cationic, PEGylated and deformable liposomes. Nanotechnology. 2013;24:325101 pubmed..However, encapsulation of irinotecan into liposomes did not further increase intratumoral drug accumulation. Cationic liposomes were preferable to other liposomes as nanocarriers in both bioimaging and therapeutic approaches. ..
- Chu T, Yang J, Huang T, Liu H. Crosstalk with cancer-associated fibroblasts increases the growth and radiation survival of cervical cancer cells. Radiat Res. 2014;181:540-7 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated radiation protective effects of CAF-cancer cell crosstalk, and identified multiple growth factors and radiation response genes that might be involved in these effects. ..
- Wang Y, Lin Y, Wu Y, Chen Y, Lin Y, Cheng C, et al. Loss of SLC9A3 decreases CFTR protein and causes obstructed azoospermia in mice. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006715 pubmed publisher..The Slc9a3-deficient mice with impaired male excurrent ducts in this study provide proof for our clinical findings that some Taiwanese of CBAVD carry SLC9A3 deletion but without major CFTR mutations. ..
- Cabana F, Plowman A, Van Nguyen T, Chin S, Wu S, Lo H, et al. Feeding Asian pangolins: An assessment of current diets fed in institutions worldwide. Zoo Biol. 2017;36:298-305 pubmed publisher..We are unable to render a conclusion of what model is more appropriate based on our data collected...
- Yu B, Hung C, Chen W, Cheng J. Antihyperglycemic effect of andrographolide in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Planta Med. 2003;69:1075-9 pubmed..These results suggest that andrographolide can increase the glucose utilization to lower plasma glucose in diabetic rats lacking insulin. ..
- Chen H, Kuo T, Shaw F, Lai C, Yang C. Sleep-related vagotonic effect of zolpidem in rats. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2005;181:270-9 pubmed..Both parameters, however, did not increase but even decreased in ZP30, TZ0.075, and TZ0.75. Zolpidem not only caused a longer and deeper sleep but also led to an elevated cardiac vagal activity at a specific dose in the rat. ..
- Chou F, Huang S, Chen S, Wang P, Huang P, Lu K. Treatment of osteoporosis with TheraCyte-encapsulated parathyroid cells: a study in a rat model. Osteoporos Int. 2006;17:936-41 pubmed
- Chang Chien C, Ding H, Liu C, Yang C. Vibrio infection associated with finning injury of the hand. Injury. 2007;38:614-8 pubmed..Health education should include a recommendation to wear protective gloves while handling fish. Early antibiotic and surgical treatment can avoid potentially life-threatening complications. ..
- Wang C, Lai M, Lui C, Yang S, Tiao M, Hsieh C, et al. An enriched environment improves cognitive performance after early-life status epilepticus accompanied by an increase in phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 2. Epilepsy Behav. 2007;11:303-9 pubmed..However, an enriched environment has no effect on seizure threshold. ..
- Wu J, Wu A, Tsai C, Chang X, Tsai S, Wu T. Contribution of fucose-containing capsules in Klebsiella pneumoniae to bacterial virulence in mice. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2008;233:64-70 pubmed..The possession of fucose might contribute to KpL1 virulence by avoiding phagocytosis since fucose on bacteria had been implicated in immune evasion. ..
- Wang S, Chen S, Wang C. Purification and characterization of chitinases and chitosanases from a new species strain Pseudomonas sp. TKU015 using shrimp shells as a substrate. Carbohydr Res. 2008;343:1171-9 pubmed publisher..CHT1 was only specific to chitin substrates, whereas the relative activity of CHS1 increased when the degree of deacetylation of soluble chitosan increased. ..
- Cheng C, Lin Y, Tsai M, Chen C, Hsieh M, Chen C, et al. SCUBE2 suppresses breast tumor cell proliferation and confers a favorable prognosis in invasive breast cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:3634-41 pubmed publisher..Together, our results show for the first time that altered SCUBE2 expression is important in breast cancer progression and SCUBE2 may serve as a useful prognostic marker. ..
- Chen V, Huang C, Lee Y, Liao W, Huang N. The roles of the thioredoxin system and peroxiredoxins in 1-methyl-4-phenyl-pyridinium ion-induced cytotoxicity in rat pheochromocytoma cells. Toxicol In Vitro. 2010;24:1577-83 pubmed publisher..Since these enzymes are known to prevent oxidative stress and apoptosis, these evidences could be regarded as a novel neurotoxic mechanism of MPP(+) and also provide an alternative view of developing drug therapies for PD. ..
- Shih Y, Yang C, Chen W. Upregulation of a novel eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A (eIF5A) in dengue 2 virus-infected mosquito cells. Virol J. 2010;7:214 pubmed publisher..It would be worthwhile to further investigate how its downstream factors or cofactors contribute to this phenomenon of dengue infection...
- Lu Y, Chen Y, Kao Y, Wu T, Chen S, Chen Y. Extracellular matrix of collagen modulates intracellular calcium handling and electrophysiological characteristics of HL-1 cardiomyocytes with activation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor. J Card Fail. 2011;17:82-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a critical role of collagen in electrical remodeling during fibrosis. ..
- Chiu J, Chien S. Effects of disturbed flow on vascular endothelium: pathophysiological basis and clinical perspectives. Physiol Rev. 2011;91:327-87 pubmed publisher..Such information can contribute to our understanding of the etiology of lesion development in vascular niches with disturbed flow and help to generate new approaches for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Shen Y, Chen J, Liao R. Place conditioning and neurochemical responses elicited by the aftereffect of acute stressor exposure involving an elevated stand. Neurosci Lett. 2011;504:156-159 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that an increase in dopamine activity in the nucleus accumbens is involved in the development of conditioned place preference elicited by the aftereffects of the elevated stand stressor. ..
- Chou C, Pang C, Lee T, Fang T. Direct renin inhibitor prevents and ameliorates insulin resistance, aortic endothelial dysfunction and vascular remodeling in fructose-fed hypertensive rats. Hypertens Res. 2013;36:123-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that aliskiren prevents and ameliorates insulin resistance, aortic endothelial dysfunction and oxidative vascular remodeling in fructose-fed hypertensive rats. ..
- Lin C, Lee I, Wu W, Liu C, Hsieh H, Hsiao L, et al. Thrombin mediates migration of rat brain astrocytes via PLC, Ca²?, CaMKII, PKC?, and AP-1-dependent matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression. Mol Neurobiol. 2013;48:616-30 pubmed publisher..These results concluded that thrombin activated a PLC/Ca(2+)/CaMKII/PKC?/p42/p44 MAPK and JNK1/2 pathway, which in turn triggered AP-1 activation and ultimately induced MMP-9 expression in RBA-1 cells. ..
- Wang L, Kuo I, Tsai T, Lee C. Antrodia camphorata-fermented product cultured in deep ocean water has more liver protection against thioacetamide-induced fibrosis. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013;97:9955-67 pubmed publisher..camphorata-fermented functional metabolites including triterpenoids, polysaccharides, flavonoids, and polyphenols but also contributed to protection against TAA-induced damage and fibrosis. ..
- Su J, Chen Y, El Shazly M, Du Y, Su C, Tsao C, et al. Towards the small and the beautiful: a small dibromotyrosine derivative from Pseudoceratina sp. sponge exhibits potent apoptotic effect through targeting IKK/NF?B signaling pathway. Mar Drugs. 2013;11:3168-85 pubmed publisher..Therefore, DT represents an interesting reference point for the development of new cytotoxic agent targeting IKK/NF?B pathway. ..
- Chen C, Shikina S, Chen W, Chung Y, Chiu Y, Bertrand J, et al. A Novel Female-Specific and Sexual Reproduction-Associated Dmrt Gene Discovered in the Stony Coral, Euphyllia ancora. Biol Reprod. 2016;94:40 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the sexual reproduction-associated Dmrt gene(s) should have arisen in cnidarians and might have evolved multiple times in metazoans. ..
- Liu M, Bamodu O, Huang W, Zucha M, Lin Y, Wu A, et al. 4-Acetylantroquinonol B suppresses autophagic flux and improves cisplatin sensitivity in highly aggressive epithelial cancer through the PI3K/Akt/mTOR/p70S6K signaling pathway. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;325:48-60 pubmed publisher..We believe these findings will be beneficial in the development of a novel anti-ovarian cancer therapeutic strategy. ..
- Liu P, Wang H, Li X, Chao T, Teav T, Christen S, et al. ?-ketoglutarate orchestrates macrophage activation through metabolic and epigenetic reprogramming. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:985-994 pubmed publisher..This study reveals new mechanistic regulations by which glutamine metabolism tailors the immune responses of macrophages through metabolic and epigenetic reprogramming. ..
- Li J, Chang W, Lin J, Ruaan R, Liu H, Sun J. Cytokine release from osteoblasts in response to ultrasound stimulation. Biomaterials. 2003;24:2379-85 pubmed..Although, animal studies and clinical trial are needed to understand the real process in the whole body, ultrasound stimulation might be a good method for prevention of bone loss due to osteoporosis. ..
- Wang Y, Tseng G. Spinal axonal injury induces brief downregulation of ionotropic glutamate receptors and no stripping of synapses in cord-projection central neurons. J Neurotrauma. 2004;21:1624-39 pubmed..Although this may support neurons by providing trophic influences, it nevertheless may subject them to excitotoxicity and ultimately lead to their degenerative fate. ..
- Chen J, Wei C, Chiou M, Su H, Kuo C. Cloning and expression analysis of a protein kinase C gene, PKCmu, and its regulation of the promoter region in zebrafish. DNA Cell Biol. 2007;26:415-24 pubmed
- Yang D, Pan H, Yen Y, Wang C, Chuang Y, Chen S, et al. Detrimental effects of post-treatment with fatty acids on brain injury in ischemic rats. Neurotoxicology. 2007;28:1220-9 pubmed
- Yang T, Tsao C, Li J, Wu H, Hsu C, Cheng J. Changes of dopamine content and cell proliferation by dexamethsone via pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide in PC12 cell. Neurosci Lett. 2007;426:45-8 pubmed..These results suggest that PACAP is involved in DEX-induced DA biosynthesis and cell proliferation in PC12 cells. ..
- Wang C, Hsu C, Chen H, Chulu J, Liu H. Development of a reliable assay protocol for identification of diseases (RAPID)-bioactive amplification with probing (BAP) for detection of Newcastle disease virus. Vet Microbiol. 2008;130:28-36 pubmed publisher..It could reliably rule out false negative results from antibody-based assays and also facilitate a rapid diagnosis in the early phase of the disease for emergency quarantine that may help prevent large-scale outbreaks. ..
- Su C, Yang J, Lin S, Lu H, Lin S, Chang Y, et al. Curcumin inhibits WEHI-3 leukemia cells in BALB/c mice in vivo. In Vivo. 2008;22:63-8 pubmed..From the pathological examinations, the effects of curcumin on the liver and spleen from mice after being injected with WEHI-3 cells were apparent. Both organs were enlarged. In conclusion, curcumin affect WEHI-3 cells in vivo. ..
- Hsu Y, Lee T, Chang C, Huang Y, Yang W. Anti-hyperglycemic effects and mechanism of Bidens pilosa water extract. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;122:379-83 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Bidens pilosa water extract ameliorates type 2 diabetes in db/db mice via regulation of insulin secretion and islet protection. ..
- Huang Y, Liao C, Chen R, Liao C, Lin K. Human testicular orphan receptor 4 enhances thyroid hormone receptor signaling. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:347-56 pubmed publisher..Overall, TR4 not only has modulation abilities similar to TR but also can cross-talk with TR and promote the TR signaling pathway. ..
- Tseng Y, Wang S, Huang K, Lee A, Chiang C, Wang C. Self-assembly of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus membrane protein. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12862-72 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that multiple SARS-CoV M regions are involved in M self-assembly and subcellular localization. ..
- Ke G, Chuang K, Chang C, Lin M, Liu H. Analysis of sequence and haemagglutinin activity of the HN glycoprotein of Newcastle disease virus. Avian Pathol. 2010;39:235-44 pubmed publisher..We infer from these results that a specific amino acid sequence within the heptad repeat region of the stalk is important for the HA activity of the HN glycoprotein. ..
- Hung F, Chao C. Knockdown of growth-arrest-specific gene 7b (gas7b) using short-hairpin RNA desensitizes neuroblastoma cells to cisplatin: Implications for preventing apoptosis of neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:3578-87 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our observations suggest that Gas7b is involved not only in neuritogenesis but also in the regulation of neuronal cell death. ..
- Chen S, Tsai Y, Wu C, Liao S, Wu L, Chang C, et al. Streptococcal collagen-like surface protein 1 promotes adhesion to the respiratory epithelial cell. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:320 pubmed publisher..Together, these results underscore the importance of Scl1 in the virulence of S. pyogenes and implicate Scl1 as an adhesin during pathogenesis of streptococcal infection. ..
- Yeh K, POPOWICS T. Molecular and structural assessment of alveolar bone during tooth eruption and function in the miniature pig, sus scrofa. Anat Histol Embryol. 2011;40:283-91 pubmed publisher..Incremental growth of existing woven bone and filling in of primary osteons within the mineralized scaffold generated the fortification necessary to support an erupted and functioning tooth. ..
- Chen W, Lin Y, Sheu D, Sheu S. Delftia litopenaei sp. nov., a poly-?-hydroxybutyrate-accumulating bacterium isolated from a freshwater shrimp culture pond. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2012;62:2315-21 pubmed publisher..nov. is proposed; the type strain is wsw-7(T) (?=?BCRC 80212(T)?=?LMG 25724(T))...
- Wu S, Liao C, Pan R, Juang J. Infection-induced intestinal oxidative stress triggers organ-to-organ immunological communication in Drosophila. Cell Host Microbe. 2012;11:410-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, intestinal ROS signaling plays an important role in initiating gut-to-fat body immunological communication in Drosophila. ..
- Chou A, Liu C, Chang C, Guo M, Hsieh S, Yang W, et al. Pilot scale production of highly efficacious and stable enterovirus 71 vaccine candidates. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34834 pubmed publisher..Based on the success of inactivated poliovirus vaccine, a prototype chemically inactivated EV71 vaccine candidate has been developed and currently in human phase 1 clinical trial...
- Su C, Yuan D, Chiang L, Lee H, Chen K, Wang D. Inducible cyclooxygenase expression mediating hypoxia/reoxygenation-induced pulmonary vasoconstriction is attenuated by a cyclooxygenase inhibitor in rats. Transplant Proc. 2012;44:929-32 pubmed publisher..COX II inhibitor celecoxib attenuated the HPV responses by reducing TxB(2) release. ..
- Irene D, Huang J, Chung T, Li F, Tzen J, Lin T, et al. Binding orientation and specificity of calmodulin to rat olfactory cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channel. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2013;31:414-25 pubmed publisher..Our studies suggest that the palindromic residues in OLFp are crucial for the orientation-specific recognition by CaM. ..
- Wu H, Wang C, Teng H, Lin C, Lu L, Jian S, et al. A dengue vector surveillance by human population-stratified ovitrap survey for Aedes (Diptera: Culicidae) adult and egg collections in high dengue-risk areas of Taiwan. J Med Entomol. 2013;50:261-9 pubmed..Therefore, our survey identified the whole year oviposition activity, spatial-temporal distribution of the local Ae. aegypti population and a 14 wk lag correlation with dengue incidence to plan an effectively proactive control. ..
- Liu C, Huang H. In vitro anti-propionibacterium activity by curcumin containing vesicle system. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2013;61:419-25 pubmed..Curcumin-loaded vehicles could efficiently accumulate in the skin and inhibit P. acnes in vitro. Our results highlight the potential of using vehicles containing lauric acid and curcumin as an alternative treatment for acne vulgaris. ..
- Lee C, Ko H, Lin C, Chai C, Chen W, Yen F. Artocarpin attenuates ultraviolet B-induced skin damage in hairless mice by antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;60:123-9 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we suggested that artocarpin could be a useful photoprotective agent in medicine and/or cosmetics. ..
- Chang C, Chang C, Lai G. Reactive oxygen species scavenging activities in a chemiluminescence model and neuroprotection in rat pheochromocytoma cells by astaxanthin, beta-carotene, and canthaxanthin. Kaohsiung J Med Sci. 2013;29:412-21 pubmed publisher..Our results conclusively show that astaxanthin has the merit as a potential neuron protectant. ..
- Lin C, Huang H, Lu P, Lin C, Lu K, Tsai H. Ras-Related Nuclear Protein is required for late developmental stages of retinal cells in zebrafish eyes. Int J Dev Biol. 2015;59:435-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, while the effects of Ran are minimal during early specification of the eye field, Ran is required for proliferation and differentiation of retinal cells at later developmental stages. ..
- Ting W, Huang C, Jiang C, Lin Y, Chung L, Shen C, et al. Treatment with 17?-Estradiol Reduced Body Weight and the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in a High-Fat Diet-Induced Animal Model of Obesity. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Notably, an almost 16% reduction in body weight was observed in the 17?-E-treated (12 ?g/kg/day for 60 days) high-fat diet-induced obese C57B male mice. These results suggested that 17?-E supplements may reduce CVD risk due to obesity. ..
- Ke P. Horning cell self-digestion: Autophagy wins the 2016 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine. Biomed J. 2017;40:5-8 pubmed publisher..This year the Nobel Committee has awarded Yoshinori Ohsumi the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for his remarkable contribution to autophagy research. ..
- Yen J, Wu P, Chen S, Wu M. Fisetin Protects PC12 Cells from Tunicamycin-Mediated Cell Death via Reactive Oxygen Species Scavenging and Modulation of Nrf2-Driven Gene Expression, SIRT1 and MAPK Signaling in PC12 Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this result shows that fisetin activates Nrf2, MAPK and SIRT1, which may elicit adaptive cellular stress response pathways so as to protect cells from Tm-induced cytotoxicity. ..
- Chang Y, Ching Y, Chiu C, Liu J, Hung S, Huang W, et al. TLR2 and interleukin-10 are involved in Bacteroides fragilis-mediated prevention of DSS-induced colitis in gnotobiotic mice. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180025 pubmed publisher..These results indicate the disease-preventing effects of BF in acute DSS-induced colitis may occur through the TLR2/IL-10 signal pathway. ..
- Chang C, Hsu C, Lee A, Wang S, Lin K, Chang W, et al. 4-Acetylantroquinonol B inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced cytokine release and alleviates sepsis through of MAPK and NFκB suppression. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2018;18:108 pubmed publisher..These results showed that 4AAQB exhibited anti-inflammatory property both in vitro and in vivo, suggesting that 4AAQB may be a therapeutic candidate which used in inflammatory disorders treatment. ..
- Tsai C, Wu T, Huang S, Sun K, Hsieh S, Han S, et al. Abnormal splenic and thymic IL-4 and TNF-alpha expression in MRL-lpr/lpr mice. Scand J Immunol. 1995;41:157-63 pubmed..The expression of IL-1 beta and IL-6 in the brain and kidney may be implicated in the damage of these two organs in MRL-lpr/lpr mice. ..
- Chiang C, Syljuasen R, Hong J, Wallis A, Dougherty G, McBride W. Effects of IL-3 gene expression on tumor response to irradiation in vitro and in vivo. Cancer Res. 1997;57:3899-903 pubmed..This study indicates that combining gene immunotherapy approaches with radiotherapy might increase the effectiveness of both, and it seems logical to pursue such treatment options. ..
- Huang S, Yang R, Yang L, Lee P, Pang J. Phyllanthus urinaria triggers the apoptosis and Bcl-2 down-regulation in Lewis lung carcinoma cells. Life Sci. 2003;72:1705-16 pubmed..urinaria extract induced the apoptosis of Lewis lung carcinoma cells, at least in part, through a mitochondria-associated intrinsic pathway...
- Chao C, Su L, Sun N, Ju Y, Lih J, Lin Chao S. Involvement of Gas7 in nerve growth factor-independent and dependent cell processes in PC12 cells. J Neurosci Res. 2003;74:248-54 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that Gas7 by itself influences early cell morphological development and likely functions as an early-stage intermediary in NGF-induced neuronal differentiation of PC12 culture cells. ..
- Lee J, Chang C, Wu S, Sargan D, Lin C. Secreted frizzled-related protein 2 (SFRP2) is highly expressed in canine mammary gland tumors but not in normal mammary glands. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2004;84:139-49 pubmed
- Liu H, Lee L, Shih W, Li Y, Su H. Rapid characterization of avian reoviruses using phylogenetic analysis, reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction and restriction enzyme fragment length polymorphism. Avian Pathol. 2004;33:171-80 pubmed..Also, it is possible to determine whether a new variant strain has been introduced into a flock or a given virus strain has spread from one flock to another. ..
- Yang C, Lin M, Hsieh H, Sun C, Ma Y, Hsiao L. Bradykinin-induced p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation and cell proliferation via Src, EGF receptors, and PI3-K/Akt in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cell Physiol. 2005;203:538-46 pubmed..These results suggest that, in VSMCs, the mechanism of BK-stimulated activation of p42/p44 MAPK and cell proliferation was mediated, at least in part, through activation of Src family kinases, EGFR transactivation, and PI3-K/Akt. ..
- Niu C, Yeh C, Yeh M, Cheng J. Increase of adipogenesis by ginsenoside (Rh2) in 3T3-L1 cell via an activation of glucocorticoid receptor. Horm Metab Res. 2009;41:271-6 pubmed publisher..The obtained results suggest that ginsenoside Rh2 can promote preadipocytes differentiation through activating GR. This finding seems helpful for the understanding of ginsenosides in the regulation of lipid metabolism. ..
- Lin R, Tzeng C, Lee Y, Ho W, Cheng J, Lin J, et al. Acute effect of electroacupuncture at the Zusanli acupoints on decreasing insulin resistance as shown by lowering plasma free fatty acid levels in steroid-background male rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2009;9:26 pubmed publisher..Insulin resistance was successfully induced by a large dose of prednisolone in male rats. This insulin resistance can be improved by 15 Hz EA at the bilateral Zusanli acupoints, as shown by decreased plasma levels of FFAs. ..
- Peng C, Ker Y, Weng C, Peng C, Huang C, Lin L, et al. Insulin secretagogue bioactivity of finger citron fruit (Citrus medica L. var. Sarcodactylis Hort, Rutaceae). J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:8812-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FC fruits that concomitantly possess insulin secretagogue and slimming effects would be very beneficial to type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. ..
- Chang C, Zhang L, Chen R, Wu C, Huang H, Roy M, et al. Quiquelignan A-H, eight new lignoids from the rattan palm Calamus quiquesetinervius and their antiradical, anti-inflammatory and antiplatelet aggregation activities. Bioorg Med Chem. 2010;18:518-25 pubmed publisher..7-4.5-fold higher compared with quercetin. Compounds 2-4, 6 and 8 also exhibited mild collagen-antagonistic activity, but were inactive with respect to thrombin-induced platelet aggregation. ..
- Huang Y, Tsai R, Lin S, Chien C, Cherng C, Wu C, et al. Amitriptyline attenuates astrocyte activation and morphine tolerance in rats: role of the PSD-95/NR1/nNOS/PKC? signaling pathway. Behav Brain Res. 2012;229:401-11 pubmed publisher..The effects of amitriptyline in attenuating astrocyte activation and reversing tolerance to morphine may be due, at least in part, to inhibition of the PSD-95/NMDAR NR1/nNOS/PKC? signaling cascade. ..
- Wen C, Zhang L, Al Suwayeh S, Yen T, Fang J. Theranostic liposomes loaded with quantum dots and apomorphine for brain targeting and bioimaging. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:1599-611 pubmed publisher..To the best of our knowledge, our group is the first to develop liposomes with a QD-drug hybrid for the aim of imaging and treating brain disorders. ..
- Ling M, Wu C, Yang K, Hsu H. Differential accumulation of trace elements in ventral and dorsal muscle tissues in tilapia and milkfish with different feeding habits from the same cultured fishery pond. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013;89:222-30 pubmed publisher..Our results indicated that metal concentrations in muscle of tilapia are mainly originated from sediment. However, sources of metal concentrations in muscle of milkfish can be from sediment and artificial feed...
- Hsiao S, Chen M, Chen C, Chien M, Hua K, Hsiao M, et al. The H3K9 Methyltransferase G9a Represses E-cadherin and is Associated with Myometrial Invasion in Endometrial Cancer. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1556-65 pubmed publisher..Mechanistic investigations suggest that E-cadherin repression mediates the effects of G9a. Targeting G9a-mediated epigenetic pathway dysregulation may be a therapeutic strategy for endometrial cancers. ..
- Chien C, Huang C, Tien L, Cheng Y, Ke C, Lee Y. Suppression of HSP27 Restores Retinal Function and Protects Photoreceptors From Apoptosis in a Light-Induced Retinal Degeneration Animal Model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3107-3117 pubmed publisher..However, in the following 2 weeks after light exposure, HSP27 suppression may initiate a protective effect for retinal cells, particularly photoreceptors, from light-induced retinal degeneration. ..
- Kung Y, Lihachev A, Satkauskas S, Lan K, Chen W. Electroporation by concentric-type needle electrodes and arrays. Bioelectrochemistry. 2017;118:31-37 pubmed publisher..This paper proposes a novel method using concentric-type needle electrodes to improve the efficacy of genomic medicine in terms of electrical safety, human factor and usability engineering. ..
- Lin C, Sun J, Sheu S, Lin F, Wang Y, Chen L. The effect of Chinese medicine on bone cell activities. Am J Chin Med. 2002;30:271-85 pubmed..Continued study of alterations in gene expression of bone cells caused by Chinese medicines will improve our understanding of bone cell responses to various pharmacological interventions. ..
- Shieh K. Distribution of the rhythm-related genes rPERIOD1, rPERIOD2, and rCLOCK, in the rat brain. Neuroscience. 2003;118:831-43 pubmed..These findings suggest that the different expression patterns observed for rPer1, rPer2, and rClock might be due to their different physiological role(s) in those brain regions. ..
- Yang M, Suen J, Li S, Chiang B. Identification of T-cell epitopes on U1A protein in MRL/lpr mice: double-negative T cells are the major responsive cells. Immunology. 2005;115:279-86 pubmed..The study here provides information on T-cell epitope analysis of the U1A antigen using BM-DCs as the effective antigen-presenting cells...
- Liao J, Cheng C, Lee S, Chen G, Chen K, Yang C, et al. Impaired micturition reflex caused by acute selective dorsal or ventral root(s) rhizotomy in anesthetized rats. Neurourol Urodyn. 2006;25:283-289 pubmed publisher..To clarify the contributions of parasympathetic inputs and outputs to the micturition reflex...
- Chao M, Hsien C, Yeh C, Chou S, Chu C, Su Y, et al. Assessing the prevalence of Salmonella enterica in poultry hatcheries by using hatched eggshell membranes. Poult Sci. 2007;86:1651-5 pubmed..05). Therefore, HEM as a detection target can be used to monitor Salmonella contamination in hatching cabinets and also be used to assess Salmonella prevalence in poultry hatcheries and rearing farms. ..