Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Taipei, Taiwan
Locale: Taipei, Taiwan
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Shyu Y, Wen S, Lee T, Chen X, Hsu C, Chen H, et al. Chromatin-binding in vivo of the erythroid kruppel-like factor, EKLF, in the murine globin loci. Cell Res. 2006;16:347-55 pubmed
- Chen S, Wang C. Establishment of cell culture systems from penaeid shrimp and their susceptibility to white spot disease and yellow head viruses. Methods Cell Sci. 1999;21:199-206 pubmed..By electron microscopy, virions of WSDV and YHV were observed in the nuclei and cytoplasm of cultured cells. The CPE foci developed further with increased incubation time. ..
- Chiou T, Chu S, Tzeng W. Protection of cells from menadione-induced apoptosis by inhibition of lipid peroxidation. Toxicology. 2003;191:77-88 pubmed..Our data suggest that menadione-induced apoptosis is directly linked to iron-dependent lipid peroxidation. ..
- Cheng J, Chiou L. Mechanisms of the antinociceptive action of gabapentin. J Pharmacol Sci. 2006;100:471-86 pubmed
- Wu S, Liu M. In vitro assessment of reproductive toxicity of cigarette smoke and deleterious consequences of maternal exposure to its constituents. Biol Res. 2012;45:101-9 pubmed publisher..Since both processes take place in the female reproductive system, our data provide new insights into deleterious consequences of maternal exposure to cigarette smoke. ..
- Pang J, Jiang M, Chen Y, Wang F, Wang D, Chu S, et al. Increased ferritin gene expression in atherosclerotic lesions. J Clin Invest. 1996;97:2204-12 pubmed..Collectively, these results clearly demonstrate that ferritin genes are susceptible to induction in the course of plaque formation. ..
- Wang H, Pao J, Lin S, Sheen L. Molecular mechanisms of garlic-derived allyl sulfides in the inhibition of skin cancer progression. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2012;1271:44-52 pubmed publisher..This short review focuses on the molecular mechanisms of garlic-derived allyl sulfides on skin cancer prevention. ..
- Kao C, Yang S, Tao M, Jeng Y, Yu I, Lin S. Incorporation of the factor IX Padua mutation into FIX-Triple improves clotting activity in vitro and in vivo. Thromb Haemost. 2013;110:244-56 pubmed publisher..Thus, incorporation of the FIX Padua mutation significantly improves the clotting function of FIX-Triple so as to optimise protein replacement therapy and gene therapy. ..
- Chang K, Cheng C, King P, Liu S, Wang G. CELF1 Mediates Connexin 43 mRNA Degradation in Dilated Cardiomyopathy. Circ Res. 2017;121:1140-1152 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a mechanism for increased CELF1 expression downregulating Cx43 mRNA level and a pathogenic role for elevated CELF1 level in the DCM heart. ..
- Lien H, Yang C, Cheng C, Hung C, Liao W, Hwang P, et al. A novel zinc finger protein 219-like (ZNF219L) is involved in the regulation of collagen type 2 alpha 1a (col2a1a) gene expression in zebrafish notochord. Int J Biol Sci. 2013;9:872-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results reveal that ZNF219L is involved in regulating the expression of col2a1a in zebrafish notochord specifically. ..
- Lin C, Yang I, Tsai C, Fang H, Ma H. Auricular Tissue Engineering Using Osteogenic Differentiation of Adipose Stem Cells with Small Intestine Submucosa. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017;140:297-305 pubmed publisher..The mechanical properties, shape, and cellularity were maintained in the constructs for up to 12 months. Therapeutic, V. ..
- Khoo K, Huang H, Lee K. Characteristic structural features of schistosome cercarial N-glycans: expression of Lewis X and core xylosylation. Glycobiology. 2001;11:149-63 pubmed..A portion of the mono- and biantennary complex types were identified to carry Lewis X and fucosylated LacdiNAc termini, which could also be detected by mass spectrometry analysis on larger, complex-type structures. ..
- Way T, Lee H, Kao M, Lin J. Black tea polyphenol theaflavins inhibit aromatase activity and attenuate tamoxifen resistance in HER2/neu-transfected human breast cancer cells through tyrosine kinase suppression. Eur J Cancer. 2004;40:2165-74 pubmed..These findings suggest the use of black tea polyphenols may be beneficial in the chemoprevention of hormone-dependent breast tumours and represent a possible remedy to overcome hormonal resistance of hormone-independent breast tumours. ..
- Chang C, Lin F, Lin C, Chou C, Liu H. Cartilage tissue engineering on the surface of a novel gelatin-calcium-phosphate biphasic scaffold in a double-chamber bioreactor. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2004;71:313-21 pubmed
- Chiang L, Chen Y, Chiang J, Lai L, Chen Y, Liao H. Modulation of dendritic cells by endurance training. Int J Sports Med. 2007;28:798-803 pubmed..This study demonstrated that periodized endurance training is able to modulate DC development and shift them towards a more mature state. ..
- Liao J, Hung C, Lee J, Wu S, Chiou S. Characterization, cloning, and expression of porcine alpha B crystallin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;244:131-7 pubmed..Expression of alpha B subunit chain in E. coli vector generated a polypeptide which can cross-react with the antiserum against the native and purified alpha B subunit from the native porcine lenses albeit with a much lower activity. ..
- Chang C, Jan M, Fan K, Wang H, Tsai T, Chen C, et al. Longitudinal evaluation of tumor metastasis by an FDG-microPet/microCT dual-imaging modality in a lung carcinoma-bearing mouse model. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:159-66 pubmed..Our results suggest that the growth progression of lung carcinoma can be identified using the FDG-microPET/microCT dual-image modality longitudinally in mice. ..
- Lu H, Lai K, Hsu S, Lin H, Yang M, Chen Y, et al. Curcumin induces apoptosis through FAS and FADD, in caspase-3-dependent and -independent pathways in the N18 mouse-rat hybrid retina ganglion cells. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:97-104 pubmed..Curcumin induced apoptosis through the intrinsic pathway and caspase-3-dependent and -independent pathways in N18 cells. ..
- Shang F, Wang S, Hsu C, Miao Y, Martin M, Yin Y, et al. MicroRNA-92a Mediates Endothelial Dysfunction in CKD. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:3251-3261 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that the uremic toxins accumulated in CKD can upregulate miR-92a in ECs, which impairs EC function and predisposes patients to CVD. ..
- Wu T, Chow L, Lin J. Sechiumin, a ribosome-inactivating protein from the edible gourd, Sechium edule Swartz--purification, characterization, molecular cloning and expression. Eur J Biochem. 1998;255:400-8 pubmed..These studies suggest that the recombinant sechiumin could be used for the preparation of immunotoxin as a potential cancer chemotherapeutic agent. ..
- Tang C, Hsu T, Lin W, Lai M, Yang R, Hsieh S, et al. Attenuation of bone mass and increase of osteoclast formation in decoy receptor 3 transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2346-54 pubmed..These results indicate that DcR3 may play an important role in osteoporosis or other bone diseases. ..
- Huang C, Chao H, Chang H, Lin X. A magnetic induction heating system with multi-cascaded coils and adjustable magnetic circuit for hyperthermia. Electromagn Biol Med. 2016;35:59-64 pubmed publisher..Finally, this system is employed to test the liver of swine in ex-vivo experiments, and through Hematoxylin and Eosin (H&E) stain and NADPH oxidase activity assay, the feasibility of this system is verified. ..
- Lu K, Chiang H, Lin H. Fine structural and cytochemical studies on the hamster subcommissural organ. Proc Natl Sci Counc Repub China B. 1987;11:297-306 pubmed
- Ong S, Tai J. Identification of virus-specific vesicles in Giardiavirus-infected Giardia lamblia. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2000;33:9-13 pubmed..The virus-associated vesicles and some electron-dense nuclear structures were only observed in virus-infected cells, suggesting that virus infection may induce ultrastructural alteration of G. lamblia...
- Chang C, Wang H, Wu S, Fan K, Tsai T, Lee T, et al. Comparative evaluation of FET and FDG for differentiating lung carcinoma from inflammation in mice. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:917-25 pubmed..FDG delineated both tumor and inflammation, while FET accumulated in tumor to a significantly higher extent. Our results demonstrated the potential of FET to distinguish epidermoid lung carcinoma from inflammatory lesions in mice. ..
- Shen H, Chang C, Chih W. Earthworms from Matsu, Taiwan with descriptions of new species of the genera Amynthas (Oligochaeta: Megascolecidae) and Drawida (Oligochaeta: Moniligastridae). Zootaxa. 2015;3973:425-50 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the earthworm fauna of Matsu Islands is more closely related to that of warm temperate China than to Taiwan or tropical southern China. ..
- Teng Y, Wang T, Hwu W, Lin S, Lee Chen G. Identification and characterization of -3c-g acceptor splice site mutation in human alpha-L-iduronidase associated with mucopolysaccharidosis type IH/S. Clin Genet. 2000;57:131-6 pubmed..6% of normal activity). The results provide further support for the importance of cytosine at the -3 position in RNA processing. ..
- Hsiao Y. Description of two new species of the genus Stenothemus from Taiwan (Coleoptera: Cantharidae). Zootaxa. 2015;3937:386-92 pubmed publisher..A key for the identification of Stenothemus species from Taiwan is given. ..
- Pi W. Effects of biogenic amine precursors on ovarian steroid-induced LH release in acutely ovariectomized rats. Chin J Physiol. 1990;33:335-43 pubmed..Results imply that the classical neurotransmitters in the central nervous system might modify the threshold of LHRH neurons in the hypothalamus...
- Chu C, Li S, Chen Y. Resolution of isotoxins in the beta-bungarotoxin family. J Chromatogr A. 1995;694:492-7 pubmed..Results of protein sequencing for P8, P9 and P11, the three main isotoxins, confirmed that they shared a common phospholipase A2 subunit, which was very similar to although not completely identical with the A1 chain reported previously...
- Lin Shiau S, Lin M. Studies on curare-like action of the tripeptide carbobenzoxy-Gly-Gly-Arg-beta-naphthylamide in mouse diaphragm. Eur J Pharmacol. 1998;343:51-6 pubmed..All of these findings suggest that Z-GGR-N is a novel tripeptide possessing curare-like actions at both presynaptic and postsynaptic sites and that these actions are independent of its protease substrate property. ..
- Cheng W, Lee C, Su Y, Chai C, Chang M, Polo J, et al. Sindbis virus replicon particles encoding calreticulin linked to a tumor antigen generate long-term tumor-specific immunity. Cancer Gene Ther. 2006;13:873-85 pubmed..We concluded that the CRT strategy used in the context of SIN replicon particles facilitated the generation of a highly effective vaccine for cancer prophylaxis and immunotherapy...
- Chen C, Kuo T, Sheu S, Kuo T. Preventive effects of Chinese herb chai-hu-gui-zhi-tang extract on water immersion restraint stress-induced acute gastric ulceration in rats. J Vet Med Sci. 2010;72:679-85 pubmed
- Huang T, Chuang H, Chou W, Chen C, Wang H, Chou S, et al. Tbr1 haploinsufficiency impairs amygdalar axonal projections and results in cognitive abnormality. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:240-7 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that TBR1 is important in the regulation of amygdalar axonal connections and cognition. ..
- Ko Y, Lang H, Loh S, Chu K, Wu M. Cl--dependent and Cl--independent Na+/ HCO3- acid extrusion in cultured rat cerebellar astrocytes. Chin J Physiol. 1999;42:237-48 pubmed..Thus, the present study provides evidence that both the NCBE and NBC play important roles in acid extrusion in cultured mammalian astrocytes. ..
- Lee E, Lin W, Chen H, Shiu W, Liang K. Fluoxetine and 8-OH-DPAT in the lateral septum enhances and impairs retention of an inhibitory avoidance response in rats. Physiol Behav. 1992;51:681-8 pubmed
- Lu K, Peracchia C. Freeze-fracture studies on the subcommissural organ tight junction in gerbils and mice. Proc Natl Sci Counc Repub China B. 1987;11:289-96 pubmed..We speculate that this apical region may play a role in maintaining the homeostasis of this CNS region in gerbils and possibly other desert animals, and may be part of a mechanism for survival in an extremely dry environment. ..
- Chang J, Lin J. Aliphatic aldehydes and allethrin in mosquito-coil smoke. Chemosphere. 1998;36:617-24 pubmed..Allethrin was found to occur only in particulates of 0.1-1.0 micron size. The results reveal that allethrin may not be capable of attacking the mosquitoes effectively. ..
- Ueng T, Wang H, Huang Y, Hung C. Antiestrogenic effects of motorcycle exhaust particulate in MCF-7 human breast cancer cells and immature female rats. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2004;46:454-62 pubmed..The present findings demonstrate that MEP extract is antiestrogenic in vitro and in vivo and cytochrome P450 induction is an underlying mechanism. ..
- Chang C, Lai M, Chen D, Lee S. Structure and expression of mouse alpha 1-acid glycoprotein gene-3 (AGP-3). DNA Cell Biol. 1992;11:315-20 pubmed..The low level of AGP-3 mRNA can be detected by the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). The molecular basis of the low level expression of AGP-3 and the possible classification of AGP-3 as a pseudogene are discussed. ..
- Su Y, Wu W, Wu M, Chiang B. A model of chronic lymphocytic leukemia with Ritcher's transformation in severe combined immunodeficiency mice. Exp Hematol. 2001;29:1218-25 pubmed..This animal system could be an ideal model for the human disease. We believe the animal model would be valuable in therapeutic studies and aid in the identification of the specific genetic alleles associated with the disease. ..
- Wang F, Kuo M, Shun C, Ma Y, Wang J, Ueng T. Chronic toxicity of a mixture of chlorinated alkanes and alkenes in ICR mice. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2002;65:279-91 pubmed..This study has demonstrated that the CA mixture is a potential carcinogen to male and female mice. These animal toxicology data may be important in assessing the health effects of individuals exposed to the CA mixture. ..
- Chang C, Tai K, Roffler S, Hwang L. The immunization site of cytokine-secreting tumor cell vaccines influences the trafficking of tumor-specific T lymphocytes and antitumor efficacy against regional tumors. J Immunol. 2004;173:6025-32 pubmed..Thus, the homing behavior of T cells depends on the route of immunization and is an important factor determining the efficacy of immunotherapy for regional tumors. ..
- Yang N, Kaphle K, Wang P, Jong D, Wu L, Lin J. Effects of aqueous extracts of "Betel quid" and its constituents on testosterone production by dispersed mouse interstitial cells. Am J Chin Med. 2004;32:705-15 pubmed..However, the identity of the active compounds besides arecoline and the exact mechanism involved remains to be further investigated. ..
- Su J, Tsai T, Chang H, Chao K, Su T, Tsai S. Distant HNF1 site as a master control for the human class I alcohol dehydrogenase gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19809-21 pubmed..Taken together, our data indicate that HNF1 binding, at approximately 51 kb upstream, plays a master role in controlling human class I ADH gene expression and may govern alcohol metabolism in the liver. ..
- Pi W, Lin C. Effects of monoamine precursors on food intake in male rats. Chin J Physiol. 1993;36:171-6 pubmed..The suppressive action of 5-HTP was very strong and lasted at least 3 days. The mechanism of this feeding suppressed action by either the central satiety center or the peripheral inhibiting system was discussed in this context...
- Liang K, Chen H, Chen D. Posttraining infusion of norepinephrine and corticotropin releasing factor into the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis enhanced retention in an inhibitory avoidance task. Chin J Physiol. 2001;44:33-43 pubmed..These findings, taken together, suggest that the BNST is involved in memory formation processes for affective experience and norepinephrine released in the BNST acting via alpha1 receptors plays a critical role in this function. ..
- Lin J, Pan M, Liao C, Weng C. In vivo and in vitro comparisons of spray-drying and solvent- evaporation preparation of microencapsulated Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae for use as an orally administered vaccine for pigs. Am J Vet Res. 2002;63:1118-23 pubmed..Results suggest that this novel method can be applied to other antigens, because the spray-drying process yielded an orally administered M hyopneumoniae vaccine that induced a good immune response. ..
- Chien C, Yu H, Lin T, Lai M, Hsu S. Substance P via NK1 receptor facilitates hyperactive bladder afferent signaling via action of ROS. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;284:F840-51 pubmed..Our study indicates that the mechanism by which SP participates in the neurogenic bladder may be complicated by its proinflammatory activity and its ability to stimulate ROS generation. ..
- Wang C, Shui H, Huang R, Tai M, Peng M, Tsai Y. Sexual motivation is demasculinized, but not feminized, in prenatally stressed male rats. Neuroscience. 2006;138:357-64 pubmed..These results, combined with those of our previous report, indicate that sexual motivation in prenatally stressed male rats is demasculinized, but not feminized. ..
- Huang S, Lin Y, You E, Liu T, Shu H, Wu K, et al. Fosmid library end sequencing reveals a rarely known genome structure of marine shrimp Penaeus monodon. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:242 pubmed publisher..These results provide substantial improvement to our current knowledge not only for shrimp but also for marine crustaceans of large genome size. ..
- Chou Y, Hsieh C, Chiou S, Hsu C, Kao Y, Lee C, et al. CITED2 functions as a molecular switch of cytokine-induced proliferation and quiescence. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:2015-28 pubmed publisher..Thus, CITED2 functions as a molecular switch of TGF-? and TGF-?-induced growth control, and MYC-CITED2 signaling axis provides a new index for predicting clinical outcome. ..
- Lee Y, Chang A, Lin Feng M, Tsou W, Chiang I, Lai M. Paxillin phosphorylation by JNK and p38 is required for NFAT activation. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2165-75 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that dual phosphorylation of paxillin by JNK and p38 MAPK is essential for T-cell activation and suggest that NFAT is a functional target of the JNK/p38 phosphorylated paxillin. ..
- Liu M. Capacitation-Associated Glycocomponents of Mammalian Sperm. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:572-94 pubmed publisher..The following review summarizes mammalian sperm glycoconstituents, with emphasis on their molecular changes during capacitation. ..
- Lai M, Chen S, Chen Y. Purification and characterization of a trypsin inhibitor from mouse seminal vesicle secretion. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1991;290:265-71 pubmed..We found that cleavage only at the reactive site of this protein (Arg19-Ile20) resulted in its denaturation. ..
- Chi S, Lin S, Su H, Hu W. Temperature effect on nervous necrosis virus infection in grouper cell line and in grouper larvae. Virus Res. 1999;63:107-14 pubmed..e. 28 degrees C at noon and 24 degrees C at midnight, was 10% 1 day p.c., and increased to 100% by 80 h p.c. Based on the results, we concluded that temperature plays an important role in GNNV infection and pathogenicity. ..
- Liang Y, Tsai S, Tsai D, Lin Shiau S, Lin J. Suppression of inducible cyclooxygenase and nitric oxide synthase through activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma by flavonoids in mouse macrophages. FEBS Lett. 2001;496:12-8 pubmed..These results suggested that these three flavonoids might act as allosteric effectors and were able to bind to PPAR gamma and activate it, but its binding site might be different from the natural ligand BRL49653. ..
- Juan H, Chang S, Huang H, Chen S. A new application of microwave technology to proteomics. Proteomics. 2005;5:840-2 pubmed..This new application of microwave technology to protein identification will be an important advancement in biotechnology and proteome research. ..
- Pu H, Wang S, Tseng C, Huang H, Lin C, Hsu J, et al. Mechanisms of digoxin and digitoxin on the production of corticosterone in zona fasciculata-reticularis cells of ovariectomized rats. J Cell Biochem. 2006;97:303-13 pubmed
- Lee A, Su M. Comparison of the cardiac effects between quinazoline-based alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonists on occlusion-reperfusion injury. J Biomed Sci. 2008;15:239-49 pubmed..We supposed that the different effects of these four agents on infarct size came from the difference in necrosis rather than apoptosis. ..
- Ke C, Yang F, Wu W, Chung C, Lee R, Yang W, et al. Vitamin D3 Reduces Tissue Damage and Oxidative Stress Caused by Exhaustive Exercise. Int J Med Sci. 2016;13:147-53 pubmed publisher..4% to 16.7% in the kidneys. In summary, postexercise intravenous injection of vitamin D can reduce the peroxidation induced by exhaustive exercise and ameliorate tissue damage, particularly in the kidneys and lungs. ..
- Guh J, Chueh S, Ko F, Teng C. Characterization of alpha 1-adrenoceptor subtypes in tension response of human prostate to electrical field stimulation. Br J Pharmacol. 1995;115:142-6 pubmed..6. It is suggested that the putative czA-adrenoceptors in human prostate may be functionally confined to the synaptic region whereas only minor populations of the putative alpha 1B- and/or alpha 1c-adrenoceptors exist in this region. ..
- Yu T, Wang S, Liu J, Yin H. Changes in the gene expression of GABA(A) receptor alpha1 and alpha2 subunits and metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 in the basal ganglia of the rats with unilateral 6-hydroxydopamine lesion and embryonic mesencephalic grafts. Exp Neurol. 2001;168:231-41 pubmed..Thus, the data indicate the mechanism of gene regulation for the modified expression of the receptors and could implicate the participation of the receptors in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Hsiao C, Tsai W, Tsai H. Isolation and expression of two zebrafish homologues of parvalbumin genes related to chicken CPV3 and mammalian oncomodulin. Gene Expr Patterns. 2002;2:163-8 pubmed
- Lin H, Juan S, Shen S, Hsu F, Chen Y. Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide production by flavonoids in RAW264.7 macrophages involves heme oxygenase-1. Biochem Pharmacol. 2003;66:1821-32 pubmed..A combination of HO-1 inducers (i.e. hemin) and flavonoids might be an effective strategy for the suppression of LPS-induced NO production. ..
- Lu H, Liu J, Hsueh S, Yang Y, Yang J, Tan T, et al. (-)-Menthol inhibits WEHI-3 leukemia cells in vitro and in vivo. In Vivo. 2007;21:285-9 pubmed..The weights of liver and spleen samples from mice treated with (-)-menthol were found to be decreased compared to untreated animals. ..
- Yang M, Chi N, Chou N, Huang Y, Chung T, Chang Y, et al. The influence of rat mesenchymal stem cell CD44 surface markers on cell growth, fibronectin expression, and cardiomyogenic differentiation on silk fibroin - Hyaluronic acid cardiac patches. Biomaterials. 2010;31:854-62 pubmed publisher..Through this study, we reported that CD44 surface markers of rMSCs highly influenced the proliferations, fibronectin expressions and cardiomyogenic differentiation of rMSCs cultivated on cardiac SF/HA patches. ..
- Chen S, Ay I, de Morais A, Qin T, Zheng Y, Sadeghian H, et al. Vagus nerve stimulation inhibits cortical spreading depression. Pain. 2016;157:797-805 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a potential mechanism by which vagus nerve stimulation may be efficacious in migraine and suggest that susceptibility to spreading depression is a suitable platform to optimize its efficacy. ..
- Chen K, Yeh P, Yeh K, Lu Y, Huang S, Cheng A. Down-regulation of phospho-Akt is a major molecular determinant of bortezomib-induced apoptosis in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Res. 2008;68:6698-707 pubmed publisher..Targeting Akt signaling overcomes drug resistance to bortezomib in HCC cells, which provides a new approach for the combinational therapy of HCC. ..
- Chen Y, Wu C, Liu J, Fong Y, Hsu S, Li T, et al. Honokiol induces cell apoptosis in human chondrosarcoma cells through mitochondrial dysfunction and endoplasmic reticulum stress. Cancer Lett. 2010;291:20-30 pubmed publisher..Importantly, animal studies have revealed a dramatic 53% reduction in tumor volume after 21days of treatment. This study demonstrates that honokiol may be a novel anti-cancer agent targeting chondrosarcoma cells. ..
- Tzeng C, Hui C, Shen S, Huang P. The complete nucleotide sequence of the Crossostoma lacustre mitochondrial genome: conservation and variations among vertebrates. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:4853-8 pubmed..Our observations provide evidence for the first time for the conservation of genetic information in the fish mitochondrial genome, especially among the vertebrates...
- Tseng Y, Hong R, Tao M, Chang F. Sterically stabilized anti-idiotype immunoliposomes improve the therapeutic efficacy of doxorubicin in a murine B-cell lymphoma model. Int J Cancer. 1999;80:723-30 pubmed..Our results demonstrate the superiority of targeted therapy with these immunoliposomes and its potential in lymphoma treatment. ..
- Ling Q, Chien C, Wen Y, Fu W, Sun W. The pattern and distribution of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) terminals in the rat dorsal following neonatal peripheral inflammation. Neuroreport. 2003;14:1919-21 pubmed..We suggest that neonatal inflammation causes changes in the neural circuitry pattern in various regions of the dorsal horn during the critical neonatal development period in rats. ..
- Yang C. Acute human toxicity of macrocyclic lactones. Curr Pharm Biotechnol. 2012;13:999-1003 pubmed..Despite the lack of specific therapy, the prognosis is likely to be favorable unless the poisoned patients are complicated with severe hypotension or respiratory failure. ..
- Yu S, Hsu S, Ko F, Chen C, Huang Y, Huang T, et al. Haemodynamic effects of dicentrine, a novel alpha 1-adrenoceptor antagonist: comparison with prazosin in spontaneously hypertensive and normotensive Wistar-Kyoto rats. Br J Pharmacol. 1992;106:797-801 pubmed..6. These results suggest that dicentrine may have therapeutic potential as an oral antihypertensive drug via alpha-adrenoceptor blockade. ..
- Yang T, Tsai W, Lee Y, Lei H, Lai M, Chen D, et al. Purification and characterization of nucleolin and its identification as a transcription repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:6068-74 pubmed
- Lee Y, Miau L, Chang C, Lee S. Transcriptional induction of the alpha-1 acid glycoprotein (AGP) gene by synergistic interaction of two alternative activator forms of AGP/enhancer-binding protein (C/EBP beta) and NF-kappaB or Nopp140. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4257-63 pubmed..The physiological significance of differential regulation for the function of two activator forms of AGP/EBP through selective interaction with different transcription factors is discussed. ..
- Wang F, Hsu A, Huang K. Bovine ephemeral fever in Taiwan. J Vet Diagn Invest. 2001;13:462-7 pubmed..Both were distinct from 2 Japanese strains and the Australian BB7721 strain. Thus, at least 2 distinct BEF viruses, which had diverged before 1983, existed in Taiwanese dairy cows...
- Wang F, Shieh H, Liao Y. Prevalence of Chlamydophila abortus infection in domesticated ruminants in Taiwan. J Vet Med Sci. 2001;63:1215-20 pubmed..felis (feline) and C. psittaci (avian) strains. Taiwanese isolates had 98.8-100% homology with known ruminant abortion strains and were phylogenetically closest to bovine LW508 strain...
- Chen W, Chang N, Chang Y, Chang K, Wu S, Yang T, et al. Characterization of the regulatory region of Adra2c, the gene encoding the murine alpha2C adrenoceptor subtype. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:886-901 pubmed
- Liu C, Chien C. Molecular cloning and characterization of chicken neuronal intermediate filament protein ?-internexin. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:2147-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, we suggest that chkINA is a neuron-specific IF protein that may be a useful marker for studies of chicken brain development. ..
- Yang S, Fang Y, Tseng M, Chu P, Yu I, Wu H, et al. Phosphorylation regulates NCC stability and transporter activity in vivo. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013;24:1587-97 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data suggest that SPAK-mediated phosphorylation of NCC at T60 regulates NCC stability and function, and defective phosphorylation at this residue corrects the phenotype of pseudohypoaldosteronism type II. ..
- Wang H, Huang T, Lo H, Huang P, Lin C, Chang S, et al. Deficiency of the microRNA-31-microRNA-720 pathway in the plasma and endothelial progenitor cells from patients with coronary artery disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2014;34:857-69 pubmed publisher..Manipulating the expression of the miR-31-miR-720 pathway in malfunction EPCs should help develop novel therapeutic modalities...
- Lin S, Tzeng B, Lee K, Smith R, Campbell K, Chen C. Cav3.2 T-type calcium channel is required for the NFAT-dependent Sox9 expression in tracheal cartilage. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E1990-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings define a previously unidentified mechanism that Ca(2+) influx via the Cav3.2 T-type Ca(2+) channel regulates Sox9 expression through the calcineurin/NFAT signaling pathway during tracheal chondrogenesis. ..
- Hung L, Pong V, Cheng C, Wong F, Chu R. An improved system for quantifying AgNOR and PCNA in canine tumors. Anticancer Res. 2000;20:3273-80 pubmed
- Hong L, Kuo J, Yen M, Chai C. Dorsomedial medulla is more susceptible than rostral ventrolateral medulla to hypoxic insult in cats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2001;90:248-60 pubmed..The peripheral baro- and chemoreceptors and the suprapontine structures apparently play an important role in posthypoxic depression. Moreover, the depression is not due to the postganglionic norepinephrine depletion...
- Wu Y, Tsai M, Cheng L, Chou C, Weng N. C. elegans CED-12 acts in the conserved crkII/DOCK180/Rac pathway to control cell migration and cell corpse engulfment. Dev Cell. 2001;1:491-502 pubmed..We suggest that CED-12 counterparts in higher organisms regulate cytoskeleton dynamics, as CED-12 does in C. elegans. ..