Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Taipei, Taiwan
Locale: Taipei, Taiwan
- Lin L, Lai L, Lin J, Du C, Shau W, Chan H, et al. Tight mechanism correlation between heart rate turbulence and baroreflex sensitivity: sequential autonomic blockade analysis. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2002;13:427-31 pubmed..Heart rate turbulence of turbulence onset and turbulence slope is critically vagal dependent and highly correlated with spontaneous baroreflex sensitivity, which underscores its clinical importance in cardiovascular risk stratification. ..
- Shen M, Lin J, Tsay W. Protein C and protein S deficiencies are the most important risk factors associated with thrombosis in Chinese venous thrombophilic patients in Taiwan. Thromb Res. 2000;99:447-52 pubmed..6 and 6.7, respectively. The findings of this study suggest that PC deficiency and PS deficiency are the most important risk factors for thrombosis in Chinese venous thrombophilic patients. ..
- Hsiung M, Lin Y. Lateral thyrotomy with strap muscle transposition for Teflon granuloma. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2005;262:298-301 pubmed
- Tsai S, Hsu H. Parotid neoplasms: diagnosis, treatment, and intraparotid facial nerve anatomy. J Laryngol Otol. 2002;116:359-62 pubmed..In addition, the facial nerve anatomy within the parotid gland had three main branching patterns in the upper and lower division. ..
- Tsai L, Jeng J, Liu H, Wang H, Yip P. Intracranial dural arteriovenous fistulas with or without cerebral sinus thrombosis: analysis of 69 patients. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2004;75:1639-41 pubmed..25 (p = 0.12) for development of aggressive manifestations. CST affects two fifths of patients with dural AVF. The location and type of dural AVF are major determinants of aggressive manifestations in patients with dural AVF. ..
- Liu H, Wang Y, Chen Y, Cheng J, Yip P, Tu Y. Long-term clinical outcome of spontaneous carotid cavernous sinus fistulae supplied by dural branches of the internal carotid artery. Neuroradiology. 2001;43:1007-14 pubmed..Previous external carotid artery embolization can significantly shorten the time to complete cure. Aggressive treatment should be reserved for those who have aggravated symptoms. ..
- Guo Y, Wu T, Chen H. Prognostic factors of mortality among patients with severe hyperglycemia. Am J Manag Care. 2015;21:e9-e22 pubmed..23). The 90-day mortality rate among patients with severe hyperglycemia in the ED was 14.6%. Sepsis, renal impairment with electrolyte imbalance, and lower blood pressure were independent prognostic factors. ..
- Kuo S, Hsu W, Young Y. Dextran-induced pulmonary edema in patients with sudden deafness. Otol Neurotol. 2002;23:661-4 pubmed..If fever, bleeding, cough, or dyspnea occurs during treatment, dextran must be immediately stopped. Subsequent treatment should focus on dextran clearance to prevent further cascade complications. ..
- Huang J, Niu C, Chen L, Lai P, Fu T, Chen W. Anterior cervical spinal surgery for multilevel cervical myelopathy. Chang Gung Med J. 2004;27:531-41 pubmed..The fusion rate was 100% in this series. Anterior cervical decompression and fusion for multilevel stenosis requires a longer operation time than posterior procedures; however, the clinical results are satisfactory. ..
- Hsiung M, Lin Y, Su W, Wang H. Autogenous fat injection for vocal fold atrophy. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2003;260:469-74 pubmed..Although fat re-absorption was identified as a problem, repeating the procedure could be considered to minimize the effect of such. ..
- Lin J, Hou S. Locked-nail treatment of humeral surgical neck nonunions. J Trauma. 2003;54:530-5 pubmed
- Pu C, Chou Y. The impact of continuity of care on emergency room use in a health care system without referral management: an instrumental variable approach. Ann Epidemiol. 2016;26:183-8 pubmed publisher..However, there are benefits to disease-specific COC. Because current estimations have failed to take endogeneity biases into account, COC is more effective than is currently assumed. ..
- Yang C, Pan M, Wu M, Chen Y, Tsen Y, Lin C, et al. Leptospirosis: an ignored cause of acute renal failure in Taiwan. Am J Kidney Dis. 1997;30:840-5 pubmed..Leptospirosis should be suspected in febrile patients with jaundice and renal failure when pathogens cannot be identified by traditional culture for microorganisms. ..
- Renn J, Yang N, Chueh C, Lin C, Lan T, Chou P. Bone mass in schizophrenia and normal populations across different decades of life. BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2009;10:1 pubmed publisher..Schizophrenic patients have lower bone mass than community population since they are young. Further study to investigate the pathophysiological process is necessary to delay or avoid the lower bone mass in schizophrenia patients. ..
- Lee S, Lin H, Wang G, Ho D, Lee L, Ching K, et al. Silent corticotropic adenoma of pituitary gland--a case report. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi (Taipei). 1990;45:196-9 pubmed..The patient was eucorticoid clinically and biochemically. Since silent corticotropic adenoma of the human pituitary gland is rarely encountered clinically, a review of the literature is included in this article. ..
- Chen C, Young Y. Vestibular evoked myogenic potentials in brainstem stroke. Laryngoscope. 2003;113:990-3 pubmed..Hence, in evaluating the extension of brainstem stroke, both caloric and VEMP testing should be performed. ..
- Chen I, Chang Y, Lu Y, Chung K, Huang C, Lu T, et al. Clinical Relevance of Liver Kinase B1(LKB1) Protein and Gene Expression in Breast Cancer. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21374 pubmed publisher..013). Our study results indicate that LKB1 expression is not prognostic in the whole population of breast cancer patients, but it is a potential predictor of OS in the subset of HER2-positive patients. ..
- Shih Y, Kuo C, Yan M, Lin Y, Hsieh C, Hsieh T. Quantitative methylation analysis reveals distinct association between PAX6 methylation and clinical characteristics with different viral infections in hepatocellular carcinoma. Clin Epigenetics. 2016;8:41 pubmed publisher..3 %). Our data suggests that promoter hypermethylation of PAX6 is a common event in HCCs and the association of PAX6 methylation in clinicopathological features is divergent with different viral status. ..
- Cheng N, Yu Y, Tai H, Hsueh P, Chang S, Lai S, et al. Recent trend of necrotizing fasciitis in Taiwan: focus on monomicrobial Klebsiella pneumoniae necrotizing fasciitis. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;55:930-9 pubmed publisher..K. pneumoniae has become a common pathogen of monomicrobial NF in Taiwan. Physicians treating patients with monomicrobial KP-NF should be aware of the risk of concomitant distant abscesses, particularly in cases caused by genotype K1. ..
- Han D, Chang K, Li C, Lin Y, Kao T, Tsai K, et al. Skeletal muscle mass adjusted by height correlated better with muscular functions than that adjusted by body weight in defining sarcopenia. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19457 pubmed publisher..wSMI correlated with grip strength, leg endurance, gait speed, and flexibility. Since hSMI correlated more closely with grip strength and more muscular functions, we recommend hSMI in the diagnosis of low muscle mass. ..
- Teng Y, Hu J, Tsai S, Liew C, Lui P. Efficacy and adverse effects of patient-controlled epidural or intravenous analgesia after major surgery. Chang Gung Med J. 2004;27:877-86 pubmed..It is considered safe to use continuous epidural PCA with fentanyl-bupivacaine in patients receiving major elective surgery. ..
- Chang T, Wu S, Hsiao Y. Medullary thyroid carcinoma: pitfalls in diagnosis by fine needle aspiration cytology and relationship of cytomorphology to RET proto-oncogene mutations. Acta Cytol. 2005;49:477-82 pubmed..FNAC is a good diagnostic method for MTC. Codon 918 mutation correlates mainly with small/round and spindled cells and codon 634 with small/round, large oval to polygonal forms. ..
- Lin S, Chen K, Li M, Cheng W, Wang S. Evidence of octacalcium phosphate and Type-B carbonated apatites deposited on the surface of explanted acrylic hydrogel intraocular lens. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2004;70:203-8 pubmed..Both vibrational microspectroscopic examinations also confirmed the mineralization still in progress on the surface of acrylic hydrogel IOL after ocular implantation for 2 years. ..
- Wahlqvist M, Lee M, Lee J, Hsu C, Chou Y, Fang W, et al. Cinnamon users with prediabetes have a better fasting working memory: a cross-sectional function study. Nutr Res. 2016;36:305-310 pubmed publisher..Cinnamon usage is associated with a better WM, not accounted for by dietary quality or IR, in untreated prediabetes. ..
- Yu M, Yang Y, Yang S, Cheng S, Liaw Y, Lin S, et al. Hormonal markers and hepatitis B virus-related hepatocellular carcinoma risk: a nested case-control study among men. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001;93:1644-51 pubmed..27) and 8.64 (95% CI = 2.75 to 27.14), respectively. No clear associations were found between estradiol or testosterone-to-estradiol ratio and HCC. Pathways involving androgen signaling may affect the risk of HBV-related HCC among men. ..
- Lim S, Chang Y, Lin S. Extracranial Carotid Artery Disease: Risk Factors and Outcomes in Patients With Acute Critical Hemispheric Ischemic Stroke. J Ultrasound Med. 2016;35:341-8 pubmed publisher..Older age is the factor most significantly correlated with a poor outcome, and occlusive carotid disease is the factor most significantly correlated with death. ..
- Lan Y, Hsieh J, Hung P. Ocular biometry in acute and chronic angle-closure glaucoma. Ophthalmologica. 2007;221:388-94 pubmed..In addition to ACD, relative lens size, represented by the lens/axial length factor, and relative lens position appear to play important roles in the development of AAC attack. ..
- Pan M, Wu Y, Yen R, Tzen K, Liao S, Kao C. Different fibrovascularization rate between coralline hydroxyapatite and high density porous polyethylene (Medpore) measured by 99mTc-MDP bone scintigraphy 6 months after intraorbital implantation. Nucl Med Commun. 2003;24:1237-41 pubmed..Our results showed that groups with coralline implants appearing to achieve complete fibrovascularization at a much more rapid rate than those with Medpore. The differences in rate were statistically significant. ..
- Chu C, Yang C, Chiu H. Gemcitabine-induced acute lipodermatosclerosis-like reaction. Acta Derm Venereol. 2001;81:426-8 pubmed..We report one patient with squamous cell carcinoma of the lung who developed a gemcitabine-induced cutaneous reaction mimicking acute lipodermatosclerosis. This case has never been reported in the literature before. ..
- Chao T, Liu C, Liao J, Wang K, Lin Y, Chang S, et al. Use of Oral Anticoagulants for Stroke Prevention in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation Who Have a History of Intracranial Hemorrhage. Circulation. 2016;133:1540-7 pubmed publisher..Whether the use of non-vitamin K antagonist oral anticoagulants could lower the threshold for treatment deserves further study. ..
- Lee M, Hsu C, Wahlqvist M, Tsai H, Chang Y, Huang Y. Type 2 diabetes increases and metformin reduces total, colorectal, liver and pancreatic cancer incidences in Taiwanese: a representative population prospective cohort study of 800,000 individuals. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:20 pubmed publisher..Metformin dosage for a significant decrease in cancer incidence was ? 500 mg/day. Metformin can reduce the incidences of several gastroenterological cancers in treated diabetes. ..
- Chen P, Yen C, Wang W, Lin Y, Chu C, Chiou T, et al. Down-regulation of Notch-1 expression decreases PU.1-mediated myeloid differentiation signaling in acute myeloid leukemia. Int J Oncol. 2008;32:1335-41 pubmed..These results suggest that down-regulation of Notch-1 expression decreases PU.1/MCSFR expression and disrupts the Notch-1/PU.1 complex, which may impede the PU.1-mediated myeloid signaling and contribute to the leukemogenesis of AML. ..
- Chao C, Liu Y, Su S, Yeh H, Chen H, Lee P, et al. Circulating MicroRNA-125b Predicts the Presence and Progression of Uremic Vascular Calcification. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1402-1414 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that serum miR-125b levels are associated with VC severity and serve as a novel predictive marker for the risk of uremia-associated calcification progression. ..
- Liao J, Chao T, Kuo J, Sung K, Tsai J, Lo C, et al. Age, Sex, and Blood Pressure-Related Influences on Reference Values of Left Atrial Deformation and Mechanics From a Large-Scale Asian Population. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..We have also provided age- and sex-stratified reference values for strain and SR based on a large-scale Asian population. ..
- Hsu H, Cheng W, Lai P. Cloning and expression of a developmentally regulated transcript MXR7 in hepatocellular carcinoma: biological significance and temporospatial distribution. Cancer Res. 1997;57:5179-84 pubmed..007) and AFP mRNA expression in HCC (41%; P < 0.004). Thus, MXR7 may serve as a sensitive early tumor marker for HCC and warrants more study to better understand its biological function. ..
- Chen W, Yang C, Chen Y, Yang C, Shau W, Huang J, et al. Ciliary detachment after pars plana vitrectomy: an ultrasound biomicroscopic study. Retina. 2002;22:53-8 pubmed..To determine the incidence, duration, risk factors, and clinical outcomes for ciliary detachment after pars plana vitrectomy (PPV)...
- Tu H, Wu C, Kao S, Liu C, Liu T, Lui M. Functional -1562 C-to-T polymorphism in matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) promoter is associated with the risk for oral squamous cell carcinoma in younger male areca users. J Oral Pathol Med. 2007;36:409-14 pubmed..However, functional MMP-9 -1562 C>T polymorphism is associated with OSCC risk only in younger areca chewers. The impact of aging or areca-related effect on this functional polymorphism should be elucidated. ..
- Chang W, Jan Wu Y, Chung W, Lee Y, Chin S, Chen T, et al. Genetic variants of PPAR-gamma coactivator 1B augment NLRP3-mediated inflammation in gouty arthritis. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2017;56:457-466 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that variants of PPARGC1B , a regulator of metabolism and inflammation, contribute to the pathogenesis of gouty arthritis. ..
- Liu T, Liu S, Chang C, Yang R. Concentration of metal elements in the blood and urine in the patients with cementless total knee arthroplasty. Tohoku J Exp Med. 1998;185:253-62 pubmed..In conclusion, elevated concentration of metal elements may indicate a loosening of prosthesis while the clinical significance of the metal element concentration in the urine needs further investigation...
- Hu Y, Lin C, Wu H, Guo W, Luo C, Wu C, et al. Lateral Sinus Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas: Sinovenous Outflow Restriction Outweighs Cortical Venous Reflux as a Parameter Associated with Hemorrhage. Radiology. 2017;285:528-535 pubmed publisher..SOR may represent a stronger risk factor associated with hemorrhage in patients with lateral sinus DAVFs than does CVR, and thus may offer guidance in therapeutic decision making. Â© RSNA, 2017. ..
- Yuan A, Yu C, Luh K, Kuo S, Lee Y, Yang P. Aberrant p53 expression correlates with expression of vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA and interleukin-8 mRNA and neoangiogenesis in non-small-cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2002;20:900-10 pubmed
- Liao C, Tsauo J, Wu Y, Cheng C, Chen H, Huang Y, et al. Effects of protein supplementation combined with resistance exercise on body composition and physical function in older adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106:1078-1091 pubmed publisher..Clinicians could use nutrition supplement and exercise strategies, especially PS plus RET, to effectively improve the physical activity and health status of all older patients. ..
- Pan C, Tseng T, Lin Y, Chiang M, Lin W, Hsieh S. Cutaneous innervation in Guillain-Barré syndrome: pathology and clinical correlations. Brain. 2003;126:386-97 pubmed..In summary, GBS should be considered a global neuropathy instead of a pure large-fibre neuropathy...
- Kang C, Chang J, Chen T, Chen I, Liao C. Surgical treatment of oral verrucous carcinoma. Chang Gung Med J. 2003;26:807-12 pubmed
- Lin Y, Chen K, Chiu J. Prevalence, patterns, and costs of Chinese medicine use among prostate cancer patients: a population-based study in Taiwan. Integr Cancer Ther. 2010;9:16-23 pubmed publisher..Most prostate cancer patients did not use insurance-covered CM. The majority of CM users also used WM. CM appeared to play a complementary rather than an alternative role. ..
- Lin C, Jeng J, Yip P. Plasmapheresis in acute disseminated encephalomyelitis. J Clin Apher. 2004;19:154-9 pubmed..Additional large, controlled, double-blinded trials are needed to clarify the role of plasmapheresis in ADEM...
- Chen C, Yang K, Chen M, Chen H, Lin M, Lee Y, et al. Decoy receptor 3 levels in peripheral blood predict outcomes of acute respiratory distress syndrome. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;180:751-60 pubmed publisher..High plasma DcR3 levels correlate with development of multiple-organ dysfunction and independently predict the 28-day mortality in patients with ARDS. ..
- Li I, Chen Y, Kuo H. The health status and health promotion behavior of low-income elderly in the Taipei area. J Nurs Res. 2005;13:305-12 pubmed
- Kuo S, Yeh P, Chen L, Wu M, Lin C, Yeh K, et al. Overexpression of B cell-activating factor of TNF family (BAFF) is associated with Helicobacter pylori-independent growth of gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma with histologic evidence of MALT lymphoma. Blood. 2008;112:2927-34 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that autocrine BAFF signal transduction pathways may contribute to HP-independent growth of gastric DLBCL (MALT). ..
- Chang L, Huang N, Chou Y, Lee C, Kao F, Huang Y. Utilization patterns of Chinese medicine and Western medicine under the National Health Insurance Program in Taiwan, a population-based study from 1997 to 2003. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008;8:170 pubmed publisher..4-72.7%). In recent years, there is an increasing trend in the utilization of CM in Taiwan. This increasing trend may be due to the covering of CM in the national health insurance system. ..
- Chung Y, Liao H, Lin K, Lin Y, Chou C, Chen C, et al. Prevalence of spondyloarthritis in 504 Chinese patients with HLA-B27-associated acute anterior uveitis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2009;38:84-90 pubmed publisher..To estimate the prevalence of spondyloarthritis (SpA) and the clinical features of human leucocyte antigen (HLA)-B27-associated acute anterior uveitis (HLA-B27 uveitis) in Chinese patients...
- Chang K, Lee C, Wang S, Hsieh K, Chen K. Tumoricidal activity of interferon-r activated peripheral monocytes in colorectal cancer patients. J Formos Med Assoc. 1991;90:15-23 pubmed..The results suggest that priming of monocytes for tumoricidal function by IFN-r may be involved in the activation of protein kinase C and mobilization of intracellular Ca2+...
- Wang C, Chen C, Hu C, You S, Chu C, Chou M, et al. Seroepidemiology of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I infection in Taiwan. Cancer Res. 1988;48:5042-4 pubmed..Those people with lower educational levels were found to be associated with higher anti-human T-cell lymphotropic virus type I seropositive rates. ..
- Carson W, Tseng Y, Tseng C, Huang P, Wu T. Vectorcardiographic criteria for acute right ventricular infarction. Eur Heart J. 1988;9:955-61 pubmed..Failure to recognize this electrical phenomenon may make the clinician inaccurate when judging the clinical course of acute right ventricular infarction or over-estimate the result of therapeutic intervention...
- Lan C, Lai J, Wong M, Yu M. Cardiorespiratory function, flexibility, and body composition among geriatric Tai Chi Chuan practitioners. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1996;77:612-6 pubmed..It is concluded that TCC training has benefits for health-related fitness, and it may be prescribed as a suitable conditioning exercise for the elderly. ..
- Kao J, Liu C, Chen P, Chen W, Hsiang S, Lai M, et al. Interspousal transmission of GB virus-C/hepatitis G virus: a comparison with hepatitis C virus. J Med Virol. 1997;53:348-53 pubmed
- Schuler M, Wu Y, Hirsh V, O Byrne K, Yamamoto N, Mok T, et al. First-Line Afatinib versus Chemotherapy in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and Common Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Gene Mutations and Brain Metastases. J Thorac Oncol. 2016;11:380-90 pubmed publisher..Safety findings were consistent with previous reports. These findings lend support to the clinical activity of afatinib in EGFR mutation-positive patients with NSCLC and asymptomatic brain metastases. ..
- Fu C, Hsu C, Shih T, Wu M. Monostotic fibrous dysplasia of the thoracic spine with malignant transformation. J Formos Med Assoc. 2004;103:711-4 pubmed..Findings on plain radiographs, isotope bone scan, computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging are discussed and compared with those of the previously reported cases...
- Cheng C, Chen C, Kuo C, Kuo H, Huang K, Shen Y, et al. Dietary choline and folate relationships with serum hepatic inflammatory injury markers in Taiwanese adults. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2017;26:642-649 pubmed publisher..018). The newly established relationships of dietary intake of total choline and folate with normalized hepatic inflammatory markers can guide the development of dietary choline and folate intake recommendations for Taiwanese adults. ..
- Lee Y, Sung F, Lin R, Hsu H, Chien K, Yang C, et al. Peripheral blood cells among community residents living near nuclear power plants. Sci Total Environ. 2001;280:165-72 pubmed..This type of association implies that those who lived closer to the nuclear power installation had a higher blood cell count; we suspect that this could be a type of radiation hormesis. ..
- Lee C, Chi M, Yang S, Lo H, Cheng S. Using financial incentives to improve the care of tuberculosis patients. Am J Manag Care. 2015;21:e35-42 pubmed..Patients in the P4P program were less likely to die, were more likely to be treated successfully, and incurred lower costs. Providing financial incentives to healthcare institutions could be a feasible model for better TB control. ..
- Chen C, Wang S, Liu C, Wu Y, Wang W, Huang J, et al. ?-1,4-Galactosyltransferase III suppresses ?1 integrin-mediated invasive phenotypes and negatively correlates with metastasis in colorectal cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2014;35:1258-66 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that B4GALT3 is negatively associated with CRC metastasis and suppresses cell invasiveness through inhibiting activation of ?1 integrin. ..
- Shu C, Lee L, Wu M, Lee C, Wang J, Wang J, et al. Use of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells-1 in non-tuberculous mycobacterial lung disease. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2011;15:1415-20 pubmed publisher..In patients with respiratory specimens that are culture-positive for NTM with clinical suspicion of NTM-LD, serum sTREM-1 level measurements may be helpful in diagnosing and predicting outcome for NTM-LD. ..
- Jan M, Lai J. The effects of physiotherapy on osteoarthritic knees of females. J Formos Med Assoc. 1991;90:1008-13 pubmed..However, the exercise program in addition to the diathermy did promote the treatment effect in both function and muscle torque. ..
- Yang J, Lin B, Wang J, Chen W, Lin J, Wang T. The role of gastric acid and Helicobacter pylori in the natural course of duodenal ulcer. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 1999;32:155-62 pubmed..Eradication of H. pylori can potentiate ulcer healing under insufficient acid suppression. A causal role for H. pylori in recurrent duodenal ulcer is strongly supported by a much lower recurrence of ulcer in H. pylori free patients. ..
- Shih J, Yang S, Hong T, Yuan A, Chen J, Yu C, et al. Collapsin response mediator protein-1 and the invasion and metastasis of cancer cells. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2001;93:1392-400 pubmed..010), lymph node metastasis (N1, N2, and N3; P =.043), early postoperative relapse (P = .030), and shorter survival (P = .016). CRMP-1 appears to be involved in cancer invasion and metastasis and may be an invasion-suppressor gene. ..
- Liaw Y, Tsai Wu J, Wu C, Hung C, Lee C, Yang P, et al. Variations in the NRAMP1 gene and susceptibility of tuberculosis in Taiwanese. Int J Tuberc Lung Dis. 2002;6:454-60 pubmed..The allele and genotype of NRAMPI polymorphism among Taiwanese differed from those of Caucasians, Africans and Hispanics. No allelic associations were identified between the NRAMP1 alleles and tuberculosis susceptibility. ..
- Huang K, Hsu C, Jeng S, Ting L, Cheng J, Huang W. The application of Aquaplast Thermoplastic as a bolus material in the radiotherapy of a patient with classic Kaposi's sarcoma at the lower extremity. Anticancer Res. 2006;26:759-62 pubmed..Our data suggest that the use of Aquaplast RT Thermoplastic as a bolus material is helpful in delivering adequate dose to skin lesions of the lower extremities. ..