Experts and Doctors on europe in Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
Locale: Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
- Kuntsche E, Simons Morton B, ter Bogt T, Queija I, Tinoco V, Gaspar de Matos M, et al. Electronic media communication with friends from 2002 to 2006 and links to face-to-face contacts in adolescence: an HBSC study in 31 European and North American countries and regions. Int J Public Health. 2009;54 Suppl 2:243-50 pubmed publisher..The results are surprisingly consistent across the 31 countries and suggest that EMC among adolescents facilitate rather than supersede face-to-face peer contacts. ..
- Mazieres J, Barlesi F, Filleron T, Besse B, Monnet I, Beau Faller M, et al. Lung cancer patients with HER2 mutations treated with chemotherapy and HER2-targeted drugs: results from the European EUHER2 cohort. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:281-6 pubmed publisher..This series shows the chemosensitivity of HER2-driven NSCLC, and the potential interest of HER2-targeted agents. Our results should help to define the best therapeutic strategy for these patients and to orient future clinical trials. ..
- Peytremann Bridevaux I, Santos Eggimann B. Health correlates of overweight and obesity in adults aged 50 years and over: results from the Survey of Health, Ageing and Retirement in Europe (SHARE). Obesity and health in Europeans aged > or = 50 years. Swiss Med Wkly. 2008;138:261-6 pubmed publisher..Healthcare stakeholders of the participating countries should be aware of the substantial burden that obesity places on the general health and autonomy of adults aged over 50. ..
- Moschetti K, Petersen S, Pilz G, Kwong R, Wasserfallen J, Lombardi M, et al. Cost-minimization analysis of three decision strategies for cardiac revascularization: results of the "suspected CAD" cohort of the european cardiovascular magnetic resonance registry. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2016;18:3 pubmed publisher..However, in the subgroup of patients with typical angina, cost savings were only minimal to moderate. ..
- Bion C, Beck Henzelin A, Qu Y, Pizzocri G, Bolzoni G, Buffoli E. Analysis of 27 antibiotic residues in raw cow's milk and milk-based products--validation of DelvotestÂ® T. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2016;33:54-9 pubmed publisher..Regarding the reliability of this rapid test to milk-based preparations, additional experiments should be performed on a larger range of compounds and samples to validate the Delvotest T in such matrices. ..
- Wils P, Bouhnik Y, Michetti P, Flourie B, Brixi H, Bourrier A, et al. Subcutaneous Ustekinumab Provides Clinical Benefit for Two-Thirds of Patients With Crohn's Disease Refractory to Anti-Tumor Necrosis Factor Agents. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2016;14:242-50.e1-2 pubmed publisher..While awaiting results from ongoing trials, ustekinumab can be considered for use in these patients. ..
- Kuntsche E, Simons Morton B, Fotiou A, ter Bogt T, Kokkevi A. Decrease in adolescent cannabis use from 2002 to 2006 and links to evenings out with friends in 31 European and North American countries and regions. Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009;163:119-25 pubmed publisher..Future research is needed to learn more about the nature of evenings out with friends and related factors that might explain changes in adolescent cannabis use over time. ..
- Blanquart F, Wymant C, Cornelissen M, Gall A, Bakker M, Bezemer D, et al. Viral genetic variation accounts for a third of variability in HIV-1 set-point viral load in Europe. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001855 pubmed publisher..An overall heritability of 31% (CI 15%-43%) is consistent with other studies based on regression of viral load in donor-recipient pairs. Thus, about a third of variation in HIV-1 virulence is attributable to viral genetic variation. ..
- Knobel D, Zouhair A, Tsang R, Poortmans P, Belkacemi Y, Bolla M, et al. Prognostic factors in solitary plasmacytoma of the bone: a multicenter Rare Cancer Network study. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:118 pubmed..Progression to MM remains the main problem. Further investigation should focus on adjuvant chemotherapy and/or novel therapeutic agents. ..
- Lingscheid T, Kurth F, Clerinx J, Marocco S, Treviño B, Schunk M, et al. Schistosomiasis in European Travelers and Migrants: Analysis of 14 Years TropNet Surveillance Data. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:567-574 pubmed publisher..Posttravel consultations particularly for returning expatriates are useful given the high potential for detecting asymptomatic infections...
- Michaud P, Stronski S, Fonseca H, Macfarlane A. The development and pilot-testing of a training curriculum in adolescent medicine and health. J Adolesc Health. 2004;35:51-7 pubmed..However, it pointed to several aspects (process and content) which will need to be refined in the future, such as an increase in interactive sessions (role playing), and a better mix of clinical and public health issues. ..
- Mudry A. A history of otology through the development of scientific and medical thought. Acta Otorhinolaryngol Belg. 1998;52:257-70 pubmed..Otology will be affected by these different trends of thought and will find its place in medicine during the XIX Century, the XX Century being its most prolific period. ..
- Monod M, Jaccoud S, Zaugg C, Léchenne B, Baudraz F, Panizzon R. Survey of dermatophyte infections in the Lausanne area Switzerland. Dermatology. 2002;205:201-3 pubmed..Our study reveals the importance of T. rubrum and the appreciable frequency of M. canis in the Swiss autochthonous population and the apparition of new species with immigrants. ..
- Parisod C, Besnard G. Glacial in situ survival in the Western Alps and polytopic autopolyploidy in Biscutella laevigata L. (Brassicaceae). Mol Ecol. 2007;16:2755-67 pubmed
- Glardon P. [Natural history in the 16th Century: historiography, methodology, and perspectives]. Gesnerus. 2006;63:280-98 pubmed
- Stiefel F, Barth J, Bensing J, Fallowfield L, Jost L, Razavi D, et al. Communication skills training in oncology: a position paper based on a consensus meeting among European experts in 2009. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:204-7 pubmed publisher..This consensus meeting, on the basis of European expert opinions and a systematic review and meta-analysis, defines key elements for the current provision and future development and evaluation of CST in oncology. ..
- Parisod C, Bonvin G. Fine-scale genetic structure and marginal processes in an expanding population of Biscutella laevigata L. (Brassicaceae). Heredity (Edinb). 2008;101:536-42 pubmed publisher..This type of dynamics could explain the maintenance of genetic diversity during recolonization. ..
- Wynn E, Raetz E, Burckhardt P. The composition of mineral waters sourced from Europe and North America in respect to bone health: composition of mineral water optimal for bone. Br J Nutr. 2009;101:1195-9 pubmed publisher..SO4 theoretically increases Ca excretion, while HCO3 and low PRAL values are associated with positive effects on bone. Therefore, the best waters for bone health are rich in both HCO3 and Ca, and by consequence low in SO4...
- Malvezzi M, Carioli G, Bertuccio P, Rosso T, Boffetta P, Levi F, et al. European cancer mortality predictions for the year 2016 with focus on leukaemias. Ann Oncol. 2016;27:725-31 pubmed publisher..Continuing falls in mortality, larger in children and young adults, are predicted in leukaemias, essentially due to advancements in management and therapy, and their subsequent adoption across Europe. ..
- Kjeldsen S, Stenehjem A, Os I, van de Borne P, Burnier M, Narkiewicz K, et al. Treatment of high blood pressure in elderly and octogenarians: European Society of Hypertension statement on blood pressure targets. Blood Press. 2016;25:333-336 pubmed..6) All hypertensive agents are recommended and can be used in the elderly, although diuretics and calcium antagonists may be preferred in isolated systolic hypertension. ..
- Costa A, Bak T, Caffarra P, Caltagirone C, Ceccaldi M, Collette F, et al. The need for harmonisation and innovation of neuropsychological assessment in neurodegenerative dementias in Europe: consensus document of the Joint Program for Neurodegenerative Diseases Working Group. Alzheimers Res Ther. 2017;9:27 pubmed publisher..The results of this study should be considered as a first step to enhancing a common view and practise on NDD assessment across European countries. ..
- Zografos L, Othenin Girard C, Desjardins L, Schalenbourg A, Chamot L, Uffer S. Melanocytomas of the optic disk. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;138:964-9 pubmed..To evaluate the various forms of clinical presentation, the potential of growth, the risk of functional loss and the possibility of malignant transformation of optic disk melanocytomas in European patients...
- Tillmann T, Vaucher J, Okbay A, Pikhart H, Peasey A, Kubinova R, et al. Education and coronary heart disease: mendelian randomisation study. BMJ. 2017;358:j3542 pubmed publisher..Potential mechanisms could include smoking, body mass index, and blood lipids. In conjunction with the results from studies with other designs, these findings suggest that increasing education may result in substantial health benefits. ..