Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Zurich, Switzerland
Locale: Zurich, Switzerland
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Tweedie Cullen R, Brunner A, Grossmann J, Mohanna S, Sichau D, Nanni P, et al. Identification of combinatorial patterns of post-translational modifications on individual histones in the mouse brain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36980 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present data newly identify a specific histone code in the mouse brain and reveal its level of complexity, suggesting its potential relevance for higher-order brain functions. ..
- Dätwyler D, Magyar J, Weikert C, Wightman L, Wagner E, Eppenberger H. Reactivation of the mitosis-promoting factor in postmitotic cardiomyocytes. Cells Tissues Organs. 2003;175:61-71 pubmed..This will be of importance to design novel strategies to overcome the proliferation arrest in adult cardiomyocytes. ..
- Shi Y, Cosentino F, Camici G, Akhmedov A, Vanhoutte P, Tanner F, et al. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein activates p66Shc via lectin-like oxidized low-density lipoprotein receptor-1, protein kinase C-beta, and c-Jun N-terminal kinase kinase in human endothelial cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:2090-7 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data set the stage for the design of novel therapeutic tools to retard atherogenesis through the inhibition of p66(Shc). ..
- Stergiou L, Bauer M, Mair W, Bausch Fluck D, Drayman N, Wollscheid B, et al. Integrin-mediated signaling induced by simian virus 40 leads to transient uncoupling of cortical actin and the plasma membrane. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55799 pubmed publisher..Our results provide functional evidence for a mechanism by which SV40 activates signal transduction in human epithelial cells via integrins in the context of clathrin-independent endocytosis. ..
- Amstutz R, Wachtel M, Troxler H, Kleinert P, Ebauer M, Haneke T, et al. Phosphorylation regulates transcriptional activity of PAX3/FKHR and reveals novel therapeutic possibilities. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3767-76 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that posttranscriptional modifications of oncogenic transcription factors can be explored as a promising avenue for targeted cancer therapy. ..
- Henrichs S, Wang B, Fukao Y, Zhu J, Charrier L, Bailly A, et al. Regulation of ABCB1/PGP1-catalysed auxin transport by linker phosphorylation. EMBO J. 2012;31:2965-80 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide evidence that PID phosphorylation has a dual, counter-active impact on ABCB1 activity that is coordinated by TWD1-PID interaction...
- Engelhardt S, Al Ahmad A, Gassmann M, Ogunshola O. Hypoxia selectively disrupts brain microvascular endothelial tight junction complexes through a hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) dependent mechanism. J Cell Physiol. 2014;229:1096-105 pubmed publisher..Overall our data suggests that activation of HIF-1-mediated signaling disrupts TJ resulting in increased BBB permeability. ..
- Iwata T, Kraev A, Guerini D, Carafoli E. A new splicing variant in the frog heart sarcolemmal Na-Ca exchanger creates a putative ATP-binding site. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 1996;779:37-45 pubmed
- Kilic U, Kilic E, Reiter R, Bassetti C, Hermann D. Signal transduction pathways involved in melatonin-induced neuroprotection after focal cerebral ischemia in mice. J Pineal Res. 2005;38:67-71 pubmed..Our data suggest a role of phosphatidyl inositol-3 kinase/Akt signaling in acute melatonin-induced neuroprotection, while ERK-1/-2 and/or JNK-1/-2 rather appear to be involved in melatonin's long-term effects. ..
- Guerini D, Schroder S, Foletti D, Carafoli E. Isolation and characterization of a stable Chinese hamster ovary cell line overexpressing the plasma membrane Ca(2+)-ATPase. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:14643-50 pubmed..The cells overexpressing the PMCA pump had delayed recovery after trypsinization and plating. Their doubling time was, however, the same as CHO cells. ..
- Kins S, Crameri A, Evans D, Hemmings B, Nitsch R, Gotz J. Reduced protein phosphatase 2A activity induces hyperphosphorylation and altered compartmentalization of tau in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38193-200 pubmed..Our results also show that reduced PP2A activity is associated with altered compartmentalization and ubiquitination of tau, resembling a key pathological finding in AD. ..
- Boonyarattanakalin S, Liu X, Michieletti M, Lepenies B, Seeberger P. Chemical synthesis of all phosphatidylinositol mannoside (PIM) glycans from Mycobacterium tuberculosis. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:16791-9 pubmed publisher..Synthetic PIMs served as immune stimulators during immunization experiments in C57BL/6 mice when coupled to the model antigen keyhole-limpet hemocyanin (KLH). ..
- Malka Gibor E, Kornreich M, Laser Azogui A, Doron O, Zingerman Koladko I, Harapin J, et al. Phosphorylation-Induced Mechanical Regulation ofÂ Intrinsically Disordered Neurofilament Proteins. Biophys J. 2017;112:892-900 pubmed publisher..Using a model that explains the attractive electrostatic interactions induced by enzymatically added charges, we demonstrate that phosphorylation regulation is far richer and versatile than previously considered. ..
- Déliot N, Hernando N, Horst Liu Z, Gisler S, Capuano P, Wagner C, et al. Parathyroid hormone treatment induces dissociation of type IIa Na+-P(i) cotransporter-Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor-1 complexes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;289:C159-67 pubmed..Furthermore, PTH weakens this interaction as evidenced by different in situ and in vivo behavior. The PTH effect takes place in the presence of increased phosphorylation of NHERF1. ..
- Klingauf M, Beck M, Berge U, Turgay Y, Heinzer S, Horvath P, et al. The tumour suppressor DiRas3 interacts with C-RAF and downregulates MEK activity to restrict cell migration. Biol Cell. 2013;105:91-107 pubmed publisher..This effect is relatively small, but it is also persistent, suggesting that it contributes to the maintenance of the non-migratory phenotype of non-cancerous tissues, in which DiRas3 is expressed. ..
- Kummer L, Hsu C, Dagliyan O, Macnevin C, Kaufholz M, Zimmermann B, et al. Knowledge-based design of a biosensor to quantify localized ERK activation in living cells. Chem Biol. 2013;20:847-56 pubmed publisher..The DARPin-based biosensor will serve as a useful tool for studying biological functions of ERK in vitro and in vivo. ..
- El Shemerly M, Janscak P, Hess D, Jiricny J, Ferrari S. Degradation of human exonuclease 1b upon DNA synthesis inhibition. Cancer Res. 2005;65:3604-9 pubmed..Our data support the evidence that control of exonuclease 1 activity may be critical for the maintenance of stalled replication forks. ..
- Iotzova Weiss G, Dziunycz P, Freiberger S, LÃ¤uchli S, Hafner J, Vogl T, et al. S100A8/A9 stimulates keratinocyte proliferation in the development of squamous cell carcinoma of the skin via the receptor for advanced glycation-end products. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0120971 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that RAGE and S100A8/A9 contribute to the development of human SCC by modulating keratinocyte growth and migration. These processes do not seem to be impaired by profound drug-mediated immunosuppression in OTR. ..
- Borner T, Pinkernell S, Lutz T, Riediger T. Lipopolysaccharide inhibits ghrelin-excited neurons of the arcuate nucleus and reduces food intake via central nitric oxide signaling. Brain Behav Immun. 2012;26:867-79 pubmed publisher..A pharmacological blockade of NO formation might be a therapeutic approach to ameliorate disease-related anorexia. ..
- Kummer L, Parizek P, Rube P, Millgramm B, Prinz A, Mittl P, et al. Structural and functional analysis of phosphorylation-specific binders of the kinase ERK from designed ankyrin repeat protein libraries. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2248-57 pubmed publisher..This strategy of creating activation-state-specific sensors and kinase-specific inhibitors may add to the repertoire to investigate intracellular signaling in real time. ..
- Shi Y, Felley Bosco E, Marti T, Orlowski K, Pruschy M, Stahel R. Starvation-induced activation of ATM/Chk2/p53 signaling sensitizes cancer cells to cisplatin. BMC Cancer. 2012;12:571 pubmed publisher..The combination of CDDP treatment with short term food starvation improved outcome in vivo. Therefore, starvation has the potential to enhance the therapeutic index of cisplatin-based therapy. ..
- Polontchouk L, Valiunas V, Haefliger J, Eppenberger H, Weingart R. Expression and regulation of connexins in cultured ventricular myocytes isolated from adult rat hearts. Pflugers Arch. 2002;443:676-89 pubmed..However, the presence of heteromeric channels cannot be excluded. The data are consistent with an up-regulation of Cx45 and Cx43 during re-differentiation. ..
- Djouder N, Tuerk R, Suter M, Salvioni P, Thali R, Scholz R, et al. PKA phosphorylates and inactivates AMPKalpha to promote efficient lipolysis. EMBO J. 2010;29:469-81 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a new mechanism of negative regulation of AMPK activity by PKA that is important for converting a lipolytic signal into an effective lipolytic response. ..
- Campagne S, Damberger F, Kaczmarczyk A, Francez Charlot A, Allain F, Vorholt J. Structural basis for sigma factor mimicry in the general stress response of Alphaproteobacteria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E1405-14 pubmed publisher..Finally, by reconstituting the partner switch in vitro, we demonstrate that the difference in affinity of NepR for its partners is sufficient for the switch to occur...
- Soldati T, Schafer B, Perriard J. Alternative ribosomal initiation gives rise to chicken brain-type creatine kinase isoproteins with heterogeneous amino termini. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:4498-506 pubmed..We propose that a leucine codon may be used as a translational start site. Evidence is presented to support the role of these amino-terminal truncated subunits in the regulation of the enzyme. ..
- Joly S, Lange C, Thiersch M, Samardzija M, Grimm C. Leukemia inhibitory factor extends the lifespan of injured photoreceptors in vivo. J Neurosci. 2008;28:13765-74 pubmed publisher..Our data establish LIF as a Muller cell derived neuronal survival factor which controls an intrinsic protective mechanism that includes Edn2 signaling to support photoreceptor cell survival and to preserve vision in the injured retina. ..
- Di Marco S, Hasanova Z, Kanagaraj R, Chappidi N, Altmannova V, Menon S, et al. RECQ5 Helicase Cooperates with MUS81 Endonuclease in Processing Stalled Replication Forks at Common Fragile Sites during Mitosis. Mol Cell. 2017;66:658-671.e8 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that RECQ5 removes RAD51 filaments stabilizing stalled replication forks at CFSs and hence facilitates CFS cleavage by MUS81-EME1. ..
- Joset A, Dodd D, Halegoua S, Schwab M. Pincher-generated Nogo-A endosomes mediate growth cone collapse and retrograde signaling. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:271-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, Pincher-dependent macroendocytosis leads to the formation of Nogo-A signaling endosomes, which act both within growth cones and after retrograde transport in the cell body to negatively regulate the neuronal growth program. ..
- Erb T, Kiefer P, Hattendorf B, Gunther D, Vorholt J. GFAJ-1 is an arsenate-resistant, phosphate-dependent organism. Science. 2012;337:467-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that GFAJ-1 is an arsenate-resistant, but still a phosphate-dependent, bacterium. ..
- Stenner F, Liewen H, Göttig S, Henschler R, Markuly N, Kleber S, et al. RP1 is a phosphorylation target of CK2 and is involved in cell adhesion. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67595 pubmed publisher..In summary, RP1 phosphorylation at Ser(236) by CK2 seems to play a significant role in cell adhesion and might initiate new insights in the CK2 and EB1 family protein association. ..
- Hall H, Hubbell J. Matrix-bound sixth Ig-like domain of cell adhesion molecule L1 acts as an angiogenic factor by ligating alphavbeta3-integrin and activating VEGF-R2. Microvasc Res. 2004;68:169-78 pubmed
- Radziwill G, Weiss A, Heinrich J, Baumgartner M, Boisguerin P, Owada K, et al. Regulation of c-Src by binding to the PDZ domain of AF-6. EMBO J. 2007;26:2633-44 pubmed..c-Src is recruited by AF-6 to cell-cell contact sites, suggesting that c-Src is regulated by a PDZ protein in special cellular locations. We identified a novel type of c-Src regulation by interaction with a PDZ protein. ..
- Kötting O, Santelia D, Edner C, Eicke S, Marthaler T, Gentry M, et al. STARCH-EXCESS4 is a laforin-like Phosphoglucan phosphatase required for starch degradation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Cell. 2009;21:334-46 pubmed publisher..We propose that glucan phosphorylating enzymes and phosphoglucan phosphatases work in synergy with glucan hydrolases to mediate efficient starch catabolism. ..
- Scholz R, Sidler C, Thali R, Winssinger N, Cheung P, Neumann D. Autoactivation of transforming growth factor beta-activated kinase 1 is a sequential bimolecular process. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25753-66 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present a model for the chronological order of events governing TAB1-induced TAK1 autoactivation. ..
- Bodenmiller B, Wanka S, Kraft C, Urban J, Campbell D, Pedrioli P, et al. Phosphoproteomic analysis reveals interconnected system-wide responses to perturbations of kinases and phosphatases in yeast. Sci Signal. 2010;3:rs4 pubmed publisher..Our results serve to constrain future models of cellular signaling and reinforce the idea that simple linear representations of signaling pathways might be insufficient for drug development and for describing organismal homeostasis. ..
- Willmann R, Pun S, Stallmach L, Sadasivam G, Santos A, Caroni P, et al. Cholesterol and lipid microdomains stabilize the postsynapse at the neuromuscular junction. EMBO J. 2006;25:4050-60 pubmed
- Bodenmiller B, Aebersold R. Phosphoproteome resource for systems biology research. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;694:307-22 pubmed publisher..The following will give an overview of the content and usage of the PhosphoPep database. ..
- Kaczmarczyk A, Campagne S, Danza F, Metzger L, Vorholt J, Francez Charlot A. Role of Sphingomonas sp. strain Fr1 PhyR-NepR-?EcfG cascade in general stress response and identification of a negative regulator of PhyR. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:6629-38 pubmed publisher..Together with the fact that PhyP lacks an obvious ATPase domain, these results are in agreement with PhyP functioning as a phosphatase of PhyR, rather than a kinase. ..
- Oliveira A, Ludwig C, Picotti P, Kogadeeva M, Aebersold R, Sauer U. Regulation of yeast central metabolism by enzyme phosphorylation. Mol Syst Biol. 2012;8:623 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate the role of phosphorylation in controlling the metabolic flux realised by these three enzymes. ..
- Papinski D, Schuschnig M, Reiter W, Wilhelm L, Barnes C, Maiolica A, et al. Early steps in autophagy depend on direct phosphorylation of Atg9 by the Atg1 kinase. Mol Cell. 2014;53:471-83 pubmed publisher..These findings show that the Atg1 kinase acts early in autophagy by regulating the outgrowth of autophagosomal membranes...
- Quadroni M, James P, Carafoli E. Isolation of phosphorylated calmodulin from rat liver and identification of the in vivo phosphorylation sites. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16116-22 pubmed..e. reduced activation of the erythrocyte plasma membrane Ca2+ pump. ..
- Thoma C, Frew I, Hoerner C, Montani M, Moch H, Krek W. pVHL and GSK3beta are components of a primary cilium-maintenance signalling network. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:588-95 pubmed..We propose that pVHL and GSK3beta function together in a ciliary-maintenance signalling network, disruption of which enhances the vulnerability of cells to lose their cilia, thereby promoting cyst formation. ..
- Reiland S, Messerli G, Baerenfaller K, Gerrits B, Endler A, Grossmann J, et al. Large-scale Arabidopsis phosphoproteome profiling reveals novel chloroplast kinase substrates and phosphorylation networks. Plant Physiol. 2009;150:889-903 pubmed publisher..We propose that ATP synthase is regulated in cooperation with 14-3-3 proteins by CKII-mediated phosphorylation of ATP synthase beta-subunit in the dark. ..
- Lengefeld J, Hotz M, Rollins M, Baetz K, Barral Y. Budding yeast Wee1 distinguishes spindle pole bodies to guide their pattern of age-dependent segregation. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:941-951 pubmed publisher..Thus, coordination of SPIN activity and SPB assembly encodes age onto SPBs to enable their age-dependent segregation. ..
- Kilic E, Kilic U, Soliz J, Bassetti C, Gassmann M, Hermann D. Brain-derived erythropoietin protects from focal cerebral ischemia by dual activation of ERK-1/-2 and Akt pathways. FASEB J. 2005;19:2026-8 pubmed..On the basis of our data, the dual activation of ERK-1/-2 and Akt is crucial for Epo's neuroprotective activity. ..
- Baumgärtel K, Genoux D, Welzl H, Tweedie Cullen R, Koshibu K, Livingstone Zatchej M, et al. Control of the establishment of aversive memory by calcineurin and Zif268. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:572-8 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings reveal a previously unknown mechanism for the control of emotional memory that depends on CaN and Zif268. ..
- Rieck B, Degiacomi G, Zimmermann M, Cascioferro A, Boldrin F, Lazar Adler N, et al. PknG senses amino acid availability to control metabolism and virulence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006399 pubmed publisher..This function in amino acid homeostasis is conserved amongst the Actinobacteria and provides an example of the close relationship between metabolism and virulence. ..
- Dobbelaere J, Gentry M, Hallberg R, Barral Y. Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of septin dynamics during the cell cycle. Dev Cell. 2003;4:345-57 pubmed..Together our results implicate septins in a late step of cytokinesis and indicate that proper regulation of septin dynamics, possibly through the control of their phosphorylation state, is required for the completion of cytokinesis. ..
- Krampert M, Bloch W, Sasaki T, Bugnon P, Rülicke T, Wolf E, et al. Activities of the matrix metalloproteinase stromelysin-2 (MMP-10) in matrix degradation and keratinocyte organization in wounded skin. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:5242-54 pubmed..These results suggest that a tightly regulated expression level of stromelysin-2 is required for limited matrix degradation at the wound site, thereby controlling keratinocyte migration. ..
- Eckhardt K, Troger J, Reissmann J, Katschinski D, Wagner K, Stengel P, et al. Male germ cell expression of the PAS domain kinase PASKIN and its novel target eukaryotic translation elongation factor eEF1A1. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2007;20:227-40 pubmed..The two proteins also showed a remarkably similar localization in the midpiece of the sperm tail. These data suggest regulation of eEF1A1 by PASKIN-dependent phosphorylation in somatic as well as in sperm cells. ..
- Pflieger D, Jünger M, Muller M, Rinner O, Lee H, Gehrig P, et al. Quantitative proteomic analysis of protein complexes: concurrent identification of interactors and their state of phosphorylation. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2008;7:326-46 pubmed
- Osto E, Kouroedov A, Mocharla P, Akhmedov A, Besler C, Rohrer L, et al. Inhibition of protein kinase Cbeta prevents foam cell formation by reducing scavenger receptor A expression in human macrophages. Circulation. 2008;118:2174-82 pubmed publisher..Nonspecific inhibition of PKCbeta prevents LDL uptake in macrophages. These findings suggest that PKCbeta inhibitors may represent a novel class of antiatherosclerotic drugs. ..
- Striebel F, Imkamp F, Sutter M, Steiner M, Mamedov A, Weber Ban E. Bacterial ubiquitin-like modifier Pup is deamidated and conjugated to substrates by distinct but homologous enzymes. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:647-51 pubmed publisher..By combining these enzymes, we have reconstituted the complete bacterial ubiquitin-like modification pathway in vitro, consisting of deamidation and ligation steps catalyzed by Pup deamidase (Dop) and Pup ligase (PafA). ..
- Toller I, Neelsen K, Steger M, Hartung M, Hottiger M, Stucki M, et al. Carcinogenic bacterial pathogen Helicobacter pylori triggers DNA double-strand breaks and a DNA damage response in its host cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14944-9 pubmed publisher..pylori and with its mutagenic properties in vitro and in vivo and may contribute to the genetic instability and frequent chromosomal aberrations that are a hallmark of gastric cancer. ..
- Beck J, Maerki S, Posch M, Metzger T, Persaud A, Scheel H, et al. Ubiquitylation-dependent localization of PLK1 in mitosis. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:430-9 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that CUL3-KLHL22-mediated ubiquitylation signals degradation-independent removal of PLK1 from kinetochores and SAC satisfaction, which are required for faithful mitosis. ..
- James P, Pruschy M, Vorherr T, Penniston J, Carafoli E. Primary structure of the cAMP-dependent phosphorylation site of the plasma membrane calcium pump. Biochemistry. 1989;28:4253-8 pubmed..The effect of the phosphorylation is to decrease the Km for Ca2+ of the purified ATPase from about 10 microM to about 1.4 microM and to increase the Vmax of ATP hydrolysis about 2-fold. ..
- Schild A, Ittner L, Götz J. Altered phosphorylation of cytoskeletal proteins in mutant protein phosphatase 2A transgenic mice. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;343:1171-8 pubmed..This was associated with an increased phosphorylation of tau in brain and an impaired dephosphorylation of vimentin demonstrating that both cytoskeletal proteins are in vivo substrates of distinct PP2A holoenzyme complexes...
- Knaus M, Pelli Gulli M, van Drogen F, Springer S, Jaquenoud M, Peter M. Phosphorylation of Bem2p and Bem3p may contribute to local activation of Cdc42p at bud emergence. EMBO J. 2007;26:4501-13 pubmed
- Pereira J, Benninger Y, Baumann R, Gonçalves A, Ozcelik M, Thurnherr T, et al. Integrin-linked kinase is required for radial sorting of axons and Schwann cell remyelination in the peripheral nervous system. J Cell Biol. 2009;185:147-61 pubmed publisher..ILK also facilitates axon remyelination, likely by promoting the activation of downstream molecules such as AKT/protein kinase B. ..
- Stucki M. Histone H2A.X Tyr142 phosphorylation: a novel sWItCH for apoptosis?. DNA Repair (Amst). 2009;8:873-6 pubmed publisher..Thus, the balance of H2A.X Tyr142 phosphorylation/dephosphorylation may constitute a novel switch mechanism to determine cell fate after DNA damage. ..
- Caudron F, Denarier E, Thibout Quintana J, Brocard J, Andrieux A, Fourest Lieuvin A. Mutation of Ser172 in yeast ? tubulin induces defects in microtubule dynamics and cell division. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13553 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Mad2p-dependent spindle checkpoint, both mutations are deleterious. These findings show the importance of Ser172 for the correct function of both cytoplasmic and spindle MTs and for normal cell division. ..
- Hasgall P, Hoogewijs D, Faza M, Panse V, Wenger R, Camenisch G. The putative RNA helicase HELZ promotes cell proliferation, translation initiation and ribosomal protein S6 phosphorylation. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22107 pubmed publisher..Importantly, downregulation of HELZ reduced translational initiation, resulting in the disassembly of polysomes, in a reduction of cell proliferation and hypophosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6. ..
- Mayank P, Grossman J, Wuest S, Boisson Dernier A, Roschitzki B, Nanni P, et al. Characterization of the phosphoproteome of mature Arabidopsis pollen. Plant J. 2012;72:89-101 pubmed publisher..This study provides a solid basis to further explore the role of phosphorylation during pollen development. ..
- Sorensen M, Grossmann S, Roesinger M, Gresko N, Todkar A, Barmettler G, et al. Rapid dephosphorylation of the renal sodium chloride cotransporter in response to oral potassium intake in mice. Kidney Int. 2013;83:811-24 pubmed publisher..This may improve renal potassium excretion by increasing the amount of intraluminal sodium that can be exchanged against potassium in the aldo-sensitive distal nephron. ..
- Zhang Z, Meszaros G, He W, Xu Y, de Fatima Magliarelli H, Mailly L, et al. Protein kinase D at the Golgi controls NLRP3 inflammasome activation. J Exp Med. 2017;214:2671-2693 pubmed publisher..Hence, Golgi-mediated PKD signaling is required and sufficient for NLRP3 inflammasome activation. ..
- Hall H, Djonov V, Ehrbar M, Hoechli M, Hubbell J. Heterophilic interactions between cell adhesion molecule L1 and alphavbeta3-integrin induce HUVEC process extension in vitro and angiogenesis in vivo. Angiogenesis. 2004;7:213-23 pubmed..The results demonstrate angiogenic potential of L1Ig6 involving ligation and activation of alpha(v)beta3. ..
- Wurdak H, Ittner L, Lang K, Leveen P, Suter U, Fischer J, et al. Inactivation of TGFbeta signaling in neural crest stem cells leads to multiple defects reminiscent of DiGeorge syndrome. Genes Dev. 2005;19:530-5 pubmed..Thus, TGFbeta signal modulation in neural crest differentiation might play a crucial role in the etiology of DiGeorge syndrome. ..
- Weber C, Cai H, Ehrbar M, Kubota H, Martiny Baron G, Weber W, et al. Effects of protein and gene transfer of the angiopoietin-1 fibrinogen-like receptor-binding domain on endothelial and vessel organization. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:22445-53 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that the isolated receptor-binding domain of Ang1 is capable of mediating some effects of full-length Ang1 independently of Tie2 phosphorylation, possibly through integrin ligation. ..
- Pennanen L, Götz J. Different tau epitopes define Abeta42-mediated tau insolubility. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;337:1097-101 pubmed..We found that the Abeta(42)-mediated decrease in tau solubility depends on the interplay of distinct phospho-epitopes of tau and not only on phosphorylation of the S422 epitope. ..
- Fritzius T, Moelling K. Akt- and Foxo1-interacting WD-repeat-FYVE protein promotes adipogenesis. EMBO J. 2008;27:1399-410 pubmed publisher..Thus, ProF modulates Foxo1 phosphorylation by Akt, promoting adipocyte differentiation. Furthermore, ProF might be involved in metabolic disorders such as diabetes. ..
- Spycher C, Miller E, Townsend K, Pavic L, Morrice N, Janscak P, et al. Constitutive phosphorylation of MDC1 physically links the MRE11-RAD50-NBS1 complex to damaged chromatin. J Cell Biol. 2008;181:227-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data reveal the mechanism by which MDC1 physically couples the MRN complex to damaged chromatin...
- Frew I, Thoma C, Georgiev S, Minola A, Hitz M, Montani M, et al. pVHL and PTEN tumour suppressor proteins cooperatively suppress kidney cyst formation. EMBO J. 2008;27:1747-57 pubmed publisher..Our results support a model in which the PTEN tumour suppressor protein cooperates with pVHL to suppress cyst development in the kidney. ..
- Leisner C, Kammerer D, Denoth A, Britschi M, Barral Y, Liakopoulos D. Regulation of mitotic spindle asymmetry by SUMO and the spindle-assembly checkpoint in yeast. Curr Biol. 2008;18:1249-55 pubmed publisher..Hence, the two seemingly independent spindle domains, kinetochores and astral microtubules, function in a tightly coordinated fashion. ..
- Wippich F, Bodenmiller B, Trajkovska M, Wanka S, Aebersold R, Pelkmans L. Dual specificity kinase DYRK3 couples stress granule condensation/dissolution to mTORC1 signaling. Cell. 2013;152:791-805 pubmed publisher..This mechanism links cytoplasmic compartmentalization via liquid phase transitions with cellular signaling...
- Valtcheva N, Primorac A, Jurisic G, Hollmen M, Detmar M. The orphan adhesion G protein-coupled receptor GPR97 regulates migration of lymphatic endothelial cells via the small GTPases RhoA and Cdc42. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:35736-48 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a possible role of GPR97 in lymphatic remodeling and furthermore provide the first insights into the biological functions of GPR97. ..
- Hilfiker H, Guerini D, Carafoli E. Cloning and expression of isoform 2 of the human plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase. Functional properties of the enzyme and its splicing products. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26178-83 pubmed..The response of the two pump types to activating acidic phospholipids was the same. ..
- Meyer M, Dimroth P, Bott M. In vitro binding of the response regulator CitB and of its carboxy-terminal domain to A + T-rich DNA target sequences in the control region of the divergent citC and citS operons of Klebsiella pneumoniae. J Mol Biol. 1997;269:719-31 pubmed..The positions of the binding sites for CitB and of putative recognition sequences for the cAMP receptor protein suggested a model for the interaction of these activators with RNA polymerase. ..
- Stöckli J, Honing S, Rohrer J. The acidic cluster of the CK2 site of the cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate receptor (CD-MPR) but not its phosphorylation is required for GGA1 and AP-1 binding. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:23542-9 pubmed..4-fold higher than that of AP-1. This could regulate the binding of the two proteins to the partly overlapping sorting signals, allowing AP-1 binding to the CD-MPR only when GGA1 is released upon autoinhibition by phosphorylation. ..
- Weiss A, Baumgartner M, Radziwill G, Dennler J, Moelling K. c-Src is a PDZ interaction partner and substrate of the E3 ubiquitin ligase Ligand-of-Numb protein X1. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:5131-6 pubmed..Furthermore, we show that c-Src phosphorylates LNX1. Moreover, c-Src itself is ubiquitinated by LNX1, suggesting an interdependent regulation of c-Src and LNX1. ..
- Domon B, Bodenmiller B, Carapito C, Hao Z, Huehmer A, Aebersold R. Electron transfer dissociation in conjunction with collision activation to investigate the Drosophila melanogaster phosphoproteome. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:2633-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, we have applied a directed tandem mass spectrometric workflow using inclusion lists to increase the number of identified peptides. ..
- Seisenbacher G, Hafen E, Stocker H. MK2-dependent p38b signalling protects Drosophila hindgut enterocytes against JNK-induced apoptosis under chronic stress. PLoS Genet. 2011;7:e1002168 pubmed publisher..Thus, the p38/MK2 complex ensures homeostasis of the hindgut epithelium by counteracting JNK-mediated apoptosis of the enterocytes upon chronic stress. ..