Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Bern, Switzerland
Locale: Bern, Switzerland
Publications740 found, 100 shown here
- Keel M, Ecker T, Cullmann J, Bergmann M, Bonel H, Büchler L, et al. The Pararectus approach for anterior intrapelvic management of acetabular fractures: an anatomical study and clinical evaluation. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2012;94:405-11 pubmed publisher..In the treatment of acetabular fractures predominantly involving the anterior column and the quadrilateral plate, the Pararectus approach allowed anatomical restoration with minimal morbidity related to the surgical access. ..
- da Costa B, Rutjes A, Mendy A, Freund Heritage R, Vieira E. Can falls risk prediction tools correctly identify fall-prone elderly rehabilitation inpatients? A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41061 pubmed publisher..The limited number of identified studies with major methodological limitations impairs sound conclusions on the usefulness of falls risk prediction tools in geriatric rehabilitation hospitals. ..
- Pasch A, Farese S, Gräber S, Wald J, Richtering W, Floege J, et al. Nanoparticle-based test measures overall propensity for calcification in serum. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2012;23:1744-52 pubmed..In summary, we developed a nanoparticle-based test that measures the overall propensity for calcification in serum. The clinical use of the test requires evaluation in a prospective study. ..
- da Costa B, Nüesch E, Reichenbach S, Juni P, Rutjes A. Doxycycline for osteoarthritis of the knee or hip. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;11:CD007323 pubmed publisher..The CIs of the summary estimates now exclude any clinically relevant difference in improvement of symptoms and the small benefit in terms of joint space narrowing does not outweigh the harms. ..
- Seiler R, Studer U, Tschan K, Bader P, Burkhard F. Removal of limited nodal disease in patients undergoing radical prostatectomy: long-term results confirm a chance for cure. J Urol. 2014;191:1280-5 pubmed publisher..Patients with 1 positive node have a good (75%) 10-year cancer specific survival probability and a 20% chance of remaining biochemical relapse-free even without immediate adjuvant therapy. ..
- Bausch B, Schiavi F, Ni Y, Welander J, Patocs A, Ngeow J, et al. Clinical Characterization of the Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma Susceptibility Genes SDHA, TMEM127, MAX, and SDHAF2 for Gene-Informed Prevention. JAMA Oncol. 2017;3:1204-1212 pubmed publisher..Genetic testing is recommended in patients at clinically high risk if the classic genes are mutation negative. Gene-specific prevention and/or early detection requires regular, systematic whole-body investigation. ..
- Moscarella E, Spitaleri G, Brugaletta S, Sentí Farrarons S, Pernigotti A, Ortega Paz L, et al. Impact of Body Mass Index on 5-Year Clinical Outcomes in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction After Everolimus-Eluting or Bare-Metal Stent Implantation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1460-1466 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in patients with STEMI who underwent primary PCI, the long-term all-cause death rate decreased as BMI increased, confirming the obesity paradox, irrespective of the stent type. ..
- Tschan M, Shan D, Laedrach J, Eyholzer M, Leibundgut E, Baerlocher G, et al. NDRG1/2 expression is inhibited in primary acute myeloid leukemia. Leuk Res. 2010;34:393-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we found an association of low NDRG1 levels with an immature cell phenotype and provide evidence that NDRG1 is functionally involved in neutrophil maturation. ..
- Raabe A, Seidel K. Prevention of ischemic complications during aneurysm surgery. J Neurosurg Sci. 2016;60:95-103 pubmed
- Kallweit U, Bassetti C. Pharmacological management of narcolepsy with and without cataplexy. Expert Opin Pharmacother. 2017;18:809-817 pubmed publisher..New symptomatic and causal treatment most probably will be completed by hypocretin-replacement and immune-modifying strategies. ..
- Hochmeister M, Budowle B, Baechtel F. Effects of presumptive test reagents on the ability to obtain restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) patterns from human blood and semen stains. J Forensic Sci. 1991;36:656-61 pubmed..However, stains exposed to benzidine dissolved in glacial acetic acid, leucomalachite green, and o-tolidine failed to yield high-molecular-weight DNA or to produce any RFLP patterns. ..
- Schenker T, Trueb B. BSPRY, a novel protein of the Ro-Ret family. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2000;1493:255-8 pubmed..It comprises six exons and five introns and possesses a GC rich promoter forming a typical CpG island. The function of BSPRY is not known, but several related proteins of the RBCC family have been implicated in cell transformation. ..
- Kalbermatten N, Vock P, Rufenacht D, Anderson S. Progressive melorheostosis in the peripheral and axial skeleton with associated vascular malformations: imaging findings over three decades. Skeletal Radiol. 2001;30:48-52 pubmed..Lymphangiectasia of the mesentery and thorax led to chylothorax resistant to therapy for which the patient underwent a pleuropericardiectomy. Death ensued due to respiratory failure...
- Varol C, Studer U. Managing patients after an ileal orthotopic bladder substitution. BJU Int. 2004;93:266-70 pubmed
- Nedeltchev K, Baumgartner R. Traumatic cervical artery dissection. Front Neurol Neurosci. 2005;20:54-63 pubmed..Neurological outcome is probably worse in TCAD compared to spontaneous CAD, although it is unclear whether this is due to dissection-induced ischemic stroke or associated traumatic lesions. ..
- Zingg J, Kempna P, Paris M, Reiter E, Villacorta L, Cipollone R, et al. Characterization of three human sec14p-like proteins: alpha-tocopherol transport activity and expression pattern in tissues. Biochimie. 2008;90:1703-15 pubmed publisher..Thus, the three hTAPs may mediate lipid uptake, secretion, presentation, and sub-cellular localization in a tissue-specific manner, possibly using organelle- and enzyme-specific docking sites...
- Luginbuhl M, Schumacher P, Vuilleumier P, Vereecke H, Heyse B, Bouillon T, et al. Noxious stimulation response index: a novel anesthetic state index based on hypnotic-opioid interaction. Anesthesiology. 2010;112:872-80 pubmed publisher..The NSRI conveys information that better predicts the analgesic component of anesthesia than AAI, BIS, or predicted propofol or remifentanil concentrations. Prospective validation studies in the clinical setting are needed. ..
- von Kanel T, Gerber D, Schaller A, Baumer A, Wey E, Jackson C, et al. Quantitative 1-step DNA methylation analysis with native genomic DNA as template. Clin Chem. 2010;56:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Combined with its precision and reliability, these features make the assay well suited for diagnostic procedures as well as high-throughput analyses. ..
- Schaller J, Gerber S. The plasmin-antiplasmin system: structural and functional aspects. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2011;68:785-801 pubmed publisher..The activity of the plasminogen activators is primarily regulated by the plasminogen activator inhibitors 1 and 2, members of the serine protease inhibitor superfamily. ..
- Ozçakir Tomruk C, Chiquet M, Mericske Stern R. Tenascin-C and matrix metalloproteinase-9 levels in crevicular fluid of teeth and implants. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. 2012;14:672-81 pubmed publisher..In the context of peri-implantitis, TNC might be a marker of bone remodelling rather than inflammation and infection. A possible proteolytic degradation of TNC during peri-implantitis needs to be studied. ..
- Heimgartner S, Eckardt J, Simmen D, Briner H, Leunig A, Caversaccio M. Limitations of balloon sinuplasty in frontal sinus surgery. Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol. 2011;268:1463-7 pubmed publisher..In these situations, it is essential to have knowledge of classical functional endoscopic sinus surgery of the frontal recess area. The drawbacks of not including a histopathologic exam should be considered in balloon only procedures...
- Mattle H, Arnold M, Lindsberg P, Schonewille W, Schroth G. Basilar artery occlusion. Lancet Neurol. 2011;10:1002-14 pubmed publisher..The goal of thrombolysis is to restore blood flow in the occluded artery and salvage brain tissue; however, the best treatment approach to improve clinical outcome still needs to be ascertained...
- Vidondo B, Schwehm M, Buhlmann A, Eichner M. Finding and removing highly connected individuals using suboptimal vaccines. BMC Infect Dis. 2012;12:51 pubmed publisher..Current preparedness and containment plans for smallpox and other infectious diseases may benefit from such knowledge. ..
- Leni Z, Parakkal G, Arcaro A. Emerging metabolic targets in the therapy of hematological malignancies. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:946206 pubmed publisher..The identification of the metabolic enzymes critical for hematological cancer cell proliferation and survival appears to be an interesting new approach for the targeted therapy of hematological malignancies. ..
- Jung S, Gilgen M, Slotboom J, El Koussy M, Zubler C, Kiefer C, et al. Factors that determine penumbral tissue loss in acute ischaemic stroke. Brain. 2013;136:3554-60 pubmed publisher..In patients with good collaterals, time to successful reperfusion accounts only for a minor fraction of penumbra loss. These results support the hypothesis that good collaterals extend the time window for acute stroke treatment. ..
- Aebi Popp K, Bailey H, Malyuta R, Volokha A, Thorne C. High prevalence of herpes simplex virus (HSV)- type 2 co-infection among HIV-positive women in Ukraine, but no increased HIV mother-to-child transmission risk. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2016;16:94 pubmed publisher..8%. Markers of ongoing sexual risk among HIV-positive HSV-2 seronegative women indicate the importance of interventions to prevent primary HSV-2 infection during pregnancy in this high-risk group. ..
- Furlan M, Robles R, Lammle B. Partial purification and characterization of a protease from human plasma cleaving von Willebrand factor to fragments produced by in vivo proteolysis. Blood. 1996;87:4223-34 pubmed..The size, amino acid composition, and amino terminal sequence of the reduced fragments confirmed that the peptide bond 842Tyr-843Met had been cleaved, ie, the same bond that has been proposed to be cleaved in vivo. ..
- Wilder Smith C, Hill L, Laurent S. Postamputation pain and sensory changes in treatment-naive patients: characteristics and responses to treatment with tramadol, amitriptyline, and placebo. Anesthesiology. 2005;103:619-28 pubmed..Both drugs demonstrated consistent and large antinociceptive effects on both the stump and the intact limbs. ..
- Schwerzmann M, Nedeltchev K, Meier B. Patent foramen ovale closure: a new therapy for migraine. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2007;69:277-84 pubmed..This review recapitulates the current data regarding PFO closure and migraine with aura and summarizes in brief the current knowledge regarding migraine pathophysiology and the link to a RLS. ..
- Katsoulis J, Ausfeld Hafter B, Windecker Gétaz I, Katsoulis K, Blagojevic N, Mericske Stern R. Laser acupuncture for myofascial pain of the masticatory muscles. A controlled pilot study. Schweiz Monatsschr Zahnmed. 2010;120:213-25 pubmed..The purpose of this investigation was to evaluate the effectiveness of laser acupuncture within the scope of a pilot study...
- Tonella P, Flück C, Mullis P. Metabolic control of type 1 diabetic patients followed at the University Children's Hospital in Berne: have we reached the goal?. Swiss Med Wkly. 2010;140:w13057 pubmed publisher..With current treatment strategies, glycaemic control of T1DM children and adolescents improved significantly (p <0.01) between 1998 and 2008, although only a minority of the subjects reached the ISPAD goals. ..
- Reichenbach S, Juni P, Werlen S, Nüesch E, Pfirrmann C, Trelle S, et al. Prevalence of cam-type deformity on hip magnetic resonance imaging in young males: a cross-sectional study. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2010;62:1319-27 pubmed publisher..Cam-type deformities can be found on MRI in every fourth young asymptomatic male individual and in every second male with decreased internal rotation. The majority of deformities are located in an anterosuperior position. ..
- Ludin P, Nilsson D, Maser P. Genome-wide identification of molecular mimicry candidates in parasites. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17546 pubmed publisher..MimicDB provides a host of new starting points to gain insights into the molecular nature of host-pathogen interactions. ..
- El Koussy M, Stepper F, Spreng A, Lukes A, Gralla J, Brekenfeld C, et al. Incidence, clinical presentation and imaging findings of cavernous malformations of the CNS. A twenty-year experience. Swiss Med Wkly. 2011;141:w13172 pubmed publisher..The observed frequency of CM, including multiple lesions in a single individual and the familial form of this pathological entity appears relatively high compared to medical literature. ..
- Wenaweser P, Pilgrim T, Kadner A, Huber C, Stortecky S, Buellesfeld L, et al. Clinical outcomes of patients with severe aortic stenosis at increased surgical risk according to treatment modality. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58:2151-62 pubmed publisher..Clinical outcomes of TAVI and SAVR seem similar among carefully selected patients with severe symptomatic AS at increased risk. ..
- Bobst C, Lobmaier J. Men's preference for the ovulating female is triggered by subtle face shape differences. Horm Behav. 2012;62:413-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that subtle shape differences in faces are sufficient to trigger men's preference for a woman in her fertile cycle phase. ..
- StÃ¶ckli S, StÃ¤mpfli A, Messner C, Brunner T. An (un)healthy poster: When environmental cues affect consumers' food choices at vending machines. Appetite. 2016;96:368-374 pubmed publisher..Results are discussed in light of priming literature emphasizing the relevance of preexisting associations, mental concepts and goals. ..
- JeremiÄ‡ B, Casas F, Dubinsky P, Gomez Caamaño A, ÄŒihoriÄ‡ N, Videtic G. Surgery for Stage IIIA Non-Small-cell Lung Cancer: Lack of Predictive and Prognostic Factors Identifying Any Subgroup of Patients Benefiting From It. Clin Lung Cancer. 2016;17:107-12 pubmed publisher..As demonstrated in completed prospective randomized studies, the use of surgery for stage IIIA NSCLC should be limited to well-defined clinical trials. ..
- Suica Z, Romkes J, Tal A, Maguire C. Walking with a four wheeled walker (rollator) significantly reduces EMG lower-limb muscle activity in healthy subjects. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2016;20:65-73 pubmed publisher..Short-term stability is gained but the long-term effect is unclear and requires investigation. ..
- Dalghi M, Ferreira Gomes M, Montalbetti N, Simonin A, Strehler E, Hediger M, et al. Cortical cytoskeleton dynamics regulates plasma membrane calcium ATPase isoform-2 (PMCA2) activity. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1413-1424 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that PMCA activity is profoundly affected by the polymerization state of the cortical cytoskeleton in living cells. ..
- McMurry J, Juty N, Blomberg N, Burdett T, Conlin T, Conte N, et al. Identifiers for the 21st century: How to design, provision, and reuse persistent identifiers to maximize utility and impact of life science data. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2001414 pubmed publisher..We focus strongly on web-based identifiers in the life sciences; however, the principles are broadly relevant to other disciplines. ..
- Laederach K. [Psychophysiologic manifestations, psychological and somatic risk factors and the physician-patient relationship in patients with heart diseases]. Schweiz Rundsch Med Prax. 1993;82:1188-94 pubmed..With these elements it will be possible to determine the diagnostic and therapeutic approach to those patients to reassure them and to justify investigations. ..
- Uguccioni M, Gionchetti P, Robbiani D, Rizzello F, Peruzzo S, Campieri M, et al. Increased expression of IP-10, IL-8, MCP-1, and MCP-3 in ulcerative colitis. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:331-6 pubmed..No expression of MIP-1alpha was found in controls and UC. IP-10 was also markedly expressed in the mucosa of control biopsies and therefore could have a role in activated T lymphocytes' recruitment into the healthy mucosa. ..
- Nedeltchev K, Remonda L, Do D, Brekenfeld C, Ozdoba C, Arnold M, et al. Acute stenting and thromboaspiration in basilar artery occlusions due to embolism from the dominating vertebral artery. Neuroradiology. 2004;46:686-91 pubmed..A stent was deployed at the site of the stenosis in the VA either prior to or immediately after BA recanalization...
- Mueller B, Pabst T, Fos J, Petkovic V, Fey M, Asou N, et al. ATRA resolves the differentiation block in t(15;17) acute myeloid leukemia by restoring PU.1 expression. Blood. 2006;107:3330-8 pubmed..This is the first report to show that PU.1 is suppressed in acute promyelocytic leukemia, and that ATRA restores PU.1 expression in cells harboring t(15;17). ..
- Fricker M, Baumann A, Wermelinger F, Villiger P, Helbling A. A novel therapeutic option in Cogan diseases? TNF-alpha blockers. Rheumatol Int. 2007;27:493-5 pubmed..Treatment with anti-TNF-alpha was started leading to a rapid and sustained clinical remission for over 2 respectively 3 years...
- Reinert M, Andres R, Fuhrer M, Muller A, Schaller B, Widmer H. Online correlation of spontaneous arterial and intracranial pressure fluctuations in patients with diffuse severe head injury. Neurol Res. 2007;29:455-62 pubmed..We conclude that online determination of AI rho offers a valuable additional and technically easily performable tool for guidance of therapy in patients with severe head injury. ..
- Schenk M, Bouchon A, Seibold F, Mueller C. TREM-1--expressing intestinal macrophages crucially amplify chronic inflammation in experimental colitis and inflammatory bowel diseases. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:3097-106 pubmed..Therefore, TREM-1 may also represent an attractive target for the treatment of chronic inflammatory disorders. ..
- Pelivani N, Hassan A, Braathen L, Hunger R, Yawalkar N. Alopecia areata universalis elicited during treatment with adalimumab. Dermatology. 2008;216:320-3 pubmed publisher..In addition, immunofluorescence staining for TNF-alpha was found in the mononuclear cell infiltrate. This case suggests a complex role of TNF-alpha in the induction of AA. ..
- Gralla J, Schroth G, Kickuth R, El Koussy M, Do D, Brekenfeld C. Closing the gap between coil and balloon in the neurointerventional armamentarium? Initial clinical experience with a nitinol vascular occlusion plug. Neuroradiology. 2008;50:709-14 pubmed publisher..In this small series the use of the devices was uncomplicated and safe. The rigid and large delivery device and the delayed cessation of flow currently limit the device's use in neurointerventions. ..
- Macpherson A, Slack E, Geuking M, McCoy K. The mucosal firewalls against commensal intestinal microbes. Semin Immunopathol. 2009;31:145-9 pubmed publisher..In this review article, we present the different mucosal firewalls that contain and allow mutualism with the intestinal microbiota. ..
- Drogemuller C, Reichart U, Seuberlich T, Oevermann A, Baumgartner M, Kühni Boghenbor K, et al. An unusual splice defect in the mitofusin 2 gene (MFN2) is associated with degenerative axonopathy in Tyrolean Grey cattle. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e18931 pubmed publisher..This splicing defect represents a potential explanation for the observed degenerative axonopathy. Marker assisted selection can now be used to eliminate degenerative axonopathy from Tyrolean Grey cattle. ..
- Zhuang L, Villiger P, Trueb B. Interaction of the receptor FGFRL1 with the negative regulator Spred1. Cell Signal. 2011;23:1496-504 pubmed publisher..It is conceivable that FGFRL1, Sef and some Sprouty/Spred proteins work in concert to control growth factor signaling during branching morphogenesis of the kidneys and other organs. ..
- Rimoldi S, Rexhaj E, Pratali L, Bailey D, Hutter D, Faita F, et al. Systemic vascular dysfunction in patients with chronic mountain sickness. Chest. 2012;141:139-146 pubmed publisher..Structural and functional alterations contribute to this problem that may predispose these patients to premature cardiovascular disease. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT01182792; URL: www.clinicaltrials.gov. ..
- Nietlispach F, Gloekler S, Krause R, Shakir S, Schmid M, Khattab A, et al. Amplatzer left atrial appendage occlusion: single center 10-year experience. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2013;82:283-9 pubmed publisher..LAA closure may be a good alternative to oral anticoagulation. This hypothesis needs to be tested in a randomized clinical trial to ensure that all potential biases of this observational study are accounted for. ..
- Mashkovskiy E, Beverly J, StÃ¶cker U, Bychkovskiy S. Ice Climbing Festival in Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics: Medical Management and Injury Analysis. Wilderness Environ Med. 2016;27:117-24 pubmed publisher..Further research should be performed to define injury risks in professional competitive ice climbers, and standard methodologies for reporting injuries should be considered. ..
- Ewig S, Hoffken G, Kern W, Rohde G, Flick H, Krause R, et al. [Management of Adult Community-acquired Pneumonia and Prevention - Update 2016]. Pneumologie. 2016;70:151-200 pubmed publisher..The guideline has a focus on specific clinical circumstances, an update on severity assessment, and includes recommendations for an individualized selection of antimicrobial treatment as well as primary and secondary prevention. ..
- Disanto G, Benkert P, Lorscheider J, Mueller S, Vehoff J, Zecca C, et al. The Swiss Multiple Sclerosis Cohort-Study (SMSC): A Prospective Swiss Wide Investigation of Key Phases in Disease Evolution and New Treatment Options. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0152347 pubmed publisher..4%), natalizumab (24.5%) or injectable DMDs (13.6%). The SMSC will provide relevant information regarding DMDs efficacy and safety and will serve as a comprehensive infrastructure available for nested research projects. ..
- Al Sayed M, Ruckstuhl C, Hilmenyuk T, Claus C, Bourquin J, Bornhauser B, et al. CD70 reverse signaling enhances NK cell function and immunosurveillance in CD27-expressing B-cell malignancies. Blood. 2017;130:297-309 pubmed publisher..Therefore, CD70 reverse signaling in NK cells contributes to the immune control of CD27-expressing B-cell lymphoma and leukemia. ..
- Macedo J, Currier R, Wirdnam C, Horn D, Alsford S, Rentsch D. Ornithine uptake and the modulation of drug sensitivity in Trypanosoma brucei. FASEB J. 2017;31:4649-4660 pubmed publisher..Macedo, J. P., Currier, R. B., Wirdnam, C., Horn, D., Alsford, S., Rentsch, D. Ornithine uptake and the modulation of drug sensitivity in Trypanosoma brucei. ..
- Furlan M, Robles R, Solenthaler M, Wassmer M, Sandoz P, Lammle B. Deficient activity of von Willebrand factor-cleaving protease in chronic relapsing thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura. Blood. 1997;89:3097-103 pubmed..The assay of the vWF-cleaving protease activity may be used as a sensitive diagnostic tool for identification of subjects with a latent TTP tendency. ..
- Bernhard J, Hürny C, Maibach R, Herrmann R, Laffer U. Quality of life as subjective experience: reframing of perception in patients with colon cancer undergoing radical resection with or without adjuvant chemotherapy. Swiss Group for Clinical Cancer Research (SAKK). Ann Oncol. 1999;10:775-82 pubmed..An understanding of this phenomenon is of particular relevance for patient care. Its role in evaluating QL endpoints in clinical trials needs further investigation. ..
- Mattioli I, Dittrich Breiholz O, Livingstone M, Kracht M, Schmitz M. Comparative analysis of T-cell costimulation and CD43 activation reveals novel signaling pathways and target genes. Blood. 2004;104:3302-4 pubmed..Microarray analysis of inflammatory genes shows 1 group of genes coregulated by both stimuli and 2 further groups of target genes affected solely by costimulation or primarily by CD43. ..
- Zimmermann H. [Shared decision in the emergency care: old wine in new bottles for informed consent?]. Praxis (Bern 1994). 2005;94:1531-4 pubmed
- Engelhardt B, Kappos L. Natalizumab: targeting alpha4-integrins in multiple sclerosis. Neurodegener Dis. 2008;5:16-22 pubmed..In this review, we discuss the basic mechanism of action, key clinical results of clinical trials and the emerging indication of natalizumab in MS. ..
- Beck M. Groin pain after open FAI surgery: the role of intraarticular adhesions. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2009;467:769-74 pubmed publisher..While arthroscopic resection improves outcome it is technically demanding. Avoiding the formation of adhesions is important and is perhaps best accomplished by passive motion exercises after the initial surgery. ..
- Zehnder P, Dhar N, Thurairaja R, Ochsner K, Studer U. Effect of urinary tract infection on reservoir function in patients with ileal bladder substitute. J Urol. 2009;181:2545-9 pubmed publisher..When the urinary tract infection is appropriately treated urinary continence and reservoir function return to their baseline status. ..
- Bittersohl B, Hosalkar H, Hughes T, Kim Y, Werlen S, Siebenrock K, et al. Feasibility of T2* mapping for the evaluation of hip joint cartilage at 1.5T using a three-dimensional (3D), gradient-echo (GRE) sequence: a prospective study. Magn Reson Med. 2009;62:896-901 pubmed publisher..Correlation factor was 0.860 to 0.954 (T(2)*-T(1) intraobserver) and 0.826 to 0.867 (T(2)*-T(1) interobserver). It is feasible to gather further information about cartilage status within the hip joint using GRE T(2)* mapping at 1.5T. ..
- Wenaweser P, Eshtehardi P, Abrecht L, Zwahlen M, Schmidlin K, Windecker S, et al. A randomised determination of the Effect of Fluvastatin and Atorvastatin on top of dual antiplatelet treatment on platelet aggregation after implantation of coronary drug-eluting stents. The EFA-Trial. Thromb Haemost. 2010;104:554-62 pubmed publisher
- Cámara R, Lukas P, Begré S, Pittet V, von Kanel R. Effects of social support on the clinical course of Crohn's disease. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17:1277-86 pubmed publisher..1 times for a decrease of 1 SD of BMI. Low BMI was not predictive under high social support. The findings suggest that elevated social support may favorably affect the clinical course of CD, particularly in patients with low BMI. ..
- Shafighi M, Olariu R, Fathi A, Djafarzadeh S, Jakob S, Banic A, et al. Dimethyloxalylglycine stabilizes HIF-1? in cultured human endothelial cells and increases random-pattern skin flap survival in vivo. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;128:415-22 pubmed publisher..05). Dimethyloxalylglycine treatment significantly increases VEGF and HIF-1? expression in endothelial cell cultures and enhances skin flap survival in vivo in a rat model. ..
- Fenner L, Egger M, Bodmer T, Furrer H, Ballif M, Battegay M, et al. HIV infection disrupts the sympatric host-pathogen relationship in human tuberculosis. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003318 pubmed publisher..In summary, these findings support a model for TB in which the stable relationship between the human host and its locally adapted M. tuberculosis is disrupted by HIV infection...
- Coutinho J, Liebeskind D, Slater L, Nogueira R, Baxter B, Levy E, et al. Mechanical Thrombectomy for Isolated M2 Occlusions: A Post Hoc Analysis of the STAR, SWIFT, and SWIFT PRIME Studies. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:667-72 pubmed publisher..46), or modified Rankin Scale score 0-2 at follow-up (60% versus 56%, P = .64). Endovascular reperfusion therapy appears to be feasible in selected patients with ischemic stroke and an M2 occlusion. ..
- Bechtel Grosch U, Béguelin C, Berezowska S, Dufour J, Takala J, Schefold J. Fulminant hepatic and multiple organ failure following acute viral tonsillitis: a case report. J Med Case Rep. 2016;10:7 pubmed publisher..This persevering condition should be diagnosed early and treated goal-oriented in order to gain control of this life-threatening condition. ..
- Galling B, RoldÃ¡n A, Rietschel L, Hagi K, Walyzada F, Zheng W, et al. Safety and tolerability of antipsychotic co-treatment in patients with schizophrenia: results from a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2016;15:591-612 pubmed publisher..Adjunctive partial D2-agonists might be beneficial for counteracting several AEs. High-quality, long-term studies that comprehensively assess AEs are needed. ..
- Seddon B, Strauss S, Whelan J, Leahy M, Woll P, Cowie F, et al. Gemcitabine and docetaxel versus doxorubicin as first-line treatment in previously untreated advanced unresectable or metastatic soft-tissue sarcomas (GeDDiS): a randomised controlled phase 3 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1397-1410 pubmed publisher..Cancer Research UK, Sarcoma UK, and Clinical Trial Unit Kantonsspital St Gallen. ..
- Schmitz N, Leibundgut K, Hirt A. CDK2 catalytic activity and loss of nuclear tethering of retinoblastoma protein in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Leukemia. 2005;19:1783-7 pubmed..We conclude that most ALL cells reside at or beyond the restriction point. This could explain the resistance of ALL cells to differentiation induction. ..
- Candreia C, Schmuziger N, Gürtler N. Molecular analysis of aquaporin genes 1 to 4 in patients with Menière's disease. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;26:787-92 pubmed publisher..Additional regions (introns, splice-sites) and other genes involved in inner ear homeostasis need to be analyzed to identify a possible molecular alteration in MD. ..
- Aykan S, Tuken M, Gunes S, Akin Y, Ozturk M, Seyhan S, et al. ApaL1 urokinase and Taq1 vitamin D receptor gene polymorphisms in first-stone formers, recurrent stone formers, and controls in a Caucasian population. Urolithiasis. 2016;44:109-15 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ApaL1 and Taq1 SNPs of the urokinase and VDR genes are associated with recurrent urolithiasis in a Caucasian population. ..
- Lamanda A, Cheaib Z, Turgut M, Lussi A. Protein buffering in model systems and in whole human saliva. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e263 pubmed..7, it was reasonable to conclude that this 50 kDa protein band may contain the protein(s) belonging to the protein buffer system of human saliva. ..
- Fiore E, Rizzi M, Ragazzi M, Vanoni F, Bernasconi M, Bianchetti M, et al. Acute hemorrhagic edema of young children (cockade purpura and edema): a case series and systematic review. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2008;59:684-95 pubmed publisher..Acute hemorrhagic edema of young children is a very benign vasculitis. Physicians might rapidly develop the skills necessary to diagnose this condition. ..
- Bandi N, Zbinden S, Gugger M, Arnold M, Kocher V, Hasan L, et al. miR-15a and miR-16 are implicated in cell cycle regulation in a Rb-dependent manner and are frequently deleted or down-regulated in non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:5553-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that miR-15a/miR-16 are implicated in cell cycle control and likely contribute to the tumorigenesis of NSCLC. ..
- Zawodniak A, Lochmatter P, Yerly D, Kawabata T, Lerch M, Yawalkar N, et al. In vitro detection of cytotoxic T and NK cells in peripheral blood of patients with various drug-induced skin diseases. Allergy. 2010;65:376-84 pubmed publisher..Together with IL-7/IL-15 preincubation, it may be helpful in indentifying the offending drug even in some patients with weak proliferative drug-response. ..
- Babiychuk E, Monastyrskaya K, Potez S, Draeger A. Blebbing confers resistance against cell lysis. Cell Death Differ. 2011;18:80-9 pubmed publisher..By targeting annexin A1/blebbing, new therapeutic approaches could be developed to avert the necrotic loss of cells in a variety of human pathologies. ..
- Steinberg F, Gerber S, Rieckmann T, Trueb B. Rapid fusion and syncytium formation of heterologous cells upon expression of the FGFRL1 receptor. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:37704-15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FGFRL1 also fused HEK293 and HeLa cells with untransfected CHO cells. Our data show that FGFRL1 is the first mammalian protein that is capable of inducing syncytium formation of heterologous cells in vitro. ..
- Fleischmann A, Rocha C, Saxer Sekulic N, Zlobec I, Sauter G, Thalmann G. High-level cytoplasmic cyclin D1 expression in lymph node metastases from prostate cancer independently predicts early biochemical failure and death in surgically treated patients. Histopathology. 2011;58:781-9 pubmed publisher..Survival stratification according to biomarker expression in metastases indicates an important role for tumour sampling from these tissues. ..
- Mantokoudis G, Dubach P, Pfiffner F, Kompis M, Caversaccio M, Senn P. Speech perception benefits of internet versus conventional telephony for hearing-impaired individuals. J Med Internet Res. 2012;14:e102 pubmed publisher..VoIP, therefore, has the potential to significantly improve telecommunication abilities for the large community of hearing-impaired individuals. ..