Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Umeå, Västerbotten, Sweden
Locale: Umeå, Västerbotten, Sweden
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Kegel A, Sjöstrand J, Aström S. Nej1p, a cell type-specific regulator of nonhomologous end joining in yeast. Curr Biol. 2001;11:1611-7 pubmed..Nej1p and Lif1(P), the yeast XRCC4 homolog, interacted in two independent assays, and Nej1p localized to the nucleus, suggesting that Nej1p may have a direct role in NHEJ. ..
- Chen C, Huang B, Anderson J, Byström A. Unexpected accumulation of ncm(5)U and ncm(5)S(2) (U) in a trm9 mutant suggests an additional step in the synthesis of mcm(5)U and mcm(5)S(2)U. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20783 pubmed publisher..We propose two alternative explanations for this observation. One is that the intermediate cm(5)U is generated from ncm(5)U by a yet unknown mechanism and the other is that cm(5)U is formed before ncm(5)U and mcm(5)U. ..
- Esberg A, Moqtaderi Z, Fan X, Lu J, Struhl K, Byström A. Iwr1 protein is important for preinitiation complex formation by all three nuclear RNA polymerases in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20829 pubmed publisher..Thus, Iwr1 plays an important role in preinitiation complex formation by all three nuclear RNA polymerases. ..
- Huang B, Lu J, Byström A. A genome-wide screen identifies genes required for formation of the wobble nucleoside 5-methoxycarbonylmethyl-2-thiouridine in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. RNA. 2008;14:2183-94 pubmed publisher..Like the absence of the mcm(5) side chain, the lack of the s(2) group renders tRNA(mcm5s2UUC Glu) less sensitive to gamma-toxin, reinforcing the importance of the wobble nucleoside mcm(5)s(2)U for tRNA cleavage by gamma-toxin. ..
- Bjork G, Huang B, Persson O, Byström A. A conserved modified wobble nucleoside (mcm5s2U) in lysyl-tRNA is required for viability in yeast. RNA. 2007;13:1245-55 pubmed..Surprisingly, overexpression of the mcm(5)s(2)U-lacking tRNA(Lys) alone was sufficient to restore viability of the double mutant. ..
- Rubinstein L, Ungar L, Harari Y, Babin V, Ben Aroya S, Merenyi G, et al. Telomere length kinetics assay (TELKA) sorts the telomere length maintenance (tlm) mutants into functional groups. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:6314-25 pubmed publisher..Thus, our telomere kinetics assay uncovers new functional groups, as well as complex genetic interactions between tlm mutants. ..
- Esberg A, Huang B, Johansson M, Byström A. Elevated levels of two tRNA species bypass the requirement for elongator complex in transcription and exocytosis. Mol Cell. 2006;24:139-48 pubmed..Our results indicate that the physiologically relevant function of the evolutionary-conserved Elongator complex is in formation of modified nucleosides in tRNAs. ..
- Chereji R, Bharatula V, Elfving N, Blomberg J, Larsson M, Morozov A, et al. Mediator binds to boundaries of chromosomal interaction domains and to proteins involved in DNA looping, RNA metabolism, chromatin remodeling, and actin assembly. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:8806-8821 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Mediator plays a significant role in higher-order genome organization. ..