Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis in Umeå, Västerbotten, Sweden
Locale: Umeå, Västerbotten, Sweden
- Boutté Y, Grebe M. Immunocytochemical fluorescent in situ visualization of proteins in Arabidopsis. Methods Mol Biol. 2014;1062:453-72 pubmed publisher..We provide step-by-step protocols with extensive troubleshooting for both the whole-mount and sectioning protocols. Furthermore, critical steps, advantages, and limitations of the two protocols described here are discussed. ..
- Erikson O, Hertzberg M, Näsholm T. The dsdA gene from Escherichia coli provides a novel selectable marker for plant transformation. Plant Mol Biol. 2005;57:425-33 pubmed
- Singh S, Eland C, Harholt J, Scheller H, Marchant A. Cell adhesion in Arabidopsis thaliana is mediated by ECTOPICALLY PARTING CELLS 1--a glycosyltransferase (GT64) related to the animal exostosins. Plant J. 2005;43:384-97 pubmed..The EPC1 protein thus plays a critical role during plant development in maintaining the integrity of organs via cell-cell adhesion, thereby providing mechanical strength and facilitating the movement of metabolites throughout the plant. ..
- Singh S, Fischer U, Singh M, Grebe M, Marchant A. Insight into the early steps of root hair formation revealed by the procuste1 cellulose synthase mutant of Arabidopsis thaliana. BMC Plant Biol. 2008;8:57 pubmed publisher..In the prc1-1 mutant background, the requirement for RHD6 during hair initiation is reduced which may result from a weaker cell wall structure mimicking the cell wall loosening events during hair formation. ..
- Pin P, Nilsson O. The multifaceted roles of FLOWERING LOCUS T in plant development. Plant Cell Environ. 2012;35:1742-55 pubmed publisher..This review assesses the plethora of roles that FT-like genes have acquired during evolution and their implications in plant diversity, adaptation and domestication. ..
- Svennerstam H, Jämtgård S, Ahmad I, Huss Danell K, Näsholm T, Ganeteg U. Transporters in Arabidopsis roots mediating uptake of amino acids at naturally occurring concentrations. New Phytol. 2011;191:459-67 pubmed publisher..LHT1 and AAP5 displayed complementary affinity spectra, and no redundancy with respect to gene expression was found between the two transporters, suggesting these two transporters have separate roles in amino acid uptake. ..
- Dejardin A, Sokolov L, Kleczkowski L. Sugar/osmoticum levels modulate differential abscisic acid-independent expression of two stress-responsive sucrose synthase genes in Arabidopsis. Biochem J. 1999;344 Pt 2:503-9 pubmed..The differential stress-responsive regulation of Sus genes in leaves might represent part of a general cellular response to the allocation of carbohydrates during acclimation processes. ..
- Takahashi J, Rudsander U, Hedenström M, Banasiak A, Harholt J, Amelot N, et al. KORRIGAN1 and its aspen homolog PttCel9A1 decrease cellulose crystallinity in Arabidopsis stems. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:1099-115 pubmed publisher..The data support the hypothesis that PttCel9A1/KOR1 activity is present in cell walls, where it facilitates cellulose biosynthesis in a way that increases the amount of non-crystalline cellulose. ..
- Meng M, Geisler M, Johansson H, Harholt J, Scheller H, Mellerowicz E, et al. UDP-glucose pyrophosphorylase is not rate limiting, but is essential in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell Physiol. 2009;50:998-1011 pubmed publisher..Overall, the data suggest that UGPase is not rate limiting for sucrose/starch and cell wall synthesis, but that it is essential in Arabidopsis. ..
- Muniz L, Minguet E, Singh S, Pesquet E, Vera Sirera F, Moreau Courtois C, et al. ACAULIS5 controls Arabidopsis xylem specification through the prevention of premature cell death. Development. 2008;135:2573-82 pubmed publisher..We therefore provide, for the first time, mechanistic evidence for the function of ACL5 in xylem specification through its action on the duration of xylem element differentiation. ..
- Nordstrom A, Tarkowski P, Tarkowska D, Norbaek R, Astot C, Dolezal K, et al. Auxin regulation of cytokinin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis thaliana: a factor of potential importance for auxin-cytokinin-regulated development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:8039-44 pubmed
- Meng M, Wilczynska M, Kleczkowski L. Molecular and kinetic characterization of two UDP-glucose pyrophosphorylases, products of distinct genes, from Arabidopsis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1784:967-72 pubmed publisher..0.3, suggesting preference for the pyrophosphorolysis direction of the reaction. The data are discussed with respect to potential roles of UGPase in carbohydrate synthesis/metabolism in Arabidopsis. ..
- Ljung K, Hull A, Celenza J, Yamada M, Estelle M, Normanly J, et al. Sites and regulation of auxin biosynthesis in Arabidopsis roots. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1090-104 pubmed..We present a model for how the primary root is supplied with auxin during early seedling development. ..
- Zheng B, MacDonald T, Sutinen S, Hurry V, Clarke A. A nuclear-encoded ClpP subunit of the chloroplast ATP-dependent Clp protease is essential for early development in Arabidopsis thaliana. Planta. 2006;224:1103-15 pubmed..In contrast, shift to low growth irradiance decreased the relative amount of ClpP4 in wild type leaves, and caused newly developed leaves of fully greened antisense lines to regain the chlorotic phenotype. ..
- Boutté Y, Frescatada Rosa M, Men S, Chow C, Ebine K, Gustavsson A, et al. Endocytosis restricts Arabidopsis KNOLLE syntaxin to the cell division plane during late cytokinesis. EMBO J. 2010;29:546-58 pubmed publisher..Thus, restriction of lateral diffusion by endocytosis may serve to maintain specificity of syntaxin localization during late cytokinesis. ..
- Sokolov L, Dejardin A, Kleczkowski L. Sugars and light/dark exposure trigger differential regulation of ADP-glucose pyrophosphorylase genes in Arabidopsis thaliana (thale cress). Biochem J. 1998;336 ( Pt 3):681-7 pubmed..The sugar/light-dependent regulation of AGPase gene expression may represent a part of a general cellular response to the availability/allocation of carbohydrates during photosynthesis. ..
- Shaikhali J, Davoine C, BjÃ¶rklund S, Wingsle G. Redox regulation of the MED28 and MED32 mediator subunits is important for development and senescence. Protoplasma. 2016;253:957-63 pubmed publisher..To link that with biological significance we have characterized Arabidopsis med32 and med28 mutants and found that they are affected in root development and senescence, phenotypes possibly associated to redox changes. ..
- Moyle R, Schrader J, Stenberg A, Olsson O, Saxena S, Sandberg G, et al. Environmental and auxin regulation of wood formation involves members of the Aux/IAA gene family in hybrid aspen. Plant J. 2002;31:675-85 pubmed
- Pesquet E, Zhang B, Gorzsás A, Puhakainen T, Serk H, Escamez S, et al. Non-cell-autonomous postmortem lignification of tracheary elements in Zinnia elegans. Plant Cell. 2013;25:1314-28 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that living, parenchymatic xylem cells contribute to TE lignification in a non-cell-autonomous manner, thus enabling the postmortem lignification of TEs. ..
- Johansson Jänkänpää H, Frenkel M, Zulfugarov I, Reichelt M, Krieger Liszkay A, Mishra Y, et al. Non-photochemical quenching capacity in Arabidopsis thaliana affects herbivore behaviour. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53232 pubmed publisher..This could trigger changes in planta that are sensed by herbivores either directly or indirectly, following its dismutation to H(2)O(2). ..
- Klintenäs M, Pin P, Benlloch R, Ingvarsson P, Nilsson O. Analysis of conifer FLOWERING LOCUS T/TERMINAL FLOWER1-like genes provides evidence for dramatic biochemical evolution in the angiosperm FT lineage. New Phytol. 2012;196:1260-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, the presence of FT-like genes in basal angiosperms indicates that the FT-like function emerged at an early stage during the evolution of flowering plants as a means to regulate flowering time. ..
- Gutierrez L, Mongélard G, Floková K, Pacurar D, Novak O, Staswick P, et al. Auxin controls Arabidopsis adventitious root initiation by regulating jasmonic acid homeostasis. Plant Cell. 2012;24:2515-27 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which adventitious rooting is an adaptive developmental response involving crosstalk between the auxin and jasmonate regulatory pathways. ..
- Fischer U, Ikeda Y, Ljung K, Serralbo O, Singh M, Heidstra R, et al. Vectorial information for Arabidopsis planar polarity is mediated by combined AUX1, EIN2, and GNOM activity. Curr Biol. 2006;16:2143-9 pubmed..Hence, auxin may provide vectorial information for planar polarity that requires combinatorial AUX1, EIN2, and GNOM activity upstream of ROP positioning. ..
- Hall M, Mata Cabana A, Akerlund H, Florencio F, Schröder W, Lindahl M, et al. Thioredoxin targets of the plant chloroplast lumen and their implications for plastid function. Proteomics. 2010;10:987-1001 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that redox-controlled reactions in the chloroplast lumen play essential roles in the function of photosystem II and the regulation of adaptation to light intensity. ..
- Barajas López J, Kremnev D, Shaikhali J, Piñas Fernández A, Strand A. PAPP5 is involved in the tetrapyrrole mediated plastid signalling during chloroplast development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e60305 pubmed publisher..Thus, our results suggest that PAPP5 receives an inbalance in the tetrapyrrole biosynthesis through the accumulation of Mg-ProtoIX and acts as a negative regulator of PhANG expression during chloroplast biogenesis and development. ..
- Adén J, Wallgren M, Storm P, Weise C, Christiansen A, Schröder W, et al. Extraordinary ?s-ms backbone dynamics in Arabidopsis thaliana peroxiredoxin Q. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1814:1880-90 pubmed publisher..The ground state of this conformational dynamics is likely the stably folded reduced state as implied by circular dichroism spectroscopy. We speculate that the extensive dynamics is intimately related to the catalytic function of PrxQ. ..
- Paudyal R, Jamaluddin A, Warren J, Doyle S, Robert S, Warriner S, et al. Trafficking modulator TENin1 inhibits endocytosis, causes endomembrane protein accumulation at the pre-vacuolar compartment and impairs gravitropic response in Arabidopsis thaliana. Biochem J. 2014;460:177-85 pubmed publisher..This compound and the resistant Arabidopsis accessions may be used as a resource in future studies to better understand endomembrane trafficking in plants. ..
- Davoine C, Abreu I, Khajeh K, Blomberg J, Kidd B, Kazan K, et al. Functional metabolomics as a tool to analyze Mediator function and structure in plants. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179640 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that different Mediator subunits are involved in specific signaling pathways that control developmental processes and tolerance to pathogen infections. ..