Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
- Morikawa M, Koinuma D, Mizutani A, Kawasaki N, Holmborn K, Sundqvist A, et al. BMP Sustains Embryonic Stem Cell Self-Renewal through Distinct Functions of Different KrÃ¼ppel-like Factors. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:64-73 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrates that BMP exerts its self-renewing effect through distinct functions of different KrÃ¼ppel-like factors. ..
- Holmborn K, Habicher J, Kasza Z, Eriksson A, Filipek Gorniok B, Gopal S, et al. On the roles and regulation of chondroitin sulfate and heparan sulfate in zebrafish pharyngeal cartilage morphogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33905-16 pubmed
- Carlsson G, Patring J, Ullerås E, Oskarsson A. Developmental toxicity of albendazole and its three main metabolites in zebrafish embryos. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;32:129-37 pubmed publisher..Chemical analysis showed that at sublethal concentrations, most of ABZ was metabolized to ABZSO. The results demonstrate that in zebrafish embryos ABZ rather than ABZSO displays developmental toxicity...
- Sundstrom G, Larsson T, Larhammar D. Phylogenetic and chromosomal analyses of multiple gene families syntenic with vertebrate Hox clusters. BMC Evol Biol. 2008;8:254 pubmed publisher..The gene duplicates presumably provided raw material in early vertebrate evolution for neofunctionalization and subfunctionalization. ..
- Fredriksson R, Sjödin P, Larson E, Conlon J, Larhammar D. Cloning and characterization of a zebrafish Y2 receptor. Regul Pept. 2006;133:32-40 pubmed..Y2 from zebrafish binds very poorly to the Y2-specific antagonist BIIE0246. Our pharmacological characterization supports our previous conclusions regarding the binding pocket of BIIE0246 in the human Y2 receptor. ..
- Gloriam D, Bjarnadóttir T, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Schioth H, Fredriksson R. The repertoire of trace amine G-protein-coupled receptors: large expansion in zebrafish. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2005;35:470-82 pubmed..The evolutionary history of the TA-receptors is more complex than for most other GPCR families and here we suggest a mechanism by which they may have arisen...
- Park H, Marklund S, Jeon J, Mickelson J, Valberg S, Sandberg K, et al. Molecular characterization and mutational screening of the PRKAG3 gene in the horse. Cytogenet Genome Res. 2003;102:211-6 pubmed publisher..The results will facilitate future studies of the possible functional significance of PRKAG3 polymorphisms in horses...
- Ringholm A, Fredriksson R, Poliakova N, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Larhammar D, et al. One melanocortin 4 and two melanocortin 5 receptors from zebrafish show remarkable conservation in structure and pharmacology. J Neurochem. 2002;82:6-18 pubmed
- Mattsson A, Ullerås E, Patring J, Oskarsson A. Albendazole causes stage-dependent developmental toxicity and is deactivated by a mammalian metabolization system in a modified zebrafish embryotoxicity test. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;34:31-42 pubmed publisher..To conclude, the modified zebrafish embryotoxicity test with MAS can be expanded for assessment of metabolites at different developmental stages...
- Fredriksson R, Larson E, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Larhammar D. Novel neuropeptide Y Y2-like receptor subtype in zebrafish and frogs supports early vertebrate chromosome duplications. J Mol Evol. 2004;58:106-14 pubmed..The Y7 receptor supports the theory of early vertebrate genome duplications and suggests that the Y family of receptors is a result of these early genome duplications. ..