Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on treatment outcome in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Topic: treatment outcome
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Henriques T, Olerud C, Bergman A, Jonsson H. Distractive flexion injuries of the subaxial cervical spine treated with anterior plate alone. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2004;17:1-7 pubmed..We believe these findings substantiate the use of anterior plate alone for DF injuries at stage 1 and 2 but disqualify anterior plate fixation alone for DF injuries at stage 3, with neurologic injury present. ..
- Berg T, Axelsson S, Engstrom M, Stjernquist Desatnik A, Pitkaranta A, Kanerva M, et al. The course of pain in Bell's palsy: treatment with prednisolone and valacyclovir. Otol Neurotol. 2009;30:842-6 pubmed publisher..The incidence of pain was similar during the first 2 weeks and then decreased. Presence of pain at Days 11 to 17 indicated a worse prognosis for facial recovery. ..
- Wadstrom J, Haggman M. Laparoscopic nephropexy exposes a possible underlying pathogenic mechanism and allows successful treatment with tissue gluing of the kidney and fixation of the colon to the lateral abdominal wall. Int Braz J Urol. 2010;36:10-7 pubmed
- Johansson P, Lindahl E. Locking-in effects due to early interventions? An evaluation of a multidisciplinary screening programs for avoiding long-term sickness. Eval Rev. 2012;36:323-45 pubmed publisher..Our main explanation for this discouraging result is that the team focuses too much on rehabilitation rather than encouraging the sick-listed individual to return to work. ..
- Ekeblad S, Sundin A, Janson E, Welin S, Granberg D, Kindmark H, et al. Temozolomide as monotherapy is effective in treatment of advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2986-91 pubmed..Temozolomide as monotherapy had acceptable toxicity and antitumoral effects in a small series of patients with advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors and four of these showed radiologic responses. ..
- Norlén O, Hessman O, Stalberg P, Akerstrom G, Hellman P. Prophylactic cholecystectomy in midgut carcinoid patients. World J Surg. 2010;34:1361-7 pubmed publisher..We recommend that prophylactic cholecystectomy is liberally performed during laparotomy for MGC if patients are planned to undergo treatment with somatostatin analogs. ..
- Blomberg H, Svennblad B, Michaelsson K, Byberg L, Johansson J, Gedeborg R. Prehospital trauma life support training of ambulance caregivers and the outcomes of traffic-injury victims in Sweden. J Am Coll Surg. 2013;217:1010-9.e1-2 pubmed publisher..98; 95% CI, 0.92-1.05). In this observational study, the implementation of PHTLS training did not appear to be associated with reduced mortality or ability to return to work after motor-vehicle traffic injuries. ..
- Björkman S, Folkesson A, Jönsson S. Pharmacokinetics and dose requirements of factor VIII over the age range 3-74 years: a population analysis based on 50 patients with long-term prophylactic treatment for haemophilia A. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2009;65:989-98 pubmed publisher..However, plausible starting doses for most patients would be 1,000 U every other day. FVIII levels should then be checked for dose adjustment. ..
- Palm A, Midgren B, Janson C, Lindberg E. Gender differences in patients starting long-term home mechanical ventilation due to obesity hypoventilation syndrome. Respir Med. 2016;110:73-8 pubmed publisher..In spite of this, there is no gender difference in survival rate in patients with OHS treated with LTMV. More and older patients with OHS nowadays gain access to LTMV. ..
- Kaderi M, Norberg M, Murray F, Merup M, Sundstrom C, Roos G, et al. The BCL-2 promoter (-938C>A) polymorphism does not predict clinical outcome in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leukemia. 2008;22:339-43 pubmed..Taken together, our data do not support the use of the (-938C>A) BCL-2 polymorphism as a prognostic marker in CLL and argue against its postulated role in modulating Bcl-2 levels. ..
- Hijazi Z, Oldgren J, Andersson U, Connolly S, Ezekowitz M, Hohnloser S, et al. Cardiac biomarkers are associated with an increased risk of stroke and death in patients with atrial fibrillation: a Randomized Evaluation of Long-term Anticoagulation Therapy (RE-LY) substudy. Circulation. 2012;125:1605-16 pubmed publisher..Cardiac biomarkers seem useful for improving risk prediction in AF beyond currently used clinical variables. ..
- Alfonsson S, Parling T, Ghaderi A. Group behavioral activation for patients with severe obesity and binge eating disorder: a randomized controlled trial. Behav Modif. 2015;39:270-94 pubmed publisher..However, future studies need to investigate whether effects of BA on binge eating might emerge later than at post-assessment, as in interpersonal psychotherapy for bulimia nervosa. ..
- MÃ¶rtzell Henriksson M, Newman E, Witt V, Derfler K, Leitner G, Eloot S, et al. Adverse events in apheresis: An update of the WAA registry data. Transfus Apher Sci. 2016;54:2-15 pubmed publisher..We present side effects in relation to the procedures and suggest that safety is increased by regular vital sign measurements, cardiac monitoring and by having emergency equipment nearby. ..
- Eriksson B. New drugs in neuroendocrine tumors: rising of new therapeutic philosophies?. Curr Opin Oncol. 2010;22:381-6 pubmed publisher..Whether the new therapies prolong survival of the patients should also be established. ..
- Stridh Ekman G, Ringbäck Weitoft G, Nyren O, Dickman P, Ericsson O, Struwe J. National surveillance of surgical-site infection through register-based analysis of antibiotic use after inguinal hernia repair. Br J Surg. 2010;97:1722-9 pubmed publisher..Surveillance of postoperative antibiotic use may be considered as a resource-saving surrogate marker for surgical-site infections or an indicator of inappropriate use. ..
- Granström T, Forsman H, Lindholm Olinder A, Gkretsis D, Eriksson J, Granstam E, et al. Patient-reported outcomes and visual acuity after 12months of anti-VEGF-treatment for sight-threatening diabetic macular edema in a real world setting. Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2016;121:157-165 pubmed publisher..Our study revealed that anti-VEGF treatment improved visual acuity and central retinal thickness as well as patient-reported outcome in real world 12months after treatment start. ..
- Wadelius M, Pirmohamed M. Pharmacogenetics of warfarin: current status and future challenges. Pharmacogenomics J. 2007;7:99-111 pubmed..Implementation of pre-prescription genotyping and individualized warfarin therapy represents an opportunity to minimize the risk of haemorrhage without compromising effectiveness. ..
- Hedberg J, Zacharias H, Janson L, Sundbom M. Preoperative Slow-Release Morphine Reduces Need of Postoperative Analgesics and Shortens Hospital Stay in Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass. Obes Surg. 2016;26:757-61 pubmed publisher..At our department, the studied regime is now routinely used in all bariatric surgery and we have started to use the concept in other groups of surgical patients. ..
- Birgegard G, Dahl F, Glimelius B, Landegren U. Evaluation of beta globin mRNA as an early marker of haemoglobin response to epoetin treatment. Med Oncol. 2007;24:318-22 pubmed..Compared to reticulocyte count, beta-globin mRNA is more reliable in the individual patient, but the clinical usefulness of the assay needs to be evaluated in further studies. ..
- Djavani K, Wanhainen A, Valtysson J, Bjorck M. Colonic ischaemia and intra-abdominal hypertension following open repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. Br J Surg. 2009;96:621-7 pubmed publisher..90. Peak IAP values correlated with the simultaneously measured pHi (r = -0.39, P = 0.003). Raised IAP is an important mechanism behind colonic hypoperfusion after rAAA repair. Monitoring IAP and timely intervention may improve outcome. ..
- Nowak J, Holgersson M, Larsson S. Can we predict long-term sequelae after fractures of the clavicle based on initial findings? A prospective study with nine to ten years of follow-up. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2004;13:479-86 pubmed..Patients with predictive risk factors, such as fractures with no bony contact or displacement, especially if comminuted, and also elderly patients with fractures should be considered for more active treatment options. ..
- Lannfelt L, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Batsman S, Ames D, Harrison J, et al. Safety, efficacy, and biomarker findings of PBT2 in targeting Abeta as a modifying therapy for Alzheimer's disease: a phase IIa, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Neurol. 2008;7:779-86 pubmed publisher..Future trials that are larger and longer will establish if the effects of PBT2 on biomarkers and cognition that are reported here translate into clinical effectiveness. ..
- Ronne Engstrom E, Enblad P, Lundström E. Outcome after spontaneous subarachnoid hemorrhage measured with the EQ-5D. Stroke. 2011;42:3284-6 pubmed publisher..Younger age and female gender predicted worse health status regarding anxiety/depression. The evaluation of the EQ-5D reveals age-related differences in the nature of the challenges faced by these patients. ..
- Fellstrom B, Abedini S, Holdaas H, Jardine A, Staffler B, Gimpelewicz C. No detrimental effect on renal function during long-term use of fluvastatin in renal transplant recipients in the Assessment of Lescol in Renal Transplantation (ALERT) study. Clin Transplant. 2006;20:732-9 pubmed..Fluvastatin treatment for the prevention of cardiac events may therefore be used without fear of jeopardizing renal function. ..
- Svensson E, Aweeka F, Park J, Marzan F, Dooley K, Karlsson M. Model-based estimates of the effects of efavirenz on bedaquiline pharmacokinetics and suggested dose adjustments for patients coinfected with HIV and tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:2780-7 pubmed publisher..However, exposure to M3 would increase. Evaluation in clinical trials of adjusted regimens is necessary to ensure appropriate dosing for HIV-infected TB patients on an EFV-based regimen. ..
- Ström H, Mallmin H, Milbrink J, Petrén Mallmin M, Nivbrant B, Kolstad K. The cone hip stem: a prospective study of 13 patients followed for 5 years with RSA. Acta Orthop Scand. 2003;74:525-30 pubmed..We conclude that the uncemented Cone stem used in dysplastic hips has shown a good clinical outcome so far and was found to be stable on conventional radiographs and using RSA technique. ..
- Pettersson D, Holm T, Iversen H, Blomqvist L, Glimelius B, Martling A. Preoperative short-course radiotherapy with delayed surgery in primary rectal cancer. Br J Surg. 2012;99:577-83 pubmed publisher..This study examined early toxicity, response to radiotherapy (RT) and short-term outcomes of SRT-delay...
- SandÃ©n P, Renlund H, Svensson P, SjÃ¤lander A. Warfarin treatment complications do not correlate to cTTR when above 70. Thromb Res. 2015;136:1185-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that at very high cTTR levels, above 70%, further improvements in cTTR do not correlate to less treatment complications at least for patients with AF. ..
- Velikyan I, Sundin A, Sorensen J, Lubberink M, Sandström M, Garske Román U, et al. Quantitative and qualitative intrapatient comparison of 68Ga-DOTATOC and 68Ga-DOTATATE: net uptake rate for accurate quantification. J Nucl Med. 2014;55:204-10 pubmed publisher..SUV did not correlate linearly with Ki and thus may not reflect the SSTR density accurately at its higher values, whereas Ki might be the outcome measure of choice for quantification of SSTR density and assessment of treatment outcome. ..
- Waller P, Rydzik A, Ljungström B, Tornquist M. Towards the eradication of Haemonchus contortus from sheep flocks in Sweden. Vet Parasitol. 2006;136:367-72 pubmed
- Biglarnia A, Wadstrom J, Tufveson G, Eriksson B. Pulmonary nocardiosis with brain abscess in a sensitized kidney transplant recipient with a history of repeated graft loss and HLA-antibody depletion treatment--a case report. Ups J Med Sci. 2008;113:111-6 pubmed..The present case report exemplifies this opportunistic infection and gives an overview of the literature. ..
- Terent A. [PROGRESS--a trial on blood pressure lowering after stroke and TIA. ACE inhibitors and diuretics reduce the risk of new stroke]. Lakartidningen. 2002;99:2286-8, 2291 pubmed
- Dalberg K, Johansson H, Signomklao T, Rutqvist L, Bergkvist L, Frisell J, et al. A randomised study of axillary drainage and pectoral fascia preservation after mastectomy for breast cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2004;30:602-9 pubmed..However, it yielded a significantly higher incidence of seroma. Seroma formation and the chest wall recurrence rate was not significantly influenced by the preservation of the pectoral fascia or not. ..
- Sörelius K, Mani K, Björck M, Nyman R, Wanhainen A. Endovascular repair of mycotic aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 2009;50:269-74 pubmed publisher..Further research is warranted to evaluate long-term outcome. ..
- Caballero Corbalan J, Eich T, Lundgren T, Foss A, Felldin M, Källen R, et al. No beneficial effect of two-layer storage compared with UW-storage on human islet isolation and transplantation. Transplantation. 2007;84:864-9 pubmed..The present study suggests that the ischemic tolerance of human pancreata cannot be extended by TLM preservation. In addition, TLM does not seem to improve the isolation outcome for pancreata from elderly donors. ..
- Acosta Ruiz V, LÃ¶nnemark M, Brekkan E, Dahlman P, Wernroth L, Magnusson A. Predictive factors for complete renal tumor ablation using RFA. Acta Radiol. 2016;57:886-93 pubmed publisher..These variables need to be considered to increase primary ablation success. Further studies are needed to evaluate the effect of RFA on histopathologically different renal tumors. ..
- Alfonsson S, Olsson E, Hursti T. Motivation and Treatment Credibility Predicts Dropout, Treatment Adherence, and Clinical Outcomes in an Internet-Based Cognitive Behavioral Relaxation Program: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Med Internet Res. 2016;18:e52 pubmed publisher..Clinicaltrials.gov NCT02535598; http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02535598 (Archived by WebCite at http://www.webcitation.org/6fl38ms7y). ..
- Sandbu R, Khamis H, Gustavsson S, Haglund U. Long-term results of antireflux surgery indicate the need for a randomized clinical trial. Br J Surg. 2002;89:225-30 pubmed..The aim of this study was to compare the effectiveness of laparoscopic and open procedures...
- Kaldo V, Levin S, Widarsson J, Buhrman M, Larsen H, Andersson G. Internet versus group cognitive-behavioral treatment of distress associated with tinnitus: a randomized controlled trial. Behav Ther. 2008;39:348-59 pubmed publisher..At pretreatment patients rated the Internet treatment as less credible than the group treatment. In conclusion, Internet treatment for tinnitus distress merits further investigation, as the outcomes achieved are promising. ..
- Arakelian E, Gunningberg L, Larsson J, Norlén K, Mahteme H. Factors influencing early postoperative recovery after cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2011;37:897-903 pubmed publisher..However, there is little data on patients' recovery process after this complex treatment. This study aimed to describe the in-hospital postoperative recovery and factors related to the recovery of patients who undergo CRS and HIPEC...
- Johansson E, Steineck G, Holmberg L, Johansson J, Nyberg T, Ruutu M, et al. Long-term quality-of-life outcomes after radical prostatectomy or watchful waiting: the Scandinavian Prostate Cancer Group-4 randomised trial. Lancet Oncol. 2011;12:891-9 pubmed publisher..US National Institutes of Health; Swedish Cancer Society; Foundation in Memory of Johanna Hagstrand and Sigfrid Linnér. ..
- Malmstrom P. Improved patient outcomes with BCG immunotherapy vs. chemotherapy - Swedish and worldwide experience. Eur Urol. 2000;37 Suppl 1:16-20 pubmed..Trials with combinations of BCG-mitomycin C or epirubicin-interferon have yielded promising results. ..
- Zhou W, Jirstrom K, Johansson C, Amini R, Blomqvist C, Agbaje O, et al. Long-term survival of women with basal-like ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: a population-based cohort study. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:653 pubmed publisher..Molecular subtyping was a better prognostic parameter than histopathological grade. ..
- Christersson C, Oldgren J, Wallentin L, Siegbahn A. Treatment with an oral direct thrombin inhibitor decreases platelet activity but increases markers of inflammation in patients with myocardial infarction. J Intern Med. 2011;270:215-23 pubmed publisher..Further studies with prolonged exposure of oral DTIs are needed for evaluation of the effect on inflammatory processes and to determine whether these agents influence clinical outcomes. ..
- Mani M, Semb G, Andlin Sobocki A. Nasolabial appearance in adults with repaired unilateral cleft lip and palate: Relation between professional and lay rating and patients' satisfaction. J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2010;44:191-8 pubmed publisher..Judgement of nasolabial appearance in adults with repaired UCLP differs among professionals, lay people, and patients. This should be considered when deciding about secondary surgical treatment of signs of clefts. ..
- Aghazadeh A, Rutger Persson G, Renvert S. A single-centre randomized controlled clinical trial on the adjunct treatment of intra-bony defects with autogenous bone or a xenograft: results after 12 months. J Clin Periodontol. 2012;39:666-73 pubmed publisher..Limited evidence exists on the efficacy of regenerative treatment of peri-implantitis...
- Fazio N, Granberg D, Grossman A, Saletan S, Klimovsky J, Panneerselvam A, et al. Everolimus plus octreotide long-acting repeatable in patients with advanced lung neuroendocrine tumors: analysis of the phase 3, randomized, placebo-controlled RADIANT-2 study. Chest. 2013;143:955-962 pubmed publisher..4-fold compared with placebo plus octreotide LAR. These clinically significant observations support the continued evaluation of everolimus treatment regimens in this patient population. ClinicalTrials.gov; No.: NCT00412061 ..
- Edmark L, Ostberg E, Scheer H, Wallquist W, Hedenstierna G, Zetterström H. Preserved oxygenation in obese patients receiving protective ventilation during laparoscopic surgery: a randomized controlled study. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2016;60:26-35 pubmed publisher..31. A CPAP of 10 cmH2 O during pre-oxygenation and induction, followed by PEEP after intubation, seemed to preserve oxygenation during anaesthesia. Post-operative oxygenation depended on the FIO2 used during emergence. ..
- Tiensuu Janson E, Eriksson B, Oberg K, Skogseid B, Ohrvall U, Nilsson S, et al. Treatment with high dose [(111)In-DTPA-D-PHE1]-octreotide in patients with neuroendocrine tumors--evaluation of therapeutic and toxic effects. Acta Oncol. 1999;38:373-7 pubmed..We conclude that treatment with [(111)In-DTPA-D-Phe1]-octreotide can be used in patients with neuroendocrine tumors but blood parameters have to be carefully monitored to avoid severe side effects. ..
- Gustafsson U, Graf W. Excision of anal fistula with closure of the internal opening: functional and manometric results. Dis Colon Rectum. 2002;45:1672-8 pubmed..A decrease in continence is seen also after this kind of surgery for anal fistula. Manometric results suggest that this is associated with an impaired internal anal sphincter function. ..
- Varenhorst C, Alström U, Scirica B, Hogue C, Asenblad N, Storey R, et al. Factors contributing to the lower mortality with ticagrelor compared with clopidogrel in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012;60:1623-30 pubmed publisher..Platelet Inhibition and Patient Outcomes [PLATO]; NCT00391872). ..
- Witthaut J, Jones G, Skrepnik N, Kushner H, Houston A, Lindau T. Efficacy and safety of collagenase clostridium histolyticum injection for Dupuytren contracture: short-term results from 2 open-label studies. J Hand Surg Am. 2013;38:2-11 pubmed publisher..The JOINT I (United States) and JOINT II (Australia and Europe) studies evaluated the efficacy and safety of collagenase clostridium histolyticum (CCH) injection for the treatment of Dupuytren contracture...
- Naver H, Swartling C, Aquilonius S. Palmar and axillary hyperhidrosis treated with botulinum toxin: one-year clinical follow-up. Eur J Neurol. 2000;7:55-62 pubmed..We find intracutaneous injections of botulinum toxin with this technique safe and effective, and due to the relatively long duration of effect the treatment should be recommended before sympathectomy for focal hyperhidrosis. ..
- Birgisson H, Pahlman L, Gunnarsson U, Glimelius B. Late gastrointestinal disorders after rectal cancer surgery with and without preoperative radiation therapy. Br J Surg. 2008;95:206-13 pubmed..i. 1.07 to 8.31)). The risk of small bowel obstruction was also related to the radiation technique and energy used. Small bowel obstruction is more common in patients with rectal cancer treated with preoperative radiation therapy. ..
- Malmstrom P, Sylvester R, Crawford D, Friedrich M, Krege S, Rintala E, et al. An individual patient data meta-analysis of the long-term outcome of randomised studies comparing intravesical mitomycin C versus bacillus Calmette-Guérin for non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer. Eur Urol. 2009;56:247-56 pubmed publisher..Prior intravesical chemotherapy was not a confounder. There were no statistically significant differences regarding progression, overall survival, and cancer-specific survival between the two treatments. ..
- Diener H, Connolly S, Ezekowitz M, Wallentin L, Reilly P, Yang S, et al. Dabigatran compared with warfarin in patients with atrial fibrillation and previous transient ischaemic attack or stroke: a subgroup analysis of the RE-LY trial. Lancet Neurol. 2010;9:1157-1163 pubmed publisher..corrected] Most effects of both dabigatran doses were consistent in patients with versus those without previous stroke or transient ischaemic attack. Boehringer Ingelheim. ..
- Edholm D, Sundbom M. Comparison between circular- and linear-stapled gastrojejunostomy in laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass--a cohort from the Scandinavian Obesity Registry. Surg Obes Relat Dis. 2015;11:1233-6 pubmed publisher..Follow-up rate at 6 weeks and 1 year was 96% and 73%, respectively. CS was found to be associated with disadvantages regarding operative time, hospital stay, and postoperative complications compared with LS. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Seidal T, Akerud H. The relationship of the angiogenesis regulators VEGF-A, VEGF-R1 and VEGF-R2 to p53 status and prognostic factors in epithelial ovarian carcinoma in FIGO-stages I-II. Int J Oncol. 2016;48:998-1006 pubmed publisher..Therefore, one of the greatest challenges in ovarian cancer research, is to discover predictive and prognostic biomarkers. ..
- Axelsson L, Landström E, Bylund Fellenius A. Experimental colitis induced by dextran sulphate sodium in mice: beneficial effects of sulphasalazine and olsalazine. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 1998;12:925-34 pubmed..SASP and OLZ are able to ameliorate the DSS-induced intestinal inflammation. The dose-response patterns suggested that the active therapeutic moiety for the two drugs appears to be mainly the liberated 5-ASA molecule. ..
- Ersryd S, Djavani Gidlund K, Wanhainen A, Bjorck M. Editor's Choice - Abdominal Compartment Syndrome After Surgery for Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: A Nationwide Population Based Study. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016;52:158-65 pubmed publisher..ACS and OA were common after treatment for rAAA. ACS is a devastating complication after surgery for rAAA and iAAA, irrespective of operative technique, emphasizing the importance of prevention. ..
- Steuer J, Horte L, Lindahl B, Stahle E. Impact of perioperative myocardial injury on early and long-term outcome after coronary artery bypass grafting. Eur Heart J. 2002;23:1219-27 pubmed..Enzyme elevation after CABG implied an increased risk of both early and late death. The long-term effect persisted many years after surgery. ..
- Beshara S, Barany P, Gutierrez A, Wikstrom B. Varying intervals of subcutaneous epoetin alfa in hemodialysis patients. J Nephrol. 2004;17:525-30 pubmed..In HD patients, the optimal injection frequency should be individually adjusted. Prolonged intervals can be applied to patients with low-dose requirements. Observing iron status and inflammation is necessary for optimal response. ..
- Stallberg B, Ekstrom T, Neij F, Olsson P, Skoogh B, Wennergren G, et al. A real-life cost-effectiveness evaluation of budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy in asthma. Respir Med. 2008;102:1360-70 pubmed publisher..001). This study reports direct cost savings with budesonide/formoterol maintenance and reliever therapy compared with conventional treatment regimens with at least equivalent efficacy. ..
- Ljunggren O, Bolinder J, Johansson L, Wilding J, Langkilde A, Sjöström C, et al. Dapagliflozin has no effect on markers of bone formation and resorption or bone mineral density in patients with inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus on metformin. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2012;14:990-9 pubmed publisher..No fractures were reported. Dapagliflozin had no effect on markers of bone formation and resorption or BMD after 50 weeks of treatment in both male and post-menopausal female patients whose T2DM was inadequately controlled on metformin. ..
- Saiepour D, Messo E, Hedlund A, Nowinski D. Radiologic and long-term clinical outcome from treatment of isolated medial orbital wall blowout fractures. J Craniofac Surg. 2012;23:1252-5 pubmed..Complete reconstruction of the most posterior part of the medial orbital wall seems to be of lesser importance...
- Rystedt A, Nyholm D, Naver H. Clinical experience of dose conversion ratios between 2 botulinum toxin products in the treatment of cervical dystonia. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2012;35:278-82 pubmed publisher..7 (Botox:Dysport). The adverse events reported at this point were fewer for the patients treated. In this study, the most appropriate dose conversion ratio to use when switching from Botox to Dysport was 1:1.7. ..
- Wallentin L, Lopes R, Hanna M, Thomas L, Hellkamp A, Nepal S, et al. Efficacy and safety of apixaban compared with warfarin at different levels of predicted international normalized ratio control for stroke prevention in atrial fibrillation. Circulation. 2013;127:2166-76 pubmed publisher..The benefits of apixaban compared with warfarin for stroke or systemic embolism, bleeding, and mortality appear similar across the range of centers' and patients' predicted quality of international normalized ratio control. ..
- Bergqvist D, Parsson H, Sherif A. Arterio-ureteral fistula--a systematic review. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2001;22:191-6 pubmed..Arterio-ureteral fistula is rare and should be suspected in patients with complicated pelvic surgery and massive haematuria, especially where rigid ureteral stents have been placed. ..
- Sundberg A, Almqvist Y, Orlova A, Blomquist E, Jensen H, Gedda L, et al. Combined effect of gefitinib ('Iressa', ZD1839) and targeted radiotherapy with 211At-EGF. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2003;30:1348-56 pubmed..These results indicate that combined treatment with gefitinib might increase the effect of ligand-mediated radionuclide therapy in gefitinib-resistant tumours and decrease the effect of such therapy in gefitinib-sensitive tumours...
- Hallberg P, Lind L, Billberger K, Michaelsson K, Karlsson J, Kurland L, et al. Transforming growth factor beta1 genotype and change in left ventricular mass during antihypertensive treatment--results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation versus Atenolol (SILVHIA). Clin Cardiol. 2004;27:169-73 pubmed..The TGF-beta1 G + 915C polymorphism is related to the change in LVMI in response to antihypertensive treatment with the AT1-receptor antagonist irbesartan. ..
- Vedin O, Hagström E, Stewart R, Brown R, Krug Gourley S, Davies R, et al. Secondary prevention and risk factor target achievement in a global, high-risk population with established coronary heart disease: baseline results from the STABILITY study. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2013;20:678-85 pubmed publisher..Although, most patients were receiving evidence-based secondary preventive therapy many subjects from all regions did not reach recommended secondary prevention goals. ..
- Cherif H, Axdorph U, Kalin M, Bjorkholm M. Clinical experience of granulocyte transfusion in the management of neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies and severe infection. Scand J Infect Dis. 2013;45:112-6 pubmed publisher..The results further underline the need for well- designed, randomized, prospective trials to determine the efficacy of this intervention in patients with life-threatening infectious complications. ..
- Erlinge D, Götberg M, Lang I, Holzer M, Noc M, Clemmensen P, et al. Rapid endovascular catheter core cooling combined with cold saline as an adjunct to percutaneous coronary intervention for the treatment of acute myocardial infarction. The CHILL-MI trial: a randomized controlled study of the use of central venous ca. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:1857-65 pubmed publisher..Efficacy of Endovascular Catheter Cooling Combined With Cold Saline for the Treatment of Acute Myocardial Infarction [CHILL-MI]; NCT01379261). ..
- ..The vigilance methods used for medication are very much applicable to all these new fields, though more and different expertise will be needed to evaluate outcomes. ..
- Kc A, MÃ¥lqvist M, Rana N, Ranneberg L, Andersson O. Effect of timing of umbilical cord clamping on anaemia at 8 and 12 months and later neurodevelopment in late pre-term and term infants; a facility-based, randomized-controlled trial in Nepal. BMC Pediatr. 2016;16:35 pubmed publisher..Clinical trial.gov NCT02222805 . Registered August 19 2014. ..
- Carlbring P, Nilsson Ihrfelt E, Waara J, Kollenstam C, Buhrman M, Kaldo V, et al. Treatment of panic disorder: live therapy vs. self-help via the Internet. Behav Res Ther. 2005;43:1321-33 pubmed..80 for the Internet group and d=0.93 for the live group. The results from this study generally provide evidence to support the continued use and development of Internet-distributed self-help programs. ..
- Wikstrom B, Bhandari S, Barany P, Kalra P, Ladefoged S, Wilske J, et al. Iron isomaltoside 1000: a new intravenous iron for treating iron deficiency in chronic kidney disease. J Nephrol. 2011;24:589-96 pubmed publisher..Iron isomaltoside 1000 was clinically well tolerated, safe and effective. This new intravenous iron may offer a further valuable choice in treating the anemia of CKD. ..
- Smit J, Darcy C, Audolfsson T, Hartman E, Acosta R. Multilayer reconstructions for defects overlying the Achilles tendon with the lateral-arm flap: long-term follow-up of 16 cases. Microsurgery. 2012;32:438-44 pubmed publisher..The aim of this report is to share the experience the authors gained with this type of reconstruction. The authors report the largest series in the published reports today...
- Wallentin L, Lindhagen L, Ärnström E, Husted S, Janzon M, Johnsen S, et al. Early invasive versus non-invasive treatment in patients with non-ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome (FRISC-II): 15 year follow-up of a prospective, randomised, multicentre study. Lancet. 2016;388:1903-1911 pubmed publisher..Swedish Heart-Lung Foundation, Swedish Foundation for Strategic Research, and Uppsala Clinical Research Center. ..
- Kurland L, Liljedahl U, Karlsson J, Kahan T, Malmqvist K, Melhus H, et al. Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms: relationship to blood pressure response to antihypertensive treatment. Results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation vs Atenolol (SILVHIA) trial. Am J Hypertens. 2004;17:8-13 pubmed..Despite this limitation, these results illustrate the potential of using SNP genotyping as a pharmacogenetic tool in antihypertensive treatment. ..
- Engstrom M, Berg T, Stjernquist Desatnik A, Axelsson S, Pitkaranta A, Hultcrantz M, et al. Prednisolone and valaciclovir in Bell's palsy: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre trial. Lancet Neurol. 2008;7:993-1000 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to compare the short-term and long-term effects of prednisolone and valaciclovir in the recovery of the affected facial nerve in a large number of patients...
- Granlund A, Karlson B, Elvin A, Rasmussen I. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous cholecystostomy in high-risk surgical patients. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2001;386:212-7 pubmed..USGPC is a procedure with few complications and a high success rate. In patients with acalculous cholecystitis as well as in many patients with calculous cholecystitis, no further treatment was needed. ..
- Van De Velde C, Boelens P, Borras J, Coebergh J, Cervantes A, Blomqvist L, et al. EURECCA colorectal: multidisciplinary management: European consensus conference colon & rectum. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1.e1-1.e34 pubmed publisher..Diagnostic and treatment algorithms were developed to implement the current evidence and to define core treatment guidance for multidisciplinary team management of colon and rectal cancer throughout Europe. ..
- Lewitt M, Strage E, Church D. An individual approach to feline diabetes care: a case report and literature review. Acta Vet Scand. 2016;58:63 pubmed..More frequent insulin injections than recommended in the literature may be necessary to achieve glycemic control and used as an alternative to a longer-acting insulin. ..
- Hallberg P, Karlsson J, Lind L, Michaelsson K, Kurland L, Kahan T, et al. Gender-specific association between preproendothelin-1 genotype and reduction of systolic blood pressure during antihypertensive treatment--results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation versus Atenolol (SILVHIA). Clin Cardiol. 2004;27:287-90 pubmed
- Gunes A, Melkersson K, Scordo M, Dahl M. Association between HTR2C and HTR2A polymorphisms and metabolic abnormalities in patients treated with olanzapine or clozapine. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;29:65-8 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, both HTR2C and HTR2A gene polymorphisms seem to be associated with the occurrence of metabolic abnormalities in patients treated with olanzapine or clozapine. ..
- Gillespie U, Alassaad A, Henrohn D, Garmo H, Hammarlund Udenaes M, Toss H, et al. A comprehensive pharmacist intervention to reduce morbidity in patients 80 years or older: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Intern Med. 2009;169:894-900 pubmed publisher..If implemented on a population basis, the addition of pharmacists to health care teams would lead to major reductions in morbidity and health care costs. ..
- Hu K, Berenjian S, Larsson R, Gullbo J, Nygren P, Lövgren T, et al. Nanoparticulate Quillaja saponin induces apoptosis in human leukemia cell lines with a high therapeutic index. Int J Nanomedicine. 2010;5:51-62 pubmed..The nontoxic BBE blocked the cell killing effect of KGI in a concentration-dependent manner. In conclusion, the formulation of QS into nanoparticles has the potential of becoming a new class of anticancer agents...