Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tissue distribution in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Topic: tissue distribution
- Ling M, Hotta E, Kilianova Z, Haitina T, Ringholm A, Johansson L, et al. The melanocortin receptor subtypes in chicken have high preference to ACTH-derived peptides. Br J Pharmacol. 2004;143:626-37 pubmed..5 We also show the presence of prohormone convertase 1 (PC1) and PC2 genes in chicken, and that these peptides are coexpressed with proopiomelanocortin (POMC) in various tissues. ..
- Eklund G, Grawe K, Oskarsson A. Bioavailability of cadmium from infant diets in newborn rats. Arch Toxicol. 2001;75:522-30 pubmed
- Khalifa S, Friberg U, Illing R, Rask Andersen H. Synaptophysin immunohistochemistry in the human cochlea. Hear Res. 2003;185:35-42 pubmed..In the basal cochlea in the organ of Corti, outer hair cell area, there may be alterations due to noise trauma from the drilling procedure. ..
- Göransson V, Johnsson C, Nylander O, Hansell P. Renomedullary and intestinal hyaluronan content during body water excess: a study in rats and gerbils. J Physiol. 2002;542:315-22 pubmed..The decreased papillary HA level during water loading and the slow and small diuretic response may represent a genetic difference in adaptation to enhance the ability to conserve water in an arid environment. ..
- Frisk P, Molin Y, Ilback N. Tissue uptake of mercury is changed during the course of a common viral infection in mice. Environ Res. 2008;106:178-84 pubmed..The pathophysiological interpretation of these preliminary findings requires further research. ..
- Tran T, Ekblad T, Orlova A, Sandström M, Feldwisch J, Wennborg A, et al. Effects of lysine-containing mercaptoacetyl-based chelators on the biodistribution of 99mTc-labeled anti-HER2 Affibody molecules. Bioconjug Chem. 2008;19:2568-76 pubmed publisher..Multiple lysine residues in the chelator are, however, undesirable due to elevated uptake both in the liver and kidneys. ..
- Eriksson O, Josephsson R, Langstrom B, Bergstrom M. Positron emission tomography and target-controlled infusion for precise modulation of brain drug concentration. Nucl Med Biol. 2008;35:299-303 pubmed publisher..The experimental setup with computerized pump infusion and PET supervision enables accurate setting of target tissue drug concentration. ..
- Durbeej M, Henry M, Ferletta M, Campbell K, Ekblom P. Distribution of dystroglycan in normal adult mouse tissues. J Histochem Cytochem. 1998;46:449-57 pubmed..We suggest that dystroglycan is involved in linking basement membranes to epithelial and muscle cells. Dystroglycan may be important for the maintenance of tissue integrity. ..
- Enqvist S, Sletten K, Stevens F, Hellman U, Westermark P. Germ line origin and somatic mutations determine the target tissues in systemic AL-amyloidosis. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e981 pubmed..Eventual identification of such determinants could lead to improved treatment of patients with AL amyloidosis. ..
- Janssen R, Budd G, Damen W, Prpic N. Evidence for Wg-independent tergite boundary formation in the millipede Glomeris marginata. Dev Genes Evol. 2008;218:361-70 pubmed publisher..The proposed mechanism is similar to the mechanism used to establish the AP boundary in Drosophila wings and ventral pleura. ..
- Borg K, Tjälve H. Effect of thiram and dithiocarbamate pesticides on the gastrointestinal absorption and distribution of nickel in mice. Toxicol Lett. 1988;42:87-98 pubmed..For thiram, an accumulation of nickel was observed in the pancreatic islets. The results are discussed in relation to the formation of chelates between nickel and the studied compounds or their metabolites...
- Jacobsson J, Stephansson O, Fredriksson R. C6ORF192 forms a unique evolutionary branch among solute carriers (SLC16, SLC17, and SLC18) and is abundantly expressed in several brain regions. J Mol Neurosci. 2010;41:230-42 pubmed publisher..Expression profiling by quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction and in situ hybridization showed that C6ORF192 transcript can be detected in several tissues, both in the central nervous system and the periphery. ..
- Sandström M, Velikyan I, Garske Román U, Sorensen J, Eriksson B, Granberg D, et al. Comparative biodistribution and radiation dosimetry of 68Ga-DOTATOC and 68Ga-DOTATATE in patients with neuroendocrine tumors. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:1755-9 pubmed publisher..68)Ga-DOTATOC and (68)Ga-DOTATATE are 2 radiolabeled somatostatin analogs for in vivo diagnosis of neuroendocrine tumors with PET. The aim of the present work was to measure their comparative biodistribution and radiation dosimetry...
- Wu C, Soderhall K, Söderhäll I. Two novel ficolin-like proteins act as pattern recognition receptors for invading pathogens in the freshwater crayfish Pacifastacus leniusculus. Proteomics. 2011;11:2249-64 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that FLPs function as pattern recognition receptors in the immune response of crayfish. ..
- Sandberg D, Tolmachev V, Velikyan I, Olofsson H, Wennborg A, Feldwisch J, et al. Intra-image referencing for simplified assessment of HER2-expression in breast cancer metastases using the Affibody molecule ABY-025 with PET and SPECT. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1337-1346 pubmed publisher..Tracer binding to shed HER2 in serum might affect quantification in the extreme case. ..
- Sundberg J, Oskarsson A, Bergman K. Milk transfer of inorganic mercury to suckling rats. Interaction with selenite. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1991;28:27-38 pubmed..However, selenite treatment of the dams did not cause any increased tissue levels of mercury in the suckling offspring...
- Glynn A, Ilbäck N, Brabencova D, Carlsson L, Enqvist E, Netzel E, et al. Influence of sodium selenite on 203Hg absorption, distribution, and elimination in male mice exposed to methyl203Hg. Biol Trace Elem Res. 1993;39:91-107 pubmed..The results indicate that selenium treatment of MeHg-exposed mice may have a positive effect on the health of the animals by decreasing the total body burden of MeHg...
- Lundgren S, Carling T, Hjälm G, Juhlin C, Rastad J, Pihlgren U, et al. Tissue distribution of human gp330/megalin, a putative Ca(2+)-sensing protein. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:383-92 pubmed..It may constitute a protein of utmost importance to adult and fetal calcium homeostasis, although other important functions may also be coupled to this exceptionally large protein with highly restricted tissue distribution. ..
- Fredriksson R, Larson E, Yan Y, Postlethwait J, Larhammar D. Novel neuropeptide Y Y2-like receptor subtype in zebrafish and frogs supports early vertebrate chromosome duplications. J Mol Evol. 2004;58:106-14 pubmed..The Y7 receptor supports the theory of early vertebrate genome duplications and suggests that the Y family of receptors is a result of these early genome duplications. ..
- Portela Gomes G, Stridsberg M, Johansson H, Grimelius L. Complex co-localization of chromogranins and neurohormones in the human gastrointestinal tract. J Histochem Cytochem. 1997;45:815-22 pubmed..The varying composition of the different chromogranins may reflect their complex functional roles in the widespread neuroendocrine system. ..
- Sundberg J, Jonsson S, Karlsson M, Oskarsson A. Lactational exposure and neonatal kinetics of methylmercury and inorganic mercury in mice. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1999;154:160-9 pubmed..Thus, differences in kinetics indicate that lactational exposure of methylmercury is a greater hazard for the breast-fed infant than inorganic mercury...
- Bouw M, Xie R, Tunblad K, Hammarlund Udenaes M. Blood-brain barrier transport and brain distribution of morphine-6-glucuronide in relation to the antinociceptive effect in rats--pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modelling. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;134:1796-804 pubmed..Half the effect delay of M6G can be explained by transport across the BBB, suggesting that the remaining effect delay of 53 min is a result of drug distribution within the brain tissue or rate-limiting mechanisms at the receptor level. ..
- Lundell I, Eriksson H, Marklund U, Larhammar D. Cloning and characterization of the guinea pig neuropeptide Y receptor Y5. Peptides. 2001;22:357-63 pubmed..Thus the pharmacological profile of the guinea pig Y5 receptor agrees well with that reported for the Y5 receptor from other cloned species. ..
- Jenkins Z, Hååg P, Johansson H. Human eIF5A2 on chromosome 3q25-q27 is a phylogenetically conserved vertebrate variant of eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5A with tissue-specific expression. Genomics. 2001;71:101-9 pubmed..Our findings lend further support for a specialized gene expression program of polyamine metabolic proteins and regulators that function to maintain polyamine homeostasis at elevated levels during spermatogenesis. ..
- Mume E, Orlova A, Larsson B, Nilsson A, Nilsson F, Sjöberg S, et al. Evaluation of ((4-hydroxyphenyl)ethyl)maleimide for site-specific radiobromination of anti-HER2 affibody. Bioconjug Chem. 2005;16:1547-55 pubmed..Biodistribution studies in nude mice bearing SK-OV-3 xenografts have shown tumor accumulation of 4.8 +/- 2.2% IA/g and good tumor-to-normal tissue ratios...
- Malmberg J, Sandström M, Wester K, Tolmachev V, Orlova A. Comparative biodistribution of imaging agents for in vivo molecular profiling of disseminated prostate cancer in mice bearing prostate cancer xenografts: focus on 111In- and 125I-labeled anti-HER2 humanized monoclonal trastuzumab and ABY-025 affibody. Nucl Med Biol. 2011;38:1093-102 pubmed publisher..The influence of (111)In vs. (125)I radiolabel was evaluated for both tracers...
- Poorafshar M, Hellman L. Cloning and structural analysis of leydin, a novel human serine protease expressed by the Leydig cells of the testis. Eur J Biochem. 1999;261:244-50 pubmed..However, leydin may also be activated by a trypsin-like enzyme, possibly by auto catalysis. ..
- Hammarlund Udenaes M. Active-site concentrations of chemicals - are they a better predictor of effect than plasma/organ/tissue concentrations?. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2010;106:215-20 pubmed publisher..However, there is an urgent need to collect more relevant data for predicting active site concentrations in tissues with active transporters in their plasma membranes. ..
- Olsson P, Bornhauser B, Korhonen L, Lindholm D. Neuronal expression of the ERM-like protein MIR in rat brain and its localization to human chromosome 6. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:879-83 pubmed..The presence of MIR in brain neurons during development together with its known effects on neurite outgrowth suggest an important function of the protein in the regulation of nerve cell motility and cytoskeletal interactions. ..
- Andersson A, Venables P, Tönjes R, Scherer J, Eriksson L, Larsson E. Developmental expression of HERV-R (ERV3) and HERV-K in human tissue. Virology. 2002;297:220-5 pubmed..Pol/Int was not possible to quantitate. It appears that ERV3 is expressed in an organ-specific way during embryogenesis and might suggest a possible role in the development and differentiation of human tissues. ..
- Fredriksson R, Hägglund M, Olszewski P, Stephansson O, Jacobsson J, Olszewska A, et al. The obesity gene, FTO, is of ancient origin, up-regulated during food deprivation and expressed in neurons of feeding-related nuclei of the brain. Endocrinology. 2008;149:2062-71 pubmed publisher..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that FTO could participate in the central control of energy homeostasis. ..
- Salmivirta K, Talts J, Olsson M, Sasaki T, Timpl R, Ekblom P. Binding of mouse nidogen-2 to basement membrane components and cells and its expression in embryonic and adult tissues suggest complementary functions of the two nidogens. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:188-201 pubmed..These findings revealed extensive coregulation of nidogen-1 and -2 expression and much more complementary functions of the two nidogens than previously recognized. ..
- Lagerström M, Rabe N, Haitina T, Kalnina I, Hellström A, Klovins J, et al. The evolutionary history and tissue mapping of GPR123: specific CNS expression pattern predominantly in thalamic nuclei and regions containing large pyramidal cells. J Neurochem. 2007;100:1129-42 pubmed..The CNS specific expression, together with the high sequence conservation between the vertebrate sequences investigated, indicate that GPR123 may have an important role in the regulation of neuronal signal transduction. ..
- Carlsson J, Ren Z, Wester K, Sundberg A, Heldin N, Hesselager G, et al. Planning for intracavitary anti-EGFR radionuclide therapy of gliomas. Literature review and data on EGFR expression. J Neurooncol. 2006;77:33-45 pubmed..Instead, it is likely that the penetration properties of the targeting agents are critical, and detailed studies on this are urgent. ..
- Tolmachev V, Bernhardt P, Forssell Aronsson E, Lundqvist H. 114mIn, a candidate for radionuclide therapy: low-energy cyclotron production and labeling of DTPA-D-phe-octreotide. Nucl Med Biol. 2000;27:183-8 pubmed..The high radionuclide uptake in the tumors indicates a good receptor binding of the labeled octreotide...
- Mårs U, Tolmachev V, Sundin A. Positron emission tomography of experimental melanoma with. Nucl Med Biol. 2000;27:845-9 pubmed..These results show the possibility of using [(76)Br]5-bromo-2-thiouracil for PET diagnostics of melanoma, including dosimetry, prior to targeted therapy using [(131)I]5-iodo-2-thiouracil or [(211)At]5-astato-2-thiouracil...
- J nsson M, Woodin B, Stegeman J, Brunstr m B. Cytochrome p450 1 genes in birds: evolutionary relationships and transcription profiles in chicken and Japanese quail embryos. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28257 pubmed publisher..Determining CYP1 catalytic functions in different species should indicate the evolving roles of these duplicated genes in physiological and toxicological processes...
- Kim J, Daniel G. Distribution of glucomannans and xylans in poplar xylem and their changes under tension stress. Planta. 2012;236:35-50 pubmed publisher..Differences in GM and xylan distribution are also discussed for the same functional cells found in hardwoods and softwoods. ..
- Henriksson J, Tjälve H. Uptake of inorganic mercury in the olfactory bulbs via olfactory pathways in rats. Environ Res. 1998;77:130-40 pubmed
- Franzen P, ten Dijke P, Ichijo H, Yamashita H, Schulz P, Heldin C, et al. Cloning of a TGF beta type I receptor that forms a heteromeric complex with the TGF beta type II receptor. Cell. 1993;75:681-92 pubmed..These results suggest that signal transduction by TGF beta involves the formation of a heteromeric complex of two different serine/threonine kinase receptors. ..
- Amin K, Janson C, Seveus L, Miyazaki K, Virtanen I, Venge P. Uncoordinated production of Laminin-5 chains in airways epithelium of allergic asthmatics. Respir Res. 2005;6:110 pubmed..The uncoordinated production of chains of ln-5 in allergic asthma could have a bearing on the poor epithelial cell anchorage in these patients. ..