Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on substrate specificity in Stockholm, Sweden
Locale: Stockholm, Sweden
Topic: substrate specificity
- Zhang Y, Jayawardena H, Yan M, Ramström O. Enzyme classification using complex dynamic hemithioacetal systems. Chem Commun (Camb). 2016;52:5053-6 pubmed publisher..A probe lipase was further categorized using the training matrix with predicted reactivity. ..
- Patel D, Re S, Wu E, Qi Y, Klebba P, Widmalm G, et al. Dynamics and Interactions of OmpF and LPS: Influence on Pore Accessibility and Ion Permeability. Biophys J. 2016;110:930-8 pubmed publisher..There are LPS environmental influences on the movement of bulk ions (K(+) and Cl(-)), but the ion selectivity of OmpF is mainly affected by bulk ion concentration. ..
- He Q, Skog S. Involvement of a substrate cycle between thymidine and thymidylate in the regulation of DNA precursor pool in ehrlich ascites tumour. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2002;12:305-14 pubmed..In this case, dTMPase could not act with TK1 together to form a pair of reaction, leading to an elevated concentration of intracellular dTMP and a dramatically excretion of dTdR into the ascites fluid. ..
- Hurd Y, Yakovleva T, Nussenzweig A, Li G, Terenius L, Bakalkin G. A novel neuron-specific DNA end-binding factor in the murine brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1999;14:213-24 pubmed..Since DNA end-binding factors are generally involved in DNA repair, the same function may be suggested for the novel factor identified in the present study. ..
- Yakovleva T, Pramanik A, Kawasaki T, Tan No K, Gileva I, Lindegren H, et al. p53 Latency. C-terminal domain prevents binding of p53 core to target but not to nonspecific DNA sequences. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:15650-8 pubmed..Such p53-DNA interactions may occur if latent p53 binding to DNA via CTD prevents the interaction of the core domain with target DNA sites but not with nonspecific DNA sequences. ..
- Lundström Ljung J, Birnbach U, Rupp K, Söling H, Holmgren A. Two resident ER-proteins, CaBP1 and CaBP2, with thioredoxin domains, are substrates for thioredoxin reductase: comparison with protein disulfide isomerase. FEBS Lett. 1995;357:305-8 pubmed..Thus, the well known activity of PDI is not unique in the endoplasmic reticulum and CaBP1 and CaBP2 may be regarded as functional equivalents. ..
- Facciola G, Hidestrand M, von Bahr C, Tybring G. Cytochrome P450 isoforms involved in melatonin metabolism in human liver microsomes. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2001;56:881-8 pubmed
- Liljebris C, Baranczewski P, Björkstrand E, Byström S, Lundgren B, Tjernberg A, et al. Oxidation of protein tyrosine phosphatases as a pharmaceutical mechanism of action: a study using 4-hydroxy-3,3-dimethyl-2H-benzo[g]indole-2,5(3H)-dione. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2004;309:711-9 pubmed..Furthermore, although such compounds display interesting biological effects in vitro and in vivo, their general pharmaceutical utility may be limited due to undesired effects on P450 enzymes. ..
- Eriksson J, Gharizadeh B, Nourizad N, Nyrén P. 7-Deaza-2'-deoxyadenosine-5'-triphosphate as an alternative nucleotide for the pyrosequencing technology. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2004;23:1583-94 pubmed..Both analogs show high stability after long time storage at + 8 degrees C. Furthermore, with the new nucleotide a read length of up to 100 bases was obtained for several templates from fungi, bacteria and viruses. ..
- Master E, Rudsander U, Zhou W, Henriksson H, Divne C, Denman S, et al. Recombinant expression and enzymatic characterization of PttCel9A, a KOR homologue from Populus tremula x tremuloides. Biochemistry. 2004;43:10080-9 pubmed
- Tan T, Spadiut O, Wongnate T, Sucharitakul J, Krondorfer I, Sygmund C, et al. The 1.6 Å crystal structure of pyranose dehydrogenase from Agaricus meleagris rationalizes substrate specificity and reveals a flavin intermediate. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e53567 pubmed publisher..PDH was rapidly reduced by 3-fluorinated glucose, which has the C2 position accessible for oxidation, whereas 2-fluorinated glucose performed poorly (C3 accessible), indicating that the glucose C2 position is the primary site of attack. ..
- Faridani O, McInerney G, Gradin K, Good L. Specific ligation to double-stranded RNA for analysis of cellular RNA::RNA interactions. Nucleic Acids Res. 2008;36:e99 pubmed publisher..As examples, we mapped dsRNA/single-stranded RNA junctions within Escherichia coli hok mRNA and the human immunodeficiency virus TAR element using RNA from bacteria and mammalian cells. ..
- Svensson S, Hoog J, Schneider G, Sandalova T. Crystal structures of mouse class II alcohol dehydrogenase reveal determinants of substrate specificity and catalytic efficiency. J Mol Biol. 2000;302:441-53 pubmed..This is consistent with hydrogen transfer from an alcoholate intermediate where the Pro/His replacement focuses on the function of the enzyme. ..
- Zheng H, Worrall C, Shen H, Issad T, Seregard S, Girnita A, et al. Selective recruitment of G protein-coupled receptor kinases (GRKs) controls signaling of the insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7055-60 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates distinct roles for GRK isoforms in IGF-1R signaling through ?-arrestin binding with divergent functional outcomes. ..
- Nikoshkov A, Lajic S, Holst M, Wedell A, Luthman H. Synergistic effect of partially inactivating mutations in steroid 21-hydroxylase deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;82:194-9 pubmed
- Akhoondi S, Sun D, von der Lehr N, Apostolidou S, Klotz K, Maljukova A, et al. FBXW7/hCDC4 is a general tumor suppressor in human cancer. Cancer Res. 2007;67:9006-12 pubmed..Our study is the first comprehensive screen of FBXW7 mutations in various human malignancies and shows that FBXW7 is a general tumor suppressor in human cancer. ..
- Munch Petersen B, Cloos L, Tyrsted G, Eriksson S. Diverging substrate specificity of pure human thymidine kinases 1 and 2 against antiviral dideoxynucleosides. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:9032-8 pubmed..The much lower tolerance for modifications of the deoxyribose moiety of TK2 as compared to TK1 is important for the design of new antiviral nucleoside analogues intended for use in cells with different expression of TK1 and TK2. ..
- Wallden K, Nordlund P. Structural basis for the allosteric regulation and substrate recognition of human cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase II. J Mol Biol. 2011;408:684-96 pubmed publisher..These structures provide a comprehensive structural basis for the design of cN-II inhibitors. They also contribute to the understanding of how the nucleotide salvage pathway is regulated at a molecular level. ..
- Collins R, Johansson A, Karlberg T, Markova N, van den Berg S, Olesen K, et al. Biochemical discrimination between selenium and sulfur 1: a single residue provides selenium specificity to human selenocysteine lyase. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30581 pubmed publisher..Our findings thus provide molecular insights into a key level of control in human selenium and selenoprotein turnover and metabolism. ..
- Hoglund L, Reichard P. Cytoplasmic 5'(3')-nucleotidase from human placenta. J Biol Chem. 1990;265:6589-95 pubmed..This requires the participation of one or several 5'-nucleotidases. The 5'(3')-nucleotidase may be one such enzyme. ..
- Oscarson M, McLellan R, Asp V, Ledesma M, Bernal Ruiz M, Sinues B, et al. Characterization of a novel CYP2A7/CYP2A6 hybrid allele (CYP2A6*12) that causes reduced CYP2A6 activity. Hum Mutat. 2002;20:275-83 pubmed..The CYP2A6(*)12 allele was present at an allele frequency of 2.2% among Spaniards, but was absent in Chinese. ..
- Haeggstrom J, Wetterholm A, Shapiro R, Vallee B, Samuelsson B. Leukotriene A4 hydrolase: a zinc metalloenzyme. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1990;172:965-70 pubmed..The catalytic activity is almost completely restored by the addition of stoichiometric amounts of Zn2+ or Co2+. ..
- Stsiapanava A, Tholander F, Kumar R, Qureshi A, Niegowski D, Hasan M, et al. Product formation controlled by substrate dynamics in leukotriene A4 hydrolase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:439-46 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the observed difference in product profile between the human and the xlLTA4H arises from different level of discrimination between substrate LTA4 conformers. ..
- Yu F, Järver P, Nygren P. Tailor-making a protein a-derived domain for efficient site-specific photocoupling to Fc of mouse IgG?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56597 pubmed publisher..This result indicates that the use of a site-specific and affinity probe-mediated conjugation strategy can result in antibody reagents with increased assay sensitivity. ..
- Karlsson A, Johansson M, Eriksson S. 2 cloning and expression of mouse deoxycytidine kinase. Pure recombinant mouse and human enzymes show differences in substrate specificity. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:24374-8 pubmed..Mouse dCK was less efficient with regard to dAdo, dGuo, and ddCyd phosphorylation as compared with human dCK when using ATP as phosphate donor in a phosphoryl transfer assay. ..
- Svensson L, Jemth A, Desroses M, Loseva O, Helleday T, Högbom M, et al. Crystal structure of human MTH1 and the 8-oxo-dGMP product complex. FEBS Lett. 2011;585:2617-21 pubmed publisher..The binding of the product induces no major structural changes. The structures reveal the mode of nucleotide binding in MTH1 and provide the structural basis for inhibitor design. ..
- Gad A, Aspenstrom P. Rif proteins take to the RhoD: Rho GTPases at the crossroads of actin dynamics and membrane trafficking. Cell Signal. 2010;22:183-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data available to date indicate that Rif and RhoD have unique roles in the regulation of actin dynamics, and that RhoD can link actin reorganisation to endosomal vesicle transport. ..
- Xu Y, Johansson M, Karlsson A. Human UMP-CMP kinase 2, a novel nucleoside monophosphate kinase localized in mitochondria. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1563-71 pubmed
- Klement M, Ojemyr L, Tagscherer K, Widmalm G, Wieslander A. A processive lipid glycosyltransferase in the small human pathogen Mycoplasma pneumoniae: involvement in host immune response. Mol Microbiol. 2007;65:1444-57 pubmed publisher..This, as well as other purified M. pneumoniae glycolipid species, is important antigens in early infections, as revealed from ELISA screens with patient IgM sera, highlighting new aspects of glycolipid function...
- Sjostrom M, Jakobsson P, Heimburger M, Palmblad J, Haeggstrom J. Human umbilical vein endothelial cells generate leukotriene C4 via microsomal glutathione S-transferase type 2 and express the CysLT(1) receptor. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2578-86 pubmed..Moreover, HUVEC were found to express the CysLT1 receptor in line with a paracrine and autocrine role for cysteinyl-leukotrienes in endothelial cell function. ..
- Strömberg P, Svensson S, Berst K, Plapp B, Höög J. Enzymatic mechanism of low-activity mouse alcohol dehydrogenase 2. Biochemistry. 2004;43:1323-8 pubmed..The pK values are not lowered by the Pro47 to His substitution, suggesting that His47 does not act as a catalytic base in the deprotonation of the zinc ligand. ..
- Leibiger B, Leibiger I, Moede T, Kemper S, Kulkarni R, Kahn C, et al. Selective insulin signaling through A and B insulin receptors regulates transcription of insulin and glucokinase genes in pancreatic beta cells. Mol Cell. 2001;7:559-70 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for selectivity in insulin action via the two isoforms of the insulin receptor, the molecular basis being preferential signaling through different PI3K and protein kinases. ..
- Romert A, Tuvendal P, Tryggvason K, Dencker L, Eriksson U. Gene structure, expression analysis, and membrane topology of RDH4. Exp Cell Res. 2000;256:338-45 pubmed..Furthermore, the lumenal orientation of the enzyme domain in the ER suggests that oxidation of both cis-isomers of retinol occurs in the ER. ..
- Nikoshkov A, Lajic S, Vlamis Gardikas A, Tranebjaerg L, Holst M, Wedell A, et al. Naturally occurring mutants of human steroid 21-hydroxylase (P450c21) pinpoint residues important for enzyme activity and stability. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:6163-5 pubmed..These results directly link the clinical situation with the three mutations and suggest that G291 is important for the catalytic activity of P450c21. ..
- Tholander F, Muroya A, Roques B, Fournie Zaluski M, Thunnissen M, Haeggstrom J. Structure-based dissection of the active site chemistry of leukotriene A4 hydrolase: implications for M1 aminopeptidases and inhibitor design. Chem Biol. 2008;15:920-9 pubmed publisher..Our data provide detailed insights to the active site chemistry of M1 aminopeptidases and will aid in the development of novel enzyme inhibitors. ..
- Baumann M, Eklöf J, Michel G, Kallas A, Teeri T, Czjzek M, et al. Structural evidence for the evolution of xyloglucanase activity from xyloglucan endo-transglycosylases: biological implications for cell wall metabolism. Plant Cell. 2007;19:1947-63 pubmed
- Ahmad S, Niegowski D, Wetterholm A, Haeggstrom J, Morgenstern R, Rinaldo Matthis A. Catalytic characterization of human microsomal glutathione S-transferase 2: identification of rate-limiting steps. Biochemistry. 2013;52:1755-64 pubmed publisher..MGST2 and LTC4S exhibit distinct catalytic and mechanistic properties, reflecting adaptation to broad and specific physiological functions, respectively. ..
- von Bahr S, Movin T, Papadogiannakis N, Pikuleva I, Rönnow P, Diczfalusy U, et al. Mechanism of accumulation of cholesterol and cholestanol in tendons and the role of sterol 27-hydroxylase (CYP27A1). Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2002;22:1129-35 pubmed..The results are consistent with the possibility that CYP27A1 is of importance for the efflux of both cholesterol and cholestanol from tendons. ..
- Van Rompay A, Johansson M, Karlsson A. Phosphorylation of nucleosides and nucleoside analogs by mammalian nucleoside monophosphate kinases. Pharmacol Ther. 2000;87:189-98 pubmed..This overview is focused on the substrate specificity, tissue distribution, and subcellular location of the mammalian monophosphate kinases and their role in the activation of nucleoside and nucleotide analogs. ..
- Martinez Molina D, Wetterholm A, Kohl A, McCarthy A, Niegowski D, Ohlson E, et al. Structural basis for synthesis of inflammatory mediators by human leukotriene C4 synthase. Nature. 2007;448:613-6 pubmed
- Huber K, Salah E, Radic B, Gridling M, Elkins J, Stukalov A, et al. Stereospecific targeting of MTH1 by (S)-crizotinib as an anticancer strategy. Nature. 2014;508:222-7 pubmed publisher..Our results propose (S)-crizotinib as an attractive chemical entity for further pre-clinical evaluation, and small-molecule inhibitors of MTH1 in general as a promising novel class of anticancer agents. ..
- Xie Y, Törnkvist M, Aalto Y, Nilsson G, Girnita L, Nagy B, et al. Gene expression profile by blocking the SYT-SSX fusion gene in synovial sarcoma cells. Identification of XRCC4 as a putative SYT-SSX target gene. Oncogene. 2003;22:7628-31 pubmed..Our study provides some clues to elucidate the signaling pathways of the SYT-SSX fusion gene, as well as it demonstrates a valuable model system for search for other SYT-SSX targets. ..
- Kack H, Sandmark J, Gibson K, Schneider G, Lindqvist Y. Crystal structure of diaminopelargonic acid synthase: evolutionary relationships between pyridoxal-5'-phosphate-dependent enzymes. J Mol Biol. 1999;291:857-76 pubmed..From the structure of the non-productive complex of the holoenzyme with the substrate 7-keto-8-aminopelargonic acid the location of the active site and residues involved in substrate binding have been identified. ..
- Karamohamed S, Nyren P. Real-time detection and quantification of adenosine triphosphate sulfurylase activity by a bioluminometric approach. Anal Biochem. 1999;271:81-5 pubmed..1 microU and 50 mU. The method can be used for monitoring and quantification of recombinant ATP sulfurylase activity in Escherichia coli lysate, as well as for detection of the activity during different purification procedures. ..
- Johansson M, Karlsson A. Cloning and expression of human deoxyguanosine kinase cDNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7258-62 pubmed..Our findings suggest that dCK and dGK are evolutionarily related, as well as related to the family of herpes virus thymidine kinases. ..
- Wennerholm A, Dandara C, Sayi J, Svensson J, Abdi Y, Ingelman Sundberg M, et al. The African-specific CYP2D617 allele encodes an enzyme with changed substrate specificity. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2002;71:77-88 pubmed..The differences were caused by the presence of CYP2D6.17 and CYP2D6.29. The results show that CYP2D6.17 exhibits altered substrate specificity compared with CYP2D6.1 and CYP2D6.2. ..
- Humble M, Cassimjee K, Håkansson M, Kimbung Y, Walse B, Abedi V, et al. Crystal structures of the Chromobacterium violaceum?-transaminase reveal major structural rearrangements upon binding of coenzyme PLP. FEBS J. 2012;279:779-92 pubmed publisher..Comparison with other known transaminase crystal structures suggests that ordering of the 'roof' structure may be associated with substrate binding in Cv-?TA and some other transaminases...
- Nordstrand K, slund F, Holmgren A, Otting G, Berndt K. NMR structure of Escherichia coli glutaredoxin 3-glutathione mixed disulfide complex: implications for the enzymatic mechanism. J Mol Biol. 1999;286:541-52 pubmed..A comparison of glutathione binding in Grx3-SG and ligand binding in other members of the thioredoxin superfamily is presented, which illustrates the highly conserved intermolecular interactions in this protein family. ..
- Hassink G, Zhao B, Sompallae R, Altun M, Gastaldello S, Zinin N, et al. The ER-resident ubiquitin-specific protease 19 participates in the UPR and rescues ERAD substrates. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:755-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, USP19 is the first example of a membrane-anchored DUB involved in the turnover of ERAD substrates. ..
- Van Rompay A, Johansson M, Karlsson A. Identification of a novel human adenylate kinase. cDNA cloning, expression analysis, chromosome localization and characterization of the recombinant protein. Eur J Biochem. 1999;261:509-17 pubmed..Based on the substrate specificity and the sequence similarity with the previously identified human adenylate kinases, we have named this novel enzyme adenylate kinase 5. ..
- Borowski T, Bassan A, Siegbahn P. 4-Hydroxyphenylpyruvate dioxygenase: a hybrid density functional study of the catalytic reaction mechanism. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12331-42 pubmed..In addition, the benzylic hydroxylation reaction, catalyzed by 4-hydroxymandelate synthase, was also studied. The results are in good agreement with the experimental findings. ..
- Oppermann U, Persson B, Jornvall H. Function, gene organization and protein structures of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoforms. Eur J Biochem. 1997;249:355-60 pubmed..On the other hand, for adrenal glucocorticoids the type-2 enzyme seems to be exclusively a dehydrogenase and, by inactivating glucocorticoids, confers specificity to peripheral mineralocorticoid receptors. ..
- van Dongen M, Cederberg A, Carlsson P, Enerback S, Wikstrom M. Solution structure and dynamics of the DNA-binding domain of the adipocyte-transcription factor FREAC-11. J Mol Biol. 2000;296:351-9 pubmed..Along with the complementary dynamics, the data provide insight into the fundamentals of sequence specificity within a highly conserved motif. ..
- Stromberg P, Svensson S, Hedberg J, Nordling E, Hoog J. Identification and characterisation of two allelic forms of human alcohol dehydrogenase 2. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2002;59:552-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the Ile308Val substitution represents a novel functional polymorphism within the human alcohol dehydrogenase gene cluster that may affect the metabolism of ethanol and other substrates. ..
- Odegrip R, Haggård Ljungquist E. The two active-site tyrosine residues of the a protein play non-equivalent roles during initiation of rolling circle replication of bacteriophage p2. J Mol Biol. 2001;308:147-63 pubmed..This phenomenon could reflect conformational changes of the protein upon binding to DNA. Finally, we found that a large part of the C terminus but not the N terminus is dispensable for initiation of replication both in vivo and in vitro...
- Aslund F, Ehn B, Miranda Vizuete A, Pueyo C, Holmgren A. Two additional glutaredoxins exist in Escherichia coli: glutaredoxin 3 is a hydrogen donor for ribonucleotide reductase in a thioredoxin/glutaredoxin 1 double mutant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:9813-7 pubmed..The physiological functions of Grx2 and Grx3 remain to be determined. ..
- Eliasson R, Pontis E, Sun X, Reichard P. Allosteric control of the substrate specificity of the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26052-7 pubmed..The similarity of a highly sophisticated control mechanism for the aerobic and anaerobic enzymes suggests that both arose by divergent evolution from a common ancestor, in spite of their different structures. ..
- Wallden K, Stenmark P, Nyman T, Flodin S, Gräslund S, Loppnau P, et al. Crystal structure of human cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase II: insights into allosteric regulation and substrate recognition. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:17828-36 pubmed..By comparing the structure of cytosolic 5'-nucleotidase II with that of mitochondrial 5'(3')-deoxyribonucleotidase in complex with dGMP, we identified residues involved in substrate recognition. ..
- Bhushan S, Stahl A, Nilsson S, Lefebvre B, Seki M, Roth C, et al. Catalysis, subcellular localization, expression and evolution of the targeting peptides degrading protease, AtPreP2. Plant Cell Physiol. 2005;46:985-96 pubmed..thaliana plants. Phylogenetic evidence indicated that AtPreP1 and AtPreP2 are recent gene duplicates that may have diverged through subfunctionalization. ..
- Larsbrink J, Izumi A, Ibatullin F, Nakhai A, Gilbert H, Davies G, et al. Structural and enzymatic characterization of a glycoside hydrolase family 31 ?-xylosidase from Cellvibrio japonicus involved in xyloglucan saccharification. Biochem J. 2011;436:567-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the present study diversifies the toolbox of glycosidases for the specific modification and saccharification of cell wall polymers for biotechnological applications...
- Wahlstedt H, Ohman M. Site-selective versus promiscuous A-to-I editing. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA. 2011;2:761-71 pubmed publisher..We discuss how these two editing events have evolved and the structural differences between a site selective and hyper-edited substrate. ..
- Johansson A, Collins R, ArnÃ©r E, Brzezinski P, HÃ¶gbom M. Biochemical discrimination between selenium and sulfur 2: mechanistic investigation of the selenium specificity of human selenocysteine lyase. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30528 pubmed publisher..Based on these results and previously available data we propose a reaction mechanism whereby the Sec over Cys specificity is achieved using a combination of chemical and physico-mechanical control mechanisms. ..
- Welin M, Egeblad L, Johansson A, Stenmark P, Wang L, Flodin S, et al. Structural and functional studies of the human phosphoribosyltransferase domain containing protein 1. FEBS J. 2010;277:4920-30 pubmed publisher..The data obtained in the present study indicate that PRTFDC1 does not have a direct catalytic role in the nucleotide salvage pathway. ..
- Liu H, Brumovsky P, Schmidt R, Brown W, Payza K, Hodzic L, et al. Receptor subtype-specific pronociceptive and analgesic actions of galanin in the spinal cord: selective actions via GalR1 and GalR2 receptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:9960-4 pubmed..Thus, a selective GalR1 agonist may be used to treat neuropathic pain...
- Yasar U, Annas A, Svensson J, Lazorova L, Artursson P, Al Shurbaji A. Ketobemidone is a substrate for cytochrome P4502C9 and 3A4, but not for P-glycoprotein. Xenobiotica. 2005;35:785-96 pubmed..The data suggest that CYP2C9 and CYP3A4 play a major role in the formation of norketobemidone at clinically relevant concentrations. ..
- Lu G, Dobritzsch D, Baumann S, Schneider G, Konig S. The structural basis of substrate activation in yeast pyruvate decarboxylase. A crystallographic and kinetic study. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:861-8 pubmed..Based on these findings, a possible mechanism for the activation of PDC by its substrate, pyruvate, is proposed. ..
- Bergmark C, Dewan A, Orsoni A, Merki E, Miller E, Shin M, et al. A novel function of lipoprotein [a] as a preferential carrier of oxidized phospholipids in human plasma. J Lipid Res. 2008;49:2230-9 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that Lp[a] is the preferential carrier of PC-containing OxPL in human plasma. This unique property of Lp[a] suggests novel insights into its physiological function and mechanisms of atherogenicity. ..
- Hallberg B, Ericsson U, Johnson K, Andersen N, Douthwaite S, Nordlund P, et al. The structure of the RNA m5C methyltransferase YebU from Escherichia coli reveals a C-terminal RNA-recruiting PUA domain. J Mol Biol. 2006;360:774-87 pubmed..The ribosomal protein interactions would explain why the assembled 30 S subunit, and not naked 16 S rRNA, is the preferred substrate for YebU. ..