Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in Stockholm, Sweden
Locale: Stockholm, Sweden
Topic: signal transduction
Publications288 found, 100 shown here
- Fauriat C, Long E, Ljunggren H, Bryceson Y. Regulation of human NK-cell cytokine and chemokine production by target cell recognition. Blood. 2010;115:2167-76 pubmed publisher..Conceptually, the results point to CD56(dim) NK cells as an important source of cytokines and chemokines upon recognition of aberrant cells, producing graded responses depending on the multiplicity of activating receptors engaged. ..
- Yao Q, Pawlaczyk K, Ayala E, Kuzlan M, Styszynski A, Breborowicz A, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma agonists diminish peritoneal functional and morphological changes induced by bioincompatible peritoneal dialysis solution. Blood Purif. 2006;24:575-82 pubmed..The addition of rosiglitazone to standard dialysis fluids can maintain the peritoneal morphology and increase ultrafiltration in a PD rat model. ..
- Gillberg L, Varsanyi M, Sjöström M, Lördal M, Lindholm J, Hellstrom P. Nitric oxide pathway-related gene alterations in inflammatory bowel disease. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2012;47:1283-97 pubmed publisher..Expression analysis in CD and UC revealed disease-specific regulation of NO-related genes, which might be involved in perpetuating inflammatory disease activity in IBD. ..
- Day F, Ruth K, Thompson D, Lunetta K, Pervjakova N, Chasman D, et al. Large-scale genomic analyses link reproductive aging to hypothalamic signaling, breast cancer susceptibility and BRCA1-mediated DNA repair. Nat Genet. 2015;47:1294-1303 pubmed publisher..Mendelian randomization analyses supported a causal effect of later ANM on breast cancer risk (∼6% increase in risk per year; P = 3 × 10(-14)), likely mediated by prolonged sex hormone exposure rather than DDR mechanisms. ..
- Tamm C, Duckworth J, Hermanson O, Ceccatelli S. High susceptibility of neural stem cells to methylmercury toxicity: effects on cell survival and neuronal differentiation. J Neurochem. 2006;97:69-78 pubmed..The observed effects of MeHg on NSC differentiation offer new perspectives for evaluating the biological significance of MeHg exposure at low levels. ..
- Lavebratt C, Trifunovski A, Persson A, Wang F, Klason T, Ohman I, et al. Carbamazepine protects against megencephaly and abnormal expression of BDNF and Nogo signaling components in the mceph/mceph mouse. Neurobiol Dis. 2006;24:374-83 pubmed..These observations and the effect of CBZ in utero suggest that CBZ treatment might be advantageous in some types of human idiopathic megalencephaly. ..
- Gonon A, Widegren U, Bulhak A, Salehzadeh F, Persson J, Sjöquist P, et al. Adiponectin protects against myocardial ischaemia-reperfusion injury via AMP-activated protein kinase, Akt, and nitric oxide. Cardiovasc Res. 2008;78:116-22 pubmed publisher..05). Adiponectin protects from myocardial contractile dysfunction and limits infarct size following ischaemia and reperfusion by a mechanism involving activation of AMPK and production of NO. ..
- Boekel J, Källskog O, Ryden Aulin M, Rhen M, Richter Dahlfors A. Comparative tissue transcriptomics reveal prompt inter-organ communication in response to local bacterial kidney infection. BMC Genomics. 2011;12:123 pubmed publisher..The data further define marked representation of IFN-? responsive genes and a prompt inter-organ communication as a hallmark of an early local tissue response to infection. ..
- Leibiger B, Leibiger I, Moede T, Kemper S, Kulkarni R, Kahn C, et al. Selective insulin signaling through A and B insulin receptors regulates transcription of insulin and glucokinase genes in pancreatic beta cells. Mol Cell. 2001;7:559-70 pubmed..Our data provide evidence for selectivity in insulin action via the two isoforms of the insulin receptor, the molecular basis being preferential signaling through different PI3K and protein kinases. ..
- Klaile E, Vorontsova O, Sigmundsson K, Müller M, Singer B, Ofverstedt L, et al. The CEACAM1 N-terminal Ig domain mediates cis- and trans-binding and is essential for allosteric rearrangements of CEACAM1 microclusters. J Cell Biol. 2009;187:553-67 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CEACAM1 transmembrane signaling is initiated by adhesion-regulated changes of cis-interactions that are transmitted to the inner phase of the plasma membrane. ..
- Franck M, Stenqvist A, Li L, Hao J, Usoskin D, Xu X, et al. Essential role of Ret for defining non-peptidergic nociceptor phenotypes and functions in the adult mouse. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;33:1385-400 pubmed publisher..Our results show that Ret is critical for expression of several molecular substrates participating in the detection and transduction of sensory stimuli, resulting in altered physiology following Ret deficiency. ..
- Mäe M, Armulik A, Betsholtz C. Getting to know the cast - cellular interactions and signaling at the neurovascular unit. Curr Pharm Des. 2011;17:2750-4 pubmed..We also discuss the usefulness of various model organisms for studies of the brain vasculature. ..
- Altmäe S, Reimand J, Hovatta O, Zhang P, Kere J, Laisk T, et al. Research resource: interactome of human embryo implantation: identification of gene expression pathways, regulation, and integrated regulatory networks. Mol Endocrinol. 2012;26:203-17 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate the first systems biology approach into the complex molecular network of the implantation process in humans. ..
- Viviani B, Rossi A, Chow S, Nicotera P. Triethyltin interferes with Ca2+ signaling and potentiates norepinephrine release in PC12 cells. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 1996;140:289-95 pubmed..Our results suggest that possible neurotoxic effects of TET can derive from its ability to modulate Ca2+ signaling and eventually neurosecretion. ..
- Ryden M, Imamura T, Jornvall H, Belluardo N, Neveu I, Trupp M, et al. A novel type I receptor serine-threonine kinase predominantly expressed in the adult central nervous system. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:30603-9 pubmed..The specific expression pattern of ALK-7, restricted to the postnatal central nervous system, indicates that this receptor may play an important role in the maturation and maintenance of several neuronal subpopulations. ..
- Mustafa W, Mustafa A, Elbakri N, Link H, Adem A. Reduced levels of insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor (IGF-1R) suppress cellular signaling in experimental autoimmune sialadenitis (EAS). J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2001;21:47-54 pubmed..These findings suggest that a reduction in the levels of IGF-1R induces a defective glandular homeostasis in the submandibular gland epithelial cells and triggers EAS. ..
- Gaengel K, Genove G, Armulik A, Betsholtz C. Endothelial-mural cell signaling in vascular development and angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:630-8 pubmed publisher..We further reflect recent data suggesting an important function for Notch3 signaling in mural cell maturation. ..
- Ketelhuth D, Rios F, Wang Y, Liu H, Johansson M, Fredrikson G, et al. Identification of a danger-associated peptide from apolipoprotein B100 (ApoBDS-1) that triggers innate proatherogenic responses. Circulation. 2011;124:2433-43, 1-7 pubmed publisher..Our data show that ApoBDS-1 is a previously unrecognized peptide with robust proinflammatory activity, contributing to the disease-promoting effects of low-density lipoprotein in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. ..
- Adzemovic M, Adzemovic M, Zeitelhofer M, Eriksson U, Olsson T, Nilsson I. Imatinib ameliorates neuroinflammation in a rat model of multiple sclerosis by enhancing blood-brain barrier integrity and by modulating the peripheral immune response. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56586 pubmed publisher..Here we demonstrate that PDGFR-? signaling is a central regulator of BBB integrity during neuroinflammation and therefore imatinib should be considered as a potentially effective treatment for MS. ..
- Soehnlein O, Kai Larsen Y, Frithiof R, Sorensen O, Kenne E, Scharffetter Kochanek K, et al. Neutrophil primary granule proteins HBP and HNP1-3 boost bacterial phagocytosis by human and murine macrophages. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3491-502 pubmed publisher..Thus, we attribute what may be a novel role for PMN granule proteins in regulating the immune response to bacterial infections. ..
- Altmäe S, Stavreus Evers A, Ruiz J, Laanpere M, Syvänen T, Yngve A, et al. Variations in folate pathway genes are associated with unexplained female infertility. Fertil Steril. 2010;94:130-7 pubmed publisher..To investigate associations between folate-metabolizing gene variations, folate status, and unexplained female infertility...
- Baryshev M, Sargsyan E, Wallin G, Lejnieks A, Furudate S, Hishinuma A, et al. Unfolded protein response is involved in the pathology of human congenital hypothyroid goiter and rat non-goitrous congenital hypothyroidism. J Mol Endocrinol. 2004;32:903-20 pubmed
- Vilar M, Murillo Carretero M, Mira H, Magnusson K, Besset V, Ibanez C. Bex1, a novel interactor of the p75 neurotrophin receptor, links neurotrophin signaling to the cell cycle. EMBO J. 2006;25:1219-30 pubmed
- Andersson O, Reissmann E, Ibanez C. Growth differentiation factor 11 signals through the transforming growth factor-beta receptor ALK5 to regionalize the anterior-posterior axis. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:831-7 pubmed..Thus, the transforming growth factor-beta (TGF-beta) receptor ALK5, which until now has only been associated with the biological functions of TGF-beta1 to TGF-beta3 proteins, mediates GDF11 signalling during embryogenesis. ..
- Baudet C, Pozas E, Adameyko I, Andersson E, Ericson J, Ernfors P. Retrograde signaling onto Ret during motor nerve terminal maturation. J Neurosci. 2008;28:963-75 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ret transmits a signal in motor nerve terminals that participate in the organization and maturation of presynaptic specializations during development and during regeneration in the adult. ..
- Carlsson M, Diesner M, Schachtner J, Nassel D. Multiple neuropeptides in the Drosophila antennal lobe suggest complex modulatory circuits. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:3359-80 pubmed publisher..In some neuron types neuropeptides were colocalized with classical neurotransmitters. Our findings suggest a huge complexity in peptidergic signaling in different circuits of the antennal lobe...
- Morita M, Prudent J, Basu K, Goyon V, Katsumura S, Hulea L, et al. mTOR Controls Mitochondrial Dynamics and Cell Survival via MTFP1. Mol Cell. 2017;67:922-935.e5 pubmed publisher..These data provide direct evidence for cell survival upon mTOR inhibition through mitochondrial hyperfusion employing MTFP1 as a critical effector of mTORC1 to govern cell fate decisions. ..
- Eidsmo L, Fluur C, Rethi B, Eriksson Ygberg S, Ruffin N, De Milito A, et al. FasL and TRAIL induce epidermal apoptosis and skin ulceration upon exposure to Leishmania major. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:227-39 pubmed..We propose that activation of Fas and TRAIL apoptosis pathways, in the presence of inflammatory mediators at the site of infection, leads to tissue destruction and ulceration during CL. ..
- Naslund E, Hellstrom P. Appetite signaling: from gut peptides and enteric nerves to brain. Physiol Behav. 2007;92:256-62 pubmed..We have primarily focused on GI effects of various gut peptides involved in the regulation of food intake, using motor activity as a biomarker for the understanding of gut peptide effects promoting satiety. ..
- Selander C, Engblom C, Nilsson G, Scheynius A, Andersson C. TLR2/MyD88-dependent and -independent activation of mast cell IgE responses by the skin commensal yeast Malassezia sympodialis. J Immunol. 2009;182:4208-16 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings indicate that M. sympodialis can activate mast cells and might thus exacerbate the inflammatory response in AE. ..
- Lakiotaki E, Levidou G, Angelopoulou M, Adamopoulos C, Pangalis G, Rassidakis G, et al. Potential role of AKT/mTOR signalling proteins in hairy cell leukaemia: association with BRAF/ERK activation and clinical outcome. Sci Rep. 2016;6:21252 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, expression of p-4E-BP1 alone or combined with p-AKT and p-mTOR is of prognostic value in patients with HCL. ..
- Lilja T, Qi D, Stabell M, Mannervik M. The CBP coactivator functions both upstream and downstream of Dpp/Screw signaling in the early Drosophila embryo. Dev Biol. 2003;262:294-302 pubmed..These results highlight the exceptional sensitivity of components in the TGF-beta signaling pathway to a decline in CBP concentration. ..
- Blokzijl A, Dahlqvist C, Reissmann E, Falk A, Moliner A, Lendahl U, et al. Cross-talk between the Notch and TGF-beta signaling pathways mediated by interaction of the Notch intracellular domain with Smad3. J Cell Biol. 2003;163:723-8 pubmed..These findings indicate that Notch and TGF-beta signals are integrated by direct protein-protein interactions between the signal-transducing intracellular elements from both pathways. ..
- Sjögren B, Hamblin M, Svenningsson P. Cholesterol depletion reduces serotonin binding and signaling via human 5-HT(7(a)) receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2006;552:1-10 pubmed..Altogether, the present study demonstrates that cholesterol depletion decreases binding of both agonist and antagonist radioligands to 5-HT(7) receptors and counteract 5-HT(7) receptor-mediated intracellular signaling...
- Bryja V, Cajanek L, Grahn A, Schulte G. Inhibition of endocytosis blocks Wnt signalling to beta-catenin by promoting dishevelled degradation. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2007;190:55-61 pubmed
- Ibanez C, Ernfors P. Hierarchical control of sensory neuron development by neurotrophic factors. Neuron. 2007;54:673-5 pubmed
- Bryceson Y, Chiang S, Darmanin S, Fauriat C, Schlums H, Theorell J, et al. Molecular mechanisms of natural killer cell activation. J Innate Immun. 2011;3:216-26 pubmed publisher..Responses display cellular heterogeneity and are influenced by environmental cues. This review highlights recent knowledge gained on the molecular pathways for and regulation of NK cell activation. ..
- Söderberg J, Birse R, Nassel D. Insulin production and signaling in renal tubules of Drosophila is under control of tachykinin-related peptide and regulates stress resistance. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e19866 pubmed publisher..Our findings are the first to demonstrate DILP signaling originating in the renal tubules and that this signaling is under control of stress-induced release of peptide hormone. ..
- Ostman A, Frijhoff J, Sandin A, Bohmer F. Regulation of protein tyrosine phosphatases by reversible oxidation. J Biochem. 2011;150:345-56 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of mechanisms leading to selective PTP oxidation in a cellular context, and finding ways to pharmacologically modulate these pathways are important topics for future research. ..
- Amin D, Vodnala S, Masocha W, Sun B, Kristensson K, Rottenberg M. Distinct Toll-like receptor signals regulate cerebral parasite load and interferon ?/? and tumor necrosis factor ?-dependent T-cell infiltration in the brains of Trypanosoma brucei-infected mice. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:320-32 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that innate immune TLR signals stimulate the expression of TNF-? and IFN-?/? that initiate brain invasion of T cells and trypanosomes, and control T. brucei brucei load in the brain by molecules distinct from these. ..
- Månsson Kvarnhammar A, Tengroth L, Adner M, Cardell L. Innate immune receptors in human airway smooth muscle cells: activation by TLR1/2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR7 and NOD1 agonists. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e68701 pubmed publisher..The PRRs might therefore be of therapeutic use in the management of asthma and infection-induced disease exacerbations. ..
- Worrall C, Nedelcu D, Serly J, Suleymanova N, Oprea I, Girnita A, et al. Novel mechanisms of regulation of IGF-1R action: functional and therapeutic implications. Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2013;10:473-84 pubmed..This model should be considered for future design of effective therapies targeting the IGF-1R pathway. ..
- MejÃas PeÃ±a Y, Rodriguez Miguelez P, Fernandez Gonzalo R, MartÃnez FlÃ³rez S, Almar M, de Paz J, et al. Effects of aerobic training on markers of autophagy in the elderly. Age (Dordr). 2016;38:33 pubmed publisher..These results expand knowledge on exercise-induced autophagy adaptations in humans and suggest that the exercise type employed may be a key factor explaining the potential relationship between autophagy and TLR pathways. ..
- Ahmad I, Cimdins A, Beske T, Romling U. Detailed analysis of c-di-GMP mediated regulation of csgD expression in Salmonella typhimurium. BMC Microbiol. 2017;17:27 pubmed publisher..The enzymatic activity and the protein scaffold of GGDEF/EAL domain proteins regulate csgD expression. Thereby, c-di-GMP adjusts csgD expression at multiple levels presumably using a multitude of input signals. ..
- Holmberg J, Clarke D, Frisen J. Regulation of repulsion versus adhesion by different splice forms of an Eph receptor. Nature. 2000;408:203-6 pubmed..We conclude that alternative usage of different splice forms of a tyrosine kinase receptor can mediate cellular adhesion or repulsion during embryonic development. ..
- Andersson E, Tryggvason U, Deng Q, Friling S, Alekseenko Z, Robert B, et al. Identification of intrinsic determinants of midbrain dopamine neurons. Cell. 2006;124:393-405 pubmed..These data establish that Lmx1a and Msx1 are critical intrinsic dopamine-neuron determinants in vivo and suggest that they may be essential tools in cell replacement strategies in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Tahera Y, Meltser I, Johansson P, Hansson A, Canlon B. Glucocorticoid receptor and nuclear factor-kappa B interactions in restraint stress-mediated protection against acoustic trauma. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4430-7 pubmed..These results emphasis how GR activity modulates hearing sensitivity and its importance for the rationale use of glucocorticoids in inner ear diseases. ..
- Bouzakri K, Zachrisson A, Al Khalili L, Zhang B, Koistinen H, Krook A, et al. siRNA-based gene silencing reveals specialized roles of IRS-1/Akt2 and IRS-2/Akt1 in glucose and lipid metabolism in human skeletal muscle. Cell Metab. 2006;4:89-96 pubmed
- Aghajanova L, Skottman H, Strömberg A, Inzunza J, Lahesmaa R, Hovatta O. Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor and its receptors is increased during differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. Fertil Steril. 2006;86:1193-209 pubmed..Added LIF does not prevent spontaneous differentiation. Suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 may prevent LIF signaling in hESCs. ..
- Mascher H, Andersson H, Nilsson P, Ekblom B, Blomstrand E. Changes in signalling pathways regulating protein synthesis in human muscle in the recovery period after endurance exercise. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2007;191:67-75 pubmed..The lack of p70(S6k) activation suggests that translation initiation is activated via alternative pathways, possibly via the activation of eukaryotic initiating factor 2B. ..
- Dehvari N, Isacsson O, Winblad B, Cedazo Minguez A, Cowburn R. Presenilin regulates extracellular regulated kinase (Erk) activity by a protein kinase C alpha dependent mechanism. Neurosci Lett. 2008;436:77-80 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that PSs regulate Erk activity through a PKCalpha dependent pathway and that disruption of PLC/PKC signaling in the absence of both PS1 and PS2 results in lower downstream activation of Erk. ..
- Rundqvist H, Rullman E, Sundberg C, Fischer H, Eisleitner K, Ståhlberg M, et al. Activation of the erythropoietin receptor in human skeletal muscle. Eur J Endocrinol. 2009;161:427-34 pubmed publisher..The receptor activation by acute exercise suggests that signaling through EPOR is involved in exercise-induced skeletal muscle adaptation, thus extending the biological role of EPO into the skeletal muscle. ..
- Shirazi Fard S, Kele J, Vilar M, Paratcha G, Ledda F. Tiam1 as a signaling mediator of nerve growth factor-dependent neurite outgrowth. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9647 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these findings define a novel molecular mechanism through which Tiam1 mediates TrkA signaling and neurite outgrowth induced by NGF. ..
- Gotherstrom C, Lundqvist A, Duprez I, Childs R, Berg L, Le Blanc K. Fetal and adult multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells are killed by different pathways. Cytotherapy. 2011;13:269-78 pubmed publisher..Fetal and adult MSC differ in their interactions with NK cells. Both fetal and adult MSC are susceptible to lysis by activated NK cells, which may have implications for the use of MSC in cell therapy. ..
- Luo J, Becnel J, Nichols C, Nassel D. Insulin-producing cells in the brain of adult Drosophila are regulated by the serotonin 5-HT1A receptor. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2012;69:471-84 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have identified a second inhibitory pathway regulating IPC activity in the Drosophila brain. ..
- Winge M, Hoppe T, Berne B, Vahlquist A, Nordenskjold M, Bradley M, et al. Filaggrin genotype determines functional and molecular alterations in skin of patients with atopic dermatitis and ichthyosis vulgaris. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e28254 pubmed publisher..This involves inflammation, epidermal differentiation, lipid metabolism, cell signalling and adhesion in response to FLG-dependent skin-barrier dysfunction. ..
- Salim H, Akbar N, Zong D, Vaculova A, Lewensohn R, Moshfegh A, et al. miRNA-214 modulates radiotherapy response of non-small cell lung cancer cells through regulation of p38MAPK, apoptosis and senescence. Br J Cancer. 2012;107:1361-73 pubmed publisher..miRNA profiling of LC revealed putative RT resistance signalling circuits, which might help in sensitisation of LC to RT. ..
- Cao R, Ji H, Feng N, Zhang Y, Yang X, Andersson P, et al. Collaborative interplay between FGF-2 and VEGF-C promotes lymphangiogenesis and metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:15894-9 pubmed..Thus, intervention and targeting of the FGF-2- and VEGF-C-induced angiogenic and lymphangiogenic synergism could be potentially important approaches for cancer therapy and prevention of metastasis. ..
- Main H, Radenkovic J, Jin S, Lendahl U, Andersson E. Notch signaling maintains neural rosette polarity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62959 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data indicate that Notch signaling plays a role not only in differentiation, but also in organization and maintenance of polarity during development of the early nervous system. ..
- Knudsen M, Johansson D, Kostic L, Nordström E, Tegerstedt K, Pasetto A, et al. The adjuvant activity of alphavirus replicons is enhanced by incorporating the microbial molecule flagellin into the replicon. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e65964 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have created a recombinant adjuvant that stimulates multiple signaling pathways of innate immunity resulting in a strong and broad antibody response...
- Rothfuchs A, Trumstedt C, Wigzell H, Rottenberg M. Intracellular bacterial infection-induced IFN-gamma is critically but not solely dependent on Toll-like receptor 4-myeloid differentiation factor 88-IFN-alpha beta-STAT1 signaling. J Immunol. 2004;172:6345-53 pubmed..In summary, C. pneumoniae-induced IFN-gamma expression in BMMphi is controlled by a TLR4-MyD88-IFN-alphabeta-STAT1-dependent pathway, as well as by a TLR4-independent pathway leading to NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Castelo Branco G, Rawal N, Arenas E. GSK-3beta inhibition/beta-catenin stabilization in ventral midbrain precursors increases differentiation into dopamine neurons. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5731-7 pubmed..The three- to fivefold increase in DA differentiation of precursor cells by GSK-3beta inhibitors suggests that such compounds could be used to improve stem/precursor cell therapy approaches in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Djerbi M, Malinowski M, Yagita H, Zhivotovsky B, Grandien A. Participation of FLIP, RIP and Bcl-x(L) in Fas-mediated T-cell death. Scand J Immunol. 2007;66:410-21 pubmed..These results indicate that yet uncharacterized signalling pathways from the Fas receptor are critically involved in lymphoproliferative and autoimmune disease observed in lpr mice and autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome patients. ..
- Selg E, Buccellati C, Andersson M, Rovati G, Ezinga M, Sala A, et al. Antagonism of thromboxane receptors by diclofenac and lumiracoxib. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;152:1185-95 pubmed..Development of COX-2 selective inhibitors with dual activity as potent TP antagonists may lead to coxibs with improved cardiovascular safety, as the TP receptor mediates cardiovascular effects of thromboxane A2 and isoprostanes. ..
- Santini E, Heiman M, Greengard P, Valjent E, Fisone G. Inhibition of mTOR signaling in Parkinson's disease prevents L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra36 pubmed publisher..Thus, the mTORC1 signaling cascade represents a promising target for the design of anti-Parkinsonian therapies. ..
- Nomura T, Goritz C, Catchpole T, Henkemeyer M, Frisen J. EphB signaling controls lineage plasticity of adult neural stem cell niche cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2010;7:730-43 pubmed publisher..Our results show that niche cell identity is actively maintained and that niche cells retain a high level of plasticity. ..
- Holmqvist P, Boija A, Philip P, Crona F, Stenberg P, Mannervik M. Preferential genome targeting of the CBP co-activator by Rel and Smad proteins in early Drosophila melanogaster embryos. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1002769 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CBP occupancy in Drosophila embryos preferentially overlaps factors controlling dorso-ventral patterning and that CBP binds silent genes without causing histone hyperacetylation. ..
- Frisan T, Coppotelli G, Dryselius R, Masucci M. Ubiquitin C-terminal hydrolase-L1 interacts with adhesion complexes and promotes cell migration, survival, and anchorage independent growth. FASEB J. 2012;26:5060-70 pubmed publisher..These findings offer new insights on the molecular interactions through which the deubiquitinating enzyme regulates the survival, proliferation, and metastatic potential of malignant cells. ..
- Wickström M, Dyberg C, Shimokawa T, Milosević J, Baryawno N, Fuskevåg O, et al. Targeting the hedgehog signal transduction pathway at the level of GLI inhibits neuroblastoma cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1516-24 pubmed publisher..Taken together this study suggests that inhibition of HH signaling is a highly relevant therapeutic target for high-risk neuroblastoma lacking MYCN amplification and should be considered for clinical testing. ..
- Weitzberg E, Lundberg J. Novel aspects of dietary nitrate and human health. Annu Rev Nutr. 2013;33:129-59 pubmed publisher..In our diet, vegetables are the major source of nitrate that can fuel a nitrate-nitrite-NO pathway. Herein we discuss the nutritional aspects of this pathway and what is presently known about the implications for human health. ..
- BÃ¶ttcher M, Hofmann A, Bruns H, Haibach M, Loschinski R, Saul D, et al. Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Disrupt mTOR-Signaling and Aerobic Glycolysis During T-Cell Activation. Stem Cells. 2016;34:516-21 pubmed publisher..In fact, those features have previously been shown to promote generation of long-lived memory cells and it remains to be elucidated how MSC-induced metabolic effects shape in vivo T-cell immunity. ..
- KÃ¤llenius G, Correia Neves M, Buteme H, Hamasur B, Svenson S. Lipoarabinomannan, and its related glycolipids, induce divergent and opposing immune responses to Mycobacterium tuberculosis depending on structural diversity and experimental variations. Tuberculosis (Edinb). 2016;96:120-30 pubmed publisher
- Busch A, Busch M, Scholz C, Kellersmann R, Otto C, Chernogubova E, et al. Aneurysm miRNA Signature Differs, Depending on Disease Localization and Morphology. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17: pubmed publisher..Tissue morphology influences subsequent research, yet comparison of distinct entities of aneurysm disease can unravel core pathways. ..
- Backhed F, Hornef M. Toll-like receptor 4-mediated signaling by epithelial surfaces: necessity or threat?. Microbes Infect. 2003;5:951-9 pubmed..The present review summarizes the current understanding of TLR4-mediated recognition and addresses specific questions on microbial recognition on mucosal surfaces, with particular emphasis on the gastrointestinal and urinary tract. ..
- Lind S, Kuylenstierna C, Moll M, D Jordö E, Winqvist O, Lundeberg L, et al. IL-18 skews the invariant NKT-cell population via autoreactive activation in atopic eczema. Eur J Immunol. 2009;39:2293-301 pubmed publisher..Based on these findings, we propose that IL-18-mediated activation and subsequent dysregulation of the CD1d-restricted iNKT-cells plays a role in the pathogenesis of human AE. ..
- Günther M, Al Nimer F, Gahm C, Piehl F, Mathiesen T. iNOS-mediated secondary inflammatory response differs between rat strains following experimental brain contusion. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2012;154:689-97 pubmed publisher..Excessive peroxynitrite formation was probably prevented by limitation of available superoxide. Subsequently, the higher expression of potentially deleterious iNOS in PVGa did not result in increased neuronal death. ..
- Lin Z, Tann J, Goh E, Kelly C, Lim K, Gao J, et al. Structural basis of death domain signaling in the p75 neurotrophin receptor. elife. 2015;4:e11692 pubmed publisher..These structures reveal how competitive protein-protein interactions orchestrate the hierarchical activation of downstream pathways in non-catalytic receptors. ..
- Orhan F, Bhat M, Sandberg K, Stahl S, Piehl F, Svensson C, et al. Tryptophan Metabolism Along the Kynurenine Pathway Downstream of Toll-like Receptor Stimulation in Peripheral Monocytes. Scand J Immunol. 2016;84:262-271 pubmed publisher..The results of this study may implicate that TLRs can be used as new drug targets for the regulation of aberrant tryptophan metabolism along this pathway, a potential therapeutic strategy that may be of importance in several disorders. ..
- Okita R, Mougiakakos D, Ando T, Mao Y, Sarhan D, Wennerberg E, et al. HER2/HER3 signaling regulates NK cell-mediated cytotoxicity via MHC class I chain-related molecule A and B expression in human breast cancer cell lines. J Immunol. 2012;188:2136-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we conclude that signaling via the HER2/HER3 pathway in breast carcinoma cell lines may lead to enhanced NKG2D-MICA/B recognition by NK cells and T cells. ..
- Fuxe K, Borroto Escuela D, Marcellino D, Romero Fernandez W, Frankowska M, Guidolin D, et al. GPCR heteromers and their allosteric receptor-receptor interactions. Curr Med Chem. 2012;19:356-63 pubmed..Furthermore, novel therapeutic approaches could be possible based on the use of heteromers as targets for drug development based on their unique pharmacology. ..
- Can G, Akpinar B, Baran Y, Zhivotovsky B, Olsson M. 5-Fluorouracil signaling through a calcium-calmodulin-dependent pathway is required for p53 activation and apoptosis in colon carcinoma cells. Oncogene. 2013;32:4529-38 pubmed publisher..The fact that a widely used therapeutic drug, such as 5-FU, is operating via this pathway could provide new therapeutic intervention points, or specify new combinatorial treatment regimes. ..