Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on ribonucleotide reductases in Stockholm, Sweden
Locale: Stockholm, Sweden
Topic: ribonucleotide reductases
- Eliasson R, Reichard P, Mulliez E, Ollagnier S, Fontecave M, Liepinsh E, et al. The mechanism of the anaerobic Escherichia coli ribonucleotide reductase investigated with nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:28-35 pubmed..Class I and II enzymes catalyze identical reactions. Members of the three classes of reductases apparently use the same chemical mechanism in spite of having completely different protein structures. ..
- Nordstrand K, slund F, Holmgren A, Otting G, Berndt K. NMR structure of Escherichia coli glutaredoxin 3-glutathione mixed disulfide complex: implications for the enzymatic mechanism. J Mol Biol. 1999;286:541-52 pubmed..A comparison of glutathione binding in Grx3-SG and ligand binding in other members of the thioredoxin superfamily is presented, which illustrates the highly conserved intermolecular interactions in this protein family. ..
- Högbom M, Andersson M, Nordlund P. Crystal structures of oxidized dinuclear manganese centres in Mn-substituted class I ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli: carboxylate shifts with implications for O2 activation and radical generation. J Biol Inorg Chem. 2001;6:315-23 pubmed..Probable catalase activity was also observed during the oxidation with H2O2, indicating mechanistic similarities to the di-Mn catalases. ..
- Eliasson R, Pontis E, Eckstein F, Reichard P. Interactions of 2'-modified azido- and haloanalogs of deoxycytidine 5'-triphosphate with the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase of Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26116-20 pubmed..Our results suggest that the chemistry at the nucleotide level for the reduction of ribose by class III enzymes is similar to the chemistry employed by class I and II enzymes. ..
- Zahedi Avval F, Berndt C, Pramanik A, Holmgren A. Mechanism of inhibition of ribonucleotide reductase with motexafin gadolinium (MGd). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:775-9 pubmed publisher..These data can elucidate an important effect of MGd on the cancer cells with overproduction of RNR and its efficacy as an anticancer agent and not only as a general radiosensitizer. ..
- Pontis E, Sun X, Jornvall H, Krook M, Reichard P. ClpB proteins copurify with the anaerobic Escherichia coli reductase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1991;180:1222-6 pubmed..The tight associations suggest the possibility that the ClpB proteins are involved in the regulation of the anaerobic reductase. ..
- Aslund F, Ehn B, Miranda Vizuete A, Pueyo C, Holmgren A. Two additional glutaredoxins exist in Escherichia coli: glutaredoxin 3 is a hydrogen donor for ribonucleotide reductase in a thioredoxin/glutaredoxin 1 double mutant. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:9813-7 pubmed..The physiological functions of Grx2 and Grx3 remain to be determined. ..
- Bianchi V, Eliasson R, Fontecave M, Mulliez E, Hoover D, Matthews R, et al. Flavodoxin is required for the activation of the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;197:792-7 pubmed..Light reduced deazaflavin can substitute for the flavodoxin system. An additional unidentified low-molecular weight component further stimulates the reaction. ..
- Sun X, Harder J, Krook M, Jornvall H, Sjoberg B, Reichard P. A possible glycine radical in anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli: nucleotide sequence of the cloned nrdD gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:577-81 pubmed..F. V., Frey, M., Neugebauer, F. A., Schäfer, W. & Knappe, J. (1992) Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89, 996-1000]. The gene for the anaerobic reductase is located at a position around 96 min on the E. coli genomic map. ..
- Eliasson R, Pontis E, Sun X, Reichard P. Allosteric control of the substrate specificity of the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26052-7 pubmed..The similarity of a highly sophisticated control mechanism for the aerobic and anaerobic enzymes suggests that both arose by divergent evolution from a common ancestor, in spite of their different structures. ..
- Jordan A, Pontis E, Atta M, Krook M, Gibert I, Barbe J, et al. A second class I ribonucleotide reductase in Enterobacteriaceae: characterization of the Salmonella typhimurium enzyme. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12892-6 pubmed..The allosteric regulation of this enzyme differs from that of the normally expressed reductase. ..
- Eliasson R, Pontis E, Fontecave M, Gerez C, Harder J, Jornvall H, et al. Characterization of components of the anaerobic ribonucleotide reductase system from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:25541-7 pubmed..Micromolar concentrations of several chelators inhibit CTP reduction completely, suggesting the involvement of (a) transition metal(s). ..