Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on retrospective studies in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Topic: retrospective studies
Publications115 found, 100 shown here
- Thorleifsdottir R, Eysteinsdóttir J, Olafsson J, Sigurdsson M, Johnston A, Valdimarsson H, et al. Throat Infections are Associated with Exacerbation in a Substantial Proportion of Patients with Chronic Plaque Psoriasis. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:788-91 pubmed publisher..015). These findings suggest a closer association between sore throats, streptococcal throat infections and plaque psoriasis than reported previously. ..
- Engström J, Reinius H, Ström J, Bergström M, Larsson I, Larsson A, et al. Lung complications are common in intensive care treated patients with pelvis fractures: a retrospective cohort study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:52 pubmed publisher..Study was registered at ISRCTN.org number, ISRCTN10335587 . ..
- Gepertz S, Neveus T. Imipramine for therapy resistant enuresis: a retrospective evaluation. J Urol. 2004;171:2607-10; discussion 2609-10 pubmed..Imipramine is a useful treatment for enuresis when everything else has failed, especially among older children. Factors related to detrusor function provide prognostic information. ..
- Ekeblad S, Lejonklou M, Stalberg P, Skogseid B. Prognostic relevance of survivin in pancreatic endocrine tumors. World J Surg. 2012;36:1411-8 pubmed publisher..94; P = 0.90). High expression of nuclear survivin is a significant marker of a poor prognosis in patients with a pancreatic endocrine tumor. ..
- SandÃ©n P, Renlund H, Svensson P, SjÃ¤lander A. Warfarin treatment complications do not correlate to cTTR when above 70. Thromb Res. 2015;136:1185-9 pubmed publisher..Our results show that at very high cTTR levels, above 70%, further improvements in cTTR do not correlate to less treatment complications at least for patients with AF. ..
- Tidholm A, Ljungvall I, Michal J, HÃ¤ggstrÃ¶m J, HÃ¶glund K. Congenital heart defects in cats: A retrospective study of 162 cats (1996-2013). J Vet Cardiol. 2015;17 Suppl 1:S215-9 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of congenital heart disease was 0.2% of the total number of patient cats, and 8% of cats diagnosed with heart disease. Ventricular septal defect was the most common congenital heart defect in this study. ..
- Lannergård A, Viberg A, Cars O, Karlsson M, Sandstrom M, Larsson A. The time course of body temperature, serum amyloid A protein, C-reactive protein and interleukin-6 in patients with bacterial infection during the initial 3 days of antibiotic therapy. Scand J Infect Dis. 2009;41:663-71 pubmed publisher..Further studies are proposed for biomarker guidance antibiotic therapy in sepsis patients without septic shock. ..
- Reiser E, Skoog V, Gerdin B, Andlin Sobocki A. Association between cleft size and crossbite in children with cleft palate and unilateral cleft lip and palate. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2010;47:175-81 pubmed publisher..The findings support the hypothesis that cleft size in infancy affects early outcome with respect to crossbite in children with UCLP, but not in children with CP. ..
- Crona J, Gustavsson T, NorlÃ©n O, Edfeldt K, Ã…kerstrÃ¶m T, Westin G, et al. Somatic Mutations and Genetic Heterogeneity at the CDKN1B Locus in Small Intestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22 Suppl 3:S1428-35 pubmed publisher..This study corroborates the finding of CDKN1B as a potential haplo-insufficient tumor suppressor gene characterized by inter- and intratumor heterogeneity in SI-NETs. ..
- Schiller P, Vikholm P, Hellgren L. The ImpellaÂ® Recover mechanical assist device in acute cardiogenic shock: a single-centre experience of 66 patients. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2016;22:452-8 pubmed publisher..The ImpellaÂ® Recover device improved haemodynamics in patients with acute cardiogenic shock. Still, 30-day mortality remains high and future studies must focus on the optimal timing of placement of the device. ..
- Papadopoulos F, Ekbom A, Brandt L, Ekselius L. Excess mortality, causes of death and prognostic factors in anorexia nervosa. Br J Psychiatry. 2009;194:10-7 pubmed publisher..Anorexia nervosa is characterised by high lifetime mortality from both natural and unnatural causes. Assessment and treatment of psychiatric comorbidity, especially alcohol misuse, may be a pathway to better long-term outcome. ..
- Sohel N, Vahter M, Ali M, Rahman M, Rahman A, Streatfield P, et al. Spatial patterns of fetal loss and infant death in an arsenic-affected area in Bangladesh. Int J Health Geogr. 2010;9:53 pubmed publisher..This illustrates a possible link between arsenic contamination in tube-well water and adverse pregnancy outcome. Thus, these areas should be considered a priority in arsenic mitigation programs. ..
- Torkzad M, Ullberg U, Nyström N, Blomqvist L, Hellström P, Fagerberg U. Manifestations of small bowel disease in pediatric Crohn's disease on magnetic resonance enterography. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:520-8 pubmed publisher..More chronic small bowel changes seen commonly in adults and solitary jejunal involvements are less commonly seen. ..
- Johansson P, Lindahl E. Locking-in effects due to early interventions? An evaluation of a multidisciplinary screening programs for avoiding long-term sickness. Eval Rev. 2012;36:323-45 pubmed publisher..Our main explanation for this discouraging result is that the team focuses too much on rehabilitation rather than encouraging the sick-listed individual to return to work. ..
- Nylander C, Fernell E, Tindberg Y. Chronic conditions and coexisting ADHD-a complicated combination in adolescents. Eur J Pediatr. 2015;174:1209-15 pubmed publisher..In this study, we showed that ADHD was more prevalent among adolescents with different types of CCs. â€¢ CCs and coexisting ADHD were associated with few protective factors and clustered health-risk behaviors. ..
- Hansson E, JidÃ©us L, Ã…berg B, Bjursten H, Dreifaldt M, Holmgren A, et al. Coronary artery bypass grafting-related bleeding complications in patients treated with ticagrelor or clopidogrel: a nationwide study. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:189-97 pubmed publisher..The overall risk of major CABG-related bleeding complications was lower with ticagrelor than with clopidogrel. ..
- Aguirre A, Bröjer C, Morner T. Descriptive epidemiology of roe deer mortality in Sweden. J Wildl Dis. 1999;35:753-62 pubmed..Further research and more detailed studies are in progress to better understand specific mortality factors as well as etiologies of certain described diseases in roe deer in Sweden. ..
- Dahlstrand U, Wollert S, Nordin P, Sandblom G, Gunnarsson U. Emergency femoral hernia repair: a study based on a national register. Ann Surg. 2009;249:672-6 pubmed publisher..Femoral hernias should be operated with high priority to avoid incarceration and be repaired with a mesh. ..
- Balaz P, Wohlfahrt P, Rokosny S, Malý S, Bjorck M. Is It Worthwhile Treating Occluded Cold Stored Venous Allografts by Thrombolysis?. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2016;52:370-6 pubmed publisher..69). Long-term results of thrombolysis of venous allograft bypasses are similar to those of autologous bypasses. Occluded cold stored venous allograft can be successfully re-opened in most cases with a favorable effect on limb salvage. ..
- Norlén O, Hessman O, Stalberg P, Akerstrom G, Hellman P. Prophylactic cholecystectomy in midgut carcinoid patients. World J Surg. 2010;34:1361-7 pubmed publisher..We recommend that prophylactic cholecystectomy is liberally performed during laparotomy for MGC if patients are planned to undergo treatment with somatostatin analogs. ..
- Eventov Friedman S, Zisk Rony R, Nosko S, Bar Oz B. Maternal age and outcome of preterm infants at discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;132:196-9 pubmed publisher..Advanced maternal age was not associated with major morbidity of preterm neonates at discharge from the neonatal intensive care units. ..
- Granlund A, Karlson B, Elvin A, Rasmussen I. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous cholecystostomy in high-risk surgical patients. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2001;386:212-7 pubmed..USGPC is a procedure with few complications and a high success rate. In patients with acalculous cholecystitis as well as in many patients with calculous cholecystitis, no further treatment was needed. ..
- Lyrenas S. Labor in the grand multipara. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2002;53:6-12 pubmed..Failure of descent of the presenting part during the first stage of labor in addition to arrest of cervical dilatation was associated with a high cesarean section rate in the GMP woman. ..
- Bergstrom K, Aspan A, Landén A, Johnston C, Grönlund Andersson U. The first nosocomial outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in horses in Sweden. Acta Vet Scand. 2012;54:11 pubmed publisher..The time from surgery to bacteriological diagnosis was not acceptable in most cases, as contagious spread was a risk. Sampling when symptoms of infection are noticed and accurate analysis are thus important. ..
- Holmstrom G, Thoren K. Ocular manifestations of incontinentia pigmenti. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2000;78:348-53 pubmed..Ocular lesions in patients with IP may be serious and lead to blindness because of retinal disease. Ophthalmological follow-up is essential in the neonatal period and such a programme is recommended. ..
- Krigsman K, Moen J, Nilsson J, Ring L. Refill adherence by the elderly for asthma/chronic obstructive pulmonary disease drugs dispensed over a 10-year period. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2007;32:603-11 pubmed..Therefore, it is likely that elderly patients on long-term therapy have a non-optimal drug use of their preventive asthma/COPD medication. ..
- Hailer Y, Montgomery S, Ekbom A, Nilsson O, Bahmanyar S. Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease and the risk of injuries requiring hospitalization: a register study involving 2579 patients. Acta Orthop. 2012;83:572-6 pubmed publisher..It could also implicate that anatomical changes in the bone formation or blood supply of the femoral head - increasing its sensibility for trauma - contribute to the etiology of LCPD. ..
- Haugvik S, Janson E, Ã–sterlund P, Langer S, Falk R, Labori K, et al. Surgical Treatment as a Principle for Patients with High-Grade Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma: A Nordic Multicenter Comparative Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1721-8 pubmed publisher..Selected patients with both localized hgPNEC and metastatic hgPNEC should be considered for radical surgical treatment. ..
- Linder F, Mani K, Juhlin C, EklÃ¶f H. Routine whole body CT of high energy trauma patients leads to excessive radiation exposure. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:7 pubmed publisher..The risk of missing important traumatic findings in these patients is very low. Observation of the patient with reexamination instead of imaging may be considered in this group of often young patients where radiation dose is an issue. ..
- Sandberg Melin C, Nuija E, Alm A, Yu Z, Söderberg P. Variance components in confocal scanning laser tomography measurements of neuro-retinal rim area and the effect of repeated measurements on the power to detect loss over time. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:705-711 pubmed publisher..Levels of NRA differences within subjects between visits can be estimated with acceptable precision. Neuro-retinal rim area (NRA) measurement can be used for long-term follow-up of glaucoma progression. ..
- Kirsebom M, Hedström M, Wadensten B, Pöder U. The frequency of and reasons for acute hospital transfers of older nursing home residents. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2014;58:115-20 pubmed publisher..The frequency of avoidable hospitalizations was 16% among the 375 hospitalizations. The proportion of transfers to the ED ranged widely between nursing homes. The reasons for this finding ought to be explored. ..
- Pokladnikova J, Meyboom R, Meincke R, Niedrig D, Russmann S. Allergy-Like Immediate Reactions with Herbal Medicines: A Retrospective Study Using Data from VigiBaseÂ®. Drug Saf. 2016;39:455-64 pubmed publisher..Studies using the VigibaseÂ® database can identify specific combinations of particular herbs and adverse reactions. Healthcare professionals and patients should be aware of these risks and report any serious adverse experiences. ..
- Karlsson F. Endocrine ophthalmopathy and radioiodine therapy. Acta Oncol. 2006;45:1046-50 pubmed
- Caballero Corbalan J, Eich T, Lundgren T, Foss A, Felldin M, Källen R, et al. No beneficial effect of two-layer storage compared with UW-storage on human islet isolation and transplantation. Transplantation. 2007;84:864-9 pubmed..The present study suggests that the ischemic tolerance of human pancreata cannot be extended by TLM preservation. In addition, TLM does not seem to improve the isolation outcome for pancreata from elderly donors. ..
- Lindberg E, Theorell Haglöw J, Svensson M, Gislason T, Berne C, Janson C. Sleep apnea and glucose metabolism: a long-term follow-up in a community-based sample. Chest. 2012;142:935-942 pubmed publisher..When excluding the variable years with CPAP from the multivariate model, all associations weakened. SDB is independently related to the development of insulin resistance and, thereby, the risk of manifest diabetes mellitus. ..
- Rystedt A, Nyholm D, Naver H. Clinical experience of dose conversion ratios between 2 botulinum toxin products in the treatment of cervical dystonia. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2012;35:278-82 pubmed publisher..7 (Botox:Dysport). The adverse events reported at this point were fewer for the patients treated. In this study, the most appropriate dose conversion ratio to use when switching from Botox to Dysport was 1:1.7. ..
- Ribom D, Schoenmaekers M, Engler H, Smits A. Evaluation of 11C-methionine PET as a surrogate endpoint after treatment of grade 2 gliomas. J Neurooncol. 2005;71:325-32 pubmed..PET MET may be a promising surrogate endpoint after treatment of grade 2 gliomas. Evaluation of both hot spot activity and uptake volume on PET may strengthen the association with clinical outcome. ..
- Hedenmalm K, Sundström A, Spigset O. Alopecia associated with treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2006;15:719-25 pubmed..No statistically significant associations were found for any of the other SSRIs. Alopecia appears to be a rare ADR to SSRIs. The risk of alopecia seems to vary between the different SSRIs, and might be higher in women than in men. ..
- Ekeblad S, Sundin A, Janson E, Welin S, Granberg D, Kindmark H, et al. Temozolomide as monotherapy is effective in treatment of advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2986-91 pubmed..Temozolomide as monotherapy had acceptable toxicity and antitumoral effects in a small series of patients with advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors and four of these showed radiologic responses. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Sorbe B. Body mass index as a prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer and correlation with clinico-pathological factors. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:101-7 pubmed publisher..Overweight and obese patients did not have worse survival than normal weight and underweight patients. The prognostic impact of BMI on survival was only noted for underweight patients with serous tumors. ..
- Granstam S, Bjorklund E, Wikstrom G, Roos M. Use of echocardiographic pulmonary acceleration time and estimated vascular resistance for the evaluation of possible pulmonary hypertension. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2013;11:7 pubmed publisher..In high risk patients, an AT of less than 100 ms indicates a high probability of pulmonary hypertension. Furthermore, PVR estimation by ultrasound seems preferably be done by using the ratio of TTVG and TVI RVOT. ..
- Acosta Ruiz V, LÃ¶nnemark M, Brekkan E, Dahlman P, Wernroth L, Magnusson A. Predictive factors for complete renal tumor ablation using RFA. Acta Radiol. 2016;57:886-93 pubmed publisher..These variables need to be considered to increase primary ablation success. Further studies are needed to evaluate the effect of RFA on histopathologically different renal tumors. ..
- Arnell K, Cesarini K, Lagerqvist Widh A, Wester T, Sjölin J. Cerebrospinal fluid shunt infections in children over a 13-year period: anaerobic cultures and comparison of clinical signs of infection with Propionibacterium acnes and with other bacteria. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2008;1:366-72 pubmed publisher..Infections caused by propionibacteria often result in mild symptoms that may be overlooked if adequate anaerobic cultures are not obtained. ..
- Hedenmalm K, Güzey C, Dahl M, Yue Q, Spigset O. Risk factors for extrapyramidal symptoms during treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, including cytochrome P-450 enzyme, and serotonin and dopamine transporter and receptor polymorphisms. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2006;26:192-7 pubmed..At least 1 additional potential risk factor was found in almost all cases. ..
- Frykholm C, Larsen H, Dahl N, Klar J, Rask Andersen H, Friberg U. Familial Ménière's disease in five generations. Otol Neurotol. 2006;27:681-6 pubmed..Clinical characterization of a Swedish family followed for five generations. Several members of each generation had Ménière's disease (MD). Possible modes of genetic transmission were assessed...
- Röing M, Hirsch J, Holmstrom I. The uncanny mouth - a phenomenological approach to oral cancer. Patient Educ Couns. 2007;67:301-6 pubmed..As the treatment of oral cancer is multiprofessional, this knowledge may be useful in guiding the organization of oral cancer care and multiprofessional collaboration. ..
- Gulliksson M, Burell G, Lundin L, Toss H, Svardsudd K. Psychosocial factors during the first year after a coronary heart disease event in cases and referents. Secondary Prevention in Uppsala Primary Health Care Project (SUPRIM). BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2007;7:36 pubmed..This may have implications for cardiac rehabilitation programmes. ..
- Bolander A, Agnarsdottir M, Strömberg S, Ponten F, Hesselius P, Uhlen M, et al. The protein expression of TRP-1 and galectin-1 in cutaneous malignant melanomas. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2008;5:293-300 pubmed..There was no correlation between TRP-1 or galectin-1 expression and survival. ..
- Cederholm J, Gudbjornsdottir S, Eliasson B, Zethelius B, Eeg Olofsson K, Nilsson P. Systolic blood pressure and risk of cardiovascular diseases in type 2 diabetes: an observational study from the Swedish national diabetes register. J Hypertens. 2010;28:2026-35 pubmed publisher..Additionally, baseline SBP of 110-129 mmHg showed increased CHD and CVD risk with further SBP reduction during follow-up, whereas baseline SBP of at least 130 showed benefits. ..
- Norlén O, Stalberg P, Oberg K, Eriksson J, Hedberg J, Hessman O, et al. Long-term results of surgery for small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors at a tertiary referral center. World J Surg. 2012;36:1419-31 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to identify prognostic factors for survival and to evaluate outcome after surgery in SI-NET patients...
- Gedeborg R, Chen L, Thiblin I, Byberg L, Melhus H, Michaelsson K, et al. Prehospital injury deaths--strengthening the case for prevention: nationwide cohort study. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;72:765-72 pubmed publisher..The high proportion of prehospital deaths among young and middle aged people highlights the potential impact of preventive efforts. III. ..
- Pettersson F, Grönbladh A, Nyberg F, Sundström Poromaa I, Akerud H. The A118G single-nucleotide polymorphism of human ?-opioid receptor gene and use of labor analgesia. Reprod Sci. 2012;19:962-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there is no association between the A118G polymorphism of OPRM1 regarding pain-related behavior during labor...
- Saiepour D, Messo E, Hedlund A, Nowinski D. Radiologic and long-term clinical outcome from treatment of isolated medial orbital wall blowout fractures. J Craniofac Surg. 2012;23:1252-5 pubmed..Complete reconstruction of the most posterior part of the medial orbital wall seems to be of lesser importance...
- Sclafani F, Gonzalez D, Cunningham D, Hulkki Wilson S, Peckitt C, Giralt J, et al. RAS mutations and cetuximab in locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the EXPERT-C trial. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1430-6 pubmed publisher..Given the small sample size, no definitive conclusions on the effect of additional RAS mutations on cetuximab treatment in this setting can be drawn and further investigation of RAS in larger studies is warranted. ..
- Knight A, SundstrÃ¶m Y, BÃ¶rjesson O, Bruchfeld A, MalmstrÃ¶m V, Gunnarsson I. Late-onset neutropenia after rituximab in ANCA-associated vasculitis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2016;45:404-7 pubmed publisher..As infections are commonly seen, the condition requires an increased awareness. No predisposing factors for LON were identified. ..
- Sjögren V, Byström B, Renlund H, Svensson P, Oldgren J, Norrving B, et al. Non-vitamin K oral anticoagulants are non-inferior for stroke prevention but cause fewer major bleedings than well-managed warfarin: A retrospective register study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181000 pubmed publisher..40-0.87), haemorrhagic stroke 0.49 (0.28-0.86), and other major bleeding 0.71 (0.57-0.89). For patients with atrial fibrillation, NOACs are as effective for stroke prevention as well-managed warfarin but cause fewer major bleedings. ..
- Hijazi Z, Oldgren J, Andersson U, Connolly S, Eikelboom J, Ezekowitz M, et al. Growth-differentiation factor 15 and risk of major bleeding in atrial fibrillation: Insights from the Randomized Evaluation of Long-Term Anticoagulation Therapy (RE-LY) trial. Am Heart J. 2017;190:94-103 pubmed publisher..Therefore, GDF-15 seems useful as a specific marker of bleeding in patients with AF on oral anticoagulant treatment. ..
- Nilsson G, Holmberg L, Garmo H, Terent A, Blomqvist C. Radiation to supraclavicular and internal mammary lymph nodes in breast cancer increases the risk of stroke. Br J Cancer. 2009;100:811-6 pubmed publisher..Our finding of a target-specific increased risk of stroke and a dose-response relationship for daily fraction dose, indicate that there may be a causal link between RT to the IMC and SCL and risk of stroke. ..
- Hylek E, Held C, Alexander J, Lopes R, De Caterina R, Wojdyla D, et al. Major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation receiving apixaban or warfarin: The ARISTOTLE Trial (Apixaban for Reduction in Stroke and Other Thromboembolic Events in Atrial Fibrillation): Predictors, Characteristics, and Clinical Outcomes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:2141-2147 pubmed publisher..Apixaban, compared with warfarin, was associated with fewer intracranial hemorrhages, less adverse consequences following extracranial hemorrhage, and a 50% reduction in fatal consequences at 30 days in cases of major hemorrhage. ..
- Roth G, Johnson C, Abajobir A, Abd Allah F, Abera S, Abyu G, et al. Global, Regional, and National Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases for 10 Causes, 1990 to 2015. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1-25 pubmed publisher..Future updates of the GBD study can be used to guide policymakers who are focused on reducing the overall burden of noncommunicable disease and achieving specific global health targets for CVD. ..
- Eggers K, Lindahl B, Carrero J, Evans M, Szummer K, Jernberg T. Cardiac Troponins and Their Prognostic Importance in Patients with Suspected Acute Coronary Syndrome and Renal Dysfunction. Clin Chem. 2017;63:1409-1417 pubmed publisher..However, the relative significance of the obtained results must be considered in the context of the severity of renal dysfunction and whether ACS is present. ..
- Dreilich M, Bergqvist M, Moberg M, Brattstrom D, Gustavsson I, Bergström S, et al. High-risk human papilloma virus (HPV) and survival in patients with esophageal carcinoma: a pilot study. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:94 pubmed..However, given the size of the study there is a need to examine a larger cohort in order to understand in more detail the effect of high risk HPV types in esophageal carcinoma. ..
- Läckgren G, Sköldenberg E, Stenberg A. Endoscopic treatment with stabilized nonanimal hyaluronic acid/dextranomer gel is effective in vesicoureteral reflux associated with bladder dysfunction. J Urol. 2007;177:1124-8; discussion 1128-9 pubmed..These data indicate that bladder dysfunction should not be considered a contraindication to endoscopic treatment for reflux. ..
- Kindmark H, Sundin A, Granberg D, Dunder K, Skogseid B, Janson E, et al. Endocrine pancreatic tumors with glucagon hypersecretion: a retrospective study of 23 cases during 20 years. Med Oncol. 2007;24:330-7 pubmed..In an attempt to assess the efficacy of diagnostic and therapeutic measures in patients with glucagonoma, a retrospective study was performed using the archives of a tertiary care center...
- Knight A, Ekbom A, Brandt L, Askling J. What is the significance in routine care of c-ANCA/PR3-ANCA in the absence of systemic vasculitis? A case series. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2008;26:S53-6 pubmed..In this group, a positive ANCA may represent background noise (borderline titres) or be a marker of inflammatory activity rather than of vasculitic disease (high titres). ..
- Eggers K, Kempf T, Venge P, Wallentin L, Wollert K, Lindahl B. Improving long-term risk prediction in patients with acute chest pain: the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) risk score is enhanced by selected nonnecrosis biomarkers. Am Heart J. 2010;160:88-94 pubmed publisher..However, there is limited knowledge regarding the utility of this score for long-term risk prediction in unselected patients with acute chest pain and whether it might be improved by the integration of nonnecrosis biomarkers...
- Krajisnik T, Olauson H, Mirza M, Hellman P, Akerstrom G, Westin G, et al. Parathyroid Klotho and FGF-receptor 1 expression decline with renal function in hyperparathyroid patients with chronic kidney disease and kidney transplant recipients. Kidney Int. 2010;78:1024-32 pubmed publisher..Thus parathyroid Klotho and FGFR1 decrease with declining renal function, possibly because of alterations in mineral metabolism related to the failing kidney. This could explain the observed parathyroid resistance to FGF23 in late CKD. ..
- Arakelian E, Gunningberg L, Larsson J, Norlén K, Mahteme H. Factors influencing early postoperative recovery after cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2011;37:897-903 pubmed publisher..However, there is little data on patients' recovery process after this complex treatment. This study aimed to describe the in-hospital postoperative recovery and factors related to the recovery of patients who undergo CRS and HIPEC...
- Smit J, Darcy C, Audolfsson T, Hartman E, Acosta R. Multilayer reconstructions for defects overlying the Achilles tendon with the lateral-arm flap: long-term follow-up of 16 cases. Microsurgery. 2012;32:438-44 pubmed publisher..The aim of this report is to share the experience the authors gained with this type of reconstruction. The authors report the largest series in the published reports today...
- Cherif H, Axdorph U, Kalin M, Bjorkholm M. Clinical experience of granulocyte transfusion in the management of neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies and severe infection. Scand J Infect Dis. 2013;45:112-6 pubmed publisher..The results further underline the need for well- designed, randomized, prospective trials to determine the efficacy of this intervention in patients with life-threatening infectious complications. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Seidal T. Association of p21, p21 p27 and p21 p53 status to histological subtypes and prognosis in low-stage epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2013;10:27-34 pubmed..Another subgroup of 11/129 (9%) patients with non-serous tumors with concomitant p21 and p27 positivity had excellent survival. ..
- Geyer H, Scherber R, Dueck A, Kiladjian J, Xiao Z, Slot S, et al. Distinct clustering of symptomatic burden among myeloproliferative neoplasm patients: retrospective assessment in 1470 patients. Blood. 2014;123:3803-10 pubmed publisher..Significant symptom heterogeneity exists within each MPN subtype, sometimes independent of disease features or prognosis. ..
- Nejatian A, Omstedt Å, Höijer J, Hansson L, Djärv T, Eggers K, et al. Outcomes in Patients With Chest Pain Discharged After Evaluation Using a High-Sensitivity Troponin T Assay. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2622-2630 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that more true at-risk patients were identified and admitted. The implementation of hsTnT assays in Swedish hospitals has improved evaluations in the ED. ..
- Gambadauro P, Iliadis S, BrÃ¤nn E, Skalkidou A. Conception by means of inÂ vitro fertilization is not associated with maternal depressive symptoms during pregnancy or postpartum. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:325-332 pubmed publisher..Despite the psychologic distress characterizing subfertility and its treatment, conception by means of IVF is not associated with maternal depressive symptoms during pregnancy or postpartum. ..
- Djavani K, Wanhainen A, Bjorck M. Intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome following surgery for ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006;31:581-4 pubmed..To investigate the importance of intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH) and abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS), based on the December 2004 consensus definition, on outcome after surgery for ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm (rAAA)...
- Cederblad L, Johansson S, Enblad G, Engstrom M, Blomquist E. Cancer of the parotid gland; long-term follow-up. A single centre experience on recurrence and survival. Acta Oncol. 2009;48:549-55 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to investigate the results of treatment of malignant parotid gland tumours at a single centre during a 56 year period, focusing on tumour control and survival...
- Sigvant B, Hasvold P, Kragsterman B, Falkenberg M, Johansson S, Thuresson M, et al. Cardiovascular outcomes in patients with peripheral arterial disease as an initial or subsequent manifestation of atherosclerotic disease: Results from a Swedish nationwide study. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:507-514.e1 pubmed publisher..Despite younger age and substantial risk of future major CV events, patients with primary PAD received less intensive secondary preventive drug therapy. ..
- Wallert J, Held C, Madison G, Olsson E. Temporal changes in myocardial infarction incidence rates are associated with periods of perceived psychosocial stress: A SWEDEHEART national registry study. Am Heart J. 2017;191:12-20 pubmed publisher..Fluctuations in daily MI incidence rates are systematically related to time periods of presumed psychosocial stress. Further research might clarify mechanisms that are amenable to clinical alteration. ..
- Skytt B, Ljunggren B, Carlsson M. Reasons to leave: the motives of first-line nurse managers' for leaving their posts. J Nurs Manag. 2007;15:294-302 pubmed..The dominant reason to leave was reorganization and other changes. The relation to the head of department influenced the first-line nurse managers' overall work situation. ..
- Eriksson L, Mulic Lutvica A, Jangland L, Nyman R. Massive postpartum hemorrhage treated with transcatheter arterial embolization: technical aspects and long-term effects on fertility and menstrual cycle. Acta Radiol. 2007;48:635-42 pubmed..PPH after cesarean section might need to be embolized with metallic coils in addition to Gelfoam in order to achieve secure hemostasis. ..
- Glimelius B, Garmo H, Berglund A, Fredriksson L, Berglund M, Kohnke H, et al. Prediction of irinotecan and 5-fluorouracil toxicity and response in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Pharmacogenomics J. 2011;11:61-71 pubmed publisher..Carriers of the ABCB1 1236T-2677T-3435T haplotype responded to treatment less frequently (43 vs 67%, P=0.027), and survived shorter time, OR=1.56 (95% CI=1.01-2.45). ..
- Morrell J, Rodriguez Martinez H, Johannisson A. Single layer centrifugation of stallion spermatozoa consistently selects the most robust spermatozoa from the rest of the ejaculate in a large sample size. Equine Vet J. 2010;42:579-85 pubmed publisher..SLC consistently improved the quality of stallion sperm samples from a large number of ejaculates. The method could be scaled-up, allowing larger volumes of ejaculate to be processed easily from a wide range of stallions. ..
- Kassa A, Lilja H. Predictors of postnatal outcome in neonates with gastroschisis. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:2108-14 pubmed publisher..We performed a review of neonates with gastroschisis treated at our center of pediatric surgery over the last 21 years to determine predictive factors of outcome...
- Granfors M, Karypidis H, Hosseini F, Skjöldebrand Sparre L, Stavreus Evers A, Bremme K, et al. Phosphodiesterase 8B gene polymorphism in women with recurrent miscarriage: a retrospective case control study. BMC Med Genet. 2012;13:121 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that there is an association between homozygous A/A as well as homozygous G/G carriers of SNP rs 4704397 in PDE8B and recurrent miscarriage. ..
- Mansouri L, Grabowski P, Degerman S, Svenson U, Gunnarsson R, Cahill N, et al. Short telomere length is associated with NOTCH1/SF3B1/TP53 aberrations and poor outcome in newly diagnosed chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients. Am J Hematol. 2013;88:647-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these novel data indicate that short TL already at diagnosis is associated with poor outcome in CLL and that TL can be measured at later stages of the disease. ..
- Damman P, Varenhorst C, Koul S, Eriksson P, Erlinge D, Lagerqvist B, et al. Treatment patterns and outcomes in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention treated with prasugrel or clopidogrel (from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry [SCAAR]). Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:64-9 pubmed publisher..Mortality and bleeding rates were lower with prasugrel than clopidogrel, probably because of patient selection. ..
- Wallentin L, Zethelius B, Berglund L, Eggers K, Lind L, Lindahl B, et al. GDF-15 for prognostication of cardiovascular and cancer morbidity and mortality in men. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78797 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, in elderly men, GDF-15 improves prognostication of both cardiovascular, cancer mortality and morbidity beyond established risk factors and biomarkers of cardiac, renal dysfunction and inflammation. ..
- Velders M, James S, Libungan B, Sarno G, Frobert O, Carlsson J, et al. Prognosis of elderly patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention in 2001 to 2011: A report from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry (SCAAR) registry. Am Heart J. 2014;167:666-73 pubmed publisher..Advanced age increased the risk of adverse events, but survivors of the early phase after PCI had a slightly improved prognosis compared with the general population. ..
- Bjelkmar P, Hansen A, Schönning C, Bergstrom J, Löfdahl M, Lebbad M, et al. Early outbreak detection by linking health advice line calls to water distribution areas retrospectively demonstrated in a large waterborne outbreak of cryptosporidiosis in Sweden. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:328 pubmed publisher..We conclude that an earlier detection of the outbreak by linking calls to a health advice line to water distribution areas could have limited the outbreak substantially. ..
- Bjersand K, Seidal T, Sundström Poromaa I, Akerud H, Skirnisdottir I. The clinical and prognostic correlation of HRNPM and SLC1A5 in pathogenesis and prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179363 pubmed publisher..In patients with non-serous ovarian cancer SLC1A5 protects from recurrent disease, presumably by means of biological mechanisms that are unrelated to cytotoxic drug sensitivity. ..