Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on retrospective studies in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Topic: retrospective studies
- Norlén O, Hessman O, Stalberg P, Akerstrom G, Hellman P. Prophylactic cholecystectomy in midgut carcinoid patients. World J Surg. 2010;34:1361-7 pubmed publisher..We recommend that prophylactic cholecystectomy is liberally performed during laparotomy for MGC if patients are planned to undergo treatment with somatostatin analogs. ..
- Eventov Friedman S, Zisk Rony R, Nosko S, Bar Oz B. Maternal age and outcome of preterm infants at discharge from the neonatal intensive care unit. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;132:196-9 pubmed publisher..Advanced maternal age was not associated with major morbidity of preterm neonates at discharge from the neonatal intensive care units. ..
- Bergstrom K, Aspan A, Landén A, Johnston C, Grönlund Andersson U. The first nosocomial outbreak of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in horses in Sweden. Acta Vet Scand. 2012;54:11 pubmed publisher..The time from surgery to bacteriological diagnosis was not acceptable in most cases, as contagious spread was a risk. Sampling when symptoms of infection are noticed and accurate analysis are thus important. ..
- Lyrenas S. Labor in the grand multipara. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2002;53:6-12 pubmed..Failure of descent of the presenting part during the first stage of labor in addition to arrest of cervical dilatation was associated with a high cesarean section rate in the GMP woman. ..
- Granlund A, Karlson B, Elvin A, Rasmussen I. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous cholecystostomy in high-risk surgical patients. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2001;386:212-7 pubmed..USGPC is a procedure with few complications and a high success rate. In patients with acalculous cholecystitis as well as in many patients with calculous cholecystitis, no further treatment was needed. ..
- Hailer Y, Montgomery S, Ekbom A, Nilsson O, Bahmanyar S. Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease and the risk of injuries requiring hospitalization: a register study involving 2579 patients. Acta Orthop. 2012;83:572-6 pubmed publisher..It could also implicate that anatomical changes in the bone formation or blood supply of the femoral head - increasing its sensibility for trauma - contribute to the etiology of LCPD. ..
- Haugvik S, Janson E, Ã–sterlund P, Langer S, Falk R, Labori K, et al. Surgical Treatment as a Principle for Patients with High-Grade Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Carcinoma: A Nordic Multicenter Comparative Study. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1721-8 pubmed publisher..Selected patients with both localized hgPNEC and metastatic hgPNEC should be considered for radical surgical treatment. ..
- Linder F, Mani K, Juhlin C, EklÃ¶f H. Routine whole body CT of high energy trauma patients leads to excessive radiation exposure. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:7 pubmed publisher..The risk of missing important traumatic findings in these patients is very low. Observation of the patient with reexamination instead of imaging may be considered in this group of often young patients where radiation dose is an issue. ..
- Holmstrom G, Thoren K. Ocular manifestations of incontinentia pigmenti. Acta Ophthalmol Scand. 2000;78:348-53 pubmed..Ocular lesions in patients with IP may be serious and lead to blindness because of retinal disease. Ophthalmological follow-up is essential in the neonatal period and such a programme is recommended. ..
- Krigsman K, Moen J, Nilsson J, Ring L. Refill adherence by the elderly for asthma/chronic obstructive pulmonary disease drugs dispensed over a 10-year period. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2007;32:603-11 pubmed..Therefore, it is likely that elderly patients on long-term therapy have a non-optimal drug use of their preventive asthma/COPD medication. ..
- Sandberg Melin C, Nuija E, Alm A, Yu Z, Söderberg P. Variance components in confocal scanning laser tomography measurements of neuro-retinal rim area and the effect of repeated measurements on the power to detect loss over time. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:705-711 pubmed publisher..Levels of NRA differences within subjects between visits can be estimated with acceptable precision. Neuro-retinal rim area (NRA) measurement can be used for long-term follow-up of glaucoma progression. ..
- Pokladnikova J, Meyboom R, Meincke R, Niedrig D, Russmann S. Allergy-Like Immediate Reactions with Herbal Medicines: A Retrospective Study Using Data from VigiBaseÂ®. Drug Saf. 2016;39:455-64 pubmed publisher..Studies using the VigibaseÂ® database can identify specific combinations of particular herbs and adverse reactions. Healthcare professionals and patients should be aware of these risks and report any serious adverse experiences. ..
- Kirsebom M, Hedström M, Wadensten B, Pöder U. The frequency of and reasons for acute hospital transfers of older nursing home residents. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2014;58:115-20 pubmed publisher..The frequency of avoidable hospitalizations was 16% among the 375 hospitalizations. The proportion of transfers to the ED ranged widely between nursing homes. The reasons for this finding ought to be explored. ..
- Caballero Corbalan J, Eich T, Lundgren T, Foss A, Felldin M, Källen R, et al. No beneficial effect of two-layer storage compared with UW-storage on human islet isolation and transplantation. Transplantation. 2007;84:864-9 pubmed..The present study suggests that the ischemic tolerance of human pancreata cannot be extended by TLM preservation. In addition, TLM does not seem to improve the isolation outcome for pancreata from elderly donors. ..
- Lindberg E, Theorell Haglöw J, Svensson M, Gislason T, Berne C, Janson C. Sleep apnea and glucose metabolism: a long-term follow-up in a community-based sample. Chest. 2012;142:935-942 pubmed publisher..When excluding the variable years with CPAP from the multivariate model, all associations weakened. SDB is independently related to the development of insulin resistance and, thereby, the risk of manifest diabetes mellitus. ..
- Karlsson F. Endocrine ophthalmopathy and radioiodine therapy. Acta Oncol. 2006;45:1046-50 pubmed
- Rystedt A, Nyholm D, Naver H. Clinical experience of dose conversion ratios between 2 botulinum toxin products in the treatment of cervical dystonia. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2012;35:278-82 pubmed publisher..7 (Botox:Dysport). The adverse events reported at this point were fewer for the patients treated. In this study, the most appropriate dose conversion ratio to use when switching from Botox to Dysport was 1:1.7. ..
- Ekeblad S, Sundin A, Janson E, Welin S, Granberg D, Kindmark H, et al. Temozolomide as monotherapy is effective in treatment of advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2986-91 pubmed..Temozolomide as monotherapy had acceptable toxicity and antitumoral effects in a small series of patients with advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors and four of these showed radiologic responses. ..
- Hedenmalm K, Sundström A, Spigset O. Alopecia associated with treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2006;15:719-25 pubmed..No statistically significant associations were found for any of the other SSRIs. Alopecia appears to be a rare ADR to SSRIs. The risk of alopecia seems to vary between the different SSRIs, and might be higher in women than in men. ..
- Ribom D, Schoenmaekers M, Engler H, Smits A. Evaluation of 11C-methionine PET as a surrogate endpoint after treatment of grade 2 gliomas. J Neurooncol. 2005;71:325-32 pubmed..PET MET may be a promising surrogate endpoint after treatment of grade 2 gliomas. Evaluation of both hot spot activity and uptake volume on PET may strengthen the association with clinical outcome. ..
- Granstam S, Bjorklund E, Wikstrom G, Roos M. Use of echocardiographic pulmonary acceleration time and estimated vascular resistance for the evaluation of possible pulmonary hypertension. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2013;11:7 pubmed publisher..In high risk patients, an AT of less than 100 ms indicates a high probability of pulmonary hypertension. Furthermore, PVR estimation by ultrasound seems preferably be done by using the ratio of TTVG and TVI RVOT. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Sorbe B. Body mass index as a prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer and correlation with clinico-pathological factors. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:101-7 pubmed publisher..Overweight and obese patients did not have worse survival than normal weight and underweight patients. The prognostic impact of BMI on survival was only noted for underweight patients with serous tumors. ..
- Acosta Ruiz V, LÃ¶nnemark M, Brekkan E, Dahlman P, Wernroth L, Magnusson A. Predictive factors for complete renal tumor ablation using RFA. Acta Radiol. 2016;57:886-93 pubmed publisher..These variables need to be considered to increase primary ablation success. Further studies are needed to evaluate the effect of RFA on histopathologically different renal tumors. ..
- Arnell K, Cesarini K, Lagerqvist Widh A, Wester T, Sjölin J. Cerebrospinal fluid shunt infections in children over a 13-year period: anaerobic cultures and comparison of clinical signs of infection with Propionibacterium acnes and with other bacteria. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2008;1:366-72 pubmed publisher..Infections caused by propionibacteria often result in mild symptoms that may be overlooked if adequate anaerobic cultures are not obtained. ..
- Saiepour D, Messo E, Hedlund A, Nowinski D. Radiologic and long-term clinical outcome from treatment of isolated medial orbital wall blowout fractures. J Craniofac Surg. 2012;23:1252-5 pubmed..Complete reconstruction of the most posterior part of the medial orbital wall seems to be of lesser importance...
- Pettersson F, Grönbladh A, Nyberg F, Sundström Poromaa I, Akerud H. The A118G single-nucleotide polymorphism of human ?-opioid receptor gene and use of labor analgesia. Reprod Sci. 2012;19:962-7 pubmed publisher..We conclude that there is no association between the A118G polymorphism of OPRM1 regarding pain-related behavior during labor...
- Hijazi Z, Oldgren J, Andersson U, Connolly S, Eikelboom J, Ezekowitz M, et al. Growth-differentiation factor 15 and risk of major bleeding in atrial fibrillation: Insights from the Randomized Evaluation of Long-Term Anticoagulation Therapy (RE-LY) trial. Am Heart J. 2017;190:94-103 pubmed publisher..Therefore, GDF-15 seems useful as a specific marker of bleeding in patients with AF on oral anticoagulant treatment. ..
- Gedeborg R, Chen L, Thiblin I, Byberg L, Melhus H, Michaelsson K, et al. Prehospital injury deaths--strengthening the case for prevention: nationwide cohort study. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012;72:765-72 pubmed publisher..The high proportion of prehospital deaths among young and middle aged people highlights the potential impact of preventive efforts. III. ..
- Sjögren V, Byström B, Renlund H, Svensson P, Oldgren J, Norrving B, et al. Non-vitamin K oral anticoagulants are non-inferior for stroke prevention but cause fewer major bleedings than well-managed warfarin: A retrospective register study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181000 pubmed publisher..40-0.87), haemorrhagic stroke 0.49 (0.28-0.86), and other major bleeding 0.71 (0.57-0.89). For patients with atrial fibrillation, NOACs are as effective for stroke prevention as well-managed warfarin but cause fewer major bleedings. ..
- Cederholm J, Gudbjornsdottir S, Eliasson B, Zethelius B, Eeg Olofsson K, Nilsson P. Systolic blood pressure and risk of cardiovascular diseases in type 2 diabetes: an observational study from the Swedish national diabetes register. J Hypertens. 2010;28:2026-35 pubmed publisher..Additionally, baseline SBP of 110-129 mmHg showed increased CHD and CVD risk with further SBP reduction during follow-up, whereas baseline SBP of at least 130 showed benefits. ..
- Norlén O, Stalberg P, Oberg K, Eriksson J, Hedberg J, Hessman O, et al. Long-term results of surgery for small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors at a tertiary referral center. World J Surg. 2012;36:1419-31 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to identify prognostic factors for survival and to evaluate outcome after surgery in SI-NET patients...
- Sclafani F, Gonzalez D, Cunningham D, Hulkki Wilson S, Peckitt C, Giralt J, et al. RAS mutations and cetuximab in locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the EXPERT-C trial. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1430-6 pubmed publisher..Given the small sample size, no definitive conclusions on the effect of additional RAS mutations on cetuximab treatment in this setting can be drawn and further investigation of RAS in larger studies is warranted. ..
- Hedenmalm K, Güzey C, Dahl M, Yue Q, Spigset O. Risk factors for extrapyramidal symptoms during treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, including cytochrome P-450 enzyme, and serotonin and dopamine transporter and receptor polymorphisms. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2006;26:192-7 pubmed..At least 1 additional potential risk factor was found in almost all cases. ..
- Frykholm C, Larsen H, Dahl N, Klar J, Rask Andersen H, Friberg U. Familial Ménière's disease in five generations. Otol Neurotol. 2006;27:681-6 pubmed..Clinical characterization of a Swedish family followed for five generations. Several members of each generation had Ménière's disease (MD). Possible modes of genetic transmission were assessed...
- Bolander A, Agnarsdottir M, Strömberg S, Ponten F, Hesselius P, Uhlen M, et al. The protein expression of TRP-1 and galectin-1 in cutaneous malignant melanomas. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2008;5:293-300 pubmed..There was no correlation between TRP-1 or galectin-1 expression and survival. ..
- Röing M, Hirsch J, Holmstrom I. The uncanny mouth - a phenomenological approach to oral cancer. Patient Educ Couns. 2007;67:301-6 pubmed..As the treatment of oral cancer is multiprofessional, this knowledge may be useful in guiding the organization of oral cancer care and multiprofessional collaboration. ..
- Gulliksson M, Burell G, Lundin L, Toss H, Svardsudd K. Psychosocial factors during the first year after a coronary heart disease event in cases and referents. Secondary Prevention in Uppsala Primary Health Care Project (SUPRIM). BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2007;7:36 pubmed..This may have implications for cardiac rehabilitation programmes. ..
- Knight A, SundstrÃ¶m Y, BÃ¶rjesson O, Bruchfeld A, MalmstrÃ¶m V, Gunnarsson I. Late-onset neutropenia after rituximab in ANCA-associated vasculitis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2016;45:404-7 pubmed publisher..As infections are commonly seen, the condition requires an increased awareness. No predisposing factors for LON were identified. ..
- Eggers K, Lindahl B, Carrero J, Evans M, Szummer K, Jernberg T. Cardiac Troponins and Their Prognostic Importance in Patients with Suspected Acute Coronary Syndrome and Renal Dysfunction. Clin Chem. 2017;63:1409-1417 pubmed publisher..However, the relative significance of the obtained results must be considered in the context of the severity of renal dysfunction and whether ACS is present. ..
- Hylek E, Held C, Alexander J, Lopes R, De Caterina R, Wojdyla D, et al. Major bleeding in patients with atrial fibrillation receiving apixaban or warfarin: The ARISTOTLE Trial (Apixaban for Reduction in Stroke and Other Thromboembolic Events in Atrial Fibrillation): Predictors, Characteristics, and Clinical Outcomes. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:2141-2147 pubmed publisher..Apixaban, compared with warfarin, was associated with fewer intracranial hemorrhages, less adverse consequences following extracranial hemorrhage, and a 50% reduction in fatal consequences at 30 days in cases of major hemorrhage. ..
- Roth G, Johnson C, Abajobir A, Abd Allah F, Abera S, Abyu G, et al. Global, Regional, and National Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases for 10 Causes, 1990 to 2015. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1-25 pubmed publisher..Future updates of the GBD study can be used to guide policymakers who are focused on reducing the overall burden of noncommunicable disease and achieving specific global health targets for CVD. ..
- Nilsson G, Holmberg L, Garmo H, Terent A, Blomqvist C. Radiation to supraclavicular and internal mammary lymph nodes in breast cancer increases the risk of stroke. Br J Cancer. 2009;100:811-6 pubmed publisher..Our finding of a target-specific increased risk of stroke and a dose-response relationship for daily fraction dose, indicate that there may be a causal link between RT to the IMC and SCL and risk of stroke. ..
- Geyer H, Scherber R, Dueck A, Kiladjian J, Xiao Z, Slot S, et al. Distinct clustering of symptomatic burden among myeloproliferative neoplasm patients: retrospective assessment in 1470 patients. Blood. 2014;123:3803-10 pubmed publisher..Significant symptom heterogeneity exists within each MPN subtype, sometimes independent of disease features or prognosis. ..
- Nejatian A, Omstedt Å, Höijer J, Hansson L, Djärv T, Eggers K, et al. Outcomes in Patients With Chest Pain Discharged After Evaluation Using a High-Sensitivity Troponin T Assay. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;69:2622-2630 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that more true at-risk patients were identified and admitted. The implementation of hsTnT assays in Swedish hospitals has improved evaluations in the ED. ..
- Gambadauro P, Iliadis S, BrÃ¤nn E, Skalkidou A. Conception by means of inÂ vitro fertilization is not associated with maternal depressive symptoms during pregnancy or postpartum. Fertil Steril. 2017;108:325-332 pubmed publisher..Despite the psychologic distress characterizing subfertility and its treatment, conception by means of IVF is not associated with maternal depressive symptoms during pregnancy or postpartum. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Seidal T. Association of p21, p21 p27 and p21 p53 status to histological subtypes and prognosis in low-stage epithelial ovarian cancer. Cancer Genomics Proteomics. 2013;10:27-34 pubmed..Another subgroup of 11/129 (9%) patients with non-serous tumors with concomitant p21 and p27 positivity had excellent survival. ..
- Smit J, Darcy C, Audolfsson T, Hartman E, Acosta R. Multilayer reconstructions for defects overlying the Achilles tendon with the lateral-arm flap: long-term follow-up of 16 cases. Microsurgery. 2012;32:438-44 pubmed publisher..The aim of this report is to share the experience the authors gained with this type of reconstruction. The authors report the largest series in the published reports today...
- Cherif H, Axdorph U, Kalin M, Bjorkholm M. Clinical experience of granulocyte transfusion in the management of neutropenic patients with haematological malignancies and severe infection. Scand J Infect Dis. 2013;45:112-6 pubmed publisher..The results further underline the need for well- designed, randomized, prospective trials to determine the efficacy of this intervention in patients with life-threatening infectious complications. ..
- Dreilich M, Bergqvist M, Moberg M, Brattstrom D, Gustavsson I, Bergström S, et al. High-risk human papilloma virus (HPV) and survival in patients with esophageal carcinoma: a pilot study. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:94 pubmed..However, given the size of the study there is a need to examine a larger cohort in order to understand in more detail the effect of high risk HPV types in esophageal carcinoma. ..
- Läckgren G, Sköldenberg E, Stenberg A. Endoscopic treatment with stabilized nonanimal hyaluronic acid/dextranomer gel is effective in vesicoureteral reflux associated with bladder dysfunction. J Urol. 2007;177:1124-8; discussion 1128-9 pubmed..These data indicate that bladder dysfunction should not be considered a contraindication to endoscopic treatment for reflux. ..
- Kindmark H, Sundin A, Granberg D, Dunder K, Skogseid B, Janson E, et al. Endocrine pancreatic tumors with glucagon hypersecretion: a retrospective study of 23 cases during 20 years. Med Oncol. 2007;24:330-7 pubmed..In an attempt to assess the efficacy of diagnostic and therapeutic measures in patients with glucagonoma, a retrospective study was performed using the archives of a tertiary care center...
- Knight A, Ekbom A, Brandt L, Askling J. What is the significance in routine care of c-ANCA/PR3-ANCA in the absence of systemic vasculitis? A case series. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2008;26:S53-6 pubmed..In this group, a positive ANCA may represent background noise (borderline titres) or be a marker of inflammatory activity rather than of vasculitic disease (high titres). ..
- Arakelian E, Gunningberg L, Larsson J, Norlén K, Mahteme H. Factors influencing early postoperative recovery after cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2011;37:897-903 pubmed publisher..However, there is little data on patients' recovery process after this complex treatment. This study aimed to describe the in-hospital postoperative recovery and factors related to the recovery of patients who undergo CRS and HIPEC...
- Eggers K, Kempf T, Venge P, Wallentin L, Wollert K, Lindahl B. Improving long-term risk prediction in patients with acute chest pain: the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) risk score is enhanced by selected nonnecrosis biomarkers. Am Heart J. 2010;160:88-94 pubmed publisher..However, there is limited knowledge regarding the utility of this score for long-term risk prediction in unselected patients with acute chest pain and whether it might be improved by the integration of nonnecrosis biomarkers...
- Krajisnik T, Olauson H, Mirza M, Hellman P, Akerstrom G, Westin G, et al. Parathyroid Klotho and FGF-receptor 1 expression decline with renal function in hyperparathyroid patients with chronic kidney disease and kidney transplant recipients. Kidney Int. 2010;78:1024-32 pubmed publisher..Thus parathyroid Klotho and FGFR1 decrease with declining renal function, possibly because of alterations in mineral metabolism related to the failing kidney. This could explain the observed parathyroid resistance to FGF23 in late CKD. ..
- Cederblad L, Johansson S, Enblad G, Engstrom M, Blomquist E. Cancer of the parotid gland; long-term follow-up. A single centre experience on recurrence and survival. Acta Oncol. 2009;48:549-55 pubmed publisher..The aim of the study was to investigate the results of treatment of malignant parotid gland tumours at a single centre during a 56 year period, focusing on tumour control and survival...
- Wallert J, Held C, Madison G, Olsson E. Temporal changes in myocardial infarction incidence rates are associated with periods of perceived psychosocial stress: A SWEDEHEART national registry study. Am Heart J. 2017;191:12-20 pubmed publisher..Fluctuations in daily MI incidence rates are systematically related to time periods of presumed psychosocial stress. Further research might clarify mechanisms that are amenable to clinical alteration. ..
- Djavani K, Wanhainen A, Bjorck M. Intra-abdominal hypertension and abdominal compartment syndrome following surgery for ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2006;31:581-4 pubmed..To investigate the importance of intra-abdominal hypertension (IAH) and abdominal compartment syndrome (ACS), based on the December 2004 consensus definition, on outcome after surgery for ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm (rAAA)...
- Sigvant B, Hasvold P, Kragsterman B, Falkenberg M, Johansson S, Thuresson M, et al. Cardiovascular outcomes in patients with peripheral arterial disease as an initial or subsequent manifestation of atherosclerotic disease: Results from a Swedish nationwide study. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:507-514.e1 pubmed publisher..Despite younger age and substantial risk of future major CV events, patients with primary PAD received less intensive secondary preventive drug therapy. ..
- Velders M, James S, Libungan B, Sarno G, Frobert O, Carlsson J, et al. Prognosis of elderly patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction treated with primary percutaneous coronary intervention in 2001 to 2011: A report from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry (SCAAR) registry. Am Heart J. 2014;167:666-73 pubmed publisher..Advanced age increased the risk of adverse events, but survivors of the early phase after PCI had a slightly improved prognosis compared with the general population. ..
- Morrell J, Rodriguez Martinez H, Johannisson A. Single layer centrifugation of stallion spermatozoa consistently selects the most robust spermatozoa from the rest of the ejaculate in a large sample size. Equine Vet J. 2010;42:579-85 pubmed publisher..SLC consistently improved the quality of stallion sperm samples from a large number of ejaculates. The method could be scaled-up, allowing larger volumes of ejaculate to be processed easily from a wide range of stallions. ..
- Bjersand K, Seidal T, Sundström Poromaa I, Akerud H, Skirnisdottir I. The clinical and prognostic correlation of HRNPM and SLC1A5 in pathogenesis and prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0179363 pubmed publisher..In patients with non-serous ovarian cancer SLC1A5 protects from recurrent disease, presumably by means of biological mechanisms that are unrelated to cytotoxic drug sensitivity. ..
- Glimelius B, Garmo H, Berglund A, Fredriksson L, Berglund M, Kohnke H, et al. Prediction of irinotecan and 5-fluorouracil toxicity and response in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Pharmacogenomics J. 2011;11:61-71 pubmed publisher..Carriers of the ABCB1 1236T-2677T-3435T haplotype responded to treatment less frequently (43 vs 67%, P=0.027), and survived shorter time, OR=1.56 (95% CI=1.01-2.45). ..
- Mansouri L, Grabowski P, Degerman S, Svenson U, Gunnarsson R, Cahill N, et al. Short telomere length is associated with NOTCH1/SF3B1/TP53 aberrations and poor outcome in newly diagnosed chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients. Am J Hematol. 2013;88:647-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these novel data indicate that short TL already at diagnosis is associated with poor outcome in CLL and that TL can be measured at later stages of the disease. ..
- Granfors M, Karypidis H, Hosseini F, Skjöldebrand Sparre L, Stavreus Evers A, Bremme K, et al. Phosphodiesterase 8B gene polymorphism in women with recurrent miscarriage: a retrospective case control study. BMC Med Genet. 2012;13:121 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that there is an association between homozygous A/A as well as homozygous G/G carriers of SNP rs 4704397 in PDE8B and recurrent miscarriage. ..
- Wallentin L, Zethelius B, Berglund L, Eggers K, Lind L, Lindahl B, et al. GDF-15 for prognostication of cardiovascular and cancer morbidity and mortality in men. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e78797 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, in elderly men, GDF-15 improves prognostication of both cardiovascular, cancer mortality and morbidity beyond established risk factors and biomarkers of cardiac, renal dysfunction and inflammation. ..
- Damman P, Varenhorst C, Koul S, Eriksson P, Erlinge D, Lagerqvist B, et al. Treatment patterns and outcomes in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention treated with prasugrel or clopidogrel (from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry [SCAAR]). Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:64-9 pubmed publisher..Mortality and bleeding rates were lower with prasugrel than clopidogrel, probably because of patient selection. ..
- Eriksson L, Mulic Lutvica A, Jangland L, Nyman R. Massive postpartum hemorrhage treated with transcatheter arterial embolization: technical aspects and long-term effects on fertility and menstrual cycle. Acta Radiol. 2007;48:635-42 pubmed..PPH after cesarean section might need to be embolized with metallic coils in addition to Gelfoam in order to achieve secure hemostasis. ..
- Skytt B, Ljunggren B, Carlsson M. Reasons to leave: the motives of first-line nurse managers' for leaving their posts. J Nurs Manag. 2007;15:294-302 pubmed..The dominant reason to leave was reorganization and other changes. The relation to the head of department influenced the first-line nurse managers' overall work situation. ..
- Kassa A, Lilja H. Predictors of postnatal outcome in neonates with gastroschisis. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:2108-14 pubmed publisher..We performed a review of neonates with gastroschisis treated at our center of pediatric surgery over the last 21 years to determine predictive factors of outcome...
- Bjelkmar P, Hansen A, Schönning C, Bergstrom J, Löfdahl M, Lebbad M, et al. Early outbreak detection by linking health advice line calls to water distribution areas retrospectively demonstrated in a large waterborne outbreak of cryptosporidiosis in Sweden. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:328 pubmed publisher..We conclude that an earlier detection of the outbreak by linking calls to a health advice line to water distribution areas could have limited the outbreak substantially. ..
- Nowinski D, Messo E, Hedlund A. Treatment of orbital fractures: evaluation of surgical techniques and materials for reconstruction. J Craniofac Surg. 2010;21:1033-7 pubmed publisher..Reconstruction of the medial orbital wall is important to prevent posttraumatic enophthalmos, particularly in combined medial wall-orbital floor fractures...
- Budtz Lilly J, Wanhainen A, Eriksson J, Mani K. Adapting to a total endovascular approach for complex aortic aneurysm repair: Outcomes after fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic repair. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1349-1356 pubmed publisher..This may help guide future considerations of how to refer or treat this complex patient group. ..
- Andersson K, Dahllöf G, Lindahl K, Kindmark A, Grigelioniene G, Aström E, et al. Mutations in COL1A1 and COL1A2 and dental aberrations in children and adolescents with osteogenesis imperfecta - A retrospective cohort study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0176466 pubmed publisher..The varying expressivity of DGI is related to the location of the collagen I mutation. Genotype information may be helpful in identifying individuals with OI who have an increased risk of dental aberrations. ..
- Olivecrona G, Lagerqvist B, Frobert O, Gudnason T, Maeng M, Ramunddal T, et al. Impact of thrombus aspiration during ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: a six month composite endpoint and risk of stroke analyses of the TASTE trial. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2016;16:62 pubmed publisher..There was no evidence of an increased risk of stroke with thrombus aspiration. ..
- Crona J, Delgado Verdugo A, Maharjan R, Stalberg P, Granberg D, Hellman P, et al. Somatic mutations in H-RAS in sporadic pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma identified by exome sequencing. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E1266-71 pubmed publisher..Mutations in RAS subtypes H, K, and N are common in human cancers; however, previous studies have been inconsistent regarding the mutational status of RAS in PCC and PGL...
- Samuelsson C, Howells T, Kumlien E, Enblad P, Hillered L, Ronne Engstrom E. Relationship between intracranial hemodynamics and microdialysis markers of energy metabolism and glutamate-glutamine turnover in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage. Clinical article. J Neurosurg. 2009;111:910-5 pubmed publisher..Moreover, their data raised the question of whether patients with SAH and moderately elevated ICP (15-20 mm Hg) would benefit from CSF drainage at lower pressure levels than what is usually indicated in current clinical protocols. ..
- Holmström G, Hellstrom A, Jakobsson P, Lundgren P, Tornqvist K, Wallin A. Swedish national register for retinopathy of prematurity (SWEDROP) and the evaluation of screening in Sweden. Arch Ophthalmol. 2012;130:1418-24 pubmed publisher..To evaluate screening for retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) in Sweden and to investigate possible modifications of the present screening guidelines...
- Ernesäter A, Engström M, Holmstrom I, Winblad U. Incident reporting in nurse-led national telephone triage in Sweden: the reported errors reveal a pattern that needs to be broken. J Telemed Telecare. 2010;16:243-7 pubmed publisher..The implications for practice are that poor accessibility is a matter that should be addressed and that the reasons for incorrect assessment should be explored. ..
- Henningsson A, Marsh S, Loos W, Karlsson M, Garsa A, Mross K, et al. Association of CYP2C8, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and ABCB1 polymorphisms with the pharmacokinetics of paclitaxel. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:8097-104 pubmed..This study indicates that the presently evaluated variant alleles in the CYP2C8, CYP3A4, CYP3A5, and ABCB1 genes do not explain the substantial interindividual variability in paclitaxel pharmacokinetics. ..
- Zetterling M, Hallberg L, Ronne Engstrom E. Early global brain oedema in relation to clinical admission parameters and outcome in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid haemorrhage. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010;152:1527-33; discussion 1533 pubmed publisher..However, the nature of the oedema as well as its relation to the clinical course has to be further studied in separate studies. ..
- Läckgren G, Wåhlin N, Sköldenberg E, Neveus T, Stenberg A. Endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux with dextranomer/hyaluronic acid copolymer is effective in either double ureters or a small kidney. J Urol. 2003;170:1551-5; discussion 1555 pubmed..Endoscopic treatment with Dx/HA copolymer appears to be an effective and well tolerated alternative to open surgery for first line treatment of VUR associated with double ureters or a small kidney. ..
- Stenberg A, Larsson E, LAckgren G. Endoscopic treatment with dextranomer-hyaluronic acid for vesicoureteral reflux: histological findings. J Urol. 2003;169:1109-13 pubmed..They are typical histological findings associated with implantation of a foreign material. Dextranomer-hyaluronic acid co-polymer remains safe and effective for vesicoureteral reflux in children. ..
- Magnusson L, Ekman S. Osteoarthrosis of the antebrachiocarpal joint of 7 riding horses. Acta Vet Scand. 2001;42:429-34 pubmed..Considering the severe joint lesions it took long time before the horse-owners noticed the lameness. It is discussed if the threshold of pain is higher in the antebrachiocarpal joint compared with the middle carpal joint. ..
- Robinson Y, Michaelsson K, Sandén B. Instrumentation in lumbar fusion improves back pain but not quality of life 2 years after surgery. A study of 1,310 patients with degenerative disc disease from the Swedish Spine Register SWESPINE. Acta Orthop. 2013;84:7-11 pubmed publisher..We compared the 2-year results of 3 methods of lumbar fusion when used in degenerative disc disease (DDD), using the Swedish Spine Register (SWESPINE)...