Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nucleic acid conformation in Stockholm, Sweden
Locale: Stockholm, Sweden
Topic: nucleic acid conformation
- Melefors O. Translational regulation in vivo of the Drosophila melanogaster mRNA encoding succinate dehydrogenase iron protein via iron responsive elements. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;221:437-41 pubmed..Addition of hemin to the drosophila cells lead to fragmentation of the SDH-IP, which might suggest additional mode to specifically down-regulate the expression of this protein and Krebs cycle function. ..
- Arner E, Sarioglu H, Lottspeich F, Holmgren A, Bock A. High-level expression in Escherichia coli of selenocysteine-containing rat thioredoxin reductase utilizing gene fusions with engineered bacterial-type SECIS elements and co-expression with the selA, selB and selC genes. J Mol Biol. 1999;292:1003-16 pubmed..These results show that with the strategy utilized here, the capacity of selenoprotein synthesis in E. coli is more than sufficient for making possible the use of the bacteria for production of recombinant selenoproteins. ..
- van Dam L, Levitt M. BII nucleotides in the B and C forms of natural-sequence polymeric DNA: A new model for the C form of DNA. J Mol Biol. 2000;304:541-61 pubmed..This work shows that the B to C transition in fibers corresponds to BI to BII conformational changes of the individual nucleotides...
- Carter S, Sjögren C. The SMC complexes, DNA and chromosome topology: right or knot?. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2012;47:1-16 pubmed publisher..This review focuses on the details of the relationship between the SMC complexes and topology. It also discusses the possibility that the SMC complexes are united by a capability to sense the geometrical chirality of DNA crossings. ..
- Segerstolpe Ã, Granneman S, BjÃ¶rk P, de Lima Alves F, Rappsilber J, Andersson C, et al. Multiple RNA interactions position Mrd1 at the site of the small subunit pseudoknot within the 90S pre-ribosome. Nucleic Acids Res. 2013;41:1178-90 pubmed publisher..We speculate that the modular structure of Mrd1 coordinates pseudoknot formation with pre-rRNA processing and subunit assembly. ..
- Yang L, Orenstein Y, Jolma A, Yin Y, Taipale J, Shamir R, et al. Transcription factor family-specific DNA shape readout revealed by quantitative specificity models. Mol Syst Biol. 2017;13:910 pubmed publisher..Overall, this work suggests a way of obtaining mechanistic insights into TF-DNA binding without relying on experimentally solved all-atom structures. ..