Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neurons in Stockholm, Sweden
Locale: Stockholm, Sweden
Publications205 found, 100 shown here
- Ledda F, Bieraugel O, Fard S, Vilar M, Paratcha G. Lrig1 is an endogenous inhibitor of Ret receptor tyrosine kinase activation, downstream signaling, and biological responses to GDNF. J Neurosci. 2008;28:39-49 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide an insight into Lrig1 function and establish a new physiological mechanism to restrict signaling and biological responses induced by GDNF and Ret in neuronal cells. ..
- Fuxe K, Marcellino D, Woods A, Giuseppina L, Antonelli T, Ferraro L, et al. Integrated signaling in heterodimers and receptor mosaics of different types of GPCRs of the forebrain: relevance for schizophrenia. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2009;116:923-39 pubmed publisher..In addition, a combined targeting of receptor mosaics in the ventral striatum and in the cerebral cortex should also be considered. ..
- Huss M, Lansner A, Wallén P, El Manira A, Grillner S, Kotaleski J. Roles of ionic currents in lamprey CpG neurons: a modeling study. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:2696-711 pubmed..In particular, the balance between the simulated slow sodium-dependent and calcium-dependent potassium currents has been explored, as well as the possible involvement of dendritic conductances...
- Mercer A, Rönnholm H, Holmberg J, Lundh H, Heidrich J, Zachrisson O, et al. PACAP promotes neural stem cell proliferation in adult mouse brain. J Neurosci Res. 2004;76:205-15 pubmed..We conclude that PACAP, through PAC1, is a potent mediator of adult neural stem cell proliferation. ..
- Bryja V, Cajanek L, Grahn A, Schulte G. Inhibition of endocytosis blocks Wnt signalling to beta-catenin by promoting dishevelled degradation. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2007;190:55-61 pubmed
- Horn Z, Ringstedt T, Blaesse P, Kaila K, Herlenius E. Premature expression of KCC2 in embryonic mice perturbs neural development by an ion transport-independent mechanism. Eur J Neurosci. 2010;31:2142-55 pubmed publisher..1N. These results point to a role of KCC2 in neuronal differentiation and migration during early development mediated by its direct structural interactions with the neuronal cytoskeleton. ..
- Fu W, Le Maitre E, Fabre V, Bernard J, David Xu Z, Hokfelt T. Chemical neuroanatomy of the dorsal raphe nucleus and adjacent structures of the mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:3464-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, extrapolation of DRN physiology, and possibly pathology, from rat to mouse, and even human, should be made with caution. ..
- Lewicka M, Hermanson O, Rising A. Recombinant spider silk matrices for neural stem cell cultures. Biomaterials. 2012;33:7712-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest that recombinant spider silk matrices provide a functional microenvironment and represent a useful tool for the development of new strategies in neural stem cell research. ..
- Kolodziejczyk A, Sun X, Meinertzhagen I, Nassel D. Glutamate, GABA and acetylcholine signaling components in the lamina of the Drosophila visual system. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2110 pubmed publisher..In summary, this paper describes novel features of two distinct types of tangential neurons in the Drosophila lamina and assigns putative neurotransmitters and some receptors to a few identified neuron types. ..
- Håkansson M, de Lecea L, Sutcliffe J, Yanagisawa M, Meister B. Leptin receptor- and STAT3-immunoreactivities in hypocretin/orexin neurones of the lateral hypothalamus. J Neuroendocrinol. 1999;11:653-63 pubmed
- Holm P, Akerud P, Wagner J, Arenas E. Neurturin is a neuritogenic but not a survival factor for developing and adult central noradrenergic neurons. J Neurochem. 2002;81:1318-27 pubmed..These data, combined with data in the literature, suggest that GDNF family ligands are able to independently regulate neuronal survival and/or neuritogenesis. ..
- Niu X, Bogdanovic N, Canlon B. The distribution and the modulation of tyrosine hydroxylase immunoreactivity in the lateral olivocochlear system of the guinea-pig. Neuroscience. 2004;125:725-33 pubmed..It is now demonstrated that protection against acoustic trauma by sound conditioning has a central component that is governed by TH in the LSO and the surrounding periolivary DLPO region. ..
- Linderholm K, Andersson A, Olsson S, Olsson E, SNODGRASS R, Engberg G, et al. Activation of rat ventral tegmental area dopamine neurons by endogenous kynurenic acid: a pharmacological analysis. Neuropharmacology. 2007;53:918-24 pubmed
- Agerman K, Hjerling Leffler J, Blanchard M, Scarfone E, Canlon B, Nosrat C, et al. BDNF gene replacement reveals multiple mechanisms for establishing neurotrophin specificity during sensory nervous system development. Development. 2003;130:1479-91 pubmed
- Meletis K, Barnabe Heider F, Carlen M, Evergren E, Tomilin N, Shupliakov O, et al. Spinal cord injury reveals multilineage differentiation of ependymal cells. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e182 pubmed publisher..Modulating the fate of ependymal progeny after spinal cord injury may offer an alternative to cell transplantation for cell replacement therapies in spinal cord injury. ..
- Lilja A, Porras O, Storelli E, Nordberg A, Marutle A. Functional interactions of fibrillar and oligomeric amyloid-? with alpha7 nicotinic receptors in Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2011;23:335-47 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that fibrillar A? exerts neurotoxic effects mediated partly through a blockade of ?7 nAChRs, whilst oligomeric A? may act as a ligand activating ?7 nAChRs, thereby stimulating downstream signaling pathways. ..
- Hu Z, Wei D, Johansson C, Holmström N, Duan M, Frisen J, et al. Survival and neural differentiation of adult neural stem cells transplanted into the mature inner ear. Exp Cell Res. 2005;302:40-7 pubmed..The results illustrate that adult NSCs can survive and differentiate in the injured inner ear. It also demonstrates the feasibility of gene transfer to generate specific progeny for cell replacement therapy in the inner ear. ..
- Andersson E, Tryggvason U, Deng Q, Friling S, Alekseenko Z, Robert B, et al. Identification of intrinsic determinants of midbrain dopamine neurons. Cell. 2006;124:393-405 pubmed..These data establish that Lmx1a and Msx1 are critical intrinsic dopamine-neuron determinants in vivo and suggest that they may be essential tools in cell replacement strategies in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Bertilsson G, Patrone C, Zachrisson O, Andersson A, Dannaeus K, Heidrich J, et al. Peptide hormone exendin-4 stimulates subventricular zone neurogenesis in the adult rodent brain and induces recovery in an animal model of Parkinson's disease. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:326-38 pubmed
- Holtze M, Asp L, Schwieler L, Engberg G, Karlsson H. Induction of the kynurenine pathway by neurotropic influenza A virus infection. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:3674-83 pubmed publisher..In light of its antagonistic actions on the NMDA receptor, kynurenic acid can potentially link infections with glutamatergic signaling in the developing brain. ..
- Planert H, Berger T, Silberberg G. Membrane properties of striatal direct and indirect pathway neurons in mouse and rat slices and their modulation by dopamine. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e57054 pubmed publisher..indirect striatal pathway function...
- Schilström B, Ivanov V, Wiker C, Svensson T. Galantamine enhances dopaminergic neurotransmission in vivo via allosteric potentiation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007;32:43-53 pubmed..These results may have bearing on the enhancement of negative and cognitive symptoms in schizophrenia. ..
- Castelo Branco G, Andersson E, Minina E, Sousa K, Ribeiro D, Kokubu C, et al. Delayed dopaminergic neuron differentiation in Lrp6 mutant mice. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:211-21 pubmed publisher..5. Our results, therefore, suggest a role for Lrp6 in the onset of DA neuron development in the VM as well as a role in midbrain morphogenesis. ..
- Zilberter M, Ivanov A, Ziyatdinova S, Mukhtarov M, Malkov A, Alpar A, et al. Dietary energy substrates reverse early neuronal hyperactivity in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. J Neurochem. 2013;125:157-71 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results suggest that early AD-related neuronal malfunctions underlying hyperexcitability and energy metabolism deficiency can be prevented by dietary supplementation with native energy substrates. ..
- Sousa K, Mira H, Hall A, Jansson Sjöstrand L, Kusakabe M, Arenas E. Microarray analyses support a role for Nurr1 in resistance to oxidative stress and neuronal differentiation in neural stem cells. Stem Cells. 2007;25:511-9 pubmed..Thus, our results confirm the presence of both secreted and cell-intrinsic survival signals modulated by Nurr1 and suggest that Nurr1 is a key regulator of both survival and dopaminergic differentiation. ..
- Stenkrona P, Halldin C, Lundberg J. 5-HTT and 5-HT(1A) receptor occupancy of the novel substance vortioxetine (Lu AA21004). A PET study in control subjects. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013;23:1190-8 pubmed publisher..Based on the literature and the present [¹¹C]MADAM binding data, a dose of 20-30 mg Lu AA21004 is suggested to give clinically relevant occupancy of the 5-HTT. ..
- Ledda F. Ligand-induced cell adhesion as a new mechanism to promote synapse formation. Cell Adh Migr. 2007;1:137-9 pubmed..In this overview, I summarize the current concepts of synapse formation in the limelight of this new mechanism of ligand-induced cell adhesion. ..
- Kruusmägi M, Kumar S, Zelenin S, Brismar H, Aperia A, Scott L. Functional differences between D(1) and D(5) revealed by high resolution imaging on live neurons. Neuroscience. 2009;164:463-9 pubmed publisher..Identification of a unique role of D(1) for the intra-neuronal interaction between the dopaminergic and glutamatergic systems will have implications for the development of more specific treatments in many neuropsychiatric disorders. ..
- Feyder M, SÃ¶dersten E, Santini E, Vialou V, LaPlant Q, Watts E, et al. A Role for Mitogen- and Stress-Activated Kinase 1 in L-DOPA-Induced Dyskinesia and âˆ†FosB Expression. Biol Psychiatry. 2016;79:362-71 pubmed publisher..Results also show that accumulation of âˆ†FosB in striatonigral neurons is causally related to the development of dyskinesia. ..
- Kim H, Ã„hrlund Richter S, Wang X, Deisseroth K, CarlÃ©n M. Prefrontal Parvalbumin Neurons in Control of Attention. Cell. 2016;164:208-218 pubmed publisher..FS-PV neurons thus act as a functional unit coordinating the activity in the local mPFC circuit during goal-driven attentional processing. ..
- Hu Z, Ulfendahl M, Olivius N. Survival of neuronal tissue following xenograft implantation into the adult rat inner ear. Exp Neurol. 2004;185:7-14 pubmed
- Khan Z, Akhtar M, Asklund T, Juliusson B, Almqvist P, Ekström T. HDAC inhibition amplifies gap junction communication in neural progenitors: potential for cell-mediated enzyme prodrug therapy. Exp Cell Res. 2007;313:2958-67 pubmed..We show here an enhancement by 4-PB, of the functional GJC among NGC-407 cells, as well as between NGC-407 and human glioma cells, as indicated by increased fluorescent dye transfer. ..
- Nilsson I, Thams S, Lindfors C, Bergstrand A, Cullheim S, Hokfelt T, et al. Evidence of hypothalamic degeneration in the anorectic anx/anx mouse. Glia. 2011;59:45-57 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis of degeneration of hypothalamic arcuate neuron populations in the anx/anx mice, whereby the AGRP system may be first affected, the changes in the POMC system being secondary in this process. ..
- Edholm T, Levin F, Hellstrom P, Schmidt P. Ghrelin stimulates motility in the small intestine of rats through intrinsic cholinergic neurons. Regul Pept. 2004;121:25-30 pubmed..Ghrelin also stimulates motility, in vitro, suggesting that ghrelin receptors are present in the intestinal neuromuscular tissue and mediate its effects via cholinergic mechanisms. ..
- Nilsson L, Linderholm K, Erhardt S. Subchronic treatment with kynurenine and probenecid: effects on prepulse inhibition and firing of midbrain dopamine neurons. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2006;113:557-71 pubmed..In addition, no adaptive changes seem to occur with regard to the electrophysiological effects of KYNA on VTA DA neurons following subchronic treatment with kynurenine and probenecid. ..
- Johansen J, Teixeira V, Johansson C, Serrao P, Berggren P, Soares da Silva P, et al. Altered dopaminergic transmission in the anorexic anx/anx mouse striatum. Neuroreport. 2001;12:2737-41 pubmed..Striatal dopamine and its metabolites, but not norepinephrine, were slightly but significantly lower in anx/anx mice than in normal littermates. We suggest that abnormal dopaminergic transmission may contribute to the anx phenotype. ..
- Ellgren M, Spano S, Hurd Y. Adolescent cannabis exposure alters opiate intake and opioid limbic neuronal populations in adult rats. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2007;32:607-15 pubmed
- Ismail M, Mateos L, Maioli S, Merino Serrais P, Ali Z, Lodeiro M, et al. 27-Hydroxycholesterol impairs neuronal glucose uptake through an IRAP/GLUT4 system dysregulation. J Exp Med. 2017;214:699-717 pubmed publisher..Thus, reducing 27-OH levels or inhibiting AP-N maybe a useful strategy in the prevention of the altered glucose metabolism and memory decline in these disorders. ..
- Wang Y, Zhou K, Li T, Xu Y, Xie C, Sun Y, et al. Inhibition of autophagy prevents irradiation-induced neural stem and progenitor cell death in the juvenile mouse brain. Cell Death Dis. 2017;8:e2694 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that autophagy might be a potential target for preventing radiotherapy-induced neural stem and progenitor cell death and its associated long-term side effects. ..
- Tahera Y, Meltser I, Johansson P, Hansson A, Canlon B. Glucocorticoid receptor and nuclear factor-kappa B interactions in restraint stress-mediated protection against acoustic trauma. Endocrinology. 2006;147:4430-7 pubmed..These results emphasis how GR activity modulates hearing sensitivity and its importance for the rationale use of glucocorticoids in inner ear diseases. ..
- Lietzau G, Nystrom T, Ostenson C, Darsalia V, Patrone C. Type 2 diabetes-induced neuronal pathology in the piriform cortex of the rat is reversed by the GLP-1 receptor agonist exendin-4. Oncotarget. 2016;7:5865-76 pubmed publisher..Whether the identified neuropathology could represent an early hallmark of cognitive decline in T2D remains to be determined. ..
- Tamm C, Duckworth J, Hermanson O, Ceccatelli S. High susceptibility of neural stem cells to methylmercury toxicity: effects on cell survival and neuronal differentiation. J Neurochem. 2006;97:69-78 pubmed..The observed effects of MeHg on NSC differentiation offer new perspectives for evaluating the biological significance of MeHg exposure at low levels. ..
- Tahera Y, Meltser I, Johansson P, Canlon B. Restraint stress modulates glucocorticoid receptors and nuclear factor kappa B in the cochlea. Neuroreport. 2006;17:879-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that restraint stress modulates glucocorticoid receptor and nuclear factor kappaB activity in the spiral ganglion neurons, resulting in an altered response to stress. ..
- Evergren E, Benfenati F, Shupliakov O. The synapsin cycle: a view from the synaptic endocytic zone. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2648-56 pubmed..Recent studies have demonstrated that synapsins migrate to the endocytic zone of central synapses during neurotransmitter release, which suggests that there are additional functions for these proteins in SV recycling. ..
- Glavaski Joksimovic A, Thonabulsombat C, Wendt M, Eriksson M, Ma H, Olivius P. Morphological differentiation of tau-green fluorescent protein embryonic stem cells into neurons after co-culture with auditory brain stem slices. Neuroscience. 2009;162:472-81 pubmed publisher..The findings illustrate the significance of SC and auditory BS co-cultures regarding survival, migration, neuronal differentiation and connections. ..
- Nord L, Sundqvist J, Andersson E, Fried G. Analysis of oestrogen regulation of alpha-, beta- and gamma-secretase gene and protein expression in cultured human neuronal and glial cells. Neurodegener Dis. 2010;7:349-64 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that oestrogen may affect APP processing directly by regulating the expression of the involved enzymes. ..
- Lundberg J, Sodersten E, Sundström E, Le Blanc K, Andersson T, Hermanson O, et al. Targeted intra-arterial transplantation of stem cells to the injured CNS is more effective than intravenous administration: engraftment is dependent on cell type and adhesion molecule expression. Cell Transplant. 2012;21:333-43 pubmed publisher..In addition, we conclude that careful analysis of cells intended for local, intra-arterial transplantation with respect to integrin expression is important. ..
- Fetissov S, Jacoby A, Brumovsky P, Shine J, Iismaa T, Hokfelt T. Altered hippocampal expression of neuropeptides in seizure-prone GALR1 knockout mice. Epilepsia. 2003;44:1022-33 pubmed..However, to what extent causal relations exist between this "epilepsia peptidergic profile" and development of seizures requires further clarification. ..
- Spalding K, Bergmann O, Alkass K, Bernard S, Salehpour M, Huttner H, et al. Dynamics of hippocampal neurogenesis in adult humans. Cell. 2013;153:1219-1227 pubmed publisher..We conclude that neurons are generated throughout adulthood and that the rates are comparable in middle-aged humans and mice, suggesting that adult hippocampal neurogenesis may contribute to human brain function. ..
- Hansson E, Teixeira A, Gustafsson M, Dohda T, Chapman G, Meletis K, et al. Recording Notch signaling in real time. Dev Neurosci. 2006;28:118-27 pubmed..Finally, we use this assay to gain insights into the level of Notch signaling in CNS progenitor cells in culture and in vivo. ..
- Almgren M, Persson A, Fenghua C, Witgen B, Schalling M, Nyengaard J, et al. Lack of potassium channel induces proliferation and survival causing increased neurogenesis and two-fold hippocampus enlargement. Hippocampus. 2007;17:292-304 pubmed..This phenotype is a result, at least in DG, from increased proliferation, neurogenesis, and enhanced general hippocampal cell survival. ..
- Kress T, Harzsch S, Dircksen H. Neuroanatomy of the optic ganglia and central brain of the water flea Daphnia magna (Crustacea, Cladocera). Cell Tissue Res. 2016;363:649-77 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic aspects based upon structural comparisons are discussed as well as functional implications envisaging more specific future analyses of ecotoxicological and endocrine disrupting environmental chemicals. ..
- Kruusmägi M, Zelenin S, Brismar H, Scott L. Intracellular dynamics of calcyon, a neuron-specific vesicular protein. Neuroreport. 2007;18:1547-51 pubmed..We conclude that the mobility and storage properties of calcyon-containing vesicles imply that they play a role in brain plasticity. ..
- Morales M, Holmberg K, Xu Z, Cozzari C, Hartman B, Emson P, et al. Localization of choline acetyltransferase in rat peripheral sympathetic neurons and its coexistence with nitric oxide synthase and neuropeptides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:11819-23 pubmed..Acetylcholine, VIP, and CGRP are coexisting messenger molecules in some postganglionic sympathetic neurons. ..
- Xu Z, de Vente J, Steinbusch H, Grillner S, Hokfelt T. The NO-cGMP pathway in the rat locus coeruleus: electrophysiological, immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization studies. Eur J Neurosci. 1998;10:3508-16 pubmed..1994), a few neurons may influence a large population of noradrenergic LC neurons, which in turn may control activity in many regions of the central nervous system. ..
- Jin Y, Dons L, Kristensson K, Rottenberg M. Colony-stimulating factor 1-dependent cells protect against systemic infection with Listeria monocytogenes but facilitate neuroinvasion. Infect Immun. 2002;70:4682-6 pubmed
- ElShamy W, Ernfors P. Requirement of neurotrophin-3 for the survival of proliferating trigeminal ganglion progenitor cells. Development. 1996;122:2405-14 pubmed..These data provide evidence that NT-3 is a survival factor for trigeminal ganglion progenitor cells, and suggests that limiting amounts of NT-3 could influence progenitor cell numbers during gangliogenesis. ..
- Romanitan M, Popescu B, Winblad B, Bajenaru O, Bogdanovic N. Occludin is overexpressed in Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia. J Cell Mol Med. 2007;11:569-79 pubmed..Our findings could be important in unravelling new pathogenic pathways in dementia disorders and new functions of occludin and TJs. ..
- Sandoval Guzmán T, Göngrich C, Moliner A, Guo T, Wu H, Broberger C, et al. Neuroendocrine control of female reproductive function by the activin receptor ALK7. FASEB J. 2012;26:4966-76 pubmed publisher..Alk7 gene variants may contribute to female reproductive disorders in humans, such as polycystic ovary syndrome. ..
- Darsalia V, Mansouri S, Wolbert P, Barde S, Sjoholm A, Patrone C. The specific VPAC2 agonist Bay 55-9837 increases neuronal damage and hemorrhagic transformation after stroke in type 2 diabetic rats. Neuropeptides. 2013;47:133-7 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Bay 55-9837 did not show antidiabetic or antistroke efficacy in the type 2 diabetic GK rat. Contrarily, Bay 55-9837 treatment led to increased mortality and worsening of the severity of stroke. ..
- Breton J, Tennoune N, Lucas N, François M, Legrand R, Jacquemot J, et al. Gut Commensal E.Â coli Proteins Activate Host Satiety Pathways following Nutrient-Induced Bacterial Growth. Cell Metab. 2016;23:324-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, these data show that bacterialÂ proteins produced after nutrient-induced E.Â coli growth may signal meal termination. Furthermore, continuous exposure to E.Â coli proteins may influence long-term meal pattern. ..
- Grass S, Xu I, Wiesenfeld Hallin Z, Xu X. Comparison of the effect of intrathecal endomorphin-1 and endomorphin-2 on spinal cord excitability in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2002;324:197-200 pubmed..The results suggested that the spinal antinociceptive effects of endomorphin-1 and -2 are similar, with endomorphin-1 being more resistant to enzymatic degradation. ..
- Johansson S, Stromberg I. Fetal lateral ganglionic eminence attracts one of two morphologically different types of tyrosine hydroxylase-positive nerve fibers formed by cultured ventral mesencephalon. Cell Transplant. 2003;12:243-55 pubmed
- Deng Q, Andersson E, Hedlund E, Alekseenko Z, Coppola E, Panman L, et al. Specific and integrated roles of Lmx1a, Lmx1b and Phox2a in ventral midbrain development. Development. 2011;138:3399-408 pubmed publisher..Our data therefore establish that Lmx1b influences the differentiation of multiple neuronal subtypes in the ventral midbrain, whereas Lmx1a appears to be exclusively devoted to the differentiation of the DN lineage. ..
- Schlisio S. Neuronal apoptosis by prolyl hydroxylation: implication in nervous system tumours and the Warburg conundrum. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:4104-12 pubmed publisher..Despite the striking difference in ATP production, cancer cells might favour aerobic glycolysis to escape from EglN hydroxylation, resulting in the accumulation of oncogenic HIFalpha and/or resistance to EglN3-mediated apoptosis...
- Castelo Branco G, Rawal N, Arenas E. GSK-3beta inhibition/beta-catenin stabilization in ventral midbrain precursors increases differentiation into dopamine neurons. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:5731-7 pubmed..The three- to fivefold increase in DA differentiation of precursor cells by GSK-3beta inhibitors suggests that such compounds could be used to improve stem/precursor cell therapy approaches in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Nanou E, El Manira A. A postsynaptic negative feedback mediated by coupling between AMPA receptors and Na+-activated K+ channels in spinal cord neurones. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:445-50 pubmed..Thus, Na+ influx via AMPA receptor channels activates K(Na) with properties similar to Slack channels. The AMPA-activated K(Na) may act as an inherent negative feedback mechanism to regulate the homeostasis of excitation. ..
- Malmersjö S, Liste I, Dyachok O, Tengholm A, Arenas E, Uhlen P. Ca2+ and cAMP signaling in human embryonic stem cell-derived dopamine neurons. Stem Cells Dev. 2010;19:1355-64 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results unravel the temporal sequence by which hES cells acquire Ca(2+) and cAMP signaling competence during dopamine differentiation. ..
- Agnati L, Fuxe K. Extracellular-vesicle type of volume transmission and tunnelling-nanotube type of wiring transmission add a new dimension to brain neuro-glial networks. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2014;369: pubmed publisher..Gerdes and co-workers proposed the existence of a novel type of WT based on TNTs, which are straight transcellular channels leading to the formation in vitro of syncytial cellular networks found also in neuronal and glial cultures. ..
- Bozkurt T, Larsson O, Adner M. Stimulation of cannabinoid CB1 receptors prevents nerve-mediated airway hyperreactivity in NGF-induced inflammation in mouse airways. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;776:132-8 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a protective role of CB1 receptors in airway inflammation. ..
- Lothian C, Lendahl U. An evolutionarily conserved region in the second intron of the human nestin gene directs gene expression to CNS progenitor cells and to early neural crest cells. Eur J Neurosci. 1997;9:452-62 pubmed
- Hurd Y, Yakovleva T, Nussenzweig A, Li G, Terenius L, Bakalkin G. A novel neuron-specific DNA end-binding factor in the murine brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1999;14:213-24 pubmed..Since DNA end-binding factors are generally involved in DNA repair, the same function may be suggested for the novel factor identified in the present study. ..
- Broberger C, Visser T, Kuhar M, Hokfelt T. Neuropeptide Y innervation and neuropeptide-Y-Y1-receptor-expressing neurons in the paraventricular hypothalamic nucleus of the mouse. Neuroendocrinology. 1999;70:295-305 pubmed..This study further defines the link between NPY-induced feeding and the hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid axis. ..
- Tulke S, Williams P, Hellysaz A, Ilegems E, Wendel M, Broberger C. Nucleobindin 1 (NUCB1) is a Golgi-resident marker of neurons. Neuroscience. 2016;314:179-88 pubmed publisher..Along with the recent demonstration of broad expression of the protein in endocrine cells, the present results suggest that NUCB1 may play a role in spatiotemporal calcium handling in signaling cells. ..
- Agnati L, Ferre S, Lluis C, Franco R, Fuxe K. Molecular mechanisms and therapeutical implications of intramembrane receptor/receptor interactions among heptahelical receptors with examples from the striatopallidal GABA neurons. Pharmacol Rev. 2003;55:509-50 pubmed
- Tahera Y, Meltser I, Johansson P, Salman H, Canlon B. Sound conditioning protects hearing by activating the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;25:189-97 pubmed..These findings will help to define the cellular mechanisms responsible for protecting the auditory system from hearing loss by sound conditioning. ..
- Santini E, Feyder M, Gangarossa G, Bateup H, Greengard P, Fisone G. Dopamine- and cAMP-regulated phosphoprotein of 32-kDa (DARPP-32)-dependent activation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) and mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) signaling in experimental parkinsonism. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:27806-12 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that, in D1R-expressing MSNs, l-DOPA-induced activation of ERK and mTORC1 requires DARPP-32 and indicates the importance of the cAMP/DARPP-32 signaling cascade in dyskinesia. ..
- Arhem P. Vertical information flow in the brain: on neuronal micro events and consciousness. Biosystems. 1996;38:191-8 pubmed..The findings highlight the importance of understanding the stochastic nature of channel gating. ..
- Brumovsky P, Mennicken F, O donnell D, Hokfelt T. Differential distribution and regulation of galanin receptors- 1 and -2 in the rat lumbar spinal cord. Brain Res. 2006;1085:111-20 pubmed..Furthermore, the nerve injury-induced Gal(2) upregulation in motor neurons suggests a role for galanin in survival/regeneration mechanisms. ..
- Daré E, Tofighi R, Vettori M, Momoi T, Poli D, Saido T, et al. Styrene 7,8-oxide induces caspase activation and regular DNA fragmentation in neuronal cells. Brain Res. 2002;933:12-22 pubmed..The identified intracellular pathways affected by SO exposure provides end-points that can be used in future studies for the evaluation of the neurotoxic effect of styrene in vivo. ..
- Werme M, Messer C, Olson L, Gilden L, Thoren P, Nestler E, et al. Delta FosB regulates wheel running. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8133-8 pubmed
- Holmberg J, Clarke D, Frisen J. Regulation of repulsion versus adhesion by different splice forms of an Eph receptor. Nature. 2000;408:203-6 pubmed..We conclude that alternative usage of different splice forms of a tyrosine kinase receptor can mediate cellular adhesion or repulsion during embryonic development. ..