Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Topic: middle aged
Publications556 found, 100 shown here
- Westerberg P, Olauson H, Toss G, Wikstrom B, Morales O, Linde T, et al. Preoperative tumor localization by means of venous sampling for fibroblast growth factor-23 in a patient with tumor-induced osteomalacia. Endocr Pract. 2008;14:362-7 pubmed..To report on a novel strategy for tumor localization in a 62-year-old man with hypophosphatemic tumor-induced osteomalacia (TIO)...
- Djavani K, Wanhainen A, Valtysson J, Bjorck M. Colonic ischaemia and intra-abdominal hypertension following open repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm. Br J Surg. 2009;96:621-7 pubmed publisher..90. Peak IAP values correlated with the simultaneously measured pHi (r = -0.39, P = 0.003). Raised IAP is an important mechanism behind colonic hypoperfusion after rAAA repair. Monitoring IAP and timely intervention may improve outcome. ..
- Sandberg A. The standard concentric needle cannula cannot replace the Macro EMG electrode. Clin Neurophysiol. 2014;125:406-10 pubmed publisher..superficially recorded motor units. The standard CN electrode could not be used as substitute for the standard Macro EMG needle. ..
- Knight A, SundstrÃ¶m Y, BÃ¶rjesson O, Bruchfeld A, MalmstrÃ¶m V, Gunnarsson I. Late-onset neutropenia after rituximab in ANCA-associated vasculitis. Scand J Rheumatol. 2016;45:404-7 pubmed publisher..As infections are commonly seen, the condition requires an increased awareness. No predisposing factors for LON were identified. ..
- Adami H, Hsieh C, Lambe M, Trichopoulos D, Leon D, Persson I, et al. Parity, age at first childbirth, and risk of ovarian cancer. Lancet. 1994;344:1250-4 pubmed..Pregnancy-dependent clearance from the ovaries of cells that have undergone malignant transformation could explain the reproductive risk factors for ovarian cancer...
- Oldgren J, Siegbahn A, Grip L, Linder R, Thygesen K, Wallentin L. Myocardial damage, coagulation activity and the response to thrombin inhibition in unstable coronary artery disease. Thromb Haemost. 2004;91:381-7 pubmed
- Johansson C, Zunec R, GarcÃa M, Scherbarth H, Tate G, Paira S, et al. Chromosome 17p12-q11 harbors susceptibility loci for systemic lupus erythematosus. Hum Genet. 2004;115:230-8 pubmed..Several other interesting regions were found at 1p35, 1q31, 3q26, 5p15, 11q23 and 19q13, confirming previously identified loci for SLE or other autoimmune diseases. ..
- Holdstock C, Lind L, Engstrom B, Ohrvall M, Sundbom M, Larsson A, et al. CRP reduction following gastric bypass surgery is most pronounced in insulin-sensitive subjects. Int J Obes (Lond). 2005;29:1275-80 pubmed
- af Wåhlberg A. Driver celeration behavior and the prediction of traffic accidents. Int J Occup Saf Ergon. 2006;12:281-96 pubmed..The correlations found were strong enough to warrant the use of celeration behavior as a predictive variable for transportation companies in their safety work. ..
- Wadstrom J, Biglarnia A, Gjertsen H, Sugitani A, Fronek J. Introducing hand-assisted retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy: learning curves and development based on 413 consecutive cases in four centers. Transplantation. 2011;91:462-9 pubmed publisher..On the basis of our experience, we recommend the technique to increase the safety margin of LDN. ..
- Warensjo E, Byberg L, Melhus H, Gedeborg R, Mallmin H, Wolk A, et al. Dietary calcium intake and risk of fracture and osteoporosis: prospective longitudinal cohort study. BMJ. 2011;342:d1473 pubmed publisher..19 (1.06 to 1.32). Gradual increases in dietary calcium intake above the first quintile in our female population were not associated with further reductions in fracture risk or osteoporosis. ..
- Edmark L, Ostberg E, Scheer H, Wallquist W, Hedenstierna G, Zetterström H. Preserved oxygenation in obese patients receiving protective ventilation during laparoscopic surgery: a randomized controlled study. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2016;60:26-35 pubmed publisher..31. A CPAP of 10 cmH2 O during pre-oxygenation and induction, followed by PEEP after intubation, seemed to preserve oxygenation during anaesthesia. Post-operative oxygenation depended on the FIO2 used during emergence. ..
- Budtz Lilly J, Wanhainen A, Eriksson J, Mani K. Adapting to a total endovascular approach for complex aortic aneurysm repair: Outcomes after fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic repair. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1349-1356 pubmed publisher..This may help guide future considerations of how to refer or treat this complex patient group. ..
- Friberg U, Erwall C, Bagger Sjoback D, Rask Andersen H. Hyaluronan content in human inner ear fluids. Acta Otolaryngol. 1989;108:62-7 pubmed..These molecules may create a swelling pressure which is resistant to compressive forces that under conditions of increased intracranial hydrostatic pressure otherwise could cause ES collapse and impaired function. ..
- Rönnemaa E, Zethelius B, Sundelof J, Sundstrom J, Degerman Gunnarsson M, Berne C, et al. Impaired insulin secretion increases the risk of Alzheimer disease. Neurology. 2008;71:1065-71 pubmed publisher..In this longitudinal study, impaired acute insulin response at midlife was associated with an increased risk of Alzheimer disease (AD) up to 35 years later suggesting a causal link between insulin metabolism and the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Westin J, Nyholm D, Pålhagen S, Willows T, Groth T, Dougherty M, et al. A pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic model for duodenal levodopa infusion. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2011;34:61-5 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this work was to identify and estimate a population pharmacokinetic- pharmacodynamic model for duodenal infusion of a levodopa/carbidopa gel (Duodopa) to examine pharmacological properties of this treatment...
- Peterson M, Butler S, Eriksson M, Svardsudd K. A randomized controlled trial of exercise versus wait-list in chronic tennis elbow (lateral epicondylosis). Ups J Med Sci. 2011;116:269-79 pubmed publisher..The effects of exercise have been discussed, but no convincing evidence has been put forward so far, and a simple protocol for exercise is lacking...
- Ahlin E, Mathsson L, Eloranta M, Jonsdottir T, Gunnarsson I, Ronnblom L, et al. Autoantibodies associated with RNA are more enriched than anti-dsDNA antibodies in circulating immune complexes in SLE. Lupus. 2012;21:586-95 pubmed publisher..These finding have implications in understanding mechanisms of differential autoantibody accumulation in target organs in SLE. ..
- Vedin O, Hagström E, Stewart R, Brown R, Krug Gourley S, Davies R, et al. Secondary prevention and risk factor target achievement in a global, high-risk population with established coronary heart disease: baseline results from the STABILITY study. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2013;20:678-85 pubmed publisher..Although, most patients were receiving evidence-based secondary preventive therapy many subjects from all regions did not reach recommended secondary prevention goals. ..
- Enge M, Arda H, Mignardi M, Beausang J, Bottino R, Kim S, et al. Single-Cell Analysis of Human Pancreas Reveals Transcriptional Signatures of Aging and Somatic Mutation Patterns. Cell. 2017;171:321-330.e14 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate the feasibility of using single-cell RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) data from primary cells to derive insights into genetic and transcriptional processes that operate on aging human tissue. ..
- Janson E, Kalkner K, Eriksson B, Westlin J, Oberg K. Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy during treatment with lanreotide in patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Nucl Med Biol. 1999;26:877-82 pubmed
- Melin R, Fugl Meyer A. On prediction of vocational rehabilitation outcome at a Swedish employability institute. J Rehabil Med. 2003;35:284-9 pubmed..6, CI: 1.1-6.3) were significant predictors of positive outcome. In this sample, socio-psychological and educational aspects were far more predictive of outcome than were medical circumstances. ..
- Akerstrom G, Hellman P. Primary hyperparathyroidism. Curr Opin Oncol. 2004;16:1-7 pubmed..There is now increased interest to better understand possible causes of the disease and schedule the most efficient surgical and medical treatment and discuss possible prophylaxis. ..
- Karlsson J, Lind L, Hallberg P, Michaelsson K, Kurland L, Kahan T, et al. Beta1-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphisms and response to beta1-adrenergic receptor blockade in patients with essential hypertension. Clin Cardiol. 2004;27:347-50 pubmed
- Acosta S, Nilsson T, Bjorck M. D-dimer testing in patients with suspected acute thromboembolic occlusion of the superior mesenteric artery. Br J Surg. 2004;91:991-4 pubmed..The aim of this study was to assess the diagnostic properties of the fibrinolytic marker D-dimer...
- Nilsson K, Lukinius A, Pahlson C, Moron C, Hajem N, Olsson B, et al. Evidence of Rickettsia spp. infection in Sweden: a clinical, ultrastructural and serological study. APMIS. 2005;113:126-34 pubmed..The results of this study demonstrate that spotted fever rickettsioses should be taken into consideration in the diagnosis of tick-transmitted infections in Sweden. ..
- Johansson T, Lejonklou M, Ekeblad S, Stalberg P, Skogseid B. Lack of nuclear expression of hairy and enhancer of split-1 (HES1) in pancreatic endocrine tumors. Horm Metab Res. 2008;40:354-9 pubmed publisher..No nuclear expression of HES1 was found in the tumors. This lack of nuclear expression of HES1 may contribute to the abundance of ASCL1 and to tumorigenesis in the endocrine pancreas. ..
- Sehlin D, Söllvander S, Paulie S, Brundin R, Ingelsson M, Lannfelt L, et al. Interference from heterophilic antibodies in amyloid-? oligomer ELISAs. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;21:1295-301 pubmed..Taken together, HA interference is a problem that needs to be addressed when measuring low levels of an antigen in human plasma and CSF samples. ..
- Sarno G, Lagerqvist B, Carlsson J, Olivecrona G, Nilsson J, Calais F, et al. Initial clinical experience with an everolimus eluting platinum chromium stent (Promus Element) in unselected patients from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry (SCAAR). Int J Cardiol. 2013;167:146-50 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to describe the initial clinical experience with the everolimus eluting platinum chromium stent (Promus Element) in unselected patients from a real life nationwide registry...
- Lindblom A, Wallménius K, Nordberg M, Forsberg P, Eliasson I, Pahlson C, et al. Seroreactivity for spotted fever rickettsiae and co-infections with other tick-borne agents among habitants in central and southern Sweden. Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis. 2013;32:317-23 pubmed publisher..The study shows that both single and co-infections do occur, which illustrate the complexity in the clinical picture and a need for further studies to fully understand how these patients should best be treated...
- Björkman I, Berg J, Viberg N, Stålsby Lundborg C. Awareness of antibiotic resistance and antibiotic prescribing in UTI treatment: a qualitative study among primary care physicians in Sweden. Scand J Prim Health Care. 2013;31:50-5 pubmed publisher..This offers valuable insights into the planning and most likely the outcome of awareness or educational activities aimed at changed antibiotic prescribing behaviour. ..
- Perez Cornago A, Travis R, Appleby P, Tsilidis K, Tjønneland A, Olsen A, et al. Fruit and vegetable intake and prostate cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC). Int J Cancer. 2017;141:287-297 pubmed publisher..The main finding of this prospective study was that a higher fruit intake was associated with a small reduction in prostate cancer risk. Whether this association is causal remains unclear. ..
- Sigvant B, Hasvold P, Kragsterman B, Falkenberg M, Johansson S, Thuresson M, et al. Cardiovascular outcomes in patients with peripheral arterial disease as an initial or subsequent manifestation of atherosclerotic disease: Results from a Swedish nationwide study. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:507-514.e1 pubmed publisher..Despite younger age and substantial risk of future major CV events, patients with primary PAD received less intensive secondary preventive drug therapy. ..
- Damberg M, Berggard C, Mattila Evenden M, Rylander G, Forslund K, Garpenstrand H, et al. Transcription factor AP-2beta genotype associated with anxiety-related personality traits in women. A replication study. Neuropsychobiology. 2003;48:169-75 pubmed..Hence, these data further suggest the human AP-2beta gene as a novel candidate gene in personality. ..
- Beshara S, Barany P, Gutierrez A, Wikstrom B. Varying intervals of subcutaneous epoetin alfa in hemodialysis patients. J Nephrol. 2004;17:525-30 pubmed..In HD patients, the optimal injection frequency should be individually adjusted. Prolonged intervals can be applied to patients with low-dose requirements. Observing iron status and inflammation is necessary for optimal response. ..
- Kalliomäki M, Sandblom G, Gunnarsson U, Gordh T. Persistent pain after groin hernia surgery: a qualitative analysis of pain and its consequences for quality of life. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:236-46 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine the type of post-herniorrhaphy pain and its influence on daily life...
- Nyblom H, Bugliani M, Fung E, Boggi U, Zubarev R, Marchetti P, et al. Apoptotic, regenerative, and immune-related signaling in human islets from type 2 diabetes individuals. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:5650-6 pubmed publisher..The information about alterations in pathway signaling patterns may open new ways to develop strategies aimed at restoring islet cell function and survival. ..
- Cernvall M, Alaie I, von Essen L. The factor structure of traumatic stress in parents of children with cancer: a longitudinal analysis*. J Pediatr Psychol. 2012;37:448-57 pubmed publisher..Discussions Findings tentatively suggest that PTSS among parents of children with cancer consist of four factors. Implications for research and clinical practice are discussed. ..
- Svensson E, Aweeka F, Park J, Marzan F, Dooley K, Karlsson M. Model-based estimates of the effects of efavirenz on bedaquiline pharmacokinetics and suggested dose adjustments for patients coinfected with HIV and tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:2780-7 pubmed publisher..However, exposure to M3 would increase. Evaluation in clinical trials of adjusted regimens is necessary to ensure appropriate dosing for HIV-infected TB patients on an EFV-based regimen. ..
- Landberg R, Kamal Eldin A, Andersson A, Vessby B, Aman P. Alkylresorcinols as biomarkers of whole-grain wheat and rye intake: plasma concentration and intake estimated from dietary records. Am J Clin Nutr. 2008;87:832-8 pubmed..58, P < 0.001). Plasma AR concentrations are correlated with intake assessed by food records, which suggests that ARs are selective nutritional biomarkers for the intake of whole-grain wheat and rye. ..
- Dahlbom I, Korponay Szabo I, Kovács J, Szalai Z, Maki M, Hansson T. Prediction of clinical and mucosal severity of coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis by quantification of IgA/IgG serum antibodies to tissue transglutaminase. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010;50:140-6 pubmed publisher..The combined measurement of IgA-TGA and IgG-TGA enables a noninvasive prediction of small intestinal villous atrophy with high accuracy, and may reduce the need for a biopsy in patients with suspected CD. ..
- Soveri I, Holme I, Holdaas H, Budde K, Jardine A, Fellstrom B. A cardiovascular risk calculator for renal transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2012;94:57-62 pubmed publisher..734 in the assessment sample and 0.720 in the test sample. Using the Assessment of Lescol in Renal Transplantation trial population, a formula for 7-year CVD and mortality risk calculation for prevalent RTRs has been developed. ..
- Lindahl A, Low A, Stridsberg M, Sjoberg F, Ekselius L, Gerdin B. Plasma chromogranin A after severe burn trauma. Neuropeptides. 2013;47:207-12 pubmed publisher..91 in a ROC-analysis. The extent of neuroendocrine activation assessed as P-CgA after a major burn injury is independently related to organ dysfunction. ..
- Robinson Y, Michaelsson K, Sandén B. Instrumentation in lumbar fusion improves back pain but not quality of life 2 years after surgery. A study of 1,310 patients with degenerative disc disease from the Swedish Spine Register SWESPINE. Acta Orthop. 2013;84:7-11 pubmed publisher..We found no evidence for differences in QoL between uninstrumented fusion and instrumented interbody fusion. ..
- Dragomir A, de Wit M, Johansson C, Uhlen M, Ponten F. The role of SATB2 as a diagnostic marker for tumors of colorectal origin: Results of a pathology-based clinical prospective study. Am J Clin Pathol. 2014;141:630-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SATB2 provides a new and advantageous supplement for clinical differential diagnostics. ..
- Kampmann C, Dicksved J, Engstrand L, Rautelin H. Composition of human faecal microbiota in resistance to Campylobacter infection. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:61.e1-61.e8 pubmed publisher..Species composition of human gut microbiota is important for colonization resistance to Campylobacter infection. Especially individuals with a lower diversity are more susceptible to Campylobacter infection. ..
- Krattinger R, Boström A, Lee S, Thasler W, Schioth H, Kullak Ublick G, et al. Chenodeoxycholic acid significantly impacts the expression of miRNAs and genes involved in lipid, bile acid and drug metabolism in human hepatocytes. Life Sci. 2016;156:47-56 pubmed publisher..Bile acids significantly modulate metabolic and drug associated gene networks that are connected to distinct shifts in the microRNAome These findings give novel insights on how BA enfold metabolic and system toxic effects. ..
- Nagaev I, Andersen M, Olesen M, Nagaeva O, Wikberg J, Mincheva Nilsson L, et al. Resistin Gene Expression is Downregulated in CD4(+) T Helper Lymphocytes and CD14(+) Monocytes in Rheumatoid Arthritis Responding to TNF-? Inhibition. Scand J Immunol. 2016;84:229-36 pubmed publisher..In monocytes, fold change in RETN and TGF-? gene expressions upon TNF-?I correlated significantly. Our findings indicate that RETN has pro-inflammatory as well as proresolving roles in active RA. ..
- Eriksson B, Oberg K, Wilander E, Bengtsson A, Risberg B, Lindgren P, et al. Nuclear DNA distribution in neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors before and during treatment. Acta Oncol. 1989;28:193-7 pubmed..A change from diploid to aneuploid records was also seen in 7/23 (30%) carcinoid tumors after treatment. The DNA patterns before and after treatment did not show any correlation with survival or treatment response. ..
- Ross A, Kamal Eldin A, Lundin E, Zhang J, Hallmans G, Aman P. Cereal alkylresorcinols are absorbed by humans. J Nutr. 2003;133:2222-4 pubmed..AR absorbed by humans may be of importance as bioactive compounds, or as a biomarker of whole grain wheat and rye intake. ..
- Warensjo E, Riserus U, Gustafsson I, Mohsen R, Cederholm T, Vessby B. Effects of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids on estimated desaturase activities during a controlled dietary intervention. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2008;18:683-90 pubmed publisher..Both the [16:1/16:0]-ratio and 16:1 seem to reflect changes in saturated fat intake and may be useful markers of saturated fat intake in Western countries. ..
- Norlén O, Stalberg P, Oberg K, Eriksson J, Hedberg J, Hessman O, et al. Long-term results of surgery for small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors at a tertiary referral center. World J Surg. 2012;36:1419-31 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to identify prognostic factors for survival and to evaluate outcome after surgery in SI-NET patients...
- Mansouri L, Grabowski P, Degerman S, Svenson U, Gunnarsson R, Cahill N, et al. Short telomere length is associated with NOTCH1/SF3B1/TP53 aberrations and poor outcome in newly diagnosed chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients. Am J Hematol. 2013;88:647-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these novel data indicate that short TL already at diagnosis is associated with poor outcome in CLL and that TL can be measured at later stages of the disease. ..
- Loskog A, Maleka A, Mangsbo S, Svensson E, Lundberg C, Nilsson A, et al. Immunostimulatory AdCD40L gene therapy combined with low-dose cyclophosphamide in metastatic melanoma patients. Br J Cancer. 2016;114:872-80 pubmed publisher..AdCD40L therapy for MM was well tolerated. Local and distant responses along with better survival in the low-dose cyclophosphamide group are encouraging. ..
- Wieslander G, Norback D, Nordstrom K, Wålinder R, Venge P. Nasal and ocular symptoms, tear film stability and biomarkers in nasal lavage, in relation to building-dampness and building design in hospitals. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 1999;72:451-61 pubmed..To study the relationships between dampness in concrete floors and building design on the one hand, and symptoms and medical signs of the eyes and nose in hospital workers, on the other...
- Aleskog A, Bashir Hassan S, Hovstadius P, Kristensen J, Hoglund M, Tholander B, et al. Activity of CHS 828 in primary cultures of human hematological and solid tumors in vitro. Anticancer Drugs. 2001;12:821-7 pubmed..The results show that CHS 828 has potent antitumor activity against primary cultures of human tumor cells from patients and might have a unique mechanism of action...
- Thunberg U, Tobin G, Johnson A, Söderberg O, Padyukov L, Hultdin M, et al. Polymorphism in the P2X7 receptor gene and survival in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia. Lancet. 2002;360:1935-9 pubmed..011). The P2X7 polymorphism could affect clinical outcome in CLL, especially in patients with mutated V(H) genes. Studies are necessary to elucidate the biological role of the P2X7 polymorphism in CLL in vivo. ..
- Welsh N, Cnop M, Kharroubi I, Bugliani M, Lupi R, Marchetti P, et al. Is there a role for locally produced interleukin-1 in the deleterious effects of high glucose or the type 2 diabetes milieu to human pancreatic islets?. Diabetes. 2005;54:3238-44 pubmed
- Aberg K, Saetre P, Lindholm E, Ekholm B, Pettersson U, Adolfsson R, et al. Human QKI, a new candidate gene for schizophrenia involved in myelination. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2006;141B:84-90 pubmed..Taken together, we propose QKI as a possible target for functional studies related to the role of myelination in schizophrenia. ..
- Banduseela V, Ochala J, Lamberg K, Kalimo H, Larsson L. Muscle paralysis and myosin loss in a patient with cancer cachexia. Acta Myol. 2007;26:136-44 pubmed..This had a significant negative impact on muscle fiber size as well as maximum force normalized to muscle fiber cross-sectional area (specific tension)...
- Mattsson L, Lundgren T, Everberg H, Larsson H, Lidholm J. Prostatic kallikrein: a new major dog allergen. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:362-8 pubmed publisher..The dog allergen identified here was found to cross-react with human prostate-specific antigen, a key culprit in IgE-mediated vaginal reactions to semen. Prostatic kallikrein is a new major dog allergen. ..
- Jacobsson J, Riserus U, Axelsson T, Lannfelt L, Schioth H, Fredriksson R. The common FTO variant rs9939609 is not associated with BMI in a longitudinal study on a cohort of Swedish men born 1920-1924. BMC Med Genet. 2009;10:131 pubmed publisher..There is an interaction between physical activity and the effect of the FTO genotype on BMI levels suggesting that lack of physical activity is a requirement for an association of FTO gene variants to obesity. ..
- Billing E, McKenna S, Staun M, Lindqvist U. Adaptation of the Psoriatic Arthritis Quality of Life (PsAQoL) instrument for Sweden. Scand J Rheumatol. 2010;39:223-8 pubmed publisher..This study provides evidence that the adapted PsAQoL can be used for clinical studies in Swedish patients. The instrument provides valuable information on the long-term effects of PsA on QoL. ..
- Mani M, Semb G, Andlin Sobocki A. Nasolabial appearance in adults with repaired unilateral cleft lip and palate: Relation between professional and lay rating and patients' satisfaction. J Plast Surg Hand Surg. 2010;44:191-8 pubmed publisher..Judgement of nasolabial appearance in adults with repaired UCLP differs among professionals, lay people, and patients. This should be considered when deciding about secondary surgical treatment of signs of clefts. ..
- Pollard R, Rockstroh J, Pantaleo G, Asmuth D, Peters B, Lazzarin A, et al. Safety and efficacy of the peptide-based therapeutic vaccine for HIV-1, Vacc-4x: a phase 2 randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:291-300 pubmed publisher..Norwegian Research Council GLOBVAC Program and Bionor Pharma ASA. ..
- Linder F, Mani K, Juhlin C, EklÃ¶f H. Routine whole body CT of high energy trauma patients leads to excessive radiation exposure. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2016;24:7 pubmed publisher..The risk of missing important traumatic findings in these patients is very low. Observation of the patient with reexamination instead of imaging may be considered in this group of often young patients where radiation dose is an issue. ..
- Westerdahl E, Jonsson M, Emtner M. Pulmonary function and health-related quality of life 1-year follow up after cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2016;11:99 pubmed publisher..Measured levels of pain were low and saturation of peripheral oxygen was same as preoperatively. ..
- Peterson C, Eklund E, Taha Y, Raab Y, Carlson M. A new method for the quantification of neutrophil and eosinophil cationic proteins in feces: establishment of normal levels and clinical application in patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:1755-62 pubmed..We suggest that EPX and myeloperoxidase, when applied in IBD, are the best eosinophil and neutrophil markers for studying GI inflammation. ..
- Andersson G, Lindvall N, Hursti T, Carlbring P. Hypersensitivity to sound (hyperacusis): a prevalence study conducted via the Internet and post. Int J Audiol. 2002;41:545-54 pubmed..Hyperacusis was associated with concentration difficulties, use of ear protection, avoidance, tension, and sensitivity to light/colours. The present data suggest that hyperacusis is a common problem...
- Ilbäck N, Alzin M, Jahrl S, Enghardt Barbieri H, Busk L. Estimated intake of the artificial sweeteners acesulfame-K, aspartame, cyclamate and saccharin in a group of Swedish diabetics. Food Addit Contam. 2003;20:99-114 pubmed
- Eeg Olofsson O, Bergstrom T, Andermann F, Andermann E, Olivier A, Rydenhag B. Herpesviral DNA in brain tissue from patients with temporal lobe epilepsy. Acta Neurol Scand. 2004;109:169-74 pubmed..Detection of DNA from some herpesviruses in epileptic brain tissue may possibly be associated with distinct clinical conditions, but factors such as age and malformations of cortical development should also be considered. ..
- af Wåhlberg A. Speed choice versus celeration behavior as traffic accident predictor. J Safety Res. 2006;37:43-51 pubmed..The correlations found were strong enough to warrant the use of celeration behavior as a predictive variable for transportation companies in their safety work. ..
- Lannfelt L, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Batsman S, Ames D, Harrison J, et al. Safety, efficacy, and biomarker findings of PBT2 in targeting Abeta as a modifying therapy for Alzheimer's disease: a phase IIa, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Neurol. 2008;7:779-86 pubmed publisher..Future trials that are larger and longer will establish if the effects of PBT2 on biomarkers and cognition that are reported here translate into clinical effectiveness. ..
- Mallon L, Broman J, Hetta J. Restless legs symptoms with sleepiness in relation to mortality: 20-year follow-up study of a middle-aged Swedish population. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2008;62:457-63 pubmed publisher..No influence on mortality risk was found in men reporting restless legs symptoms with daytime sleepiness. The occurrence of restless legs symptoms with daytime sleepiness in middle-aged women is associated with increased mortality risk. ..
- Nyström A, Ekvall S, Allanson J, Edeby C, Elinder M, Holmstrom G, et al. Noonan syndrome and neurofibromatosis type I in a family with a novel mutation in NF1. Clin Genet. 2009;76:524-34 pubmed publisher..We confirm that NF1 mutations are involved in the etiology of NFNS. Furthermore, based on our results and previous studies we suggest that evaluation of the GAP-domain of NF1 should be prioritized in NFNS. ..
- Dahlqvist J, Orlén H, Matsson H, Dahl N, Lönnerholm T, Gustavson K. Multiple epiphyseal dysplasia. Acta Orthop. 2009;80:711-5 pubmed publisher..This information can be used to carry out genetic risk assessment of other family members and to achieve an early and correct diagnosis in the children. ..
- Grundmark B, Zethelius B, Garmo H, Holmberg L. Serum levels of selenium and smoking habits at age 50 influence long term prostate cancer risk; a 34 year ULSAM follow-up. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:431 pubmed publisher..Exploratory analyses of variations in OGG1 and MnSOD genes indicate that hypotheses about patterns of exposure to selenium and smoking combined with data on genetic variation in genes involved in DNA repair can be valuable to pursue. ..
- Sarno G, Lagerqvist B, Frobert O, Nilsson J, Olivecrona G, Omerovic E, et al. Lower risk of stent thrombosis and restenosis with unrestricted use of 'new-generation' drug-eluting stents: a report from the nationwide Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry (SCAAR). Eur Heart J. 2012;33:606-13 pubmed publisher
- Rystedt A, Nyholm D, Naver H. Clinical experience of dose conversion ratios between 2 botulinum toxin products in the treatment of cervical dystonia. Clin Neuropharmacol. 2012;35:278-82 pubmed publisher..7 (Botox:Dysport). The adverse events reported at this point were fewer for the patients treated. In this study, the most appropriate dose conversion ratio to use when switching from Botox to Dysport was 1:1.7. ..
- Antoni G, Lubberink M, Estrada S, Axelsson J, Carlson K, Lindsjö L, et al. In vivo visualization of amyloid deposits in the heart with 11C-PIB and PET. J Nucl Med. 2013;54:213-20 pubmed publisher..11)C-PIB and PET could be a method to study systemic amyloidosis of type AL and ATTR affecting the heart and should be investigated further both as a diagnostic tool and as a noninvasive method for treatment follow-up. ..
- Crona J, Björklund P, Welin S, Kozlovacki G, Oberg K, Granberg D. Treatment, prognostic markers and survival in thymic neuroendocrine tumours. a study from a single tertiary referral centre. Lung Cancer. 2013;79:289-93 pubmed publisher..Temozolomide or Platinum based chemotherapy should be considered as first-line medical therapy in patients with metastatic or non-resectable tumours. ..
- Sandberg D, Tolmachev V, Velikyan I, Olofsson H, Wennborg A, Feldwisch J, et al. Intra-image referencing for simplified assessment of HER2-expression in breast cancer metastases using the Affibody molecule ABY-025 with PET and SPECT. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2017;44:1337-1346 pubmed publisher..Tracer binding to shed HER2 in serum might affect quantification in the extreme case. ..
- Sangfelt P, Carlson M, Thorn M, Loof L, Raab Y. Neutrophil and eosinophil granule proteins as markers of response to local prednisolone treatment in distal ulcerative colitis and proctitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2001;96:1085-90 pubmed..05) in the response group and often occurred before clinical improvement. There was a nonsignificant trend toward a decrease in the concentrations of ECP and EPO at the end of treatment in responders. ..
- Peng S, Westermark G, Naslund J, Häggqvist B, Glennert J, Westermark P. Medin and medin-amyloid in ageing inflamed and non-inflamed temporal arteries. J Pathol. 2002;196:91-6 pubmed..Given the potential role of lactadherin as a mediator for the adhesion of cells, including macrophages, to other cells or surfaces, lactadherin or its fragment medin may be important in the inflammatory process in giant cell arteritis. ..
- Kurland L, Liljedahl U, Karlsson J, Kahan T, Malmqvist K, Melhus H, et al. Angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms: relationship to blood pressure response to antihypertensive treatment. Results from the Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation vs Atenolol (SILVHIA) trial. Am J Hypertens. 2004;17:8-13 pubmed..Despite this limitation, these results illustrate the potential of using SNP genotyping as a pharmacogenetic tool in antihypertensive treatment. ..
- Kjeldmand D, Holmstrom I, Rosenqvist U. Balint training makes GPs thrive better in their job. Patient Educ Couns. 2004;55:230-5 pubmed..These results might indicate higher work-related satisfaction and better doctor-patient relationship. ..
- Hayat Roshanai A, Rosenquist R, Lampic C, Nordin K. Cancer genetic counselees' self-reported psychological distress, changes in life, and adherence to recommended surveillance programs 3-7 years post counseling. J Genet Couns. 2009;18:185-94 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate no adverse effects of genetic counseling, but they do suggest that typical counseling procedures could be improved by provision of additional psychosocial support. ..
- Nilsson K, Elfving K, Pahlson C. Rickettsia helvetica in patient with meningitis, Sweden, 2006. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:490-2 pubmed publisher..Nucleotide sequences of the 16S rRNA, ompB, and 17kDa genes identified the isolate as R. helvetica. This organism may be associated with serious infections such as central nervous system disorders...
- Willing B, Dicksved J, Halfvarson J, Andersson A, Lucio M, Zheng Z, et al. A pyrosequencing study in twins shows that gastrointestinal microbial profiles vary with inflammatory bowel disease phenotypes. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1844-1854.e1 pubmed publisher..Interindividual variation and an inability to detect less abundant bacteria have made it difficult to correlate specific bacteria with disease...
- Christersson C, Oldgren J, Wallentin L, Siegbahn A. Treatment with an oral direct thrombin inhibitor decreases platelet activity but increases markers of inflammation in patients with myocardial infarction. J Intern Med. 2011;270:215-23 pubmed publisher..Further studies with prolonged exposure of oral DTIs are needed for evaluation of the effect on inflammatory processes and to determine whether these agents influence clinical outcomes. ..