Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Ekeblad S, Lejonklou M, Grimfjärd P, Johansson T, Eriksson B, Grimelius L, et al. Co-expression of ghrelin and its receptor in pancreatic endocrine tumours. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;66:115-22 pubmed..Ghrelin was expressed in 68% of tumours (8/9 MEN1). Despite frequent ghrelin expression, elevated circulating ghrelin is rare in these patients. ..
- Kiflemariam S, Andersson S, Asplund A, Ponten F, Sjoblom T. Scalable in situ hybridization on tissue arrays for validation of novel cancer and tissue-specific biomarkers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32927 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a foundation for comprehensive in situ gene set or transcriptome analyses of human normal and tumor tissues. ..
- Hellman K, Lindquist D, Ranhem C, Wilander E, Andersson S. Human papillomavirus, p16(INK4A), and Ki-67 in relation to clinicopathological variables and survival in primary carcinoma of the vagina. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:1561-70 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that p16(INK4A) and Ki-67 expression might be useful in tumour grading, and that it might be possible to use p16(INK4A) expression as a marker for HPV positivity, but this has to be further elucidated. ..
- Belák K, Koenen F, Vanderhallen H, Mittelholzer C, Feliziani F, De Mia G, et al. Comparative studies on the pathogenicity and tissue distribution of three virulence variants of classical swine fever virus, two field isolates and one vaccine strain, with special regard to immunohistochemical investigations. Acta Vet Scand. 2008;50:34 pubmed publisher..Thus, immunohistochemistry provides simple and sensitive tools for the prompt detection of newly emerging variants of CSFV, including the viruses of very mild virulence. ..
- Zhang X, Sundh U, Jansson L, Zetterqvist O, Ek P. Immunohistochemical localization of phosphohistidine phosphatase PHPT1 in mouse and human tissues. Ups J Med Sci. 2009;114:65-72 pubmed publisher..A salient result of the present investigation was the ubiquitous expression of the PHPT1 protein and its high expression in continuously dividing epithelial cells. ..
- Ekmark Lewén S, Lewén A, Israelsson C, Li G, Farooque M, Olsson Y, et al. Vimentin and GFAP responses in astrocytes after contusion trauma to the murine brain. Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2010;28:311-21 pubmed publisher..Vimentin immunoreactivity was more sensitive than the GFAP staining method to demonstrate the distribution and time course of astrocyte reactions after a contusion injury, especially in the white matter distant from the cortical lesion. ..
- Ferletta M, Grawe J, Hellmén E. Canine mammary tumors contain cancer stem-like cells and form spheroids with an embryonic stem cell signature. Int J Dev Biol. 2011;55:791-9 pubmed publisher..All the used markers indicate that the studied CMT-U229 cell line contains SP cells, which in particular have cancer stem-like cell characteristics. ..
- Artursson V, Finlay R, Jansson J. Combined bromodeoxyuridine immunocapture and terminal-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis highlights differences in the active soil bacterial metagenome due to Glomus mosseae inoculation or plant species. Environ Microbiol. 2005;7:1952-66 pubmed..mosseae inoculation were found to be mostly uncultured bacteria and Paenibacillus species. These populations may represent novel bacterial groups that are able to influence the AM relationship and its subsequent effect on plant growth. ..
- Liu W, Bostrom M, Kinnefors A, Rask Andersen H. Unique expression of connexins in the human cochlea. Hear Res. 2009;250:55-62 pubmed publisher..Their potential role in the processing of human auditory nerve signaling as well as non-GJ roles of the connexins in human cochlea is discussed. ..
- Ljungdahl A, Hanrieder J, Fälth M, Bergquist J, Andersson M. Imaging mass spectrometry reveals elevated nigral levels of dynorphin neuropeptides in L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in rat model of Parkinson's disease. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25653 pubmed publisher..This suggests that mu and/or delta subtype-selective opioid receptor antagonists may be clinically relevant for reducing L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Barbu A, Lejonklou M, Skogseid B. Progranulin Stimulates Proliferation of Mouse Pancreatic Islet Cells and Is Overexpressed in the Endocrine Pancreatic Tissue of an MEN1 Mouse Model. Pancreas. 2016;45:533-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify PGRN as an effective inducer of pancreatic islet cell proliferation and a possible important factor for pancreatic endocrine tumor development. ..
- Hahn Strömberg V, Askari S, Ahmad A, Befekadu R, Nilsson T. Expression of claudin 1, claudin 4, and claudin 7 in colorectal cancer and its relation with CLDN DNA methylation patterns. Tumour Biol. 2017;39:1010428317697569 pubmed publisher..Colorectal cancer cells showed dystopic cytoplasmic location of claudins. ..
- Hasumi Y, Kłosowska Wardega A, Furuhashi M, Ostman A, Heldin C, Hellberg C. Identification of a subset of pericytes that respond to combination therapy targeting PDGF and VEGF signaling. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:2606-14 pubmed
- Brännvall K, Corell M, Forsberg Nilsson K, Fex Svenningsen A. Environmental cues from CNS, PNS, and ENS cells regulate CNS progenitor differentiation. Neuroreport. 2008;19:1283-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that secreted factors from the environment can influence CNS progenitor cells to choose a PNS-like cell fate. ..
- Lukinius A, Stridsberg M, Wilander E. Cellular expression and specific intragranular localization of chromogranin A, chromogranin B, and synaptophysin during ontogeny of pancreatic islet cells: an ultrastructural study. Pancreas. 2003;27:38-46 pubmed..The early expression of CgA and synaptophysin may reflect a role at early fetal stages, and the individual localization of CgA and CgB upon differentiation indicates individual functions. ..
- Taha Y, Raab Y, Larsson A, Carlson M, Lööf L, Gerdin B, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)--a possible mediator of inflammation and mucosal permeability in patients with collagenous colitis. Dig Dis Sci. 2004;49:109-15 pubmed..Patients with collagenous colitis have increased colorectal mucosal secretion of VEGF, which may lead to albumin leakage and promote fibrosis with deposition of collagen. ..
- Ekeblad S, Nilsson B, Lejonklou M, Johansson T, Stalberg P, Nilsson O, et al. Gastrointestinal stromal tumors express the orexigen ghrelin. Endocr Relat Cancer. 2006;13:963-70 pubmed..All tumors expressed ghrelin, ghrelin receptor, and SV2 mRNA. GISTs frequently express SV2, ghrelin, and its receptor, indicating the presence of autocrine/paracrine loops. ..
- Skoglund L, Matsui T, Freeman S, Wallin A, Blom E, Frosch M, et al. Novel progranulin mutation detected in 2 patients with FTLD. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2011;25:173-8 pubmed publisher..From the screening of these 51 FTLD patients, we could also identify the earlier reported mutation Gln130fs, and several coding sequence variants that are most likely nonpathogenic. ..
- Shimokawa N, Okada J, Haglund K, Dikic I, Koibuchi N, Miura M. Past-A, a novel proton-associated sugar transporter, regulates glucose homeostasis in the brain. J Neurosci. 2002;22:9160-5 pubmed..Together, our results indicate that Past-A is a brain-specific glucose transporter that may represent an adaptation mechanism regulating sugar homeostasis in neuronal cells after hypercapnia. ..
- Lind T, Lind P, Jacobson A, Hu L, Sundqvist A, Risteli J, et al. High dietary intake of retinol leads to bone marrow hypoxia and diaphyseal endosteal mineralization in rats. Bone. 2011;48:496-506 pubmed publisher..Together these novel findings suggest that a rapid primary effect of excess retinol on bone tissue is the impairment of endosteal/marrow blood flow leading to hypoxia and pathological endosteal mineralization. ..
- Ekeblad S, Lejonklou M, Stalberg P, Skogseid B. Prognostic relevance of survivin in pancreatic endocrine tumors. World J Surg. 2012;36:1411-8 pubmed publisher..94; P = 0.90). High expression of nuclear survivin is a significant marker of a poor prognosis in patients with a pancreatic endocrine tumor. ..
- Bergström J, Engstrom U, Yamashita T, Ando Y, Westermark P. Surface exposed epitopes and structural heterogeneity of in vivo formed transthyretin amyloid fibrils. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;348:532-9 pubmed..The finding of a structural difference between wildtype ATTR and ATTR V30M material on one hand and ATTR Y114C material on the other suggests that the fibril formation pathway of these ATTR variants may differ in vivo. ..
- Rask Andersen H, Liu W, Linthicum F. Ganglion cell and 'dendrite' populations in electric acoustic stimulation ears. Adv Otorhinolaryngol. 2010;67:14-27 pubmed publisher..These spiral ganglion cells may be excellent targets for electric stimulation using the EAS technique. ..
- Fagerqvist T, Lindström V, Nordström E, Lord A, Tucker S, Su X, et al. Monoclonal antibodies selective for ?-synuclein oligomers/protofibrils recognize brain pathology in Lewy body disorders and ?-synuclein transgenic mice with the disease-causing A30P mutation. J Neurochem. 2013;126:131-44 pubmed publisher..Moreover, they could be potential candidates both for immunotherapy and as reagents in an assay to assess a potential disease biomarker. ..
- Fjällskog M, Hessman O, Eriksson B, Janson E. Upregulated expression of PDGF receptor beta in endocrine pancreatic tumors and metastases compared to normal endocrine pancreas. Acta Oncol. 2007;46:741-6 pubmed..This is also true for PDGFR beta expression in the corresponding stroma. We suggest that new therapeutic options to inhibit the growth and spread of EPTs could include targeting of PDGFR beta. ..
- Liu W, Glueckert R, Kinnefors A, Schrott Fischer A, Bitsche M, Rask Andersen H. Distribution of P75 neurotrophin receptor in adult human cochlea--an immunohistochemical study. Cell Tissue Res. 2012;348:407-15 pubmed publisher..The biological significance of p75(NTR) in human cochlea is discussed...
- Manojlović Gacić E, Skender Gazibara M, Popovic V, Soldatovic I, Boricic N, Raičević S, et al. Oncogene-Induced Senescence in Pituitary Adenomas--an Immunohistochemical Study. Endocr Pathol. 2016;27:1-11 pubmed publisher..p16 seems to have a more prominent role in the pituitary tumorigenesis than in the senescence. Recurrent growth in a subset of the pituitary adenomas is not associated with consistent changes in the senescence pattern. ..
- Andrae J, Hansson I, Afink G, Nister M. Platelet-derived growth factor receptor-alpha in ventricular zone cells and in developing neurons. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2001;17:1001-13 pubmed..We believe, in line with a few previous reports, that the PDGFR-alpha in addition marks a pool of undifferentiated cells, which are able to differentiate into neurons. ..
- Bergqvist A, Yokoo M, Båge R, Sato E, Rodriguez Martinez H. Detection of the hyaluronan receptor CD44 in the bovine oviductal epithelium. J Reprod Dev. 2005;51:445-53 pubmed..This is the first time CD44 has been detected in the epithelium of the tubal sperm reservoir in cattle, suggesting a pathway for the action of hyaluronan in this segment. ..
- Glimelius I, Edström A, Amini R, Fischer M, Nilsson G, Sundstrom C, et al. IL-9 expression contributes to the cellular composition in Hodgkin lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2006;76:278-83 pubmed..IL-9 expression is related to the histology, clinical picture and the presence of eosinophils and mast cells in HL. These results indicate that IL-9 is an important part of the cytokine network and inflammatory infiltrate in HL. ..
- Kårehed K, Wikström A, Olsson A, Larsson A, Olovsson M, Akerud H. Fibrinogen and histidine-rich glycoprotein in early-onset preeclampsia. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:131-9 pubmed publisher..01 and 0.001). HRG and fibrinogen might be involved in the hypercoagulability and the angiogenic imbalance seen in early-onset preeclampsia. ..
- Thulin A, Ringvall M, Dimberg A, Kårehed K, Väisänen T, Väisänen M, et al. Activated platelets provide a functional microenvironment for the antiangiogenic fragment of histidine-rich glycoprotein. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:1792-802 pubmed publisher..Our finding that tumor angiogenesis is elevated in HRG-deficient mice supports this conclusion. ..
- Osterberg J, Johnsson C, Gannedahl G, Westlund A, Haglund U. Alterations in mucosal immune cell distribution in septic rats. Shock. 1997;7:182-5 pubmed..01). We conclude that 24 h after the induction of peritonitis, there is an altered pattern of immunocompetent cells within the intestinal mucosa. ..
- Ata A, Funa K, Olsson Y. Expression of various TGF-beta isoforms and type I receptor in necrotizing human brain lesions. Acta Neuropathol. 1997;93:326-33 pubmed..Our findings suggest that TGF-beta s and their receptor type I are involved in reactive processes around necrotizing human brain lesions like glial and macrophage responses, angiogenesis, and deposition of extracellular matrix. ..
- Hernandez Jauregui P, Yacoub A, Kennedy S, Curran B, Tellez C, Svenda M, et al. Uptake of porcine rubulavirus (LPMV) by PK-15 cells. Arch Med Res. 2001;32:400-9 pubmed..The disease is characterized by meningoencephalitis and respiratory distress in young pigs, epididymitis and orchitis in boars, and reproductive failure and abortion in sows...
- Khalifa S, Friberg U, Illing R, Rask Andersen H. Synaptophysin immunohistochemistry in the human cochlea. Hear Res. 2003;185:35-42 pubmed..In the basal cochlea in the organ of Corti, outer hair cell area, there may be alterations due to noise trauma from the drilling procedure. ..
- Oberg K, Eriksson B. Endocrine tumours of the pancreas. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;19:753-81 pubmed..None of these can cure a patient with malignant disease. In future, therapy will be custom-made and based on current knowledge of tumour biology and molecular genetics...
- Jarvius M, Paulsson J, Weibrecht I, Leuchowius K, Andersson A, Wählby C, et al. In situ detection of phosphorylated platelet-derived growth factor receptor beta using a generalized proximity ligation method. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2007;6:1500-9 pubmed..The method should be of great value to study signal transduction, screen for effects of pharmacological agents, and enhance the diagnostic potential in histopathology. ..
- Raja E, Tzavlaki K, Vuilleumier R, Edlund K, Kahata K, Zieba A, et al. The protein kinase LKB1 negatively regulates bone morphogenetic protein receptor signaling. Oncotarget. 2016;7:1120-43 pubmed publisher..This new mechanism of BMP receptor regulation by LKB1 has ramifications in physiological organogenesis and disease. ..
- Ridderstrale Y, Wistrand P. Membrane-associated carbonic anhydrase activity in the brain of CA II-deficient mice. J Neurocytol. 2000;29:263-9 pubmed..CA II and the membrane-associated CA of choroidal epithelium are probably involved in the secretion of cerebrospinal fluid. ..
- Ekman E, Norrgren L. Pathology and immunohistochemistry in three species of salmonids after experimental infection with Flavobacterium psychrophilum. J Fish Dis. 2003;26:529-38 pubmed..The distribution of the bacteria in internal organs was similar in the three species, as studied with immunohistochemistry. ..
- Lindberg D, Akerstrom G, Westin G. Mutational analyses of WNT7A and HDAC11 as candidate tumour suppressor genes in sporadic malignant pancreatic endocrine tumours. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;66:110-4 pubmed..The putative 3p25 tumour suppressor remains to be identified. ..
- Edqvist P, Lek M, Boije H, Lindbäck S, Hallböök F. Axon-bearing and axon-less horizontal cell subtypes are generated consecutively during chick retinal development from progenitors that are sensitive to follistatin. BMC Dev Biol. 2008;8:46 pubmed publisher..The results are consistent with a model wherein added follistatin causes HC-generating progenitors to proliferate beyond the normal period of HC generation, thus producing extra HCs of both types that migrate to the HC layer. ..
- Wensman H, Kamgari N, Johansson A, Grujic M, Calounova G, Lundequist A, et al. Tumor-mast cell interactions: induction of pro-tumorigenic genes and anti-tumorigenic 4-1BB in MCs in response to Lewis Lung Carcinoma. Mol Immunol. 2012;50:210-9 pubmed publisher..Together, this study provides novel insight into the molecular events associated with MC-tumor interactions and suggests that tumor cells induce both pro- and anti-tumorigenic responses in MCs. ..
- Fellerhoff Losch B, Korol S, Ganor Y, Gu S, Cooper I, Eilam R, et al. Normal human CD4(+) helper T cells express Kv1.1 voltage-gated K(+) channels, and selective Kv1.1 block in T cells induces by itself robust TNFÎ± production and secretion and activation of the NFÎºB non-canonical pathway. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2016;123:137-57 pubmed publisher..induce recruitment and extravasation of curative immune cells and factors; c. improve accessibility of drugs to the brain and few peripheral organs thanks to TNFÎ±-induced increased permeability of organ's barriers. ..
- Laiho J, Oikarinen M, Richardson S, Frisk G, Nyalwidhe J, Burch T, et al. Relative sensitivity of immunohistochemistry, multiple reaction monitoring mass spectrometry, in situ hybridization and PCR to detect Coxsackievirus B1 in A549 cells. J Clin Virol. 2016;77:21-8 pubmed publisher..The results from this in vitro survey suggest that all methods are suitable tools for EV detection but that their differential sensitivities need to be considered when interpreting the results from such studies. ..
- Kunz T, Marklund N, Hillered L, Oliw E. Cyclooxygenase-2, prostaglandin synthases, and prostaglandin H2 metabolism in traumatic brain injury in the rat. J Neurotrauma. 2002;19:1051-64 pubmed
- Althini S, Bengtsson H, Usoskin D, Söderström S, Kylberg A, Lindqvist E, et al. Normal nigrostriatal innervation but dopamine dysfunction in mice carrying hypomorphic tyrosine hydroxylase alleles. J Neurosci Res. 2003;72:444-53 pubmed
- Boqvist S, Montgomery J, Hurst M, Thu H, Engvall E, Gunnarsson A, et al. Leptospira in slaughtered fattening pigs in southern Vietnam: presence of the bacteria in the kidneys and association with morphological findings. Vet Microbiol. 2003;93:361-8 pubmed..It is also suggested that the presence of white spots is an unreliable indicator of the presence of renal leptospires. ..
- Sharma H, Gordh T, Wiklund L, Mohanty S, Sjoquist P. Spinal cord injury induced heat shock protein expression is reduced by an antioxidant compound H-290/51. An experimental study using light and electron microscopy in the rat. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2006;113:521-36 pubmed..Further studies using post-injury treatment with H-290/51 is needed to explore its therapeutic potentials in clinical settings. ..
- Yaka C, Björk P, Schönberg T, Erlandsson A. A novel in vitro injury model based on microcontact printing demonstrates negative effects of hydrogen peroxide on axonal regeneration both in absence and presence of glia. J Neurotrauma. 2013;30:392-402 pubmed publisher..Co-culture with glial cells does not rescue the axonal regeneration, indicating that the mechanism by which H2O2 affects axonal regeneration differ from its cytotoxic effect. ..
- Eklund D, Edqvist J. Localization of nonspecific lipid transfer proteins correlate with programmed cell death responses during endosperm degradation in Euphorbia lagascae seedlings. Plant Physiol. 2003;132:1249-59 pubmed..On the basis of these data, we propose that ElLTP1 and ElLTP2 are involved in recycling of endosperm lipids, or that they act as protease inhibitors protecting the growing cotyledons from proteases released during programmed cell death. ..
- Persson E, Henriksson J, Tallkvist J, Rouleau C, Tjälve H. Transport and subcellular distribution of intranasally administered zinc in the olfactory system of rats and pikes. Toxicology. 2003;191:97-108 pubmed..In addition, impairment of the sense of smell and degenerative changes of the olfactory tissues have been seen in early stages of some neurodegenerative disorders...
- Tsolakis A, Portela Gomes G, Stridsberg M, Grimelius L, Sundin A, Eriksson B, et al. Malignant gastric ghrelinoma with hyperghrelinemia. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:3739-44 pubmed..This might be a new tumor entity of the stomach, and it is suggested that patients with malignant gastric neuroendocrine tumors should be investigated for ghrelin production. ..
- Strömberg S, Björklund M, Asplund C, Sköllermo A, Persson A, Wester K, et al. A high-throughput strategy for protein profiling in cell microarrays using automated image analysis. Proteomics. 2007;7:2142-50 pubmed
- Oreland S, Gustafsson Ericson L, Nylander I. Short- and long-term consequences of different early environmental conditions on central immunoreactive oxytocin and arginine vasopressin levels in male rats. Neuropeptides. 2010;44:391-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that environmentally induced alterations in OT transmission due to disrupted mother-pup interactions early in life may cause altered susceptibility to challenges later in life. ..
- Salmivirta K, Talts J, Olsson M, Sasaki T, Timpl R, Ekblom P. Binding of mouse nidogen-2 to basement membrane components and cells and its expression in embryonic and adult tissues suggest complementary functions of the two nidogens. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:188-201 pubmed..These findings revealed extensive coregulation of nidogen-1 and -2 expression and much more complementary functions of the two nidogens than previously recognized. ..
- Lopez J, Claessen S, Macville M, Albrechts J, Skogseid B, Speel E. Spectral karyotypic and comparative genomic analysis of the endocrine pancreatic tumor cell line BON-1. Neuroendocrinology. 2010;91:131-41 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we provide here a comprehensive cytogenetic profile of BON-1. This cell line harbors both numerical and structural genomic alterations indicative for malignant EPTs...
- Jiwakanon J, Persson E, Berg M, Dalin A. Influence of seminal plasma, spermatozoa and semen extender on cytokine expression in the porcine endometrium after insemination. Anim Reprod Sci. 2011;123:210-20 pubmed publisher..Insemination with solely SP clearly decreased PMN cell infiltration of the gilt endometrium. However, no clear relation between the cytokines studied and PMN cell presence was found...
- Jiang Y, Boije M, Westermark B, Uhrbom L. PDGF-B Can sustain self-renewal and tumorigenicity of experimental glioma-derived cancer-initiating cells by preventing oligodendrocyte differentiation. Neoplasia. 2011;13:492-503 pubmed..Our findings suggest that interfering with PDGF-controlled differentiation could be a therapeutic avenue for patients diagnosed with the PDGF-driven proneural subtype of human glioblastoma. ..
- Gobl A, Huang M, Wang S, Zhou Y, Oberg K. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding the rat interleukin-8 receptor. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1997;1326:171-7 pubmed..IL-8R mRNA containing cells were predominately found in the mantle zone of the germinal center. These cells were identified as B lymphocytes using the OX-33 monoclonal antibody. ..
- Dhar S, Nygren P, Liminga G, Sundstrom C, de la Torre M, Nilsson K, et al. Relationship between cytotoxic drug response patterns and activity of drug efflux transporters mediating multidrug resistance. Eur J Pharmacol. 1998;346:315-22 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of cell lines overexpressing drug efflux mechanisms in the panel do not significantly influence the mechanistic predictions...
- Korhonen L, Brännvall K, Skoglösa Y, Lindholm D. Tumor suppressor gene BRCA-1 is expressed by embryonic and adult neural stem cells and involved in cell proliferation. J Neurosci Res. 2003;71:769-76 pubmed..In adult rats, BRCA1 was expressed by cells in the walls of brain ventricles and in choroid plexus. The results show that BRCA-1 is present in embryonic and adult rat NSC and that the expression is linked to NSC proliferation. ..
- Popova S, Rodriguez Sanchez B, Lidén A, Betsholtz C, Van Den Bos T, Gullberg D. The mesenchymal alpha11beta1 integrin attenuates PDGF-BB-stimulated chemotaxis of embryonic fibroblasts on collagens. Dev Biol. 2004;270:427-42 pubmed
- Takenaga K, Nygren J, Zelenina M, Ohira M, Iuchi T, Lukanidin E, et al. Modified expression of Mts1/S100A4 protein in C6 glioma cells or surrounding astrocytes affects migration of tumor cells in vitro and in vivo. Neurobiol Dis. 2007;25:455-63 pubmed..Our data showed that high-grade glioblastomas express higher amount of S100A4/Mts1 than low-grade astrocytic tumors. ..
- Bjorklund P, Cupisti K, Fryknäs M, Isaksson A, Willenberg H, Akerstrom G, et al. Stathmin as a marker for malignancy in pheochromocytomas. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2010;118:27-30 pubmed publisher..The results introduce stathmin as a possible diagnostic marker for malignant pheochromocytomas, and further evaluations are warranted. ..
- Wentzel P, Eriksson U. Altered gene expression in neural crest cells exposed to ethanol in vitro. Brain Res. 2009;1305 Suppl:S50-60 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ethanol downregulates cNCC Hox genes, whereas tNCC Hox genes are upregulated. These patterns of ethanol-altered gene expression may be of etiological importance for NCC-associated maldevelopment in ethanol-exposed pregnancy. ..
- Cunningham J, Tsolakis A, Jacobson A, Janson E. Connective tissue growth factor expression in endocrine tumors is associated with high stromal expression of alpha-smooth muscle actin. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010;163:691-7 pubmed publisher..This study aimed to examine CTGF expression in relation to local myofibroblast differentiation in a large series of ileal carcinoids and in different types of endocrine tumors...
- Tsolakis A, Grimelius L, Islam M. Expression of the coiled coil domain containing protein 116 in the pancreatic islets and endocrine pancreatic tumors. Islets. 2012;4:349-53 pubmed publisher..Most of the EPTs also contained CCDC116 protein. These findings suggest that this protein may play some role for the above mentioned endocrine cells and tumors. Its function has to be investigated in future studies. ..
- Siesing C, Sorbye H, Dragomir A, Pfeiffer P, Qvortrup C, Ponten F, et al. High RBM3 expression is associated with an improved survival and oxaliplatin response in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0182512 pubmed publisher..020 and 0.022 respectively). High RBM3 expression is an independent predictor of prolonged survival in mCRC patients, in particular in patients treated with first-line oxaliplatin based chemotherapy. ..
- Henriksen R, Funa K, Wilander E, Backstrom T, Ridderheim M, Oberg K. Expression and prognostic significance of platelet-derived growth factor and its receptors in epithelial ovarian neoplasms. Cancer Res. 1993;53:4550-4 pubmed..Thus, the concomitant expression of PDGF and PDGFR alpha in tumor cells is related to progression of malignant ovarian tumors, indicating a functional role of PDGF via autocrine growth stimulation. ..
- Olsson P, Bornhauser B, Korhonen L, Lindholm D. Neuronal expression of the ERM-like protein MIR in rat brain and its localization to human chromosome 6. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;279:879-83 pubmed..The presence of MIR in brain neurons during development together with its known effects on neurite outgrowth suggest an important function of the protein in the regulation of nerve cell motility and cytoskeletal interactions. ..
- Ribom D, Andrae J, Frielingsdorf M, Hartman M, Nister M, Smits A. Prognostic value of platelet derived growth factor alpha receptor expression in grade 2 astrocytomas and oligoastrocytomas. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2002;72:782-7 pubmed..The findings suggest that expression of the receptor may be a useful prognostic marker in such patients. ..
- O Callaghan P, Sandwall E, Li J, Yu H, Ravid R, Guan Z, et al. Heparan sulfate accumulation with Abeta deposits in Alzheimer's disease and Tg2576 mice is contributed by glial cells. Brain Pathol. 2008;18:548-61 pubmed publisher..In mouse primary glial cultures, we observed increased levels of GPC1 and SDC3 following Abeta stimulation. These results suggest that HS codeposits with Abeta40 in neuritic plaques and is mainly derived from glial cells. ..
- Tydén E, Bjornstrom H, Tjälve H, Larsson P. Expression and localization of BCRP, MRP1 and MRP2 in intestines, liver and kidney in horse. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2010;33:332-40 pubmed publisher..Many drugs used in horse are substrates for one or more of the ABC transport proteins. These transporters may therefore have important functions for oral bioavailability, distribution and excretion of substrate compounds in horse...
- Popova S, Tarvainen I, Capellari S, Parchi P, Hannikainen P, Pirinen E, et al. Divergent clinical and neuropathological phenotype in a Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker P102L family. Acta Neurol Scand. 2012;126:315-23 pubmed publisher..Gerstmann-Sträussler-Scheinker syndrome should be considered in the differential diagnosis when handling with patients with ataxia and/or dementia of unclear aetiology. ..
- Lindskog C, Korsgren O, Ponten F, Eriksson J, Johansson L, Danielsson A. Novel pancreatic beta cell-specific proteins: antibody-based proteomics for identification of new biomarker candidates. J Proteomics. 2012;75:2611-20 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we present four proteins; DGCR2, GBF1, GPR44 and SerpinB10, the expression of which has not previously been described in beta cells. ..
- Liu W, Yu W, Carling T, Juhlin C, Rastad J, Ridefelt P, et al. Regulation of gp330/megalin expression by vitamins A and D. Eur J Clin Invest. 1998;28:100-7 pubmed
- Poorafshar M, Hellman L. Cloning and structural analysis of leydin, a novel human serine protease expressed by the Leydig cells of the testis. Eur J Biochem. 1999;261:244-50 pubmed..However, leydin may also be activated by a trypsin-like enzyme, possibly by auto catalysis. ..
- Sköldberg F, Portela Gomes G, Grimelius L, Nilsson G, Perheentupa J, Betterle C, et al. Histidine decarboxylase, a pyridoxal phosphate-dependent enzyme, is an autoantigen of gastric enterochromaffin-like cells. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003;88:1445-52 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first report of autoantibodies against histidine decarboxylase and absence of gastric enterochromaffin-like cells. ..
- Henningsson F, Yamamoto K, Saftig P, Reinheckel T, Peters C, Knight S, et al. A role for cathepsin E in the processing of mast-cell carboxypeptidase A. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:2035-42 pubmed..Taken together, our results indicate that cathepsin E is located in mast-cell secretory granules in complex with heparin proteoglycans, and that it has a role in the processing of procarboxypeptidase A into active protease. ..
- Wallén Mackenzie A, Gezelius H, Thoby Brisson M, Nygård A, Enjin A, Fujiyama F, et al. Vesicular glutamate transporter 2 is required for central respiratory rhythm generation but not for locomotor central pattern generation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:12294-307 pubmed..Hence, the present study identifies VGLUT2-mediated signaling as an obligatory component of the developing respiratory rhythm generator. ..
- Leja J, Essaghir A, Essand M, Wester K, Oberg K, Totterman T, et al. Novel markers for enterochromaffin cells and gastrointestinal neuroendocrine carcinomas. Mod Pathol. 2009;22:261-72 pubmed publisher..We verified six novel marker genes that may be developed as biomarkers and/or therapeutic targets...
- Sharma H, Miclescu A, Wiklund L. Cardiac arrest-induced regional blood-brain barrier breakdown, edema formation and brain pathology: a light and electron microscopic study on a new model for neurodegeneration and neuroprotection in porcine brain. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2011;118:87-114 pubmed publisher..These observations strongly suggest that the model could be used to explore new therapeutic agents to enhance neurorepair following cardiac arrest-induced brain damage for therapeutic purposes. ..
- Noborn F, O Callaghan P, Hermansson E, Zhang X, Ancsin J, Damas A, et al. Heparan sulfate/heparin promotes transthyretin fibrillization through selective binding to a basic motif in the protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5584-9 pubmed publisher..Heparin of low molecular weight (Klexane) did not demonstrate this effect. ..
- Le Jan S, Hayashi M, Kasza Z, Eriksson I, Bishop J, Weibrecht I, et al. Functional overlap between chondroitin and heparan sulfate proteoglycans during VEGF-induced sprouting angiogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:1255-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide information relevant for potential future drug design efforts that involve targeting of proteoglycans in the vasculature. ..
- Hunter K, Palermo C, Kester J, Simpson K, Li J, Tang L, et al. Heparanase promotes lymphangiogenesis and tumor invasion in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Oncogene. 2014;33:1799-808 pubmed publisher..Together, these data identify important roles for heparanase in regulating several critical aspects of tumorigenesis, demonstrating that heparanase represents a potential therapeutic target for PanNET patients. ..
- Harun Or Rashid M, Lindqvist N, Hallböök F. Transactivation of EGF receptors in chicken Müller cells by ?2A-adrenergic receptors stimulated by brimonidine. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014;55:3385-94 pubmed publisher..This response is consistent with transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptors by stimulation of ?2-adrenergic receptors. ..