Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Publications1003 found, 100 shown here
- Mansouri M, Sevov M, Fahlgren E, Tobin G, Jondal M, Osorio L, et al. Lipoprotein lipase is differentially expressed in prognostic subsets of chronic lymphocytic leukemia but displays invariably low catalytical activity. Leuk Res. 2010;34:301-6 pubmed publisher..018), although the majority of synthesized protein was catalytically inactive indicating a non-catalytical function in CLL. ..
- Reinius H, Jonsson L, Gustafsson S, Sundbom M, Duvernoy O, Pelosi P, et al. Prevention of atelectasis in morbidly obese patients during general anesthesia and paralysis: a computerized tomography study. Anesthesiology. 2009;111:979-87 pubmed publisher..All values are presented as mean +/- SD. A recruitment maneuver followed by PEEP reduced atelectasis and improved oxygenation in morbidly obese patients, whereas PEEP or a recruitment maneuver alone did not. ..
- Sohel N, Vahter M, Ali M, Rahman M, Rahman A, Streatfield P, et al. Spatial patterns of fetal loss and infant death in an arsenic-affected area in Bangladesh. Int J Health Geogr. 2010;9:53 pubmed publisher..This illustrates a possible link between arsenic contamination in tube-well water and adverse pregnancy outcome. Thus, these areas should be considered a priority in arsenic mitigation programs. ..
- Tranell A, Tingsborg S, Fenyo E, Schwartz S. Inhibition of splicing by serine-arginine rich protein 55 (SRp55) causes the appearance of partially spliced HIV-1 mRNAs in the cytoplasm. Virus Res. 2011;157:82-91 pubmed publisher..SRp55 could also induce production of extracellular p24gag from a rev-defective HIV-1 provirus. These results indicate that SRp55 aids in the generation of partially spliced and unspliced HIV-1 mRNAs. ..
- Jerlström Hultqvist J, Ankarklev J, Svard S. Is human giardiasis caused by two different Giardia species?. Gut Microbes. 2010;1:379-82 pubmed publisher..This strengthens our earlier data suggesting that humans are infected by two different species of Giardia. ..
- Biglarnia A, Nilsson B, Nilsson T, von Zur Mühlen B, Wagner M, Berne C, et al. Prompt reversal of a severe complement activation by eculizumab in a patient undergoing intentional ABO-incompatible pancreas and kidney transplantation. Transpl Int. 2011;24:e61-6 pubmed publisher..This successful transplantation suggests that ABO barriers can safely be overcome without extensive preconditioning, when the complement inhibitor eculizumab is included. ..
- Hanrieder J, Ljungdahl A, Fälth M, Mammo S, Bergquist J, Andersson M. L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia is associated with regional increase of striatal dynorphin peptides as elucidated by imaging mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2011;10:M111.009308 pubmed publisher..Because des-tyrosine dynorphins can only be detected by mass spectrometry, as no antibodies are available, these findings highlight the importance of MALDI IMS analysis for the study of molecular dynamics in neurological diseases. ..
- Westermark P, Andersson A, Westermark G. Islet amyloid polypeptide, islet amyloid, and diabetes mellitus. Physiol Rev. 2011;91:795-826 pubmed publisher..This review deals both with physiological aspects of IAPP and with the pathophysiological role of aggregated forms of IAPP, including mechanisms whereby human IAPP forms toxic aggregates and amyloid fibrils. ..
- Pettersson D, Holm T, Iversen H, Blomqvist L, Glimelius B, Martling A. Preoperative short-course radiotherapy with delayed surgery in primary rectal cancer. Br J Surg. 2012;99:577-83 pubmed publisher..This study examined early toxicity, response to radiotherapy (RT) and short-term outcomes of SRT-delay...
- S llman Alm n M, Bringeland N, Fredriksson R, Schi th H. The dispanins: a novel gene family of ancient origin that contains 14 human members. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31961 pubmed publisher..The bacterial and eukaryotic sequences have a considerably conserved protein structure. In conclusion, we introduce a novel family, the Dispanins, together with a nomenclature based on the evolutionary origin...
- Kiflemariam S, Andersson S, Asplund A, Ponten F, Sjoblom T. Scalable in situ hybridization on tissue arrays for validation of novel cancer and tissue-specific biomarkers. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32927 pubmed publisher..The present study provides a foundation for comprehensive in situ gene set or transcriptome analyses of human normal and tumor tissues. ..
- Li S, Essaghir A, Martijn C, Lloyd R, Demoulin J, Oberg K, et al. Global microRNA profiling of well-differentiated small intestinal neuroendocrine tumors. Mod Pathol. 2013;26:685-96 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide information about pivotal miRNAs, which may lead to further insights into tumorigenesis, progression mechanisms and novel therapeutic targets recognition. ..
- Pokorney S, Radder C, Schulte P, Al Khatib S, Tricocci P, Van de Werf F, et al. High-degree atrioventricular block, asystole, and electro-mechanical dissociation complicating non-ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Am Heart J. 2016;171:25-32 pubmed publisher..Only 1 in 8 pacemakers placed in NSTEMI patients during the acute hospitalization was for high-degree AV block. ..
- Morikawa M, Koinuma D, Mizutani A, Kawasaki N, Holmborn K, Sundqvist A, et al. BMP Sustains Embryonic Stem Cell Self-Renewal through Distinct Functions of Different KrÃ¼ppel-like Factors. Stem Cell Reports. 2016;6:64-73 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrates that BMP exerts its self-renewing effect through distinct functions of different KrÃ¼ppel-like factors. ..
- Budtz Lilly J, Wanhainen A, Eriksson J, Mani K. Adapting to a total endovascular approach for complex aortic aneurysm repair: Outcomes after fenestrated and branched endovascular aortic repair. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1349-1356 pubmed publisher..This may help guide future considerations of how to refer or treat this complex patient group. ..
- Vassbotn F, Havnen O, Heldin C, Holmsen H. Negative feedback regulation of human platelets via autocrine activation of the platelet-derived growth factor alpha-receptor. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:13874-9 pubmed..Our demonstration of PDGF alpha-receptors on human platelets and its inhibitory function during platelet activation identifies a new possible role of PDGF in the regulation of thrombosis. ..
- Frändberg P, Xu X, Chhajlani V. Glutamine235 and arginine272 in human melanocortin 5 receptor determines its low affinity to MSH. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;236:489-92 pubmed..The results explain the unusually low affinity of the hMC5R to the melanocortic ligands and suggest the importance of these conserved residues in maintaining the high affinity form of melanocortin receptors. ..
- Dixelius J, Larsson H, Sasaki T, Holmqvist K, Lu L, Engstrom A, et al. Endostatin-induced tyrosine kinase signaling through the Shb adaptor protein regulates endothelial cell apoptosis. Blood. 2000;95:3403-11 pubmed..In conclusion, our data show that endostatin induces tyrosine kinase activity and enhanced apoptosis in FGF-treated endothelial cells. ..
- Melin R, Fugl Meyer A. On prediction of vocational rehabilitation outcome at a Swedish employability institute. J Rehabil Med. 2003;35:284-9 pubmed..6, CI: 1.1-6.3) were significant predictors of positive outcome. In this sample, socio-psychological and educational aspects were far more predictive of outcome than were medical circumstances. ..
- Lindberg D, Hessman O, Akerstrom G, Westin G. Cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (CDK4) expression in pancreatic endocrine tumors. Neuroendocrinology. 2007;86:112-8 pubmed..We conclude that CDK4 and c-Myc is generally expressed in benign and malignant PETs, and regardless of MEN1 mutational status. Targeting of CDK4 may present an alternative to traditional chemotherapy of PETs in the future. ..
- Dimberg A, Rylova S, Dieterich L, Olsson A, Schiller P, Wikner C, et al. alphaB-crystallin promotes tumor angiogenesis by increasing vascular survival during tube morphogenesis. Blood. 2008;111:2015-23 pubmed..Hereby we identify the small heat shock protein family as a novel class of angiogenic modulators. ..
- Sundelof J, Arnlov J, Ingelsson E, Sundstrom J, Basu S, Zethelius B, et al. Serum cystatin C and the risk of Alzheimer disease in elderly men. Neurology. 2008;71:1072-9 pubmed publisher..These findings strengthen the evidence for a role for cystatin C in the development of clinical AD. ..
- Kaldo V, Levin S, Widarsson J, Buhrman M, Larsen H, Andersson G. Internet versus group cognitive-behavioral treatment of distress associated with tinnitus: a randomized controlled trial. Behav Ther. 2008;39:348-59 pubmed publisher..At pretreatment patients rated the Internet treatment as less credible than the group treatment. In conclusion, Internet treatment for tinnitus distress merits further investigation, as the outcomes achieved are promising. ..
- Jaenson T, Eisen L, Comstedt P, Mejlon H, Lindgren E, Bergstrom S, et al. Risk indicators for the tick Ixodes ricinus and Borrelia burgdorferi sensu lato in Sweden. Med Vet Entomol. 2009;23:226-37 pubmed publisher..l. can occur in: (a) biotopes with shrews, rodents, hares and birds; (b) biotopes with shrews, rodents, hares, deer and birds, and (c) island locations where the varying hare (Lepus timidus) is the only mammalian tick host. ..
- Löfgren S, Delgado Vega A, Gallant C, Sanchez E, Frostegard J, Truedsson L, et al. A 3'-untranslated region variant is associated with impaired expression of CD226 in T and natural killer T cells and is associated with susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum. 2010;62:3404-14 pubmed publisher..This study identified an association of CD226 with SLE in individuals of European ancestry. These data support the importance of the 3'-UTR SNP rs727088 in the regulation of CD226 transcription both in T cells and in NKT cells. ..
- Mirza M, Karlsson M, Mellstrom D, Orwoll E, Ohlsson C, Ljunggren O, et al. Serum fibroblast growth factor-23 (FGF-23) and fracture risk in elderly men. J Bone Miner Res. 2011;26:857-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, FGF-23 is a novel predictor of fracture risk in elderly men...
- Wikstrom B, Bhandari S, Barany P, Kalra P, Ladefoged S, Wilske J, et al. Iron isomaltoside 1000: a new intravenous iron for treating iron deficiency in chronic kidney disease. J Nephrol. 2011;24:589-96 pubmed publisher..Iron isomaltoside 1000 was clinically well tolerated, safe and effective. This new intravenous iron may offer a further valuable choice in treating the anemia of CKD. ..
- Brooks S, O Daly O, Uher R, Friederich H, Giampietro V, Brammer M, et al. Thinking about eating food activates visual cortex with reduced bilateral cerebellar activation in females with anorexia nervosa: an fMRI study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34000 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to explicitly test how thinking about eating activates restraint cognitions, specifically in those with restricting vs. binge-purging AN subtypes. ..
- Granfors M, Karypidis H, Hosseini F, Skjöldebrand Sparre L, Stavreus Evers A, Bremme K, et al. Phosphodiesterase 8B gene polymorphism in women with recurrent miscarriage: a retrospective case control study. BMC Med Genet. 2012;13:121 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that there is an association between homozygous A/A as well as homozygous G/G carriers of SNP rs 4704397 in PDE8B and recurrent miscarriage. ..
- Jüris L, Andersson G, Larsen H, Ekselius L. Psychiatric comorbidity and personality traits in patients with hyperacusis. Int J Audiol. 2013;52:230-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, psychiatric morbidity and personality traits were investigated, along with different sociodemographic and clinical characteristics...
- Sclafani F, Gonzalez D, Cunningham D, Hulkki Wilson S, Peckitt C, Giralt J, et al. RAS mutations and cetuximab in locally advanced rectal cancer: results of the EXPERT-C trial. Eur J Cancer. 2014;50:1430-6 pubmed publisher..Given the small sample size, no definitive conclusions on the effect of additional RAS mutations on cetuximab treatment in this setting can be drawn and further investigation of RAS in larger studies is warranted. ..
- Lindfors E, Tegelberg A, Magnusson T, Ernberg M. Treatment of temporomandibular disorders - knowledge, attitudes and clinical experience among general practising dentists in Sweden. Acta Odontol Scand. 2016;74:460-5 pubmed publisher..There is a high need for orofacial pain/TMD specialists and a majority of the GPDs wants the specialists to offer continuing education in TMD. ..
- Liu P, Lassén E, Nair V, Berthier C, Suguro M, Sihlbom C, et al. Transcriptomic and Proteomic Profiling Provides Insight into Mesangial Cell Function in IgA Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017;28:2961-2972 pubmed publisher..The genes, proteins, and corresponding pathways identified provide novel insights into the pathophysiologic mechanisms leading to IgAN. ..
- Otte K, Engstrom W. Insulin-like growth factor II in the horse: determination of a cDNA nucleotide sequence and expression in fetal and adult tissue. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 1994;96:270-5 pubmed..1% between horse and human and 87.8% between horse and mouse. The isolated cDNA hybridized to multiple transcripts in fetal and adult tissues, thus confirming earlier reports on developmental expression of this gene in the horse. ..
- Marknell DeWitt A, Niederberger V, Lehtonen P, Spitzauer S, Sperr W, Valent P, et al. Molecular and immunological characterization of a novel timothy grass (Phleum pratense) pollen allergen, Phl p 11. Clin Exp Allergy. 2002;32:1329-40 pubmed..However, a 20-kDa allergen frequently recognized by IgE antibodies from grass pollen allergics has so far escaped cloning and molecular characterization...
- Fohlman J, Blomberg J, Froman G, Engstrand L, Johansson A, Friman G. [Microbial diagnosis with PCR will become clinically beneficial with a faster analysis]. Lakartidningen. 2004;101:1488-92 pubmed
- Prokunina L, Padyukov L, Bennet A, de Faire U, Wiman B, Prince J, et al. Association of the PD-1.3A allele of the PDCD1 gene in patients with rheumatoid arthritis negative for rheumatoid factor and the shared epitope. Arthritis Rheum. 2004;50:1770-3 pubmed..These results provide the first evidence of the involvement of the human PDCD1 gene in arthritis. ..
- Alm A, Schoenfelder J, McDermott J. A 5-year, multicenter, open-label, safety study of adjunctive latanoprost therapy for glaucoma. Arch Ophthalmol. 2004;122:957-65 pubmed..Latanoprost therapy is safe and well tolerated for long-term treatment of open-angle glaucoma. ..
- Friberg L, Hassan S, Lindhagen E, Larsson R, Karlsson M. Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic modelling of the schedule-dependent effect of the anti-cancer agent CHS 828 in a rat hollow fibre model. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2005;25:163-73 pubmed..The prolonged schedules of CHS 828 were therefore associated with greater antitumour effects than single doses of the same total exposure...
- Glimelius I, Edström A, Amini R, Fischer M, Nilsson G, Sundstrom C, et al. IL-9 expression contributes to the cellular composition in Hodgkin lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2006;76:278-83 pubmed..IL-9 expression is related to the histology, clinical picture and the presence of eosinophils and mast cells in HL. These results indicate that IL-9 is an important part of the cytokine network and inflammatory infiltrate in HL. ..
- Vikman S, Giandomenico V, Sommaggio R, Oberg K, Essand M, Totterman T. CD8+ T cells against multiple tumor-associated antigens in peripheral blood of midgut carcinoid patients. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2008;57:399-409 pubmed..We show that midgut carcinoid patients display immune recognition of their tumors. Memory CD8(+) T cells in patient blood are of great interest when pursuing an immunotherapeutic treatment strategy. ..
- Domeika M, Zhurauskaya L, Savicheva A, Frigo N, Sokolovskiy E, Hallen A, et al. Guidelines for the laboratory diagnosis of trichomoniasis in East European countries. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2010;24:1125-34 pubmed publisher..Individual East European countries may be required to make minor national adjustments to these guidelines as a result of lack of accessibility to some reagents or equipment, or laws in a specific country. ..
- Ohrmalm C, Jobs M, Eriksson R, Golbob S, Elfaitouri A, Benachenhou F, et al. Hybridization properties of long nucleic acid probes for detection of variable target sequences, and development of a hybridization prediction algorithm. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:e195 pubmed publisher..It predicted hybridization more exactly than previous algorithms, and has the potential to guide the design of variation-tolerant yet specific probes. ..
- Höglund B, Lindgren P, Larsson M. Pregnancy and birth outcomes of women with intellectual disability in Sweden: a national register study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012;91:1381-7 pubmed publisher..89) and discharge from hospital to a place other than home (OR 2.24). Pregnant women with ID should be considered a risk group suggesting that better tailored pre- and intrapartum care and support are needed for these women. ..
- Silverlås C, Mattsson J, Insulander M, Lebbad M. Zoonotic transmission of Cryptosporidium meleagridis on an organic Swedish farm. Int J Parasitol. 2012;42:963-7 pubmed publisher..Sequencing of the ssrRNA and 70kDa Heat Shock Protein (HSP) genes showed identical C. meleagridis sequences in the human and chicken samples, which is evidence of zoonotic transmission. The HSP70 sequence was unique. ..
- Jin Y, Muhl L, Burmakin M, Wang Y, Duchez A, Betsholtz C, et al. Endoglin prevents vascular malformation by regulating flow-induced cell migration and specification through VEGFR2 signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:639-652 pubmed publisher..This demonstrates the requirement of ENG in flow-mediated migration and modulation of VEGFR2 signalling in vascular patterning. ..
- Sangfelt P, Carlson M, Thorn M, Loof L, Raab Y. Neutrophil and eosinophil granule proteins as markers of response to local prednisolone treatment in distal ulcerative colitis and proctitis. Am J Gastroenterol. 2001;96:1085-90 pubmed..05) in the response group and often occurred before clinical improvement. There was a nonsignificant trend toward a decrease in the concentrations of ECP and EPO at the end of treatment in responders. ..
- Carlsson J, Forssell Aronsson E, Glimelius B. Radiation therapy through activation of stable nuclides. Acta Oncol. 2002;41:629-34 pubmed..This report deals with radiation therapy using activation of stable nuclides. ..
- Olsson N, Taub D, Nilsson G. Regulation of mast cell migration by T and T cytokines: identification of tumour necrosis factor-alpha and interleukin-4 as mast cell chemotaxins. Scand J Immunol. 2004;59:267-72 pubmed..Our results suggest that TNF-alpha can be involved in the recruitment of mast cells in T(H1)-mediated inflammations, whereas IL-4 and IL-8 might play a similar role in T(H2)-mediated inflammations. ..
- Hu L, Hornung D, Kurek R, Ostman H, Helen O, Blomberg J, et al. Expression of human endogenous gammaretroviral sequences in endometriosis and ovarian cancer. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2006;22:551-7 pubmed..A small number of candidate HERV-E loci from which the transcription took place were identified by sequencing of amplimers. The role of HERV-E and HERV-W in endometriosis merits further investigation. ..
- Welin S, Fjällskog M, Saras J, Eriksson B, Janson E. Expression of tyrosine kinase receptors in malignant midgut carcinoid tumors. Neuroendocrinology. 2006;84:42-8 pubmed..Therefore, these tumors might be susceptible for treatment with TKRI or monoclonal antibodies and this should be further explored in clinical trials. ..
- Nilsson K, Elfving K, Pahlson C. Rickettsia helvetica in patient with meningitis, Sweden, 2006. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:490-2 pubmed publisher..Nucleotide sequences of the 16S rRNA, ompB, and 17kDa genes identified the isolate as R. helvetica. This organism may be associated with serious infections such as central nervous system disorders...
- Isaksson M, Lundgren B, Ahlgren K, Kämpe O, Lobell A. Conditional DC depletion does not affect priming of encephalitogenic Th cells in EAE. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2555-63 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, transient depletion of DCs did not affect priming or differentiation of MOG-induced Th17 and Th1-cell responses or the incidence of EAE. Thus, the mechanism of priming of Th cells in EAE remains to be elucidated...
- Fall T, Hägg S, Magi R, Ploner A, Fischer K, Horikoshi M, et al. The role of adiposity in cardiometabolic traits: a Mendelian randomization analysis. PLoS Med. 2013;10:e1001474 pubmed publisher..001). We provide novel evidence for a causal relationship between adiposity and heart failure as well as between adiposity and increased liver enzymes. ..
- Grandahl M, Larsson M, Tyden T, Stenhammar C. School nurses' attitudes towards and experiences of the Swedish school-based HPV vaccination programme - A repeated cross sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175883 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is essential to provide ongoing education and training for school nurses who are key healthcare professionals for providing information about HPV and HPV vaccination to parents and to pupils. ..
- Lindroos K, Liljedahl U, Raitio M, Syvanen A. Minisequencing on oligonucleotide microarrays: comparison of immobilisation chemistries. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:E69-9 pubmed..The best genotyping results were observed using mercaptosilane-coated slides attaching disulfide-modified oligonucleotides. ..
- Riserus U, Basu S, Jovinge S, Fredrikson G, Arnlov J, Vessby B. Supplementation with conjugated linoleic acid causes isomer-dependent oxidative stress and elevated C-reactive protein: a potential link to fatty acid-induced insulin resistance. Circulation. 2002;106:1925-9 pubmed..These unfavorable effects of t10c12 CLA might be of clinical importance with regard to cardiovascular disease, in consideration of the widespread use of dietary supplements containing this fatty acid. ..
- Frid C, Björkhem G, Jonzon A, Sunnegardh J, Anneren G, Lundell B. Long-term survival in children with atrioventricular septal defect and common atrioventricular valvar orifice in Sweden. Cardiol Young. 2004;14:24-31 pubmed..Death in connection with surgery is no longer the major threat, and focus must now be on long-term follow-up. ..
- Oberg K, Eriksson B. Endocrine tumours of the pancreas. Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol. 2005;19:753-81 pubmed..None of these can cure a patient with malignant disease. In future, therapy will be custom-made and based on current knowledge of tumour biology and molecular genetics...
- Lind L. Impact of ageing on the measurement of endothelium-dependent vasodilation. Pharmacol Rep. 2006;58 Suppl:41-6 pubmed..The usefulness of other methods used in population studies, such as pulse wave analysis using a beta-2 receptor agonist as vasodilator and the hyperaemic blood flow velocity have to be further validated. ..
- Marsell R, Grundberg E, Krajisnik T, Mallmin H, Karlsson M, Mellstrom D, et al. Fibroblast growth factor-23 is associated with parathyroid hormone and renal function in a population-based cohort of elderly men. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;158:125-9 pubmed publisher..Additionally, eGFR is associated with FGF23 in subjects with normal or mildly impaired renal function, indicating that GFR may modulate FGF23 levels independent of serum Pi. ..
- Larsson A, Palm M, Hansson L, Axelsson O. Reference values for clinical chemistry tests during normal pregnancy. BJOG. 2008;115:874-81 pubmed publisher..Most of the analytes change during normal pregnancy. It is thus of importance to use special reference values during pregnancy. ..
- Ivansson E, Magnusson J, Magnusson P, Erlich H, Gyllensten U. MHC loci affecting cervical cancer risk: distinguishing the effects of HLA-DQB1 and non-HLA genes TNF, LTA, TAP1 and TAP2. Genes Immun. 2008;9:613-23 pubmed publisher..Our results emphasize the importance of large sample sizes and underscore the necessity of examining both HLA and non-HLA loci in the MHC to assign association to the correct locus...
- Huminiecki L, Goldovsky L, Freilich S, Moustakas A, Ouzounis C, Heldin C. Emergence, development and diversification of the TGF-beta signalling pathway within the animal kingdom. BMC Evol Biol. 2009;9:28 pubmed publisher..The TGF-beta signal transduction engine has expanded through gene duplication, continually adopting new functions, as animals grew in anatomical complexity, colonized new environments, and developed an active immune system. ..
- Westermark G, Sletten K, Westermark P. Alkali-degradation of amyloid: an ancient method useful for making monoclonal antibodies against amyloid fibril proteins. Scand J Immunol. 2009;70:535-40 pubmed publisher..The mouse monoclonal antibody pwlam raised against this material, labelled AL-amyloid deposits of lambda origin strongly and specifically in sections of formaldehyde-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissues. ..
- Glimelius B, Garmo H, Berglund A, Fredriksson L, Berglund M, Kohnke H, et al. Prediction of irinotecan and 5-fluorouracil toxicity and response in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. Pharmacogenomics J. 2011;11:61-71 pubmed publisher..Carriers of the ABCB1 1236T-2677T-3435T haplotype responded to treatment less frequently (43 vs 67%, P=0.027), and survived shorter time, OR=1.56 (95% CI=1.01-2.45). ..
- Josephson F. Drug-drug interactions in the treatment of HIV infection: focus on pharmacokinetic enhancement through CYP3A inhibition. J Intern Med. 2010;268:530-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, further developments with regard to the use of CYP3A-blocking agents to augment the efficacy of antiviral therapy will be discussed. ..
- Hellstrom P, Saito Y, Bytzer P, Tack J, Mueller Lissner S, Chang L. Characteristics of acute pain attacks in patients with irritable bowel syndrome meeting Rome III criteria. Am J Gastroenterol. 2011;106:1299-307 pubmed publisher..An international multicenter, prospective, non-interventional, 2-month study characterized acute pain attacks in patients with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Wargelius H, Malmberg K, Larsson J, Oreland L. Associations of MAOA-VNTR or 5HTT-LPR alleles with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms are moderated by platelet monoamine oxidase B activity. Psychiatr Genet. 2012;22:42-5 pubmed publisher..001 and 0.01, respectively). This re-examination of ADHD scores in a nonclinical sample suggests that effects of MAOA-VNTR and 5HTT-LPR are moderated by platelet MAOB activity. ..
- Rask Andersen H, Erixon E, Kinnefors A, Löwenheim H, Schrott Fischer A, Liu W. Anatomy of the human cochlea--implications for cochlear implantation. Cochlear Implants Int. 2011;12 Suppl 1:S8-13 pubmed publisher..Better understanding of structure, function, and regenerative capability is needed to comprehend the nature of electrical stimulation of the peripheral and central nervous system to improve the design of future implant systems. ..
- Andersson C, Johansson B, Wassberg C, Johansson S, Sundin A, AhlstrÃ¶m H. Assessment of Whether Patients' Knowledge, Satisfaction, and Experience Regarding Their 18F-Fluoride PET/CT Examination Affects Image Quality. J Nucl Med Technol. 2016;44:21-5 pubmed publisher..A long examination time may be strenuous for the patient, but there was no difference in image quality between patients who felt discomfort or pain during the examination and those who did not. ..
- Mwaiswelo R, Ngasala B, Gil J, Malmberg M, Jovel I, Xu W, et al. Sustained High Cure Rate of Artemether-Lumefantrine against Uncomplicated Plasmodium falciparum Malaria after 8 Years of Its Wide-Scale Use in Bagamoyo District, Tanzania. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;97:526-532 pubmed publisher..falciparum malaria despite an increase in prevalence of pretreatment Pfmdr1 N86 and Pfcrt K76 between 2006 and 2014. ..
- Nystrom T, Sartipy U, Franzen S, Eliasson B, Gudbjornsdottir S, Miftaraj M, et al. PCI Versus CABG in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes and Multivessel Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:1441-1451 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that CABG may be the preferred strategy in patients with T1D in need of multivessel revascularization. ..
- Sandberg K, Matsson P, Alm G. A distinct population of nonphagocytic and low level CD4+ null lymphocytes produce IFN-alpha after stimulation by herpes simplex virus-infected cells. J Immunol. 1990;145:1015-20 pubmed..Another distinct population of infrequent but highly efficient IPC, tentatively designated natural IFN-alpha producing cells, is activated by stimuli such as HSV. ..
- Oberg K, Eriksson B. Medical treatment of neuroendocrine gut and pancreatic tumors. Acta Oncol. 1989;28:425-31 pubmed..The somatostatin analogue has proved to be particularly useful in the treatment of patients with severe hormone-related clinical symptoms and in the perioperative period.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Uhrbom L, Hesselager G, Ostman A, Nister M, Westermark B. Dependence of autocrine growth factor stimulation in platelet-derived growth factor-B-induced mouse brain tumor cells. Int J Cancer. 2000;85:398-406 pubmed..Our results imply an important role for PDGF autocrine stimulation in both initiation and progression of a subtype of gliomas. ..
- Mark C, Looman C, Abrink M, Hellman L. Molecular cloning and preliminary functional analysis of two novel human KRAB zinc finger proteins, HKr18 and HKr19. DNA Cell Biol. 2001;20:275-86 pubmed..In contrast, the KRAB domain and the linker region seemed to be well tolerated. ..
- Henriques T, Olerud C, Bergman A, Jonsson H. Distractive flexion injuries of the subaxial cervical spine treated with anterior plate alone. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2004;17:1-7 pubmed..We believe these findings substantiate the use of anterior plate alone for DF injuries at stage 1 and 2 but disqualify anterior plate fixation alone for DF injuries at stage 3, with neurologic injury present. ..
- Ardesjö B, Portela Gomes G, Rorsman F, Grimelius L, Ekwall O. Identification of a novel staining pattern of bile duct epithelial cells in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:305-11 pubmed publisher..Previously unpublished, specific, and strong autoantibodies against epithelial cells of the bile duct in PSC sera were identified. Furthermore, PDZK1 is suggested as a potential new autoantigen. ..
- Wu S, Hultquist A, Hydbring P, Cetinkaya C, Oberg F, Larsson L. TGF-beta enforces senescence in Myc-transformed hematopoietic tumor cells through induction of Mad1 and repression of Myc activity. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:3099-111 pubmed publisher..TGF-beta-induced senescence, or signals mimicking this pathway, could therefore potentially be explored as a therapeutic principle for treating hematopoietic and other tumors with deregulated MYC expression. ..
- Eriksson B. New drugs in neuroendocrine tumors: rising of new therapeutic philosophies?. Curr Opin Oncol. 2010;22:381-6 pubmed publisher..Whether the new therapies prolong survival of the patients should also be established. ..
- Sun R, Eriksson S, Wang L. Identification and characterization of mitochondrial factors modulating thymidine kinase 2 activity. Nucleosides Nucleotides Nucleic Acids. 2010;29:382-5 pubmed publisher..However, mitochondrial phosphorylation of both dThd and dCyd was inhibited by AZT and FLT. Here a preliminary identification and characterization of mitochondrial factors is reported. ..
- Lindblom A, Severinson K, Nilsson K. Rickettsia felis infection in Sweden: report of two cases with subacute meningitis and review of the literature. Scand J Infect Dis. 2010;42:906-9 pubmed publisher..Sequencing of the amplified products showed that they were 99-100% homologous to R. felis. These cases add to our knowledge of the clinical manifestations, as well as the geographical distribution, of this spotted fever agent...
- Essen B, Binder P, Johnsdotter S. An anthropological analysis of the perspectives of Somali women in the West and their obstetric care providers on caesarean birth. J Psychosom Obstet Gynaecol. 2011;32:10-8 pubmed publisher..Early booking and identification of women likely to avoid caesarean is proposed, as is the development of preventive strategies to address CS avoidance. ..
- Dreborg S, Lee T, Kay A, Durham S. Immunotherapy is allergen-specific: a double-blind trial of mite or timothy extract in mite and grass dual-allergic patients. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2012;158:63-70 pubmed publisher..015), as was that of allergen-specific IgG (p < 0.0001). Allergen immunotherapy is allergen species-specific, as judged by decreased conjunctival sensitivity and changes in allergen-specific IgG concentrations. ..
- Björkman S, Ahlén V. Population pharmacokinetics of plasma-derived factor IX in adult patients with haemophilia B: implications for dosing in prophylaxis. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2012;68:969-77 pubmed publisher..However, monitoring FIX levels should be considered in children, in patients who do not respond satisfactorily to standard dosing, and if treatment is switched from plasma-derived to recombinant FIX. ..