Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on amino acid sequence in Stockholm, Sweden
Locale: Stockholm, Sweden
Topic: amino acid sequence
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- Grunewald J, Eklund A. [Studies of T-lymphocytes in pursuit of sarcoidosis antigens]. Lakartidningen. 2002;99:3508-13, 3515 pubmed..Future studies in this field may reveal how candidate antigens, identified by other techniques, play a role in the sarcoid inflammation. ..
- Hammarsund M, Corcoran M, Wilson W, Zhu C, Einhorn S, Sangfelt O, et al. Characterization of a novel B-CLL candidate gene--DLEU7--located in the 13q14 tumor suppressor locus. FEBS Lett. 2004;556:75-80 pubmed..Methylation of a CpG island in the promoter region of DLEU7 was further analyzed as a possible mechanism for the absence of DLEU7 expression, and the promoter was found to be methylated in the majority of the CLL samples investigated. ..
- Sourial S, Nilsson C. HIV-2 neutralization by intact V3-specific Fab fragments. Virol J. 2008;5:96 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that whole 7C8 and 3C4 mAbs are sterically hindered from neutralizing HIV-2, whereas the smaller size of Fab fragments enables access to the V3 region on the virion surface. ..
- Grimberg K, Beskow A, Lundin D, Davis M, Young P. Basic leucine zipper protein Cnc-C is a substrate and transcriptional regulator of the Drosophila 26S proteasome. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:897-909 pubmed publisher..We propose that this single cnc gene in Drosophila resembles the ancestral gene family of mammalian nuclear factor erythroid-derived 2-related transcription factors, which are essential in regulating oxidative stress and proteolysis. ..
- Ojala J, Pikkarainen T, Elmberger G, Tryggvason K. Progressive reactive lymphoid connective tissue disease and development of autoantibodies in scavenger receptor A5-deficient mice. Am J Pathol. 2013;182:1681-95 pubmed publisher..These disturbances are reminiscent of those found in many human autoimmune connective tissue disorders, which suggests that defects in fibroblast SCARA5 can underlie some forms of autoimmune disease. ..
- Abate F, Cozzi R, Maritan M, Lo Surdo P, Maione D, Malito E, et al. Crystal structure of FhuD at 1.6?Å resolution: a ferrichrome-binding protein from the animal and human pathogen Staphylococcus pseudintermedius. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2016;72:214-9 pubmed publisher..The two lobes of FhuD were oriented in a closed conformation. These results provide the first detailed structural characterization of FhuD, a potential therapeutic target of S. pseudintermedius. ..
- Lardelli M, Williams R, Lendahl U. Notch-related genes in animal development. Int J Dev Biol. 1995;39:769-80 pubmed..Finally, we discuss current ideas about the role played by Notch in differentiation and cell-cell communication. ..
- Lagercrantz J, Kedra D, Carson E, Nordenskjold M, Dumanski J, Weber G, et al. Sequence and expression of the mouse homologue to human phospholipase C beta3 neighboring gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1996;223:335-40 pubmed..In late stage embryos, png was highly expressed in skeletal muscle, retina and neocortex. In the adult animal, expression was restricted to testis and thymus. ..
- Jansson M, Bäckström E, Bjorndal A, Holmberg V, Rossi P, Fenyo E, et al. Coreceptor usage and RANTES sensitivity of non-syncytium-inducing HIV-1 isolates obtained from patients with AIDS. J Hum Virol. 1999;2:325-38 pubmed
- Hornef M, Frisan T, Vandewalle A, Normark S, Richter Dahlfors A. Toll-like receptor 4 resides in the Golgi apparatus and colocalizes with internalized lipopolysaccharide in intestinal epithelial cells. J Exp Med. 2002;195:559-70 pubmed..The cytoplasmic location of TLR4, which is identical to the final location of internalized LPS, further indicates an important role of cellular internalization and cytoplasmic traffic in the process of innate immune recognition. ..
- Tecle T, Mickiene A, Johansson B, Lindquist L, Orvell C. Molecular characterisation of two mumps virus genotypes circulating during an epidemic in Lithuania from 1998 to 2000. Arch Virol. 2002;147:243-53 pubmed..This variant was designated C2 and it was associated with parotitis. The amino acid alanine at position 29 and serine in position 48 of the C2 genotype may constitute a marker of low neurovirulence compared to other genotype C strains. ..
- Johansson J, Some M, Linderholm B, Almlén A, Curstedt T, Robertson B. A synthetic surfactant based on a poly-Leu SP-C analog and phospholipids: effects on tidal volumes and lung gas volumes in ventilated immature newborn rabbits. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2003;95:2055-63 pubmed..An artificial surfactant based on SP-C33 improves Vt in immature newborn animals ventilated with standardized peak pressure but requires PEEP to build up adequate lung gas volumes. ..
- Bandholtz L, Ekman G, Vilhelmsson M, Buentke E, Agerberth B, Scheynius A, et al. Antimicrobial peptide LL-37 internalized by immature human dendritic cells alters their phenotype. Scand J Immunol. 2006;63:410-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that LL-37 released upon triggering of the innate immunity, may affect cellular adaptive immunity through an interaction with immature dendritic cells. ..
- Madhurantakam C, Nilsson O, Jonsson K, Grönlund H, Achour A. Production, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the allergen Can f 2 from Canis familiaris. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:467-71 pubmed publisher..7, b = 48.3, c = 68.7 A, beta = 126.5 degrees , and diffracted to 2.1 A resolution. Preliminary data analysis indicated the presence of a single molecule in the asymmetric unit for both crystal forms. ..
- Herman M, Moche M, Flodin S, Welin M, Trésaugues L, Johansson I, et al. Structures of BIR domains from human NAIP and cIAP2. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2009;65:1091-6 pubmed publisher..In addition to shedding light on the specificity determinants of these two proteins, the structures should now also provide a framework for future structure-based work targeting these proteins. ..
- Löfblom J, Feldwisch J, Tolmachev V, Carlsson J, Stahl S, Frejd F. Affibody molecules: engineered proteins for therapeutic, diagnostic and biotechnological applications. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2670-80 pubmed publisher..Cumulative evidence suggests that the three helical scaffold domain used as basis for these molecules is highly suited to create a molecular affinity handle for vastly different applications. ..
- Andres S, Skoglund A, Nilsson C, Krabbe M, Björkholm B, Engstrand L. Type I restriction-modification loci reveal high allelic diversity in clinical Helicobacter pylori isolates. Helicobacter. 2010;15:114-25 pubmed publisher..We propose that the genetic variability of hsdS genes in a bacterial population will give rise to new specificities of these enzymes, which might lead to adaptation to an ever-changing gastric environment. ..
- Robertson B, Huerta Ocampo I, Ericsson J, Stephenson Jones M, Pérez Fernández J, Bolam J, et al. The dopamine D2 receptor gene in lamprey, its expression in the striatum and cellular effects of D2 receptor activation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35642 pubmed publisher..2011, 2012) further emphasize the high degree of conservation of the basal ganglia, also with regard to the indirect loop, and its role as a basic mechanism for action selection in all vertebrates. ..
- Hjelm B, Forsström B, Löfblom J, Rockberg J, Uhlen M. Parallel immunizations of rabbits using the same antigen yield antibodies with similar, but not identical, epitopes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45817 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that polyclonal antibodies generated by repeated immunizations do not display an identical epitope pattern, although many of the epitopes are similar. ..
- Hoog C, Schalling M, Grunder Brundell E, Daneholt B. Analysis of a murine male germ cell-specific transcript that encodes a putative zinc finger protein. Mol Reprod Dev. 1991;30:173-81 pubmed..TSGA encodes a putative protein having 1,214 amino acids and contains a zinc finger, a structure that previously has been shown to mediate binding to nucleic acids. ..
- Estonius M, Karlsson C, Fox E, Hoog J, Holmquist B, Vallee B, et al. Avian alcohol dehydrogenase: the chicken liver enzyme. Primary structure, cDNA-cloning, and relationships to other alcohol dehydrogenases. Eur J Biochem. 1990;194:593-602 pubmed..One of the residues, Gly260 (mammalian class I numbering system), previously considered characteristic of all alcohol dehydrogenases, is replaced by Gln. ..
- Curstedt T, Johansson J, Persson P, Eklund A, Robertson B, Löwenadler B, et al. Hydrophobic surfactant-associated polypeptides: SP-C is a lipopeptide with two palmitoylated cysteine residues, whereas SP-B lacks covalently linked fatty acyl groups. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:2985-9 pubmed..Long-chain acylation may constitute a means for association of proteins with membranes and could conceivably modulate the stability and biological activity of surfactant films. ..
- Liepinsh E, Berndt K, Sillard R, Mutt V, Otting G. Solution structure and dynamics of PEC-60, a protein of the Kazal type inhibitor family, determined by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. J Mol Biol. 1994;239:137-53 pubmed
- Padilla C, Spyrou G, Holmgren A. High-level expression of fully active human glutaredoxin (thioltransferase) in E. coli and characterization of Cys7 to Ser mutant protein. FEBS Lett. 1996;378:69-73 pubmed
- Müssener A, Funa K, Kleinau S, Klareskog L. Dynamic expression of transforming growth factor-betas (TGF-beta) and their type I and type II receptors in the synovial tissue of arthritic rats. Clin Exp Immunol. 1997;107:112-9 pubmed
- Zou L, Zhu J, Deng G, Levi M, Wahren B, Diab A, et al. Treatment with P2 protein peptide 57-81 by nasal route is effective in Lewis rat experimental autoimmune neuritis. J Neuroimmunol. 1998;85:137-45 pubmed..Reduced CD4+ T cell and macrophage infiltrations within the PNS were also observed. Based on these observations, nasal autoantigen administration should be further evaluated, considering its possible future use in GBS. ..
- Khodaei S, O Brien K, Dumanski J, Wong F, Weber G. Characterization of the MEN1 ortholog in zebrafish. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;264:404-8 pubmed..Such high correlation between conservation throughout evolution and mutation position strongly emphasizes the importance of this region. ..
- Terenius L, Sandin J, Sakurada T. Nociceptin/orphanin FQ metabolism and bioactive metabolites. Peptides. 2000;21:919-22 pubmed..Enzyme activity is upregulated by morphine using either peptide as substrate that may lead to pharmacological interactions. ..
- Lagerstedt J, Zvyagilskaya R, Pratt J, Pattison Granberg J, Kruckeberg A, Berden J, et al. Mutagenic and functional analysis of the C-terminus of Saccharomyces cerevisiae Pho84 phosphate transporter. FEBS Lett. 2002;526:31-7 pubmed
- Mottagui Tabar S, Ryden M, Lofgren P, Faulds G, Hoffstedt J, Brookes A, et al. Evidence for an important role of perilipin in the regulation of human adipocyte lipolysis. Diabetologia. 2003;46:789-97 pubmed..Low perilipin content also associate with high in vivo lipolytic activity. Perilipin could be a factor behind impaired lipolysis in insulin-resistant conditions. ..
- Sultana A, Kallio P, Jansson A, Wang J, Niemi J, Mäntsälä P, et al. Structure of the polyketide cyclase SnoaL reveals a novel mechanism for enzymatic aldol condensation. EMBO J. 2004;23:1911-21 pubmed..These polyketide cyclases thus form of family of enzymes with a unique catalytic strategy for aldol condensation. ..
- Salomonsson S, Sonesson S, Ottosson L, Muhallab S, Olsson T, Sunnerhagen M, et al. Ro/SSA autoantibodies directly bind cardiomyocytes, disturb calcium homeostasis, and mediate congenital heart block. J Exp Med. 2005;201:11-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that passive transfer of maternal p200 autoantibodies causes congenital heart block by dysregulating Ca2+ homeostasis and inducing death in affected cells. ..
- Rodriguez Antona C, Axelson M, Otter C, Rane A, Ingelman Sundberg M. A novel polymorphic cytochrome P450 formed by splicing of CYP3A7 and the pseudogene CYP3AP1. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28324-31 pubmed..1L having a different tissue distribution and functional properties than the parent CYP3A7 enzyme, with possible developmental, physiological, and toxicological consequences. ..
- Strandberg L, Ambrosi A, Jagodic M, Dzikaite V, Janson P, Khademi M, et al. Maternal MHC regulates generation of pathogenic antibodies and fetal MHC-encoded genes determine susceptibility in congenital heart block. J Immunol. 2010;185:3574-82 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that generation of pathogenic Ro52 Abs is restricted by maternal MHC, whereas the fetal MHC locus regulates susceptibility and determines the fetal disease outcome in anti-Ro52-positive pregnancies...
- Chiang H, Andersen P, Tysnes O, Gredal O, Christensen P, Graff C. Novel TARDBP mutations in Nordic ALS patients. J Hum Genet. 2012;57:316-9 pubmed publisher..The mutation frequency in TARDBP in Nordic ALS patients was 1.7%. The ALS cohort was highly selected for a positive family history suggesting that mutations in TARDBP generally are a rare cause of ALS in Nordic countries. ..
- Angeletti D, Albrecht L, Blomqvist K, Quintana M, Akhter T, Bachle S, et al. Plasmodium falciparum rosetting epitopes converge in the SD3-loop of PfEMP1-DBL1?. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e50758 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the SD3 loop of PfEMP1-DBL1? is an important target of anti-rosetting activity, clarifying the molecular basis of the development of variant-specific rosette disrupting antibodies...
- Blomqvist K, Albrecht L, Quintana M, Angeletti D, Joannin N, Chene A, et al. A sequence in subdomain 2 of DBL1? of Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte membrane protein 1 induces strain transcending antibodies. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e52679 pubmed publisher..The data suggests that the ALNRKE sequence motif, associated with severe malaria, induces strain-transcending antibodies that react with the pRBC surface. ..
- Stsiapanava A, Tholander F, Kumar R, Qureshi A, Niegowski D, Hasan M, et al. Product formation controlled by substrate dynamics in leukotriene A4 hydrolase. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:439-46 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the observed difference in product profile between the human and the xlLTA4H arises from different level of discrimination between substrate LTA4 conformers. ..
- Geisheker M, Heymann G, Wang T, Coe B, Turner T, Stessman H, et al. Hotspots of missense mutation identify neurodevelopmental disorder genes and functional domains. Nat Neurosci. 2017;20:1043-1051 pubmed publisher..Overall, we find significant clustering of de novo mutations in 200 genes, highlighting specific functional domains and synaptic candidate genes important in NDD pathology. ..
- Persson B, Krook M, Jornvall H. Characteristics of short-chain alcohol dehydrogenases and related enzymes. Eur J Biochem. 1991;200:537-43 pubmed..Consequently, the overall comparisons suggest the possibility of related mechanisms and domain properties for different members of the short-chain family. ..
- Karlsson C, Maret W, Auld D, Hoog J, Jornvall H. Variability within mammalian sorbitol dehydrogenases. The primary structure of the human liver enzyme. Eur J Biochem. 1989;186:543-50 pubmed..The primary structure of human liver sorbitol dehydrogenase further shows that the absence of three of the four ligands to a second zinc atom present in alcohol dehydrogenases is a general property of sorbitol dehydrogenase. ..
- Pares X, Cederlund E, Moreno A, Hjelmqvist L, Farres J, Jornvall H. Mammalian class IV alcohol dehydrogenase (stomach alcohol dehydrogenase): structure, origin, and correlation with enzymology. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:1893-7 pubmed..Clearly, class IV is distinct in structure, ethanol turnover, stomach expression, and possible emergence from class I. ..
- Kiss H, Kedra D, Yang Y, Kost Alimova M, Kiss C, O Brien K, et al. A novel gene containing LIM domains (LIMD1) is located within the common eliminated region 1 (C3CER1) in 3p21.3. Hum Genet. 1999;105:552-9 pubmed..The human C3CER1-located LIMD1 gene should therefore be further studied for its possible role in tumor suppression. ..
- Miralles F, Visa N. Molecular characterization of Ct-hrp65: identification of two novel isoforms originated by alternative splicing. Exp Cell Res. 2001;264:284-95 pubmed..Moreover, hrp65-3 is associated with cytoplasmic actin fibers. All together, our findings suggest that the different hrp65 isoforms serve specialized roles related to mRNA localization/transport in the different cell compartments...
- Buervenich S, Xiang F, Sydow O, Jönsson E, Sedvall G, Anvret M, et al. Identification of four novel polymorphisms in the calcitonin/alpha-CGRP (CALCA) gene and an investigation of their possible associations with Parkinson disease, schizophrenia, and manic depression. Hum Mutat. 2001;17:435-6 pubmed..Using this polymorphism as marker, cosegregation with the phenotype was observed in the majority of individuals. ..
- Tsoi C, Falany C, Morgenstern R, Swedmark S. Molecular cloning, expression, and characterization of a canine sulfotransferase that is a human ST1B2 ortholog. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2001;390:87-92 pubmed..These results describe the cloning and characterization of a canine thyroid hormone sulfating enzyme that is more closely related to the human ortholog than to the rodent thyroid sulfating enzymes. ..
- Jansson M, Bäckström E, Scarlatti G, Bjorndal A, Matsuda S, Rossi P, et al. Length variation of glycoprotein 120 V2 region in relation to biological phenotypes and coreceptor usage of primary HIV type 1 isolates. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2001;17:1405-14 pubmed
- Lundkvist A, Meisel H, Koletzki D, Lankinen H, Cifire F, Geldmacher A, et al. Mapping of B-cell epitopes in the nucleocapsid protein of Puumala hantavirus. Viral Immunol. 2002;15:177-92 pubmed..Together, the results revealed the existence of several, partially overlapping, and discontinuous B-cell epitopes. In addition, based on differences within the same competition group, novel epitopes were defined. ..
- Liepinsh E, Leonchiks A, Sharipo A, Guignard L, Otting G. Solution structure of the R3H domain from human Smubp-2. J Mol Biol. 2003;326:217-23 pubmed..A strong correlation between conservation of hydrophobic amino acids and side-chain solvent protection indicates that the structure of the Smubp-2 R3H domain is representative of R3H domains in general. ..
- Berthold M, Collin M, Sejlitz T, Meister B, Lind P. Cloning of a novel orphan G protein-coupled receptor (GPCR-2037): in situ hybridization reveals high mRNA expression in rat brain restricted to neurons of the habenular complex. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;120:22-9 pubmed..Further studies involving the identification of the GPCR ligand will enable the functional characterization of this orphan receptor and its role in regulating the habenular complex. ..
- Rafiefard F, Johansson B, Tecle T, Orvell C. Characterization of mumps virus strains with varying neurovirulence. Scand J Infect Dis. 2005;37:330-7 pubmed
- Hudemann C, Lönn M, Godoy J, Zahedi Avval F, Capani F, Holmgren A, et al. Identification, expression pattern, and characterization of mouse glutaredoxin 2 isoforms. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009;11:1-14 pubmed publisher..Prominent immunostaining was detected in spermatogonia and spermatids. These results provide evidence for additional functions of Grx2 in the cytosol, in cell proliferation, and in cellular differentiation. ..
- Nerelius C, Fitzen M, Johansson J. Amino acid sequence determinants and molecular chaperones in amyloid fibril formation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;396:2-6 pubmed publisher..Moreover, a proprotein chaperone domain (CTC(Brichos)) that prevents amyloid-like aggregation during proSP-C biosynthesis can prevent fibril formation also of other amyloidogenic proteins. ..
- Carlsson M, Diesner M, Schachtner J, Nassel D. Multiple neuropeptides in the Drosophila antennal lobe suggest complex modulatory circuits. J Comp Neurol. 2010;518:3359-80 pubmed publisher..In some neuron types neuropeptides were colocalized with classical neurotransmitters. Our findings suggest a huge complexity in peptidergic signaling in different circuits of the antennal lobe...
- Guerriero G, Avino M, Zhou Q, Fugelstad J, Clergeot P, Bulone V. Chitin synthases from Saprolegnia are involved in tip growth and represent a potential target for anti-oomycete drugs. PLoS Pathog. 2010;6:e1001070 pubmed publisher..Our results provide important fundamental information on cell wall biogenesis in economically important species, and demonstrate the potential of targeting oomycete chitin synthases for disease control...
- Clergeot P, Schüler H, Mørtz E, Brus M, Vintila S, Ekengren S. The corky root rot pathogen Pyrenochaeta lycopersici secretes a proteinaceous inducer of cell death affecting host plants differentially. Phytopathology. 2012;102:878-91 pubmed publisher..Therefore, secretion of this novel type of inducer of cell death during penetration of the fungus inside root cells might favor infection of host species that are highly sensitive to this molecule. ..
- Arner E, Holmgren A. Physiological functions of thioredoxin and thioredoxin reductase. Eur J Biochem. 2000;267:6102-9 pubmed
- Stehr M, Schneider G, Aslund F, Holmgren A, Lindqvist Y. Structural basis for the thioredoxin-like activity profile of the glutaredoxin-like NrdH-redoxin from Escherichia coli. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:35836-41 pubmed..coli thioredoxin reductase at this pocket and also via a loop that is complementary to a crevice in the reductase in a similar manner as observed in the E. coli thioredoxin-thioredoxin reductase complex. ..
- Skoglund G. Selective inhibition by H7 and staurosporin of phorbol ester responses in U-937 cells. Cell Signal. 1993;5:325-30 pubmed..In addition, the data indicate that selective pharmacological interference with different protein kinase C-mediated processes is achievable. ..
- Eriksson T, Whitley P, Johansson E, van Hage Hamsten M, Gafvelin G. Identification and characterisation of two allergens from the dust mite Acarus siro, homologous with fatty acid-binding proteins. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1999;119:275-81 pubmed..The amino acid sequence of the 17-kD protein was partly determined and it also showed high sequence homology with Blo t 13 and FABPs. ..
- Sigurdardottir O, Wiman B. Identification of a PAI-1 binding site in vitronectin. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1208:104-10 pubmed..The peptide also prevented PAI-1 from oxidation with chloramine T. The half-life was prolonged about 4-fold as compared to about 30-fold with intact vitronectin. ..
- Stehr M, Lindqvist Y. NrdH-redoxin of Corynebacterium ammoniagenes forms a domain-swapped dimer. Proteins. 2004;55:613-9 pubmed..An extended hydrogen-bond network, similar to that in E. coli NrdH-redoxin, determines the conformation of the loop formed by the conserved motif. ..
- Nilvebrant J, Kuku G, Björkelund H, Nestor M. Selection and in vitro characterization of human CD44v6-binding antibody fragments. Biotechnol Appl Biochem. 2012;59:367-80 pubmed publisher..The flexible recombinant source of the Fab fragments might aid the development of tailored molecules adapted for therapeutic or diagnostic applications in the future. ..
- Weigelt J, Miles C, Dixon N, Otting G. Backbone NMR assignments and secondary structure of the N-terminal domain of DnaB helicase from E. coli. J Biomol NMR. 1998;11:233-4 pubmed
- Stromberg P, Svensson S, Hedberg J, Nordling E, Hoog J. Identification and characterisation of two allelic forms of human alcohol dehydrogenase 2. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2002;59:552-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the Ile308Val substitution represents a novel functional polymorphism within the human alcohol dehydrogenase gene cluster that may affect the metabolism of ethanol and other substrates. ..
- Mkrtchian S, Sandalova T. ERp29, an unusual redox-inactive member of the thioredoxin family. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006;8:325-37 pubmed
- Westin M, Hunt M, Alexson S. Short- and medium-chain carnitine acyltransferases and acyl-CoA thioesterases in mouse provide complementary systems for transport of beta-oxidation products out of peroxisomes. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2008;65:982-90 pubmed publisher..These data also explain earlier observed tissue differences in peroxisomal production of acetyl-CoA/acetyl-carnitine/acetate and underscores the differences in peroxisome function in various organs. ..
- Mittal M, Hasan M, Balagunaseelan N, Fauland A, Wheelock C, Radmark O, et al. Investigation of calcium-dependent activity and conformational dynamics of zebra fish 12-lipoxygenase. Biochim Biophys Acta Gen Subj. 2017;1861:2099-2111 pubmed publisher..The study can be broadly implicated in better understanding the mode(s) of action of LOXs, and the enzymes regulated by calcium in general. ..
- Mkrtchian S, Baryshev M, Matvijenko O, Sharipo A, Sandalova T, Schneider G, et al. Oligomerization properties of ERp29, an endoplasmic reticulum stress protein. FEBS Lett. 1998;431:322-6 pubmed..Dimerization of the protein is suggested to be advantageous for the protein binding potential of ERp29. ..
- Irtyuga O, Malashicheva A, Zhiduleva E, Freylikhman O, Rotar O, Bäck M, et al. NOTCH1 Mutations in Aortic Stenosis: Association with Osteoprotegerin/RANK/RANKL. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:6917907 pubmed publisher..i>Conclusion. Our results suggest that the OPG/RANKL/RANK system might be directly influenced by genetic variants of NOTCH1 in aortic valve calcification. ..
- Seroussi E, Kedra D, Pan H, Peyrard M, Schwartz C, Scambler P, et al. Duplications on human chromosome 22 reveal a novel Ret Finger Protein-like gene family with sense and endogenous antisense transcripts. Genome Res. 1999;9:803-14 pubmed
- Sohlberg B, Lundberg U, Hartl F, von Gabain A. Functional interaction of heat shock protein GroEL with an RNase E-like activity in Escherichia coli. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:277-81 pubmed..When purifying RNase E activity, we obtained a preparation containing two major proteins of 60 and 17 kDa. The size and the N-terminal sequence identified the 60-kDa protein as GroEL. ..
- Hoshiko S, Radmark O, Samuelsson B. Characterization of the human 5-lipoxygenase gene promoter. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:9073-7 pubmed..Furthermore, HL-60 nuclear extracts contained specific nuclear factor(s) binding to 5-lipoxygenase promoter DNA, which could not be detected in HeLa cell nuclear extracts. ..
- Jia J, Huang W, Schörken U, Sahm H, Sprenger G, Lindqvist Y, et al. Crystal structure of transaldolase B from Escherichia coli suggests a circular permutation of the alpha/beta barrel within the class I aldolase family. Structure. 1996;4:715-24 pubmed..This observation provides evidence for a naturally occurring circular permutation in an alpha/beta-barrel protein. It appears that such genetic permutations occur more frequently during evolution than was previously thought. ..
- Siitonen V, Selvaraj B, Niiranen L, Lindqvist Y, Schneider G, Metsä Ketelä M. Divergent non-heme iron enzymes in the nogalamycin biosynthetic pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:5251-6 pubmed publisher..Our findings significantly expand the repertoire of reactions reported for this important protein family and provide an illustrative example of enzyme evolution. ..
- Friedman E, Gejman P, Martin G, McCormick F. Nonsense mutations in the C-terminal SH2 region of the GTPase activating protein (GAP) gene in human tumours. Nat Genet. 1993;5:242-7 pubmed..We conclude that mutations in the SH2 region of GAP may play a role in tumorigenesis and that inactivating mutations of the GAP catalytic domain do not contribute to tumour development. ..
- Sunnerhagen M, Nilges M, Otting G, Carey J. Solution structure of the DNA-binding domain and model for the complex of multifunctional hexameric arginine repressor with DNA. Nat Struct Biol. 1997;4:819-26 pubmed..The structural independence of the wHTH fold may be important for multimeric DNA-binding proteins that contact extended DNA regions with imperfect match to consensus sequences, a feature of many wHTH-domain proteins. ..
- Oppermann U, Knapp S, Bonetto V, Ladenstein R, J rnvall H. Isolation and structure of repressor-like proteins from the archaeon Sulfolobus solfataricus. Co-purification of RNase A with Sso7c. FEBS Lett. 1998;432:141-4 pubmed
- Tuiskunen A, Monteil V, Plumet S, Boubis L, Wahlström M, Duong V, et al. Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of dengue virus isolates differentiates dengue fever and dengue hemorrhagic fever from dengue shock syndrome. Arch Virol. 2011;156:2023-32 pubmed publisher..Genomic comparison of viruses revealed six unique amino acid residues in the membrane, envelope, and in non-structural genes in the virus isolated from the DSS patient. ..
- Baltscheffsky M, Schultz A, Baltscheffsky H. H+ -PPases: a tightly membrane-bound family. FEBS Lett. 1999;457:527-33 pubmed..Primary structures of H+-PPases are reviewed and compared with H+-ATPases and soluble PPases. ..
- Mingarro I, Nilsson I, Whitley P, von Heijne G. Different conformations of nascent polypeptides during translocation across the ER membrane. BMC Cell Biol. 2000;1:3 pubmed
- Xu L, Yang J, Link H, Xiao B. SIN-1, a nitric oxide donor, ameliorates experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in Lewis rats in the incipient phase: the importance of the time window. J Immunol. 2001;166:5810-6 pubmed..Enhanced NO production during the priming phase of EAE thus promotes apoptosis, down-regulates disease-promoting immune reactivities, and ameliorates clinical EAE, mainly through SIN-1-derived NO, without depending on NO synthase. ..
- Brodin B, Haslam K, Yang K, Bartolazzi A, Xie Y, Starborg M, et al. Cloning and characterization of spliced fusion transcript variants of synovial sarcoma: SYT/SSX4, SYT/SSX4v, and SYT/SSX2v. Possible regulatory role of the fusion gene product in wild type SYT expression. Gene. 2001;268:173-82 pubmed..This was also observed in a synovial sarcoma tumor expressing SYT/SSX4. This suggests that the SYT/SSX fusion gene may regulate SYT expression from the normal allele and as such alter the normal function of SYT. ..
- Westberg J, Persson A, Pettersson B, Uhlen M, Johansson K. ISMmy1, a novel insertion sequence of Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. mycoides small colony type. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2002;208:207-13 pubmed..This observation suggests horizontal transfer between MmymySC and M. bovis...
- Westlind A, Malmebo S, Johansson I, Otter C, Andersson T, Ingelman Sundberg M, et al. Cloning and tissue distribution of a novel human cytochrome p450 of the CYP3A subfamily, CYP3A43. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;281:1349-55 pubmed..It is concluded that CYP3A43 mRNA is expressed mainly in liver and testis and that the protein would not contribute significantly to human drug metabolism. ..