Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Publications527 found, 100 shown here
- Christersson C, Oldgren J, Wallentin L, Siegbahn A. Treatment with an oral direct thrombin inhibitor decreases platelet activity but increases markers of inflammation in patients with myocardial infarction. J Intern Med. 2011;270:215-23 pubmed publisher..Further studies with prolonged exposure of oral DTIs are needed for evaluation of the effect on inflammatory processes and to determine whether these agents influence clinical outcomes. ..
- Johansson M, Carlsson M, Sonnander K. Communication difficulties and the use of communication strategies: from the perspective of individuals with aphasia. Int J Lang Commun Disord. 2012;47:144-55 pubmed publisher..However, little is known about how persons with aphasia experience having conversations and how they perceive their own and their conversation partner's use of communication strategies...
- Aghazadeh A, Rutger Persson G, Renvert S. A single-centre randomized controlled clinical trial on the adjunct treatment of intra-bony defects with autogenous bone or a xenograft: results after 12 months. J Clin Periodontol. 2012;39:666-73 pubmed publisher..Limited evidence exists on the efficacy of regenerative treatment of peri-implantitis...
- Oosten A, Abrantes J, JÃ¶nsson S, de Bruijn P, Kuip E, FalcÃ£o A, et al. Treatment with subcutaneous and transdermal fentanyl: results from a population pharmacokinetic study in cancer patients. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2016;72:459-67 pubmed publisher..Further research is warranted to study the optimal scheme for rotations from the subcutaneous to the transdermal route. ..
- Brink M, Hansson M, Mathsson Alm L, Wijayatunga P, Verheul M, Trouw L, et al. Rheumatoid factor isotypes in relation to antibodies against citrullinated peptides and carbamylated proteins before the onset of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:43 pubmed publisher..RF isotypes predicted the development of RA, particularly in combination with ACPA, anti-CCP2 or anti-CarP antibodies. The highest probability for disease development was the presence of anti-CCP2 and anti-filaggrin antibodies. ..
- Eliasson A, Bergqvist D, Bjorck M, Acosta S, Sternby N, Ogren M. Incidence and risk of venous thromboembolism in patients with verified arterial thrombosis: a population study based on 23,796 consecutive autopsies. J Thromb Haemost. 2006;4:1897-902 pubmed..Our findings indicate a potential for directed prevention, but may also imply similarities in etiology. ..
- Wadelius M, Stjernberg E, Wiholm B, Rane A. Polymorphisms of NAT2 in relation to sulphasalazine-induced agranulocytosis. Pharmacogenetics. 2000;10:35-41 pubmed..Instead, selection bias was suspected since more slow acetylators may have discontinued sulphasalazine therapy because of drug-intolerance. ..
- Perez Cornago A, Travis R, Appleby P, Tsilidis K, Tjønneland A, Olsen A, et al. Fruit and vegetable intake and prostate cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC). Int J Cancer. 2017;141:287-297 pubmed publisher..The main finding of this prospective study was that a higher fruit intake was associated with a small reduction in prostate cancer risk. Whether this association is causal remains unclear. ..
- Moen J, Bohm A, Tillenius T, Antonov K, Nilsson J, Ring L. "I don't know how many of these [medicines] are necessary.." - a focus group study among elderly users of multiple medicines. Patient Educ Couns. 2009;74:135-41 pubmed publisher..Importance of the patient-doctor relationship for treatment success is highlighted. Moreover, to be able to capture both accounts of the elderly in this study an appropriate consultation length is needed. ..
- Wahlstedt K, Norback D, Wieslander G, Skoglund L, Runeson R. Psychosocial and ergonomic factors, and their relation to musculoskeletal complaints in the Swedish workforce. Int J Occup Saf Ergon. 2010;16:311-21 pubmed..35). No associations were found between iso-strain model and symptoms among males. In conclusion, iso-strain work situation was associated with neck symptoms among females, even when controlling for ergonomic factors. ..
- Reilly P, Lehr T, Haertter S, Connolly S, Yusuf S, Eikelboom J, et al. The effect of dabigatran plasma concentrations and patient characteristics on the frequency of ischemic stroke and major bleeding in atrial fibrillation patients: the RE-LY Trial (Randomized Evaluation of Long-Term Anticoagulation Therapy). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:321-8 pubmed publisher..Individual benefit-risk might be improved by tailoring dabigatran dose after considering selected patient characteristics. (Randomized Evaluation of Long Term Anticoagulant Therapy [RE-LY] With Dabigatran Etexilate; NCT00262600). ..
- Westman G, Lidehäll A, Magnusson P, Ingelsson M, Kilander L, Lannfelt L, et al. Decreased proportion of cytomegalovirus specific CD8 T-cells but no signs of general immunosenescence in Alzheimer's disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e77921 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, patients with AD showed a decreased proportion of CMV-specific CD8 cells but no difference in general CD8 differentiation. ..
- Bring A, Ã…senlÃ¶f P, SÃ¶derlund A. What is the comparative effectiveness of current standard treatment, against an individually tailored behavioural programme delivered either on the Internet or face-to-face for people with acute whiplash associated disorder? A randomized controlled t. Clin Rehabil. 2016;30:441-53 pubmed publisher..Internet-delivered intervention was as effective as clinic-based face-to-face therapy sessions. ..
- Pokladnikova J, Meyboom R, Meincke R, Niedrig D, Russmann S. Allergy-Like Immediate Reactions with Herbal Medicines: A Retrospective Study Using Data from VigiBaseÂ®. Drug Saf. 2016;39:455-64 pubmed publisher..Studies using the VigibaseÂ® database can identify specific combinations of particular herbs and adverse reactions. Healthcare professionals and patients should be aware of these risks and report any serious adverse experiences. ..
- Christersson C, Oldgren J, Bylock A, Siegbahn A, Wallentin L. Early decrease in coagulation activity after myocardial infarction is associated with lower risk of new ischaemic events: observations from the ESTEEM Trial. Eur Heart J. 2007;28:692-8 pubmed..Patients with higher initial coagulation activity seemed to benefit most from long-term treatment with ximelagatran. ..
- Ljunggren O, Bolinder J, Johansson L, Wilding J, Langkilde A, Sjöström C, et al. Dapagliflozin has no effect on markers of bone formation and resorption or bone mineral density in patients with inadequately controlled type 2 diabetes mellitus on metformin. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2012;14:990-9 pubmed publisher..No fractures were reported. Dapagliflozin had no effect on markers of bone formation and resorption or BMD after 50 weeks of treatment in both male and post-menopausal female patients whose T2DM was inadequately controlled on metformin. ..
- Harvey N, Johansson H, Oden A, Karlsson M, Rosengren B, Ljunggren O, et al. FRAX predicts incident falls in elderly men: findings from MrOs Sweden. Osteoporos Int. 2016;27:267-74 pubmed publisher..Although falls are not included as an input variable, FRAX captures a component of risk for future falls and outperforms falls history with an extended follow-up time. ..
- Lindbäck H, Lindback J, Melhus A. Inadequate adherence to Swedish guidelines for uncomplicated lower urinary tract infections among adults in general practice. APMIS. 2017;125:816-821 pubmed publisher..To reduce the selection of multiresistant bacteria, an improvement of the use of diagnostic criteria/tools and antibiotic drugs in primary care is necessary. ..
- Lindholm D, Lindback J, Armstrong P, Budaj A, Cannon C, Granger C, et al. Biomarker-Based Risk Model to Predict Cardiovascular Mortality in Patients With Stable Coronary Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2017;70:813-826 pubmed publisher..The Stabilization of Atherosclerotic Plaque by Initiation of Darapladib Therapy Trial [STABILITY]; NCT00799903). ..
- Mantripragada K, Buckley P, Benetkiewicz M, De Bustos C, Hirvelä C, Jarbo C, et al. High-resolution profiling of an 11 Mb segment of human chromosome 22 in sporadic schwannoma using array-CGH. Int J Oncol. 2003;22:615-22 pubmed..Our array also provides a new diagnostic tool for analysis of NF2 gene deletions in patients affected with neurofibromatosis-2. ..
- Johansson G, Andreasson E, Larsson P, Vogelmeier C. Cost effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol for maintenance and reliever therapy versus salmeterol/fluticasone plus salbutamol in the treatment of asthma. Pharmacoeconomics. 2006;24:695-708 pubmed..SMART provided a reduction in the number of severe exacerbations per patient per year, at no statistically significant increase in cost - or even at a lower cost - compared with SFC plus as-needed reliever salbutamol. ..
- Eklöf H, Ahlstrom H, Magnusson A, Andersson L, Andren B, Hägg A, et al. A prospective comparison of duplex ultrasonography, captopril renography, MRA, and CTA in assessing renal artery stenosis. Acta Radiol. 2006;47:764-74 pubmed..The ultrasonography criteria for RAS based on the evaluation of renal peak systolic velocity and renal/aortic ratio are questionable. Captopril renography cannot be recommended for assessing RAS. ..
- Ekeblad S, Sundin A, Janson E, Welin S, Granberg D, Kindmark H, et al. Temozolomide as monotherapy is effective in treatment of advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:2986-91 pubmed..Temozolomide as monotherapy had acceptable toxicity and antitumoral effects in a small series of patients with advanced malignant neuroendocrine tumors and four of these showed radiologic responses. ..
- Velikyan I, Sundin A, Eriksson B, Lundqvist H, Sorensen J, Bergstrom M, et al. In vivo binding of [68Ga]-DOTATOC to somatostatin receptors in neuroendocrine tumours--impact of peptide mass. Nucl Med Biol. 2010;37:265-75 pubmed publisher..68)Ga]-DOTATOC-PET-CT employing variable SRA may be utilised for accurate quantification of tumour uptake with subsequent dosimetry for personalized therapy management. ..
- Eggers K, Kempf T, Venge P, Wallentin L, Wollert K, Lindahl B. Improving long-term risk prediction in patients with acute chest pain: the Global Registry of Acute Coronary Events (GRACE) risk score is enhanced by selected nonnecrosis biomarkers. Am Heart J. 2010;160:88-94 pubmed publisher..However, there is limited knowledge regarding the utility of this score for long-term risk prediction in unselected patients with acute chest pain and whether it might be improved by the integration of nonnecrosis biomarkers...
- Warensjo E, Byberg L, Melhus H, Gedeborg R, Mallmin H, Wolk A, et al. Dietary calcium intake and risk of fracture and osteoporosis: prospective longitudinal cohort study. BMJ. 2011;342:d1473 pubmed publisher..19 (1.06 to 1.32). Gradual increases in dietary calcium intake above the first quintile in our female population were not associated with further reductions in fracture risk or osteoporosis. ..
- Rönnemaa E, Zethelius B, Vessby B, Lannfelt L, Byberg L, Kilander L. Serum fatty-acid composition and the risk of Alzheimer's disease: a longitudinal population-based study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2012;66:885-90 pubmed publisher..No evidence of a protective effect of n-3 FAs against dementia was found. The results remained essentially unchanged if competing risk from mortality was taken into account. ..
- Lind P, Riserus U, Salihovic S, Bavel B, Lind L. An environmental wide association study (EWAS) approach to the metabolic syndrome. Environ Int. 2013;55:1-8 pubmed publisher..002 for all variables). Using a cross-sectional EWAS approach, certain environmental contaminants and lifestyle factors were found to be associated with prevalent metabolic syndrome in an additive fashion in an elderly population. ..
- Vandenput L, MellstrÃ¶m D, Kindmark A, Johansson H, Lorentzon M, Leung J, et al. High Serum SHBG Predicts Incident Vertebral Fractures in Elderly Men. J Bone Miner Res. 2016;31:683-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, high SHBG predicts incident clinical and radiographic vertebral fractures in elderly men and adds moderate information beyond FRAX with BMD for vertebral fracture risk prediction. ..
- Janson E, Oberg K. Long-term management of the carcinoid syndrome. Treatment with octreotide alone and in combination with alpha-interferon. Acta Oncol. 1993;32:225-9 pubmed..Our results also indicate that the combination of octreotide and alpha-interferon might be of beneficial value for long-term management of this disease. ..
- Garpenstrand H, Ekblom J, von Arbin M, Oreland L, Murray V. Plasma semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase in stroke. Eur Neurol. 1999;41:20-3 pubmed..Nevertheless, further studies on tissue-bound SSAO in cerebral vessels would be of great interest. ..
- Ross A, Kamal Eldin A, Lundin E, Zhang J, Hallmans G, Aman P. Cereal alkylresorcinols are absorbed by humans. J Nutr. 2003;133:2222-4 pubmed..AR absorbed by humans may be of importance as bioactive compounds, or as a biomarker of whole grain wheat and rye intake. ..
- Engstrom G, Henningsohn L, Steineck G, Leppert J. Self-assessed health, sadness and happiness in relation to the total burden of symptoms from the lower urinary tract. BJU Int. 2005;95:810-5 pubmed..3 (1.7-3.3). Social status, marital status, education, smoking, physical activity and urinary tract infection all affected the impact of LUTS. The total burden of LUTS is related to self-assessed health, sadness and happiness. ..
- Warensjo E, Ingelsson E, Lundmark P, Lannfelt L, Syvanen A, Vessby B, et al. Polymorphisms in the SCD1 gene: associations with body fat distribution and insulin sensitivity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2007;15:1732-40 pubmed..These results need confirmation in other populations with a larger sample size. ..
- Warensjo E, Riserus U, Gustafsson I, Mohsen R, Cederholm T, Vessby B. Effects of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids on estimated desaturase activities during a controlled dietary intervention. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2008;18:683-90 pubmed publisher..Both the [16:1/16:0]-ratio and 16:1 seem to reflect changes in saturated fat intake and may be useful markers of saturated fat intake in Western countries. ..
- Bill Axelson A, Holmberg L, Filén F, Ruutu M, Garmo H, Busch C, et al. Radical prostatectomy versus watchful waiting in localized prostate cancer: the Scandinavian prostate cancer group-4 randomized trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:1144-54 pubmed publisher..2, 95% CI = 3.3 to 61.8; P < .001). Radical prostatectomy reduces prostate cancer mortality and risk of metastases with little or no further increase in benefit 10 or more years after surgery. ..
- Lannergård A, Viberg A, Cars O, Karlsson M, Sandstrom M, Larsson A. The time course of body temperature, serum amyloid A protein, C-reactive protein and interleukin-6 in patients with bacterial infection during the initial 3 days of antibiotic therapy. Scand J Infect Dis. 2009;41:663-71 pubmed publisher..Further studies are proposed for biomarker guidance antibiotic therapy in sepsis patients without septic shock. ..
- Lind P, Roos V, Rönn M, Johansson L, Ahlstrom H, Kullberg J, et al. Serum concentrations of phthalate metabolites are related to abdominal fat distribution two years later in elderly women. Environ Health. 2012;11:21 pubmed publisher..The present evaluation shows that especially the phthalate metabolite MiBP was related to increased fat amount in the subcutaneous abdominal region in women measured by DXA and MRI two years later. ..
- Engstrom S, Berne C, Gahnberg L, Svardsudd K. Effectiveness of screening for diabetes mellitus in dental health care. Diabet Med. 2013;30:239-45 pubmed publisher..Cooperation between dental and primary care for high blood glucose screening and follow-up appears to be a feasible method for early diagnosis of diabetes. ..
- Mansouri L, Grabowski P, Degerman S, Svenson U, Gunnarsson R, Cahill N, et al. Short telomere length is associated with NOTCH1/SF3B1/TP53 aberrations and poor outcome in newly diagnosed chronic lymphocytic leukemia patients. Am J Hematol. 2013;88:647-51 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these novel data indicate that short TL already at diagnosis is associated with poor outcome in CLL and that TL can be measured at later stages of the disease. ..
- Damman P, Varenhorst C, Koul S, Eriksson P, Erlinge D, Lagerqvist B, et al. Treatment patterns and outcomes in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention treated with prasugrel or clopidogrel (from the Swedish Coronary Angiography and Angioplasty Registry [SCAAR]). Am J Cardiol. 2014;113:64-9 pubmed publisher..Mortality and bleeding rates were lower with prasugrel than clopidogrel, probably because of patient selection. ..
- SundstrÃ¶m J, Hedberg J, Thuresson M, Aarskog P, Johannesen K, Oldgren J. Low-Dose Aspirin Discontinuation and Risk of Cardiovascular Events: A Swedish Nationwide, Population-Based Cohort Study. Circulation. 2017;136:1183-1192 pubmed publisher..Adherence to low-dose aspirin treatment in the absence of major surgery or bleeding is likely an important treatment goal. ..
- Eriksson B, Oberg K, Skogseid B. Neuroendocrine pancreatic tumors. Clinical findings in a prospective study of 84 patients. Acta Oncol. 1989;28:373-7 pubmed..1 versus 5.8 years). Patients who received interferon after failing chemotherapy had a significantly better survival than those given chemotherapy alone (5-year survival 65 and 50% respectively). ..
- Granlund A, Karlson B, Elvin A, Rasmussen I. Ultrasound-guided percutaneous cholecystostomy in high-risk surgical patients. Langenbecks Arch Surg. 2001;386:212-7 pubmed..USGPC is a procedure with few complications and a high success rate. In patients with acalculous cholecystitis as well as in many patients with calculous cholecystitis, no further treatment was needed. ..
- Oberg K, Fugl Meyer A, Fugl Meyer K. On categorization and quantification of women's sexual dysfunctions: an epidemiological approach. Int J Impot Res. 2004;16:261-9 pubmed..Hence, it is a matter of taste whether to use the A or the B category. Together, they can explain the gross level of satisfaction with sexual life to an adequate extent...
- Hedenmalm K, Sundström A, Spigset O. Alopecia associated with treatment with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs). Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2006;15:719-25 pubmed..No statistically significant associations were found for any of the other SSRIs. Alopecia appears to be a rare ADR to SSRIs. The risk of alopecia seems to vary between the different SSRIs, and might be higher in women than in men. ..
- Johansson T, Lejonklou M, Ekeblad S, Stalberg P, Skogseid B. Lack of nuclear expression of hairy and enhancer of split-1 (HES1) in pancreatic endocrine tumors. Horm Metab Res. 2008;40:354-9 pubmed publisher..No nuclear expression of HES1 was found in the tumors. This lack of nuclear expression of HES1 may contribute to the abundance of ASCL1 and to tumorigenesis in the endocrine pancreas. ..
- Bergqvist D, Bjorck M. Secondary arterioenteric fistulation--a systematic literature analysis. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2009;37:31-42 pubmed publisher..The best therapeutic option seems to be axillobifemoral revascularization and subsequent graft removal, which however, requires haemodynamically stable patients. Endovascular repair may serve as a bridge to open surgery. ..
- Kalliomäki M, Sandblom G, Gunnarsson U, Gordh T. Persistent pain after groin hernia surgery: a qualitative analysis of pain and its consequences for quality of life. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2009;53:236-46 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to determine the type of post-herniorrhaphy pain and its influence on daily life...
- Nyström Rosander C, Frisk P, Edvinsson M, Hjelm E, Thelin S, Friman G, et al. Thoracic aortic aneurysm patients with Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection showed a shift in trace element levels in serum and diseased aortic tissue. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2009;23:100-6 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae-positive compared with C. pneumoniae-negative patients. The results are compatible with active infection and/or inflammation, possibly initiated by C. pneumoniae...
- Tängdén T, Cars O, Melhus A, Löwdin E. Foreign travel is a major risk factor for colonization with Escherichia coli producing CTX-M-type extended-spectrum beta-lactamases: a prospective study with Swedish volunteers. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:3564-8 pubmed publisher..Considering the high acquisition rate of 24%, it is obvious that global efforts are needed to meet the emergence and spread of CTX-M enzymes and other antimicrobial resistances. ..
- Grundberg E, Lau E, Pastinen T, Kindmark A, Nilsson O, Ljunggren O, et al. Vitamin D receptor 3' haplotypes are unequally expressed in primary human bone cells and associated with increased fracture risk: the MrOS Study in Sweden and Hong Kong. J Bone Miner Res. 2007;22:832-40 pubmed..The results indicate that the relatively overexpressed VDR Hap1 haplotype could be considered a risk allele for osteoporosis regardless of ethnicity. ..
- Sigurdsson S, Padyukov L, Kurreeman F, Liljedahl U, Wiman A, Alfredsson L, et al. Association of a haplotype in the promoter region of the interferon regulatory factor 5 gene with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2007;56:2202-10 pubmed
- Lind A, Reis M, Bengtsson F, Jonzier Perey M, Powell Golay K, Ahlner J, et al. Steady-state concentrations of mirtazapine, N-desmethylmirtazapine, 8-hydroxymirtazapine and their enantiomers in relation to cytochrome P450 2D6 genotype, age and smoking behaviour. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2009;48:63-70 pubmed publisher..Our results also support the role of CYP1A2 in the metabolism of mirtazapine, with lower serum concentrations in smokers than in nonsmokers. ..
- Ardesjö B, Portela Gomes G, Rorsman F, Grimelius L, Ekwall O. Identification of a novel staining pattern of bile duct epithelial cells in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:305-11 pubmed publisher..Previously unpublished, specific, and strong autoantibodies against epithelial cells of the bile duct in PSC sera were identified. Furthermore, PDZK1 is suggested as a potential new autoantigen. ..
- Michaelsson K, Baron J, Snellman G, Gedeborg R, Byberg L, Sundstrom J, et al. Plasma vitamin D and mortality in older men: a community-based prospective cohort study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;92:841-8 pubmed publisher..69, 2.54) concentrations indicated higher risk. Both high and low concentrations of plasma 25(OH)D are associated with elevated risks of overall and cancer mortality. Low concentrations are associated with cardiovascular mortality. ..
- Skoglund L, Matsui T, Freeman S, Wallin A, Blom E, Frosch M, et al. Novel progranulin mutation detected in 2 patients with FTLD. Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord. 2011;25:173-8 pubmed publisher..From the screening of these 51 FTLD patients, we could also identify the earlier reported mutation Gln130fs, and several coding sequence variants that are most likely nonpathogenic. ..
- Abdeldaim G, Stralin K, Korsgaard J, Blomberg J, Welinder Olsson C, Herrmann B. Multiplex quantitative PCR for detection of lower respiratory tract infection and meningitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae and Neisseria meningitidis. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:310 pubmed publisher..pneumoniae, H. influenzae and N. meningitidis and the assay enable detection after antibiotic treatment has been installed. Quantification increases the specificity of the etiology for pneumonia. ..
- Manojlović Gacić E, Skender Gazibara M, Popovic V, Soldatovic I, Boricic N, Raičević S, et al. Oncogene-Induced Senescence in Pituitary Adenomas--an Immunohistochemical Study. Endocr Pathol. 2016;27:1-11 pubmed publisher..p16 seems to have a more prominent role in the pituitary tumorigenesis than in the senescence. Recurrent growth in a subset of the pituitary adenomas is not associated with consistent changes in the senescence pattern. ..
- Varenhorst E, Klaff R, Berglund A, Hedlund P, Sandblom G. Predictors of early androgen deprivation treatment failure in prostate cancer with bone metastases. Cancer Med. 2016;5:407-14 pubmed publisher..Four independent clinical predictors of early ADT failure could be defined, and men exhibiting these features should be considered for an alternative treatment. ..
- Hellstrom P, Samuelsson B, Al Ani A, Hedstrom M. Normal gastric emptying time of a carbohydrate-rich drink in elderly patients with acute hip fracture: a pilot study. BMC Anesthesiol. 2017;17:23 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov NCT02753010 . Registered 17 April 2016, retrospectively. ..
- Thomsen M, Guren M, Skovlund E, Glimelius B, Hjermstad M, Johansen J, et al. Health-related quality of life in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, association with systemic inflammatory response and RAS and BRAF mutation status. Eur J Cancer. 2017;81:26-35 pubmed publisher..The associations between levels of systemic inflammatory markers and reduced HRQoL suggest that the patients might benefit from anti-inflammatory treatment. ..
- Kozarcanin H, Lood C, Munthe Fog L, Sandholm K, Hamad O, Bengtsson A, et al. The lectin complement pathway serine proteases (MASPs) represent a possible crossroad between the coagulation and complement systems in thromboinflammation. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:531-45 pubmed publisher..This activation is triggered by activated platelets and by the generation of fibrin during thrombotic reactions in vitro and in vivo, and may represent a novel activation/amplification mechanism in thromboinflammation. ..
- Movérare R, Westritschnig K, Svensson M, Hayek B, Bende M, Pauli G, et al. Different IgE reactivity profiles in birch pollen-sensitive patients from six European populations revealed by recombinant allergens: an imprint of local sensitization. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2002;128:325-35 pubmed..This observation may be explained by sensitization to different allergen sources and will have an impact on allergen-specific prevention and therapy strategies. ..
- Gustafsson U, Graf W. Excision of anal fistula with closure of the internal opening: functional and manometric results. Dis Colon Rectum. 2002;45:1672-8 pubmed..A decrease in continence is seen also after this kind of surgery for anal fistula. Manometric results suggest that this is associated with an impaired internal anal sphincter function. ..
- Garpenstrand H, Norton N, Damberg M, Rylander G, Forslund K, Mattila Evenden M, et al. A regulatory monoamine oxidase a promoter polymorphism and personality traits. Neuropsychobiology. 2002;46:190-3 pubmed..We conclude that the structure of this MAOA promoter region does not have a large impact on the expression of personality characteristics in the present Swedish population. ..
- Savic R, Jonker D, Kerbusch T, Karlsson M. Implementation of a transit compartment model for describing drug absorption in pharmacokinetic studies. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2007;34:711-26 pubmed..Based on these results, the TRANSIT model is an attractive alternative for modeling drug absorption delay, especially when a LAG model poorly describes the drug absorption phase or is numerically unstable. ..
- Petersson H, Lind L, Hulthe J, Elmgren A, Cederholm T, Riserus U. Relationships between serum fatty acid composition and multiple markers of inflammation and endothelial function in an elderly population. Atherosclerosis. 2009;203:298-303 pubmed publisher..Given the absent association between FA composition and the other markers, CRP may be the preferable marker to use when investigating potential relationships between FAs and low-grade inflammation. ..
- Wallentin L, Becker R, Budaj A, Cannon C, Emanuelsson H, Held C, et al. Ticagrelor versus clopidogrel in patients with acute coronary syndromes. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:1045-57 pubmed publisher..ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT00391872.) ..
- Smit J, Darcy C, Audolfsson T, Hartman E, Acosta R. Multilayer reconstructions for defects overlying the Achilles tendon with the lateral-arm flap: long-term follow-up of 16 cases. Microsurgery. 2012;32:438-44 pubmed publisher..The aim of this report is to share the experience the authors gained with this type of reconstruction. The authors report the largest series in the published reports today...
- Nerpin E, Helmersson Karlqvist J, Riserus U, Sundstrom J, Larsson A, Jobs E, et al. Inflammation, oxidative stress, glomerular filtration rate, and albuminuria in elderly men: a cross-sectional study. BMC Res Notes. 2012;5:537 pubmed publisher..The unexpected association between higher eGFR/lower albuminuria and increased F2-isoprostanes in urine merits further studies. ..
- Di Angelantonio E, Gao P, Khan H, Butterworth A, Wormser D, Kaptoge S, et al. Glycated hemoglobin measurement and prediction of cardiovascular disease. JAMA. 2014;311:1225-33 pubmed publisher..In a study of individuals without known CVD or diabetes, additional assessment of HbA1c values in the context of CVD risk assessment provided little incremental benefit for prediction of CVD risk. ..
- Burman J, Raininko R, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Axelsson M, MalmestrÃ¶m C. YKL-40 is a CSF biomarker of intrathecal inflammation in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2016;292:52-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with secondary progressive MS had similar high levels of YKL-40, whereas not active relapsing-remitting MS patients had YKL-40 levels comparable to healthy controls. ..
- Lindholm D, Hagström E, James S, Becker R, Cannon C, Himmelmann A, et al. Growth Differentiation Factor 15 at 1 Month After an Acute Coronary Syndrome Is Associated With Increased Risk of Major Bleeding. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..GDF-15 levels may therefore be useful as part of decision support concerning long-term antithrombotic treatment in patients post-ACS. URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00391872. ..
- Lindahl B, Venge P, James S. The new high-sensitivity cardiac troponin T assay improves risk assessment in acute coronary syndromes. Am Heart J. 2010;160:224-9 pubmed publisher..4%, 5.2%, and 8.7%; P < .001). The new hs-cTnT assay, compared with the old cTnT assay, identified more patients with myocardial damage and who were at an increased risk for new cardiac events. ..
- Witthaut J, Bushmakin A, Gerber R, Cappelleri J, Le Graverand Gastineau M. Determining clinically important changes in range of motion in patients with Dupuytren's Contracture: secondary analysis of the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled CORD I study. Clin Drug Investig. 2011;31:791-8 pubmed publisher
- Pavel M, Hainsworth J, Baudin E, Peeters M, Hörsch D, Winkler R, et al. Everolimus plus octreotide long-acting repeatable for the treatment of advanced neuroendocrine tumours associated with carcinoid syndrome (RADIANT-2): a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study. Lancet. 2011;378:2005-2012 pubmed publisher..Everolimus plus octreotide LAR, compared with placebo plus octreotide LAR, improved progression-free survival in patients with advanced neuroendocrine tumours associated with carcinoid syndrome. Novartis Pharmaceuticals. ..
- Edfeldt L, Rask Andersen H. Round window vibroplasty in chronic ear surgery: comparison with conventional hearing rehabilitation. Acta Otolaryngol. 2013;133:814-25 pubmed publisher..One patient was re-implanted due to accidental damage to the electrode. In all patients, the pertinent functional hearing results were achieved and were comparable to previous rehabilitation results. ..
- Bentmar Holgersson M, Ruhayel Y, Karlsson M, Giwercman A, Bjartell A, Ohlsson C, et al. Lower prostate cancer risk in Swedish men with the androgen receptor E213 A-allele. Cancer Causes Control. 2017;28:227-233 pubmed publisher..68; 95% CI 0.51-0.90; p?=?0.008). Swedish men with the variant AR haplotype H2, tagged by rs6624304, have significantly lower risk of PCa compared to those with the more common variant. ..
- Eriksson B, Oberg K, Wilander E, Bengtsson A, Risberg B, Lindgren P, et al. Nuclear DNA distribution in neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors before and during treatment. Acta Oncol. 1989;28:193-7 pubmed..A change from diploid to aneuploid records was also seen in 7/23 (30%) carcinoid tumors after treatment. The DNA patterns before and after treatment did not show any correlation with survival or treatment response. ..
- Janson E, Kalkner K, Eriksson B, Westlin J, Oberg K. Somatostatin receptor scintigraphy during treatment with lanreotide in patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Nucl Med Biol. 1999;26:877-82 pubmed
- Grundberg E, Akesson K, Kindmark A, Gerdhem P, Holmberg A, Mellstrom D, et al. The impact of estradiol on bone mineral density is modulated by the specific estrogen receptor-alpha cofactor retinoblastoma-interacting zinc finger protein-1 insertion/deletion polymorphism. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007;92:2300-6 pubmed..Further studies are required to determine whether this polymorphism modulates the estrogenic response to estradiol treatment. ..
- Willing B, Dicksved J, Halfvarson J, Andersson A, Lucio M, Zheng Z, et al. A pyrosequencing study in twins shows that gastrointestinal microbial profiles vary with inflammatory bowel disease phenotypes. Gastroenterology. 2010;139:1844-1854.e1 pubmed publisher..Interindividual variation and an inability to detect less abundant bacteria have made it difficult to correlate specific bacteria with disease...
- Taqi M, Bazov I, Watanabe H, Sheedy D, Harper C, Alkass K, et al. Prodynorphin CpG-SNPs associated with alcohol dependence: elevated methylation in the brain of human alcoholics. Addict Biol. 2011;16:499-509 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest a causal link between alcoholism-associated PDYN 3'-UTR CpG-SNP methylation, activation of PDYN transcription and vulnerability of individuals with the C, non-risk allele(s) to develop alcohol dependence. ..
- Klar J, Blomstrand P, Brunmark C, Badhai J, Håkansson H, Brange C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 10 haploinsufficiency causes chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Med Genet. 2011;48:705-9 pubmed publisher..Specifically, the results show that FGF10 haploinsufficiency affects lung function measures providing a model for a dosage sensitive effect of FGF10 in the development of COPD. ..
- Lind P, Olsén L, Lind L. Circulating levels of metals are related to carotid atherosclerosis in elderly. Sci Total Environ. 2012;416:80-8 pubmed publisher..Circulating levels of some metals, like nickel, aluminum and chromium, were related to atherosclerotic plaques or the echogenicity of the IM-GSM and overt plaques independently of cardiovascular risk factors, including lipids. ..
- Haggard L, Andersson M, Punga A. ?-glucans reduce LDL cholesterol in patients with myasthenia gravis. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013;67:226-7 pubmed publisher..glucans may therefore be of value in improving lipid status in MG patients, without the muscle-related side effects accompanied by statins...
- Eggers K, Armstrong P, Califf R, Johnston N, Simoons M, Venge P, et al. Clinical and prognostic implications of circulating pentraxin 3 levels in non ST-elevation acute coronary syndrome. Clin Biochem. 2013;46:1655-9 pubmed publisher..PTX3 levels are elevated in NSTE-ACS. However, the prognostic information provided by PTX3 levels is limited and inferior compared to CRP. Our data, thus, do not support the measurement of PTX3 in patients with NSTE-ACS. ..