Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Publications585 found, 100 shown here
- Muntlin A, Carlsson M, Gunningberg L. Barriers to change hindering quality improvement: the reality of emergency care. J Emerg Nurs. 2010;36:317-23 pubmed publisher..Health care professionals' perspectives of quality of care are valuable and should be included in quality improvement work. ..
- Choy S, Hénin E, van der Walt J, Kjellsson M, Karlsson M. Identification of the primary mechanism of action of an insulin secretagogue from meal test data in healthy volunteers based on an integrated glucose-insulin model. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2013;40:1-10 pubmed publisher..4 ng mL(-1) for M1 and 267.1 ng mL(-1) for M2. The semi-mechanistic IGI model was successfully applied to MTT data and identified the primary mechanism of action for Gb, quantifying its effects on glucose and insulin time profiles. ..
- Johnson U, Engquist H, Lewén A, Howells T, Nilsson P, Ronne Engstrom E, et al. Increased risk of critical CBF levels in SAH patients with actual CPP below calculated optimal CPP. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2017;159:1065-1071 pubmed publisher..39, p = 0.02). CPP level per se was not associated with CBF. Calculation of CPPopt is possible in a majority of patients with severe SAH. Actual CPP below CPPopt is associated with low CBF. ..
- Cernvall M, Alaie I, von Essen L. The factor structure of traumatic stress in parents of children with cancer: a longitudinal analysis*. J Pediatr Psychol. 2012;37:448-57 pubmed publisher..Discussions Findings tentatively suggest that PTSS among parents of children with cancer consist of four factors. Implications for research and clinical practice are discussed. ..
- Peterson M, Svardsudd K, Appel L, Engler H, Aarnio M, Gordh T, et al. PET-scan shows peripherally increased neurokinin 1 receptor availability in chronic tennis elbow: visualizing neurogenic inflammation?. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e75859 pubmed publisher..The increased NK1 receptor availability is interpreted as part of ongoing neurogenic inflammation and may have correlation to the pathogenesis of chronic tennis elbow. ClinicalTrials.gov NCT00888225 http://clinicaltrials.gov/ ..
- Svensson M, Lindmark S, Wiklund U, Rask P, Karlsson M, Myrin J, et al. Alterations in heart rate variability during everyday life are linked to insulin resistance. A role of dominating sympathetic over parasympathetic nerve activity?. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2016;15:91 pubmed publisher..The data suggest that an increased ratio of sympathetic to parasympathetic nerve activity, occurring via both inherited and acquired mechanisms, could potentially contribute to the development of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Akerstrom G, Hellman P. Primary hyperparathyroidism. Curr Opin Oncol. 2004;16:1-7 pubmed..There is now increased interest to better understand possible causes of the disease and schedule the most efficient surgical and medical treatment and discuss possible prophylaxis. ..
- Skirnisdottir I, Sorbe B. Body mass index as a prognostic factor in epithelial ovarian cancer and correlation with clinico-pathological factors. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:101-7 pubmed publisher..Overweight and obese patients did not have worse survival than normal weight and underweight patients. The prognostic impact of BMI on survival was only noted for underweight patients with serous tumors. ..
- Hakelius M, Koskela A, Ivarsson M, Grenman R, Rubin K, Gerdin B, et al. Keratinocytes and head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cells regulate urokinase-type plasminogen activator and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in fibroblasts. Anticancer Res. 2013;33:3113-8 pubmed..SCC and NOK regulate fibroblast expression of genes involved in tumor stroma turnover differentially in vitro. These observations may contribute to a better understanding of the mechanisms behind extracellular matrix turnover in tumors. ..
- Michaelsson G, Kristjansson G, Pihl Lundin I, Hagforsen E. Palmoplantar pustulosis and gluten sensitivity: a study of serum antibodies against gliadin and tissue transglutaminase, the duodenal mucosa and effects of gluten-free diet. Br J Dermatol. 2007;156:659-66 pubmed..Some patients also have psoriasis. A subgroup of patients with psoriasis has been shown to have silent gluten sensitivity with relevance for their psoriasis. Nothing is known about gluten sensitivity in PPP...
- Klar J, Blomstrand P, Brunmark C, Badhai J, Håkansson H, Brange C, et al. Fibroblast growth factor 10 haploinsufficiency causes chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. J Med Genet. 2011;48:705-9 pubmed publisher..Specifically, the results show that FGF10 haploinsufficiency affects lung function measures providing a model for a dosage sensitive effect of FGF10 in the development of COPD. ..
- Swartling C, Färnstrand C, Abt G, Stalberg E, Naver H. Side-effects of intradermal injections of botulinum A toxin in the treatment of palmar hyperhidrosis: a neurophysiological study. Eur J Neurol. 2001;8:451-6 pubmed..With regard to the present results, one should be careful in using higher doses of Botox than 0.8 mU/cm(2) in the palmar skin above intrinsic muscles. No influence on thin-fibre function was seen. ..
- Lettesjö H, Hansson T, Peterson C, Ung K, Ringström G, Abrahamsson H, et al. Detection of inflammatory markers in stools from patients with irritable bowel syndrome and collagenous colitis. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2006;41:54-9 pubmed..Our data suggest that faecal markers could be used as part of the clinical work-up to determine which patients should be biopsied and evaluated for collagenous colitis. ..
- Petersson H, Daryani A, Riserus U. Sagittal abdominal diameter as a marker of inflammation and insulin resistance among immigrant women from the Middle East and native Swedish women: a cross-sectional study. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2007;6:10 pubmed..If these results could be confirmed in a larger population, SAD could be a more clinically useful risk marker than other anthropometric measures in women at high risk of cardiovascular disease. ..
- Tannergren C, Knutson T, Knutson L, Lennernas H. The effect of ketoconazole on the in vivo intestinal permeability of fexofenadine using a regional perfusion technique. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2003;55:182-90 pubmed..No significant effect of acute coadministration or pretreatment with ketoconazole on the in vivo intestinal absorption of fexofenadine was detected in this study. ..
- Ross A, Becker W, Chen Y, Kamal Eldin A, Aman P. Intake of alkylresorcinols from wheat and rye in the United Kingdom and Sweden. Br J Nutr. 2005;94:496-9 pubmed
- Torma H, Lindberg M, Berne B. Skin barrier disruption by sodium lauryl sulfate-exposure alters the expressions of involucrin, transglutaminase 1, profilaggrin, and kallikreins during the repair phase in human skin in vivo. J Invest Dermatol. 2008;128:1212-9 pubmed..Changes in protein expression of KLK-5 were also found. In conclusion, SLS-induced skin barrier defects induce altered mRNA expression of keratinocyte differentiation markers and enzymes degrading corneodesmosomes...
- Hamrén B, Ericsson H, Samuelsson O, Karlsson M. Mechanistic modelling of tesaglitazar pharmacokinetic data in subjects with various degrees of renal function--evidence of interconversion. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008;65:855-63 pubmed publisher..The model and data give insight into the likely mechanism (interconversion) of the increased tesaglitazar exposure in renally impaired subjects, and separate elimination and interconversion processes without dosing of the metabolite. ..
- Olauson H, Krajisnik T, Larsson C, Lindberg B, Larsson T. A novel missense mutation in GALNT3 causing hyperostosis-hyperphosphataemia syndrome. Eur J Endocrinol. 2008;158:929-34 pubmed publisher..Herein, we sought to identify the genetic cause of hyperphosphataemia and tibial hyperostosis in a 19-year-old girl of Colombian origin...
- Tsitsopoulos P, Tobieson L, Enblad P, Marklund N. Clinical outcome following surgical treatment for bilateral cerebellar infarction. Acta Neurol Scand. 2011;123:345-51 pubmed publisher..In the absence of brain stem infarcts, surgical treatment resulted in a favorable clinical outcome and should be considered a treatment option for patients with expansive bilateral cerebellar infarction. ..
- Li H, Loriè E, Fischer J, Vahlquist A, Torma H. The expression of epidermal lipoxygenases and transglutaminase-1 is perturbed by NIPAL4 mutations: indications of a common metabolic pathway essential for skin barrier homeostasis. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2368-2375 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our data indicate that ichthyin and TGM1 are functionally closely related in the lipid processing and that this metabolic pathway can be modified by retinoids. ..
- Lodin K, Lekander M, Syk J, Alving K, Petrovic P, Andréasson A. Longitudinal co-variations between inflammatory cytokines, lung function and patient reported outcomes in patients with asthma. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185019 pubmed publisher..The importance of inflammatory activation for patient reported outcomes in chronic inflammatory conditions need further investigation. ..
- Thuvander A, Moller T, Barbieri H, Jansson A, Salomonsson A, Olsen M. Dietary intake of some important mycotoxins by the Swedish population. Food Addit Contam. 2001;18:696-706 pubmed..Furthermore, the need for regulatory levels for trichothecenes in cereal products should be evaluated. ..
- Moëll A, Skog O, Ahlin E, Korsgren O, Frisk G. Antiviral effect of nicotinamide on enterovirus-infected human islets in vitro: effect on virus replication and chemokine secretion. J Med Virol. 2009;81:1082-7 pubmed publisher..Also, this study highlights a possible mechanism of virus-induced type 1 diabetes through the induction of MCP-1 and IP-10 in pancreatic islets. ..
- Darcy C, Smit J, Audolfsson T, Acosta R. Surgical technique: The intercostal space approach to the internal mammary vessels in 463 microvascular breast reconstructions. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2011;64:58-62 pubmed publisher..There was no serious morbidity associated with the intercostal space approach, the internal mammary vessels were reliably and safely exposed in all these cases and the flap success rate was 95.8%. ..
- Ryttlefors M, Enblad P, Ronne Engstrom E, Persson L, Ilodigwe D, MacDonald R. Patient age and vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:911-7 pubmed publisher..Age does not seem to be a significant predictor for cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. ..
- Polajeva J, Sjösten A, Lager N, Kastemar M, Waern I, Alafuzoff I, et al. Mast cell accumulation in glioblastoma with a potential role for stem cell factor and chemokine CXCL12. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e25222 pubmed publisher..Moreover, human GBMs were positive for CXCL12 and the infiltrating MCs were positive for CXCR4. In conclusion, we provide the first evidence for a role for MCs in glioma. ..
- Norback D, Nordström K, Zhao Z. Carbon dioxide (CO2) demand-controlled ventilation in university computer classrooms and possible effects on headache, fatigue and perceived indoor environment: an intervention study. Int Arch Occup Environ Health. 2013;86:199-209 pubmed publisher..To study the effects of a CO(2) demand-controlled ventilation system (variable flow) in computer classrooms on perceived air quality and sick building syndrome...
- Bergman L, Ã…kerud H. Plasma Levels of the Cerebral Biomarker, Neuron-Specific Enolase, are Elevated During Pregnancy in Women Developing Preeclampsia. Reprod Sci. 2016;23:395-400 pubmed publisher..The result might be confounded in early pregnancy by extracerebral sources of NSE, such as the corpus luteum. Findings need to be confirmed in a larger prospective study. ..
- Brink M, Hansson M, Mathsson Alm L, Wijayatunga P, Verheul M, Trouw L, et al. Rheumatoid factor isotypes in relation to antibodies against citrullinated peptides and carbamylated proteins before the onset of rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2016;18:43 pubmed publisher..RF isotypes predicted the development of RA, particularly in combination with ACPA, anti-CCP2 or anti-CarP antibodies. The highest probability for disease development was the presence of anti-CCP2 and anti-filaggrin antibodies. ..
- Grandahl M, Larsson M, Tyden T, Stenhammar C. School nurses' attitudes towards and experiences of the Swedish school-based HPV vaccination programme - A repeated cross sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175883 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is essential to provide ongoing education and training for school nurses who are key healthcare professionals for providing information about HPV and HPV vaccination to parents and to pupils. ..
- Razaz N, Tomson T, Wikström A, Cnattingius S. Association Between Pregnancy and Perinatal Outcomes Among Women With Epilepsy. JAMA Neurol. 2017;74:983-991 pubmed publisher..To date, few attempts have been made to examine associations between exposure to maternal epilepsy with or without antiepileptic drug (AED) therapy and pregnancy and perinatal outcomes...
- Friberg U, Jansson B, Rask Andersen H, Bagger Sjoback D. Variations in surgical anatomy of the endolymphatic sac. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1988;114:389-94 pubmed..The results indicate that a minute extraosseous ES could explain the sometimes difficult task of localizing this structure at ES surgery. The great variability in size might perhaps also explain the varying results of this surgery...
- Low J, Dyster Aas J, Willebrand M, Kildal M, Gerdin B, Ekselius L. Chronic nightmares after severe burns: risk factors and implications for treatment. J Burn Care Rehabil. 2003;24:260-7; discussion 259 pubmed..Certain personality traits and coping strategies apparently increase the risk of having nightmares after a severe burn. Helping persons at risk develop different coping strategies may be a possible means of prevention or treatment...
- Plan E, Elshoff J, Stockis A, Sargentini Maier M, Karlsson M. Likert pain score modeling: a Markov integer model and an autoregressive continuous model. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2012;91:820-8 pubmed publisher..The integer model was complex but flexible, whereas the continuous model can more easily be developed, although requires longer runtimes. ..
- Johansson P, Lindahl E. Locking-in effects due to early interventions? An evaluation of a multidisciplinary screening programs for avoiding long-term sickness. Eval Rev. 2012;36:323-45 pubmed publisher..Our main explanation for this discouraging result is that the team focuses too much on rehabilitation rather than encouraging the sick-listed individual to return to work. ..
- Lindgren K, Kårehed K, Karypidis H, Hosseini F, Bremme K, Landgren B, et al. Histidine-rich glycoprotein gene polymorphism in patients with recurrent miscarriage. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2013;92:974-7 pubmed publisher..44, 95% CI 1.01-5.92). Our results indicate an important role for the HRG C633T SNP in the occurrence of recurrent miscarriage. ..
- Persson I, Granath F, Askling J, Ludvigsson J, Olsson T, Feltelius N. Risks of neurological and immune-related diseases, including narcolepsy, after vaccination with Pandemrix: a population- and registry-based cohort study with over 2 years of follow-up. J Intern Med. 2014;275:172-90 pubmed publisher..To investigate the association between vaccination with Pandemrix and risk of selected neurological and immune-related diseases including narcolepsy...
- Enblad M, Birgisson H, Wanders A, SkÃ¶ldberg F, Ghanipour L, Graf W. Importance of Absent Neoplastic Epithelium in Patients Treated With Cytoreductive Surgery and Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016;23:1149-56 pubmed publisher..These patients have a favorable prognosis and a decreased risk of recurrence. Differences in patient selection can affect the proportion of NEA and hence explain differences in survival rates between reported series. ..
- Hennig S, Svensson E, Niebecker R, Fourie P, Weiner M, Bonora S, et al. Population pharmacokinetic drug-drug interaction pooled analysis of existing data for rifabutin and HIV PIs. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:1330-40 pubmed publisher..Although 300 mg of rifabutin every 3 days with boosted PI achieves an average equivalent exposure, intermittent doses of rifamycins are not supported by current guidelines. ..
- Healey J, Oldgren J, Ezekowitz M, Zhu J, Pais P, Wang J, et al. Occurrence of death and stroke in patients in 47 countries 1 year after presenting with atrial fibrillation: a cohort study. Lancet. 2016;388:1161-9 pubmed publisher..Prevention of death from heart failure should be a major priority in the treatment of atrial fibrillation. Boehringer Ingelheim. ..
- Fröjd C, Larsson G, Lampic C, von Essen L. Health related quality of life and psychosocial function among patients with carcinoid tumours. A longitudinal, prospective, and comparative study. Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2007;5:18 pubmed..Efforts to reduce these worries should be made. ..
- Jonsson M, Nordén Lindeberg S, Ostlund I, Hanson U. Acidemia at birth, related to obstetric characteristics and to oxytocin use, during the last two hours of labor. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2008;87:745-50 pubmed publisher..The increased uterine activity was related to overstimulation in the majority of cases. The duration of bearing down is less important when uterine contraction frequency has been considered. ..
- Wålinder R, Ernstgård L, Norback D, Wieslander G, Johanson G. Acute effects of 1-octen-3-ol, a microbial volatile organic compound (MVOC)--an experimental study. Toxicol Lett. 2008;181:141-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, there were both subjective and objective signs of mild mucosal irritation of eyes and airways together with symptoms of headache and nausea. ..
- Eriksson B, Oberg K, Wilander E, Bengtsson A, Risberg B, Lindgren P, et al. Nuclear DNA distribution in neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors before and during treatment. Acta Oncol. 1989;28:193-7 pubmed..A change from diploid to aneuploid records was also seen in 7/23 (30%) carcinoid tumors after treatment. The DNA patterns before and after treatment did not show any correlation with survival or treatment response. ..
- Jonasson B, Saldeen T. Citalopram in fatal poisoning cases. Forensic Sci Int. 2002;126:1-6 pubmed..Since, this result may not be generalisable to non-fatal poisoning cases, it is recommended that the prevalence of citalopram in these cases be examined separately. ..
- Ross A, Kamal Eldin A, Lundin E, Zhang J, Hallmans G, Aman P. Cereal alkylresorcinols are absorbed by humans. J Nutr. 2003;133:2222-4 pubmed..AR absorbed by humans may be of importance as bioactive compounds, or as a biomarker of whole grain wheat and rye intake. ..
- Råssjö E, Kambugu F, Tumwesigye M, Tenywa T, Darj E. Prevalence of sexually transmitted infections among adolescents in Kampala, Uganda, and theoretical models for improving syndromic management. J Adolesc Health. 2006;38:213-21 pubmed..6%/47% and 17.3%, respectively (p = .012). An algorithm for management of STI using behavioral and demographic factors in this population demonstrated enhanced sensitivity, specificity, and PPV. ..
- Eriksson E, Lindmark G, Axemo P, Haddad B, Ahlberg B. Faith, premarital sex and relationships: are church messages in accordance with the perceived realities of the youth? A qualitative study in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. J Relig Health. 2013;52:454-66 pubmed publisher..These moral barriers lead to lack of information about protection and may increase the risk of HIV. The realities young people facing should be a major concern for the faith communities. ..
- Jiao X, Wood L, Lindman M, Jones S, Buckhaults P, Polyak K, et al. Somatic mutations in the Notch, NF-KB, PIK3CA, and Hedgehog pathways in human breast cancers. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:480-9 pubmed publisher..These findings strengthen the evidence for involvement of the Notch, Hedgehog, NF-KB, and PIK3CA pathways in breast cancer development, and point to novel processes that likely are involved. ..
- Granstam S, Bjorklund E, Wikstrom G, Roos M. Use of echocardiographic pulmonary acceleration time and estimated vascular resistance for the evaluation of possible pulmonary hypertension. Cardiovasc Ultrasound. 2013;11:7 pubmed publisher..In high risk patients, an AT of less than 100 ms indicates a high probability of pulmonary hypertension. Furthermore, PVR estimation by ultrasound seems preferably be done by using the ratio of TTVG and TVI RVOT. ..
- Alfonsson S, Parling T, Ghaderi A. Group behavioral activation for patients with severe obesity and binge eating disorder: a randomized controlled trial. Behav Modif. 2015;39:270-94 pubmed publisher..However, future studies need to investigate whether effects of BA on binge eating might emerge later than at post-assessment, as in interpersonal psychotherapy for bulimia nervosa. ..
- Loskog A, Maleka A, Mangsbo S, Svensson E, Lundberg C, Nilsson A, et al. Immunostimulatory AdCD40L gene therapy combined with low-dose cyclophosphamide in metastatic melanoma patients. Br J Cancer. 2016;114:872-80 pubmed publisher..AdCD40L therapy for MM was well tolerated. Local and distant responses along with better survival in the low-dose cyclophosphamide group are encouraging. ..
- Lundgren S, Berntsson J, Nodin B, Micke P, Jirstrom K. Prognostic impact of tumour-associated B cells and plasma cells in epithelial ovarian cancer. J Ovarian Res. 2016;9:21 pubmed publisher..The important role of the humoral immune system merits further study and may be harnessed as immune modulatory strategies in cancer therapy. ..
- Lignell S, Aune M, Darnerud P, Stridsberg M, Hanberg A, Larsson S, et al. Maternal body burdens of PCDD/Fs and PBDEs are associated with maternal serum levels of thyroid hormones in early pregnancy: a cross-sectional study. Environ Health. 2016;15:55 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that maternal PCDD/F and BDE-153 body burdens influence maternal TH status in early pregnancy, which is a critical period when maternal TH status influences fetal development. ..
- Movérare R, Westritschnig K, Svensson M, Hayek B, Bende M, Pauli G, et al. Different IgE reactivity profiles in birch pollen-sensitive patients from six European populations revealed by recombinant allergens: an imprint of local sensitization. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2002;128:325-35 pubmed..This observation may be explained by sensitization to different allergen sources and will have an impact on allergen-specific prevention and therapy strategies. ..
- Garpenstrand H, Norton N, Damberg M, Rylander G, Forslund K, Mattila Evenden M, et al. A regulatory monoamine oxidase a promoter polymorphism and personality traits. Neuropsychobiology. 2002;46:190-3 pubmed..We conclude that the structure of this MAOA promoter region does not have a large impact on the expression of personality characteristics in the present Swedish population. ..
- Taha Y, Raab Y, Carlson M, Larsson A, Lördal M, Lööf L, et al. Steroids reduce local inflammatory mediator secretion and mucosal permeability in collagenous colitis patients. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:7012-8 pubmed
- Savic R, Jonker D, Kerbusch T, Karlsson M. Implementation of a transit compartment model for describing drug absorption in pharmacokinetic studies. J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn. 2007;34:711-26 pubmed..Based on these results, the TRANSIT model is an attractive alternative for modeling drug absorption delay, especially when a LAG model poorly describes the drug absorption phase or is numerically unstable. ..
- Lindhagen E, Eriksson A, Wickström M, Danielsson K, Grundmark B, Henriksson R, et al. Significant cytotoxic activity in vitro of the EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor gefitinib in acute myeloblastic leukaemia. Eur J Haematol. 2008;81:344-53 pubmed publisher..Gefitinib induced apoptosis, which was at least partly mediated by activation of the caspase-3 pathway. In vitro, gefitinib has significant cytotoxic activity in AML by inducing apoptosis through non-EGFR dependent pathways. ..
- Ivansson E, Magnusson J, Magnusson P, Erlich H, Gyllensten U. MHC loci affecting cervical cancer risk: distinguishing the effects of HLA-DQB1 and non-HLA genes TNF, LTA, TAP1 and TAP2. Genes Immun. 2008;9:613-23 pubmed publisher..Our results emphasize the importance of large sample sizes and underscore the necessity of examining both HLA and non-HLA loci in the MHC to assign association to the correct locus...
- Swartling M, Wahlstrom R. Isolated specialist or system integrated physician--different views on sickness certification among orthopaedic surgeons: an interview study. BMC Health Serv Res. 2008;8:273 pubmed publisher..This problem can be addressed at the level of the individual physician and at the system level. ..
- Abdeldaim G, Herrmann B, Korsgaard J, Olcen P, Blomberg J, Stralin K. Is quantitative PCR for the pneumolysin (ply) gene useful for detection of pneumococcal lower respiratory tract infection?. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2009;15:565-70 pubmed publisher..However, as a high cut-off resulted in low sensitivity, quantitative ply-based PCR does not appear to be clinically useful. Quantitative PCR methods for S. pneumoniae using alternative gene targets should be evaluated. ..
- Kassa A, Lilja H. Predictors of postnatal outcome in neonates with gastroschisis. J Pediatr Surg. 2011;46:2108-14 pubmed publisher..We performed a review of neonates with gastroschisis treated at our center of pediatric surgery over the last 21 years to determine predictive factors of outcome...
- Smit J, Darcy C, Audolfsson T, Hartman E, Acosta R. Multilayer reconstructions for defects overlying the Achilles tendon with the lateral-arm flap: long-term follow-up of 16 cases. Microsurgery. 2012;32:438-44 pubmed publisher..The aim of this report is to share the experience the authors gained with this type of reconstruction. The authors report the largest series in the published reports today...
- Landberg R, Aman P, Hallmans G, Johansson I. Long-term reproducibility of plasma alkylresorcinols as biomarkers of whole-grain wheat and rye intake within Northern Sweden Health and Disease Study Cohort. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2013;67:259-63 pubmed publisher..The objective was therefore to estimate the reproducibility of plasma AR concentrations over 0.1-3.9 years...
- Sima E, Hedberg J, Sundbom M. Gastrointestinal symptoms, weight loss and patient satisfaction 5 years after gastric bypass: a study of three techniques for the gastrojejunal anastomosis. Surg Endosc. 2016;30:1553-8 pubmed publisher..The difference is moderate but indicates that a narrow GJ results in increased frequency of vomiting and need for endoscopic interventions without improving the weight result. ..
- Burman J, Raininko R, Blennow K, Zetterberg H, Axelsson M, MalmestrÃ¶m C. YKL-40 is a CSF biomarker of intrathecal inflammation in secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. J Neuroimmunol. 2016;292:52-7 pubmed publisher..Patients with secondary progressive MS had similar high levels of YKL-40, whereas not active relapsing-remitting MS patients had YKL-40 levels comparable to healthy controls. ..
- Lindfors E, Tegelberg A, Magnusson T, Ernberg M. Treatment of temporomandibular disorders - knowledge, attitudes and clinical experience among general practising dentists in Sweden. Acta Odontol Scand. 2016;74:460-5 pubmed publisher..There is a high need for orofacial pain/TMD specialists and a majority of the GPDs wants the specialists to offer continuing education in TMD. ..
- Mortimer O, Wiholm B. Oesophageal injury associated with pivmecillinam tablets. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1989;37:605-7 pubmed..Further galenical development of the tablets and better patient information should reduce the number of patients injured. ..
- Fjällskog M, Sundin A, Westlin J, Oberg K, Janson E, Eriksson B. Treatment of malignant endocrine pancreatic tumors with a combination of alpha-interferon and somatostatin analogs. Med Oncol. 2002;19:35-42 pubmed..However, in this study, the value of sequential treatment has not been evaluated. ..
- Glimelius B, Dahl O, Cedermark B, Jakobsen A, Bentzen S, Starkhammar H, et al. Adjuvant chemotherapy in colorectal cancer: a joint analysis of randomised trials by the Nordic Gastrointestinal Tumour Adjuvant Therapy Group. Acta Oncol. 2005;44:904-12 pubmed..15), favouring chemotherapy, was seen. The present analyses corroborate a small but clinically meaningful survival gain from adjuvant chemotherapy in colon cancer stage III, but not in the other presentations. ..
- Wadelius M, Chen L, Eriksson N, Bumpstead S, Ghori J, Wadelius C, et al. Association of warfarin dose with genes involved in its action and metabolism. Hum Genet. 2007;121:23-34 pubmed..Translation of this knowledge into clinical guidelines for warfarin prescription will be likely to have a major impact on the safety and efficacy of warfarin. ..
- Reddy M, Velázquez Cruz R, Baca V, Lima G, Granados J, Orozco L, et al. Genetic association of IRF5 with SLE in Mexicans: higher frequency of the risk haplotype and its homozygozity than Europeans. Hum Genet. 2007;121:721-7 pubmed
- Mattsson L, Lundgren T, Everberg H, Larsson H, Lidholm J. Prostatic kallikrein: a new major dog allergen. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;123:362-8 pubmed publisher..The dog allergen identified here was found to cross-react with human prostate-specific antigen, a key culprit in IgE-mediated vaginal reactions to semen. Prostatic kallikrein is a new major dog allergen. ..
- Dahlbom I, Korponay Szabo I, Kovács J, Szalai Z, Maki M, Hansson T. Prediction of clinical and mucosal severity of coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis by quantification of IgA/IgG serum antibodies to tissue transglutaminase. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010;50:140-6 pubmed publisher..The combined measurement of IgA-TGA and IgG-TGA enables a noninvasive prediction of small intestinal villous atrophy with high accuracy, and may reduce the need for a biopsy in patients with suspected CD. ..
- Höglund J, Shirvan A, Antoni G, Gustavsson S, Langstrom B, Ringheim A, et al. 18F-ML-10, a PET tracer for apoptosis: first human study. J Nucl Med. 2011;52:720-5 pubmed publisher..Binding to apoptotic sites was also demonstrated. These data support further development of this small-molecule probe for clinical PET of apoptosis. ..
- Soveri I, Holme I, Holdaas H, Budde K, Jardine A, Fellstrom B. A cardiovascular risk calculator for renal transplant recipients. Transplantation. 2012;94:57-62 pubmed publisher..734 in the assessment sample and 0.720 in the test sample. Using the Assessment of Lescol in Renal Transplantation trial population, a formula for 7-year CVD and mortality risk calculation for prevalent RTRs has been developed. ..
- Lindahl A, Low A, Stridsberg M, Sjoberg F, Ekselius L, Gerdin B. Plasma chromogranin A after severe burn trauma. Neuropeptides. 2013;47:207-12 pubmed publisher..91 in a ROC-analysis. The extent of neuroendocrine activation assessed as P-CgA after a major burn injury is independently related to organ dysfunction. ..
- Pollard R, Rockstroh J, Pantaleo G, Asmuth D, Peters B, Lazzarin A, et al. Safety and efficacy of the peptide-based therapeutic vaccine for HIV-1, Vacc-4x: a phase 2 randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Lancet Infect Dis. 2014;14:291-300 pubmed publisher..Norwegian Research Council GLOBVAC Program and Bionor Pharma ASA. ..
- Krattinger R, Boström A, Lee S, Thasler W, Schioth H, Kullak Ublick G, et al. Chenodeoxycholic acid significantly impacts the expression of miRNAs and genes involved in lipid, bile acid and drug metabolism in human hepatocytes. Life Sci. 2016;156:47-56 pubmed publisher..Bile acids significantly modulate metabolic and drug associated gene networks that are connected to distinct shifts in the microRNAome These findings give novel insights on how BA enfold metabolic and system toxic effects. ..
- Victor A, Odlind V, Kral J. Oral contraceptive absorption and sex hormone binding globulins in obese women: effects of jejunoileal bypass. Gastroenterol Clin North Am. 1987;16:483-91 pubmed..Thus, the use of low-dose oral contraceptives, especially low-dose gestagen-only mini-pills, is not recommended for women who have undergone jejunoileal bypass given the risk of contraceptive failure. ..
- Volgsten H, Svanberg A, Olsson P. Unresolved grief in women and men in Sweden three years after undergoing unsuccessful in vitro fertilization treatment. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2010;89:1290-7 pubmed publisher..Support and counseling concerning grief reactions following IVF failure, and a structured final consultation after IVF may facilitate the grieving process after undergoing unsuccessful IVF treatment. ..
- Dreborg S, Lee T, Kay A, Durham S. Immunotherapy is allergen-specific: a double-blind trial of mite or timothy extract in mite and grass dual-allergic patients. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2012;158:63-70 pubmed publisher..015), as was that of allergen-specific IgG (p < 0.0001). Allergen immunotherapy is allergen species-specific, as judged by decreased conjunctival sensitivity and changes in allergen-specific IgG concentrations. ..
- Smits A, Jin Z, Elsir T, Pedder H, Nister M, Alafuzoff I, et al. GABA-A channel subunit expression in human glioma correlates with tumor histology and clinical outcome. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37041 pubmed publisher..Our data give support for the presence of distinct GABA-A channel subtypes in gliomas and provide the first link between specific composition of the A-channel and patient survival. ..