Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adolescent in Uppsala, Sweden
Locale: Uppsala, Sweden
Publications212 found, 100 shown here
- Sohel N, Persson L, Rahman M, Streatfield P, Yunus M, Ekström E, et al. Arsenic in drinking water and adult mortality: a population-based cohort study in rural Bangladesh. Epidemiology. 2009;20:824-30 pubmed publisher..96-1.40]), and infectious diseases (1.30 [1.13-1.49]). We observed clear dose-response relationships for each of these causes. Arsenic exposure through drinking water has generated excess adult mortality after 20-30 years of exposure. ..
- Gottvall M, Tyden T, Höglund A, Larsson M. Knowledge of human papillomavirus among high school students can be increased by an educational intervention. Int J STD AIDS. 2010;21:558-62 pubmed publisher..05). In conclusion, a short school-based intervention can greatly increase the students' knowledge about HPV, but attitudes and behaviours are less easy to influence. ..
- Olsson J, Kimland E, Pettersson S, Odlind V. Paediatric drug use with focus on off-label prescriptions in Swedish outpatient care--a nationwide study. Acta Paediatr. 2011;100:1272-5 pubmed publisher..Topically administered drugs, sex hormones, antidepressants, hypnotics, cardiovascular drugs and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs were commonly prescribed off-label. ..
- Pokladnikova J, Meyboom R, Meincke R, Niedrig D, Russmann S. Allergy-Like Immediate Reactions with Herbal Medicines: A Retrospective Study Using Data from VigiBaseÂ®. Drug Saf. 2016;39:455-64 pubmed publisher..Studies using the VigibaseÂ® database can identify specific combinations of particular herbs and adverse reactions. Healthcare professionals and patients should be aware of these risks and report any serious adverse experiences. ..
- Popa R, Anniko M, Arnold W, Oestreicher E. Alpha and beta subunits of acetylcholine receptors in the human inner ear. Acta Otolaryngol. 2000;120:484-9 pubmed..Both alpha and beta subunits were identified on spiral ganglion cells, adjacent nerve fibres and in vestibular hair cells (HCs). It would appear that they form an active complex in n-ACh-r at these locations. ..
- Malinovschi A, Alving K, Kalm Stephens P, Janson C, Nordvall L. Increased exhaled nitric oxide predicts new-onset rhinitis and persistent rhinitis in adolescents without allergic symptoms. Clin Exp Allergy. 2012;42:433-40 pubmed publisher..Thus, it appears that elevation of exhaled NO precedes airway symptoms and predicts development of rhinitis in subjects without allergic symptoms or family history of allergic disease. ..
- Osterlund A, Engstrand L. An intracellular sanctuary for Streptococcus pyogenes in human tonsillar epithelium--studies of asymptomatic carriers and in vitro cultured biopsies. Acta Otolaryngol. 1997;117:883-8 pubmed..Our findings support the hypothesis that the sanctuary where S. pyogenes avoids antibacterial treatment is intracellular, which may provide a possible explanation of recurrent tonsillitis. ..
- Pixberg C, Koch R, Eich H, Martinsson U, Kristensen I, Matuschek C, et al. Acute Toxicity Grade 3 and 4 After Irradiation in Children and Adolescents: Results From the IPPARCA Collaboration. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2016;94:792-9 pubmed publisher..The occurrence of chronic toxicity correlates with the prior acute toxicity grade. Age seems to influence the time until maximal late toxicity but not the development of acute toxicity. ..
- Gepertz S, Neveus T. Imipramine for therapy resistant enuresis: a retrospective evaluation. J Urol. 2004;171:2607-10; discussion 2609-10 pubmed..Imipramine is a useful treatment for enuresis when everything else has failed, especially among older children. Factors related to detrusor function provide prognostic information. ..
- Tängdén T, Cars O, Melhus A, Löwdin E. Foreign travel is a major risk factor for colonization with Escherichia coli producing CTX-M-type extended-spectrum beta-lactamases: a prospective study with Swedish volunteers. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:3564-8 pubmed publisher..Considering the high acquisition rate of 24%, it is obvious that global efforts are needed to meet the emergence and spread of CTX-M enzymes and other antimicrobial resistances. ..
- Bjelkmar P, Hansen A, Schönning C, Bergstrom J, Löfdahl M, Lebbad M, et al. Early outbreak detection by linking health advice line calls to water distribution areas retrospectively demonstrated in a large waterborne outbreak of cryptosporidiosis in Sweden. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:328 pubmed publisher..We conclude that an earlier detection of the outbreak by linking calls to a health advice line to water distribution areas could have limited the outbreak substantially. ..
- Mortimer O, Wiholm B. Oesophageal injury associated with pivmecillinam tablets. Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 1989;37:605-7 pubmed..Further galenical development of the tablets and better patient information should reduce the number of patients injured. ..
- Råssjö E, Kambugu F, Tumwesigye M, Tenywa T, Darj E. Prevalence of sexually transmitted infections among adolescents in Kampala, Uganda, and theoretical models for improving syndromic management. J Adolesc Health. 2006;38:213-21 pubmed..6%/47% and 17.3%, respectively (p = .012). An algorithm for management of STI using behavioral and demographic factors in this population demonstrated enhanced sensitivity, specificity, and PPV. ..
- Mi Y, Norback D, Tao J, Mi Y, Ferm M. Current asthma and respiratory symptoms among pupils in Shanghai, China: influence of building ventilation, nitrogen dioxide, ozone, and formaldehyde in classrooms. Indoor Air. 2006;16:454-64 pubmed..Building dampness and indoor mold growth should be avoided, and the concept of mechanical ventilation should be introduced. City planning aiming to situate new schools away from roads with heavy traffic should be considered. ..
- Milani L, Lundmark A, Nordlund J, Kiialainen A, Flaegstad T, Jonmundsson G, et al. Allele-specific gene expression patterns in primary leukemic cells reveal regulation of gene expression by CpG site methylation. Genome Res. 2009;19:1-11 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that CpG site methylation is one of the factors that regulates gene expression in ALL cells. ..
- Blomberg H, Svennblad B, Michaelsson K, Byberg L, Johansson J, Gedeborg R. Prehospital trauma life support training of ambulance caregivers and the outcomes of traffic-injury victims in Sweden. J Am Coll Surg. 2013;217:1010-9.e1-2 pubmed publisher..98; 95% CI, 0.92-1.05). In this observational study, the implementation of PHTLS training did not appear to be associated with reduced mortality or ability to return to work after motor-vehicle traffic injuries. ..
- Stenberg A, LAckgren G. A new bioimplant for the endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux: experimental and short-term clinical results. J Urol. 1995;154:800-3 pubmed..We conclude that the Deflux system may represent a new, safe, simple alternative to endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux in children. ..
- Granberg D, Wilander E, Oberg K, Skogseid B. Prognostic markers in patients with typical bronchial carcinoid tumors. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:3425-30 pubmed..Moreover, CD44, nm23, and Ki-67 may give valuable prognostic information and help identify the patients at risk of disease-related death. ..
- Henriques T, Olerud C, Bergman A, Jonsson H. Distractive flexion injuries of the subaxial cervical spine treated with anterior plate alone. J Spinal Disord Tech. 2004;17:1-7 pubmed..We believe these findings substantiate the use of anterior plate alone for DF injuries at stage 1 and 2 but disqualify anterior plate fixation alone for DF injuries at stage 3, with neurologic injury present. ..
- Mohamed N, Elfaitouri A, Fohlman J, Friman G, Blomberg J. A sensitive and quantitative single-tube real-time reverse transcriptase-PCR for detection of enteroviral RNA. J Clin Virol. 2004;30:150-6 pubmed..The QPCR method allows a large number of samples to be screened rapidly. Its sensitivity, simplicity, and reproducibility make it a suitable tool for the routine laboratory. ..
- Berg T, Jonsson L, Engstrom M. Agreement between the Sunnybrook, House-Brackmann, and Yanagihara facial nerve grading systems in Bell's palsy. Otol Neurotol. 2004;25:1020-6 pubmed..Sunnybrook grading is easy and quick. By adding objective measurements and additional secondary defects, the Sunnybrook system can be an alternative to the other predominating grading systems. ..
- Damberg M, Westberg L, Berggard C, Landen M, Sundblad C, Eriksson O, et al. Investigation of transcription factor AP-2 beta genotype in women with premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Neurosci Lett. 2005;377:49-52 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first study investigating transcription factor AP-2beta genotype in women with PMDD. Hence, these results should be considered preliminary until replicated. ..
- Smedje H, Schwan S, Hallberg E, Hallberg P. Onset of Kleine-Levin Syndrome in association with isotretinoin treatment. Acta Paediatr. 2010;99:946-8 pubmed publisher..We also discuss the biological potential of retinoids to affect sleep...
- Bjorkman S, Blanchette V, Fischer K, Oh M, Spotts G, Schroth P, et al. Comparative pharmacokinetics of plasma- and albumin-free recombinant factor VIII in children and adults: the influence of blood sampling schedule on observed age-related differences and implications for dose tailoring. J Thromb Haemost. 2010;8:730-6 pubmed publisher..Low intrapatient variability supports the use of PK measurements for dose tailoring of FVIII. ..
- Ryttlefors M, Enblad P, Ronne Engstrom E, Persson L, Ilodigwe D, MacDonald R. Patient age and vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2010;67:911-7 pubmed publisher..Age does not seem to be a significant predictor for cerebral vasospasm after subarachnoid hemorrhage. ..
- Jüris L, Andersson G, Larsen H, Ekselius L. Psychiatric comorbidity and personality traits in patients with hyperacusis. Int J Audiol. 2013;52:230-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, psychiatric morbidity and personality traits were investigated, along with different sociodemographic and clinical characteristics...
- Svensson E, Aweeka F, Park J, Marzan F, Dooley K, Karlsson M. Model-based estimates of the effects of efavirenz on bedaquiline pharmacokinetics and suggested dose adjustments for patients coinfected with HIV and tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:2780-7 pubmed publisher..However, exposure to M3 would increase. Evaluation in clinical trials of adjusted regimens is necessary to ensure appropriate dosing for HIV-infected TB patients on an EFV-based regimen. ..
- McKeown N, Marklund M, Ma J, Ross A, Lichtenstein A, Livingston K, et al. Comparison of plasma alkylresorcinols (AR) and urinary AR metabolites as biomarkers of compliance in a short-term, whole-grain intervention study. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:1235-44 pubmed publisher..0 vs. 86.9 nmol/L), but this difference was not significant (P = 0.42). The results suggest that urinary AR metabolites from 24-h urine collections may be useful as biomarkers of compliance in intervention studies of WG wheat. ..
- Reilly N, Lebwohl B, Mollazadegan K, MichaÃ«lsson K, Green P, Ludvigsson J. Celiac Disease Does Not Influence Fracture Risk in Young Patients with Type 1 Diabetes. J Pediatr. 2016;169:49-54 pubmed publisher..Having a diagnosis of CD does not seem to influence fracture risk in young patients with T1D. Follow-up in this study was, however, too short to ascertain osteoporotic fractures which traditionally occur in old age. ..
- Ehrstedt C, Kristiansen I, Ahlsten G, Casar Borota O, Dahl M, Libard S, et al. Clinical characteristics and late effects in CNS tumours of childhood: Do not forget long term follow-up of the low grade tumours. Eur J Paediatr Neurol. 2016;20:580-7 pubmed publisher..Late effects are common in long-term survivors of CNS tumours in childhood. Low-grade astrocytoma and glioneuronal tumours are no exception, and the findings support the need for long-term follow up. ..
- Assadian F, Kamel W, Laurell G, Svensson C, Punga T, Akusjarvi G. Expression profile of Epstein-Barr virus and human adenovirus small RNAs in tonsillar B and T lymphocytes. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177275 pubmed publisher..The small RNA profile further showed that the 5´ mivaRNA from VA RNAI and the 3´ mivaRNA from VA RNAII were as predicted, whereas the 3´ mivaRNA from VA RNAI showed an aberrant processing upstream of the expected Dicer cleavage site. ..
- Söderbergh A, Rorsman F, Halonen M, Ekwall O, Björses P, Kämpe O, et al. Autoantibodies against aromatic L-amino acid decarboxylase identifies a subgroup of patients with Addison's disease. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000;85:460-3 pubmed..Measurement of autoantibodies against AADC should be included in the evaluation of Addison's disease. ..
- Fjällskog M, Granberg D, Welin S, Eriksson C, Oberg K, Janson E, et al. Treatment with cisplatin and etoposide in patients with neuroendocrine tumors. Cancer. 2001;92:1101-7 pubmed..The toxicity is considerable, and nephrotoxicity is the dose limiting factor. ..
- Oberg K, Fugl Meyer A, Fugl Meyer K. On categorization and quantification of women's sexual dysfunctions: an epidemiological approach. Int J Impot Res. 2004;16:261-9 pubmed..Hence, it is a matter of taste whether to use the A or the B category. Together, they can explain the gross level of satisfaction with sexual life to an adequate extent...
- Larsson A, Flodin M, Hansson L, Carlsson L. Patient selection has a strong impact on cystatin C and Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) estimated glomerular filtration rate. Clin Biochem. 2008;41:1355-61 pubmed publisher..The comparisons show that differences in patient selections have a strong impact on the agreement between cystatin C and MDRD estimated glomerular filtration rate. ..
- Bergqvist D, Bjorck M. Secondary arterioenteric fistulation--a systematic literature analysis. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2009;37:31-42 pubmed publisher..The best therapeutic option seems to be axillobifemoral revascularization and subsequent graft removal, which however, requires haemodynamically stable patients. Endovascular repair may serve as a bridge to open surgery. ..
- Papadopoulos F, Ekbom A, Brandt L, Ekselius L. Excess mortality, causes of death and prognostic factors in anorexia nervosa. Br J Psychiatry. 2009;194:10-7 pubmed publisher..Anorexia nervosa is characterised by high lifetime mortality from both natural and unnatural causes. Assessment and treatment of psychiatric comorbidity, especially alcohol misuse, may be a pathway to better long-term outcome. ..
- Ardesjö B, Portela Gomes G, Rorsman F, Grimelius L, Ekwall O. Identification of a novel staining pattern of bile duct epithelial cells in primary sclerosing cholangitis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2010;16:305-11 pubmed publisher..Previously unpublished, specific, and strong autoantibodies against epithelial cells of the bile duct in PSC sera were identified. Furthermore, PDZK1 is suggested as a potential new autoantigen. ..
- Englund A, Jonsson B, Zander C, Gustafsson J, Anneren G. Changes in mortality and causes of death in the Swedish Down syndrome population. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:642-9 pubmed publisher..Mortality in DS, particularly infant mortality, has decreased markedly during the past decades. Median age at death is increasing and is now almost 60 years. Death from cancer is rare in DS, but death from dementia is common. ..
- Manojlović Gacić E, Skender Gazibara M, Popovic V, Soldatovic I, Boricic N, Raičević S, et al. Oncogene-Induced Senescence in Pituitary Adenomas--an Immunohistochemical Study. Endocr Pathol. 2016;27:1-11 pubmed publisher..p16 seems to have a more prominent role in the pituitary tumorigenesis than in the senescence. Recurrent growth in a subset of the pituitary adenomas is not associated with consistent changes in the senescence pattern. ..
- Norström F, Janlert U, Hammarstrom A. Is unemployment in young adulthood related to self-rated health later in life? Results from the Northern Swedish cohort. BMC Public Health. 2017;17:529 pubmed publisher..Still, our results can be used as the basis for deciding which groups should be prioritized for labor-market interventions. ..
- Eriksson B, Oberg K, Wilander E, Bengtsson A, Risberg B, Lindgren P, et al. Nuclear DNA distribution in neuroendocrine gastroenteropancreatic tumors before and during treatment. Acta Oncol. 1989;28:193-7 pubmed..A change from diploid to aneuploid records was also seen in 7/23 (30%) carcinoid tumors after treatment. The DNA patterns before and after treatment did not show any correlation with survival or treatment response. ..
- Sundbom M, Hedenström H, Gustavsson S. Duodenogastric bile reflux after gastric bypass: a cholescintigraphic study. Dig Dis Sci. 2002;47:1891-6 pubmed..In conclusion, our investigation indicates that in more than one third of the patients undergoing gastric bypass, the gastric mucosa in the excluded stomach is exposed to the potential deleterious effects of bile. ..
- Glimelius I, Edström A, Amini R, Fischer M, Nilsson G, Sundstrom C, et al. IL-9 expression contributes to the cellular composition in Hodgkin lymphoma. Eur J Haematol. 2006;76:278-83 pubmed..IL-9 expression is related to the histology, clinical picture and the presence of eosinophils and mast cells in HL. These results indicate that IL-9 is an important part of the cytokine network and inflammatory infiltrate in HL. ..
- Fransson M, Liljenfeldt L, Fagius J, Totterman T, Loskog A. The T-cell pool is anergized in patients with multiple sclerosis in remission. Immunology. 2009;126:92-101 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, patients in relapse/remission demonstrate in vitro T-cell responses that are both Th1 and Th17 that, while in remission, appear to be controlled by tolerogenic mechanisms yet to be investigated. ..
- Dahlbom I, Korponay Szabo I, Kovács J, Szalai Z, Maki M, Hansson T. Prediction of clinical and mucosal severity of coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis by quantification of IgA/IgG serum antibodies to tissue transglutaminase. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2010;50:140-6 pubmed publisher..The combined measurement of IgA-TGA and IgG-TGA enables a noninvasive prediction of small intestinal villous atrophy with high accuracy, and may reduce the need for a biopsy in patients with suspected CD. ..
- af Wåhlberg A. Social desirability effects in driver behavior inventories. J Safety Res. 2010;41:99-106 pubmed publisher..The use of self-reported independent and dependent variables can lead to directly misleading results, with negative effects on traffic safety. ..
- Heijkenskjöld Rentzhog C, Alving K, Kalm Stephens P, Lundberg J, Nordvall L, Malinovschi A. The fraction of NO in exhaled air and estimates of alveolar NO in adolescents with asthma: methodological aspects. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2012;47:941-9 pubmed publisher..TMAD corrections of alveolar NO could be successfully applied in young people with asthma and yielded negative results only in a minority of subjects. ..
- Höglund B, Lindgren P, Larsson M. Newborns of mothers with intellectual disability have a higher risk of perinatal death and being small for gestational age. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2012;91:1409-14 pubmed publisher..53) and perinatal death (odds ratio 4.25) in children born to mothers with ID. Unborn and newborn children of mothers with ID should be considered a risk group, and their mothers may need better individual-based care and support. ..
- TernstrÃ¶m E, Hildingsson I, Haines H, Rubertsson C. Pregnant women's thoughts when assessing fear of birth on the Fear of Birth Scale. Women Birth. 2016;29:e44-9 pubmed publisher..This supports the use of the Fear of Birth Scale in clinical settings as a starting point for further dialogue about women's fear of birth. The dialogue may identify women's need for information, treatment, and referral when necessary. ..
- Yaqob A, Danersund A, Stejskal V, Lindvall A, Hudecek R, Lindh U. Metal-specific lymphocyte reactivity is downregulated after dental metal replacement. Neuro Endocrinol Lett. 2006;27:189-97 pubmed..Replacement of incompatible dental materials resulted in down-regulation of metal-induced lymphocyte sensitivity in vitro, as well as in the improvement of health status of majority of patients with unspecific CFS-like symptoms. ..
- Höglund M, Sandin F, Hellstrom K, Bjoreman M, Bjorkholm M, Brune M, et al. Tyrosine kinase inhibitor usage, treatment outcome, and prognostic scores in CML: report from the population-based Swedish CML registry. Blood. 2013;122:1284-92 pubmed publisher..Patients living in university vs nonuniversity catchment areas more often received tyrosine kinase inhibitors up front but showed comparable survival. ..
- Salzer J, Lycke J, WickstrÃ¶m R, Naver H, Piehl F, Svenningsson A. Rituximab in paediatric onset multiple sclerosis: a case series. J Neurol. 2016;263:322-6 pubmed publisher..Nine POMS cases treated with rituximab have previously been published. They had higher disease activity pre-rituximab, but similar safety and efficacy outcomes after treatment. An RCT of rituximab in POMS is warranted. ..
- Neveus T, Hansell P, Stenberg A. Vasopressin and hypercalciuria in enuresis: a reappraisal. BJU Int. 2002;90:725-9 pubmed..e. control 12.7 (8.3-42.8) and NDE 12.1 (6.3-36.8) mL/kg/day (P = 0.008). All enuretic children with nocturnal polyuria do not have vasopressin deficiency. The urinary calcium excretion does not differ between enuretic and dry children. ..
- Wallin Lundell I, SundstrÃ¶m Poromaa I, Frans O, HelstrÃ¶m L, HÃ¶gberg U, Moby L, et al. The prevalence of posttraumatic stress among women requesting induced abortion. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2013;18:480-8 pubmed publisher..Abortion seeking women with trauma experiences and existing or preexisting mental disorders need more consideration and alertness when counselled for termination. ..
- Stenquist M, Juhlin C, Aström G, Friberg U. [A case report: anomaly of the fourth branchial pouch with recurring cervical abscesses. Cauterization with trichloroacetic acid closed the fistula opening and cured the patient]. Lakartidningen. 2003;100:1536-9 pubmed..After three treatments the fistula was closed. To date (month no. 15) there has been no abscess recurrence. TCA chemocauterization seems to be a safe first-line treatment for patients with pyriform sinus fistulas. ..
- Dalberg K, Eriksson J, Holmberg L. Birth outcome in women with previously treated breast cancer--a population-based cohort study from Sweden. PLoS Med. 2006;3:e336 pubmed
- Khoschnau S, Melhus H, Jacobson A, Rahme H, Bengtsson H, Ribom E, et al. Type I collagen alpha1 Sp1 polymorphism and the risk of cruciate ligament ruptures or shoulder dislocations. Am J Sports Med. 2008;36:2432-6 pubmed publisher..The study might encourage other investigators to consider further research in the area of genes and soft tissue injuries. ..
- Dahlstrand U, Wollert S, Nordin P, Sandblom G, Gunnarsson U. Emergency femoral hernia repair: a study based on a national register. Ann Surg. 2009;249:672-6 pubmed publisher..Femoral hernias should be operated with high priority to avoid incarceration and be repaired with a mesh. ..
- Torkzad M, Ullberg U, Nyström N, Blomqvist L, Hellström P, Fagerberg U. Manifestations of small bowel disease in pediatric Crohn's disease on magnetic resonance enterography. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:520-8 pubmed publisher..More chronic small bowel changes seen commonly in adults and solitary jejunal involvements are less commonly seen. ..
- Nylander C, Fernell E, Tindberg Y. Chronic conditions and coexisting ADHD-a complicated combination in adolescents. Eur J Pediatr. 2015;174:1209-15 pubmed publisher..In this study, we showed that ADHD was more prevalent among adolescents with different types of CCs. â€¢ CCs and coexisting ADHD were associated with few protective factors and clustered health-risk behaviors. ..
- Muntlin Athlin Ã, Carlsson M, Gunningberg L. To Receive or Not to Receive Analgesics in the Emergency Department: The Importance of the Pain Intensity Assessment and Initial Nursing Assessment. Pain Manag Nurs. 2015;16:743-50 pubmed publisher..However, more attention has to be paid to patients' experiences and their expectations regarding the pain management in the emergency department. These complex questions have to be studied further in a more systematic way. ..
- Khalifa N, von Knorring A. Prevalence of tic disorders and Tourette syndrome in a Swedish school population. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2003;45:315-9 pubmed..The prevalence of TS was higher than was previously thought but other tic disorders were more common in this childhood population. ..
- Johansson G, Andreasson E, Larsson P, Vogelmeier C. Cost effectiveness of budesonide/formoterol for maintenance and reliever therapy versus salmeterol/fluticasone plus salbutamol in the treatment of asthma. Pharmacoeconomics. 2006;24:695-708 pubmed..SMART provided a reduction in the number of severe exacerbations per patient per year, at no statistically significant increase in cost - or even at a lower cost - compared with SFC plus as-needed reliever salbutamol. ..
- Crona J, Delgado Verdugo A, Maharjan R, Stalberg P, Granberg D, Hellman P, et al. Somatic mutations in H-RAS in sporadic pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma identified by exome sequencing. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2013;98:E1266-71 pubmed publisher..Mutations in RAS subtypes H, K, and N are common in human cancers; however, previous studies have been inconsistent regarding the mutational status of RAS in PCC and PGL...
- Akerblom H, Holmstrom G, Eriksson U, Larsson E. Retinal nerve fibre layer thickness in school-aged prematurely-born children compared to children born at term. Br J Ophthalmol. 2012;96:956-60 pubmed publisher..Prematurely-born children with low BW had a thinner RNFL, suggesting a negative effect of low birth weight on neural development. ..
- Palle J, Frost B, Forestier E, Gustafsson G, Nygren P, Hellebostad M, et al. Cellular drug sensitivity in MLL-rearranged childhood acute leukaemia is correlated to partner genes and cell lineage. Br J Haematol. 2005;129:189-98 pubmed..The present study supports the strategy of contemporary protocols to include high-dose cytarabine in the treatment of 11q23-positive patients both in AML and ALL. ..
- Wargelius H, Malmberg K, Larsson J, Oreland L. Associations of MAOA-VNTR or 5HTT-LPR alleles with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms are moderated by platelet monoamine oxidase B activity. Psychiatr Genet. 2012;22:42-5 pubmed publisher..001 and 0.01, respectively). This re-examination of ADHD scores in a nonclinical sample suggests that effects of MAOA-VNTR and 5HTT-LPR are moderated by platelet MAOB activity. ..
- Grandahl M, Larsson M, Tyden T, Stenhammar C. School nurses' attitudes towards and experiences of the Swedish school-based HPV vaccination programme - A repeated cross sectional study. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175883 pubmed publisher..Thus, it is essential to provide ongoing education and training for school nurses who are key healthcare professionals for providing information about HPV and HPV vaccination to parents and to pupils. ..
- Bergqvist D, Parsson H, Sherif A. Arterio-ureteral fistula--a systematic review. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2001;22:191-6 pubmed..Arterio-ureteral fistula is rare and should be suspected in patients with complicated pelvic surgery and massive haematuria, especially where rigid ureteral stents have been placed. ..
- Oreland L, Nilsson K, Damberg M, Hallman J. Monoamine oxidases: activities, genotypes and the shaping of behaviour. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2007;114:817-22 pubmed..In girls, instead, homozygosity for the high activity MAO-A allele interacted with environment to predict criminality. Possible mechanisms underlying the role of monoamine oxidases for behaviour are discussed. ..
- Larsson E, Nuija E, Alm A. The optic nerve head assessed with HRT in 5-16-year-old normal children: normal values, repeatability and interocular difference. Acta Ophthalmol. 2011;89:755-8 pubmed publisher..Because the assessment of rim area varied the least, it may be the parameter to use for follow-up. The normal large interocular difference should be taken into account when comparing eyes in the individual child. ..
- Ek W, Hedman Ã, Enroth S, Morris A, Lindgren C, Mahajan A, et al. Genome-wide DNA methylation study identifies genes associated with the cardiovascular biomarker GDF-15. Hum Mol Genet. 2016;25:817-27 pubmed publisher..However, there might be interactions between GDF-15 levels and methylation in other tissues not addressed in this study. These results provide novel links between GDF-15 and cardiovascular disease. ..
- Sarmadi R, Gabre P, Gahnberg L. Strategies for caries risk assessment in children and adolescents at public dental clinics in a Swedish county. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2009;19:135-40 pubmed publisher..In children with no experience of caries, knowledge of other risk factors/indicators needs to be available to perform a caries risk assessment. In this study, documentation of such knowledge was strongly limited. ..
- Star K, Iessa N, Almandil N, Wilton L, Curran S, Edwards I, et al. Rhabdomyolysis reported for children and adolescents treated with antipsychotic medicines: a case series analysis. J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2012;22:440-51 pubmed publisher..We also critically reviewed individual case safety reports (ICSRs) of suspected ADRs to evaluate how clinically useful they can be in a case series analysis...
- Wadelius M, Stjernberg E, Wiholm B, Rane A. Polymorphisms of NAT2 in relation to sulphasalazine-induced agranulocytosis. Pharmacogenetics. 2000;10:35-41 pubmed..Instead, selection bias was suspected since more slow acetylators may have discontinued sulphasalazine therapy because of drug-intolerance. ..
- Melin M, Carlsson B, Anckarsater H, Rastam M, Betancur C, Isaksson A, et al. Constitutional downregulation of SEMA5A expression in autism. Neuropsychobiology. 2006;54:64-9 pubmed..Epstein-Barr virus should be considered as a possible source for altered expression, but our consistent results make us suggest SEMA5A as a candidate gene in the etiology of idiopathic autism. ..
- Brooks S, O Daly O, Uher R, Friederich H, Giampietro V, Brammer M, et al. Thinking about eating food activates visual cortex with reduced bilateral cerebellar activation in females with anorexia nervosa: an fMRI study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34000 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to explicitly test how thinking about eating activates restraint cognitions, specifically in those with restricting vs. binge-purging AN subtypes. ..
- Swartling C, Färnstrand C, Abt G, Stalberg E, Naver H. Side-effects of intradermal injections of botulinum A toxin in the treatment of palmar hyperhidrosis: a neurophysiological study. Eur J Neurol. 2001;8:451-6 pubmed..With regard to the present results, one should be careful in using higher doses of Botox than 0.8 mU/cm(2) in the palmar skin above intrinsic muscles. No influence on thin-fibre function was seen. ..
- Seabroke S, Candore G, Juhlin K, Quarcoo N, Wisniewski A, Arani R, et al. Performance of Stratified and Subgrouped Disproportionality Analyses in Spontaneous Databases. Drug Saf. 2016;39:355-64 pubmed publisher..Subgroup analyses are also clearly beneficial over crude analyses for larger databases, but further validation is required for smaller databases. ..
- Wellander L, Wells M, Feldman I. Does Prevention Pay? Costs and Potential Cost-savings of School Interventions Targeting Children with Mental Health Problems. J Ment Health Policy Econ. 2016;19:91-101 pubmed
- Movérare R, Westritschnig K, Svensson M, Hayek B, Bende M, Pauli G, et al. Different IgE reactivity profiles in birch pollen-sensitive patients from six European populations revealed by recombinant allergens: an imprint of local sensitization. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2002;128:325-35 pubmed..This observation may be explained by sensitization to different allergen sources and will have an impact on allergen-specific prevention and therapy strategies. ..
- Ostrowska Dahlgren B, Allen M, Lindström A, Bjerke M, Blomstrom Lundqvist C. A novel variant in plakophilin-2 gene detected in a family with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2012;34:11-8 pubmed publisher..While many of the reported ARVC mutations are truncating mutations, the possibly damaging variant found in this family, is a missense alteration affecting a highly conserved residue 506 located in exon 7. ..
- Söderberg M, Haslemo T, Molden E, Dahl M. Influence of FMO1 and 3 polymorphisms on serum olanzapine and its N-oxide metabolite in psychiatric patients. Pharmacogenomics J. 2013;13:544-50 pubmed publisher..003). Our data support the role of FMO3 in the N-oxidation of OLA and implicate for the first time the contribution of FMO1 and its functional *6 variant in OLA disposition. ..
- Neveus T, Stenberg A, LAckgren G, Tuvemo T, Hetta J. Sleep of children with enuresis: a polysomnographic study. Pediatrics. 1999;103:1193-7 pubmed..09). The enuretic event is a predominantly non-rapid eye movement sleep phenomenon. Responders and nonresponders to desmopressin treatment void during different parts of the night. ..
- Malinovschi A, Fonseca J, Jacinto T, Alving K, Janson C. Exhaled nitric oxide levels and blood eosinophil counts independently associate with wheeze and asthma events in National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey subjects. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013;132:821-7.e1-5 pubmed publisher..The clinical importance of these findings in asthmatic patients with regard to phenotyping and individualized treatment, considering both local and systemic eosinophilic inflammation, needs to be determined. ..