Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on time factors in Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Locale: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Topic: time factors
- Amézqueta S, González Peñas E, Lizarraga T, Murillo Arbizu M, Lopez de Cerain A. A simple chemical method reduces ochratoxin A in contaminated cocoa shells. J Food Prot. 2008;71:1422-6 pubmed..From the point of view of human health, the use of potassium carbonate, partially eliminated by rinsing the sample with water, does not likely represent a risk for human health. ..
- Pinna A, Bonaventura J, Farré D, Sanchez M, Simola N, Mallol J, et al. L-DOPA disrupts adenosine A(2A)-cannabinoid CB(1)-dopamine D(2) receptor heteromer cross-talk in the striatum of hemiparkinsonian rats: biochemical and behavioral studies. Exp Neurol. 2014;253:180-91 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, the radioligand binding results in samples from lesioned animals suggest that the heteromer is lost following acute or chronic treatment with L-DOPA...
- Zorraquino M, Althaus R, Roca M, Molina M. Heat treatment effects on the antimicrobial activity of macrolide and lincosamide antibiotics in milk. J Food Prot. 2011;74:311-5 pubmed publisher..The lowest loss or lowest reduction of antimicrobial activity (21% erythromycin and 13% spiramycin) was obtained by treatment at 60 °C for 30 min. ..
- Cruchaga S, Artola E, Lasa B, Ariz I, Irigoyen I, Moran J, et al. Short term physiological implications of NBPT application on the N metabolism of Pisum sativum and Spinacea oleracea. J Plant Physiol. 2011;168:329-36 pubmed publisher..In contrast, NBPT was absorbed to a much lesser degree by spinach plants than pea plants (35% less) and did not produce a clear inhibition of urease activity in this species. ..
- Sadaba J, Urso S. Does the introduction of duty-hour restriction in the United States negatively affect the operative volume of surgical trainees?. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011;13:316-9 pubmed publisher..Changes in the residents' working patterns, such as 'night float' and 'leave early' models, may be useful to preserve exposure to surgical procedures. ..
- Zabaleta V, Ponchel G, Salman H, Agüeros M, Vauthier C, Irache J. Oral administration of paclitaxel with pegylated poly(anhydride) nanoparticles: permeability and pharmacokinetic study. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2012;81:514-23 pubmed publisher..All of these observations would be related with both the bioadhesive properties of these carriers and the inhibitory effect of PEG on the activity of both P-gp and P450 cytochrome...
- Orbe J, Zudaire M, Serrano R, Coma Canella I, Martínez de Sizarrondo S, Rodriguez J, et al. Increased thrombin generation after acute versus chronic coronary disease as assessed by the thrombin generation test. Thromb Haemost. 2008;99:382-7 pubmed publisher..The thrombin generation test may be of clinical value to monitor hypercoagulable/vulnerable blood and/or guide therapy in CAD. ..
- Durá Travé T, Yoldi Petri M, Gallinas Victoriano F, Zardoya Santos P. Effects of osmotic-release methylphenidate on height and weight in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) following up to four years of treatment. J Child Neurol. 2012;27:604-9 pubmed publisher..83 cm (at 48 months of treatment). The relationship between nutritional status and the negative effects on the height curve in those patients would require nutritional optimization to return anthropometric variables to normal. ..
- Rodriguez J, Sobrino T, Orbe J, Purroy A, Martinez Vila E, Castillo J, et al. proMetalloproteinase-10 is associated with brain damage and clinical outcome in acute ischemic stroke. J Thromb Haemost. 2013;11:1464-73 pubmed publisher..MMP-9, however, was only associated with HT and severe edema (all P < 0.05). Increased serum proMMP-10 after acute ischemic stroke, associated with TNF?, is a new marker of brain damage and poor outcome. ..
- CastaÃ±Ã³n E, Soltermann A, LÃ³pez I, RomÃ¡n M, Ecay M, Collantes M, et al. The inhibitor of differentiation-1 (Id1) enables lung cancer liver colonization through activation of an EMT program in tumor cells and establishment of the pre-metastatic niche. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:43-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Id1 enables both LLC and the host microenvironment for an effective liver colonization, and may represent a novel therapeutic target to avoid NSCLC liver metastasis. ..
- Martinez Aguilar E, Orbe J, Fernández Montero A, Fernández Alonso S, Rodriguez J, Fernández Alonso L, et al. Reduced high-density lipoprotein cholesterol: A valuable, independent prognostic marker in peripheral arterial disease. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:1527-1533.e1 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the usefulness of this simple test for early identification of PAD patients at high risk for development of major CV events. ..
- Vicent S, Garayoa M, Lopez Picazo J, Lozano M, Toledo G, Thunnissen F, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 is overexpressed in non-small cell lung cancer and is an independent predictor of outcome in patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3639-49 pubmed..Finally, our study supports the search of new molecular targets for lung cancer therapy within the MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Inarrairaegui M, Thurston K, Bilbao J, D Avola D, Rodriguez M, Arbizu J, et al. Radioembolization with use of yttrium-90 resin microspheres in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and portal vein thrombosis. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2010;21:1205-12 pubmed publisher..This retrospective analysis was undertaken to assess the safety and clinical benefits of radioembolization with (90)Y resin microspheres in HCC with branch or main PVT...
- Diaz R, Nguewa P, Parrondo R, Perez Stable C, Manrique I, Redrado M, et al. Antitumor and antiangiogenic effect of the dual EGFR and HER-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor lapatinib in a lung cancer model. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:188 pubmed publisher..In addition, tumors from lapatinib-treated mice showed a dramatic reduction in angiogenesis (P < 0.0001). Overall, these data suggest that lapatinib may be a clinically useful agent for the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Pérez Echarri N, Perez Matute P, Martinez J, Marti A, Moreno Aliaga M. Serum and gene expression levels of leptin and adiponectin in rats susceptible or resistant to diet-induced obesity. J Physiol Biochem. 2005;61:333-42 pubmed..However, neither changes in leptin or adiponectin seem to be involved in the adaptive mechanisms that confer resistance to high fat intake. ..
- Ravassa S, Garcia Bolao I, Zudaire A, Macias A, Gavira J, Beaumont J, et al. Cardiac resynchronization therapy-induced left ventricular reverse remodelling is associated with reduced plasma annexin A5. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;88:304-13 pubmed publisher..The excess of AnxA5 is detrimental for HL-1 cardiomyocytes. Collectively, these data suggest that the beneficial effects of CRT might be related to an AnxA5 decrease. ..
- Garcia Fernandez N, Echeverria A, Sanchez Ibarrola A, Páramo J, Coma Canella I. Randomized clinical trial on acute effects of i.v. iron sucrose during haemodialysis. Nephrology (Carlton). 2010;15:178-83 pubmed publisher..Haemodialysis caused a significant increase in oxidative stress, inflammation and endothelial dysfunction markers. ..
- Redondo P, Bastarrika G, Sierra A, Martinez Cuesta A, Cabrera J. Efficacy and safety of microfoam sclerotherapy in a patient with Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome and a patent foramen ovale. Arch Dermatol. 2009;145:1147-51 pubmed publisher..Although foam-induced microembolism is a common phenomenon during sclerotherapy, in this report we demonstrate that polidocanol microfoam prepared with a low-nitrogen gas mixture is safe in a patient with a patent foramen ovale. ..
- Gómez Ruiz A, De Miguel C, Campion J, Martinez J, Milagro F. Time-dependent regulation of muscle caveolin activation and insulin signalling in response to high-fat diet. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:3259-64 pubmed publisher..Late chronic phase signalling through both proteins was impaired inducing a prediabetic state. Summarizing, caveolins seem to mediate a time-dependent regulation of insulin cascade in response to high-fat diet in muscle. ..
- Simón A, de Maturana R, Ricobaraza A, Escribano L, Schiapparelli L, Cuadrado Tejedor M, et al. Early changes in hippocampal Eph receptors precede the onset of memory decline in mouse models of Alzheimer's disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2009;17:773-86 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that alterations in Eph receptors may play a role in synaptic dysfunction in the hippocampus leading to cognitive impairment in a model of AD. ..
- De Angelis R, Sant M, Coleman M, Francisci S, Baili P, Pierannunzio D, et al. Cancer survival in Europe 1999-2007 by country and age: results of EUROCARE--5-a population-based study. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:23-34 pubmed publisher..Major changes in cancer diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation occurred in the early 2000s. EUROCARE-5 assesses their effect on cancer survival in 29 European countries...
- Nieto M, Gil Bea F, Dalfo E, Cuadrado M, Cabodevilla F, Sanchez B, et al. Increased sensitivity to MPTP in human alpha-synuclein A30P transgenic mice. Neurobiol Aging. 2006;27:848-56 pubmed..Thus, the results of this study demonstrate a role for the overexpression of mutant human alpha-synuclein A30P in increased vulnerability of DA neurons to MPTP. ..
- Berraondo P, Ochoa L, Crettaz J, Rotellar F, Vales A, Martinez Ansó E, et al. IFN-alpha gene therapy for woodchuck hepatitis with adeno-associated virus: differences in duration of gene expression and antiviral activity using intraportal or intramuscular routes. Mol Ther. 2005;12:68-76 pubmed..On the other hand, IFN-alpha gene delivery to the liver using an AAV vector induces a significant but transient antiviral effect in the woodchuck model...
- Xiang J, Sun H, Su L, Liu L, Shan J, Shen J, et al. Myocyte enhancer factor 2D promotes colorectal cancer angiogenesis downstream of hypoxia-inducible factor 1Î±. Cancer Lett. 2017;400:117-126 pubmed publisher..HIF-1Î± transactivates MEF2D expression by binding to the MEF2D gene promoter. These results demonstrate that the HIF-1Î±/MEF2D axis can serve as a therapeutic target for the treatment of CRC. ..
- Tordera R, Garcia García A, Elizalde N, Segura V, Aso E, Venzala E, et al. Chronic stress and impaired glutamate function elicit a depressive-like phenotype and common changes in gene expression in the mouse frontal cortex. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2011;21:23-32 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these genes could form part of the altered "molecular context" underlying depressive-like behaviour in animal models. The clinical relevance of these findings is discussed. ..
- Fresán U, Gea A, Bes Rastrollo M, Basterra Gortari F, Carlos S, Martinez Gonzalez M. Substitution of water or fresh juice for bottled juice and type 2 diabetes incidence: The SUN cohort study. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2017;27:874-880 pubmed publisher..Thus, these substitutions could be useful to tackle the diabetes epidemic. ..
- Fernández Grande E, Valera Rodriguez C, Sáenz Mateos L, Sastre Gómez A, García Chico P, Palomino Muñoz T. Impact of reference change value (RCV) based autoverification on turnaround time and physician satisfaction. Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2017;27:342-349 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study was to assess how the RCV based autoverification reflected on turnaround time (TAT) and on physician satisfaction...
- Margareto J, Marti A, Martinez J. Modification of RXRalpha expression according to the duration of a cafeteria diet. J Physiol Biochem. 2001;57:347-8 pubmed
- Bidard F, Peeters D, Fehm T, Nole F, Gisbert Criado R, Mavroudis D, et al. Clinical validity of circulating tumour cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a pooled analysis of individual patient data. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:406-14 pubmed publisher..We aimed to assess the clinical validity of circulating tumour cell (CTC) quantification for prognostication of patients with metastatic breast cancer by undertaking a pooled analysis of individual patient data...
- Robador P, San José G, Rodriguez C, Guadall A, Moreno M, Beaumont J, et al. HIF-1-mediated up-regulation of cardiotrophin-1 is involved in the survival response of cardiomyocytes to hypoxia. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;92:247-55 pubmed publisher..This CT-1 activation by hypoxia may protect cells from apoptosis, thus supporting a protective role for CT-1 as a survival factor for cardiomyocytes. ..
- Abajo A, Rodriguez J, Bitarte N, Zarate R, Boni V, Ponz M, et al. Dose-finding study and pharmacogenomic analysis of fixed-rate infusion of gemcitabine, irinotecan and bevacizumab in pretreated metastatic colorectal cancer patients. Br J Cancer. 2010;103:1529-35 pubmed publisher..8 vs 4.5 months, P=0.04). The triplet combination tested in this study is effective and well tolerated. A possible predictive role for VEGF gene polymorphisms and baseline VEGF circulating levels is suggested. ..
- Gomez S, Gamazo C, San Roman B, Ferrer M, Sanz M, Espuelas S, et al. Allergen immunotherapy with nanoparticles containing lipopolysaccharide from Brucella ovis. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 2008;70:711-7 pubmed publisher..These results are highly suggestive for the valuable use of Gantrez nanoparticles combined with rough LPS of B. ovis in immunotherapy...