Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on lung neoplasms in Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Locale: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Topic: lung neoplasms
- Soto E, Staab A, Freiwald M, Munzert G, Fritsch H, Döge C, et al. Prediction of neutropenia-related effects of a new combination therapy with the anticancer drugs BI 2536 (a Plk1 inhibitor) and pemetrexed. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2010;88:660-7 pubmed publisher..All analyses and simulations were performed using the population approach in NONMEM, version VI. ..
- Ceniceros L, Aristu J, CastaÃ±Ã³n E, Rolfo C, Legaspi J, Olarte A, et al. Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT) for the treatment of inoperable stage I non-small cell lung cancer patients. Clin Transl Oncol. 2016;18:259-68 pubmed publisher..According to the published evidence as well as our own experience, SBRT is a safe and feasible approach for early NSCLC. Its results may be comparable with surgery treatment. ..
- Valencia K, Martín Fernandez M, Zandueta C, Ormazábal C, Martínez Canarias S, Bandres E, et al. miR-326 associates with biochemical markers of bone turnover in lung cancer bone metastasis. Bone. 2013;52:532-9 pubmed publisher..Consistently, miR-326 and PINP demonstrated a strong correlation with tumor burden. Our findings, taken together, indicate that miR-326 could potentially serve as a novel biochemical marker for monitoring bone metastatic progression. ..
- Ajona D, Hsu Y, Corrales L, Montuenga L, Pio R. Down-regulation of human complement factor H sensitizes non-small cell lung cancer cells to complement attack and reduces in vivo tumor growth. J Immunol. 2007;178:5991-8 pubmed..This may have important consequences in the efficiency of complement-mediated immunotherapies. ..
- Zulueta J, Wisnivesky J, Henschke C, Yip R, Farooqi A, McCauley D, et al. Emphysema scores predict death from COPD and lung cancer. Chest. 2012;141:1216-1223 pubmed publisher..3-20.2; P < .0001) and from lung cancer (HR, 1.7; 95% CI, 1.1-2.5; P = .013), even when adjusted for age and smoking history. Visual assessment of emphysema on CT scan is a significant predictor of death from COPD and lung cancer. ..
- Valero M, Boán J, Rodríguez Spiteri N, Torre W, Richter J. False-positive In-111 DTPA octreotide scintigraphy resulting from lung abscess in a patient with metastatic neuroendocrine pancreatic neoplasm. Clin Nucl Med. 2006;31:20-2 pubmed
- Hernandez I, Moreno J, Zandueta C, Montuenga L, Lecanda F. Novel alternatively spliced ADAM8 isoforms contribute to the aggressive bone metastatic phenotype of lung cancer. Oncogene. 2010;29:3758-69 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism of tumor-induced osteolysis in metastatic bone colonization. ..
- Pio R, Zudaire I, Pino I, Castaño Z, Zabalegui N, Vicent S, et al. Alpha CP-4, encoded by a putative tumor suppressor gene at 3p21, but not its alternative splice variant alpha CP-4a, is underexpressed in lung cancer. Cancer Res. 2004;64:4171-9 pubmed..Finally, induction of alpha CP-4 expression reduced cell growth, in agreement with its proposed role as a tumor suppressor, and suggesting an association of this RNA-binding protein with lung carcinogenesis. ..
- Elizegi E, Pino I, Vicent S, Blanco D, Saffiotti U, Montuenga L. Hyperplasia of alveolar neuroendocrine cells in rat lung carcinogenesis by silica with selective expression of proadrenomedullin-derived peptides and amidating enzymes. Lab Invest. 2001;81:1627-38 pubmed..Significant PAMP and PAM expression was seen only in rat hyperplastic alveolar and in bronchiolar NEBs from Month 11 onwards. In E18, rat fetal lung NEBs were found to be strongly positive for PAMP and PAM. ..
- Oliemuller E, Pelaez R, Garasa S, Pajares M, Agorreta J, Pio R, et al. Phosphorylated tubulin adaptor protein CRMP-2 as prognostic marker and candidate therapeutic target for NSCLC. Int J Cancer. 2013;132:1986-95 pubmed publisher..These results pointed to CRMP-2 phosphorylation as a prognostic marker and potential new target to be explored in cancer therapy. ..
- Larzabal L, de Aberasturi A, Redrado M, Rueda P, Rodriguez M, Bodegas M, et al. TMPRSS4 regulates levels of integrin ?5 in NSCLC through miR-205 activity to promote metastasis. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:764-74 pubmed publisher..Our results will help designing new therapeutic strategies to inhibit this novel pathway in NSCLC. ..
- Valles I, Pajares M, Segura V, Guruceaga E, Gomez Roman J, Blanco D, et al. Identification of novel deregulated RNA metabolism-related genes in non-small cell lung cancer. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42086 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results support the hypothesis that changes in RNA metabolism are involved in the pathogenesis of lung cancer, and identify new potential targets for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Mari Alexandre J, Díaz Lagares A, Villalba M, Juan O, Crujeiras A, Calvo A, et al. Translating cancer epigenomics into the clinic: focus on lung cancer. Transl Res. 2017;189:76-92 pubmed publisher..We envision that epigenomics will translate into the clinical field and will have an impact on lung cancer diagnosis/prognosis and treatment. ..
- Pelaez R, Morales X, Salvo E, Garasa S, Ortiz de Solorzano C, Martinez A, et al. ?3 integrin expression is required for invadopodia-mediated ECM degradation in lung carcinoma cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181579 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide new evidence to support the use of targeted therapies against this integrin to combat the onset of metastases. ..
- Vicent S, Lopez Picazo J, Toledo G, Lozano M, Torre W, Garcia Corchón C, et al. ERK1/2 is activated in non-small-cell lung cancer and associated with advanced tumours. Br J Cancer. 2004;90:1047-52 pubmed..Our study indicates that nuclear and cytoplasmic ERK1/2 activation positively correlates with stage, T and lymph node metastases, and thus, is associated with advanced and aggressive NSCLC tumours. ..
- Castaño Z, Vergara Irigaray N, Pajares M, Montuenga L, Pio R. Expression of alpha CP-4 inhibits cell cycle progression and suppresses tumorigenicity of lung cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2008;122:1512-20 pubmed..In conclusion, expression of alpha CP-4 can inhibit proliferation and tumorigenesis of lung cancer cells, both in vivo and in vitro, by delaying the progression of the cell cycle. ..
- Ezponda T, Pajares M, Agorreta J, Echeveste J, Lopez Picazo J, Torre W, et al. The oncoprotein SF2/ASF promotes non-small cell lung cancer survival by enhancing survivin expression. Clin Cancer Res. 2010;16:4113-25 pubmed publisher..This study provides novel data on the mTORC1- and survivin-dependent mechanisms of SF2/ASF-related carcinogenic potential, and shows that SF2/ASF and survivin expression is involved in NSCLC progression. ..
- Lopez de Cerain A, Marin A, Idoate M, Tuñón M, Bello J. Carbonyl reductase and NADPH cytochrome P450 reductase activities in human tumoral versus normal tissues. Eur J Cancer. 1999;35:320-4 pubmed..Although some variation in P450R activity in tumoral versus normal tissues was found in the majority of the samples studied, no significant differences could be demonstrated. ..
- Gurpide A, Perez Gracia J, Lopez Picazo J, Moreno M, Zubieta J, Martin Algarra S, et al. Activity of gefitinib in central nervous system metastases in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: two case reports and a review of the literature. Clin Lung Cancer. 2005;7:138-40 pubmed..Responses have been most frequently observed in female patients with adenocarcinoma. Gefitinib may be an effective and well-tolerated option for selected NSCLC patients with CNS metastases...
- Larzabal L, Nguewa P, Pio R, Blanco D, Sanchez B, Rodriguez M, et al. Overexpression of TMPRSS4 in non-small cell lung cancer is associated with poor prognosis in patients with squamous histology. Br J Cancer. 2011;105:1608-14 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that TMPRSS4 has a role in the lung cancer development. The potential use of TMPRSS4 as a biomarker for lung cancer detection or as a predictor of patient's outcome warrants further investigation. ..
- de Torres J, Marin J, Casanova C, Cote C, Carrizo S, Cordoba Lanus E, et al. Lung cancer in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-- incidence and predicting factors. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2011;184:913-9 pubmed publisher..Squamous cell carcinoma is the most frequent histologic type. Knowledge of these factors may help direct efforts for early detection of lung cancer and disease management. ..
- Catena R, Luis Ravelo D, Antón I, Zandueta C, Salazar Colocho P, Larzabal L, et al. PDGFR signaling blockade in marrow stroma impairs lung cancer bone metastasis. Cancer Res. 2011;71:164-74 pubmed publisher..These results support the notion that concomitant targeting of the tumor and stromal compartment is a more effective approach for blocking bone metastasis. ..
- Valencia K, Ormazábal C, Zandueta C, Luis Ravelo D, Antón I, Pajares M, et al. Inhibition of collagen receptor discoidin domain receptor-1 (DDR1) reduces cell survival, homing, and colonization in lung cancer bone metastasis. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:969-80 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, inhibition of DDR1 crucially alters bone colonization. We suggest that DDR1 represents a novel therapeutic target involved in bone metastasis. ..
- Antón I, Molina E, Luis Ravelo D, Zandueta C, Valencia K, Ormazábal C, et al. Receptor of activated protein C promotes metastasis and correlates with clinical outcome in lung adenocarcinoma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;186:96-105 pubmed publisher..EPCR/APC is a novel target of relevance in the clinical outcome of early-stage lung cancer. ..
- Pajares M, Agorreta J, Salvo E, Behrens C, Wistuba I, Montuenga L, et al. TGFBI expression is an independent predictor of survival in adjuvant-treated lung squamous cell carcinoma patients. Br J Cancer. 2014;110:1545-51 pubmed publisher..030 and PFS: P=0.026). TGFBI may be useful for the identification of a subset of NSCLC who may benefit from adjuvant therapy. ..
- Blanco D, Vicent S, Elizegi E, Pino I, Fraga M, Esteller M, et al. Altered expression of adhesion molecules and epithelial-mesenchymal transition in silica-induced rat lung carcinogenesis. Lab Invest. 2004;84:999-1012 pubmed
- Vicent S, Garayoa M, Lopez Picazo J, Lozano M, Toledo G, Thunnissen F, et al. Mitogen-activated protein kinase phosphatase-1 is overexpressed in non-small cell lung cancer and is an independent predictor of outcome in patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:3639-49 pubmed..Finally, our study supports the search of new molecular targets for lung cancer therapy within the MAPK signaling pathway. ..
- Diaz R, Nguewa P, Parrondo R, Perez Stable C, Manrique I, Redrado M, et al. Antitumor and antiangiogenic effect of the dual EGFR and HER-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor lapatinib in a lung cancer model. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:188 pubmed publisher..In addition, tumors from lapatinib-treated mice showed a dramatic reduction in angiogenesis (P < 0.0001). Overall, these data suggest that lapatinib may be a clinically useful agent for the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Bastarrika G, Wisnivesky J, Pueyo J, Díaz L, Arraiza M, Villanueva A, et al. Low-dose volumetric computed tomography for quantification of emphysema in asymptomatic smokers participating in an early lung cancer detection trial. J Thorac Imaging. 2009;24:206-11 pubmed publisher..In this study, we assessed the reliability of low-dose volumetric CT (LDCT) for the quantification of emphysema and its correlation with spirometric indices of airway obstruction...
- Corrales L, Ajona D, Rafail S, Lasarte J, Riezu Boj J, Lambris J, et al. Anaphylatoxin C5a creates a favorable microenvironment for lung cancer progression. J Immunol. 2012;189:4674-83 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, lung cancer cells have the capacity to generate C5a, a molecule that creates a favorable tumor microenvironment for lung cancer progression. ..
- Blanco D, Vicent S, Fraga M, Fernandez Garcia I, Freire J, Lujambio A, et al. Molecular analysis of a multistep lung cancer model induced by chronic inflammation reveals epigenetic regulation of p16 and activation of the DNA damage response pathway. Neoplasia. 2007;9:840-52 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a specific molecular signature of inflammation-driven lung carcinogenesis that shares some, but not all, of the molecular landmarks of chemically induced lung cancer. ..
- Pio R, Blanco D, Pajares M, Aibar E, Durany O, Ezponda T, et al. Development of a novel splice array platform and its application in the identification of alternative splice variants in lung cancer. BMC Genomics. 2010;11:352 pubmed publisher..This methodology enables the detection of alternative splicing events in complex biological samples, providing a powerful tool to identify novel diagnostic and prognostic biomarkers for cancer and other pathologies. ..
- CastaÃ±Ã³n E, Soltermann A, LÃ³pez I, RomÃ¡n M, Ecay M, Collantes M, et al. The inhibitor of differentiation-1 (Id1) enables lung cancer liver colonization through activation of an EMT program in tumor cells and establishment of the pre-metastatic niche. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:43-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Id1 enables both LLC and the host microenvironment for an effective liver colonization, and may represent a novel therapeutic target to avoid NSCLC liver metastasis. ..