Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Locale: Pamplona, Navarre, Spain
Publications468 found, 100 shown here
- Gurpide A, Perez Gracia J, Lopez Picazo J, Moreno M, Zubieta J, Martin Algarra S, et al. Activity of gefitinib in central nervous system metastases in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer: two case reports and a review of the literature. Clin Lung Cancer. 2005;7:138-40 pubmed..Responses have been most frequently observed in female patients with adenocarcinoma. Gefitinib may be an effective and well-tolerated option for selected NSCLC patients with CNS metastases...
- López A, Alegre E, Díaz A, Mugueta C, Gonzalez A. Bimodal effect of nitric oxide in the enzymatic activity of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in human monocytic cells. Immunol Lett. 2006;106:163-71 pubmed..Considering the role of IDO in suppression, these results suggest a function in tolerance of the NOS enzymes depending on the NO production. ..
- Becerra E, Blanco G, Muiños Y, Bianciotto C. [Surgical treatment of acquired myogenic eyelid ptosis]. Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol. 2005;80:359-64 pubmed..To report the surgical outcome of aponeurosis surgery in patients with acquired myogenic eyelid ptosis and describe surgical guidelines for their correction...
- Lecaroz C, Blanco Prieto M, Burrell M, Gamazo C. Intracellular killing of Brucella melitensis in human macrophages with microsphere-encapsulated gentamicin. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006;58:549-56 pubmed..The aim of this work was to prepare and characterize particulate carriers containing gentamicin and to study their interactions with phagocytic cells and bactericidal activity against intracellular Brucella melitensis...
- Irimia P, Gallego Perez Larraya J, Martinez Vila E. Seasonal periodicity in SUNCT syndrome. Cephalalgia. 2008;28:94-6 pubmed
- Escribano L, Simón A, Pérez Mediavilla A, Salazar Colocho P, Del Rio J, Frechilla D. Rosiglitazone reverses memory decline and hippocampal glucocorticoid receptor down-regulation in an Alzheimer's disease mouse model. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:406-10 pubmed publisher..In parallel with behavioural studies, rosiglitazone also normalized GR levels in older animals. This effect may contribute to explain the attenuation of memory decline by PPARgamma activation in an AD mouse model. ..
- Palacios R, Gazave E, Goni J, Piedrafita G, Fernando O, Navarro A, et al. Allele-specific gene expression is widespread across the genome and biological processes. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4150 pubmed publisher..In summary, ASGE is a widespread mechanism in the human genome whose regulation seems to be far more complex than expected. ..
- Patino Garcia A, Zalacain M, Marrodán L, San Julian M, Sierrasesumaga L. Methotrexate in pediatric osteosarcoma: response and toxicity in relation to genetic polymorphisms and dihydrofolate reductase and reduced folate carrier 1 expression. J Pediatr. 2009;154:688-93 pubmed publisher..Altered expression of DHFR and RFC1 is a feasible mechanism by which osteosarcoma cells become resistant to methotrexate. ..
- Richter Larrea J, Robles E, Fresquet V, Beltran E, Rullan A, Agirre X, et al. Reversion of epigenetically mediated BIM silencing overcomes chemoresistance in Burkitt lymphoma. Blood. 2010;116:2531-42 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the combination of histone-deacetylase inhibitors and high-dose chemotherapy may overcome chemoresistance, achieve durable remission, and improve survival of patients with BL. ..
- Shahi M, Afzal M, Sinha S, Eberhart C, Rey J, Fan X, et al. Regulation of sonic hedgehog-GLI1 downstream target genes PTCH1, Cyclin D2, Plakoglobin, PAX6 and NKX2.2 and their epigenetic status in medulloblastoma and astrocytoma. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:614 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate different regulatory mechanisms of Shh-GLI1 signaling. These differences vary according to the downstream target gene affected, the origin of the tissue, as well as epigenetic regulation of some of these genes. ..
- Beltran E, Fresquet V, Martinez Useros J, Richter Larrea J, Sagardoy A, Sesma I, et al. A cyclin-D1 interaction with BAX underlies its oncogenic role and potential as a therapeutic target in mantle cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:12461-6 pubmed publisher..This effective combination therapy also might be exploited in other cyclin-D1-expressing tumors. ..
- Lorenzo Betancor O, Samaranch L, Ezquerra M, Tolosa E, Lorenzo E, Irigoyen J, et al. LRRK2 haplotype-sharing analysis in Parkinson's disease reveals a novel p.S1761R mutation. Mov Disord. 2012;27:146-51 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that mutations interfering with LRRK2 ROC-COR domain dimerization lead to typical Parkinson's disease. ..
- Arrasate M, Finkbeiner S. Protein aggregates in Huntington's disease. Exp Neurol. 2012;238:1-11 pubmed publisher..A differential regulation of IB formation as a function of the cellular context could, eventually, explain part of the neuronal vulnerability observed in HD. ..
- Montes R, Puy C, Molina E, Hermida J. Is EPCR a multi-ligand receptor? Pros and cons. Thromb Haemost. 2012;107:815-26 pubmed publisher..A brief update of what is known about the APC-evoked EPCR-dependent cell signalling mechanisms is provided, but special care has been taken to assemble all the information available about the interaction of EPCR with FVII/VIIa and FXa. ..
- Cavero R, Akerreta S, Calvo M. Medicinal plants used for dermatological affections in Navarra and their pharmacological validation. J Ethnopharmacol. 2013;149:533-42 pubmed publisher..The authors propose seven species for their validation (Allium cepa, Sambucus nigra, Hylotelephium maximum, Chelidonium majus, Ficus carica, Allium sativum and Anagallis arvensis). ..
- Pina Camacho L, del Rey MejÃas Ã, Janssen J, Bioque M, GonzÃ¡lez Pinto A, Arango C, et al. Age at First Episode Modulates Diagnosis-Related Structural Brain Abnormalities in Psychosis. Schizophr Bull. 2016;42:344-57 pubmed publisher..Future MRI studies should take these results into account when interpreting samples with different ages at onset and diagnosis. ..
- Caparica R, de Castro G, Gil Bazo I, Caglevic C, Calogero R, Giallombardo M, et al. BRAF mutations in non-small cell lung cancer: has finally Janus opened the door?. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol. 2016;101:32-9 pubmed publisher..Enrollment of these patients in clinical trials is an interesting strategy to offer a potentially more effective and less toxic targeted therapy. ..
- Pino I, Pio R, Toledo G, Zabalegui N, Vicent S, Rey N, et al. Altered patterns of expression of members of the heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein (hnRNP) family in lung cancer. Lung Cancer. 2003;41:131-43 pubmed..In SCLC cell lines, hnRNP A1 protein expression correlated with that of Bcl-x(L). In the lung cancer cell lines, hnRNP K protein localization varied with the cellular confluence. ..
- Bandres E, Pombo I, González Huarriz M, Rebollo A, Lopez G, Garcia Foncillas J. Association between bone mineral density and polymorphisms of the VDR, ERalpha, COL1A1 and CTR genes in Spanish postmenopausal women. J Endocrinol Invest. 2005;28:312-21 pubmed..Of all the studied gene polymorphisms, the FokI VDR gene polymorphism seems to be the strongest BMD genetic determinant of postmenopausal Spanish women. ..
- Fontán Gabás L, Oliemuller E, Martínez Irujo J, De Miguel C, Rouzaut A. All-trans-retinoic acid inhibits collapsin response mediator protein-2 transcriptional activity during SH-SY5Y neuroblastoma cell differentiation. FEBS J. 2007;274:498-511 pubmed..Unraveling the molecular mechanisms behind the action of all-trans-retinoic acid on neuroblastoma cells may well offer new perspectives for its clinical application. ..
- Guridi J, Obeso J, Rodriguez Oroz M, Lozano A, Manrique M. L-dopa-induced dyskinesia and stereotactic surgery for Parkinson's disease. Neurosurgery. 2008;62:311-23; discussion 323-5 pubmed publisher..Alternatively, the antidyskinetic effect of subthalamic nucleus surgery may in part be attributable to a reduction in the L-dopa dose as well as to the stabilization of the basal ganglia circuits after the surgical procedure. ..
- Bendandi M. Aiming at a curative strategy for follicular lymphoma. CA Cancer J Clin. 2008;58:305-17 pubmed publisher..Here the author summarizes the large and growing body of knowledge that suggests an expectant approach to management is not appropriate for all patients...
- Rodriguez Oroz M, Lage P, Sanchez Mut J, Lamet I, Pagonabarraga J, Toledo J, et al. Homocysteine and cognitive impairment in Parkinson's disease: a biochemical, neuroimaging, and genetic study. Mov Disord. 2009;24:1437-44 pubmed publisher..We found no evidence for a direct relationship between Hcy plasma levels and cognitive impairment and dementia in PD. No indirect effect through cerebrovascular disease or genetic background was found either. ..
- Campanero M, Escolar M, Perez G, Garcia Quetglas E, Sadaba B, Azanza J. Simultaneous determination of diosmin and diosmetin in human plasma by ion trap liquid chromatography-atmospheric pressure chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry: Application to a clinical pharmacokinetic study. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2010;51:875-81 pubmed publisher..Finally, the method was successfully applied to the pharmacokinetic study of diosmin in healthy volunteers following a single oral administration (Daflon). ..
- Sadaba J, Urso S. Does the introduction of duty-hour restriction in the United States negatively affect the operative volume of surgical trainees?. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2011;13:316-9 pubmed publisher..Changes in the residents' working patterns, such as 'night float' and 'leave early' models, may be useful to preserve exposure to surgical procedures. ..
- ..The tendency to exacerbate damage is seen mainly at high concentrations, and might be accounted for by pro-oxidant actions of these carotenoids. ..
- Fernández Montero A, Bes Rastrollo M, Beunza J, Barrio López M, de La Fuente Arrillaga C, Moreno Galarraga L, et al. Nut consumption and incidence of metabolic syndrome after 6-year follow-up: the SUN (Seguimiento Universidad de Navarra, University of Navarra Follow-up) cohort. Public Health Nutr. 2013;16:2064-72 pubmed publisher..To assess the long-term relationship between tree nut consumption and the risk of developing metabolic syndrome (MetS)...
- Ochoa M, Fioravanti J, Duitman E, Medina Echeverz J, Palazon A, Arina A, et al. Liver gene transfer of interkeukin-15 constructs that become part of circulating high density lipoproteins for immunotherapy. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52370 pubmed publisher..The improved pharmacokinetic profile and the strong biological activity of APO-IL-15 fusion protein holds promise for further development in combination with other immunotherapies. ..
- Rodriguez Perdigon M, Solas M, Ramirez M. JNK: A Putative Link Between Insulin Signaling and VGLUT1 in Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;50:963-7 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that activation of JNK in AD inhibits insulin signaling which could lead to a decreased expression of VGLUT1, therefore contributing to the glutamatergic deficit in AD. ..
- Ochoa Hueso R, Munzi S, Alonso R, Arroniz Crespo M, Avila A, Bermejo V, et al. Ecological impacts of atmospheric pollution and interactions with climate change in terrestrial ecosystems of the Mediterranean Basin: Current research and future directions. Environ Pollut. 2017;227:194-206 pubmed publisher
- Alonso Martinez J, Urbieta Echezarreta M, Annicchérico Sánchez F, Abínzano Guillén M, Garcia Sanchotena J. N-terminal pro-B-type natriuretic peptide predicts the burden of pulmonary embolism. Am J Med Sci. 2009;337:88-92 pubmed publisher..51-1), and negative predictive value 0.42 (CI 95% 0.32-0.53). Preliminary data suggest that N-terminal pro-BNP levels higher than 500 ng/L could serve as indicator of the burden of PE and perhaps as a predictor of death. ..
- Moleres A, Ochoa M, Rendo Urteaga T, Martínez González M, Azcona San Julián M, Martinez J, et al. Dietary fatty acid distribution modifies obesity risk linked to the rs9939609 polymorphism of the fat mass and obesity-associated gene in a Spanish case-control study of children. Br J Nutr. 2012;107:533-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, the present study reports for the first time the influence of dietary fatty acid distribution on the effect of the rs9939609 polymorphism of the FTO gene on children and adolescents' obesity risk. ..
- Bidard F, Peeters D, Fehm T, Nole F, Gisbert Criado R, Mavroudis D, et al. Clinical validity of circulating tumour cells in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a pooled analysis of individual patient data. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15:406-14 pubmed publisher..We aimed to assess the clinical validity of circulating tumour cell (CTC) quantification for prognostication of patients with metastatic breast cancer by undertaking a pooled analysis of individual patient data...
- Sanz M, Sanchez G, Gamboa P, Vila L, Uasuf C, Chazot M, et al. Allergen-induced basophil activation: CD63 cell expression detected by flow cytometry in patients allergic to Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus and Lolium perenne. Clin Exp Allergy. 2001;31:1007-13 pubmed..The sensitivity of the basophil activation test was 93.3%, and its specificity 98.4%, when using a cut-off point of 15% activated basophils as positive result. ..
- Lecanda J, Urtasun R, Medina J. Molecular cloning and genomic organization of the mouse AE2 anion exchanger gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:117-24 pubmed..As expected, mouse AE2 promoter sequences and the patterns of tissue expression of AE2 isoforms resemble rat counterparts more closely than human ones. ..
- Alcazar J, Galan M, Garcia Manero M, Guerriero S. Three-dimensional sonographic morphologic assessment in complex adnexal masses: preliminary experience. J Ultrasound Med. 2003;22:249-54 pubmed..To evaluate the role of three-dimensional transvaginal sonography in assessing complex adnexal masses...
- Berasain C, Herrero J, García Trevijano E, Avila M, Esteban J, Mato J, et al. Expression of Wilms' tumor suppressor in the liver with cirrhosis: relation to hepatocyte nuclear factor 4 and hepatocellular function. Hepatology. 2003;38:148-57 pubmed..WT1 is reexpressed in the cirrhotic liver in relation to disease progression and may play a role in the development of hepatic insufficiency in cirrhosis. ..
- Rodriguez Oroz M, Obeso J, Lang A, Houeto J, Pollak P, Rehncrona S, et al. Bilateral deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's disease: a multicentre study with 4 years follow-up. Brain. 2005;128:2240-9 pubmed
- Agirre X, Roman Gomez J, Vázquez I, Jimenez Velasco A, Garate L, Montiel Duarte C, et al. Abnormal methylation of the common PARK2 and PACRG promoter is associated with downregulation of gene expression in acute lymphoblastic leukemia and chronic myeloid leukemia. Int J Cancer. 2006;118:1945-53 pubmed
- López B, Gonzalez A, Querejeta R, Barba J, Diez J. Association of plasma cardiotrophin-1 with stage C heart failure in hypertensive patients: potential diagnostic implications. J Hypertens. 2009;27:418-24 pubmed publisher..Cardiotrophin-1 measurement may provide additional information to that afforded by NT-proBNP to diagnose stage C heart failure in these patients. ..
- Berraondo P, Prieto J, Gonzalez Aseguinolaza G. Advances in interleukin-12 gene therapy for acquired liver diseases. Curr Gene Ther. 2009;9:62-71 pubmed..First, promoter silencing induced by IL-12 may abrogate long-term production of this cytokine. Second, regulatory immune systems induced by IL-12 should be blocked to maximize antitumor and antiviral activity. ..
- Moreno Montañés J, Anton A, García N, Olmo N, Morilla A, Fallon M. Comparison of retinal nerve fiber layer thickness values using Stratus Optical Coherence Tomography and Heidelberg Retina Tomograph-III. J Glaucoma. 2009;18:528-34 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity of RNFL damage detection using HRT-III was lower compared with OCT-3, especially in early glaucoma. RNFL thickness agreement between HRT-III and OCT-3 was only fair. HVC was not useful for glaucoma detection. ..
- Bendandi M, Marillonnet S, Kandzia R, Thieme F, Nickstadt A, Herz S, et al. Rapid, high-yield production in plants of individualized idiotype vaccines for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Ann Oncol. 2010;21:2420-7 pubmed publisher..The process is also broadly applicable for manufacturing monoclonal antibodies in plants, providing 50- to 1000-fold higher yields than alternative plant expression methods. ..
- Garcia Manero M, Olartecoechea B, Royo P. Different injection sites of radionuclide for sentinel lymph node detection in breast cancer: single institution experience. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2010;153:185-7 pubmed publisher..We therefore think that intratumoral injection must be preferred to intradermal when possible to identify the node that is the first draining step of the tumoral tissue. ..
- Ferrer M, Nunez Cordoba J, Luquin E, Grattan C, De la Borbolla J, Sanz M, et al. Serum total tryptase levels are increased in patients with active chronic urticaria. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;40:1760-6 pubmed publisher..No difference was found in mature tryptase levels either. Total elevated tryptase levels are not accompanied by an elevated mature tryptase levels, as might be expected if the serum levels reflected mast cell degranulation. ..
- Catalan V, Gomez Ambrosi J, Rodríguez A, Ramirez B, Silva C, Rotellar F, et al. Up-regulation of the novel proinflammatory adipokines lipocalin-2, chitinase-3 like-1 and osteopontin as well as angiogenic-related factors in visceral adipose tissue of patients with colon cancer. J Nutr Biochem. 2011;22:634-41 pubmed publisher..This observation together with the up-regulation of angiogenic factors suggests that adipokines secreted by VAT may be involved in the development of colon cancer. ..
- Fresquet V, Robles E, Parker A, Martinez Useros J, Mena M, Malumbres R, et al. High-throughput sequencing analysis of the chromosome 7q32 deletion reveals IRF5 as a potential tumour suppressor in splenic marginal-zone lymphoma. Br J Haematol. 2012;158:712-26 pubmed publisher..These results show that cryptic deletions, insertions and/or point mutations inactivating genes within 7q32 are not common in SMZL, and suggest that IRF5 may be a haploinsufficient tumour suppressor in this lymphoma entity. ..
- Gil Alzugaray B, Chopitea A, Inarrairaegui M, Bilbao J, Rodríguez Fraile M, Rodriguez J, et al. Prognostic factors and prevention of radioembolization-induced liver disease. Hepatology. 2013;57:1078-87 pubmed publisher..We designed a comprehensive treatment protocol that reduces the frequency and the severity of REILD. ..
- Pascual Gil S, SimÃ³n Yarza T, Garbayo E, Prosper F, Blanco Prieto M. Tracking the in vivo release of bioactive NRG from PLGA and PEG-PLGA microparticles in infarcted hearts. J Control Release. 2015;220:388-396 pubmed publisher..Taking all this together, we report new evidence in favor of the use of polymeric PLGA and PEG-PLGA MPs as delivery systems for treating MI, which could be soon included in clinical trials. ..
- Kong S, Tran H, Gewirtz A, McKeown Eyssen G, Fedirko V, Romieu I, et al. Serum Endotoxins and Flagellin and Risk of Colorectal Cancer in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) Cohort. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:291-301 pubmed publisher..Further studies are warranted to better clarify these preliminary observations. ..
- Whiteside T, Demaria S, Rodriguez Ruiz M, Zarour H, Melero I. Emerging Opportunities and Challenges in Cancer Immunotherapy. Clin Cancer Res. 2016;22:1845-55 pubmed publisher..The current excitement for immunotherapy is justified in view of many existing opportunities for harnessing the immune system to treat cancer. ..
- CastaÃ±Ã³n E, Soltermann A, LÃ³pez I, RomÃ¡n M, Ecay M, Collantes M, et al. The inhibitor of differentiation-1 (Id1) enables lung cancer liver colonization through activation of an EMT program in tumor cells and establishment of the pre-metastatic niche. Cancer Lett. 2017;402:43-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Id1 enables both LLC and the host microenvironment for an effective liver colonization, and may represent a novel therapeutic target to avoid NSCLC liver metastasis. ..
- Mari Alexandre J, Díaz Lagares A, Villalba M, Juan O, Crujeiras A, Calvo A, et al. Translating cancer epigenomics into the clinic: focus on lung cancer. Transl Res. 2017;189:76-92 pubmed publisher..We envision that epigenomics will translate into the clinical field and will have an impact on lung cancer diagnosis/prognosis and treatment. ..
- Henriksson P, Cuenca Garcia M, Labayen I, Esteban Cornejo I, Henriksson H, Kersting M, et al. Diet quality and attention capacity in European adolescents: the Healthy Lifestyle in Europe by Nutrition in Adolescence (HELENA) study. Br J Nutr. 2017;117:1587-1595 pubmed publisher..Intervention studies investigating a causal relationship between diet quality and attention are warranted. ..
- Jiménez Fonseca P, Carmona Bayonas A, Hernandez R, Custodio A, Cano J, Lacalle A, et al. Lauren subtypes of advanced gastric cancer influence survival and response to chemotherapy: real-world data from the AGAMENON National Cancer Registry. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:775-782 pubmed publisher..46-0.88), P=0.046. As a conclusion, in this registry, Lauren classification tumour subtypes predicted survival and responded differently to chemotherapy. Future clinical trials should stratify effect estimations based on histology. ..
- Hurtado V, Montes R, Gris J, Bertolaccini M, Alonso A, Martinez Gonzalez M, et al. Autoantibodies against EPCR are found in antiphospholipid syndrome and are a risk factor for fetal death. Blood. 2004;104:1369-74 pubmed..0 (95% confidence interval [CI], 2.0-266.3) for IgM and 6.8 (95% CI, 1.2-38.4) for IgG. Anti-EPCR autoantibodies can be detected in APS patients and are independent risk factors for fetal death. ..
- Valencia K, Martín Fernandez M, Zandueta C, Ormazábal C, Martínez Canarias S, Bandres E, et al. miR-326 associates with biochemical markers of bone turnover in lung cancer bone metastasis. Bone. 2013;52:532-9 pubmed publisher..Consistently, miR-326 and PINP demonstrated a strong correlation with tumor burden. Our findings, taken together, indicate that miR-326 could potentially serve as a novel biochemical marker for monitoring bone metastatic progression. ..
- Pinilla J, Barber A, Lostao M. Active transport of alanine by the neutral amino-acid exchanger ASCT1. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2001;79:1023-9 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that ASCT1 is able to mediate a concentrative transport of alanine, which is Na+-dependent but not coupled to the Na+ gradient. ..
- Martinez Chantar M, Latasa M, Varela Rey M, Lu S, García Trevijano E, Mato J, et al. L-methionine availability regulates expression of the methionine adenosyltransferase 2A gene in human hepatocarcinoma cells: role of S-adenosylmethionine. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19885-90 pubmed..We conclude that MAT2A gene expression is modulated as an adaptive response of the cell to l-methionine availability through its conversion to AdoMet. ..
- Schmitz V, Wang L, Barajas M, Gomar C, Prieto J, Qian C. Treatment of colorectal and hepatocellular carcinomas by adenoviral mediated gene transfer of endostatin and angiostatin-like molecule in mice. Gut. 2004;53:561-7 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that angiostatic gene therapy may form a feasible strategy for the treatment of established hepatocellular carcinomas and that in vivo antitumour efficacy of angiostatic proteins is tumour specific. ..
- Alegre E, Díaz Lagares A, Lemaoult J, López Moratalla N, Carosella E, Gonzalez A. Maternal antigen presenting cells are a source of plasmatic HLA-G during pregnancy: longitudinal study during pregnancy. Hum Immunol. 2007;68:661-7 pubmed..Women who experienced miscarriage had previously very low or undetectable plasmatic sHLA-G levels in the second month of pregnancy. Data suggest that undetectable sHLA-G could be a risk of complications. ..
- De Miguel M, Oteiza F, Ciga M, Armendariz P, Marzo J, Ortiz H. Sacral nerve stimulation for the treatment of faecal incontinence following low anterior resection for rectal cancer. Colorectal Dis. 2011;13:72-7 pubmed publisher..An increase in the mean resting and squeeze pressures was seen in four patients with a permanent implant. SNS is a treatment option for faecal incontinence after LAR for rectal cancer. ..
- Jurado M, Alcazar J, Martinez Monge R. Resectability rates of previously irradiated recurrent cervical cancer (PIRCC) treated with pelvic exenteration: is still the clinical involvement of the pelvis wall a real contraindication? a twenty-year experience. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;116:38-43 pubmed publisher
- Diaz R, Nguewa P, Parrondo R, Perez Stable C, Manrique I, Redrado M, et al. Antitumor and antiangiogenic effect of the dual EGFR and HER-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor lapatinib in a lung cancer model. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:188 pubmed publisher..In addition, tumors from lapatinib-treated mice showed a dramatic reduction in angiogenesis (P < 0.0001). Overall, these data suggest that lapatinib may be a clinically useful agent for the treatment of lung cancer. ..
- Milagro F, Campion J, Cordero P, Goyenechea E, Gómez Uriz A, Abete I, et al. A dual epigenomic approach for the search of obesity biomarkers: DNA methylation in relation to diet-induced weight loss. FASEB J. 2011;25:1378-89 pubmed publisher..In summary, hypocaloric-diet-induced weight loss in humans could alter DNA methylation status of specific genes. Moreover, baseline DNA methylation patterns may be used as epigenetic markers that could help to predict weight loss. ..
- Tabar A, Arroabarren E, Echechipía S, Garcia B, Martin S, Alvarez Puebla M. Three years of specific immunotherapy may be sufficient in house dust mite respiratory allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:57-63, 63.e1-3 pubmed publisher..An increase in asthma score of 133% was the only difference observed in controls. Clinical improvement is obtained with 3 years of D pteronyssinus SIT. Two additional years of SIT add clinical benefit in rhinitis only. ..
- Cenoz M, Catalán J, Zamarbide F, Berastegui M, Gurrea A. [Impact of universal vaccination against chicken pox in Navarre, 2006-2010]. An Sist Sanit Navar. 2011;34:193-202 pubmed..The aim of this study is to evaluate the impact of this measure on the incidence of chicken pox in both the vaccinated cohorts (direct effect) and in the unvaccinated cohorts (indirect effect)...
- Martinez Forero I, Azpilikueta A, Bolaños Mateo E, Nistal Villán E, Palazon A, Teijeira A, et al. T cell costimulation with anti-CD137 monoclonal antibodies is mediated by K63-polyubiquitin-dependent signals from endosomes. J Immunol. 2013;190:6694-706 pubmed publisher..As a whole, these findings advance our knowledge of the mechanisms of action of anti-CD137 immunostimulatory mAbs such as those currently undergoing clinical trials in cancer patients. ..
- Gallo V, Vanacore N, Bueno de Mesquita H, Vermeulen R, Brayne C, Pearce N, et al. Physical activity and risk of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis in a prospective cohort study. Eur J Epidemiol. 2016;31:255-66 pubmed publisher..This association does not appear confounded by age, gender, anthropometry, smoking, and education. Ours was the first prospective cohort study on ALS and physical activity. ..
- Hidalgo Ovejero A, Garcia Mata S, Sanchez Villares J, Martinez Grande M. Fibrous dysplasia of both alae of the sacrum. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2001;30:135-7 pubmed..Curettage and refilling with allograft were performed. The pathologic anatomy study diagnosed a fibrous dysplasia. Two years after surgery, the patient was asymptomatic. ..
- España A, del Olmo J, Marquina M, Sitaru C. [Mucous membrane pemphigoid: IgG and IgA antibodies against the BP180 antigen]. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2005;96:365-70 pubmed..Molecular biology techniques are very important to complement the diagnosis of MMP, especially when the results of hematoxylin-eosin or IF studies are not satisfactory for a diagnosis of MMP. ..
- Ochoa M, Santos J, Azcona C, Moreno Aliaga M, Martinez Gonzalez M, Martinez J, et al. Association between obesity and insulin resistance with UCP2-UCP3 gene variants in Spanish children and adolescents. Mol Genet Metab. 2007;92:351-8 pubmed..Thus, the (-866A; rs659366)-(Ins; 45bp)-(-55C; rs1800849) haplotype may protect against insulin resistance in the obese population group. ..
- Vicente E, Lima L, Bongard E, Charnaud S, Villar R, Solano B, et al. Synthesis and structure-activity relationship of 3-phenylquinoxaline 1,4-di-N-oxide derivatives as antimalarial agents. Eur J Med Chem. 2008;43:1903-10 pubmed publisher..The most interesting compounds are 7-(methyl or methoxy)-3-(4'-fluoro or chloro)phenylquinoxaline-2-carbonitrile 1,4-di-N-oxides because of their low IC50 and their high SI shown for the K1 strain, making them valid new leads. ..
- Aranguren X, Pelacho B, Penuelas I, Abizanda G, Uriz M, Ecay M, et al. MAPC transplantation confers a more durable benefit than AC133+ cell transplantation in severe hind limb ischemia. Cell Transplant. 2011;20:259-69 pubmed publisher..This, in turn, conferred tissue protection and regeneration with longer term functional improvement...
- Ruiz Canela M, Martinez Gonzalez M. Olive oil in the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease. Maturitas. 2011;68:245-50 pubmed publisher..However, no complete consistency exists and further prospective studies and trials are being implemented in order to obtain more complete evidence. ..
- Schröder P, Fernández Irigoyen J, Bigaud E, Serna A, Renández Alcoceba R, Lu S, et al. Proteomic analysis of human hepatoma cells expressing methionine adenosyltransferase I/III: Characterization of DDX3X as a target of S-adenosylmethionine. J Proteomics. 2012;75:2855-68 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Proteomics: The clinical link. ..
- Rodriguez J, Zarate R, Bandres E, Boni V, Hernández A, Sola J, et al. Fc gamma receptor polymorphisms as predictive markers of Cetuximab efficacy in epidermal growth factor receptor downstream-mutated metastatic colorectal cancer. Eur J Cancer. 2012;48:1774-80 pubmed publisher..008). Fc?R polymorphisms may play a role in the clinical efficacy of Cetuximab in EGFR downstream mutated mCRC patients. Further research into Cetuximab immune-based mechanisms in KRAS-mutated patients seems warranted. ..
- Imbuluzqueta E, Lemaire S, Gamazo C, Elizondo E, Ventosa N, Veciana J, et al. Cellular pharmacokinetics and intracellular activity against Listeria monocytogenes and Staphylococcus aureus of chemically modified and nanoencapsulated gentamicin. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012;67:2158-64 pubmed publisher..GEN-AOT formulations yielded a high cellular accumulation, especially in the cytosol, which resulted in improved efficacy against both intracellular S. aureus and L. monocytogenes. ..
- Araña M, Mazo M, Aranda P, Pelacho B, Prosper F. Adipose tissue-derived mesenchymal stem cells: isolation, expansion, and characterization. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1036:47-61 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we will focus on the methodology for the isolation, expansion, phenotypical characterization, differentiation, and storage of the adipose-derived stem cells. ..
- PÃ©rez Rodrigo C, Gil Ã, GonzÃ¡lez Gross M, Ortega R, Serra Majem L, Varela Moreiras G, et al. Clustering of Dietary Patterns, Lifestyles, and Overweight among Spanish Children and Adolescents in the ANIBES Study. Nutrients. 2015;8: pubmed publisher..The healthier lifestyle pattern included lower proportions of children and adolescents from low socioeconomic status backgrounds. ..
- Arraras J, Manterola A, Asin G, Illarramendi J, Cruz S, Ibáñez B, et al. Quality of life in elderly patients with localized breast cancer treated with radiotherapy. A prospective study. Breast. 2016;26:46-53 pubmed publisher..QL differences between the axillary surgery groups and in their evolutions were few but have appeared in key QL areas. ..
- Gatta G, Capocaccia R, Botta L, Mallone S, De Angelis R, Ardanaz E, et al. Burden and centralised treatment in Europe of rare tumours: results of RARECAREnet-a population-based study. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1022-1039 pubmed publisher..Survival could be improved by early diagnosis, new treatments, and improved case management. The centralisation of treatment could be improved in the seven European countries we studied. The European Commission (Chafea). ..
- Larrea E, Alberdi A, Castelruiz Y, Boya P, Civeira M, Prieto J. Expression of interferon-alpha subtypes in peripheral mononuclear cells from patients with chronic hepatitis C: a role for interferon-alpha5. J Viral Hepat. 2001;8:103-10 pubmed
- Sanz M, Maselli J, Gamboa P, Oehling A, Diéguez I, De Weck A. Flow cytometric basophil activation test: a review. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2002;12:143-54 pubmed..Further clinical evaluation of this technique will allow validation and better establishment of its diagnostic value in allergy. ..