Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Locale: Majadahonda, Madrid, Spain
Publications163 found, 100 shown here
- Delgado E, Ríos M, Fernandez J, Pérez Alvarez L, Najera R, Thomson M. Identification of a new HIV type 1 BF intersubtype circulating recombinant form (CRF44_BF) in Chile. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:821-6 pubmed publisher..Coincident breakpoints and phylogenetic clustering of the newly identified CRF44_BF with CRF12_BF, CRF17_BF, and CRF38_BF support a common origin of different CRF_BFs identified in Argentina, Uruguay, and Chile. ..
- García Álvarez M, Berenguer J, Guzmán Fulgencio M, Micheloud D, Catalán P, Munoz Fernandez M, et al. High plasma fractalkine (CX3CL1) levels are associated with severe liver disease in HIV/HCV co-infected patients with HCV genotype 1. Cytokine. 2011;54:244-8 pubmed publisher..06; 39.23)). Plasma CX3CL1 levels were independently associated with several characteristics of severe liver disease in HIV/HCV coinfected patients with HCV-genotype 1, suggesting a role of CX3CL1 in the pathogenesis of HCV infection. ..
- Oteo J, Cercenado E, Vindel A, Bautista V, Fernández Romero S, Sáez D, et al. Outbreak of multidrug-resistant CTX-M-15-producing Enterobacter cloacae in a neonatal intensive care unit. J Med Microbiol. 2013;62:571-5 pubmed publisher..Paediatric infections caused by multidrug-resistant ESBL-producing Enterobacter cloacae constitute a critical clinical and epidemiological issue. ..
- L pez Huertas M, Mateos E, S nchez Del Cojo M, G mez Esquer F, D az Gil G, Rodr guez Mora S, et al. The presence of HIV-1 Tat protein second exon delays fas protein-mediated apoptosis in CD4+ T lymphocytes: a potential mechanism for persistent viral production. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:7626-44 pubmed publisher
- Barriales Villa R, Gimeno Blanes J, Zorio Grima E, Ripoll Vera T, Evangelista Masip A, Moya Mitjans A, et al. Plan of Action for Inherited Cardiovascular Diseases: Synthesis of Recommendations and Action Algorithms. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2016;69:300-9 pubmed publisher..We highlight the role of multidisciplinary referral units in the diagnosis and treatment of these conditions. ..
- Leemans A, De Schryver M, Van der Gucht W, Heykers A, Pintelon I, Hotard A, et al. Antibody-Induced Internalization of the Human Respiratory Syncytial Virus Fusion Protein. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..On the other hand, this mechanism may also reduce the efficacy of antibody-mediated effector mechanisms toward infected cells. ..
- Ferrer M, Yunta M, Lazo P. Pattern of expression of tetraspanin antigen genes in Burkitt lymphoma cell lines. Clin Exp Immunol. 1998;113:346-52 pubmed..Tetraspanin gene expression is consistent with BL being a single entity, despite variations in other parameters. ..
- Perez Vazquez M, Román F, Aracil B, Canton R, Campos J. Laboratory detection of Haemophilus influenzae with decreased susceptibility to nalidixic acid, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, and moxifloxacin due to GyrA and ParC mutations. J Clin Microbiol. 2004;42:1185-91 pubmed..influenzae isolates for the detection of decreased susceptibilities to quinolones due to the acquisition of two amino acid changes in the QRDRs of GyrA and ParC (sensitivity, >95%; specificity, >80%). ..
- Asenjo A, Rodr guez L, Villanueva N. Determination of phosphorylated residues from human respiratory syncytial virus P protein that are dynamically dephosphorylated by cellular phosphatases: a possible role for serine 54. J Gen Virol. 2005;86:1109-20 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, dephosphorylation at S54 could facilitate P-M protein interactions that probably occur during the egress of viral particles...
- Coiras M, Camafeita E, Ureña T, Lopez J, Caballero F, Fernández B, et al. Modifications in the human T cell proteome induced by intracellular HIV-1 Tat protein expression. Proteomics. 2006;6 Suppl 1:S63-73 pubmed..In conclusion, in addition to its role in viral mRNA elongation, the proteomic approach has provided insight into the way that Tat modifies host cell gene expression. ..
- Oteo J, García Estébanez C, Migueláñez S, Campos J, Marti S, Vila J, et al. Genotypic diversity of imipenem resistant isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii in Spain. J Infect. 2007;55:260-6 pubmed..Acquisition of imipenem resistance in A. baumannii is likely due to both clonal and non-clonal dissemination; resistance rates strongly vary between different hospitals and even between different hospital departments. ..
- Rodriguez Tudela J, Alcazar Fuoli L, Mellado E, Alastruey Izquierdo A, Monzon A, Cuenca Estrella M. Epidemiological cutoffs and cross-resistance to azole drugs in Aspergillus fumigatus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:2468-72 pubmed publisher..The results obtained in this study will help to develop clinical breakpoints for azole drugs and A. fumigatus. ..
- Fenoll A, Aguilar L, Granizo J, Gimenez M, Aragoneses Fenoll L, Mendez C, et al. Has the licensing of respiratory quinolones for adults and the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (PCV-7) for children had herd effects with respect to antimicrobial non-susceptibility in invasive Streptococcus pneumoniae?. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;62:1430-3 pubmed publisher..Penicillin/erythromycin non-susceptibility decreased along the studied period among paediatric invasive S. pneumoniae isolates to a level similar to that seen in adults. ..
- Bedoya L, Marquez N, Martinez N, Gutiérrez Eisman S, Alvarez A, Calzado M, et al. SJ23B, a jatrophane diterpene activates classical PKCs and displays strong activity against HIV in vitro. Biochem Pharmacol. 2009;77:965-78 pubmed publisher..We have shown that diterpene jatrophanes represent a new member of anti-AIDS agents that could be developed for mitigating HIV reactivation. ..
- Vargas A, Berenguer J, Catalán P, Miralles P, Lopez J, Cosin J, et al. Association between plasma levels of eotaxin (CCL-11) and treatment response to interferon-alpha and ribavirin in HIV/HCV co-infected patients. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:303-6 pubmed publisher..Further experimental research is necessary to corroborate this hypothesis. ..
- Fenoll A, Aguilar L, Gimenez M, Vicioso M, Robledo O, Granizo J, et al. Susceptibility of recently collected Spanish pneumococci nonsusceptible to oral penicillin from serotypes not included in the 7-valent conjugate vaccine. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:2696-8 pubmed publisher..1%/11.9% (amoxicillin), and 96.0%/52.2% (cefotaxime), respectively. Low susceptibility to common oral beta-lactams was also found in serotypes 11A (95.5% susceptibility to cefotaxime and erythromycin) and 35B. ..
- Sánchez Jiménez C, Olivares I, de Ávila Lucas A, Toledano V, Gutiérrez Rivas M, Lorenzo Redondo R, et al. Mutagen-mediated enhancement of HIV-1 replication in persistently infected cells. Virology. 2012;424:147-53 pubmed publisher..Increase of HIV-1 replication by 5-OHdC cautions against the use, without previous analyses, of mutagenic nucleoside analogs for AIDS treatment. ..
- Santos Valle P, Guijarro Muñoz I, Cuesta A, Alonso Camino V, Villate M, Álvarez Cienfuegos A, et al. The heterotrimeric laminin coiled-coil domain exerts anti-adhesive effects and induces a pro-invasive phenotype. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e39097 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study shows for the first time that the laminin coiled-coil domain displays anti-adhesive functions and has potential implications for cell migration during matrix remodeling. ..
- Palacios Baena Z, Oteo J, Conejo C, Larrosa M, Bou G, FernÃ¡ndez MartÃnez M, et al. Comprehensive clinical and epidemiological assessment of colonisation and infection due to carbapenemase-producing Enterobacteriaceae in Spain. J Infect. 2016;72:152-60 pubmed publisher..Although a low proportion of CPE infections were bacteraemic, active antibiotic therapy was a protective factor for reducing mortality. ..
- Soriano V, Benítez Gutiérrez L, Arias A, Carrasco I, Barreiro P, Pena J, et al. Evaluation of sofosbuvir, velpatasvir plus voxilaprevir as fixed-dose co-formulation for treating hepatitis C. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2017;13:1015-1022 pubmed publisher..A pill once daily for 8 weeks gives SVR rates above 95%. In prior DAA failures, extending treatment to 12 weeks maximizes SVR rates. ..
- Alvaro Blanco J, Urso K, Chiodo Y, Martín Cortázar C, Kourani O, Arco P, et al. MAZ induces MYB expression during the exit from quiescence via the E2F site in the MYB promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9960-9975 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that MAZ is essential to bypass MYB promoter repression by RB family members and to induce MYB expression...
- Olivares I, Menendez Arias L, Rodríguez Bernabé A, Martin M, Dopazo J, Lopez Galindez C. Sequence analysis of HIV-1 vif gene in Spanish isolates. Virus Genes. 1995;9:283-8 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis supports the existence of two virus lineages circulating preferentially within different risk groups. ..
- Zarich N, Oliva J, Martinez N, Jorge R, Ballester A, Gutiérrez Eisman S, et al. Grb2 is a negative modulator of the intrinsic Ras-GEF activity of hSos1. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:3591-7 pubmed
- Ferrer E, Bonay P, Foster Cuevas M, Gonzalez L, Dávila I, Cortéz M, et al. Molecular cloning and characterisation of Ts8B1, Ts8B2 and Ts8B3, three new members of the Taenia solium metacestode 8 kDa diagnostic antigen family. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2007;152:90-100 pubmed..8% and specificity of 93.1% in the detection of active NCC when using serum samples in the assay and performed similarly in the porcine system. The implications of these findings are discussed. ..
- García Esteban C, Gil H, Rodríguez Vargas M, Gerrikagoitia X, Barandika J, Escudero R, et al. Molecular method for Bartonella species identification in clinical and environmental samples. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:776-9 pubmed..This assay could simultaneously detect 20 different known species and other Bartonella species not described previously...
- Rodriguez Tudela J, Berenguer J, Guarro J, Kantarcioglu A, Horre R, de Hoog G, et al. Epidemiology and outcome of Scedosporium prolificans infection, a review of 162 cases. Med Mycol. 2009;47:359-70 pubmed publisher..Infections are difficult to treat since it is a multi-resistant species. Multicenter studies are essential with the aim of developing and disseminating appropriate techniques and protocols to treat this mycosis. ..
- Bedoya L, Abad M, Sanchez Palomino S, Alcami J, Bermejo P. Ellagitannins from Tuberaria lignosa as entry inhibitors of HIV. Phytomedicine. 2010;17:69-74 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of HIV infection by EEF appears to be mediated by CD4 down-regulation, the main receptor for HIV entry. CXCR4 and CCR5 receptors were not affected by EEF, explaining why EEF is able to inhibit R5 and X4 infections...
- Calonge E, Alonso Lobo J, Escandon C, Gonzalez N, Bermejo M, Santiago B, et al. c/EBPbeta is a major regulatory element driving transcriptional activation of the CXCL12 promoter. J Mol Biol. 2010;396:463-72 pubmed publisher..Our data show that c/EBPbeta is a major regulatory element driving transcription of the CXCL12 gene in response to cytokines and cell confluence. ..
- Vazquez A, Sanchez Seco M, Ruiz S, Molero F, Hernandez L, Moreno J, et al. Putative new lineage of west nile virus, Spain. Emerg Infect Dis. 2010;16:549-52 pubmed publisher..WNV genomic RNA was detected in 1 pool from unfed female Culex pipiens mosquitoes. Phylogenetic analysis demonstrated that this sequence cannot be assigned to previously described lineages of WNV. ..
- Chamorro C, Borrallo J, Romera M, Silva J, Balandin B. Anesthesia and analgesia protocol during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest: a systematic review. Anesth Analg. 2010;110:1328-35 pubmed publisher..Very often, the drug and the dose used do not seem the most appropriate. Only 3 ICUs routinely used electroencephalographic monitoring during paralysis. It is necessary to reach a consensus on how to treat this critical care population. ..
- Guzmán Fulgencio M, Jiménez J, Berenguer J, Fernandez Rodriguez A, Lopez J, Cosin J, et al. Plasma IL-6 and IL-9 predict the failure of interferon-? plus ribavirin therapy in HIV/HCV-coinfected patients. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2012;67:1238-45 pubmed publisher..073). High plasma levels of IL-6 and IL-9 had a high predictive value for SVR failure. Furthermore, clearing of HCV infection was associated with low inflammatory and T helper (Th)2/Th9/Th22 cytokine levels. ..
- Martín Martín I, Molina R, Jimenez M. An insight into the Phlebotomus perniciosus saliva by a proteomic approach. Acta Trop. 2012;123:22-30 pubmed publisher..perniciosus saliva. All spots were identified as salivary proteins, confirming this technology as an interesting tool to improve sand fly salivary knowledge. ..
- Jimenez M, Gonzalez E, Martín Martín I, Hernandez S, Molina R. Could wild rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus) be reservoirs for Leishmania infantum in the focus of Madrid, Spain?. Vet Parasitol. 2014;202:296-300 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that wild rabbits could play some role in Leishmania transmission. ..
- del RÃo MartÃnez P, Navarro CompÃ¡n V, DÃaz Miguel C, AlmodÃ³var R, Mulero J, de Miguel E. Similarities and differences between patients fulfilling axial and peripheral ASAS criteria for spondyloarthritis: Results from the Esperanza Cohort. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2016;45:400-3 pubmed publisher..However, despite having similar degree of disease activity, time to be referred to rheumatologist is increased in axial SpA patients compared with peripheral SpA patients. ..
- Gonzalez L, Montero E, Puente S, Lopez Velez R, Hernandez M, Sciutto E, et al. PCR tools for the differential diagnosis of Taenia saginata and Taenia solium taeniasis/cysticercosis from different geographical locations. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2002;42:243-9 pubmed..saginata isolate from Kenya, which yielded a unique PCR-RFLP pattern, different from T. saginata DNA of Mexican (one sample) and Spanish (seven samples) origin...
- Cuevas M, Fernandez Garcia A, Pinilla M, García Alvarez V, Thomson M, Delgado E, et al. Short communication: Biological and genetic characterization of HIV type 1 subtype B and nonsubtype B transmitted viruses: usefulness for vaccine candidate assessment. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:1019-25 pubmed publisher..This panel is available for distribution through the Programme EVA Centre for AIDS Reagents, National Institute for Biological Standard and Control (NIBSC). ..
- Jimenez M, Gonzalez L, Bailo B, Blanco A, García L, Pérez González F, et al. [Differential diagnosis of imported filariasis by molecular techniques (2006-2009)]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2011;29:666-71 pubmed publisher..The results obtained were compared with those obtained using the conventional parasitological methods...
- Garcia Cobos S, Arroyo M, Perez Vazquez M, Aracil B, Lara N, Oteo J, et al. Isolates of ?-lactamase-negative ampicillin-resistant Haemophilus influenzae causing invasive infections in Spain remain susceptible to cefotaxime and imipenem. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2014;69:111-6 pubmed publisher..Our main goal was to determine whether invasive H. influenzae remains susceptible to ?-lactam antibiotics indicated in the treatment of invasive infections...
- GonzÃ¡lez VÃlchez F, Segovia Cubero J, Almenar L, Crespo Leiro M, ArizÃ³n J, Villa A, et al. Spanish Heart Transplantation Registry. 26th Official Report of the Spanish Society of Cardiology Working Group on Heart Failure and Heart Transplantation (1984-2014). Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:1008-21 pubmed publisher..The growing use of circulatory assist devices before transplantation is also confirmed. ..
- Mesa Arango A, Rueda C, RomÃ¡n E, Quintin J, TerrÃ³n M, Luque D, et al. Cell Wall Changes in Amphotericin B-Resistant Strains from Candida tropicalis and Relationship with the Immune Responses Elicited by the Host. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2326-35 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that resistance to AmB is associated with pleiotropic mechanisms that might have important consequences, not only for the efficacy of the treatment but also for the immune response elicited by the host. ..
- GonzÃ¡lez Torralba A, Oteo J, Asenjo A, Bautista V, Fuentes E, AlÃ³s J. Survey of Carbapenemase-Producing Enterobacteriaceae in Companion Dogs in Madrid, Spain. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2499-501 pubmed publisher..This finding supports the need for active surveillance studies in companion animals that live close to humans, as interspecies transmission may occur within the same household. ..
- Begoña Ruiz Argüello M, González Reyes L, Calder L, Palomo C, Martin D, Saíz M, et al. Effect of proteolytic processing at two distinct sites on shape and aggregation of an anchorless fusion protein of human respiratory syncytial virus and fate of the intervening segment. Virology. 2002;298:317-26 pubmed
- Blanco M, Iborra A, Vargas A, Nsie E, Mbá L, Fuentes I. Molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium isolates from humans in Equatorial Guinea. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2009;103:1282-4 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of the molecular characterization of Cryptosporidium species isolated from humans in Equatorial Guinea and shows that zoonotic and anthroponotic transmission is present in this country. ..
- Laguna del Estal P, García Montero P, Agud Fernández M, López Cano Gómez M, Castañeda Pastor A, García Zubiri C. [Bacterial meningitis due to gram-negative bacilli in adults]. Rev Neurol. 2010;50:458-62 pubmed..Gram-negative bacilli are causative agents of bacterial meningitis in the neonatal period but rarely cause meningitis in adults without risk factors...
- Alastruey Izquierdo A, Cuesta I, Houbraken J, Cuenca Estrella M, Monzon A, Rodriguez Tudela J. In vitro activity of nine antifungal agents against clinical isolates of Aspergillus calidoustus. Med Mycol. 2010;48:97-102 pubmed publisher..Terbinafine and the echinocandins micafungin and anidulafungin, were the drugs most active against these species. ..
- Valdezate S, Navarro A, Medina Pascual M, Carrasco G, Saez Nieto J. Molecular screening for rifampicin and fluoroquinolone resistance in a clinical population of Brucella melitensis. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2010;65:51-3 pubmed publisher..The absence of topoisomerase II-IV mutations, however, cannot rule out fluoroquinolone resistance due to the interplay of different mechanisms. ..
- Echevarria J, Fogeda M, Avellon A. Diagnosis of acute hepatitis E by antibody and molecular testing: a study on 277 suspected cases. J Clin Virol. 2011;50:69-71 pubmed publisher..India and neighbour countries represent the highest risk for import of epidemic HEV strains into Spain. Both antibody assays and molecular tests are required to optimise the final yield of laboratory diagnosis. ..
- GijÃ³n Conde T, Graciani A, Guallar CastillÃ³n P, Aguilera M, RodrÃguez Artalejo F, Banegas J. Leptin Reference Values and Cutoffs for Identifying Cardiometabolic Abnormalities in the Spanish Population. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:672-9 pubmed publisher..716; sensitivity, 71.4%; specificity, 60.2%). These results facilitate the interpretation of leptin values in clinical and population studies. Leptin has moderate sensitivity and specificity for identifying cardiometabolic abnormalities. ..
- Fenoll A, Granizo J, GimÃ©nez M, Yuste J, Aguilar L. Secular trends (1990-2013) in serotypes and associated non-susceptibility of S. pneumoniae isolates causing invasive disease in the pre-/post-era of pneumococcal conjugate vaccines in Spanish regions without universal paediatric pneumococcal vaccinat. Vaccine. 2015;33:5691-5699 pubmed publisher
- Fernández Carrillo C, Lens S, Llop E, Pascasio J, Crespo J, Arenas J, et al. Treatment of hepatitis C virus infection in patients with cirrhosis and predictive value of model for end-stage liver disease: Analysis of data from the Hepa-C registry. Hepatology. 2017;65:1810-1822 pubmed publisher..In this setting, a MELD score ?18 may help clinicians to identify those patients with a higher risk of complications and to individualize treatment decisions. (Hepatology 2017;65:1810-1822). ..
- Alastruey Izquierdo A, Cuenca Estrella M, Monzon A, Mellado E, Rodriguez Tudela J. Antifungal susceptibility profile of clinical Fusarium spp. isolates identified by molecular methods. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2008;61:805-9 pubmed publisher..015-32 mg/L). The rest of the antifungals tested (itraconazole, voriconazole, ravuconazole, posaconazole and terbinafine) showed very poor activity against Fusarium, confirming the multiresistant nature of this genus. ..
- Blasco A, Piazza A, Goicolea J, Hernández C, García Montero C, Burgos R, et al. Intravascular ultrasound measurement of the aortic lumen. Rev Esp Cardiol. 2010;63:598-601 pubmed..e., >10%). In conclusion, IVUS was a reliable tool for measuring the diameter of the aorta, particularly in concentric segments where stents are normally placed. Consequently, IVUS could supplement conventional imaging techniques. ..
- Coiras M, Lopez Huertas M, Sánchez del Cojo M, Mateos E, Alcami J. Dual role of host cell factors in HIV-1 replication: restriction and enhancement of the viral cycle. AIDS Rev. 2010;12:103-12 pubmed..The increasing knowledge of viral protein interactions with host cell factors will be essential for the discovery of new targets that could be used to design new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Casado G, Thomson M, Sierra M, Najera R. Identification of a novel HIV-1 circulating ADG intersubtype recombinant form (CRF19_cpx) in Cuba. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005;40:532-7 pubmed..These results allow us to define CRF19_cpx as a second novel CRF of African origin circulating in Cuba, to identify putative representative viruses of its parental strains, and to characterize a unique CRF18/CRF19 recombinant virus. ..
- Jado I, Oteo J, Aldamiz M, Gil H, Escudero R, Ibarra V, et al. Rickettsia monacensis and human disease, Spain. Emerg Infect Dis. 2007;13:1405-7 pubmed publisher..This finding increases the number of recognized human rickettsial pathogens and expands the known geographic distribution of Mediterranean spotted fever-like cases...
- de Ory F, Sanz J, Echevarria J, Mosquera M, Guisasola M. [Comparison of serological procedures used for the diagnosis of viral exanthema in laboratories participating in the measles elimination plan]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2004;22:319-22 pubmed..Some laboratories from the network should review the methods used for the diagnosis of measles and other exanthematic diseases. The results reassert the need for a reference laboratory to support confirmation of the results. ..
- Thomson M, Vinogradova A, Delgado E, Rakhmanova A, Yakovlev A, Cuevas M, et al. Molecular epidemiology of HIV-1 in St Petersburg, Russia: predominance of subtype A, former Soviet Union variant, and identification of intrasubtype subclusters. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2009;51:332-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this study show a great predominance of AFSU viruses in St Petersburg and point to a few phylogenetically identifiable introductions as the origin of most current HIV-1 AFSU infections in the city. ..
- Corripio I, Cisneros M, Ormaechea T. [Diagnostic of intestinal parasitosis by coproantigen detection]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2010;28 Suppl 1:33-9 pubmed publisher..Among these systems are the methods for detecting faecal antigens, which, in general, have good specificity and sensitivity; properties which make them a useful tool in microbiology laboratories. ..
- SeignÃ¨res B, Descamps F, Croise R, Barlet V, Bouvier Alias M, Chevaliez S, et al. Multicenter clinical evaluation of the new 3rd generation assay for detection of antibodies against hepatitis C virus on the VIDAS(Â®) system. J Clin Virol. 2016;78:20-6 pubmed publisher..Sensitivity, specificity and recognition of seroconversion compare favorably with well-established CE-marked tests and help to clarify discrepant results obtained with other assays. ..
- Villalón P, Valdezate S, Medina Pascual M, Carrasco G, Vindel A, Saez Nieto J. Epidemiology of the Acinetobacter-derived cephalosporinase, carbapenem-hydrolysing oxacillinase and metallo-?-lactamase genes, and of common insertion sequences, in epidemic clones of Acinetobacter baumannii from Spain. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013;68:550-3 pubmed publisher..All the studied genes and their related ISs showed a clonal distribution. Imipenem resistance was probably provided by OXA-40 for the most part, while MBL- and OXA-23-encoding genes were absent in the studied population. ..
- Moreno PÃ©rez D, Ãlvarez GarcÃa F, ArÃstegui FernÃ¡ndez J, Cilleruelo Ortega M, Corretger Rauet J, GarcÃa SÃ¡nchez N, et al. [Vaccination against meningococcal B disease. Public statement of the Advisory Committee on Vaccines of the Spanish Association of Paediatrics (CAV-AEP)]. An Pediatr (Barc). 2015;82:198.e1-9 pubmed publisher
- Oteo J, Delgado Iribarren A, Vega D, Bautista V, Rodríguez M, Velasco M, et al. Emergence of imipenem resistance in clinical Escherichia coli during therapy. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 2008;32:534-7 pubmed publisher..Additional mechanisms of beta-lactam resistance, such as plasmid-mediated AmpC and ESBL production, were also found. Development of carbapenem resistance in a CTX-M-67-producing E. coli is first described in this study. ..
- Oteo J, Orden B, Bautista V, Cuevas O, Arroyo M, Martínez Ruiz R, et al. CTX-M-15-producing urinary Escherichia coli O25b-ST131-phylogroup B2 has acquired resistance to fosfomycin. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009;64:712-7 pubmed publisher..coli has increased due to the acquisition of this resistance by a previously circulating CTX-M-15-producing E. coli O25b-ST131-phylogroup B2 strain. This happened during a period when the use of fosfomycin increased by 50%. ..
- Oteo J, Hernández Almaraz J, Gil Antón J, Vindel A, Fernandez S, Bautista V, et al. Outbreak of vim-1-carbapenemase-producing Enterobacter cloacae in a pediatric intensive care unit. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010;29:1144-6 pubmed publisher..Emergence of pediatric infections caused by carbapenemases-producing Enterobacteriaceae is a critical issue as they are resistant to most ?-lactam antibiotics...
- Sánchez Seco M, Navarro J. [Infections due to Toscana virus, West Nile virus, and other arboviruses of interest in Europe]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2005;23:560-8 pubmed..To achieve an accurate diagnosis, high clinical suspicion is required as well as highly specific laboratory techniques, mainly based on IgM detection, RT-PCR and viral culture of CSF and/or serum. ..
- Santodomingo Rubido J, Barrado Navascués E, Rubido Crespo M. Ocular surface comfort during the day assessed by instant reporting in different types of contact and non-contact lens wearers. Eye Contact Lens. 2010;36:96-100 pubmed publisher..The results of this study also suggest that interpretation of comfort scores should be carried out with caution. ..
- Oteo J, Sáez D, Bautista V, Fernández Romero S, Hernández Molina J, Perez Vazquez M, et al. Carbapenemase-producing enterobacteriaceae in Spain in 2012. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:6344-7 pubmed publisher..The number of CPE cases in Spain has increased sharply in recent years, due mainly to the emergence of OXA-48. ..
- Hurtado A, Alonso E, Aspiritxaga I, López Etxaniz I, Ocabo B, Barandika J, et al. Environmental sampling coupled with real-time PCR and genotyping to investigate the source of a Q fever outbreak in a work setting. Epidemiol Infect. 2017;145:1834-1842 pubmed publisher..These results confirmed the link between the goat farm and the outbreak and allowed the identification of the source of infection. The circumstances and possible vehicles for the bacteria entering the factory are discussed...
- Lopez Huertas M, Casas I, Acosta Herrera B, Garcia M, Coiras M, Pérez Breña P. Two RT-PCR based assays to detect human metapneumovirus in nasopharyngeal aspirates. J Virol Methods. 2005;129:1-7 pubmed..Based on the results obtained, human metapneumovirus infections in Madrid followed a seasonal pattern, with most of the infections occurring between February and April. ..
- González N, Bermejo M, Calonge E, Jolly C, Arenzana Seisdedos F, Pablos J, et al. SDF-1/CXCL12 production by mature dendritic cells inhibits the propagation of X4-tropic HIV-1 isolates at the dendritic cell-T-cell infectious synapse. J Virol. 2010;84:4341-51 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that CXCL12 production by DCs resident in lymph nodes represents an antiviral mechanism in the context of the infectious synapse that could account for the delayed appearance of X4 viruses. ..
- Fenoll A, Aguilar L, Vicioso M, Gimenez M, Robledo O, Granizo J. Increase in serotype 19A prevalence and amoxicillin non-susceptibility among paediatric Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates from middle ear fluid in a passive laboratory-based surveillance in Spain, 1997-2009. BMC Infect Dis. 2011;11:239 pubmed publisher
- Eriksen J, Davidkin I, Kafatos G, Andrews N, Barbara C, Cohen D, et al. Seroepidemiology of mumps in Europe (1996-2008): why do outbreaks occur in highly vaccinated populations?. Epidemiol Infect. 2013;141:651-66 pubmed publisher..Preventing outbreaks and controlling mumps probably requires several elements, including high-coverage vaccination programmes with MMR vaccine with 4-8 years between doses. ..
- de la Torre HernÃ¡ndez J, Oteo DomÃnguez J, HernÃ¡ndez F, GarcÃa Camarero T, Abdul Jawad Altisent O, Rivero Crespo F, et al. Dual Antiplatelet Therapy for 6 Months vs 12 Months After New-generation Drug-eluting Stent Implantation: Matched Analysis of ESTROFA-DAPT and ESTROFA-2. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:838-45 pubmed publisher
- Casal J, Aguilar L, Jado I, Yuste J, Gimenez M, Prieto J, et al. Effects of specific antibodies against Streptococcus pneumoniae on pharmacodynamic parameters of beta-lactams in a mouse sepsis model. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2002;46:1340-4 pubmed..This in vivo combined pharmacodynamic effect offers possibilities that can be used to address penicillin resistance. ..
- Perez Vazquez M, Román F, Garcia Cobos S, Campos J. Fluoroquinolone resistance in Haemophilus influenzae is associated with hypermutability. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2007;51:1566-9 pubmed..002). CIP-nonsusceptible mutants were obtained with hypermutable strains only; these mutants developed three resistance mechanisms in a step-by-step process: target modifications, loss of a porin protein, and increased efflux. ..
- Fenoll A, Aguilar L, Vicioso M, Gimenez M, Robledo O, Granizo J, et al. Serotype distribution and susceptibility of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates from pleural fluid in Spain from 1997 to 2008. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2010;54:5387-90 pubmed publisher..In serotype 19A, the penicillin nonsusceptibility rate was 82.4% in 2008, associated with amoxicillin and cefotaxime nonsusceptibility in 21.4% of isolates. Inclusion of these serotypes in new vaccines offers the broadest coverage. ..
- Cuevas M, Molinero M, Pozo F, Calvo C, GarcÃa GarcÃa M, Reyes N, et al. Spread of different rhinovirus B genotypes in hospitalized children in Spain. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2013;7:623-8 pubmed publisher..8%) were HRV-B. The sequencing of partial VP4/VP2 coding region revealed the spread of 13 of 25 defined HRV-B serotypes and three putative new genotypes. Such results remark the high diversity of HRV-B. ..
- Abad HernÃ¡ndez M, Andreu J, Caracuel Ruiz M, Belmonte Serrano M, DÃaz GonzÃ¡lez F, Moreno Muelas J. Position paper from the Spanish Society of Rheumatology on biosimilar drugs. Reumatol Clin. 2015;11:269-78 pubmed publisher..This article reviews the European Medicines Agency requirements for authorization, the Spanish legal framework and controversies on BS and presents the position paper of the Spanish Society of Rheumatology on these drugs. ..
- Blasco HernÃ¡ndez T, GarcÃa San Miguel L, Navaza B, Navarro M, Benito A. Knowledge and experiences of Chagas disease in Bolivian women living in Spain: a qualitative study. Glob Health Action. 2016;9:30201 pubmed publisher..Disease risk perception was very low in Bolivian women living in Madrid. This factor, together with the fear of being screened, may be contributing to the current rate of under-diagnosis. ..
- Trento A, Galiano M, Videla C, Carballal G, García Barreno B, Melero J, et al. Major changes in the G protein of human respiratory syncytial virus isolates introduced by a duplication of 60 nucleotides. J Gen Virol. 2003;84:3115-20 pubmed..The changes reported here expand the examples of drastic genetic alterations that can be introduced into the G protein sequence of HRSV while it replicates in its natural host. ..
- de la Campa A, Balsalobre L, Ardanuy C, Fenoll A, Perez Trallero E, Liñares J. Fluoroquinolone resistance in penicillin-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae clones, Spain. Emerg Infect Dis. 2004;10:1751-9 pubmed..7%) of the ciprofloxacin-resistant strains. Continuous surveillance is needed to prevent the dissemination of these clones. ..
- Almagro E, GonzÃ¡lez C, Espinosa E. [Prognostic factors of early breast cancer]. Med Clin (Barc). 2016;146:167-71 pubmed publisher..A number of profiles are available and can be used in selected cases. In the future, gene profiling will be used to select patients for treatment with new targeted therapies. ..
- OviaÃ±o M, Barba M, FernÃ¡ndez B, Ortega A, Aracil B, Oteo J, et al. Rapid Detection of OXA-48-Producing Enterobacteriaceae by Matrix-Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:754-9 pubmed publisher..Ertapenem was monitored to detect carbapenem resistance, and temocillin was included in the assay as a marker for OXA-48-producers. Structural analysis of temocillin is described. Data are obtained within 60 min. ..
- Alcaraz A, Carballido Rodríguez J, Unda Urzaiz M, Medina Lopez R, Ruiz Cerdá J, Rodríguez Rubio F, et al. Quality of life in patients with lower urinary tract symptoms associated with BPH: change over time in real-life practice according to treatment--the QUALIPROST study. Int Urol Nephrol. 2016;48:645-56 pubmed publisher..HESr showed an equivalent efficacy to AB and 5ARI with fewer side effects. ..
- González Herrada C, Rodríguez Martín S, Cachafeiro L, Lerma V, Gonzalez O, Lorente J, et al. Cyclosporine Use in Epidermal Necrolysis Is Associated with an Important Mortality Reduction: Evidence from Three Different Approaches. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2092-2100 pubmed publisher..The pooled MRROE (including from this study) was 0.41 (95% confidence interval = 0.21-0.80). All three approaches consistently show that CsA reduces the mortality in epidermal necrolysis patients. ..
- Balsalobre L, Ferr ndiz M, Li ares J, Tubau F, de la Campa A. Viridans group streptococci are donors in horizontal transfer of topoisomerase IV genes to Streptococcus pneumoniae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2003;47:2072-81 pubmed..These results suggest that the viridans group streptococci are acting as donors in the horizontal transfer of fluoroquinolone resistance genes to S. pneumoniae...
- Gonzalez Sanz R, Herrera Leon S, de la Fuente M, Arroyo M, Echeita M. Emergence of extended-spectrum beta-lactamases and AmpC-type beta-lactamases in human Salmonella isolated in Spain from 2001 to 2005. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2009;64:1181-6 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates the emergence of a public health risk related to resistance to beta-lactams in Salmonella. The resistance trends need to be monitored carefully. ..
- Morillas Ramirez F, Ortiz Gómez J, Palacio Abizanda F, Fornet Ruiz I, Pérez Lucas R, Bermejo Albares L. [An update of the obstetrics hemorrhage treatment protocol]. Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim. 2014;61:196-204 pubmed publisher..This last aspect is very important to be effective, and is a task to be performed at each center, according to the availability of resources, personnel and architectural features. ..
- Mirelis J, GarcÃa PavÃa P, Cavero M, GonzÃ¡lez LÃ³pez E, Echavarría Pinto M, Pastrana M, et al. Magnetic Resonance for Noninvasive Detection of Microcirculatory Disease Associated With Allograft Vasculopathy: Intracoronary Measurement Validation. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:571-8 pubmed publisher