Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on time factors in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Topic: time factors
Publications333 found, 100 shown here
- García Marqués J, Núñez Llaves R, López Mascaraque L. NG2-glia from pallial progenitors produce the largest clonal clusters of the brain: time frame of clonal generation in cortex and olfactory bulb. J Neurosci. 2014;34:2305-13 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal an original ontogenic process that gives rise to the NG2-glia population and expands the previously established limits of development. ..
- Rivero F, Bastante T, Cuesta J, Benedicto A, Salamanca J, Restrepo J, et al. Factors Associated With Delays in Seeking Medical Attention in Patients With ST-segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2016;69:279-85 pubmed publisher..Delays in seeking medical attention are associated with greater in-hospital and 1-year mortality. ..
- MarchÃ¡n D, FernÃ¡ndez R, de Sosa I, DÃaz CosÃn D, Novo M. Pinpointing cryptic borders: Fine-scale phylogeography and genetic landscape analysis of the Hormogaster elisae complex (Oligochaeta, Hormogastridae). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2017;112:185-193 pubmed publisher..Rare events of long distance dispersal through hydrochory appear as one of the possible causes of range expansion. ..
- Lagares A, Gomez P, Perez Nunez A, Lobato R, Ramos A. Short-lasting unilateral neuralgiform headache with conjunctival injection and tearing syndrome treated with microvascular decompression of the trigeminal nerve: case report. Neurosurgery. 2005;56:E413; discussion E413 pubmed..The postoperative course was uneventful, and 2 years after treatment, the patient remains asymptomatic. Microvascular decompression could be an alternative therapeutic approach to this rare syndrome. ..
- Veiga S, Leonelli E, Beelke M, Garcia Segura L, Melcangi R. Neuroactive steroids prevent peripheral myelin alterations induced by diabetes. Neurosci Lett. 2006;402:150-3 pubmed..These results suggest that neuroactive steroids such as progesterone and dihydroprogesterone may represent therapeutic alternatives to counteract peripheral myelin alterations induced by diabetes. ..
- Zurita M, Vaquero J. Bone marrow stromal cells can achieve cure of chronic paraplegic rats: functional and morphological outcome one year after transplantation. Neurosci Lett. 2006;402:51-6 pubmed..At this time, functional recovery is almost complete and associated with evident nervous tissue regeneration in the previously injured spinal cord. ..
- Carballo J, Pincheira J, de la Torre C. The G2 checkpoint activated by DNA damage does not prevent genome instability in plant cells. Biol Res. 2006;39:331-40 pubmed..These cells and those produced by the breakage of chromosomal bridges in anaphase will reach the G1 of the next cell cycle unrepaired, ensuring the appearance of genome instability. ..
- Garcia Pavia P, Tomas J, Alonso Pulpon L. Late-onset angioedema due to an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. Can J Cardiol. 2007;23:315-6 pubmed..Angioedema due to angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors usually appears during the first weeks of treatment. Late-onset angioedema is often unrecognized...
- Serra B, Zhang J, Morales M, Guzmán Vázquez de Prada A, Reviejo A, Pingarrón J. A rapid method for detection of catalase-positive and catalase-negative bacteria based on monitoring of hydrogen peroxide evolution at a composite peroxidase biosensor. Talanta. 2008;75:1134-9 pubmed publisher..coli and S. pneumoniae at concentration levels of approximately 2x10(6) and 2x10(5) cfu/mL, in assays taking 10 and 15 min, respectively, without any pre-concentration step or pre-enrichment procedure. ..
- Hernando M, García Sáez G, Martínez Sarriegui I, Rodríguez Herrero A, Pérez Gandía C, Rigla M, et al. Automatic data processing to achieve a safe telemedical artificial pancreas. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2009;3:1039-46 pubmed..Automatic data analysis procedures have been tested as an essential tool to achieve a safe ambulatory telemedical artificial pancreas, showing their ability to manage short-term and medium-term risk situations. ..
- Picon A, Gaya P, Fernandez Garcia E, Rivas Cañedo A, Avila M, Nunez M. Proteolysis, lipolysis, volatile compounds, texture, and flavor of Hispánico cheese made using frozen ewe milk curds pressed for different times. J Dairy Sci. 2010;93:2896-905 pubmed publisher..tile compounds. It may be concluded that the use of frozen ewe milk curd in the manufacture of Hispánico cheese does not alter its main characteristics. ..
- Alvarez Lafuente R, Blanco Kelly F, Garcia Montojo M, Martinez A, De las Heras V, Domínguez Mozo M, et al. CD46 in a Spanish cohort of multiple sclerosis patients: genetics, mRNA expression and response to interferon-beta treatment. Mult Scler. 2011;17:513-20 pubmed publisher..The present study shows that CD46 could be associated with the response to interferon-beta therapy; however, the genetic results should be replicated in an independent cohort and further studies are needed to confirm the role of CD46. ..
- Tejera N, Gomez Garre D, Lazaro A, Gallego Delgado J, Alonso C, Blanco J, et al. Persistent proteinuria up-regulates angiotensin II type 2 receptor and induces apoptosis in proximal tubular cells. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1817-26 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that persistent proteinuria causes apoptosis in tubular cells through the activation of AT2 receptor, which can, in turn, inhibit MAP kinase (ERK1/2) activation and Bcl-2 phosphorylation. ..
- Lastres Becker I, Bizat N, Boyer F, Hantraye P, Fernandez Ruiz J, Brouillet E. Potential involvement of cannabinoid receptors in 3-nitropropionic acid toxicity in vivo. Neuroreport. 2004;15:2375-9 pubmed..In conclusion, the present study supports the hypothesis that cannabinoid receptors, possibly the CB(1) receptor subtype, may be involved in HD pathogenesis and could be an interesting therapeutic target to slow disease progression...
- Cho Lee G, Naval Gias L, Castrejon Castrejon S, Capote Moreno A, Gonzalez Garcia R, Sastre Perez J, et al. A 12-year retrospective analytic study of the implant survival rate in 177 consecutive maxillary sinus augmentation procedures. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants. 2010;25:1019-27 pubmed
- Zamorano J, Badano L, Bruce C, Chan K, Gonçalves A, Hahn R, et al. EAE/ASE recommendations for the use of echocardiography in new transcatheter interventions for valvular heart disease. Eur J Echocardiogr. 2011;12:557-84 pubmed publisher..It is intended that this document will serve as a reference for echocardiographers participating in any or all stages of new transcatheter treatments for patients with valvular heart disease. ..
- Alvarez G, Aldudo J, Alonso M, Santana S, Valdivieso F. Herpes simplex virus type 1 induces nuclear accumulation of hyperphosphorylated tau in neuronal cells. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:1020-9 pubmed publisher..Given that HSV-1 is considered a risk factor for AD, our results suggest a new way in which to understand the relationships between HSV-1 infection and the pathogenic mechanisms leading to AD. ..
- Martínez Flores J, Serrano M, Morales P, Paz Artal E, Morales J, Serrano A. Comparison of several functional methods to evaluate the immune response on stable kidney transplant patients. J Immunol Methods. 2014;403:62-5 pubmed publisher..45 vs. 2.37±0.41; 2.84±0.76 vs. 2.37±0.32; 2.32±0.34 vs. 1.89±0.38 respectively). In summary, our results show that the measurement of ATP in CD4+ lymphocytes gives more accurate information in comparison to the classical methods. ..
- Sanz Parra A, Vazquez B, Sobrino F, Cox S, Ley V, Salt J. Evidence of partial protection against foot-and-mouth disease in cattle immunized with a recombinant adenovirus vector expressing the precursor polypeptide (P1) of foot-and-mouth disease virus capsid proteins. J Gen Virol. 1999;80 ( Pt 3):671-9 pubmed..The observed partial protection against clinical disease was not associated with a reduction in titre of persistent FMDV infections in the oropharynx of challenged cattle. ..
- Herrera B, Fernandez M, Alvarez A, Roncero C, Benito M, Gil J, et al. Activation of caspases occurs downstream from radical oxygen species production, Bcl-xL down-regulation, and early cytochrome C release in apoptosis induced by transforming growth factor beta in rat fetal hepatocytes. Hepatology. 2001;34:548-56 pubmed..fmk completely blocks nucleosomal DNA fragmentation, it only delays cell death, which suggests that activation of the apoptotic program by TGF-beta in fetal hepatocytes inevitably leads to death, with or without caspases. ..
- Madrigal J, Garcia Bueno B, Moro M, Lizasoain I, Lorenzo P, Leza J. Relationship between cyclooxygenase-2 and nitric oxide synthase-2 in rat cortex after stress. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;18:1701-5 pubmed..These findings are discussed as possible therapeutic targets in the context of neuropsychiatric disorders related to stress. ..
- Giménez Abián M, Rozalén A, Carballo J, Botella L, Pincheira J, López Sáez J, et al. HSP90 and checkpoint-dependent lengthening of the G2 phase observed in plant cells under hypoxia and cold. Protoplasma. 2004;223:191-6 pubmed..Lastly, the mitochondrial chaperonin recognized by an HSP60 antibody in these roots not involved in photosynthesis was always higher in the proliferating than in the nonproliferating cells. ..
- Pérez Rodríguez R, Fuentes M, Oliván A, Martínez Palacián A, Roncero C, González M, et al. Mechanisms of nitric oxide-induced apoptosis in bovine chromaffin cells: Role of mitochondria and apoptotic proteins. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:2224-38 pubmed
- Scortti M, Prieto C, Alvarez E, Simarro I, Castro J. Failure of an inactivated vaccine against porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome to protect gilts against a heterologous challenge with PRRSV. Vet Rec. 2007;161:809-13 pubmed..However, the preweaning mortality of the piglets born to the vaccinated gilts was significantly lower than that of the piglets born to the positive control gilts. ..
- Milla R, Giménez Benavides L, Montserrat Martí G. Replacement of species along altitude gradients: the role of branch architecture. Ann Bot. 2008;102:953-66 pubmed publisher..Saxifraga) and local (altitudinal vicariants) scales. This supports the initial idea that shoot architecture may to a large extent condition high altitude adaptive syndrome. ..
- Matias C, Isla L, Vasconcelos M, Almeria C, Rodrigo J, Serra V, et al. Speckle-tracking-derived strain and strain-rate analysis: a technique for the evaluation of early alterations in right ventricle systolic function in patients with systemic sclerosis and normal pulmonary artery pressure. J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2009;10:129-34 pubmed publisher..This alteration may preclude pulmonary artery hypertension development and reflect an adaptive response to higher levels of pulmonary systolic artery pressure. ..
- Faubel R, Lopez Garcia E, Guallar Castillon P, Balboa Castillo T, Gutiérrez Fisac J, Banegas J, et al. Sleep duration and health-related quality of life among older adults: a population-based cohort in Spain. Sleep. 2009;32:1059-68 pubmed..Sleep duration in 2001 failed to predict changes in HRQL between 2001 and 2003. Extreme sleep durations are a marker of worse HRQL in the elderly. ..
- Cobacho N, De la Calle J, González Escalada J, Paíno C. Levodopa analgesia in experimental neuropathic pain. Brain Res Bull. 2010;83:304-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide experimental support on the antiallodynic effect of levodopa in neuropathic pain and suggest that at least part of the analgesic action takes place in the spinal cord and involves dopaminergic D2-type receptors. ..
- HernangÃ³mez M, KlusÃ¡kovÃ¡ I, Joukal M, HradilovÃ¡ SvÃÅ¾enskÃ¡ I, Guaza C, DubovÃ½ P. CD200R1 agonist attenuates glial activation, inflammatory reactions, and hypersensitivity immediately after its intrathecal application in a rat neuropathic pain model. J Neuroinflammation. 2016;13:43 pubmed publisher..This may constitute a promising and novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of neuropathic pain. ..
- Velásquez Rodríguez J, Diez Delhoyo F, Valero Masa M, Vicent L, Devesa C, Sousa Casasnovas I, et al. Prognostic Impact of Age and Hemoglobin in Acute ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Treated With Reperfusion Therapy. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1909-1916 pubmed publisher..This association is also present in men ≥65 years with normal hemoglobin levels. ..
- Ricote M, Alfaro J, García Tuñón I, Arenas M, Fraile B, Paniagua R, et al. Control of the annual testicular cycle of the marbled-newt by p53, p21, and Rb gene products. Mol Reprod Dev. 2002;63:202-9 pubmed..In the proliferation period and, in a lesser degree, in the spermiogenesis period, the expressions of p53 and p21 decrease and phosph-Rb increases, enhancing cell proliferation. These gene products do not seem to be related to apoptosis...
- Bernardino de la Serna J, Perez Gil J, Simonsen A, Bagatolli L. Cholesterol rules: direct observation of the coexistence of two fluid phases in native pulmonary surfactant membranes at physiological temperatures. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:40715-22 pubmed..We suggest that the particular lipid composition of surfactant could be finely tuned to provide, under physiological conditions, a structural scaffold for surfactant proteins to act at appropriate local densities and lipid composition. ..
- Vargas Laguna E, Peña Payero M, Vargas Márquez A. [Influence of anxiety in diverse cutaneous diseases]. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2006;97:637-43 pubmed..The findings show the comorbidity of psychiatric disorders in patients with chronic cutaneous diseases and the high levels of state and trait anxiety, mainly in patients with psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. ..
- Arroba A, Lechuga Sancho A, Frago L, Argente J, Chowen J. Cell-specific expression of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis in the anterior pituitary of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Endocrinol. 2007;192:215-27 pubmed..Furthermore, both pituitary cell death and expression of protective mechanisms such as XIAP are cell-type specific. ..
- Oyagüe R, Monticelli F, Toledano M, Osorio E, Ferrari M, Osorio R. Effect of water aging on microtensile bond strength of dual-cured resin cements to pre-treated sintered zirconium-oxide ceramics. Dent Mater. 2009;25:392-9 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the hydrolytic stability of different dual-cure resin cements when luted to zirconia ceramic...
- Sarraj A, Nuche J, Dominguez L, García L, Reyes G, Bustamante J, et al. Adjustable segmental tricuspid annuloplasty: technical advantages and midterm results. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;87:1148-53 pubmed publisher..It may be adversely influenced by poor left ventricular function and by the presence of a pacemaker lead. ..
- Atienza F, Almendral J, Sanchez Quintana D, Zaballos M, Murillo M, Jimeno C, et al. Cryoablation time-dependent dose-response effect at minimal temperatures (-80 degrees C): an experimental study. Europace. 2009;11:1538-45 pubmed publisher..In this closed-chest pig model, there was a relation between cryoapplication duration following AVB at -80 degrees C and recovery of conduction. A safety window of at least 10 s was observed in all cases. ..
- Martinez Morales P, Quiroga A, Barbas J, Morales A. SOX5 controls cell cycle progression in neural progenitors by interfering with the WNT-beta-catenin pathway. EMBO Rep. 2010;11:466-72 pubmed publisher..We propose that SOX5 regulates the timing of cell cycle exit by opposing WNT-beta-catenin activity on cell cycle progression. ..
- Daschner A, De Frutos C, Valls A, Vega F. Anisakis simplex sensitization-associated urticaria: short-lived immediate type or prolonged acute urticaria. Arch Dermatol Res. 2010;302:625-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, in an allergological evaluation of urticaria, we propose a possible benefit of a distinction of the duration period at 48 h, and not 6 weeks, when differentiating acute versus chronic urticaria. ..
- Marqués de Marino P, Martínez López I, Hernández Mateo M, Cernuda Artero I, Cabrero Fernández M, Reina Gutierrez M, et al. Open Versus Endovascular Treatment for Patients with Post-Carotid Endarterectomy Restenosis: Early and Long-term Results. Ann Vasc Surg. 2016;36:159-165 pubmed publisher..CAS might be the treatment of choice due to the risk of cranial nerve injuries in redo-CEA. When CAS is contraindicated, redo-CEA remains a safe and effective treatment option. ..
- Ramiro A, Trigueros C, Marquez C, San Millan J, Toribio M. Regulation of pre-T cell receptor (pT alpha-TCR beta) gene expression during human thymic development. J Exp Med. 1996;184:519-30 pubmed
- Gómez del Pulgar T, Velasco G, Sanchez C, Haro A, Guzman M. De novo-synthesized ceramide is involved in cannabinoid-induced apoptosis. Biochem J. 2002;363:183-8 pubmed..These findings show that de novo-synthesized ceramide is involved in cannabinoid-induced apoptosis of glioma cells. ..
- Burgos J, Ramirez C, Sastre I, Bullido M, Valdivieso F. Involvement of apolipoprotein E in the hematogenous route of herpes simplex virus type 1 to the central nervous system. J Virol. 2002;76:12394-8 pubmed..This study demonstrates the involvement of ApoE in the hematogenous route of HSV-1 to the CNS. ..
- Bello G, Casado C, Garcia S, Rodriguez C, Del Romero J, Borderia A, et al. Plasma RNA viral load is not associated with intrapatient quasispecies heterogeneity in HIV-1 infection. Arch Virol. 2004;149:1761-71 pubmed..Thus, this study show that although intrapatient quasispecies heterogeneity is not associated with viral set point in HIV-1 infection, some differences exist between the two groups in the pattern of mutation accumulation. ..
- Tutor A, Delpón E, Caballero R, Gomez R, Núñez L, Vaquero M, et al. Association of 14-3-3 proteins to beta1-adrenergic receptors modulates Kv11.1 K+ channel activity in recombinant systems. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4666-74 pubmed..Our results suggest that the dynamic association of 14-3-3 proteins to both beta(1)AR and Kv11.1 channels is involved in the adrenergic modulation of this critical regulator of cardiac repolarization and refractoriness. ..
- Rodríguez Muñoz M, de la Torre Madrid E, Sánchez Blázquez P, Garzón J. Morphine induces endocytosis of neuronal mu-opioid receptors through the sustained transfer of Galpha subunits to RGSZ2 proteins. Mol Pain. 2007;3:19 pubmed..In contrast, morphine does promote some internalization of MORs in neurons although this does not prevent this opioid from inducing strong antinociceptive tolerance...
- Polo de Santos M, Luengo Matos S, Muñoz Navarro B, Saz Parkinson Z. Results from the monitoring use programme for endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms in Spain. Int Angiol. 2009;28:181-91 pubmed
- Martin Ventura J, Madrigal Matute J, Munoz Garcia B, Blanco Colio L, Van Oostrom M, Zalba G, et al. Increased CD74 expression in human atherosclerotic plaques: contribution to inflammatory responses in vascular cells. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;83:586-94 pubmed publisher..CD74 could be a novel therapeutic target to decrease the inflammatory response in atherosclerosis. ..
- Sáenz Morales D, Conde E, Escribese M, García Martos M, Alegre L, Blanco Sánchez I, et al. ERK1/2 mediates cytoskeleton and focal adhesion impairment in proximal epithelial cells after renal ischemia. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2009;23:285-94 pubmed publisher..In summary, ERK1/2 signalling plays an essential role in I/R induced injury, mediating proximal cell adhesive alterations which lead to tubular damage and ultimately might compromise renal function. ..
- Coduras A, Rabasa I, Frank A, Bermejo Pareja F, LÃ³pez Pousa S, LÃ³pez Arrieta J, et al. Prospective one-year cost-of-illness study in a cohort of patients with dementia of Alzheimer's disease type in Spain: the ECO study. J Alzheimers Dis. 2010;19:601-15 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, monthly overall mean cost of dementia of AD type was high in Spain (1,412.73 euro). Almost 88% of the cost-of-illness is funded by the patient's own family, adding a financial burden to the suffering of these families. ..
- Palladino C, Briz V, González Tomé M, Leon Leal J, Navarro M, de José M, et al. Short communication: evaluation of the effect of enfuvirtide in 11 HIV-1 vertically infected pediatric patients outside clinical trials. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:301-5 pubmed publisher..Therefore, ENF showed a greater and more stable efficacy when administrated with novel drugs. ..
- CONTRERAS C, Sanchez A, García Sacristán A, Martinez M, Andriantsitohaina R, Prieto D. Preserved insulin vasorelaxation and up-regulation of the Akt/eNOS pathway in coronary arteries from insulin resistant obese Zucker rats. Atherosclerosis. 2011;217:331-9 pubmed publisher..The results underscore the fact that preservation of insulin-mediated vasorelaxation along with an up-regulation of the Akt/eNOS pathway and an impairment of the MAPK cascade account for this protection. ..
- Martinez Gomez D, Eisenmann J, Healy G, Gomez Martinez S, Diaz L, Dunstan D, et al. Sedentary behaviors and emerging cardiometabolic biomarkers in adolescents. J Pediatr. 2012;160:104-10.e2 pubmed publisher..High TV viewing time may play a key role in cardiovascular and metabolic diseases through the cell adhesion molecules in adolescence. ..
- Anguita SÃ¡nchez M, Bertomeu MartÃnez V, Cequier Fillat Ã. Quality of Vitamin K Antagonist Anticoagulation in Spain: Prevalence of Poor Control and Associated Factors. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:761-8 pubmed publisher..Factors associated with poor control are kidney disease, routine nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antiplatelet use, and absence of angiotensin receptor blockers. ..
- Brotons C, Calvo Bonacho E, Moral I, Puig M, Garcia Margallo M, CortÃ©s Arcas M, et al. Comparison of application of different methods to estimate lifetime cardiovascular risk. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2016;23:564-71 pubmed publisher..These differences can have important clinical implications specifically in the percentage of candidates for lifestyle changes and eventually lipid lowering drugs. ..
- Salinas P, Moreno R, Calvo L, SÃ¡nchez Recalde Ã, JimÃ©nez Valero S, Galeote G, et al. Long-term Follow-up After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation for Severe Aortic Stenosis. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2016;69:37-44 pubmed publisher..There was a 15.3% prosthetic valve dysfunction rate in cumulative follow-up, with no cases of repeat valve replacement. ..
- Lodi S, Phillips A, Logan R, Olson A, Costagliola D, Abgrall S, et al. Comparative effectiveness of immediate antiretroviral therapy versus CD4-based initiation in HIV-positive individuals in high-income countries: observational cohort study. Lancet HIV. 2015;2:e335-43 pubmed publisher..The estimated beneficial effect on AIDS is less than in recently reported randomised trials. Increasing rates of HIV testing might be as important as a policy of early initiation of ART. National Institutes of Health. ..
- Aranda M, Fraile A, Garcia Arenal F. Genetic variability and evolution of the satellite RNA of cucumber mosaic virus during natural epidemics. J Virol. 1993;67:5896-901 pubmed..The sequential accumulation of mutations in CMV-satRNA leads to fast genetic divergence to reach what appears to be an upper permitted threshold. ..
- López Barahona M, Iglesias T, Garcia Higuera I, Mayor F, Zaballos A, Bernal J, et al. Post-transcriptional induction of beta 1-adrenergic receptor by retinoic acid, but not triiodothyronine, in C6 glioma cells expressing thyroid hormone receptors. Eur J Endocrinol. 1996;135:709-15 pubmed..We conclude that lack of responsiveness of the beta 1-AR gene in C6 cells to T3 is not due to high expression of c-erbA alpha 2 but to undefined cell-specific factors. ..
- Colmenares M, Puig Kröger A, Pello O, Corbi A, Rivas L. Dendritic cell (DC)-specific intercellular adhesion molecule 3 (ICAM-3)-grabbing nonintegrin (DC-SIGN, CD209), a C-type surface lectin in human DCs, is a receptor for Leishmania amastigotes. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:36766-9 pubmed..Our finding has important implications for Leishmania host-cell interaction and the immunoregulation of cutaneous leishmaniasis. ..
- de las Cuevas N, Muñoz U, Hermida O, Martin Requero A. Altered transcriptional regulators in response to serum in immortalized lymphocytes from Alzheimer's disease patients. Neurobiol Aging. 2005;26:615-24 pubmed
- Burgos F, Pascual J, Marcen R, García Navas R, García I, Alarcon C, et al. Self-expanding metallic ureteral stents for treatment of ureteral stenosis after kidney transplantation. Transplant Proc. 2005;37:3828-9 pubmed..Nitinol ureteral stent implantation is an effective alternative for the treatment of ureteral stenosis in patients with chronic graft dysfunction or high surgical risk. ..
- Forteza A, Martin C, Centeno J, Lopez M, Perez E, de Diego J, et al. Acute type A aortic dissection: 18 years of experience in one center (Hospital 12 de Octubre). Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;9:426-30 pubmed publisher..05). Surgery for acute aortic dissection provides excellent results. ACP via the axillary artery improves the prognosis for these patients and should be the brain protection method of choice. ..
- Reyes G, Benedicto A, Bustamante J, Sarraj A, Nuche J, Alvarez P, et al. Restoration of atrial contractility after surgical cryoablation: clinical, electrical and mechanical results. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2009;9:609-12 pubmed publisher..Cryoablation for AF is an effective technique to recover electrocardiographic SR while being able to recover atrial contraction effectiveness. ..
- Sevilla P, Garcia Blanco F, Garcia Ramos J, Sanchez Cortes S. Aggregation of antitumoral drug emodin on Ag nanoparticles: SEF, SERS and fluorescence lifetime experiments. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2009;11:8342-8 pubmed publisher..We have also measured fluorescence lifetime, observing a shorter lifetime for emodin molecules near Ag nanoparticles than that for emodin solved in pure water, thus corroborating the results obtained in fluorescence emission spectra. ..
- Martin Fernandez B, de las Heras N, Miana M, Ballesteros S, Delgado C, Song S, et al. Structural, functional, and molecular alterations produced by aldosterone plus salt in rat heart: association with enhanced serum and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase-1 expression. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2011;57:114-21 pubmed publisher..SGK-1 might be a key mediator in the structural, functional, and molecular cardiac alterations induced by aldosterone + salt in rats. All the observed changes and mediators are related with the activation of mineralocorticoid receptors. ..
- Forman K, Vara E, GarcÃa C, Kireev R, Cuesta S, Escames G, et al. Effect of a combined treatment with growth hormone and melatonin in the cardiological aging on male SAMP8 mice. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2011;66:823-34 pubmed publisher..The combined treatment was able to partially reduce the incidence of these deleterious changes, showing differences with the separated treatments with GH and Mel as were investigated in previous articles from our group. ..
- Bernal A, San Martin N, Fernandez M, Covarello D, Molla F, Soldo A, et al. L-selectin and SDF-1 enhance the migration of mouse and human cardiac mesoangioblasts. Cell Death Differ. 2012;19:345-55 pubmed publisher..This study defines the requirements for efficient homing of cardiac mesoangioblasts to the damaged heart and offers a new potent tool to optimize efficiency of future cell therapy protocols for cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Villar J, Cabrera N, Valladares F, Casula M, Flores C, Blanch L, et al. Activation of the Wnt/?-catenin signaling pathway by mechanical ventilation is associated with ventilator-induced pulmonary fibrosis in healthy lungs. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23914 pubmed publisher..Modulation of this pathway might represent a therapeutic option for prevention and/or management of VILI. ..
- Serrano A, García F, Serrano M, Ramírez E, Alfaro F, Lora D, et al. IgA antibodies against ?2 glycoprotein I in hemodialysis patients are an independent risk factor for mortality. Kidney Int. 2012;81:1239-44 pubmed publisher..Thus, IgA antibodies to ?-glycoprotein I are detrimental to the clinical outcome of hemodialysis patients. ..
- Gutierrez E, Egido J, Rubio Navarro A, Buendía I, Blanco Colio L, Toldos O, et al. Oxidative stress, macrophage infiltration and CD163 expression are determinants of long-term renal outcome in macrohematuria-induced acute kidney injury of IgA nephropathy. Nephron Clin Pract. 2012;121:c42-53 pubmed publisher..These molecular pathways may be involved in the renal response to injury and could be useful to improve diagnosis and therapeutics. ..
- Colubi M, PÃ©rez ElÃas M, ElÃas L, Pumares M, Muriel A, Zamora A, et al. Missing scheduled visits in the outpatient clinic as a marker of short-term admissions and death. HIV Clin Trials. 2012;13:289-95 pubmed publisher..Missing scheduled visits was an independent predicting factor for hospital admission and mortality. It is warranted to monitor and implement resources to reduce missed appointments. ..
- Olza Fernández I, Marín Gabriel M, García Murillo L, Malalana Martinez A, Costarelli V, Millán Santos I. Mode of delivery may influence neonatal responsiveness to maternal separation. Early Hum Dev. 2013;89:339-42 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to determine the potential long-term implications of variations in mother-infant attachment during the first days of life. ..
- Ramos Cejudo J, Gutiérrez Fernández M, Rodríguez Frutos B, Expósito Alcaide M, Sanchez Cabo F, Dopazo A, et al. Spatial and temporal gene expression differences in core and periinfarct areas in experimental stroke: a microarray analysis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52121 pubmed publisher..This comprehensive study of gene regulation in the core and periinfarct areas at different times following permanent MCA occlusion provides new data that can be helpful in translational research. ..
- Abad Fernández M, Vallejo A, Hernandez Novoa B, Diaz L, Gutierrez C, Madrid N, et al. Correlation between different methods to measure microbial translocation and its association with immune activation in long-term suppressed HIV-1-infected individuals. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013;64:149-53 pubmed publisher..We are unable to ensure that MT directly triggers T-cell immune activation at least among these patients with relatively good immune recovery and under treatment intensification. ..
- Altamirano J, Miquel R, Katoonizadeh A, Abraldes J, Duarte Rojo A, Louvet A, et al. A histologic scoring system for prognosis of patients with alcoholic hepatitis. Gastroenterology. 2014;146:1231-9.e1-6 pubmed publisher..We identified histologic features associated with the severity of AH and developed a patient classification system that might be used in clinical decision making. ..
- MuÃ±oz P, Vena A, Valerio M, Ãlvarez UrÃa A, Guinea J, Escribano P, et al. Risk factors for late recurrent candidaemia. A retrospective matched case-control study. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2016;22:277.e11-20 pubmed publisher..Episodes of LR candidaemia that occur within the first 3 months should prompt an attempt to exclude an intravascular source of infection, whereas those occurring later point to an intra-abdominal origin. ..
- Dougados M, Sepriano A, Moltó A, van Lunteren M, Ramiro S, de Hooge M, et al. Sacroiliac radiographic progression in recent onset axial spondyloarthritis: the 5-year data of the DESIR cohort. Ann Rheum Dis. 2017;76:1823-1828 pubmed publisher..16 (95% CI 1.04 to 4.51)) patients. Five-year progression of X-SIJ damage in patients with recent onset axSpA is limited but present beyond measurement error. Baseline MRI-SIJ inflammation drives 5-year radiographic changes. ..
- Abril A, Salas M, Hermoso J. The in vivo function of phage phi29 nucleoid-associated protein p6 requires formation of dimers. Gene. 2002;296:187-94 pubmed..subtilis cells. We conclude that dimeric protein p6 is the active form of the protein in vivo, required for viral DNA replication. ..
- Sanchez Perez G, Gasset M, Calvete J, Pajares M. Role of an intrasubunit disulfide in the association state of the cytosolic homo-oligomer methionine adenosyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7285-93 pubmed..In addition, a kinetic intermediate in the MAT I dissociation to MAT III has been detected. The physiological importance of these results is discussed in light of the structural and regulatory data available. ..
- Pollan M, Varela G, Torres A, de la Torre M, Ludeña M, Ortega M, et al. Clinical value of p53, c-erbB-2, CEA and CA125 regarding relapse, metastasis and death in resectable non-small cell lung cancer. Int J Cancer. 2003;107:781-90 pubmed..They can add useful information regarding the complex nature of prognosis. ..
- García Bernal D, Wright N, Sotillo Mallo E, Nombela Arrieta C, Stein J, Bustelo X, et al. Vav1 and Rac control chemokine-promoted T lymphocyte adhesion mediated by the integrin alpha4beta1. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:3223-35 pubmed..These results indicate that activation of Vav1-Rac signaling pathway by CXCL12 represents an important inside-out event controlling efficient up-regulation of alpha4beta1-dependent T lymphocyte adhesion. ..
- Benito Peña E, Moreno Bondi M, Aparicio S, Orellana G, Cederfur J, Kempe M. Molecular engineering of fluorescent penicillins for molecularly imprinted polymer assays. Anal Chem. 2006;78:2019-27 pubmed..Other antibiotics, such as chloramphenicol, tetracycline, or cephapirin, do not compete with PAAP for binding to the imprinted polymer. The MI assay has successfully been tested for PenG analysis in a pharmaceutical formulation. ..
- Rojo A, Sagarra M, Cuadrado A. GSK-3beta down-regulates the transcription factor Nrf2 after oxidant damage: relevance to exposure of neuronal cells to oxidative stress. J Neurochem. 2008;105:192-202 pubmed
- Caronia D, Patino Garcia A, Milne R, Zalacain Díez M, Pita G, Alonso M, et al. Common variations in ERCC2 are associated with response to cisplatin chemotherapy and clinical outcome in osteosarcoma patients. Pharmacogenomics J. 2009;9:347-53 pubmed publisher..042). This is the first pharmacogenetic study focused on osteosarcoma treatment providing evidence that polymorphic variants in DNA repair genes could be useful predictors of response to cisplatin chemotherapy in osteosarcoma patients. ..
- Lasa M, Gil Araujo B, Palafox M, Aranda A. Thyroid hormone antagonizes tumor necrosis factor-alpha signaling in pituitary cells through the induction of dual specificity phosphatase 1. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:412-22 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that T(3) antagonizes TNFalpha signaling in rat pituitary tumor cells through the induction of DUSP1. ..
- Moreno S, Mocroft A, Monforte A. Medical and societal consequences of late presentation. Antivir Ther. 2010;15 Suppl 1:9-15 pubmed publisher..All of these factors highlight the benefit of earlier testing, diagnosis and treatment of HIV. ..