Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on swine in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Cordon Obras C, García Estébanez C, Ndong Mabale N, Abaga S, Ndongo Asumu P, Benito A, et al. Screening of Trypanosoma brucei gambiense in domestic livestock and tsetse flies from an insular endemic focus (Luba, Equatorial Guinea). PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2010;4:e704 pubmed publisher..In Luba, where domestic livestock are scarcer than other foci in mainland Equatorial Guinea, the epidemiological significance of wild fauna should be assessed to establish their role in the maintenance of the infection. ..
- Fernandez Pinero J, Gallardo C, Elizalde M, Robles A, Gomez C, Bishop R, et al. Molecular diagnosis of African Swine Fever by a new real-time PCR using universal probe library. Transbound Emerg Dis. 2013;60:48-58 pubmed publisher..Finally, the complete study offers a new validated real-time PCR technique, by means of a standardized commercial probe, providing a simple, rapid and affordable test, which is ready for application in the routine diagnosis of ASF...
- Barderas M, Rodriguez F, Gomez Puertas P, Aviles M, Beitia F, Alonso C, et al. Antigenic and immunogenic properties of a chimera of two immunodominant African swine fever virus proteins. Arch Virol. 2001;146:1681-91 pubmed
- Escors D, Camafeita E, Ortego J, Laude H, Enjuanes L. Organization of two transmissible gastroenteritis coronavirus membrane protein topologies within the virion and core. J Virol. 2001;75:12228-40 pubmed
- Hernández M, Barahona M, Recio P, Rivera L, Benedito S, Martinez A, et al. Heterogeneity of neuronal and smooth muscle receptors involved in the VIP- and PACAP-induced relaxations of the pig intravesical ureter. Br J Pharmacol. 2004;141:123-31 pubmed..Neuronal VPAC receptors localized at motor nerves and PAC(1) receptors placed at sensory nerves and coupled to NO release, seem also to be involved in the VIP and PACAP 38 relaxations. ..
- Heredia M, Delgado C, Pereira L, Perrier R, Richard S, Vassort G, et al. Neuropeptide Y rapidly enhances [Ca2+]i transients and Ca2+ sparks in adult rat ventricular myocytes through Y1 receptor and PLC activation. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2005;38:205-12 pubmed..In conclusion, we find that NPY has a positive inotropic effect in isolated rat cardiac myocytes, which involves increase in Ca2+ release after activation of Y1 NPY receptor and subsequent stimulation of PLC. ..
- Rodríguez Calvo T, Diaz San Segundo F, Sanz Ramos M, Sevilla N. A replication analysis of foot-and-mouth disease virus in swine lymphoid tissue might indicate a putative carrier stage in pigs. Vet Res. 2011;42:22 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that a "pseudopersistent state" may occur in pigs in which virus replicates in lymphoid tissues for a prolonged period of time, thereby representing a potential source of virus. ..
- Nus M, MacGrogan D, Martínez Poveda B, Benito Y, Casanova J, Fernandez Aviles F, et al. Diet-induced aortic valve disease in mice haploinsufficient for the Notch pathway effector RBPJK/CSL. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1580-8 pubmed publisher..Our data establish a genetic mouse model of calcific aortic valve disease and may help to identify a patient population with reduced valvular NOTCH signaling at risk for developing this disease. ..
- Pagán R, Martinez A, Hernández M, Martínez M, García Sacristán A, Correa C, et al. Endothelial and neural factors functionally involved in the modulation of noradrenergic vasoconstriction in healthy pig internal mammary artery. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;83:882-92 pubmed publisher..These results help clarify the mechanisms of vasospasm in IMA, as the preferred vessel for coronary bypass. ..
- Urbano J, López Herce J, Solana M, del Castillo J, Botrán M, Bellón J. Comparison of normal saline, hypertonic saline and hypertonic saline colloid resuscitation fluids in an infant animal model of hypovolemic shock. Resuscitation. 2012;83:1159-65 pubmed publisher..The aim of this study is to determine if in an infant animal model of hemorrhagic shock, the use of hypertonic fluids, as opposed to isotonic crystalloids, would improve global hemodynamic and perfusion parameters...
- Ruiz Capillas C, Triki M, Herrero A, Rodríguez Salas L, Jimenez Colmenero F. Konjac gel as pork backfat replacer in dry fermented sausages: processing and quality characteristics. Meat Sci. 2012;92:144-50 pubmed publisher..05) in cohesiveness. No differences were appreciated (P>0.05) in the presence of microorganisms as a result of the reformulation. The sensory panel considered that NF and RF products had acceptable sensory characteristics. ..
- Sánchez E, Quintas A, Pérez Núñez D, Nogal M, Barroso S, Carrascosa A, et al. African swine fever virus uses macropinocytosis to enter host cells. PLoS Pathog. 2012;8:e1002754 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study identifies for the first time the whole pathway for ASFV entry, including the key cellular factors required for the uptake of the virus and the cell signaling involved...
- Santos González M, Bertrán de Lis B, Tendillo Cortijo F. Effects of intramuscular alfaxalone alone or in combination with diazepam in swine. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2013;40:399-402 pubmed publisher..The combination might be useful for premedication, but volume of injectate will limit its use to small pigs. ..
- Saco Y, MartÃnez Lobo F, Cortey M, Pato R, PeÃ±a R, SegalÃ©s J, et al. C-reactive protein, haptoglobin and Pig-Major acute phase protein profiles of pigs infected experimentally by different isolates of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Vet Microbiol. 2016;183:9-15 pubmed publisher..Hp and CRP were significantly discriminatory between infected and control pigs, but not Pig-MAP. ..
- Olševskis E, Guberti V, Seržants M, Westergaard J, Gallardo C, Rodze I, et al. African swine fever virus introduction into the EU in 2014: Experience of Latvia. Res Vet Sci. 2016;105:28-30 pubmed publisher..The persistence of the infection in wild boar within an area was most probably linked to wild boar scavenging the carcasses of infected wild boar. ..
- Barcena J, Blasco R. Recombinant swinepox virus expressing beta-galactosidase: investigation of viral host range and gene expression levels in cell culture. Virology. 1998;243:396-405 pubmed..The data presented suggest that despite the strict host tropism of SPV, the virus exhibits a relatively broad host range in cell culture...
- Núñez J, Blanco E, Hernandez T, Dopazo J, Sobrino F. RT-PCR in foot-and-mouth disease diagnosis. Vet Q. 1998;20 Suppl 2:S34-6 pubmed..A combination of this approach with a simplified sample processing, carried out following direct adsorption of viral suspensions to microtiter plates, provides a rapid, reliable method of viral diagnosis. ..
- López López J, Perez Vizcaino F, Cogolludo A, Ibarra M, Zaragozá Arnáez F, Tamargo J. Nitric oxide- and nitric oxide donors-induced relaxation and its modulation by oxidative stress in piglet pulmonary arteries. Br J Pharmacol. 2001;133:615-24 pubmed..Therefore, the kinetics and local distribution of NO release of NO donors influence the susceptibility to the scavenging effects of oxyhaemoglobin and superoxide. ..
- Alonso S, Sola I, Teifke J, Reimann I, Izeta A, Balasch M, et al. In vitro and in vivo expression of foreign genes by transmissible gastroenteritis coronavirus-derived minigenomes. J Gen Virol. 2002;83:567-79 pubmed..The large cloning capacity and the tissue specificity of the TGEV-derived minigenomes suggest that these virus vectors are very promising for vaccine development. ..
- Fernandez A, Silio L, Rodriguez C, Ovilo C. Characterization of OCA2 cDNA in different porcine breeds and analysis of its potential effect on skin pigmentation in a red Iberian strain. Anim Genet. 2006;37:166-70 pubmed..Results from this study provide evidence of a suggestive dominant effect of haplotypes on colour intensity and indicate an important contribution of additive polygenic effects (h2 = 0.56 +/- 0.21) to the variance of this trait. ..
- Domínguez Bernal G, Tierrez A, Bartolomé A, Martínez Pulgarín S, Salguero F, Orden J, et al. Salmonella enterica serovar Choleraesuis derivatives harbouring deletions in rpoS and phoP regulatory genes are attenuated in pigs, and survive and multiply in porcine intestinal macrophages and fibroblasts, respectively. Vet Microbiol. 2008;130:298-311 pubmed publisher..Choleraesuis gather adequate features to be potential candidates for vaccine vectors for the specific delivery of heterologous antigens adapted to pigs. ..
- Fernandez Rodriguez A, Munoz M, Fernandez A, Pena R, Tomas A, Noguera J, et al. Differential gene expression in ovaries of pregnant pigs with high and low prolificacy levels and identification of candidate genes for litter size. Biol Reprod. 2011;84:299-307 pubmed publisher..As a result, we have identified 27 differentially expressed genes colocalizing with QTL for litter size traits, which fulfill the biological, positional, and functional criteria. ..
- Delgado Pando G, Cofrades S, Ruiz Capillas C, Triki M, Jimenez Colmenero F. Low-fat pork liver pâtés enriched with n-3 PUFA/konjac gel: dynamic rheological properties and technological behaviour during chill storage. Meat Sci. 2012;92:44-52 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the replacement of pork back fat by oil-in-water emulsion and the incorporation of konjac gel could provide a mixture of ingredients that effectively mimics the normal animal fat content in pâtés. ..
- Cruz J, Bécares M, Sola I, Oliveros J, Enjuanes L, Zúñiga S. Alphacoronavirus protein 7 modulates host innate immune response. J Virol. 2013;87:9754-67 pubmed publisher..In a porcine animal model, which is immunologically similar to humans, we present a novel example of how viral proteins counteract host antiviral pathways to determine the infection outcome and pathogenesis. ..
- Quintanilla J, Moreno J, Archondo T, Usandizaga E, Molina MorÃºa R, RodrÃguez Bobada C, et al. Increased intraventricular pressures are as harmful as the electrophysiological substrate of heart failure in favoring sustained reentry in the swine heart. Heart Rhythm. 2015;12:2172-83 pubmed publisher..The AA milieu contributed to a much lesser extent. Thus, a stricter control of IVP might be postulated as a useful add-on antiarrhythmic strategy in HF. ..
- Gómez Mauricio G, Moscoso I, Martín Cancho M, Crisostomo V, Prat Vidal C, Báez Díaz C, et al. Combined administration of mesenchymal stem cells overexpressing IGF-1 and HGF enhances neovascularization but moderately improves cardiac regeneration in a porcine model. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:94 pubmed publisher
- Núñez J, Blanco E, Hernandez T, Gómez Tejedor C, Martin M, Dopazo J, et al. A RT-PCR assay for the differential diagnosis of vesicular viral diseases of swine. J Virol Methods. 1998;72:227-35 pubmed..Thus, differential diagnosis of FMDV from SVDV and/or VSV can be carried out in a single RT-PCR reaction, using a rapid and simplified methodology...
- Romero de Avila M, Ordóñez J, de la Hoz L, Herrero A, Cambero M. Microbial transglutaminase for cold-set binding of unsalted/salted pork models and restructured dry ham. Meat Sci. 2010;84:747-54 pubmed publisher..Binding force increased (p<0.05) during 8 weeks of drying. Scanning electron microscopy analysis showed an increase of cross-links during the drying period of RDH related to the increase in binding force. ..
- Delgado Pando G, Cofrades S, Rodríguez Salas L, Jimenez Colmenero F. A healthier oil combination and konjac gel as functional ingredients in low-fat pork liver pâté. Meat Sci. 2011;88:241-8 pubmed publisher..No microbiological limitations were produced by the reformulation process, obtaining pâtés with acceptable sensory characteristics, similar to the control sample. ..
- Blanco E, Garcia Briones M, Sanz Parra A, Gomes P, de Oliveira E, Valero M, et al. Identification of T-cell epitopes in nonstructural proteins of foot-and-mouth disease virus. J Virol. 2001;75:3164-74 pubmed..Thus, inclusion in the peptide formulation of a T-cell epitope derived from the NSP 3A possessing the capacity to induce T helper activity can allow cooperative induction of anti-FMDV antibodies by B cells. ..
- Salcedo Sandoval L, Cofrades S, Ruiz Capillas Pérez C, Solas M, Jimenez Colmenero F. Healthier oils stabilized in konjac matrix as fat replacers in n-3 PUFA enriched frankfurters. Meat Sci. 2013;93:757-66 pubmed publisher..6 g of ALA/100 g and more than 80 mg of the sum of EPA plus DHA per 100 g, respectively. Chill storage over 40days generally had little effect on the technological characteristics of frankfurters. ..
- Rodriguez A, Saiz J, Novella I, Andreu D, Sobrino F. Antigenic specificity of porcine T cell response against foot-and-mouth disease virus structural proteins: identification of T helper epitopes in VP1. Virology. 1994;205:24-33 pubmed
- Hurtado C, Bustos M, Granja A, de Leon P, Sabina P, López Viñas E, et al. The African swine fever virus lectin EP153R modulates the surface membrane expression of MHC class I antigens. Arch Virol. 2011;156:219-34 pubmed publisher..Interference of EP153R gene expression during virus infection and studies using virus recombinants with the EP153R gene deleted further support the inhibitory role of the viral lectin on the expression of MHC-I antigens. ..
- Pignatelli J, Jimenez M, Luque J, Rejas M, Lavazza A, Rodriguez D. Molecular characterization of a new PToV strain. Evolutionary implications. Virus Res. 2009;143:33-43 pubmed publisher..The ELISA method developed in this work could be useful in future epidemiological surveys about toroviruses...
- Venteo A, Rebollo B, Sarraseca J, Rodriguez M, Sanz A. A novel double recognition enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay based on the nucleocapsid protein for early detection of European porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus infection. J Virol Methods. 2012;181:109-13 pubmed publisher..Further studies were carried out to assess the efficiency of the new assay, and the results showed DR-ELISA to be a sensitive and accurate method for early diagnosis of EU-PRRSV infection. ..
- Guisasola M, Desco M, Gonzalez F, Asensio F, Dulin E, Suarez A, et al. Heat shock proteins, end effectors of myocardium ischemic preconditioning?. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2006;11:250-8 pubmed..quot; ..
- Alvarez B, Poderoso T, Alonso F, Ezquerra A, Dominguez J, Revilla C. Antigen targeting to APC: from mice to veterinary species. Dev Comp Immunol. 2013;41:153-63 pubmed publisher..In this review, we summarize the data available regarding antigen targeting to APC receptors in cattle, sheep and pig and discuss the results found in these animals in the context of what has been obtained in mice. ..
- Ortego F, Sánchez Ramos I, Ruiz M, Castanera P. Characterization of proteases from a stored product mite, Tyrophagus putrescentiae. Arch Insect Biochem Physiol. 2000;43:116-24 pubmed..putrescentiae, a synergistic effect was observed that retarded development. Several plant lectins were also tested, but none affected development. ..
- Alamillo J, Monger W, Sola I, Garcia B, Perrin Y, Bestagno M, et al. Use of virus vectors for the expression in plants of active full-length and single chain anti-coronavirus antibodies. Biotechnol J. 2006;1:1103-11 pubmed..Oral administration of crude extracts from antibody-expressing plant tissue to 2-day-old piglets showed that both the alphaSIP and full-length IgA molecules can provide in vivo protection against TGEV. ..
- Martínez López B, Ivorra B, Ramos A, Sanchez Vizcaino J. A novel spatial and stochastic model to evaluate the within- and between-farm transmission of classical swine fever virus. I. General concepts and description of the model. Vet Microbiol. 2011;147:300-9 pubmed publisher..The model and results presented here may be useful for the decision making process and for the improvement of the prevention and control programmes for CSFV...
- GonzÃ¡lez Pizarro P, GarcÃa FernÃ¡ndez J, CanfrÃ¡n S, Gilsanz F. Neonatal Pneumothorax Pressures Surpass Higher Threshold in Lung Recruitment Maneuvers: An In Vivo Interventional Study. Respir Care. 2016;61:142-8 pubmed publisher..Hemodynamic impairment may occur with high driving pressures. More studies are needed to determine the exact hemodynamic impact of these procedures and pneumothorax PIP in poorly compliant lungs. ..
- Ranz A, Manclus J, Diaz Aroca E, Casal J. Porcine parvovirus: DNA sequence and genome organization. J Gen Virol. 1989;70 ( Pt 10):2541-53 pubmed..Therefore we conclude that PPV is related to the Kilham rat virus (KRV) group of autonomous parvoviruses formed by KRV, minute virus of mice, Lu III, H-1, FPV and CPV. ..
- Hernaez B, Alonso C. Dynamin- and clathrin-dependent endocytosis in African swine fever virus entry. J Virol. 2010;84:2100-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a dynamin-dependent and clathrin-mediated endocytic pathway of ASFV entry for the cell types and viral strains analyzed. ..
- Hern ndez Torres F, Rastrojo A, Aguado B. Intron retention and transcript chimerism conserved across mammals: Ly6g5b and Csnk2b-Ly6g5b as examples. BMC Genomics. 2013;14:199 pubmed publisher..Ly6g5b intron retention and Csnk2b-Ly6g5b transcript chimerism are broadly distributed in tissues of different mammals...
- Gomez del Moral M, Ortuño E, Fernandez Zapatero P, Alonso F, Alonso C, Ezquerra A, et al. African swine fever virus infection induces tumor necrosis factor alpha production: implications in pathogenesis. J Virol. 1999;73:2173-80 pubmed..These results suggest a relevant role for TNF-alpha in the pathogenesis of ASF...
- Santiago M, Sánchez A, López Herce J, Pérez R, del Castillo J, Urbano J, et al. The use of continuous renal replacement therapy in series with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. Kidney Int. 2009;76:1289-92 pubmed publisher..For these reasons, this may be a good method for performing CRRT in patients on ECMO. ..
- Henriques Gil N, Haro M, Izquierdo F, Fenoy S, del Aguila C. Phylogenetic approach to the variability of the microsporidian Enterocytozoon bieneusi and its implications for inter- and intrahost transmission. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:3333-42 pubmed publisher..Additionally, while not relevant for swine or cattle hosts, geography seems to be a relevant factor for human infection by E. bieneusi...
- Blanco E, Guerra B, de la Torre B, Defaus S, Dekker A, Andreu D, et al. Full protection of swine against foot-and-mouth disease by a bivalent B-cell epitope dendrimer peptide. Antiviral Res. 2016;129:74-80 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, B2T(mal) is also the most advantageous option in terms of synthetic practicality. Taken together, the results reported here point out to B2T(mal) as a highly valuable, cost-effective FMDV candidate vaccine. ..
- Suarez P, Diaz Guerra M, Prieto C, Esteban M, Castro J, Nieto A, et al. Open reading frame 5 of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus as a cause of virus-induced apoptosis. J Virol. 1996;70:2876-82 pubmed..Contrary to the observations made for other cases of virus-induced apoptosis, we could not prevent p25 protein-induced apoptosis by using a cell line permanently expressing Bcl-2 protein. ..
- Furieri L, Galán M, Avendaño M, Garcia Redondo A, Aguado A, Martinez S, et al. Endothelial dysfunction of rat coronary arteries after exposure to low concentrations of mercury is dependent on reactive oxygen species. Br J Pharmacol. 2011;162:1819-31 pubmed publisher..Exposure to mercury is known to increase cardiovascular risk but the underlying mechanisms are not well explored. We analysed whether chronic exposure to low mercury doses affects endothelial modulation of the coronary circulation...
- Camano S, Lazaro A, Moreno Gordaliza E, Torres A, de Lucas C, Humanes B, et al. Cilastatin attenuates cisplatin-induced proximal tubular cell damage. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;334:419-29 pubmed publisher..Therefore, cilastatin administration might represent a novel strategy in the prevention of cisplatin-induced acute renal injury. ..
- Meije Y, Tönjes R, Fishman J. Retroviral restriction factors and infectious risk in xenotransplantation. Am J Transplant. 2010;10:1511-6 pubmed publisher..The risks of PERV infection and the potential role of retroviral restriction factors in xenotransplantation are reviewed in detail. ..
- Carrillo C, Borca M, Moore D, Morgan D, Sobrino F. In vivo analysis of the stability and fitness of variants recovered from foot-and-mouth disease virus quasispecies. J Gen Virol. 1998;79 ( Pt 7):1699-706 pubmed..In contrast, lesions from swine co-infected with C-S8c1 and S-3T1 contained similar proportions of the two viruses. These results document fitness variations in vivo among components of the mutant spectrum of FMDV quasispecies. ..
- Vela A, Collins M, Lawson P, Garcia N, Dominguez L, Fernandez Garayzabal J. Uruburuella suis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from clinical specimens of pigs. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2005;55:643-7 pubmed..nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of U. suis is 1258/02(T) (=CCUG 47806(T)=CECT 5685(T))...
- Moreno L, Losada B, Cogolludo A, Lodi F, Lugnier C, Villamor E, et al. Postnatal maturation of phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) in piglet pulmonary arteries: activity, expression, effects of PDE5 inhibitors, and role of the nitric oxide/cyclic GMP pathway. Pediatr Res. 2004;56:563-70 pubmed..However, PDE5 is not responsible for the maturational increase of NO bioactivity during the first days of extrauterine life. ..
- de Blas G, Burgos J, Regidor I, Barrios C, Solá R, García Urquiza S, et al. Recording diffusion responses from contralateral intercostal muscles after stimulus-triggered electromyography: refining a tool for the assessment of thoracic pedicle screw placement in an experimental porcine model. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2009;34:E391-6 pubmed publisher..A new stimulus-triggered electromyography (EMG) test for detecting stimulus diffusion to contralateral intercostal muscles during thoracic pedicle screw placement was assessed in a porcine model...
- Birkenfeld J, de Castro A, Ortiz S, Pascual D, Marcos S. Contribution of the gradient refractive index and shape to the crystalline lens spherical aberration and astigmatism. Vision Res. 2013;86:27-34 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this study is the first systematic experimental study of the relative contribution of geometry and GRIN to the aberrations in a mammal lens...
- Kling S, Marcos S. Contributing factors to corneal deformation in air puff measurements. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:5078-85 pubmed publisher..65), indicating a change in the viscoelastic properties with treatment. Corneal deformation following an air puff allows the measurement of dynamic properties, which are essential for the characterization of corneal biomechanics. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez CarriÃ³n E, Ivorra B, MartÃnez LÃ³pez B, Ramos A, SÃ¡nchez VizcaÃno J. Implementation and validation of an economic module in the Be-FAST model to predict costs generated by livestock disease epidemics: Application to classical swine fever epidemics in Spain. Prev Vet Med. 2016;126:66-73 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that our economic module may be useful for analysing and predicting economic consequences of livestock disease epidemics. ..
- Veiga E, De Lorenzo V, Fernández L. Neutralization of enteric coronaviruses with Escherichia coli cells expressing single-chain Fv-autotransporter fusions. J Virol. 2003;77:13396-8 pubmed..This result raises prospects for antiviral strategies aimed at hindering the entry into target cells by bacteria that naturally colonize the same intestinal niches. ..
- Sánchez Aparicio M, Rosas M, Ferraz R, Delgui L, Veloso J, Blanco E, et al. Discriminating foot-and-mouth disease virus-infected and vaccinated animals by use of beta-galactosidase allosteric biosensors. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:1228-35 pubmed publisher..These FMDV infection-specific biosensors can provide an effective and versatile alternative for the serological distinction of FMDV-infected animals. ..
- Sanchez Torres C, Gomez Puertas P, Gomez del Moral M, Alonso F, Escribano J, Ezquerra A, et al. Expression of porcine CD163 on monocytes/macrophages correlates with permissiveness to African swine fever infection. Arch Virol. 2003;148:2307-23 pubmed..Altogether, these results strongly suggest a role of CD163 in the process of infection of porcine monocytes/macrophages by ASFV...
- Garcimartín A, López Oliva M, Sántos López J, Garcia Fernandez R, Macho González A, Bastida S, et al. Silicon Alleviates Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis by Reducing Apoptosis in Aged Wistar Rats Fed a High-Saturated Fat, High-Cholesterol Diet. J Nutr. 2017;147:1104-1112 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that silicon-enriched RP could be used as an effective nutritional strategy in preventing NASH. ..
- Rodriguez S, Bezos J, Romero B, de Juan L, Alvarez J, Castellanos E, et al. Mycobacterium caprae infection in livestock and wildlife, Spain. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:532-5 pubmed publisher..Results suggest infection is widespread in Spain, affecting 6 domestic and wild animal species. The epidemiology is driven by infections in caprids, although the organism has emerged in cattle. ..
- Gonzalez Bulnes A, Astiz S, Encinas T, Gonzalez Añover P, Perez Solana M, Sanchez Sanchez R, et al. Characterization of a distinctive pattern of periovulatory leptin secretion and its relationship with ovulation rate and luteal function in swine with obesity/leptin resistance. Peptides. 2012;37:290-3 pubmed publisher
- Gallardo C, Soler A, Nieto R, Carrascosa A, De Mia G, Bishop R, et al. Comparative evaluation of novel African swine fever virus (ASF) antibody detection techniques derived from specific ASF viral genotypes with the OIE internationally prescribed serological tests. Vet Microbiol. 2013;162:32-43 pubmed publisher..We therefore conclude that the lack of success is not attributable to antigenic polymorphism and may be related to the specific characteristics of the local breeds African pigs...
- Lopez Fernandez C, Pérez Llano B, Garcia Casado P, Sala R, Gosalbez A, Arroyo F, et al. Sperm DNA fragmentation in a random sample of the Spanish boar livestock. Anim Reprod Sci. 2008;103:87-98 pubmed..However, the presence of proximal cytoplasmic droplets showed a significant correlation with the level of DNA fragmentation observed in the ejaculated spermatozoa. ..
- Vela A, Garcia N, Latre M, Casamayor A, Sanchez Porro C, Briones V, et al. Aerococcus suis sp. nov., isolated from clinical specimens from swine. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2007;57:1291-4 pubmed..nov. is proposed. The type strain is 1821/02(T) (=CECT 7139(T)=CCUG 52530(T)). ..
- Trigueros Motos L, GonzÃ¡lez Granado J, Cheung C, FernÃ¡ndez P, SÃ¡nchez Cabo F, Dopazo A, et al. Embryological-origin-dependent differences in homeobox expression in adult aorta: role in regional phenotypic variability and regulation of NF-ÎºB activity. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:1248-56 pubmed publisher
- Humanes B, Lazaro A, Camano S, Moreno Gordaliza E, Lazaro J, Blanco Codesido M, et al. Cilastatin protects against cisplatin-induced nephrotoxicity without compromising its anticancer efficiency in rats. Kidney Int. 2012;82:652-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, cilastatin has the potential to prevent cisplatin nephrotoxicity without compromising its anticancer efficacy. ..
- Cubillos C, de la Torre B, Jakab A, Clementi G, Borras E, Bárcena J, et al. Enhanced mucosal immunoglobulin A response and solid protection against foot-and-mouth disease virus challenge induced by a novel dendrimeric peptide. J Virol. 2008;82:7223-30 pubmed publisher..Dendrimeric designs of this type may hold substantial promise for peptide subunit vaccine development. ..
- Gallardo C, Reis A, Kalema Zikusoka G, Malta J, Soler A, Blanco E, et al. Recombinant antigen targets for serodiagnosis of African swine fever. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2009;16:1012-20 pubmed publisher..Thus, recombinant ASFV proteins p54, pB602L, and pK205R provide sensitive and specific targets for the detection of antibodies in European and West African domestic pigs and warthogs...
- Kling S, Remon L, Pérez Escudero A, Merayo Lloves J, Marcos S. Corneal biomechanical changes after collagen cross-linking from porcine eye inflation experiments. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3961-8 pubmed publisher..The apparent biomechanical anisotropy of pig corneas must be confirmed in humans. ..
- Diaz San Segundo F, Rodríguez Calvo T, de Avila A, Sevilla N. Immunosuppression during acute infection with foot-and-mouth disease virus in swine is mediated by IL-10. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5659 pubmed publisher..This reduction of T cell activity may result in a more potent induction of neutralizing antibody responses, clearing the viral infection. ..
- Kling S, Marcos S. Effect of hydration state and storage media on corneal biomechanical response from in vitro inflation tests. J Refract Surg. 2013;29:490-7 pubmed publisher..Dextran instillation decreased corneal thickness on average to 56.5% at 0 hours and 72.7% at 24 hours. Corneal hydration and tissue preservation changed corneal biomechanics, in particular its relaxation over a period of 24 hours. ..
- Moreno L, Gonzalez Luis G, Cogolludo A, Lodi F, Lopez Farre A, Tamargo J, et al. Soluble guanylyl cyclase during postnatal porcine pulmonary maturation. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2005;288:L125-30 pubmed
- Plasencia I, Keough K, Perez Gil J. Interaction of the N-terminal segment of pulmonary surfactant protein SP-C with interfacial phospholipid films. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1713:118-28 pubmed..This effect has been related with the ability of SP-C to facilitate reinsertion of surface active lipid molecules into the lung interface during respiratory compression-expansion cycling. ..
- López Andreo M, Garrido Pertierra A, Puyet A. Evaluation of post-polymerase chain reaction melting temperature analysis for meat species identification in mixed DNA samples. J Agric Food Chem. 2006;54:7973-8 pubmed
- Alvarez B, Sanchez C, Bullido R, Marina A, Lunney J, Alonso F, et al. A porcine cell surface receptor identified by monoclonal antibodies to SWC3 is a member of the signal regulatory protein family and associates with protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. Tissue Antigens. 2000;55:342-51 pubmed..Like other members of this family, after treatment with sodium pervanadate, SWC3 became phosphorylated in tyrosines, and associated with the protein-tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1. ..
- Redrejo Rodríguez M, García Escudero R, Yáñez Muñoz R, Salas M, Salas J. African swine fever virus protein pE296R is a DNA repair apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease required for virus growth in swine macrophages. J Virol. 2006;80:4847-57 pubmed..This finding supports the existence of a viral reparative system to maintain virus viability in the infected macrophage...
- Sanchez C, Domenech N, Vazquez J, Alonso F, Ezquerra A, Dominguez J. The porcine 2A10 antigen is homologous to human CD163 and related to macrophage differentiation. J Immunol. 1999;162:5230-7 pubmed..These results indicate that 2A10+ monocytes could constitute a cell population in a more advanced maturation stage than 2A10- circulating monocytes. ..
- Rodriguez E, Arqués J, Rodriguez R, Nunez M, Medina M. Reuterin production by lactobacilli isolated from pig faeces and evaluation of probiotic traits. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2003;37:259-63 pubmed..To determine the production of reuterin by lactobacilli isolates from pig faeces and to evaluate their potential as probiotic bacteria...
- Hurtado C, Granja A, Bustos M, Nogal M, González de Buitrago G, de Yebenes V, et al. The C-type lectin homologue gene (EP153R) of African swine fever virus inhibits apoptosis both in virus infection and in heterologous expression. Virology. 2004;326:160-70 pubmed..This is to our knowledge the first description of a viral C-type lectin with anti-apoptotic properties...
- Blanco I, Galina Pantoja L, Oliveira S, Pijoan C, Sanchez C, Canals A. Comparison between Haemophilus parasuis infection in colostrums-deprived and sow-reared piglets. Vet Microbiol. 2004;103:21-7 pubmed..parasuis were detected. The experimental infection using CD pigs describes a successful method to study this microorganism and confirms the important role that maternal antibodies play in protection against clinical signs and disease...
- Jiménez de Oya N, Galindo I, Gironés O, Duizer E, Escribano J, Saiz J. Serological immunoassay for detection of hepatitis E virus on the basis of genotype 3 open reading frame 2 recombinant proteins produced in Trichoplusia ni larvae. J Clin Microbiol. 2009;47:3276-82 pubmed publisher..These recombinant HEV genotype 3 ORF-2 proteins might be added to diagnostic kits containing HEV genotype 1 and 2 antigens in order to develop a broadly sensitive new tool for the diagnosis of hepatitis E. ..
- García Septien J, Lorente J, Delgado M, De Paula M, Nin N, Moscoso A, et al. Levosimendan increases portal blood flow and attenuates intestinal intramucosal acidosis in experimental septic shock. Shock. 2010;34:275-80 pubmed publisher..Treatment with levosimendan in this animal model of sepsis attenuated pulmonary vasoconstriction and improved portal blood flow, intestinal mucosal oxygenation, pulmonary function, and vascular reactivity. ..
- Tejedor J, Vela A, Gibello A, Casamayor A, Dominguez L, Fernandez Garayzabal J. A genetic comparison of pig, cow and trout isolates of Lactococcus garvieae by PFGE analysis. Lett Appl Microbiol. 2011;53:614-9 pubmed publisher..Genetic comparison of Lactococcus garvieae isolated from mammals and fish...