Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on species specificity in Murcia, Spain
Locale: Murcia, Spain
Topic: species specificity
- Yague G, Segovia M, Valero Guillén P. Phospholipid composition of several clinically relevant Corynebacterium species as determined by mass spectrometry: an unusual fatty acyl moiety is present in inositol-containing phospholipids of Corynebacterium urealyticum. Microbiology. 2003;149:1675-85 pubmed..urealyticum. ..
- García Castillo J, Chaves Pozo E, Olivares P, Pelegrin P, Meseguer J, Mulero V. The tumor necrosis factor alpha of the bony fish seabream exhibits the in vivo proinflammatory and proliferative activities of its mammalian counterparts, yet it functions in a species-specific manner. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2004;61:1331-40 pubmed..Interestingly, sbTNF alpha was able to induce a strong proliferation of HK cells in vitro, whereas human TNF alpha did not. Conversely, sbTNF alpha was not cytotoxic for murine L929 fibroblasts. ..
- Cayuela M, Elías Arnanz M, Peñalver Mellado M, Padmanabhan S, Murillo F. The Stigmatella aurantiaca homolog of Myxococcus xanthus high-mobility-group A-type transcription factor CarD: insights into the functional modules of CarD and their distribution in bacteria. J Bacteriol. 2003;185:3527-37 pubmed..Whereas a number of hypothetical proteins homologous to the N-terminal region occur in a diverse array of bacterial species, eukaryotic HMGA-type domains appear to be confined primarily to myxobacteria...
- Pallas V, Sánchez Navarro J, Diez J. In vitro evidence for RNA binding properties of the coat protein of prunus necrotic ringspot ilarvirus and their comparison to related and unrelated viruses. Arch Virol. 1999;144:797-803 pubmed..Finally the CP of carnation mottle carmovirus, that has an intermediate position in which both RNA-protein and protein-protein interactions are equally important showed a salt-dependent RNA binding...
- Sanchez Bahillo M, Garcia Marcos L, Martinez Torres A, Perez Fernandez V, Sanchez Solis M. Concordance of lateral flow and skin prick tests in the assessment of allergen sensitisation in the epidemiological field in children. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;152:378-83 pubmed publisher..Concordance between LFT and skin-prick test (SPT) has not been assessed in epidemiological studies. The aim of this study is to determine LFT-SPT concordance in this field...
- Dominguez Perles R, Martínez Ballesta M, Carvajal M, García Viguera C, Moreno D. Broccoli-derived by-products--a promising source of bioactive ingredients. J Food Sci. 2010;75:C383-92 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the aim of this study was to add value to the broccoli-derived by-products, since recycling all this agrowaste to obtain bioactive ingredients for industry can boost profits and reduce costs and environmental problems. ..
- Aviles M, Gutierrez Adan A, Coy P. Oviductal secretions: will they be key factors for the future ARTs?. Mol Hum Reprod. 2010;16:896-906 pubmed publisher..Finally, attention should be given to the presence in the oviductal fluid of several embryotrophic factors and their importance in relation to the in vivo versus in vitro developmental ability of the embryos...
- Mena P, García Viguera C, Navarro Rico J, Moreno D, Bartual J, Saura D, et al. Phytochemical characterisation for industrial use of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) cultivars grown in Spain. J Sci Food Agric. 2011;91:1893-906 pubmed publisher..These useful results can be employed by the juice processing industry to select those properties more interesting for the development of pomegranate juices that are organoleptically attractive and rich in bioactive compounds. ..
- Agulló Antón M, Olmos E, Perez Perez J, Acosta M. Evaluation of ploidy level and endoreduplication in carnation (Dianthus spp.). Plant Sci. 2013;201-202:1-11 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a positive correlation between ploidy, cell size and petal size in cultivated carnation, which should be considered in breeding programs aimed to obtain new varieties with large flowers...