Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phylogeny in Murcia, Spain
Locale: Murcia, Spain
- Sánchez Carrón G, García García M, Zapata Perez R, Takami H, Garcia Carmona F, Sanchez Ferrer A. Biochemical and mutational analysis of a novel nicotinamidase from Oceanobacillus iheyensis HTE831. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56727 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis revealed that OiNIC is the first nicotinamidase described for the order Bacillales. ..
- Lopez Castejon G, Sepulcre M, Roca F, Castellana B, Planas J, Meseguer J, et al. The type II interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1RII) of the bony fish gilthead seabream Sparus aurata is strongly induced after infection and tightly regulated at transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2772-80 pubmed..Finally, the seabream IL-1RII was localized in the plasma membrane when expressed in HEK293 cells and was able to bind IL-1beta. ..
- Nieto C, Rodriguez Moreno L, Rodríguez Hernández A, Aranda M, Truniger V. Nicotiana benthamiana resistance to non-adapted Melon necrotic spot virus results from an incompatible interaction between virus RNA and translation initiation factor 4E. Plant J. 2011;66:492-501 pubmed publisher..Therefore, non-host resistance conferred by the inability of a host susceptibility factor to support viral multiplication may be a possible mechanism for this type of resistance to viruses...
- Alguacil M, Torrecillas E, Hernández G, Roldán A. Changes in the diversity of soil arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi after cultivation for biofuel production in a Guantanamo (Cuba) tropical system. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34887 pubmed publisher..Thus, R. communis soil showed higher AMF diversity than J. curcas soil. In conclusion, R. communis could be more suitable for the long-term conservation and sustainable management of these tropical ecosytems. ..
- Navarro Ródenas A, Bárzana G, Nicolás E, Carra A, Schubert A, Morte A. Expression analysis of aquaporins from desert truffle mycorrhizal symbiosis reveals a fine-tuned regulation under drought. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2013;26:1068-78 pubmed publisher..The combination of a high intracellular colonization, together with the fine-tuned expression of aquaporins could result in a morphophysiological adaptation of this symbiosis to drought conditions. ..
- Zapata Perez R, Martínez Moñino A, García Saura A, Cabanes J, Takami H, Sanchez Ferrer A. Biochemical characterization of a new nicotinamidase from an unclassified bacterium thriving in a geothermal water stream microbial mat community. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181561 pubmed publisher..All these characteristics, together with its high pH- and thermal stability, distinguish UbNic from previously described nicotinamidases, and suggest that a wide diversity of enzymes remains to be discovered in extreme environments. ..
- Herrero Medrano J, Megens H, Crooijmans R, Abellaneda J, Ramis G. Farm-by-farm analysis of microsatellite, mtDNA and SNP genotype data reveals inbreeding and crossbreeding as threats to the survival of a native Spanish pig breed. Anim Genet. 2013;44:259-66 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study demonstrates that identifying farm-based practices and farm-based breeding stocks can aid in the design of a sustainable breeding program for minority breeds. ..
- Munoz I, Sepulcre M, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Molecular cloning, phylogenetic analysis and functional characterization of soluble Toll-like receptor 5 in gilthead seabream, Sparus aurata. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2013;35:36-45 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these results suggest that sbTLR5S plays an important role in modulating the flagellin-mediated immune response in seabream. ..
- Stetson I, Izquierdo Rico M, Moros C, Chevret P, Lorenzo P, Ballesta J, et al. Rabbit zona pellucida composition: a molecular, proteomic and phylogenetic approach. J Proteomics. 2012;75:5920-35 pubmed publisher..The data presented in this manuscript provide evidence, for the first time, that the rabbit ZP is composed of four glycoproteins...
- Sánchez Navarro J, Pallas V. Evolutionary relationships in the ilarviruses: nucleotide sequence of prunus necrotic ringspot virus RNA 3. Arch Virol. 1997;142:749-63 pubmed..In that sense, A1MV should be considered as a true ilarvirus instead of forming a distinct group of viruses...
- Cuesta A, Meseguer J, Esteban M. Molecular and functional characterization of the gilthead seabream ?-defensin demonstrate its chemotactic and antimicrobial activity. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:1432-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies will elucidate the existence of other BD genes and their implications on the seabream defense against bacteria and virus. ..
- Borrero Pérez G, Gómez Zurita J, González Wangüemert M, Marcos C, Pérez Ruzafa A. Molecular systematics of the genus Holothuria in the Mediterranean and Northeastern Atlantic and a molecular clock for the diversification of the Holothuriidae (Echinodermata: Holothuroidea). Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2010;57:899-906 pubmed publisher..There are at least three species with an apparent long evolutionary history, H. forskali, H. sanctori and H. impatiens and six species belonging to Holothuria, Roweothuria and Vaneyothuria, which have diverged relatively recently. ..
- Izquierdo Rico M, Jimenez Movilla M, Llop E, Perez Oliva A, Ballesta J, Gutierrez Gallego R, et al. Hamster zona pellucida is formed by four glycoproteins: ZP1, ZP2, ZP3, and ZP4. J Proteome Res. 2009;8:926-41 pubmed publisher..The data presented in this study provide evidence, for the first time, that the hamster ZP matrix is composed of four glycoproteins...
- Lopez Castejon G, Sepulcre M, Mulero I, Pelegrin P, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Molecular and functional characterization of gilthead seabream Sparus aurata caspase-1: the first identification of an inflammatory caspase in fish. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:49-57 pubmed..Finally, seabream fibroblast cell line SAF-1 and primary leukocytes showed endogenous caspase-1 activity, which was almost completely inhibited by a caspase-1 specific inhibitor. ..
- Cañizares M, Marcos J, Pallas V. Molecular variability of twenty-one geographically distinct isolates of Carnation mottle virus (CarMV) and phylogenetic relationships within the Tombusviridae family. Arch Virol. 2001;146:2039-51 pubmed..In addition, this perfect covariation allows to segregate the 23 CarMV isolates characterised so far into two main groups that we propose to name as group PK and group AN for further studies...
- Muro M, Marin L, Torio A, Moya Quiles M, Minguela A, Rosique Roman J, et al. HLA polymorphism in the Murcia population (Spain): in the cradle of the archaeologic Iberians. Hum Immunol. 2001;62:910-21 pubmed..Thus, Murcian population seems to belong to the European genetic pool, revealing a lesser genetic distance with the North Africans and the rest of populations from the Iberian Peninsula. ..
- Amari K, Gomez G, Myrta A, Di Terlizzi B, Pallas V. The molecular characterization of 16 new sequence variants of Hop stunt viroid reveals the existence of invariable regions and a conserved hammerhead-like structure on the viroid molecule. J Gen Virol. 2001;82:953-62 pubmed..Interestingly, a hammerhead-like sequence was found within the T(R) domain of HSVd and it was strictly conserved in all the sequence variants. The evolutionary implications of the presence of this motif on the HSVd are discussed...
- Muries B, Faize M, Carvajal M. Identification and differential induction of the expression of aquaporins by salinity in broccoli plants. Mol Biosyst. 2011;7:1322-35 pubmed publisher..Therefore, transcript levels, protein abundance determination and the integrated hydraulic architecture of the roots must be considered in order to interpret the response of broccoli to salinity...
- Mulero I, Sepulcre M, Meseguer J, García Ayala A, Mulero V. Histamine is stored in mast cells of most evolutionarily advanced fish and regulates the fish inflammatory response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:19434-9 pubmed..This same feature seems to have developed independently in Perciform fish much more recently in the Lower Eocene, between 55 and 45 million years ago, a short period during which the great majority of Percomorph families appeared. ..