Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on parathyroid hormone related protein in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Topic: parathyroid hormone related protein
- Martin Ventura J, Blanco Colio L, Aparicio C, Ortega L, Esbrit P, Egido J. LDL induces parathyroid hormone-related protein expression in vascular smooth muscle cells: Modulation by simvastatin. Atherosclerosis. 2008;198:264-71 pubmed publisher..LDL might be responsible for PTHrP overexpression in atherosclerotic plaques of hyperlipidemic rabbits. The inhibition of this effect by simvastatin provides further insights into the mechanisms of action of statins. ..
- Portal Núñez S, Lozano D, de Castro L, de Gortázar A, Nogues X, Esbrit P. Alterations of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway and its target genes for the N- and C-terminal domains of parathyroid hormone-related protein in bone from diabetic mice. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3095-100 pubmed publisher..Our data show that both N- and C-terminal parathyroid hormone-related peptide fragments might exert osteogenic effects in this setting by targeting several genes of this pathway and increasing beta-catenin in osteoblastic cells. ..
- Martinez M, Garcia Ocana A, Sanchez M, Medina S, del Campo T, Valin A, et al. C-terminal parathyroid hormone-related protein inhibits proliferation and differentiation of human osteoblast-like cells. J Bone Miner Res. 1997;12:778-85 pubmed..These findings suggest that PTHrP may act as a local regulator of bone formation. ..
- Ardura J, Rayego Mateos S, Rámila D, Ruiz Ortega M, Esbrit P. Parathyroid hormone-related protein promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:237-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that PTHrP, TGF-beta, EGF, and VEGF might cooperate through activation of ERK1/2 to induce EMT in renal tubuloepithelial cells. ..
- Alonso V, de Gortázar A, Ardura J, Andrade Zapata I, Alvarez Arroyo M, Esbrit P. Parathyroid hormone-related protein (107-139) increases human osteoblastic cell survival by activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2. J Cell Physiol. 2008;217:717-27 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that PTHrP (107-139) interacts with VEGFR-2 to promote human osteoblastic cell survival by a mechanism involving Runx2 activation. ..
- Ardura J, Berruguete R, Rámila D, Alvarez Arroyo M, Esbrit P. Parathyroid hormone-related protein interacts with vascular endothelial growth factor to promote fibrogenesis in the obstructed mouse kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;295:F415-25 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings strongly suggest that VEGF acts as an important mediator of PTHrP to promote fibrogenesis in the obstructed kidney. ..
- Romero Prado M, Blazquez C, Rodríguez Navas C, Muñoz J, Guerrero I, Delgado Baeza E, et al. Functional characterization of human mesenchymal stem cells that maintain osteochondral fates. J Cell Biochem. 2006;98:1457-70 pubmed..These specific cellular conditions match those observed during endochondral bone formation. ..
- Duran A, Serrano M, Leitges M, Flores J, Picard S, Brown J, et al. The atypical PKC-interacting protein p62 is an important mediator of RANK-activated osteoclastogenesis. Dev Cell. 2004;6:303-9 pubmed..These observations demonstrate that p62 is an important mediator during osteoclastogenesis and induced bone remodeling. ..
- Guillen C, Martinez P, de Gortázar A, Martínez M, Esbrit P. Both N- and C-terminal domains of parathyroid hormone-related protein increase interleukin-6 by nuclear factor-kappa B activation in osteoblastic cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28109-17 pubmed..These studies also provide further insights into the putative role of PTHrP as a modulator of bone remodeling. ..