Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on organ specificity in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Topic: organ specificity
- Guizy M, David M, Arias C, Zhang L, Cofan M, Ruiz Gutierrez V, et al. Modulation of the atrial specific Kv1.5 channel by the n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2008;44:323-35 pubmed..Together, these effects suggest that the antiarrhythmic potential of diets enriched with plant-derived n-3 PUFA result, in part, from direct effects on cardiac ion channels. ..
- Fabregat I, Koch K, Aoki T, Atkinson A, Dang H, Amosova O, et al. Functional pleiotropy of an intramolecular triplex-forming fragment from the 3'-UTR of the rat Pigr gene. Physiol Genomics. 2001;5:53-65 pubmed..Intramolecular triplexes stabilized by supercoiling and secondary structures of purine repeat-rich mRNAs may also confer regulatory properties to similar genomic elements. ..
- Luscieti S, Galy B, Gutierrez L, Reinke M, Couso J, Shvartsman M, et al. The actin-binding protein profilin 2 is a novel regulator of iron homeostasis. Blood. 2017;130:1934-1945 pubmed publisher..Splenic ferroportin was increased probably to sustain hematopoiesis. Overall, our results indicate that Pfn2 expression is controlled by the IRPs in vivo and that Pfn2 contributes to maintaining iron homeostasis in cell lines and mice. ..
- Ligos J, Gerwin N, Fernandez P, Gutierrez Ramos J, Bernad A. Cloning, expression analysis, and functional characterization of PKL12, a member of a new subfamily of ser/thr kinases. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1998;249:380-4 pubmed..RT-PCR analysis of several cell lines also supports this view, therefore suggesting that PKL12 may play a role in a very general cellular function, probably related with the secretory pathway. ..
- Pozo M, Rodriguez Rodriguez R, Ramirez S, Seoane Collazo P, Lopez M, Serra D, et al. Hypothalamic Regulation of Liver and Muscle Nutrient Partitioning by Brain-Specific Carnitine Palmitoyltransferase 1C in Male Mice. Endocrinology. 2017;158:2226-2238 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data demonstrate that CPT1C in the MBH is necessary for proper hypothalamic sensing of a negative energy balance and fuel partitioning in liver and muscle. ..
- Rius C, Smith J, Almendro N, Langa C, Botella L, Marchuk D, et al. Cloning of the promoter region of human endoglin, the target gene for hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia type 1. Blood. 1998;92:4677-90 pubmed..Isolation and characterization of the human endoglin promoter represents an initial step in elucidating the controlled expression of the endoglin gene. ..
- Tinoco A, Nisembaum L, Isorna E, Delgado M, de Pedro N. Leptins and leptin receptor expression in the goldfish (Carassius auratus). Regulation by food intake and fasting/overfeeding conditions. Peptides. 2012;34:329-35 pubmed publisher..The widespread distribution of leptins and leptin receptor in goldfish strongly supports that this hormone may have pleitropic actions in fish...
- Pereira García Melo D, Regidor Cerrillo J, Collantes Fernandez E, Aguado Martínez A, del Pozo I, Minguijon E, et al. Pathogenic characterization in mice of Neospora caninum isolates obtained from asymptomatic calves. Parasitology. 2010;137:1057-68 pubmed publisher..These results confirm the intra-species variability of N. caninum pathogenicity...
- Kondo T, Isono K, Kondo K, Endo T, Itohara S, Vidal M, et al. Polycomb potentiates meis2 activation in midbrain by mediating interaction of the promoter with a tissue-specific enhancer. Dev Cell. 2014;28:94-101 pubmed publisher..This study therefore demonstrates that PcG and/or related factors play a role in Meis2 activation by regulating the topological transition of cis-regulatory elements. ..
- Guijarro M, Leal J, Fominaya J, Blanco Aparicio C, Alonso S, Lleonart M, et al. MAP17 overexpression is a common characteristic of carcinomas. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1646-52 pubmed..Taken together, our data show an independent activation of MAP17 promoter that can be driven by oncogenes and that might explain the common overexpression of MAP17 in human carcinomas. ..
- Martín Villar E, Scholl F, Gamallo C, Yurrita M, Muñoz Guerra M, Cruces J, et al. Characterization of human PA2.26 antigen (T1alpha-2, podoplanin), a small membrane mucin induced in oral squamous cell carcinomas. Int J Cancer. 2005;113:899-910 pubmed..These results point to PA2.26 as a novel biomarker for oral squamous cell carcinomas that might be involved in migration/invasion. ..
- Arce I, Martínez Muñoz L, Roda Navarro P, Fernández Ruiz E. The human C-type lectin CLECSF8 is a novel monocyte/macrophage endocytic receptor. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:210-20 pubmed..Biochemical analysis of CLECSF8 on transiently transfected cells showed a glycoprotein of 30 kDa. Cross-linking of the receptor leads to a rapid internalization suggesting that CLECSF8 constitutes and endocytic receptor. ..
- Marazuela M, Acevedo A, García López M, Adrados M, de Marco M, Alonso M. Expression of MAL2, an integral protein component of the machinery for basolateral-to-apical transcytosis, in human epithelia. J Histochem Cytochem. 2004;52:243-52 pubmed..Our results allow the prediction of the existence of MAL2-based trafficking pathways in specific cell types and suggest applications of the anti-MAL2 antibody for the characterization of neoplastic tissue. ..
- Castro R, Bromage E, Ab s B, Pignatelli J, Gonz lez Granja A, Luque A, et al. CCR7 is mainly expressed in teleost gills, where it defines an IgD+IgM- B lymphocyte subset. J Immunol. 2014;192:1257-66 pubmed publisher..These results provide evidence of the presence of a novel memIgD(+)memIgM(-) B lymphocyte subset in trout that expresses memCCR7 and responds to viral infections. Similarities with IgD(+)IgM(-) subsets in mammals are discussed...
- Pichel J, Fernández Moreno C, Vicario Abejón C, Testillano P, Patterson P, de Pablo F. Developmental cooperation of leukemia inhibitory factor and insulin-like growth factor I in mice is tissue-specific and essential for lung maturation involving the transcription factors Sp3 and TTF-1. Mech Dev. 2003;120:349-61 pubmed..LIF and IGF-I, thus, have cooperative and distinct tissue functions during development. Their essential role in bone ossification apparently involves Sp3, and in lung maturation Sp3 together with TTF-1. ..
- Burgos J, Ramirez C, Sastre I, Bullido M, Valdivieso F. Involvement of apolipoprotein E in the hematogenous route of herpes simplex virus type 1 to the central nervous system. J Virol. 2002;76:12394-8 pubmed..This study demonstrates the involvement of ApoE in the hematogenous route of HSV-1 to the CNS. ..
- Dammann C, Rojo E, S nchez Serrano J. Abscisic acid and jasmonic acid activate wound-inducible genes in potato through separate, organ-specific signal transduction pathways. Plant J. 1997;11:773-82 pubmed..Our data suggest the presence of a complex, organ-specific transduction network for regulating the effects of the plant hormones ABA and JA on gene expression upon wounding...
- Ordas M, Castro R, Dixon B, Sunyer J, Bjork S, Bartholomew J, et al. Identification of a novel CCR7 gene in rainbow trout with differential expression in the context of mucosal or systemic infection. Dev Comp Immunol. 2012;38:302-11 pubmed publisher..All these data suggest that CCR7 plays an important role in lymphocyte trafficking during rainbow trout infections, in which CCR7 appears to be implicated in the recruitment of B lymphocytes into the gut. ..
- del Arco A, Morcillo J, Martinez Morales J, Galián C, Martos V, Bovolenta P, et al. Expression of the aspartate/glutamate mitochondrial carriers aralar1 and citrin during development and in adult rat tissues. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:3313-20 pubmed..This explains why citrin deficiency in humans (type II citrullinemia) only affects the liver and suggests that aralar1 may compensate for the lack of citrin in other tissues. ..
- Viana Huete V, Guillen C, García G, Fernandez S, García Aguilar A, Kahn C, et al. Male Brown Fat-Specific Double Knockout of IGFIR/IR: Atrophy, Mitochondrial Fission Failure, Impaired Thermogenesis, and Obesity. Endocrinology. 2018;159:323-340 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data suggest a cause-and-effect relationship between failure in brown fat thermogenesis and increased adiposity and obesity. ..
- López Fernández L, del Mazo J. Characterization of genes expressed early in mouse spermatogenesis, isolated from a subtractive cDNA library. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:698-700 pubmed
- Carrasco Gil S, Siebner H, Leduc D, Webb S, Millán R, Andrews J, et al. Mercury localization and speciation in plants grown hydroponically or in a natural environment. Environ Sci Technol. 2013;47:3082-90 pubmed publisher..e., metabolically processed Hg) in leaves of both plants (alfalfa and M. vulgare) was similar, in spite of the big difference in Hg accumulation in roots, suggesting that some tolerance mechanisms might be shared...
- Amigo I, Traba J, Satrustegui J, del Arco A. SCaMC-1Like a member of the mitochondrial carrier (MC) family preferentially expressed in testis and localized in mitochondria and chromatoid body. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40470 pubmed publisher..This mechanism could be also operational in male germ cells and explain the incorporation of SCaMC-1L into germinal granules. ..
- Fernández A, Serrano J, Martinez Murillo R, Martinez A. Lack of adrenomedullin in the central nervous system results in apparently paradoxical alterations on pain sensitivity. Endocrinology. 2010;151:4908-15 pubmed publisher..This study confirms the important role of AM in pain sensitivity processing but unveils a more complex scenario than previously surmised. ..
- González I, Aparicio R, Busturia A. Functional characterization of the dRYBP gene in Drosophila. Genetics. 2008;179:1373-88 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they also indicate that dRYBP participates in the control of cell proliferation and cell differentiation and we propose that its functional requirement may well depend on the robustness of the animal. ..
- Selak S, Braun J, Fritzler M. Characterization of early endosome antigen 1 in neural tissues. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;323:1334-42 pubmed..These results suggest that EEA1 is involved in neuronal synaptic vesicle function and axonal transport and growth. EEA1 may undergo calcium-dependent conformational changes that are required for binding to SNAP-25. ..
- Giraldo P, Martinez A, Regales L, Lavado A, García Díaz A, Alonso A, et al. Functional dissection of the mouse tyrosinase locus control region identifies a new putative boundary activity. Nucleic Acids Res. 2003;31:6290-305 pubmed
- de Juan C, Iniesta P, Gonzalez Quevedo R, Moran A, Sánchez Pernaute A, Torres A, et al. Genomic organization of a novel glycosylphosphatidylinositol MAM gene expressed in human tissues and tumors. Oncogene. 2002;21:3089-94 pubmed..Thus, GPIM is a novel gene codifying a protein with structural features characteristics of some CAMs, which might be involved in the tumor progression. ..
- Berlanga J, Herrero S, de Haro C. Characterization of the hemin-sensitive eukaryotic initiation factor 2alpha kinase from mouse nonerythroid cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:32340-6 pubmed..These results provide strong evidence that mHRI is a ubiquitous eIF2alpha kinase of mammalian cells, suggesting that it could play important roles in the translational regulation of nonerythroid tissues. ..
- Garcia C, Gine E, Aller M, Revuelta E, Arias J, Vara E, et al. Multiple organ inflammatory response to portosystemic shunt in the rat. Cytokine. 2011;56:680-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the complications after portosystemic shunts could be integrated into a systemic inflammatory response of possible intestinal origin. ..
- Bornstein R, Macias M, de la Torre P, Grande J, Flores A. Human decidua-derived mesenchymal stromal cells differentiate into hepatic-like cells and form functional three-dimensional structures. Cytotherapy. 2012;14:1182-92 pubmed publisher..The endodermal capacity of DMSC was revealed by differentiation into pulmonary cells. In this study, we examined the hepatic differentiation of DMSC...
- Miró Murillo M, Elorza A, Soro Arnaiz I, Albacete Albacete L, Ordoñez A, Balsa E, et al. Acute Vhl gene inactivation induces cardiac HIF-dependent erythropoietin gene expression. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22589 pubmed publisher..Thus, as well as demonstrating the potential of dietary tamoxifen administration for gene inactivation studies in UBC-Cre-ER(T2) mouse lines, this data provides evidence of a cardiac oxygen-sensing VHL/HIF/EPO pathway in adult mice. ..
- Roncero I, Alvarez E, Acosta C, Sanz C, Barrio P, Hurtado Carneiro V, et al. Insulin-receptor substrate-2 (irs-2) is required for maintaining glucokinase and glucokinase regulatory protein expression in mouse liver. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58797 pubmed publisher..Interestingly, GK and GKRP protein expression remained low in RIP-Irs-2/IRS-2(-/-) mice, perhaps reflecting different mRNA half-lives or alterations in the process of translation and post-translational regulation. ..
- Ab s B, Castro R, Pignatelli J, Luque A, Gonz lez L, Tafalla C. Transcriptional heterogeneity of IgM+ cells in rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) tissues. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e82737 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the constitutive expression of all the TLR genes analyzed in IgM(+) cells suggests an important role for these cells in innate immunity...
- Leandro García L, Leskela S, Landa I, Montero Conde C, López Jiménez E, Leton R, et al. Tumoral and tissue-specific expression of the major human beta-tubulin isotypes. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:214-23 pubmed publisher..In addition, the specific isotypes significantly altered in tumors might represent markers for drug response. ..
- Bertucci J, Tovar M, Blanco A, Gómez Requeni P, Unniappan S, Canosa L. Influence of water salinity on genes implicated in somatic growth, lipid metabolism and food intake in Pejerrey (Odontesthes bonariensis). Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;210:29-38 pubmed publisher..5 and S15. The changes in gene expression observed could help pejerrey perform better during salinity challenges. The S30 condition would likely promote pejerrey somatic growth in the long term. ..