Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on oligonucleotide array sequence analysis in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Topic: oligonucleotide array sequence analysis
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Nieto Diaz M, Pita Thomas W, Nieto Sampedro M. Cross-species analysis of gene expression in non-model mammals: reproducibility of hybridization on high density oligonucleotide microarrays. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:89 pubmed..Also, the identification of probes associated to un-reproducible hybridizations-useless for gene expression analyses- in the studied GeneChip, stress the need of a re-evaluation of the probes' performance. ..
- Rubio D, Garcia S, Paz M, de la Cueva T, Lopez Fernandez L, Lloyd A, et al. Molecular characterization of spontaneous mesenchymal stem cell transformation. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e1398 pubmed publisher..In this work we have characterized the molecular mechanisms implicated in TMC generation and we propose a two-stage model by which a human MSC becomes a tumor cell. ..
- Tracey L, Aggarwal M, Garcia Cosio M, Villuendas R, Algara P, Sanchez Beato M, et al. Somatic hypermutation signature in B-cell low-grade lymphomas. Haematologica. 2008;93:1186-94 pubmed publisher..An somatic hypermutation signature has been identified for different types of small B-cell lymphoma. This has a potential mechanistic and diagnostic value. ..
- Garcia Perez J, Perez Olmeda M, Sanchez Palomino S, Perez Romero P, Alcami J. A new strategy based on recombinant viruses for assessing the replication capacity of HIV-1. HIV Med. 2008;9:160-71 pubmed publisher..In the four remaining patients, PR and RT sequences independently reduced the RC of the RVs to similar extents. Different patterns of mutations in either PR or RT have a strong impact on RC in highly experienced HIV-infected patients. ..
- Escudero J, San Millan A, Gutierrez B, Hidalgo L, La Ragione R, Abuoun M, et al. Fluoroquinolone efflux in Streptococcus suis is mediated by SatAB and not by SmrA. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2011;55:5850-60 pubmed publisher..Chromosomal integration in Bacillus is a novel method for studying efflux pumps from Gram-positive bacteria, which enabled us to demonstrate the possible role of SatAB, and not SmrA, in fluoroquinolone efflux in S. suis. ..
- Garcia R, Rodríguez Peña J, Bermejo C, Nombela C, Arroyo J. The high osmotic response and cell wall integrity pathways cooperate to regulate transcriptional responses to zymolyase-induced cell wall stress in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:10901-11 pubmed publisher..These studies clearly reveal the complexity of the signal transduction machinery responsible for regulating yeast adaptation responses to cell wall stress. ..
- Sanchez Calderon H, Rodriguez de la Rosa L, Milo M, Pichel J, Holley M, Varela Nieto I. RNA microarray analysis in prenatal mouse cochlea reveals novel IGF-I target genes: implication of MEF2 and FOXM1 transcription factors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8699 pubmed publisher..These data will help us to understand the molecular bases of human sensorineural deafness associated to deficits in IGF-I. ..
- Montes Moreno S, Roncador G, Maestre L, Martinez N, Sanchez Verde L, Camacho F, et al. Gcet1 (centerin), a highly restricted marker for a subset of germinal center-derived lymphomas. Blood. 2008;111:351-8 pubmed..The results of RNA and protein expression should prompt further investigation into the role of Gcet1 in regulating B-cell survival. ..
- Sánchez Espiridión B, Montalban C, Lopez A, Menarguez J, Sabin P, Ruiz Marcellan C, et al. A molecular risk score based on 4 functional pathways for advanced classical Hodgkin lymphoma. Blood. 2010;116:e12-7 pubmed publisher..5% versus 45.0% in the validation set (P = .022). This model can be combined with stage IV into a final predictive model able to identify a group of patients with very bad outcome (5-year failure-free survival probability, 25.2%)...
- Garrido P, Blanco M, Moreno Paz M, Briones C, Dahbi G, Blanco J, et al. STEC-EPEC oligonucleotide microarray: a new tool for typing genetic variants of the LEE pathogenicity island of human and animal Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) and enteropathogenic E. coli (EPEC) strains. Clin Chem. 2006;52:192-201 pubmed..coli strains isolated from human and animal infections. The results demonstrate the great genetic diversity among LEE genes of human and animal STEC and EPEC strains. ..
- Revenga Parra M, Garcia T, Lorenzo E, Pariente F. Comprehensive study of interactions between DNA and new electroactive Schiff base ligands. Application to the detection of singly mismatched Helicobacter pylori sequences. Biosens Bioelectron. 2007;22:2675-81 pubmed..9-22.2 microM with a detection limit of 8.3+/-0.4 microM and a linear correlation coefficient of 0.989. In addition this approach is capable of detecting hybridization of complementary sequences containing a single mismatch. ..
- Bellon T, Alvarez L, Mayorga C, Morel E, Torres M, Martín Díaz M, et al. Differential gene expression in drug hypersensitivity reactions: induction of alarmins in severe bullous diseases. Br J Dermatol. 2010;162:1014-22 pubmed publisher..Overexpression of endogenous DAMPs in Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis suggest that drugs can trigger the alarmin system in sensitized patients leading to life-threatening diseases. ..
- Martin Perez D, Sanchez E, Maestre L, Suela J, Vargiu P, Di Lisio L, et al. Deregulated expression of the polycomb-group protein SUZ12 target genes characterizes mantle cell lymphoma. Am J Pathol. 2010;177:930-42 pubmed publisher..Our results support the hypothesis that the abnormal expression of SUZ12 accounts for some of the unexplained features of MCL, such as abnormal DNA repair and increased resistance to apoptosis. ..
- Garcia R, Bermejo C, Grau C, Perez R, Rodriguez Peña J, Francois J, et al. The global transcriptional response to transient cell wall damage in Saccharomyces cerevisiae and its regulation by the cell integrity signaling pathway. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15183-95 pubmed..Our findings consistently demonstrate that the cell integrity signaling pathway regulates the cell wall damage compensatory response, mainly through transcriptional activation mediated by Rlm1p. ..
- del Rey M, Usategui A, Izquierdo E, Canete J, Blanco F, Criado G, et al. Transcriptome analysis reveals specific changes in osteoarthritis synovial fibroblasts. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:275-80 pubmed publisher..These data support individual heterogeneity among RASFs and advise against the use of OASFs as controls. ..
- Oliva M, Huecas S, Palacios J, Martín Benito J, Valpuesta J, Andreu J. Assembly of archaeal cell division protein FtsZ and a GTPase-inactive mutant into double-stranded filaments. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:33562-70 pubmed
- Rubio N, Cerciat M, Unkila M, Garcia Segura L, Arevalo M. An in vitro experimental model of neuroinflammation: the induction of interleukin-6 in murine astrocytes infected with Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus, and its inhibition by oestrogenic receptor modulators. Immunology. 2011;133:360-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, this in vitro neuroinflammation model was fully inhibited, as demonstrated by ELISA and qPCR, by five selective oestrogen receptor modulators. ..
- Rubio N, Garcia Segura L, Arevalo M. Survivin prevents apoptosis by binding to caspase-3 in astrocytes infected with the BeAn strain of Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus. J Neurovirol. 2012;18:354-63 pubmed publisher..The present results suggest that astrocytes infected by the BeAn strain do not undergo apoptosis due to the production of survivin. ..
- Villarroya Beltri C, Gutiérrez Vázquez C, Sanchez Cabo F, Pérez Hernández D, Vazquez J, Martín Cofreces N, et al. Sumoylated hnRNPA2B1 controls the sorting of miRNAs into exosomes through binding to specific motifs. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2980 pubmed publisher..These findings identify hnRNPA2B1 as a key player in miRNA sorting into exosomes and provide potential tools for the packaging of selected regulatory RNAs into exosomes and their use in biomedical applications. ..
- Gallego Delgado J, Connolly S, Lazaro A, Sadlier D, Kieran N, Sugrue D, et al. Transcriptome of hypertension-induced left ventricular hypertrophy and its regression by antihypertensive therapies. Hypertens Res. 2009;32:347-57 pubmed publisher..Therefore, regression of hypertension-induced LVH is associated with a distinct gene expression profile, suggesting the effect of both treatment and a previously unknown specific myocardial physiology after regression of LVH. ..
- Gonzalez Neira A. The GoldenGate genotyping assay: custom design, processing, and data analysis. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1015:147-53 pubmed publisher..Here are described in detail all the steps to be followed in the process of genotyping a custom panel, from panel design through data analysis. ..
- Aggarwal M, Sanchez Beato M, Gomez Lopez G, Al Shahrour F, Martinez N, Rodriguez A, et al. Functional signatures identified in B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma profiles. Leuk Lymphoma. 2009;50:1699-708 pubmed..A specific attention was paid to the analysis of BCR and coregulated pathways, defining molecular heterogeneity within multiple B-cell lymphoma types. ..
- Rodriguez Rodriguez L, RamÃ³n Lamas J, AbÃ¡solo L, Baena S, Olano Martin E, Collado A, et al. The rs3771863 single nucleotide polymorphism of the TACR1 gene is associated to a lower risk of sicca syndrome in fibromyalgia patients. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2015;33:S33-40 pubmed..56, [95%CI 0.42-0.76], p=0.00022). Our findings indicate a role of the TACR1 gene in the development of sicca syndrome in subjects affected with FM. ..
- Suela J, Alvarez S, Cifuentes F, Largo C, Ferreira B, Blesa D, et al. DNA profiling analysis of 100 consecutive de novo acute myeloid leukemia cases reveals patterns of genomic instability that affect all cytogenetic risk groups. Leukemia. 2007;21:1224-31 pubmed..This association was independent of other clinical and genetic parameters. Our study provides, for the first time, a detailed picture of the nature and frequency of DNA copy number aberrations in de novo AML. ..
- Peinado H, Moreno Bueno G, Hardisson D, Perez Gomez E, Santos V, Mendiola M, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like 2 as a new poor prognosis marker of squamous cell carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4541-50 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that LOXL2 can be used as a new poor prognosis indicator in human squamous cell carcinomas promoting malignant transformation by both SNAI1-dependent and SNAI1-independent pathways. ..
- Lorenzo Y, Provencio M, Lombardia L, Diaz R, Silva J, Herrera M, et al. Differential genetic and functional markers of second neoplasias in Hodgkin's disease patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:4823-8 pubmed publisher..Both approaches may be useful as biological markers in the clinical setting. ..
- Barriuso J, Marin S, Mellado R. Effect of the herbicide glyphosate on glyphosate-tolerant maize rhizobacterial communities: a comparison with pre-emergency applied herbicide consisting of a combination of acetochlor and terbuthylazine. Environ Microbiol. 2010;12:1021-30 pubmed publisher..The results obtained strongly suggest that both herbicides do in fact affect the maize rhizobacterial communities, glyphosate being, to a great extent, the environmentally less aggressive herbicide. ..
- Wozniak M, Villuendas R, Bischoff J, Aparicio C, Martinez Leal J, de la Cueva P, et al. Vorinostat interferes with the signaling transduction pathway of T-cell receptor and synergizes with phosphoinositide-3 kinase inhibitors in cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. Haematologica. 2010;95:613-21 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we showed that combination therapies involving histone deacetylase inhibitors and inhibitors of PI3K are potentially efficacious for the treatment of cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. ..
- Ventoso I, Kochetov A, Montaner D, Dopazo J, Santoyo J. Extensive translatome remodeling during ER stress response in mammalian cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35915 pubmed publisher..A model for translatome remodeling during the acute phase of stress response in mammalian cells is proposed. ..
- Garcia J, Camacho F, Morente M, Fraga M, Montalban C, Alvaro T, et al. Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells harbor alterations in the major tumor suppressor pathways and cell-cycle checkpoints: analyses using tissue microarrays. Blood. 2003;101:681-9 pubmed..This appears to determine the viability of the tumoral cells and the clinical outcome. ..
- Martinez I, Lombardia L, García Barreno B, Dominguez O, Melero J. Distinct gene subsets are induced at different time points after human respiratory syncytial virus infection of A549 cells. J Gen Virol. 2007;88:570-81 pubmed..These results highlight the dynamic interplay between the virus and the host cell and provide a general picture of changes in cellular gene expression along the HRSV replicative cycle. ..
- Collado M, Garcia V, Garcia J, Alonso I, Lombardia L, Diaz Uriarte R, et al. Genomic profiling of circulating plasma RNA for the analysis of cancer. Clin Chem. 2007;53:1860-3 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate the usefulness of gene expression profiling of circulating plasma RNA to find cancer markers of potential clinical value. ..
- Lujambio A, Calin G, Villanueva A, Ropero S, Sanchez Cespedes M, Blanco D, et al. A microRNA DNA methylation signature for human cancer metastasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:13556-61 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that DNA methylation-associated silencing of tumor suppressor miRNAs contributes to the development of human cancer metastasis. ..
- Guerra S, Aracil M, Conde R, Bernad A, Esteban M. Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein is needed for vaccinia virus pathogenesis. J Virol. 2005;79:2133-40 pubmed..Use of WASP proteins for virus spread via the actin tail provides a selective advantage for VV, and probably variola virus, dissemination to distant tissues. ..
- Martinez Delgado B, Cuadros M, Honrado E, Ruiz de la Parte A, Roncador G, Alves J, et al. Differential expression of NF-kappaB pathway genes among peripheral T-cell lymphomas. Leukemia. 2005;19:2254-63 pubmed..The expression profile associated to reduced expression of NF-kappaB genes was significantly associated with shorter survival of patients and seems to be an independent prognostic factor in a multivariate analysis. ..
- Vallespin E, Cantalapiedra D, Riveiro Alvarez R, Wilke R, Aguirre Lamban J, Avila Fernandez A, et al. Mutation screening of 299 Spanish families with retinal dystrophies by Leber congenital amaurosis genotyping microarray. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:5653-61 pubmed..This stepwise proceeding permits detection of novel disease-causing mutations and identification of cases involving potential digenism/triallelism. Previous accurate ophthalmic diagnosis was found to be indispensable. ..
- Jacinto F, Ballestar E, Ropero S, Esteller M. Discovery of epigenetically silenced genes by methylated DNA immunoprecipitation in colon cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2007;67:11481-6 pubmed
- Fonseca P, Moreno R, Rojo F. Genomic analysis of the role of RNase R in the turnover of Pseudomonas putida mRNAs. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:6258-63 pubmed publisher..The absence of RNase R led to increased levels of many mRNAs, indicating that it plays an important role in mRNA turnover...
- Rodr guez Rojas A, Bl zquez J. The Pseudomonas aeruginosa pfpI gene plays an antimutator role and provides general stress protection. J Bacteriol. 2009;191:844-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, pfpI mutants are more sensitive to different types of stress and are affected in biofilm formation...
- Zanella F, Renner O, Garcia B, Callejas S, Dopazo A, Peregrina S, et al. Human TRIB2 is a repressor of FOXO that contributes to the malignant phenotype of melanoma cells. Oncogene. 2010;29:2973-82 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show the potential of large-scale cell-based RNAi screens to identify promising diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets. ..
- Morte B, Ceballos A, Diez D, Grijota Martinez C, Dumitrescu A, Di Cosmo C, et al. Thyroid hormone-regulated mouse cerebral cortex genes are differentially dependent on the source of the hormone: a study in monocarboxylate transporter-8- and deiodinase-2-deficient mice. Endocrinology. 2010;151:2381-7 pubmed publisher..Intriguingly, positive or negative regulation of genes by thyroid hormone is sensitive to the source of T(3) because Dio2 inactivation selectively affects the expression of negatively regulated genes. ..
- Ortega P, Moran A, Fernandez Marcelo T, de Juan C, Frias C, Lopez Asenjo J, et al. MMP-7 and SGCE as distinctive molecular factors in sporadic colorectal cancers from the mutator phenotype pathway. Int J Oncol. 2010;36:1209-15 pubmed
- López Casas P, Mizrak S, Lopez Fernandez L, Paz M, de Rooij D, del Mazo J. The effects of different endocrine disruptors defining compound-specific alterations of gene expression profiles in the developing testis. Reprod Toxicol. 2012;33:106-15 pubmed publisher..Mono-(2-ethylhexyl)-phthalate and zearalenone, both produced specific alterations of gene signatures. Interestingly, this was irrespective of the concentration of the toxicant or the developmental period during which exposure occurred. ..
- Avellón A, Casas I, Trallero G, Perez C, Tenorio A, Palacios G. Molecular analysis of echovirus 13 isolates and aseptic meningitis, Spain. Emerg Infect Dis. 2003;9:934-41 pubmed..Part of the neutralizing antigenic site III has been described in this genome region in poliovirus and swine vesicular disease virus...
- Pérez González A, Rodriguez A, Huarte M, Salanueva I, Nieto A. hCLE/CGI-99, a human protein that interacts with the influenza virus polymerase, is a mRNA transcription modulator. J Mol Biol. 2006;362:887-900 pubmed..Collectively these results indicate that hCLE works as a positive modulator of the RNA polymerase II activity. ..
- Vazquez M, Nogales Cadenas R, Arroyo J, Botías P, Garcia R, Carazo J, et al. MARQ: an online tool to mine GEO for experiments with similar or opposite gene expression signatures. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:W228-32 pubmed publisher..The application is freely available at http://marq.dacya.ucm.es. ..
- Moreno A, Soleto I, García Sanz P, Moreno Bueno G, Palmero I. ING4 regulates a secretory phenotype in primary fibroblasts with dual effects on cell proliferation and tumor growth. Oncogene. 2014;33:1945-53 pubmed publisher..These findings support a critical role for ING4 expression in normal cells in the non-cell-autonomous regulation of tumor growth. ..
- Sanchez Nino M, Poveda J, Sanz A, Mezzano S, Carrasco S, Fernández Fernández B, et al. Fn14 in podocytes and proteinuric kidney disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:2232-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Fn14 activation results in NF?B-mediated pro-inflammatory effects on podocytes that may be relevant for the pathogenesis of non-proliferative proteinuric kidney disease of non-immune origin. ..
- Escalante R, Iranfar N, Sastre L, Loomis W. Identification of genes dependent on the MADS box transcription factor SrfA in Dictyostelium discoideum development. Eukaryot Cell. 2004;3:564-6 pubmed..In wild-type cells, all of these genes are induced late in development. At least four of them are necessary for proper spore differentiation, stability, and/or germination. ..
- Medina P, Carretero J, Ballestar E, Angulo B, Lopez Rios F, Esteller M, et al. Transcriptional targets of the chromatin-remodelling factor SMARCA4/BRG1 in lung cancer cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2005;14:973-82 pubmed
- Sanchez Aguilera A, Garcia J, Sanchez Beato M, Piris M. Hodgkin's lymphoma cells express alternatively spliced forms of HDM2 with multiple effects on cell cycle control. Oncogene. 2006;25:2565-74 pubmed..These results imply that HDM2 isoforms may have multiple effects on cell cycle control, and provide insight into the mechanisms through which these molecules contribute to tumorigenesis. ..
- Bodega G, Suarez I, López Fernández L, Almonacid L, Zaballos A, Fernandez B. Possible implication of ciliary neurotrophic factor (CNTF) and beta-synuclein in the ammonia effect on cultured rat astroglial cells: a study using DNA and protein microarrays. Neurochem Int. 2006;48:729-38 pubmed..This study demonstrates the use of microarrays as tools to ascertain the possible implication of previously unidentified proteins in the pathogenesis of hepatic encephalopathy. ..
- Alonso R, Defesche J, Tejedor D, Castillo S, Stef M, Mata N, et al. Genetic diagnosis of familial hypercholesterolemia using a DNA-array based platform. Clin Biochem. 2009;42:899-903 pubmed publisher..Lipochip provides a reliable, fast and cheap alternative for the genetic testing of patients with clinically diagnosed FH. ..
- Aguirre Lamban J, Riveiro Alvarez R, Garcia Hoyos M, Cantalapiedra D, Avila Fernandez A, Villaverde Montero C, et al. Comparison of high-resolution melting analysis with denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography for mutation scanning in the ABCA4 gene. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:2615-9 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to compare high-resolution melting (HRM) analysis with denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography (dHPLC), to evaluate the efficiency of the different screening methodologies...
- Aguado Urda M, López Campos G, Fernández Garayzábal J, Martin Sanchez F, Gibello A, Dominguez L, et al. Analysis of the genome content of Lactococcus garvieae by genomic interspecies microarray hybridization. BMC Microbiol. 2010;10:79 pubmed publisher..Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis IL1403 and Streptococcus pneumoniae TIGR4 were used as reference microorganisms...
- Simon Areces J, Dopazo A, Dettenhofer M, Rodriguez Tebar A, Garcia Segura L, Arevalo M. Formin1 mediates the induction of dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis by neurogenin3 in mouse hippocampal neurons. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e21825 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a previously unknown involvement of Formin1 in dendritogenesis and synaptogenesis and indicate that this protein is a key component of the Ngn3 signaling pathway that controls neuronal differentiation. ..
- Moles L, Gomez M, Heilig H, Bustos G, Fuentes S, de Vos W, et al. Bacterial diversity in meconium of preterm neonates and evolution of their fecal microbiota during the first month of life. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e66986 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that the presence of Serratia was strongly associated with a higher degree of immaturity and other hospital-related parameters, including antibiotherapy and mechanical ventilation. ..
- Sánchez del Cojo M, Lopez Huertas M, Díez Fuertes F, Rodríguez Mora S, Bermejo M, Lopez Campos G, et al. Changes in the cellular microRNA profile by the intracellular expression of HIV-1 Tat regulator: A potential mechanism for resistance to apoptosis and impaired proliferation in HIV-1 infected CD4+ T cells. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185677 pubmed publisher..Consequently, upregulation of hsa-miR-21 and hsa-miR-222 by Tat may contribute to protect against apoptosis and to anergy observed in HIV-infected CD4+ T cells...
- Franco S, Canela A, Klatt P, Blasco M. Effectors of mammalian telomere dysfunction: a comparative transcriptome analysis using mouse models. Carcinogenesis. 2005;26:1613-26 pubmed
- Sanchez Carbayo M, Socci N, Richstone L, Corton M, Behrendt N, Wulkfuhle J, et al. Genomic and proteomic profiles reveal the association of gelsolin to TP53 status and bladder cancer progression. Am J Pathol. 2007;171:1650-8 pubmed..This study further reveals that TP53 mutations are frequent events in bladder cancer progression and identified gelsolin related to TP53 status, tumor staging, and clinical outcome by independent high-throughput strategies. ..
- Arencibia J, Martin S, Pérez Rodríguez F, Bonnin A. Gene expression profiling reveals overexpression of TSPAN13 in prostate cancer. Int J Oncol. 2009;34:457-63 pubmed..Therefore we suggest that tspan13 may have an important role in the progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Román Trufero M, Méndez Gómez H, Perez C, Hijikata A, Fujimura Y, Endo T, et al. Maintenance of undifferentiated state and self-renewal of embryonic neural stem cells by Polycomb protein Ring1B. Stem Cells. 2009;27:1559-70 pubmed publisher..These data suggest a role for Ring1B in maintenance of the undifferentiated state of embryonic neural stem/progenitor cells. They also suggest that Ring1B may modulate the differentiation potential of NSCs to neurons and glia. ..
- Di Lisio L, Gomez Lopez G, Sanchez Beato M, Gomez Abad C, Rodriguez M, Villuendas R, et al. Mantle cell lymphoma: transcriptional regulation by microRNAs. Leukemia. 2010;24:1335-42 pubmed publisher..In summary, using a novel bioinformatics approach, this study identified miRNA changes that contribute to MCL pathogenesis and markers of potential utility in MCL diagnosis and clinical prognostication. ..
- Aguado Fraile E, Ramos E, Sáenz Morales D, Conde E, Blanco Sánchez I, Stamatakis K, et al. miR-127 protects proximal tubule cells against ischemia/reperfusion: identification of kinesin family member 3B as miR-127 target. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44305 pubmed publisher..We also identified for the first time KIF3B as a miR-127 target. Both, miR-127 and KIF3B appear as key mediators of proximal epithelial tubule cell response to I/R with potential al application in renal ischemic damage management. ..
- Odqvist L, Sanchez Beato M, Montes Moreno S, Martin Sanchez E, Pajares R, Sanchez Verde L, et al. NIK controls classical and alternative NF-?B activation and is necessary for the survival of human T-cell lymphoma cells. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:2319-30 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study indicate that NIK could be a promising therapeutic target in these aggressive malignancies. ..
- Lopez Anton M, Lambie M, López Cabrera M, Schmitt C, Ruiz Carpio V, Bartosova M, et al. miR-21 Promotes Fibrogenesis in Peritoneal Dialysis. Am J Pathol. 2017;187:1537-1550 pubmed publisher..These data identify miR-21 as an important effector of fibrosis in the peritoneal membrane, and a promising biomarker in the dialysis effluent for membrane change in patients receiving PD. ..
- Cortes Canteli M, Wagner M, Ansorge W, Perez Castillo A. Microarray analysis supports a role for ccaat/enhancer-binding protein-beta in brain injury. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14409-17 pubmed..This strongly supports the concept that C/EBPbeta may play an important role in brain injury. ..
- Alvarez L, Jara P, Sánchez Sabaté E, Hierro L, Larrauri J, Díaz M, et al. Reduced hepatic expression of farnesoid X receptor in hereditary cholestasis associated to mutation in ATP8B1. Hum Mol Genet. 2004;13:2451-60 pubmed..A cluster of genes involved in lipid metabolism was also differentially expressed. Our findings suggest that hepatic down-regulation of FXR contributes to the severe cholestasis of FIC1 disease...
- Renner O, Fominaya J, Alonso S, Blanco Aparicio C, Leal J, Carnero A. Mst1, RanBP2 and eIF4G are new markers for in vivo PI3K activation in murine and human prostate. Carcinogenesis. 2007;28:1418-25 pubmed..Since they define overlapping but not identical subsets of the tested tissue panel, a combination of all four markers might lead to a more accurate diagnosis of the status of the PI3K-signaling cascade in cancer patients. ..
- Bru A, del Fresno C, Soares Schanoski A, Albertos S, Brú I, Porres A, et al. Position-dependent expression of GADD45alpha in rat brain tumours. Med Oncol. 2007;24:436-44 pubmed..Our findings suggest that GADD45alpha might play a major role in the regulation of brain tumour invasive potential. ..
- Gomez Gallego F, Santiago C, Gonzalez Freire M, Yvert T, Muniesa C, Serratosa L, et al. The C allele of the AGT Met235Thr polymorphism is associated with power sports performance. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2009;34:1108-11 pubmed publisher..In summary, the C allele of the AGT Met235Thr polymorphism might favour power sports performance. Although more research is needed, this could be attributed to the higher activity of angiotensin II, a skeletal muscle growth factor. ..
- Lamas J, Rodriguez Rodriguez L, Vigo A, Alvarez Lafuente R, Lopez Romero P, Marco F, et al. Large-scale gene expression in bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells: a putative role for COL10A1 in osteoarthritis. Ann Rheum Dis. 2010;69:1880-5 pubmed publisher..It is proposed that OA may be linked to the intrinsic defective regenerative potential of BM-MSCs resulting from its reduced expression of fate commitment-related genes. ..
- Aguirre Lamban J, González Aguilera J, Riveiro Alvarez R, Cantalapiedra D, Avila Fernandez A, Villaverde Montero C, et al. Further associations between mutations and polymorphisms in the ABCA4 gene: clinical implication of allelic variants and their role as protector/risk factors. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:6206-12 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to determine (1) associations among mutations and polymorphisms and (2) the role of the polymorphisms as protector/risk factors...
- Blanco Kelly F, Garcia Hoyos M, Corton M, Avila Fernandez A, Riveiro Alvarez R, Gimenez A, et al. Genotyping microarray: mutation screening in Spanish families with autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa. Mol Vis. 2012;18:1478-83 pubmed..Diagnostic accuracy was 15.1%. The adRP genotyping microarray is a quick, cost-efficient first step in the molecular diagnosis of Spanish patients with adRP. ..
- Aguado Urda M, Gibello A, Blanco M, Fernández Garayzábal J, Lopez Alonso V, López Campos G. Global transcriptome analysis of Lactococcus garvieae strains in response to temperature. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e79692 pubmed publisher..garvieae gene expression. These data could improve our understanding of the regulatory networks and adaptive biology of this important pathogen. ..
- Aleman A, Adrien L, Lopez Serra L, Cordon Cardo C, Esteller M, Belbin T, et al. Identification of DNA hypermethylation of SOX9 in association with bladder cancer progression using CpG microarrays. Br J Cancer. 2008;98:466-73 pubmed..The association of SOX9 hypermethylation with tumour progression and clinical outcome suggests its relevant clinical implications at stratifying patients affected with bladder cancer. ..
- Rubio N, Palomo M, Alcami A. Interferon-alpha/beta genes are up-regulated in murine brain astrocytes after infection with Theiler's murine encephalomyelitis virus. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2010;30:253-62 pubmed publisher..The brains of infected mice contained IFN-alpha/beta mRNA during the acute encephalitis phase, peaking at day 5 post-infection. Our findings could have significance for human diseases such as viral encephalitis and multiple sclerosis. ..
- Canesin G, Gonzalez Peramato P, Palou J, Urrutia M, Cordon Cardo C, Sanchez Carbayo M. Galectin-3 expression is associated with bladder cancer progression and clinical outcome. Tumour Biol. 2010;31:277-85 pubmed publisher..Urinary protein levels served to identify bladder cancer patients. These observations suggest a role for galectin-3 as a biomarker for bladder cancer diagnostics, staging, and outcome prognosis. ..
- Ballestar E, Paz M, Valle L, Wei S, Fraga M, Espada J, et al. Methyl-CpG binding proteins identify novel sites of epigenetic inactivation in human cancer. EMBO J. 2003;22:6335-45 pubmed..Our results support an essential role for MBDs in gene silencing and, when combined with genomic strategies, their potential to 'catch' new hypermethylated genes in cancer. ..