Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on middle aged in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Topic: middle aged
Publications769 found, 100 shown here
- Puente Maestu L, Pérez Parra J, Godoy R, Moreno N, Tejedor A, Torres A, et al. Abnormal transition pore kinetics and cytochrome C release in muscle mitochondria of patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2009;40:746-50 pubmed publisher..60 control) for the COPD group. MPTP kinetics and cyto-c release are abnormal in skeletal and respiratory muscles of patients with moderate COPD, suggesting a systemic mechanism(s) occurring early during the course of the disease...
- Pérez Molina J, Díaz Menéndez M, Gallego J, Norman F, Monge Maíllo B, Ayala A, et al. Evaluation of nitazoxanide for the treatment of disseminated cystic echinococcosis: report of five cases and literature review. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2011;84:351-6 pubmed publisher..There was one discontinuation after 15 days of starting therapy. Nitazoxanide combination therapy could have a role in the treatment of DCE when there is no bony involvement. Long-term safety profile seems to be favorable. ..
- Agudo S, PÃ©rez PÃ©rez G, AlarcÃ³n T, LÃ³pez Brea M. Rapid detection of clarithromycin resistant Helicobacter pylori strains in Spanish patients by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism. Rev Esp Quimioter. 2011;24:32-6 pubmed..pylori strains in countries with a high prevalence of clarithromycin-resistance as Spain. It may be useful before choosing regimens of H. pylori eradication. ..
- Gil Nagel A, Brodie M, Leroy R, Cyr T, Hall S, Castiglia M, et al. Safety and efficacy of ezogabine (retigabine) in adults with refractory partial-onset seizures: Interim results from two ongoing open-label studies. Epilepsy Res. 2012;102:117-21 pubmed publisher..5%) was maintained in patients remaining on ezogabine/retigabine. Continuous 6-month and 12-month seizure-free rates for ezogabine/retigabine exposures ? 12 months were 13.1% and 7.1%, respectively. ..
- Lamana A, Balsa A, Rueda B, Ortiz A, Nuno L, Miranda Carús M, et al. The TT genotype of the STAT4 rs7574865 polymorphism is associated with high disease activity and disability in patients with early arthritis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43661 pubmed publisher..In the present study, we investigated the effects of these genetic variants on disease activity and disability in patients with early arthritis...
- Barrancos C, Rebolleda G, Oblanca N, Cabarga C, Munoz Negrete F. Changes in lamina cribrosa and prelaminar tissue after deep sclerectomy. Eye (Lond). 2014;28:58-65 pubmed publisher..05). Cupping reversal after NPDS is mainly due to changes in prelaminar tissue thickness, whereas the LC changes in position are less pronounced. ..
- Iacoponi S, Zalewski K, Fruscio R, Diaz De la Noval B, De Iaco P, Ceccaroni M, et al. Prognostic factors for recurrence and survival among patients with invasive vulvar Paget disease included in the VULCAN study. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2016;133:76-9 pubmed publisher..Distant recurrences were associated with tumor size and FIGO stage. It is possible that adjuvant radiotherapy or chemotherapy could offer patients benefits by increasing overall survival rates. ..
- Porcel S, Leon F, Martín Calderín P, Valero A, Botello A, Alvarez Cuesta E. Occupational asthma caused by grass pea used in the industrial processing of parquet. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2001;29:207-11 pubmed..Clinical and immunological studies were performed to confirm a type I hypersensitivity mechanism in a case of occupational asthma to grass pea flour exposure, used in the industrial processing of parquet...
- Moreno Bueno G, Hardisson D, Sanchez C, Sarrio D, Cassia R, Garcia Rostan G, et al. Abnormalities of the APC/beta-catenin pathway in endometrial cancer. Oncogene. 2002;21:7981-90 pubmed..Our results demonstrated a high prevalence of alterations in molecules of the APC/beta-catenin pathway, but only mutations in beta-catenin gene are associated with aberrant nuclear localization of beta-catenin. ..
- Laguna D, Gonzalez F. Calcification of the posterior cricoid lamina simulating a foreign body in the aerodigestive tract (2005:11b). Eur Radiol. 2006;16:515-7 pubmed..There is also a discussion about the role of radiology in the detection of foreign bodies in the aerodigestive tract...
- Rey E, Elola Olaso C, Rodriguez Artalejo F, Locke G, Diaz Rubio M. Prevalence of atypical symptoms and their association with typical symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux in Spain. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2006;18:969-75 pubmed..This study therefore sought to examine the prevalence of atypical symptoms, and their association with typical GER symptoms in Spain...
- Lobato R, Gonzaáez P, Alday R, Ramos A, Lagares A, Alen J, et al. Meningiomas of the basal posterior fossa. Surgical experience in 80 cases. Neurocirugia (Astur). 2004;15:525-42 pubmed..Apart from the patients age and the clinical presentation (symptomatic or not), the size and secondary extensions of the tumor must be taken into account for planning treatment in the individual patient. ..
- Peinado R, Merino J, Gnoatto M, Arias M. Atrial fibrillation triggered by postinfarction ventricular premature beats in a patient with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Europace. 2005;7:221-4 pubmed..After successful catheter ablation of the accessory pathway the patient did not present arrhythmia recurrences. ..
- Ruiz Tovar J, Reguero Callejas M, Arano Bermejo J, González Palacios F, Cabañas Navarro L. [Mammary hamartoma]. Cir Esp. 2006;79:186-8 pubmed..This report describes a case of an 11-cm mammary hamartoma in a 46-year-old woman. ..
- Pérez Ezquerra P, de la Gaspar M, de Fernández M, Flores V, Alvarez Santullano A, de Ocariz M. Currant allergy and the Rosaceae-grass pollen allergy syndrome: a case report. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;98:480-2 pubmed..Inhibition studies demonstrated cross-reactivity between different fruits (currant and raspberry) from the Rosidae subclass and were incomplete with grass pollen allergens. ..
- Ortiz P, Vanaclocha F, López Bran E, Esquivias J, López Estebaranz J, Martin Gonzalez M, et al. Genetic analysis of the GRM1 gene in human melanoma susceptibility. Eur J Hum Genet. 2007;15:1176-82 pubmed..Only the second observation was confirmed (OR=1.69, CI=[1.16-2.47], P=0.0064). Our results suggest that the GRM1 gene may contribute to melanoma susceptibility in that specific group of patients. ..
- Blanco Colio L, Martin Ventura J, Gomez Guerrero C, Masramon X, de Teresa E, Farsang C, et al. Adiponectin plasma levels are increased by atorvastatin treatment in subjects at high cardiovascular risk. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;586:259-65 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, atorvastatin increased adiponectin plasma levels in subjects at high cardiovascular risk, revealing a novel anti-inflammatory effect of this drug. ..
- Torres Narbona M, Guinea J, Martínez Alarcón J, Munoz P, Pelaez T, Bouza E. Workload and clinical significance of the isolation of zygomycetes in a tertiary general hospital. Med Mycol. 2008;46:225-30 pubmed publisher..Data from specific institutions cannot be generalized. ..
- Manga G, Shahi P, Ureña M, Pereira R, Plaza M, Peron Y, et al. Phase II study of neoadjuvant treatment with doxorubicin, docetaxel, and capecitabine (ATX) in locally advanced or inflammatory breast cancer. Breast Cancer. 2010;17:205-11 pubmed publisher..Grade III/IV toxicity included neutropenia (74%), febrile neutropenia (9%), mucositis (12%), and diarrhea (12%). ATX every 28 days for four cycles is associated with a modest activity (low pCR rate) in the neoadjuvant setting of LABC. ..
- Cacho G, Perez Calle J, Barbado A, Lledó J, Ojea R, Fernández Rodríguez C. Capnography is superior to pulse oximetry for the detection of respiratory depression during colonoscopy. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2010;102:86-9 pubmed..Apnea or hypoventilation commonly occurs during colonoscopy with sedation. Capnography is more reliable than pulse oximetry in early detection of respiratory depression in this setting. ..
- Chaparro M, Barbero A, Martín L, Esteban C, Espinosa L, de la Morena F, et al. Prospective evaluation of a clinical guideline recommending early patients discharge in bleeding peptic ulcer. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2010;25:1525-9 pubmed publisher..To validate an early discharge policy in patients admitted with upper gastrointestinal bleeding (UGIB) due to ulcers...
- Vispo E, Rallon N, Labarga P, Barreiro P, Benito J, Soriano V. Different impact of IL28B polymorphisms on response to peginterferon-? plus ribavirin in HIV-positive patients infected with HCV subtypes 1a or 1b. J Clin Virol. 2012;55:58-61 pubmed publisher..27). The rate of SVR to pegIFN/RBV therapy tends to be lower in HIV-infected patients with chronic hepatitis C due to HCV-1a than HCV-1b; being the impact of IL28B variants significantly stronger on HCV-1a than HCV-1b. ..
- Fernandez Ruiz M, Lopez Medrano F, Varela Peña P, Lora Pablos D, Garcia Reyne A, Gonzalez E, et al. Monitoring of immunoglobulin levels identifies kidney transplant recipients at high risk of infection. Am J Transplant. 2012;12:2763-73 pubmed publisher..03; p < 0.001) and bacterial infection (HR 2.68; p < 0.0001). Monitoring of humoral immunity identifies KT recipients at high risk of infection, offering the opportunity for preemptive immunoglobulin replacement therapy. ..
- Diaz Sanchez A, Matilla A, Núñez O, Rincon D, Lorente R, Lo Iacono O, et al. Serum level of soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule in patients with hepatocellular carcinoma and its association with severity of liver disease. Ann Hepatol. 2013;12:236-47 pubmed..sVCAM-1 levels are not associated with tumour features or invasiveness; therefore, sVCAM-1 does not seem to play an important role in the angiogenic processes of HCC. ..
- Castro E, Goh C, Olmos D, Saunders E, Leongamornlert D, Tymrakiewicz M, et al. Germline BRCA mutations are associated with higher risk of nodal involvement, distant metastasis, and poor survival outcomes in prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:1748-57 pubmed publisher..BRCA mutations are associated with poor survival outcomes and this should be considered for tailoring clinical management of these patients. ..
- Datino T, Miracle Blanco Ã, NÃºÃ±ez GarcÃa A, GonzÃ¡lez Torrecilla E, Atienza FernÃ¡ndez F, Arenal MaÃz Ã, et al. Safety of Outpatient Implantation of the Implantable Cardioverter-defibrillator. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:579-84 pubmed publisher..Outpatient implantation of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators is safe and reduces costs. Close observation is recommended for patients receiving chronic anticoagulation therapy due to an increased risk of complications. ..
- Moreno Indias I, SÃ¡nchez Alcoholado L, PÃ©rez MartÃnez P, AndrÃ©s Lacueva C, Cardona F, Tinahones F, et al. Red wine polyphenols modulate fecal microbiota and reduce markers of the metabolic syndrome in obese patients. Food Funct. 2016;7:1775-87 pubmed publisher..Modulation of the gut microbiota by using red wine could be an effective strategy for managing metabolic diseases associated with obesity. ..
- Perez Cornago A, Travis R, Appleby P, Tsilidis K, Tjønneland A, Olsen A, et al. Fruit and vegetable intake and prostate cancer risk in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC). Int J Cancer. 2017;141:287-297 pubmed publisher..The main finding of this prospective study was that a higher fruit intake was associated with a small reduction in prostate cancer risk. Whether this association is causal remains unclear. ..
- Lorente J, Ezpeleta A, Esteban A, Gordo F, de la Cal M, Diaz C, et al. Systemic hemodynamics, gastric intramucosal PCO2 changes, and outcome in critically ill burn patients. Crit Care Med. 2000;28:1728-35 pubmed..Additionally, intestinal mucosal acidosis occurs after burn trauma, is influenced by inhalation injury, and is a variable related to outcome. ..
- Martin M, Rubio J, Buchbinder J, Fernandez Hojas R, Del Hoyo P, Teijeira S, et al. Molecular heterogeneity of myophosphorylase deficiency (McArdle's disease): a genotype-phenotype correlation study. Ann Neurol. 2001;50:574-81 pubmed..The mutations of charged residues would be expected to interfere with internal hydrogen bonding networks, introducing severe incompatible partnering that is caused by poor packing or electrostatic repulsions. ..
- Alonso M, Bello M, Arjona D, Gonzalez Gomez P, Lomas J, de Campos J, et al. Analysis of the NF2 gene in oligodendrogliomas and ependymomas. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 2002;134:1-5 pubmed..These results concur with previous findings proposing preferential inactivation of the NF2 gene in a subgroup of ependymomas, and suggest that the NF2 gene is not the target of chromosome 22 aberrations in oligodendrogliomas. ..
- Ibarrola C, Colina F. Clinicopathological features of nine cases of non-cirrhotic portal hypertension: current definitions and criteria are inadequate. Histopathology. 2003;42:251-64 pubmed..It was very difficult to apply the nomenclature proposed by international experts. ..
- del Peso G, Bajo M, Costero O, Hevia C, Gil F, Diaz C, et al. Risk factors for abdominal wall complications in peritoneal dialysis patients. Perit Dial Int. 2003;23:249-54 pubmed..Advanced age, polycystic kidney disease, and high body mass index are independent risk factors for their development. Automated PD with low daytime fill volume should be considered in all patients at risk for hernias and/or leaks. ..
- Carlavilla A, Lopez Medrano F, Chaves F, Villena V, Echave Sustaeta J, Aguado J. [Failure of levofloxacin therapy in two cases of community-acquired pneumonia caused by fluoroquinolone-resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae and complicated with empyema]. Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin. 2005;23:270-3 pubmed..Patients with CAP who have received quinolones in the weeks before the development of pneumonia should not been treated empirically with these antibiotics because of the risk of resistance development. ..
- Mas A, Blanco E, Moñux G, Urcelay E, Serrano F, de la Concha E, et al. DRB1-TNF-alpha-TNF-beta haplotype is strongly associated with severe aortoiliac occlusive disease, a clinical form of atherosclerosis. Hum Immunol. 2005;66:1062-7 pubmed..00017). Our results show that the HLA region modulates the predisposition to AOD. More specifically, they suggest that an extended haplotype encompassing DRB1*0404 and TNFa11-b4 carries a genetic factor conferring susceptibility to AOD. ..
- Vera I, Garcia Comas L, Ordobas M, Gutierrez A, Sanz J, Barranco D. Incidence trends in pertussis in the Autonomous Region of Madrid, Spain: 1982-2005. Euro Surveill. 2007;12:E7-8 pubmed..The introduction of the acellular vaccine in 2000 does not appear to have played a significant role in the increase in disease incidence. ..
- Movasat A, Shahram F, Carreira P, Nadji A, Akhlaghi M, Naderi N, et al. Nailfold capillaroscopy in Behçet's disease, analysis of 128 patients. Clin Rheumatol. 2009;28:603-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that these abnormalities may be related to other vascular features of the disease such as superficial phlebitis, but it does not seem to confer special risk for any other specific clinical symptom of the disease. ..
- Garcia Rey E, Garcia Cimbrelo E, Cordero Ampuero J. Outcome of a hemispherical porous-coated acetabular component with a proximally hydroxyapatite-coated anatomical femoral component: a 12- to 15-year follow-up study. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009;91:327-32 pubmed publisher..2% (95% confidence interval, 72.7 to 87.6) and 77.5% (95% confidence interval, 69.7 to 85.2), respectively. Despite these good clinical results, further follow-up is needed to determine whether these prostheses will loosen with time. ..
- Minero M, Marin M, Cercenado E, Rabadán P, Bouza E, Munoz P. Nocardiosis at the turn of the century. Medicine (Baltimore). 2009;88:250-61 pubmed publisher..Larger studies of nocardiosis are required to better identify risk factors associated with mortality, and alternative and more effective methods of prevention must be developed...
- Rubio G, Martinez Gras I, Manzanares J. Modulation of impulsivity by topiramate: implications for the treatment of alcohol dependence. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2009;29:584-9 pubmed publisher..The results of this study indicate that TP reduces drinking and that the mechanisms underlying this effect may involve, at least in part, modulation of the behavioral inhibition paradigm. ..
- Lundelin K, Vigil L, Bua S, Gomez Mestre I, Honrubia T, Varela M. Differences in complexity of glycemic profile in survivors and nonsurvivors in an intensive care unit: a pilot study. Crit Care Med. 2010;38:849-54 pubmed publisher..Loss of complexity in glycemia time series, evaluated by detrended fluctuation analysis, is associated with higher mortality. ..
- Caballero M, Umpierrez A, Moneo I, Rodriguez Perez R. Ani s 10, a new Anisakis simplex allergen: cloning and heterologous expression. Parasitol Int. 2011;60:209-12 pubmed publisher..A total of 30 of 77 Anisakis allergic patients (39%) were positive both to rAni s 10 and natural Ani s 10 by immunoblotting. The new allergen could be useful in a component-resolved diagnosis system for Anisakis allergy...
- Caronia D, Martin M, Sastre J, de la Torre J, Garcia Saenz J, Alonso M, et al. A polymorphism in the cytidine deaminase promoter predicts severe capecitabine-induced hand-foot syndrome. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:2006-13 pubmed publisher..7-fold increased allele-specific mRNA expression from the deleted allele. The deleted allele of rs3215400 shows an increased allele-specific expression and is significantly associated with an increased risk of capecitabine-induced HFS. ..
- Hurtado del Pozo C, Vesperinas García G, Rubio M, Corripio Sánchez R, Torres García A, Obregon M, et al. ChREBP expression in the liver, adipose tissue and differentiated preadipocytes in human obesity. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1811:1194-200 pubmed publisher..The dramatic increase of ChREBP mRNA and protein levels during preadipocyte differentiation suggests a role in adipogenesis. ..
- Plasencia C, Pascual Salcedo D, Nuno L, Bonilla G, Villalba A, Peiteado D, et al. Influence of immunogenicity on the efficacy of longterm treatment of spondyloarthritis with infliximab. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:1955-60 pubmed publisher..5%) vs 4/36 (11.1%), p=0.011). In patients with SpA treated with IFX, ATI formation is associated with a poor clinical response, the appearance of infusion reactions and the discontinuation of treatment. ..
- Pelaez J, Cogolludo P, Serrano B, Lozano J, Suárez M. A prospective evaluation of zirconia posterior fixed dental prostheses: three-year clinical results. J Prosthet Dent. 2012;107:373-9 pubmed publisher..The results of a 3-year evaluation suggest that posterior zirconia 3-unit fixed dental prostheses are a reliable treatment. ..
- Escaned J, Echavarría Pinto M, Gorgadze T, Gonzalo N, Armengol F, Hernandez R, et al. Safety of lone thrombus aspiration without concomitant coronary stenting in selected patients with acute myocardial infarction. EuroIntervention. 2013;8:1149-56 pubmed publisher..Our series suggests that lone TA might be safely performed as a primary revascularisation procedure in STEMI in selected cases. Further information based on additional and larger studies is recommended to confirm our findings. ..
- Gutiérrez Fisac J, León Muñoz L, Regidor E, Banegas J, Rodriguez Artalejo F. Trends in obesity and abdominal obesity in the older adult population of Spain (2000-2010). Obes Facts. 2013;6:1-8 pubmed publisher..This work examines the trend in obesity and abdominal obesity in the Spanish population aged 60 years and over during the first decade of the 21st century...
- Molines Barroso R, Lázaro Martínez J, Aragón Sánchez J, García Morales E, Beneit Montesinos J, Álvaro Afonso F. Analysis of transfer lesions in patients who underwent surgery for diabetic foot ulcers located on the plantar aspect of the metatarsal heads. Diabet Med. 2013;30:973-6 pubmed publisher..To analyse the risk of reulceration caused by the transfer of lesions in patients with diabetes, undergoing resection of at least one metatarsal head...
- Kroes M, Tendolkar I, van Wingen G, van Waarde J, Strange B, Fernandez G. An electroconvulsive therapy procedure impairs reconsolidation of episodic memories in humans. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:204-6 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence for reconsolidation of emotional episodic memories in humans. ..
- Alonso J, MuÃ±iz J, GÃ³mez Doblas J, RodrÃguez Roca G, Lobos J, Permanyer Miralda G, et al. Prevalence of Stable Angina in Spain. Results of the OFRECE Study. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:691-9 pubmed publisher..The prevalence of definite angina (Rose) in the Spanish population aged 40 years or older was 2.6%, whereas that of confirmed angina was 1.4%. Both prevalences increased with age, cardiovascular risk factors, and cardiovascular history. ..
- Lopez Serrano M, Moreno Ancillo A, Contreras J, Ortega N, Cabanas R, Barranco P, et al. Two cases of specific adverse reactions to systemic corticosteroids. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 1996;6:324-7 pubmed..The patients' reactions demonstrated cross-reactivity between methyl-prednisolone and the corticosteroids having a 16 carbon methyl group, and fluoride or methyl radicals on the 6 carbon. ..
- Artiga M, Bullido M, Frank A, Sastre I, Recuero M, Garcia M, et al. Risk for Alzheimer's disease correlates with transcriptional activity of the APOE gene. Hum Mol Genet. 1998;7:1887-92 pubmed
- Verdaguer J, Soler F, Fernandez Alba J, Concejo C, Acero J. Sliding osteotomies in mandibular reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001;107:1107-14 pubmed..Good results were obtained in 10 patients, total failure occurred in two, and complications without failure of the reconstruction arose in the other two...
- Garcia Lechuz J, Hernangómez S, Juan R, Pelaez T, Alcala L, Bouza E. Extra-intestinal infections caused by Clostridium difficile. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2001;7:453-7 pubmed..Death could not be directly attributed to C. difficile in any of the cases. The isolation of C. difficile outside the intestinal tract is very uncommon. Its clinical significance should be interpreted with caution. ..
- de la Loma A, Trallero G, de Ory F, Tenorio A, Sanz M, Echevarría J. [Lymphocytic meningitis in Spain: a possible epidemic situation in 2000]. Med Clin (Barc). 2002;118:694-5 pubmed..Nopolio enteroviruses were identified in 90% cases. Echovirus 30 and 13 were mainly characterized, the latter for the first time in Spain. The emergence of Echovirus 13 may explain the past epidemic situation. ..
- Rodríguez Ballesteros M, del Castillo F, Martin Y, Moreno Pelayo M, Morera C, Prieto F, et al. Auditory neuropathy in patients carrying mutations in the otoferlin gene (OTOF). Hum Mutat. 2003;22:451-6 pubmed..Our data are of concern to universal screening programs which use TEOAEs as the first detection test for hearing impairment in newborns, since this technique may overlook a nonnegligible proportion of cases. ..
- Herrero F, Balmer J, San Juan A, Foster C, Fleck S, Perez M, et al. Is cardiorespiratory fitness related to quality of life in survivors of breast cancer?. J Strength Cond Res. 2006;20:535-40 pubmed..The improvement of both submaximal indices can have a beneficial effect on QOL. ..
- Herrero F, San Juan A, Fleck S, Foster C, Lucia A. Effects of detraining on the functional capacity of previously trained breast cancer survivors. Int J Sports Med. 2007;28:257-64 pubmed
- Lopez Medrano F, Garcia Bravo M, Morales J, Andres A, San Juan R, Lizasoain M, et al. Urinary tract infection due to Corynebacterium urealyticum in kidney transplant recipients: an underdiagnosed etiology for obstructive uropathy and graft dysfunction-results of a prospective cohort study. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;46:825-30 pubmed publisher..Information about this infection in renal transplant recipients is based on case reports. We communicate the first prospective epidemiological study for this population...
- Muñoz Yagüe M, Solís Muñoz P, Salces I, Ballestin C, Colina F, Ibarrola C, et al. Chronic intestinal pseudo-obstruction: a diagnosis to be considered. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2009;101:336-42 pubmed
- Delgado J, García Guilarte R, Palazuelo M, Mendez J, Pérez C. Immediate breast reconstruction with direct, anatomic, gel-cohesive, extra-projection prosthesis: 400 cases. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;125:1599-605 pubmed publisher..Because of the low rate of complications elucidated, a prostheses-based technique of breast reconstruction should be made available to the public. ..
- Trevino A, Garcia J, de Mendoza C, Benito R, Aguilera A, Ortiz de Lejarazu R, et al. Prevalence of HTLV-1/2 infections in Spain: A cross-sectional hospital-based survey. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2010;26:861-4 pubmed publisher..Infected individuals are generally Spanish natives with a prior history of intravenous drug use and are coinfected with HIV-1 and/or HCV. ..
- Vano E, Kleiman N, Duran A, Rehani M, Echeverri D, Cabrera M. Radiation cataract risk in interventional cardiology personnel. Radiat Res. 2010;174:490-5 pubmed publisher..A significantly elevated incidence of radiation-associated lens changes in interventional cardiology workers indicates there is an urgent need to educate these professionals in radiation protection to reduce the likelihood of cataract. ..
- Giannella M, Alonso M, Garcia de Viedma D, López Roa P, Catalan P, Padilla B, et al. Prolonged viral shedding in pandemic influenza A(H1N1): clinical significance and viral load analysis in hospitalized patients. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2011;17:1160-5 pubmed publisher..PVS was detected in 25% of hospitalized patients with pandemic 2009 influenza A(H1N1) and was strongly associated with immunosuppression and the need for MV. Diagnostic VL and viral clearance varied with the clinical course. ..
- Tomás J, Montalban C, De Sevilla A, Martinez Lopez J, Diaz N, Canales M, et al. Frontline treatment of follicular lymphoma with fludarabine, cyclophosphamide, and rituximab followed by rituximab maintenance: toxicities overcome its high antilymphoma effect. Results from a Spanish Cooperative Trial (LNHF-03). Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:409-16 pubmed publisher..However, the high incidence of treatment-related mortality makes this regimen unsafe and it cannot be recommended as an upfront therapy in FL. ..
- Pino Yanes M, Ma S, Sun X, Tejera P, Corrales A, Blanco J, et al. Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase 3 gene associates with susceptibility to acute lung injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:740-5 pubmed publisher..017). Despite the need for replication in independent studies, our data suggest that common SNPs in the IRAK3 gene may be determinants of sepsis-induced ALI. ..
- Rodriguez L, Cea Soriano L, Martín Merino E, Johansson S. Discontinuation of low dose aspirin and risk of myocardial infarction: case-control study in UK primary care. BMJ. 2011;343:d4094 pubmed publisher..Individuals with a history of cardiovascular events who stop taking low dose aspirin are at increased risk of non-fatal myocardial infarction compared with those who continue treatment. ..
- Candelas G, Martínez López J, Rosario M, Carmona L, Loza E. Calcium supplementation and kidney stone risk in osteoporosis: a systematic literature review. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2012;30:954-61 pubmed..According to our results, calcium supplements in the treatment of osteoporosis alone or in combination with another type of treatment does not significantly increase the risk of nephrolithiasis or renal colic. ..
- Martinez Martin P, Reddy P, Antonini A, Henriksen T, Katzenschlager R, Odin P, et al. Chronic subcutaneous infusion therapy with apomorphine in advanced Parkinson's disease compared to conventional therapy: a real life study of non motor effect. J Parkinsons Dis. 2011;1:197-203 pubmed publisher..This pilot observational study suggests that non-motor effects are evident with apomorphine therapy and patients suitable for apomorphine deteriorate in the absence of therapy. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez Aranda F, AgÃ¼era Z, FernÃ¡ndez GarcÃa J, Garrido Sanchez L, Alcaide Torres J, Tinahones F, et al. Smell-taste dysfunctions in extreme weight/eating conditions: analysis of hormonal and psychological interactions. Endocrine. 2016;51:256-67 pubmed publisher..EWC individuals showed a distinct smell profile and circulating ghrelin levels compared to controls. Smell capacity and ghrelin may act as moderators of emotional eating and BMI. ..
- Espinoza Cuadros F, Fernández Pozo R, Toledano D, Alcázar Ramírez J, Lopez Gonzalo E, Hernández Gómez L. Reviewing the connection between speech and obstructive sleep apnea. Biomed Eng Online. 2016;15:20 pubmed publisher..We hope this study could not only be a useful example of relevant issues when using machine learning for medical diagnosis, but it will also help in guiding further research on the connection between speech and OSA. ..
- Arroyo R, Sempere A, Ruiz Beato E, Prefasi D, Carreño A, Roset M, et al. Conjoint analysis to understand preferences of patients with multiple sclerosis for disease-modifying therapy attributes in Spain: a cross-sectional observational study. BMJ Open. 2017;7:e014433 pubmed publisher..Understanding which treatment characteristics are meaningful to patients may help to tailor information for them and facilitate shared decision-making in clinical practice. ..
- Boixeda D, Bermejo F, Martin de Argila C, Lopez Sanroman A, Defarges V, Hernandez Ranz F, et al. Efficacy of quadruple therapy with pantoprazole, bismuth, tetracycline and metronidazole as rescue treatment for Helicobacter pylori infection. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2002;16:1457-60 pubmed..non-smokers: 83% (95% CI, 71-91%)). Quadruple therapy with pantoprazole, bismuth, tetracycline and metronidazole for 7 days is an effective H. pylori eradication treatment for patients in whom standard triple therapy has failed. ..
- Cuesta Herranz J, Pastor C, Figueredo E, Vidarte L, De las Heras M, Dur n C, et al. Identification of Cucumisin (Cuc m 1), a subtilisin-like endopeptidase, as the major allergen of melon fruit. Clin Exp Allergy. 2003;33:827-33 pubmed..The ubiquitous distribution of this protein family (cucumisin-like proteases) in many plant species and its high structural similarity suggest its potential role as a new panallergen in plant foods...
- Arranz Marquez E, Teus M, Saornil M, Mendez M, Gil R. Analysis of irises with a latanoprost-induced change in iris color. Am J Ophthalmol. 2004;138:625-30 pubmed..001, P = .01, P = .004, P = .01, respectively, by the chi(2) test). Chronic therapy with latanoprost appears to induce more changes in the iris than a simple increase in the melanin content of the melanocytes. ..
- García Aranda C, de Juan C, Díaz López A, Sánchez Pernaute A, Torres A, Diaz Rubio E, et al. Correlations of telomere length, telomerase activity, and telomeric-repeat binding factor 1 expression in colorectal carcinoma. Cancer. 2006;106:541-51 pubmed..Conversely, colorectal tumors that over-expressed TRF1 demonstrated telomere shortening, and patients with those tumors had a better clinical course. ..
- Rubio Flores C, Martín Díaz M, González Beato M, Díaz Díaz R. [Granuloma from liquid silicone]. Actas Dermosifiliogr. 2005;96:598-601 pubmed..We report the case of a female patient with inflammatory lesions of the face, whose diagnosis was made after the histopathological study, which revealed a granuloma caused by liquid silicone...
- Pardo de Santayana M, Tardío J, Morales R. The gathering and consumption of wild edible plants in the Campoo (Cantabria, Spain). Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2005;56:529-42 pubmed..Unusual food species, such as Pedicularis schizocalyx, Romulea bulbocodium or Viburnum lantana, have also been gathered in the study area...
- Miranda Carús M, Benito Miguel M, Balsa A, Cobo Ibáñez T, Pérez de Ayala C, Pascual Salcedo D, et al. Peripheral blood T lymphocytes from patients with early rheumatoid arthritis express RANKL and interleukin-15 on the cell surface and promote osteoclastogenesis in autologous monocytes. Arthritis Rheum. 2006;54:1151-64 pubmed..T cells are important contributors to the pathogenesis of bone erosions in RA through interaction with osteoclast precursors of the monocyte/macrophage lineage. ..
- Lopez Gonzalez R, Loza E, Jover J, Benitez del Castillo J, Mendez R, Hernandez Garcia C, et al. Treatment of refractory posterior uveitis with infliximab: a 7-year follow-up study. Scand J Rheumatol. 2009;38:58-62 pubmed publisher..To describe, in a 7-year follow-up study, the use of infliximab in patients with refractory posterior uveitis and scleritis...
- Collao X, Palacios G, Sanbonmatsu Gámez S, Pérez Ruiz M, Negredo A, Navarro Marí J, et al. Genetic diversity of Toscana virus. Emerg Infect Dis. 2009;15:574-7 pubmed publisher..To characterize genetic diversity of TOSV, we determined the coding sequences of isolates from Spain and France. TOSV is more diverse than other well-studied phleboviruses (e.g.,Rift Valley fever virus). ..
- Leskela S, Jara C, Leandro García L, Martinez A, Garcia Donas J, Hernando S, et al. Polymorphisms in cytochromes P450 2C8 and 3A5 are associated with paclitaxel neurotoxicity. Pharmacogenomics J. 2011;11:121-9 pubmed publisher..The incorporation of this genetic data in treatment selection could help to reduce neurotoxicity events, thereby individualizing paclitaxel pharmacotherapy. These results warrant validation in independent series. ..
- Perea J, Alvaro E, Rodriguez Y, Gravalos C, Sánchez Tomé E, Rivera B, et al. Approach to early-onset colorectal cancer: clinicopathological, familial, molecular and immunohistochemical characteristics. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:3697-703 pubmed..beta-catenin expression was normal in a high percentage of tumors. Early-onset CRC has an important familial component, with a high proportion of tumors showing microsatellite stable. Cyclin E might be a poor prognosis factor. ..
- Cuevas Sánchez P, Espinoza W, Perez C, Angulo J, Gimenez Gallego G. Topical treatment of actinic keratoses with potassium dobesilate 5% cream. a preliminary open-label study. Eur J Med Res. 2011;16:67-70 pubmed..Our preliminary trial shows that potassium dobesilate exerts anti-tumorigenic effects and may play a useful role in the chemoprevention of skin cancers. ..
- Almodovar R, Font P, Zarco Montejo P, Collantes E, Mulero J, Gratacos J, et al. Phenotypic differences between familial versus sporadic ankylosing spondylitis: a cross-sectional Spanish registry of spondyloarthropathies (REGISPONSER). Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2011;29:822-7 pubmed..There was a higher prevalence of females, uveitis, positive HLA-B27, hip prostheses and a better response to NSAID in the familial AS group. ..
- Cuesta Dominguez A, Ortega M, Ormazábal C, Santos Roncero M, Galán Díez M, Steegmann J, et al. Transforming and tumorigenic activity of JAK2 by fusion to BCR: molecular mechanisms of action of a novel BCR-JAK2 tyrosine-kinase. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32451 pubmed publisher..Together these findings suggest that adult and pediatric patients with BCR-ABL-negative leukemia and JAK2 overexpression may benefit from targeted therapies. ..