Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on immunohistochemistry in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Cruz C, Glavic A, Casado M, de Celis J. A gain-of-function screen identifying genes required for growth and pattern formation of the Drosophila melanogaster wing. Genetics. 2009;183:1005-26 pubmed publisher..Finally, we present a preliminary characterization of a gene identified in the screen, the function of which is required for the development of the L5 longitudinal vein. ..
- Morel E, Escamochero S, Cabañas R, Diaz R, Fiandor A, Bellón T. CD94/NKG2C is a killer effector molecule in patients with Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010;125:703-10, 710.e1-710.e8 pubmed publisher..CD94/NKG2C might be involved in triggering cytotoxic lymphocytes in patients with SJS and TEN. ..
- Aguilar Morante D, Morales Garcia J, Sanz Sancristobal M, Garcia Cabezas M, Santos A, Perez Castillo A. Inhibition of glioblastoma growth by the thiadiazolidinone compound TDZD-8. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e13879 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that TDZD-8 uses a novel mechanism to target glioblastoma cells, and that malignant progenitor population could be a target of this compound. ..
- Jordán Álvarez S, Fouquet W, Sigrist S, Acebes A. Presynaptic PI3K activity triggers the formation of glutamate receptors at neuromuscular terminals of Drosophila. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:3621-9 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that PI3K-dependent synaptogenesis plays an instructive role in PSD formation and growth from the presynaptic side. ..
- Georgiev Hristov T, Garcia Arranz M, García Gómez I, Garcia Cabezas M, Trebol J, Vega Clemente L, et al. Sutures enriched with adipose-derived stem cells decrease the local acute inflammation after tracheal anastomosis in a murine model. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012;42:e40-7 pubmed publisher..ASCs suppress the local acute inflammatory reaction (increased macrophage migration and decreased neutrophil infiltration) in the tracheal anastomosis and cause an early switch from acute to chronic inflammation. ..
- Llamas Velasco M, Pérez González Y, Requena L, Kutzner H. Histopathologic clues for the diagnosis of Wiesner nevus. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;70:549-54 pubmed publisher..Immunohistochemically, Wiesner nevus is BAP1 negative and VE1 positive. ..
- Bartolomé M, Ibáñez Olías M, Gil Loyzaga P. Transitional expression of OX-2 and GAP-43 glycoproteins in developing rat cochlear nerve fibers. Histol Histopathol. 2002;17:83-95 pubmed publisher..While both glycoproteins could participate in axonal growing and orientation, OX-2 could also be involved in a similar process for auditory dendrites. ..
- Palacios J, Honrado E, Osorio A, Cazorla A, Sarrio D, Barroso A, et al. Immunohistochemical characteristics defined by tissue microarray of hereditary breast cancer not attributable to BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutations: differences from breast carcinomas arising in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. Clin Cancer Res. 2003;9:3606-14 pubmed..In addition, the study also demonstrates the usefulness of tissue microarray technology in the evaluation of the immunophenotypic features of hereditary breast cancer. ..
- Esteban V, Lorenzo O, Ruperez M, Suzuki Y, Mezzano S, Blanco J, et al. Angiotensin II, via AT1 and AT2 receptors and NF-kappaB pathway, regulates the inflammatory response in unilateral ureteral obstruction. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2004;15:1514-29 pubmed
- Arriazu R, Pozuelo J, Martin R, Rodriguez R, Santamaria L. Quantitative and immunohistochemical evaluation of PCNA, androgen receptors, apoptosis, and Glutathione-S-Transferase P1 on preneoplastic changes induced by cadmium and zinc chloride in the rat ventral prostate. Prostate. 2005;63:347-57 pubmed..2) The decrease of apoptosis has little influence in the development of dysplasia. (3) GSTP1 could play a role in the response to the oxidative stress in the dysplastic changes caused by cadmium. ..
- Garcia Palencia P, Sanchez M, Nieto A, Vilar M, Gonzalez M, Veiga Lopez A, et al. Sex steroid receptor expression in the oviduct and uterus of sheep with estrus synchronized with progestagen or prostaglandin analogues. Anim Reprod Sci. 2007;97:25-35 pubmed..05) on day 4 in the animals treated with progestagens. Results indicate that sheep with synchronization of estrus with progestagens showed a reduction of ERalpha and PR protein expression in most of oviductal and uterine cells. ..
- Munoz A, Mendez P, DeFelipe J, Alvarez Leefmans F. Cation-chloride cotransporters and GABA-ergic innervation in the human epileptic hippocampus. Epilepsia. 2007;48:663-73 pubmed
- Barreto G, Veiga S, Azcoitia I, Garcia Segura L, Garcia Ovejero D. Testosterone decreases reactive astroglia and reactive microglia after brain injury in male rats: role of its metabolites, oestradiol and dihydrotestosterone. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;25:3039-46 pubmed..The regulation of gliosis may be part of the neuroprotective mechanism of testosterone. ..
- Martin M, Rodriguez Lescure A, Ruiz A, Alba E, Calvo L, Ruiz Borrego M, et al. Randomized phase 3 trial of fluorouracil, epirubicin, and cyclophosphamide alone or followed by Paclitaxel for early breast cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2008;100:805-14 pubmed publisher..Among patients with operable breast cancer, FEC-P treatment statistically significantly reduced the risk of relapse compared with FEC as adjuvant therapy. ..
- Morona R, González A. Calbindin-D28k and calretinin expression in the forebrain of anuran and urodele amphibians: further support for newly identified subdivisions. J Comp Neurol. 2008;511:187-220 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the content of a particular calcium binding protein in a neuronal group is not a fully reliable criterion for considering homologies...
- Vandermeeren A, Gómez C, Patiño C, Domingo Gil E, Guerra S, Gonzalez J, et al. Subcellular forms and biochemical events triggered in human cells by HCV polyprotein expression from a viral vector. Virol J. 2008;5:102 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate the uniqueness of the VT7-HCV7.9 system to characterize morphological and biochemical events related to HCV pathogenesis. ..
- Largo R, Martinez Calatrava M, Sanchez Pernaute O, Marcos M, Moreno Rubio J, Aparicio C, et al. Effect of a high dose of glucosamine on systemic and tissue inflammation in an experimental model of atherosclerosis aggravated by chronic arthritis. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;297:H268-76 pubmed publisher..GS also prevented the development of inflammation-associated aortic lesions. These results suggest an atheroprotective effect of GS. ..
- Jimenez Heffernan J, Corbacho C, Cañizal J, Pérez Campos A, Vicandi B, Lopez Ibor L, et al. Cytological changes induced by embolization in meningiomas. Cytopathology. 2012;23:57-60 pubmed publisher..When faced with such changes the pathologist should consider the possibility of embolization, avoiding misdiagnosis of higher grade meningioma or metastatic carcinoma. ..
- Granado N, Ares Santos S, Oliva I, O Shea E, Martin E, Colado M, et al. Dopamine D2-receptor knockout mice are protected against dopaminergic neurotoxicity induced by methamphetamine or MDMA. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;42:391-403 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that the D2R is necessary for METH and MDMA neurotoxicity and that the neuroprotective effect of D2R inactivation is independent of its effect on body temperature. ..
- Gámez Pozo A, Sánchez Navarro I, Calvo E, Agulló Ortuño M, Lopez Vacas R, Diaz E, et al. PTRF/cavin-1 and MIF proteins are identified as non-small cell lung cancer biomarkers by label-free proteomics. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e33752 pubmed publisher..The application of discovery-based proteomics analyses in clinical samples allowed us to identify new potential biomarkers and therapeutic targets in non-small cell lung cancer. ..
- Martínez M, Ubeda A, Cid M, Trillo M. The proliferative response of NB69 human neuroblastoma cells to a 50 Hz magnetic field is mediated by ERK1/2 signaling. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2012;29:675-86 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the described results indicate that a 50 Hz, 100 μT MF can stimulate proliferation in NB69 cells by triggering MAPK-ERK1/ 2 signaling at each of the "On" periods of an intermittent exposure. ..
- Revelles J, Machan S, Pielasinski U, Camacho D, Vallés L, Santonja C, et al. Pseudoxanthoma elasticum-like papillary dermal elastolysis: immunohistochemical study using elastic fiber cross-reactivity with an antibody against amyloid P component. Am J Dermatopathol. 2012;34:637-43 pubmed publisher..We also review the literature about this rare process and discuss the differential diagnosis with other elastic tissue disorders that may show similar clinical and/or histopathologic findings...
- Benito Martin A, Ucero A, Izquierdo M, Santamaria B, Picatoste B, Carrasco S, et al. Endogenous NAMPT dampens chemokine expression and apoptotic responses in stressed tubular cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:293-303 pubmed publisher..Thus, disruption of endogenous NAMPT function in stressed cells promotes tubular cell death and chemokine expression. This information may be relevant for the design of novel therapeutic strategies in DN. ..
- Marazuela M, Acevedo A, García López M, Adrados M, de Marco M, Alonso M. Expression of MAL2, an integral protein component of the machinery for basolateral-to-apical transcytosis, in human epithelia. J Histochem Cytochem. 2004;52:243-52 pubmed..Our results allow the prediction of the existence of MAL2-based trafficking pathways in specific cell types and suggest applications of the anti-MAL2 antibody for the characterization of neoplastic tissue. ..
- Venero C, Guadaño Ferraz A, Herrero A, Nordstrom K, Manzano J, de Escobar G, et al. Anxiety, memory impairment, and locomotor dysfunction caused by a mutant thyroid hormone receptor alpha1 can be ameliorated by T3 treatment. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2152-63 pubmed..Here, the hormone treatment normalized the otherwise delayed cerebellar development. The data thus identify two novel and distinct functions of an unliganded TRalpha1 during development and adulthood, respectively. ..
- Rodríguez Casado A, Alvarez I, Toledano A, De Miguel E, Carmona P. Amphetamine effects on brain protein structure and oxidative stress as revealed by FTIR microspectroscopy. Biopolymers. 2007;86:437-46 pubmed..These result suggest that ROS generated by amphetamine-mediated oxidative stress induce formation beta-sheet-rich proteins which can be of amyloid beta-like character. ..
- Nus M, MacGrogan D, Martínez Poveda B, Benito Y, Casanova J, Fernandez Aviles F, et al. Diet-induced aortic valve disease in mice haploinsufficient for the Notch pathway effector RBPJK/CSL. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1580-8 pubmed publisher..Our data establish a genetic mouse model of calcific aortic valve disease and may help to identify a patient population with reduced valvular NOTCH signaling at risk for developing this disease. ..
- Martin P, Salas C, Provencio M, Abraira V, Bellas C. Heterogeneous expression of Src tyrosine kinases Lyn, Fyn and Syk in classical Hodgkin lymphoma: prognostic implications. Leuk Lymphoma. 2011;52:2162-8 pubmed publisher..05). Overexpression of Syk and the availability of Syk inhibitors suggest that this molecule might be a therapeutic strategy worthy of development for cases expressing this molecule. ..
- Muñoz Repeto I, Garcia M, Kamieniak M, Ramon Y Cajal T, Domingo S, Cazorla A, et al. Phenotypic characterization of hereditary epithelial ovarian cancer based on a tissue microarray study. Histol Histopathol. 2013;28:133-44 pubmed publisher..Unsupervised cluster analysis and survival analysis identified ERCC1 as a potential marker of better clinical outcome for hereditary epithelial ovarian cancer. ..
- BarabÃ¡si B, Csondor A, MartÃn Pozas T, Pulupa SÃ¡nchez A, Antalffy G, SiklÃ³s L, et al. Effect of axotomy and 17Î²-estradiol on P2X7 receptor expression pattern in the hypoglossal nucleus of ovariectomized mice. Neuroscience. 2016;319:107-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that axotomy induces cell-type specific changes in P2X7 receptor expression, which may be directly regulated by 17Î²-estradiol through ER alpha or beta in neurons, but not in activated microglia. ..
- del Rio M, Defelipe J. A study of SMI 32-stained pyramidal cells, parvalbumin-immunoreactive chandelier cells, and presumptive thalamocortical axons in the human temporal neocortex. J Comp Neurol. 1994;342:389-408 pubmed
- Jimenez M, Petit T, Gancedo C, Goday C. The alm1+ gene from Schizosaccharomyces pombe encodes a coiled-coil protein that associates with the medial region during mitosis. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;262:921-30 pubmed..We propose that Alm1 participates in the structural organization of the medial region in S. pombe. ..
- Martinez Rodriguez R, Toledano A, Alvarez M, Turégano L, Colman O, Rosés P, et al. Chronic nicotine administration increases NGF-like immunoreactivity in frontoparietal cerebral cortex. J Neurosci Res. 2003;73:708-16 pubmed..Nicotinic activation of selected neurons and glial cells seems to trigger NGF/neurotrophic mechanisms, suggesting their use may be of benefit in prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Marazuela M, Martin Belmonte F, García López M, Aranda J, de Marco M, Alonso M. Expression and distribution of MAL2, an essential element of the machinery for basolateral-to-apical transcytosis, in human thyroid epithelial cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1011-6 pubmed
- Brun A, Castilla J, Ramirez M, Prager K, Parra B, Salguero F, et al. Proteinase K enhanced immunoreactivity of the prion protein-specific monoclonal antibody 2A11. Neurosci Res. 2004;48:75-83 pubmed..Since definitive diagnosis of prion diseases rely on IHC assays of proteinase K-treated samples, the use of mAb 2A11 might contribute to reduce the occurrence of false positive detection due to incomplete proteinase K digestion. ..
- Lopez J, Moreno N, Morona R, González A. Distribution of neuropeptide FF-like immunoreactivity in the brain of Dermophis mexicanus (Amphibia; Gymnophiona): comparison with FMRFamide immunoreactivity. Brain Behav Evol. 2006;67:150-64 pubmed
- Suarez I, Bodega G, Arilla E, Felipo V, Fernandez B. The expression of nNOS, iNOS and nitrotyrosine is increased in the rat cerebral cortex in experimental hepatic encephalopathy. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol. 2006;32:594-604 pubmed
- Arroba A, Lechuga Sancho A, Frago L, Argente J, Chowen J. Cell-specific expression of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis in the anterior pituitary of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. J Endocrinol. 2007;192:215-27 pubmed..Furthermore, both pituitary cell death and expression of protective mechanisms such as XIAP are cell-type specific. ..
- Crooke A, Mediero A, Guzm n Ar nguez A, Pintor J. Silencing of P2Y2 receptor delays Ap4A-corneal re-epithelialization process. Mol Vis. 2009;15:1169-78 pubmed..The application of P2Y(2)-R siRNA has demonstrated the role of this receptor in the accelerating effect of diadenosine tetraphosphate (Ap(4)A) on the corneal wound healing process...
- Estacio Gómez A, Moris Sanz M, Schäfer A, Perea D, Herrero P, Diaz Benjumea F. Bithorax-complex genes sculpt the pattern of leucokinergic neurons in the Drosophila central nervous system. Development. 2013;140:2139-48 pubmed publisher..We show that genes of the Bx-C acted in postmitotic cells to specify the segment-specific appearance of leucokinergic cells in the larval and adult ventral nerve cord. ..
- Millán C, Lujan R, Shigemoto R, Sánchez Prieto J. Subtype-specific expression of group III metabotropic glutamate receptors and Ca2+ channels in single nerve terminals. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:47796-803 pubmed..This specific coexpression of different group III mGluRs and Ca(2+) channels may endow synaptic terminals with distinct release properties and reveals the existence of a high degree of presynaptic heterogeneity. ..
- Salamanca J, Rodriguez Peralto J, Azorin D, Ballestin C, de Agustin P. Paratesticular congenital malignant rhabdoid tumor diagnosed by fine-needle aspiration cytology. a case report. Diagn Cytopathol. 2004;30:46-50 pubmed..We emphasize the characteristic cytologic features of a congenital rhabdoid tumor, which must be known by pathologists because of the clinical and prognostic implications. Diagn. Cytopathol. 2004;30:46-50. ..
- García Tuñón I, Ricote M, Ruiz A, Fraile B, Paniagua R, Royuela M. Cell cycle control related proteins (p53, p21, and Rb) and transforming growth factor beta (TGFbeta) in benign and carcinomatous (in situ and infiltrating) human breast: implications in malignant transformations. Cancer Invest. 2006;24:119-25 pubmed..In the infiltrating tumors, the expression of p21 in the nuclei and the decrease in pRb expression suggest an insufficient attempt to hinder cell proliferation. ..
- Morona R, Lopez J, González A. Calbindin-D28k and calretinin immunoreactivity in the spinal cord of the lizard Gekko gecko: Colocalization with choline acetyltransferase and nitric oxide synthase. Brain Res Bull. 2006;69:519-34 pubmed
- Morona R, Lopez J, Dominguez L, González A. Immunohistochemical and hodological characterization of calbindin-D28k-containing neurons in the spinal cord of the turtle, Pseudemys scripta elegans. Microsc Res Tech. 2007;70:101-18 pubmed
- Jiménez A, Sanchez B, Pérez Alenza D, Garcia P, López J, Rodriguez A, et al. Membranous glomerulonephritis in the Iberian lynx (Lynx pardinus). Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2008;121:34-43 pubmed..We postulate a possible genetic predisposition towards the disease, enhanced by inbreeding and a possible connection to an immune-mediated systemic disease...
- Marin Garcia P, Sánchez Nogueiro J, Gomez Villafuertes R, Leon D, Miras Portugal M. Synaptic terminals from mice midbrain exhibit functional P2X7 receptor. Neuroscience. 2008;151:361-73 pubmed..These biochemical and pharmacological experiments are consistent with the presence of a functional P2X(7) receptor in wild type mice midbrain, and the existence of a less efficient "P2X(7)-like" receptor in the KO model. ..
- Lorz C, Benito Martin A, Boucherot A, Ucero A, Rastaldi M, Henger A, et al. The death ligand TRAIL in diabetic nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2008;19:904-14 pubmed publisher..TRAIL also activated NF-kappaB, and inhibition of NF-kappaB sensitized cells to TRAIL-induced apoptosis. It is proposed that TRAIL-induced cell death could play an important role in the progression of human DN. ..
- Sanchez Nino M, Sanz A, Ihalmo P, Lassila M, Holthofer H, Mezzano S, et al. The MIF receptor CD74 in diabetic podocyte injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2009;20:353-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that CD74 acts as a receptor for MIF in podocytes and may play a role in the pathogenesis of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Galindo M, Gonzalo E, Martinez Vidal M, Montes S, Redondo N, Santiago B, et al. Immunohistochemical detection of intravascular platelet microthrombi in patients with lupus nephritis and anti-phospholipid antibodies. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2009;48:1003-7 pubmed publisher..In contrast, histological lesions consistent with APS nephropathy were not associated with aPLs but with cardiovascular risk factors and worse renal outcome. ..
- Fernández Lamo I, Montero Pedrazuela A, Delgado García J, Guadaño Ferraz A, Gruart A. Effects of thyroid hormone replacement on associative learning and hippocampal synaptic plasticity in adult hypothyroid rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:679-92 pubmed publisher..The present results have important clinical implications for the handling of patients with adult-onset thyroid diseases. ..
- Romero A, Martin M, Cheang M, López García Asenjo J, Oliva B, He X, et al. Assessment of Topoisomerase II ? status in breast cancer by quantitative PCR, gene expression microarrays, immunohistochemistry, and fluorescence in situ hybridization. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:1453-60 pubmed publisher..All of these features should be taken into consideration when assessing the predictive value of TOP2A for anthracycline-based chemotherapy. ..
- Molina Ruiz A, Del Carmen Fariña M, Carrasco L, Santonja C, Rodriguez Peralto J, Torrelo A, et al. Saurian papulosis: a new clinicopathological entity. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013;68:e17-22 pubmed publisher..Only two patients and one sibling were investigated. We propose the name "saurian papulosis" to describe this newly described clinicopathologic entity. ..
- Peralta S, Clemente P, Sanchez Martinez A, Calleja M, Hernández Sierra R, Matsushima Y, et al. Coiled coil domain-containing protein 56 (CCDC56) is a novel mitochondrial protein essential for cytochrome c oxidase function. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:24174-85 pubmed publisher..melanogaster. We propose CCDC56 as a candidate factor required for COX biogenesis/assembly. ..
- Simon Areces J, Acaz Fonseca E, Ruiz Palmero I, Garcia Segura L, Arevalo M. A CRM1-mediated nuclear export signal is essential for cytoplasmic localization of neurogenin 3 in neurons. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55237 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological perturbation of the cytoskeleton revealed that cytoplasmic Ngn3 is associated with microtubules. ..
- Moreno F, Indakoetxea B, Barandiaran M, Caballero M, Gorostidi A, Calafell F, et al. The unexpected co-occurrence of GRN and MAPT p.A152T in Basque families: Clinical and pathological characteristics. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178093 pubmed publisher..A152T MAPT variant does not appear to show a discernible influence on the clinical phenotype of GRN carriers. Whether p.A152T confers a greater than expected propensity for tau pathology in these GRN carriers remains an open question. ..
- Blanco R, Martínez Navarrete G, Valiente Soriano F, Avilés Trigueros M, Pérez Rico C, Serrano Puebla A, et al. The S1P1 receptor-selective agonist CYM-5442 protects retinal ganglion cells in endothelin-1 induced retinal ganglion cell loss. Exp Eye Res. 2017;164:37-45 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study further demonstrate the important role of S1P1 receptor agonists to lessen intravitreal ET-1 induced RGC loss. ..
- Martinez Delgado B, Cuadros M, Honrado E, Ruiz de la Parte A, Roncador G, Alves J, et al. Differential expression of NF-kappaB pathway genes among peripheral T-cell lymphomas. Leukemia. 2005;19:2254-63 pubmed..The expression profile associated to reduced expression of NF-kappaB genes was significantly associated with shorter survival of patients and seems to be an independent prognostic factor in a multivariate analysis. ..
- Sánchez Camacho C, Lopez J, González A. Basal forebrain cholinergic system of the anuran amphibian Rana perezi: evidence for a shared organization pattern with amniotes. J Comp Neurol. 2006;494:961-75 pubmed..In particular, anurans and mammals (for which most data is available) share a strikingly comparable organization pattern of the BFCS. ..
- Roncero I, Sanz C, Alvarez E, Vazquez P, Barrio P, Blazquez E. Glucokinase and glucokinase regulatory proteins are functionally coexpressed before birth in the rat brain. J Neuroendocrinol. 2009;21:973-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that both proteins may be functionally active before birth and that they can act within a glucose sensor system involved in controlling food intake. ..
- Sauer M, Friml J. Immunolocalization of proteins in plants. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;655:253-63 pubmed publisher..Additionally, for bulky or hard tissue types, a variation of this protocol for paraffin-embedded sections is given. ..
- Cubelos B, Giménez C, Zafra F. Localization of the GLYT1 glycine transporter at glutamatergic synapses in the rat brain. Cereb Cortex. 2005;15:448-59 pubmed..In conclusion, the close spatial association of GLYT1 and glutamatergic synapses strongly supports a role for this protein in neurotransmission mediated by NMDA receptors in the forebrain, and perhaps in other regions of the CNS. ..
- Alelú Paz R, Gimenez Amaya J. Chemical parcellation of the anterior thalamic nuclei in the human brain. J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2007;114:969-81 pubmed..These morphological findings describe a heterogeneous chemical anatomy in the human ATN which may reflect regional differences in the functional organization of the ATN with respect to the other thalamic nuclei and the cerebral cortex. ..
- Lara M, Santos M, Ruiz S, Segrelles C, Moral M, Martínez Cruz A, et al. p107 acts as a tumor suppressor in pRb-deficient epidermis. Mol Carcinog. 2008;47:105-13 pubmed..Overall, our data demonstrate that p107 behaves as a tumor suppressor in epidermis in the absence of pRb and suggest novel tumor-suppressive roles for p107 in the context of functional p53 and activated Ras. ..
- Martínez Iglesias O, Garcia Silva S, Regadera J, Aranda A. Hypothyroidism enhances tumor invasiveness and metastasis development. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6428 pubmed publisher..On the other hand, the finding that hypothyroidism can affect differentially tumor growth and invasiveness can contribute to the explanation of the confounding reports on the influence of thyroidal status in human cancer. ..
- Fernández López D, Pradillo J, García Yébenes I, Martínez Orgado J, Moro M, Lizasoain I. The cannabinoid WIN55212-2 promotes neural repair after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Stroke. 2010;41:2956-64 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the activation of the endocannabinoid system promotes white and gray matter recovery after neonatal HI injury. ..
- Palacios J, Benito N, Berraquero R, Pizarro A, Cano A, Gamallo C. Differential spatiotemporal expression of E- and P-cadherin during mouse tooth development. Int J Dev Biol. 1995;39:663-6 pubmed
- Guerrero R, Navarro P, Gallego E, Avila J, de Yebenes J, Sanchez M. Park2-null/tau transgenic mice reveal a functional relationship between parkin and tau. J Alzheimers Dis. 2008;13:161-72 pubmed..Thus, the combination of Park-2 gene deletion with hTauVLW transgene overexpression in mice produces serious neuropathological effects, which reflect the existence of some relationship between both proteins...
- Herranz D, Maraver A, Canamero M, Gomez Lopez G, Inglada Pérez L, Robledo M, et al. SIRT1 promotes thyroid carcinogenesis driven by PTEN deficiency. Oncogene. 2013;32:4052-6 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show in cultured thyroid cancer cells that SIRT1 stabilizes c-MYC protein. These results implicate SIRT1 as a new candidate target for the treatment of thyroid carcinomas. ..
- Manzanal A, Santon A, Acevedo A, Aguilera B, Oliva H, Bellas C. Molecular analysis of the IgH gene in 212 cases of Hodgkin's disease: correlation of IgH clonality with the histologic and the immunocytochemical features. Mod Pathol. 1997;10:679-85 pubmed..There was, however, no correlation between the histologic subtype, the percentage of HRS cells, the presence of latent membrane protein-1 expression, and the molecular analysis results...
- Araujo M, Piedra M, Herrera M, Ros M, Nieto M. The expression and regulation of chick EphA7 suggests roles in limb patterning and innervation. Development. 1998;125:4195-204 pubmed..Moreover, they implicate the Eph receptor family in the patterning and innervation of the developing limb, extending its role in axon pathfinding to the distal periphery. ..
- Royuela M, Fraile B, Arenas M, Paniagua R. Characterization of several invertebrate muscle cell types: a comparison with vertebrate muscles. Microsc Res Tech. 2000;48:107-15 pubmed..In smooth muscles, the presence of apparently unordered electron-dense bodies instead of ordered Z lines and the absence of true sarcomeres permit a certain overlapping of thin filaments increasing the range of shortening. ..
- Gomez Ramos P, Mufson E, Moran M. Apolipoprotein E immunoreactivity in neurons and neurofibrillary degeneration of aged non-demented and Alzheimer's disease patients. Microsc Res Tech. 2001;55:48-58 pubmed..The more consistent colocalization of anti-ApoE and AT-8 in extracellular tangles reveals that ApoE mainly binds to tangles once they are in the extracellular space, in a manner similar to that described for amyloid fibrils. ..
- Carrasco Rando M, Ruiz Gomez M. Mind bomb 2, a founder myoblast-specific protein, regulates myoblast fusion and muscle stability. Development. 2008;135:849-57 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Mib2 acts sequentially in myoblast fusion and sarcomeric stability by two separable processes involving distinct functions of Mib2. ..
- Camacho F, Mollejo M, Mateo M, Algara P, Navas C, Hernandez J, et al. Progression to large B-cell lymphoma in splenic marginal zone lymphoma: a description of a series of 12 cases. Am J Surg Pathol. 2001;25:1268-76 pubmed..The frequency of the 7q deletion in this series was 3 of 7 (42%). 7q loss may play an alternative role in the inactivation of the p53 and p16INK4a pathway, thereby favoring tumoral progression...
- Tejera N, Gomez Garre D, Lazaro A, Gallego Delgado J, Alonso C, Blanco J, et al. Persistent proteinuria up-regulates angiotensin II type 2 receptor and induces apoptosis in proximal tubular cells. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:1817-26 pubmed..In summary, our data suggest that persistent proteinuria causes apoptosis in tubular cells through the activation of AT2 receptor, which can, in turn, inhibit MAP kinase (ERK1/2) activation and Bcl-2 phosphorylation. ..
- de Iriarte RodrÃguez R, Pulido S, RodrÃguez de la Rosa L, MagariÃ±os M, Varela Nieto I. Age-regulated function of autophagy in the mouse inner ear. Hear Res. 2015;330:39-50 pubmed publisher..Our data also strongly support that the up-regulation of autophagy machinery genes is concomitant with the functional maturation of the inner ear. ..
- Gomez Garre D, Martin Ventura J, Granados R, Sancho T, Torres R, Ruano M, et al. Losartan improves resistance artery lesions and prevents CTGF and TGF-beta production in mild hypertensive patients. Kidney Int. 2006;69:1237-44 pubmed..These data may explain the molecular mechanisms of the better vascular protection afforded by drugs interfering with the renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Zurita M, Vaquero J. Bone marrow stromal cells can achieve cure of chronic paraplegic rats: functional and morphological outcome one year after transplantation. Neurosci Lett. 2006;402:51-6 pubmed..At this time, functional recovery is almost complete and associated with evident nervous tissue regeneration in the previously injured spinal cord. ..
- Lucendo A, Navarro M, Comas C, Pascual J, Burgos E, Santamaria L, et al. Immunophenotypic characterization and quantification of the epithelial inflammatory infiltrate in eosinophilic esophagitis through stereology: an analysis of the cellular mechanisms of the disease and the immunologic capacity of the esophagus. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:598-606 pubmed..EE represents growth of this esophageal capacity and its pathogeny could respond to mixed cellular and humoral mechanisms. ..
- Cuadros M, Dave S, Jaffe E, Honrado E, Milne R, Alves J, et al. Identification of a proliferation signature related to survival in nodal peripheral T-cell lymphomas. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:3321-9 pubmed..0001), as well as with the percentage of CD68(+) cells. Our findings indicate that proliferation could be an important factor in evaluating nodal PTCL outcome and may help to define a more aggressive phenotype. ..
- Lopez J, Morona R, Moreno N, Dominguez L, González A. Origins of spinal cholinergic pathways in amphibians demonstrated by retrograde transport and choline acetyltransferase immunohistochemistry. Neurosci Lett. 2007;425:73-7 pubmed
- Contreras L, Urbieta A, Kobayashi K, Saheki T, Satrustegui J. Low levels of citrin (SLC25A13) expression in adult mouse brain restricted to neuronal clusters. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1009-16 pubmed publisher..The results support the notion that glial cells have much lower AGC levels and MAS activity than neurons. ..