Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Murcia, Spain
Locale: Murcia, Spain
Publications378 found, 100 shown here
- Galindo Tovar A, Vargas M, Escudero E, Kaumann A. Ontogenic changes of the control by phosphodiesterase-3 and -4 of 5-HT responses in porcine heart and relevance to human atrial 5-HT(4) receptors. Br J Pharmacol. 2009;156:237-49 pubmed publisher..PDE3 and PDE4 jointly prevented fade of inotropic and cAMP responses to 5-HT in porcine atrium. Unlike porcine atria, only PDE3 induced fade of 5-HT responses in human atria. ..
- Anton A, Gonzalez Conejero R, Roldan V, Quiroga T, Sanchez Vega B, Corral J, et al. Study of 18 functional hemostatic polymorphisms in mucocutaneous bleeding disorders. Ann Hematol. 2010;89:1147-54 pubmed publisher..24; 95% CI, 0.11-0.52), supporting the polygenic nature of MCB. Our data suggest that some common polymorphisms affecting hemostasis-related genes could protect from bleeding. ..
- Sáez Ayala M, Sánchez del Campo L, Montenegro M, Chazarra S, Tarraga A, Cabezas Herrera J, et al. Comparison of a pair of synthetic tea-catechin-derived epimers: synthesis, antifolate activity, and tyrosinase-mediated activation in melanoma. ChemMedChem. 2011;6:440-9 pubmed publisher..TMCG was also a better inhibitor of dihydrofolate reductase and was more efficiently oxidized by tyrosinase, potentially explaining the difference in activity between these epimers. ..
- Garrido I, García Lara J, Pinar E, Pastor Pérez F, Sánchez Más J, Valdes Chavarri M, et al. Optical coherence tomography and highly sensitivity troponin T for evaluating cardiac allograft vasculopathy. Am J Cardiol. 2012;110:655-61 pubmed publisher..The findings suggest that OCT provides lower interobserver variability and better plaque characterization than IVUS. Also, hsTnT could become a useful tool for ruling out CAV. ..
- Hernandez Romero D, Jover E, Marin F, Vílchez J, Manzano Fernandez S, Romera M, et al. The prognostic role of the adiponectin levels in atrial fibrillation. Eur J Clin Invest. 2013;43:168-73 pubmed publisher..Adiponectin is suggested as an independent prognostic biomarker for cardiovascular events in anticoagulated female patients with AF. Our data reinforce the importance of AF as a risk marker of atherosclerotic vascular damage. ..
- Alvarez Larran A, Senín A, Fernández Rodríguez C, Pereira A, Arellano Rodrigo E, Gómez M, et al. Impact of genotype on leukaemic transformation in polycythaemia vera and essential thrombocythaemia. Br J Haematol. 2017;178:764-771 pubmed publisher..95 days, P = 0·003). In conclusion, CALR genotype is associated with a lower risk of leukaemic transformation. Leukaemia arising in a JAK2 V617F-negative clone is TP53 independent and shows better survival. ..
- García Santos J, Torres del Río S, Sanchez A, Martínez Lage J. Basal ganglia and thalamic tumours: an imaging approximation. Childs Nerv Syst. 2002;18:412-25 pubmed
- Walker M, Lombardi A, Zapata J, Trinkaus E. Neandertal mandibles from the Sima de las Palomas del Cabezo Gordo, Murcia, southeastern Spain. Am J Phys Anthropol. 2010;142:261-72 pubmed publisher..They also reinforce the presence of variability in both metric and discrete aspects of Neandertal mandibular morphology, both within and across samples, some of which may be temporal and/or geographic in nature. ..
- Stepien M, Duarte Salles T, Fedirko V, Trichopoulou A, Lagiou P, Bamia C, et al. Consumption of soft drinks and juices and risk of liver and biliary tract cancers in a European cohort. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:7-20 pubmed publisher..This study provides some insight into possible associations of HCC with sugary drinks intake. Further exploration in other settings is required. ..
- Jimenez Cervantes C, Germer S, Gonzalez P, Sanchez J, Sánchez C, Garcia Borron J. Thr40 and Met122 are new partial loss-of-function natural mutations of the human melanocortin 1 receptor. FEBS Lett. 2001;508:44-8 pubmed..The Val122Met form failed to achieve maximal cAMP responses comparable to the wild-type or Ile40Thr receptors. Thus, the Ile40Thr and Val122Met variants are partial loss-of-function natural mutations of MC1R. ..
- Martínez Martínez I, Navarro Fernández J, Águila S, Minano A, Bohdan N, de la Morena Barrio M, et al. The infective polymerization of conformationally unstable antithrombin mutants may play a role in the clinical severity of antithrombin deficiency. Mol Med. 2012;18:762-70 pubmed publisher..The in vitro results suggest a temporal and severe plasma antithrombin deficiency that may contribute to the development of the thrombotic event and to the clinical severity of these mutations. ..
- Gomez Martinez M, Luna A, Perez Carceles M. Decisions in complex clinical situations: Prevalence and factors associated in general public. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2016;64:103-10 pubmed publisher..Physicians should bear in mind these characteristics when confronted with critical clinical situations, involving difficult decisions. ..
- Medina Mirapeix F, Oliveira Sousa S, Escolar Reina P, Sobral Ferreira M, Lillo Navarro M, Collins S. Continuity of care in hospital rehabilitation services: a qualitative insight from inpatients' experience. Braz J Phys Ther. 2017;21:85-91 pubmed publisher..Inpatients often perceive their experiences of rehabilitation as being disconnected or incoherent over time. ..
- Fortner R, Schock H, Jung S, Allen N, Arslan A, Brinton L, et al. Anti-Mullerian hormone and endometrial cancer: a multi-cohort study. Br J Cancer. 2017;117:1412-1418 pubmed publisher..07 (0.99-1.17)), or with any of the examined subgroups. Although experimental models implicate AMH in endometrial cancer growth inhibition, our findings do not support a role for circulating AMH in the aetiology of endometrial cancer. ..
- Martínez Moreno P, Nieto Cerón S, Ruiz Espejo F, Torres Lanzas J, Tovar Zapata I, Martinez Hernandez P, et al. Acetylcholinesterase biogenesis is impaired in lung cancer tissues. Chem Biol Interact. 2005;157-158:359-61 pubmed..This study evaluates the efficacy of certain bifunctional compounds against HD and soman poisoning in mice in vivo. ..
- López Contreras A, Lopez Garcia C, Jimenez Cervantes C, Cremades A, Peñafiel R. Mouse ornithine decarboxylase-like gene encodes an antizyme inhibitor devoid of ornithine and arginine decarboxylating activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:30896-906 pubmed..A direct interaction between ODCp and AZs was detected by immunoprecipitation experiments. We conclude that mouse ODCp has no intrinsic decarboxylase activity, but it acts as a novel antizyme inhibitory protein (AZI2). ..
- Lopez Gil N, Castejón Mochón J, Fernández Sánchez V. Limitations of the ocular wavefront correction with contact lenses. Vision Res. 2009;49:1729-37 pubmed publisher..Most of the results could be applied to other methods of aberration correction, such as refractive surgery or correction by means of intraocular lenses. ..
- Navarro Fernández J, Tárraga López P, Rodriguez Montes J, López Cara M. Validity of tests performed to diagnose acute abdominal pain in patients admitted at an emergency department. Rev Esp Enferm Dig. 2009;101:610-8 pubmed
- Aviles M, Gutierrez Adan A, Coy P. Oviductal secretions: will they be key factors for the future ARTs?. Mol Hum Reprod. 2010;16:896-906 pubmed publisher..Finally, attention should be given to the presence in the oviductal fluid of several embryotrophic factors and their importance in relation to the in vivo versus in vitro developmental ability of the embryos...
- Vera Carbonell A, López Expósito I, Bafalliu J, Ballesta Martínez M, Glover G, Llópis C, et al. Molecular characterization of a new patient with a non-recurrent inv dup del 2q and review of the mechanisms for this rearrangement. Am J Med Genet A. 2010;152A:2670-80 pubmed publisher..The major clinical characteristics associated with this 2q rearrangement overlap with those commonly found in patients with 2q duplication reported in the literature. ..
- Consuegra SÃ¡nchez L, Melgarejo Moreno A, GalcerÃ¡ TomÃ¡s J, Alonso FernÃ¡ndez N, DÃaz Pastor Ã, Escudero GarcÃa G, et al. Educational Level and Long-term Mortality in Patients With Acute Myocardial Infarction. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:935-42 pubmed publisher..85; 95% confidence interval, 0.74-0.98). Our study shows an inverse and independent relationship between educational level and long-term mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarction. ..
- Sánchez Benavides G, Pena Casanova J, Casals Coll M, Gramunt N, Manero R, Puig Pijoan A, et al. One-Year Reference Norms of Cognitive Change in Spanish Old Adults: Data from the NEURONORMA Sample. Arch Clin Neuropsychol. 2016;31:378-88 pubmed publisher..This study provides with initial, preliminary norms of cognitive change for its use in Spanish elders. Further studies on larger samples and different inter-visit intervals are still needed. ..
- Gónzalez Tortosa J, Martínez Lage J, Poza M. Bitemporal head crush injuries: clinical and radiological features of a distinctive type of head injury. J Neurosurg. 2004;100:645-51 pubmed
- Ballesta Martinez M, Lopez Gonzalez V, Dulcet L, Rodríguez Santiago B, Garcia Minaur S, Guillen Navarro E. Autosomal dominant oculoauriculovertebral spectrum and 14q23.1 microduplication. Am J Med Genet A. 2013;161A:2030-5 pubmed publisher..1 duplication of 1.34 Mb in size which segregates with the phenotype. This region contains OTX2, which is involved in the development of the forebrain, eyes, and ears, and appears to be a good candidate gene for OAVS. ..
- Selma M, Romo Vaquero M, GarcÃa Villalba R, GonzÃ¡lez SarrÃas A, TomÃ¡s BarberÃ¡n F, EspÃn J. The human gut microbial ecology associated with overweight and obesity determines ellagic acid metabolism. Food Funct. 2016;7:1769-74 pubmed publisher..Future investigation of Gordonibacter and urolithin metabotypes as potential biomarkers or therapeutic targets of obesity-related diseases is warranted. ..
- Marco Gomariz M, Hurtado Montalbán N, Vidal Sanz M, Lund R, Villegas Pérez M. Phototoxic-induced photoreceptor degeneration causes retinal ganglion cell degeneration in pigmented rats. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:163-79 pubmed
- Pascual Carpe F, Vicente Ortega V, Campos Aranda M, Yánez Gascon J. In vivo treatment of melanoma (B16F10) with a homeopathic agent and with a cytokine (IFN-alpha). Oncol Res. 2006;16:211-6 pubmed..An antitumour effect was displayed by both agents, as was the cytotoxicity of INF-alpha and the immune response-stimulating effect of Lymphomyosot. ..
- Allende A, Martinez B, Selma V, Gil M, Suárez J, Rodriguez A. Growth and bacteriocin production by lactic acid bacteria in vegetable broth and their effectiveness at reducing Listeria monocytogenes in vitro and in fresh-cut lettuce. Food Microbiol. 2007;24:759-66 pubmed..2-1.6 log units immediately after treatment, but, during storage at 4 degrees C, bacteriocin treatments only exerted minimal control over the growth of the pathogen. Natural microbiota were little affected by bacteriocins during storage. ..
- Martinez C, Antón A, Corral J, Quiroga T, Panes O, Lozano M, et al. Genotype-phenotype relationship for six common polymorphisms in genes affecting platelet function from 286 healthy subjects and 160 patients with mucocutaneous bleeding of unknown cause. Br J Haematol. 2009;146:95-103 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study demonstrated that polymorphisms in genes affecting platelet function do not influence significantly major platelet functions and appear irrelevant in the pathogenesis of bleeding disorders...
- Burgos Alves M, Avilés Plaza F, Martínez Tomás R, Sánchez Campillo M, Larque E, Perez Llamas F, et al. Oxidized LDL and its correlation with lipid profile and oxidative stress biomarkers in young healthy Spanish subjects. J Physiol Biochem. 2010;66:221-7 pubmed publisher..Oxidized LDL is correlated with lipid profile but not with the oxidative stress biomarkers. Urinary isoprostanes are positively correlated with triglycerides and negatively with GR and GPx. ..
- Tomas Roca L, Perez Aytes A, Puelles L, Marin F. In silico identification of new candidate genes for hereditary congenital facial paresis. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2011;29:451-60 pubmed publisher..The concurrence of genomic position and neural expression pattern makes these genes new potential candidates for HCFP. ..
- Truchado P, Larrosa M, García Conesa M, Cerdá B, Vidal Guevara M, Tomas Barberan F, et al. Strawberry processing does not affect the production and urinary excretion of urolithins, ellagic acid metabolites, in humans. J Agric Food Chem. 2012;60:5749-54 pubmed publisher..It is confirmed that some volunteers were efficient producers of urolithins, whereas other produced much lower amounts. These results show that processing does not modify the potential health effects of strawberry polyphenols. ..
- Hernandez Romero D, García Salas J, López Cuenca A, Pérez Berbel P, Puche C, Casas T, et al. High-sensitivity troponin T and copeptin in non-ST acute coronary syndromes: implications for prognosis and role of hsTnT and copeptin in non-STEACS. ScientificWorldJournal. 2012;2012:578616 pubmed publisher..hsTnT levels increased in non-STEACS, were predictive of adverse events and could be important for recommending an invasive management. We cannot confirm a predictive role of copeptin out of the first hours from admission. ..
- Custodio A, Carmona Bayonas A, Jiménez Fonseca P, Sanchez M, Viudez A, Hernandez R, et al. Nomogram-based prediction of survival in patients with advanced oesophagogastric adenocarcinoma receiving first-line chemotherapy: a multicenter prospective study in the era of trastuzumab. Br J Cancer. 2017;116:1526-1535 pubmed publisher..We developed and validated a straightforward model to predict survival in Caucasian AOA patients initiating first-line polychemotherapy. This model can contribute to inform clinical decision-making and optimise clinical trial design. ..
- Gómez Caro A, Calvo M, Lanzas J, Chau R, Cascales P, Parrilla P. The approach of fused fissures with fissureless technique decreases the incidence of persistent air leak after lobectomy. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2007;31:203-8 pubmed..This technique can be performed safely at no additional cost and without adverse consequences. ..
- Allende A, Selma M, López Gálvez F, Villaescusa R, Gil M. Impact of wash water quality on sensory and microbial quality, including Escherichia coli cross-contamination, of fresh-cut escarole. J Food Prot. 2008;71:2514-8 pubmed..coli occurs, thereby suggesting that small amounts of contamination could impact the overall product and indicating the necessity of using wash water sanitizers to eliminate pathogens. ..
- Gonzalez Sarrias A, Azorín Ortuño M, Yáñez Gascón M, Tomas Barberan F, García Conesa M, Espín J. Dissimilar in vitro and in vivo effects of ellagic acid and its microbiota-derived metabolites, urolithins, on the cytochrome P450 1A1. J Agric Food Chem. 2009;57:5623-32 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that EA and urolithins may exert some blocking chemopreventive effects in the colon but that this effect is critically affected by interfering factors, such as the food matrix nature. ..
- Ortiz Gomariz A, Higueras Esteban A, Gutierrez Ortega A, Gonzalez Meijome J, Arance Gil A, Villa Collar C. Late-onset Candida keratitis after Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty: clinical and confocal microscopic report. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2011;21:498-502 pubmed publisher..To report clinical and confocal microscopy features of late-onset Candida albicans keratitis after Descemet stripping automated keratoplasty (DSAEK)...
- Benito A, Pérez G, Mirabet S, Vilaseca M, Pujol J, Marin J, et al. Objective optical assessment of tear-film quality dynamics in normal and mildly symptomatic dry eyes. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011;37:1481-7 pubmed publisher..To evaluate and compare the tear-film dynamics in normal eyes and in eyes with mild dry-eye symptoms using a new noninvasive optical method based on a double-pass instrument...
- Herrero M, Pagonabarraga J, Linazasoro G. Neuroprotective role of dopamine agonists: evidence from animal models and clinical studies. Neurologist. 2011;17:S54-66 pubmed publisher..These molecules must display neuroprotective potential (prophylactic and/or therapeutic) which must be able to maintain the brain's physiological function and to modify or slow the natural course of the disease. ..
- de Belder A, de la Torre Hernandez J, Lopez Palop R, O Kane P, Hernandez Hernandez F, Strange J, et al. A prospective randomized trial of everolimus-eluting stents versus bare-metal stents in octogenarians: the XIMA Trial (Xience or Vision Stents for the Management of Angina in the Elderly). J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:1371-5 pubmed publisher..Xience or Vision Stent-Management of Angina in the Elderly [XIMA]; ISRCTN92243650). ..
- PeÃ±alver F, Delgado J, Loscertales J, Sastre J, PeÃ±a A, Olave M, et al. Recommendations on the clinical use of bendamustine in lymphoproliferative syndromes and multiple myeloma. Eur J Haematol. 2016;96:532-40 pubmed publisher..This article contains the conclusions of this consensus panel, which are intended to serve as guidelines for the use of bendamustine. ..
- Andreu Cayuelas J, Pastor PÃ©rez F, Puche C, Mateo MartÃnez A, GarcÃa Alberola A, Flores Blanco P, et al. Impact of Variations in Kidney Function on Nonvitamin K Oral Anticoagulant Dosing in Patients With Atrial Fibrillation and Recent Acute Heart Failure. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2016;69:134-40 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to clarify the clinical importance of these needs for drug dosing adjustment and the ideal renal function monitoring regime in heart failure and other subgroups of patients with atrial fibrillation. ..
- Ortiz Tudela E, Innominato P, Rol M, Levi F, Madrid J. Relevance of internal time and circadian robustness for cancer patients. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:285 pubmed publisher..The integrated variable TAP, together with the asynchrony among rhythms revealed by the new biomarker DI, would help in the personalization of cancer chronotherapy, taking into account individual circadian phase markers. ..
- Dominguez Rodriguez A, Abreu Gonzalez P, de la Torre Hernandez J, Consuegra Sanchez L, Piccolo R, Gonzalez Gonzalez J, et al. Usefulness of Early Treatment With Melatonin to Reduce Infarct Size in Patients With ST-Segment Elevation Myocardial Infarction Receiving Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (From the Melatonin Adjunct in the Acute Myocardial Infarction Treated With A. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:522-526 pubmed publisher..001). In conclusion, the administration of melatonin in patients with STEMI who presented early after symptom onset was associated with a significant reduction in the infarct size after pPCI. ..
- Pérez Paredes M, Pico Aracil F, Fuentes Jiménez T, Sánchez Villanueva J, Expósito Ordoñez E, Gonzálvez Ortega M, et al. Role of endogenous opioids in syncope induced by head-up tilt test and its relationship with isoproterenol-dependent and isoproterenol-independent neurally-mediated syncope. Int J Cardiol. 1998;67:211-8 pubmed..02 mg/kg was not superior to placebo in order to prevent positive responses to baseline tilt test. ..
- Rodriguez J, Yanez J, Vicente V, Alcaraz M, Benavente Garcia O, Castillo J, et al. Effects of several flavonoids on the growth of B16F10 and SK-MEL-1 melanoma cell lines: relationship between structure and activity. Melanoma Res. 2002;12:99-107 pubmed
- Esparza F, Cobián C, Jiménez J, García Cota J, Sanchez C, Maestro A. Topical ketoprofen TDS patch versus diclofenac gel: efficacy and tolerability in benign sport related soft-tissue injuries. Br J Sports Med. 2007;41:134-9 pubmed..Ketoprofen patches are effective and safe pain relievers for the treatment of sports injury pain with advantages compared with diclofenac gel. ..
- Gomez Mateo J, Marin L, Lopez Alvarez M, Moya Quiles M, Miras M, Marin Moreno I, et al. TGF-beta1 gene polymorphism in liver graft recipients. Transpl Immunol. 2006;17:55-7 pubmed..05). TGF-beta1 high secretor phenotype was also increased in the acute rejection group close to significance (p=0.06). In conclusion, these findings show a correlation between TGF-beta1 gene polymorphism and liver graft acceptance. ..
- Muro M, Marin L, Torio A, Pagan J, Alvarez López M. CCL5/RANTES chemokine gene promoter polymorphisms are not associated with atopic and nonatopic asthma in a Spanish population. Int J Immunogenet. 2008;35:19-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, human CCL5/RANTES gene promoter polymorphisms are not associated with the different types of bronchial asthma in Spanish population. ..
- López Contreras A, Ramos Molina B, Martinez de la Torre M, Peñafiel Verdú C, Puelles L, Cremades A, et al. Expression of antizyme inhibitor 2 in male haploid germinal cells suggests a role in spermiogenesis. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2009;41:1070-8 pubmed publisher..All these results indicate that the expression of antizyme inhibitor 2 is postnatally regulated and strongly suggest that antizyme inhibitor 2 may have a role in spermiogenesis. ..
- Garaulet M, Corbalán M, Madrid J, Morales E, Baraza J, Lee Y, et al. CLOCK gene is implicated in weight reduction in obese patients participating in a dietary programme based on the Mediterranean diet. Int J Obes (Lond). 2010;34:516-23 pubmed publisher..05). We have replicated previous studies showing a relationship between CLOCK gene polymorphisms and obesity. CLOCK rs1801260 SNP may predict the outcome of body weight reduction strategies based on low-energy diets. ..
- Rodríguez Lozano F, Bueno C, Insausti C, Meseguer L, Ramirez M, Blanquer M, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells derived from dental tissues. Int Endod J. 2011;44:800-6 pubmed publisher..If confirmed, these data would support the use of these cells, which are easily obtained from extracted teeth, in dental therapies, including in regenerative endodontics, providing a new therapeutic modality. ..
- Martínez Tomás R, Larque E, Gonzalez Silvera D, Sánchez Campillo M, Burgos M, Wellner A, et al. Effect of the consumption of a fruit and vegetable soup with high in vitro carotenoid bioaccessibility on serum carotenoid concentrations and markers of oxidative stress in young men. Eur J Nutr. 2012;51:231-9 pubmed publisher..Oxidative markers did not show any variation except for GPx. Serum lycopene half-life was longer than that of ?-carotene, which may be important for studies evaluating both carotenoids. ..
- Sánchez Pérez A, Moya Villaescusa M, Caffesse R. Temperature of periimplant tissues in clinically successful implants: an observational clinical study in humans. Implant Dent. 2011;20:292-8 pubmed publisher..81 (CI, 0.57-1.04). We have found a difference in outcome between periimplant temperature and the temperature differential. PIT depends on the anatomical location, though ?T is an independent measurement with a value of 0.81°C. ..
- Antunez C, Boada M, Lopez Arrieta J, Moreno Rey C, Hernandez I, Marin J, et al. Genetic association of complement receptor 1 polymorphism rs3818361 in Alzheimer's disease. Alzheimers Dement. 2011;7:e124-9 pubmed publisher..252, P < 2.99E-8) and suggests the existence of between-study heterogeneity (P < .05). We concluded that the complement receptor 1 gene may contribute to AD risk, although its effect size could be smaller than previously estimated. ..
- Munitiz V, Ramirez P, Robles R, S Bueno F, Fernandez J, Pons J, et al. Sequential (domino) liver transplantation in familial amyloidotic polyneuropathy type II. Transplant Proc. 2002;34:309 pubmed
- Morán Sánchez S, Baños Madrid R, Gallardo Sánchez F, Nicolas de Prado I, Serrano Jiménez A. [Amebic colitis in an immunocompetent host]. An Med Interna. 2004;21:238-40 pubmed..Images studies are not useful in differential diagnosis with other illnesses as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBS). Next clinical note shows the problems in the diagnosis of amebic colitis in an immunocompetent host without risk factors...
- Rivera D, Heinrich M, Obón C, Inocencio C, Nebel S, Verde A, et al. Disseminating knowledge about 'Local Food Plants' and 'Local Plant Foods'. Forum Nutr. 2006;59:75-85 pubmed
- Solano F, Briganti S, Picardo M, Ghanem G. Hypopigmenting agents: an updated review on biological, chemical and clinical aspects. Pigment Cell Res. 2006;19:550-71 pubmed..Mammalian skin or at least keratinocytes/melanocytes co-cultures should be preferred rather than pure melanocyte cultures or soluble tyrosinase. ..
- Garcia Marcos L, Sanchez Solis M, Perez Fernandez V, Pastor Vivero M, Mondejar Lopez P, Valverde Molina J. Is the effect of prenatal paracetamol exposure on wheezing in preschool children modified by asthma in the mother?. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2009;149:33-7 pubmed publisher..74, 95% confidence interval 1.15-2.61). The frequent usage of paracetamol during pregnancy is associated with the prevalence of wheezing in offspring during preschool years. Asthma in the mother might modify this association. ..
- López Gálvez F, Allende A, Selma M, Gil M. Prevention of Escherichia coli cross-contamination by different commercial sanitizers during washing of fresh-cut lettuce. Int J Food Microbiol. 2009;133:167-71 pubmed publisher..The results obtained show that chlorine and Tsunami are recommended as water disinfection agents preventing E. coli cross-contamination of produce during processing. ..
- Bernabeu Mora R, Sánchez Nieto J, Nieto Olivares A. Bilateral pulmonary nodules as a manifestation of primary pulmonary T-cell lymphoma. Int J Hematol. 2009;90:153-156 pubmed publisher..The patient's condition deteriorated and she responded poorly to chemotherapy. PPL should be included in the differential diagnosis of patients with fever and bilateral pulmonary nodules. ..
- López Contreras A, Ramos Molina B, Cremades A, Peñafiel R. Antizyme inhibitor 2: molecular, cellular and physiological aspects. Amino Acids. 2010;38:603-11 pubmed publisher..Regarding its physiological role, spatial and temporal analyses of AZIN2 expression in the mouse testis suggest that this protein may have a role in spermiogenesis. ..
- Anchelin M, Murcia L, Alcaraz Pérez F, García Navarro E, Cayuela M. Behaviour of telomere and telomerase during aging and regeneration in zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e16955 pubmed publisher..Our results also reveal a direct relationship between the expression of telomerase, telomere length and the efficiency of tissue regeneration. ..
- Sanchez Solis M, Garcia Marcos L, Bosch Gimenez V, Perez Fernandez V, Pastor Vivero M, Mondejar Lopez P. Lung function among infants born preterm, with or without bronchopulmonary dysplasia. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2012;47:674-81 pubmed publisher..This association was driven by males and maintained in the subgroup of infants born at 28+ weeks of gestation. BPD is associated with an additional decrease of lung function during the first 2 years of life in infants born preterm. ..
- Vera Carbonell A, Moya Quiles M, Ballesta Martínez M, Lopez Gonzalez V, Bafalliu J, Guillen Navarro E, et al. Rapp-Hodgkin syndrome and SHFM1 patients: delineating the p63-Dlx5/Dlx6 pathway. Gene. 2012;497:292-7 pubmed publisher..401G>A (p.G134D), in TP63 (exon 4). Our findings may contribute to a greater understanding of the pathogenic mechanisms underlying disorders caused by TP63 mutations. ..
- Elliott P, Charron P, Blanes J, Tavazzi L, Tendera M, KontÃ© M, et al. European Cardiomyopathy Pilot Registry: EURObservational Research Programme of the European Society of Cardiology. Eur Heart J. 2016;37:164-73 pubmed publisher..Treatment regimens are equally multifaceted and show that patients are likely to need long-term follow-up in close liaison with expert centres. ..
- FernÃ¡ndez AlemÃ¡n J, LÃ³pez GonzÃ¡lez L, GonzÃ¡lez Sequeros O, Jayne C, LÃ³pez JimÃ©nez J, Carrillo de Gea J, et al. An Empirical Study of Neural Network-Based Audience Response Technology in a Human Anatomy Course for Pharmacy Students. J Med Syst. 2016;40:85 pubmed publisher..59). The new empirical contribution presented in this paper allows instructors to perform post hoc analyses of each particular student's progress to ensure appropriate training. ..
- Sobrino Vegas P, Moreno S, Rubio R, Viciana P, Bernardino J, Blanco J, et al. Impact of late presentation of HIV infection on short-, mid- and long-term mortality and causes of death in a multicenter national cohort: 2004-2013. J Infect. 2016;72:587-96 pubmed publisher..Mid-term-, but not long-term mortality, remained also higher in LP than nLP. LP decreased in MSM and heterosexual men, not in heterosexual women. The groups most affected by LP are low educated, non-Spanish and heterosexual women. ..
- Perni A, Martínez Paz J. Measuring conflicts in the management of anthropized ecosystems: Evidence from a choice experiment in a human-created Mediterranean wetland. J Environ Manage. 2017;203:40-50 pubmed publisher..According to public preferences, a conservationist management strategy would generate 331,100 €/year in terms of environmental benefits, whereas a tourism-based management strategy would benefit society with 805,200 €/year. ..
- Garaulet M, Lee Y, Shen J, Parnell L, Arnett D, Tsai M, et al. Genetic variants in human CLOCK associate with total energy intake and cytokine sleep factors in overweight subjects (GOLDN population). Eur J Hum Genet. 2010;18:364-9 pubmed publisher..Associations could be mediated through the alteration of cytokine levels that may influence energy intake and sleep pattern. ..
- Montoya Chinchilla R, Campillo Soto A, Pietricica B, Cano García M, Hidalgo Agulló G, García Marín J. [Low-cost laparoscopic training: necessary time for acquiring expertise]. Cir Cir. 2012;80:253-60 pubmed..Laparoscopic training is essential in the formation of all surgeons and a reason why this low-cost and easily accessible method could become a basic tool for learning the first steps of the laparoscopic procedure. ..
- Fernandez E, Artal P. Ocular aberrations up to the infrared range: from 632.8 to 1070 nm. Opt Express. 2008;16:21199-208 pubmed..It allows for measuring and controlling aberrations whilst the subject might eventually perform visual tests, with no interference from the beacon light. ..
- Sanchez R, Ayala R, Alonso R, Martínez M, Ribera J, García O, et al. Clinical characteristics of patients with central nervous system relapse in BCR-ABL1-positive acute lymphoblastic leukemia: the importance of characterizing ABL1 mutations in cerebrospinal fluid. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1069-1075 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the feasibility of detecting BCR-ABL1 mutations in CSF blasts by NGS and highlight the importance of monitoring clonal evolution over time. ..
- Navarro Alonso J. [Immunization: leaps into the future. The vaccinology at the beginning of the 21th century (II)]. Aten Primaria. 2002;30:130-3 pubmed..The second part of the article is a review of the perspectives on orphan vaccines, therapeutic immunization and strategies to improve the compliance to the vaccination programmes. ..
- López Jornet P, Garcia Ballesta C, Perez Lajarin L. Mucocutaneous candidiasis as first manifestation of autoimmune polyglandular syndrome type I. J Dent Child (Chic). 2005;72:21-4 pubmed..The importance of this entity is stressed, with special attention to the observed oral anomalies...
- Lopez Castejon G, Sepulcre M, Roca F, Castellana B, Planas J, Meseguer J, et al. The type II interleukin-1 receptor (IL-1RII) of the bony fish gilthead seabream Sparus aurata is strongly induced after infection and tightly regulated at transcriptional and post-transcriptional levels. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:2772-80 pubmed..Finally, the seabream IL-1RII was localized in the plasma membrane when expressed in HEK293 cells and was able to bind IL-1beta. ..
- Hernandez Espinosa D, Ordonez A, Vicente V, Corral J. Factors with conformational effects on haemostatic serpins: implications in thrombosis. Thromb Haemost. 2007;98:557-63 pubmed..In this study, we review the causes of deficiency of haemostatic serpins that may be explained by conformational mechanisms, and their association with an increased risk of venous thrombosis. ..
- Galarza M, Gazzeri R. Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis associated with oral contraceptives: the case for neurosurgery. Neurosurg Focus. 2009;27:E5 pubmed publisher..In spite of this, a subgroup of patients needed basic neurosurgical management of the lesions, including surgical measures for controlling raised ICP. ..
- Martínez Florensa M, García Blesa A, Yelamos J, Munoz Suano A, Dominguez Villar M, Valdor R, et al. Serine residues in the LAT adaptor are essential for TCR-dependent signal transduction. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:63-73 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the LAT serine-based motifs likely regulate signaling pathways that are essential for T cell physiology. ..
- Tomé Carneiro J, Gonzálvez M, Larrosa M, Yáñez Gascón M, García Almagro F, Ruiz Ros J, et al. Resveratrol in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a dietary and clinical perspective. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2013;1290:37-51 pubmed publisher..However, statistically significant changes in CVD-risk markers do not necessarily equal clinical significance in the daily care of patients. ..
- Boix Giner F, Millán O, San Segundo D, MuÃ±oz Cacho P, Mancebo E, Llorente S, et al. High frequency of central memory regulatory T cells allows detection of liver recipients at risk of early acute rejection within the first month after transplantation. Int Immunol. 2016;28:55-64 pubmed publisher..On the basis of these data, we developed a prediction model for assessing risk of AR that can provide clinicians with useful information for managing patients individually and customizing immunosuppressive therapies. ..
- Bautista Hernandez V, Gutierrez F, Ray V, Arribas J, García Puente J, Casinello N, et al. Constrictive pericarditis due to Coxiella burnetii. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004;78:326-8 pubmed..The histopathologic study of the excised pericardium showed C. burnetii in a large cluster of organisms. After a 6-month follow-up period, the individual was asymptomatic. ..
- Campillo Soto A, Coll Salinas A, Soria Aledo V, Blanco Barrio A, Flores Pastor B, Candel Arenas M, et al. [Spontaneous pneumomediastinum: descriptive study of our experience with 36 cases]. Arch Bronconeumol. 2005;41:528-31 pubmed..Radiography provides the best evidence for diagnosis. ..
- Lopez Castejon G, Sepulcre M, Mulero I, Pelegrin P, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Molecular and functional characterization of gilthead seabream Sparus aurata caspase-1: the first identification of an inflammatory caspase in fish. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:49-57 pubmed..Finally, seabream fibroblast cell line SAF-1 and primary leukocytes showed endogenous caspase-1 activity, which was almost completely inhibited by a caspase-1 specific inhibitor. ..
- García Pina R, Tobías Garcés A, Sanz Navarro J, Navarro Sánchez C, García Fulgueiras A. [Effect of weather temperature on hospital emergencies in the Region of Murcia, Spain, throughout the 2000-2005 and its use in epidemiological surveillance]. Rev Esp Salud Publica. 2008;82:153-66 pubmed..In Murcia, the number of daily emergencies and the cases of heat stroke for which care is provided at the hospitals in this Region have been studied...
- Garaulet M, Corbalán Tutau M, Madrid J, Baraza J, Parnell L, Lee Y, et al. PERIOD2 variants are associated with abdominal obesity, psycho-behavioral factors, and attrition in the dietary treatment of obesity. J Am Diet Assoc. 2010;110:917-21 pubmed publisher..These findings could represent a step toward personalized health care and nutrition based on a combination of genotyping and psycho-behavioral characterization. ..