Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on fluorescent antibody technique in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
Topic: fluorescent antibody technique
Publications101 found, 100 shown here
- Redondo S, Ruiz E, Gordillo Moscoso A, Navarro Dorado J, Ramajo M, Rodriguez E, et al. Overproduction of cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) is involved in the resistance to apoptosis in vascular smooth muscle cells from diabetic patients: a link between inflammation and apoptosis. Diabetologia. 2011;54:190-9 pubmed publisher..This relationship is not causative and the common production of these two proteins may be co-regulated by shared regulatory elements in diabetes. ..
- Valencia J, Hernández López C, Martínez V, Hidalgo L, Zapata A, Vicente A, et al. Wnt5a skews dendritic cell differentiation to an unconventional phenotype with tolerogenic features. J Immunol. 2011;187:4129-39 pubmed publisher..Our results therefore suggest that under high levels of Wnt5a, typical of the inflammatory state and sepsis, monocytes could differentiate into unconventional DCs with tolerogenic features. ..
- Fernández López D, Pradillo J, García Yébenes I, Martínez Orgado J, Moro M, Lizasoain I. The cannabinoid WIN55212-2 promotes neural repair after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. Stroke. 2010;41:2956-64 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the activation of the endocannabinoid system promotes white and gray matter recovery after neonatal HI injury. ..
- Cannata Ortiz P, Gracia C, Aouad Y, Barat A, Martinez Gonzalez M, Rossello G, et al. Small vessel microembolization and acute glomerulonephritis following infection of aesthetic filler implants. Diagn Pathol. 2016;11:2 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, aesthetic filler implants may cause microembolization into small vessels. Recognition of the characteristic morphology may expedite diagnosis and avoid unnecessary further testing. ..
- Serrano Gomez D, Sierra Filardi E, Martinez Nunez R, Caparros E, Delgado R, Muñoz Fernández M, et al. Structural requirements for multimerization of the pathogen receptor dendritic cell-specific ICAM3-grabbing non-integrin (CD209) on the cell surface. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3889-903 pubmed
- Cid Pellitero E, Garzón M. Hypocretin1/OrexinA axon targeting of laterodorsal tegmental nucleus neurons projecting to the rat medial prefrontal cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2011;21:2762-73 pubmed publisher..One-third of the target neurons were ChAT labeled. Hcrt1/OxA excitatory input to LDT neurons projecting to mPFC probably contributes to the wakefulness-enhancing actions of Hcrt/Ox impaired in narcoleptics. ..
- Serrano N, Cortegano I, Ruiz C, Alía M, de Andres B, Rejas M, et al. Megakaryocytes promote hepatoepithelial liver cell development in E11.5 mouse embryos by cell-to-cell contact and by vascular endothelial growth factor A signaling. Hepatology. 2012;56:1934-45 pubmed publisher..The cells of the MK lineage present in the developing mouse embryo liver promote the growth of hepatoepithelial cells in vitro through VEGF-A signaling and may play a role in liver development in vivo. ..
- Rodríguez Muñoz Y, Martín Vílchez S, Lopez Rodriguez R, Hernández Bartolomé Á, Trapero Marugan M, Borque M, et al. Peripheral blood monocyte subsets predict antiviral response in chronic hepatitis C. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2011;34:960-71 pubmed publisher..Hence, the study of monocyte subset regulation might effect improved CHC prognoses and adjuvant therapies. ..
- Martínez Moreno M, Alvarez Barrientos A, Roncal F, Albar J, Gavilanes F, Lamas S, et al. Direct interaction between the reductase domain of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and the ryanodine receptor. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3159-63 pubmed..Immunofluorescence data indicated that a subpopulation of eNOS associates with RyR in perinuclear regions of the cell, where eNOS might be responsible for the known nitrosylation of RyR. ..
- Cubelos B, González González I, Giménez C, Zafra F. The scaffolding protein PSD-95 interacts with the glycine transporter GLYT1 and impairs its internalization. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1047-58 pubmed..We hypothesize that PSD-95 might act as a scaffold for GLYT1 and NMDA receptors, allowing GLYT1 to regulate the concentrations of glycine in the micro-environment of NMDA receptors. ..
- Vicente S, Perez Rodriguez R, Oliván A, Martínez Palacián A, Gonzalez M, Oset Gasque M. Nitric oxide and peroxynitrite induce cellular death in bovine chromaffin cells: evidence for a mixed necrotic and apoptotic mechanism with caspases activation. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:78-96 pubmed..These results suggest that chromaffin cells could be good models for investigating the molecular basis of degeneration in diseases showing death of catecholaminergic neurons, phenomenon in which NO plays an important role. ..
- Martín Acebes M, Blazquez A, Jiménez de Oya N, Escribano Romero E, Saiz J. West Nile virus replication requires fatty acid synthesis but is independent on phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate lipids. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e24970 pubmed publisher..Similar features were found when infection by other flavivirus, the Usutu virus (USUV), was analyzed. These features of WNV replication could help to design specific antiviral approaches against WNV and other related flaviviruses. ..
- Martinez Torrecuadrada J, Cheung L, López Serra P, Barderas R, Canamero M, Ferreiro S, et al. Antitumor activity of fibroblast growth factor receptor 3-specific immunotoxins in a xenograft mouse model of bladder carcinoma is mediated by apoptosis. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008;7:862-73 pubmed publisher..These results show that FGFR3-driven immunotoxins may be an effective therapeutic agent against human bladder and other tumor types overexpressing FGFR3. ..
- Rodriguez Pinilla S, Roncador G, Rodriguez Peralto J, Mollejo M, Garcia J, Montes Moreno S, et al. Primary cutaneous CD4+ small/medium-sized pleomorphic T-cell lymphoma expresses follicular T-cell markers. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:81-90 pubmed publisher..Moreover, these findings suggest that B-cell stimulation by FTH could also take place in some cutaneous T-cell lymphomas. ..
- Luque García J, Martínez Torrecuadrada J, Epifano C, Canamero M, Babel I, Casal J. Differential protein expression on the cell surface of colorectal cancer cells associated to tumor metastasis. Proteomics. 2010;10:940-52 pubmed publisher..In summary, the identified proteins provide us with a better understanding of the events involved in liver colonization and CRC metastasis. ..
- Magdaleno L, Gasset M, Varea J, Schambony A, Urbanke C, Raida M, et al. Biochemical and conformational characterisation of HSP-3, a stallion seminal plasma protein of the cysteine-rich secretory protein (CRISP) family. FEBS Lett. 1997;420:179-85 pubmed..Analysis of the spectroscopic and calorimetric data indicates the occurrence of aggregation of denatured HSP-3 molecules and suggests the monomer as the cooperative unfolding unit. ..
- Pardo B, Rodrigues T, Contreras L, Garzón M, Llorente Folch I, Kobayashi K, et al. Brain glutamine synthesis requires neuronal-born aspartate as amino donor for glial glutamate formation. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2011;31:90-101 pubmed publisher..This pathway may provide a mechanism to transfer neuronal-born redox equivalents to mitochondria in astrocytes. ..
- Longo N, Yanez Mo M, Mittelbrunn M, de la Rosa G, Munoz M, Sanchez Madrid F, et al. Regulatory role of tetraspanin CD9 in tumor-endothelial cell interaction during transendothelial invasion of melanoma cells. Blood. 2001;98:3717-26 pubmed
- Moreno N, Morona R, Lopez J, Muñoz M, González A. Lateral and medial amygdala of anuran amphibians and their relation to olfactory and vomeronasal information. Brain Res Bull. 2005;66:332-6 pubmed..This supports the notion that all tetrapods share a common pattern of organization of the amygdaloid complex, which links environmental (olfactory/vomeronasal) information and the behavioural response of the animal. ..
- Diaz Hernandez M, Moreno Herrero F, Gómez Ramos P, Morán M, Ferrer I, Baró A, et al. Biochemical, ultrastructural, and reversibility studies on huntingtin filaments isolated from mouse and human brain. J Neurosci. 2004;24:9361-71 pubmed
- Ordóñez Morán P, Irmisch A, Barbachano A, Chicote I, Tenbaum S, Landolfi S, et al. SPROUTY2 is a ?-catenin and FOXO3a target gene indicative of poor prognosis in colon cancer. Oncogene. 2014;33:1975-85 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the amount of SPRY2 protein correlated with shorter overall survival of colon cancer patients. Our data reveal SPRY2 as a novel Wnt/?-catenin and FOXO3a target gene indicative of poor prognosis in colon cancer. ..
- Merino Gracia J, Costas Insua C, Canales M, Rodríguez Crespo I. Insights into the C-terminal Peptide Binding Specificity of the PDZ Domain of Neuronal Nitric-oxide Synthase: CHARACTERIZATION OF THE INTERACTION WITH THE TIGHT JUNCTION PROTEIN CLAUDIN-3. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:11581-95 pubmed publisher..Finally, we have analyzed the high affinity association of the PDZ domain of nNOS to claudin-3 and claudin-14, two tight junction tetraspan membrane proteins that are essential components of the paracellular barrier. ..
- Nombela Arrieta C, Lacalle R, Montoya M, Kunisaki Y, Megias D, Marqués M, et al. Differential requirements for DOCK2 and phosphoinositide-3-kinase gamma during T and B lymphocyte homing. Immunity. 2004;21:429-41 pubmed..DOCK2 and PI3Kgamma thus play distinct roles during T and B cell integrin activation and migration. ..
- Martín Acebes M, Blazquez A, de Oya N, Escribano Romero E, Shi P, Saiz J. A single amino acid substitution in the core protein of West Nile virus increases resistance to acidotropic compounds. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e69479 pubmed publisher..The findings here reported unveil a non-previously assessed connection between the C viral protein and the acidic pH necessary for entry and proper exit of flaviviruses. ..
- Trakala M, Partida D, Salazar Roa M, Maroto M, Wachowicz P, de CÃ¡rcer G, et al. Activation of the endomitotic spindle assembly checkpoint and thrombocytopenia in Plk1-deficient mice. Blood. 2015;126:1707-14 pubmed publisher..SAC activation results in defective maturation of megakaryocytes and cell death, thus raising a note of caution in the use of Plk1 inhibitors in therapeutic strategies based on polyploidization regulators. ..
- Andres G, Alejo A, Simón Mateo C, Salas M. African swine fever virus protease, a new viral member of the SUMO-1-specific protease family. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:780-7 pubmed..The identification of the ASFV protease will allow a better understanding of the role of polyprotein processing in virus assembly and may contribute to our knowledge of the emerging family of SUMO-1-specific proteases. ..
- BarabÃ¡si B, Csondor A, MartÃn Pozas T, Pulupa SÃ¡nchez A, Antalffy G, SiklÃ³s L, et al. Effect of axotomy and 17Î²-estradiol on P2X7 receptor expression pattern in the hypoglossal nucleus of ovariectomized mice. Neuroscience. 2016;319:107-15 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that axotomy induces cell-type specific changes in P2X7 receptor expression, which may be directly regulated by 17Î²-estradiol through ER alpha or beta in neurons, but not in activated microglia. ..
- Larriba M, Martín Villar E, Garcia J, Pereira F, Peña C, De Herreros A, et al. Snail2 cooperates with Snail1 in the repression of vitamin D receptor in colon cancer. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1459-68 pubmed publisher..However, VDR downregulation is higher in tumors coexpressing SNAI2 and SNAI1 than in those expressing only one of these genes. Together, these data indicate that Snail2 and Snail1 cooperate for VDR repression in colon cancer. ..
- Grijota Martinez C, Diez D, Morreale de Escobar G, Bernal J, Morte B. Lack of action of exogenously administered T3 on the fetal rat brain despite expression of the monocarboxylate transporter 8. Endocrinology. 2011;152:1713-21 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that T4, through local deiodination, provides most T3 in the fetal rat brain. The role of Mct8 as a T3 transporter in the fetal rat brain is therefore uncertain. ..
- Pelayo H, Lastres P, De la Torre C. Replication and G2 checkpoints: their response to caffeine. Planta. 2001;212:444-53 pubmed..Moreover, it seems to enforce the checkpoint that controls the completion of DNA synthesis, as the appearance of the late wave of normal mitoses produced in the presence of hydroxyurea was prevented by the use of caffeine. ..
- Martin P, Villares R, Rodriguez Mascarenhas S, Zaballos A, Leitges M, Kovac J, et al. Control of T helper 2 cell function and allergic airway inflammation by PKCzeta. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:9866-71 pubmed..Moreover, PKCzeta-/- mice display dramatic inhibition of ovalbumin-induced allergic airway disease, strongly suggesting that PKCzeta can be a therapeutic target in asthma. ..
- Moran M, Rivera H, Sánchez Aragó M, Blazquez A, Merinero B, Ugalde C, et al. Mitochondrial bioenergetics and dynamics interplay in complex I-deficient fibroblasts. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1802:443-53 pubmed publisher..The different genetic backgrounds of patients with OXPHOS disorders would explain, at least partially, differences in the pathophysiological manifestations of CI deficiency. ..
- Martín Cófreces N, Baixauli F, Lopez M, Gil D, Monjas A, Alarcon B, et al. End-binding protein 1 controls signal propagation from the T cell receptor. EMBO J. 2012;31:4140-52 pubmed publisher..These results identify a role for EB1 interaction with the TCR in controlling TCR sorting and its connection with the LAT/PLC?1 signalosome. ..
- Diaz Guerra M, Haddow S, Bauluz C, Jorcano J, Cano A, Balmain A, et al. Expression of simple epithelial cytokeratins in mouse epidermal keratinocytes harboring Harvey ras gene alterations. Cancer Res. 1992;52:680-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that activation of a H-ras gene can alter the normal differentiation program of epidermal cells and that the ability to synthesize CK8 and CK18 could be related to tumor progression...
- Lopez Longo F, Rodriguez Mahou M, Escalona Monge M, Gonzalez C, Monteagudo I, Carreño Perez L. Simultaneous identification of various antinuclear antibodies using an automated multiparameter line immunoassay system. Lupus. 2003;12:623-9 pubmed..Its most notable advantages are automated simultaneous detection of several autoantibodies in the same serum and its lower cost compared with ELISA techniques. ..
- Prados B, Peña A, Cotarelo R, Valero M, Cruces J. Expression of the murine Pomt1 gene in both the developing brain and adult muscle tissues and its relationship with clinical aspects of Walker-Warburg syndrome. Am J Pathol. 2007;170:1659-68 pubmed..This expression pattern in the testes could also be related to the gonadal anomalies observed in some patients with WWS. ..
- Rubio A, Perez M, de Lecea L, Avila J. Effect of cortistatin on tau phosphorylation at Ser262 site. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:2462-75 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest an important role for cortistatin in the regulation of tau phosphorylation that may be associated with the pathophysiology of Alzheimer's disease in regions such as the cerebral cortex. ..
- Barrero Villar M, Barroso González J, Cabrero J, Gordón Alonso M, Alvarez Losada S, Munoz Fernandez M, et al. PI4P5-kinase Ialpha is required for efficient HIV-1 entry and infection of T cells. J Immunol. 2008;181:6882-8 pubmed..These data indicate that PI4P5-K Ialpha-mediated PIP(2) production is crucial for HIV-1 entry and the early steps of infection in permissive lymphocytes. ..
- Fernández Sánchez E, Martínez Villarreal J, Giménez C, Zafra F. Constitutive and regulated endocytosis of the glycine transporter GLYT1b is controlled by ubiquitination. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:19482-92 pubmed publisher..It remains to be determined whether GLYT1b recycling might be affected in pathologies involving alterations to the ubiquitin system, thereby interfering with its influence on inhibitory and excitatory neurotransmission. ..
- Di Lisio L, Gomez Lopez G, Sanchez Beato M, Gomez Abad C, Rodriguez M, Villuendas R, et al. Mantle cell lymphoma: transcriptional regulation by microRNAs. Leukemia. 2010;24:1335-42 pubmed publisher..In summary, using a novel bioinformatics approach, this study identified miRNA changes that contribute to MCL pathogenesis and markers of potential utility in MCL diagnosis and clinical prognostication. ..
- Mirasierra M, Fernandez Perez A, Díaz Prieto N, Vallejo M. Alx3-deficient mice exhibit decreased insulin in beta cells, altered glucose homeostasis and increased apoptosis in pancreatic islets. Diabetologia. 2011;54:403-14 pubmed publisher..We suggest that ALX3 constitutes a potential candidate to consider in the aetiopathogenesis of diabetes mellitus. ..
- Ruiz Sáenz A, Kremer L, Alonso M, Millan J, Correas I. Protein 4.1R regulates cell migration and IQGAP1 recruitment to the leading edge. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2529-38 pubmed publisher..1R localization. Collectively, our results indicate a crucial role for protein 4.1R in cell migration and in the recruitment of the scaffold protein IQGAP1 to the cell front. ..
- Bellon T, Lopez Rodriguez C, Rubio M, Jochems G, Bernabeu C, Corbi A. Regulated expression of p150,95 (CD11c/CD18; alpha X/beta 2) and VLA-4 (CD49d/CD29; alpha 4/beta 1) integrins during myeloid cell differentiation. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:41-7 pubmed
- Marazuela M, Martin Belmonte F, García López M, Aranda J, de Marco M, Alonso M. Expression and distribution of MAL2, an essential element of the machinery for basolateral-to-apical transcytosis, in human thyroid epithelial cells. Endocrinology. 2004;145:1011-6 pubmed
- Riol Blanco L, Delgado Martín C, Sanchez Sanchez N, Alonso C L, Gutierrez Lopez M, Del Hoyo G, et al. Immunological synapse formation inhibits, via NF-kappaB and FOXO1, the apoptosis of dendritic cells. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:753-60 pubmed publisher..Direct stimulation of the IS component CD40 on DCs leads to the activation of Akt1, suggesting the involvement of this receptor in the antiapoptotic effects observed upon IS formation. ..
- Hurtado Chong A, Yusta Boyo M, Vergaño Vera E, Bulfone A, de Pablo F, Vicario Abejón C. IGF-I promotes neuronal migration and positioning in the olfactory bulb and the exit of neuroblasts from the subventricular zone. Eur J Neurosci. 2009;30:742-55 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that IGF-I promotes neuronal positioning in the OB and support a role for IGF-I in stimulating neuroblast exit from the SVZ into the RMS, thereby promoting the incorporation of newly formed neurons into the OB. ..
- López Fontal R, Zeini M, Traves P, Gomez Ferreria M, Aranda A, Saez G, et al. Mice lacking thyroid hormone receptor Beta show enhanced apoptosis and delayed liver commitment for proliferation after partial hepatectomy. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8710 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that TRbeta contributes significantly to the rapid initial round of hepatocyte proliferation following PH, and improves the survival of the regenerating liver at later times. ..
- Lopez J, Morona R, González A. Immunohistochemical localization of DARPP-32 in the brain and spinal cord of anuran amphibians and its relation with the catecholaminergic system. J Chem Neuroanat. 2010;40:325-38 pubmed publisher..However, in general, the distribution of DARPP-32 in the brain of the anuran amphibians resembles in many aspects the pattern observed in amniotes, especially in reptiles. ..
- Sanchez Nino M, Poveda J, Sanz A, Mezzano S, Carrasco S, Fernández Fernández B, et al. Fn14 in podocytes and proteinuric kidney disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:2232-43 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Fn14 activation results in NF?B-mediated pro-inflammatory effects on podocytes that may be relevant for the pathogenesis of non-proliferative proteinuric kidney disease of non-immune origin. ..
- Puertollano R, Alonso M. MAL, an integral element of the apical sorting machinery, is an itinerant protein that cycles between the trans-Golgi network and the plasma membrane. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3435-47 pubmed..Together, these observations suggest that, as predicted for integral membrane members of the late protein transport machinery, MAL is an itinerant protein cycling between the TGN and the plasma membrane. ..
- Yus Najera E, Munoz A, Salvador N, Jensen B, Rasmussen H, Defelipe J, et al. Localization of KCNQ5 in the normal and epileptic human temporal neocortex and hippocampal formation. Neuroscience. 2003;120:353-64 pubmed
- Gómez R, Valdeolmillos A, Parra M, Viera A, Carreiro C, Roncal F, et al. Mammalian SGO2 appears at the inner centromere domain and redistributes depending on tension across centromeres during meiosis II and mitosis. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:173-80 pubmed..We propose a model by which the redistribution of SGO2 would unmask cohesive centromere proteins, which would be then released or cleaved by separase, to trigger chromatid segregation to opposite poles. ..
- Cerezo Guisado M, del Reino P, Remy G, Kuma Y, Arthur J, Gallego Ortega D, et al. Evidence of p38? and p38? involvement in cell transformation processes. Carcinogenesis. 2011;32:1093-9 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that p38? and p38? have a role in the suppression of tumor development. ..
- Millan J, Puertollano R, Fan L, Alonso M. Caveolin and MAL, two protein components of internal detergent-insoluble membranes, are in distinct lipid microenvironments in MDCK cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;233:707-12 pubmed..The observed heterogeneity within the internal glycolipid-enriched membrane fraction suggests the existence of distinct specialized lipid microenvironments in MDCK cells. ..
- Gonzalez Billault C, Engelke M, Jimenez Mateos E, Wandosell F, Caceres A, Avila J. Participation of structural microtubule-associated proteins (MAPs) in the development of neuronal polarity. J Neurosci Res. 2002;67:713-9 pubmed..Together these results show a synergistic role for MAP1B/MAP2 and MAP1B/TAU. ..
- Cubelos B, Giménez C, Zafra F. Localization of the GLYT1 glycine transporter at glutamatergic synapses in the rat brain. Cereb Cortex. 2005;15:448-59 pubmed..In conclusion, the close spatial association of GLYT1 and glutamatergic synapses strongly supports a role for this protein in neurotransmission mediated by NMDA receptors in the forebrain, and perhaps in other regions of the CNS. ..
- Trinidad E, Ballesteros M, Zuloaga J, Zapata A, Alonso Colmenar L. An impaired transendothelial migration potential of chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) cells can be linked to ephrin-A4 expression. Blood. 2009;114:5081-90 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that EFNA4-EphA2 interactions are involved in CLL cell trafficking between blood and the tissues and therefore may become a therapeutic target in the future. ..
- Agudo M, Abad J, Molina I, Losada A, Ripoll P, Villasante A. A dicentric chromosome of Drosophila melanogaster showing alternate centromere inactivation. Chromosoma. 2000;109:190-6 pubmed..The involvement of telomere-related sequences in centromere function is discussed. ..
- Hurtado O, Lizasoain I, Fernández Tomé P, Alvarez Barrientos A, Leza J, Lorenzo P, et al. TACE/ADAM17-TNF-alpha pathway in rat cortical cultures after exposure to oxygen-glucose deprivation or glutamate. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2002;22:576-85 pubmed
- Samaniego R, de la Torre C, Moreno Díaz de la Espina S. Dynamics of replication foci and nuclear matrix during S phase in Allium cepa L. cells. Planta. 2002;215:195-204 pubmed
- Andres Mateos E, Renart J, Cruces J, Solís Garrido L, Serantes R, de Lucas Cerrillo A, et al. Dynamic association of the Ca2+ channel alpha1A subunit and SNAP-25 in round or neurite-emitting chromaffin cells. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;22:2187-98 pubmed
- Martín Villar E, Megias D, Castel S, Yurrita M, Vilaró S, Quintanilla M. Podoplanin binds ERM proteins to activate RhoA and promote epithelial-mesenchymal transition. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:4541-53 pubmed..These results provide a mechanistic basis to understand the role of podoplanin in cell migration or invasiveness. ..
- Peinado H, Moreno Bueno G, Hardisson D, Perez Gomez E, Santos V, Mendiola M, et al. Lysyl oxidase-like 2 as a new poor prognosis marker of squamous cell carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2008;68:4541-50 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results show that LOXL2 can be used as a new poor prognosis indicator in human squamous cell carcinomas promoting malignant transformation by both SNAI1-dependent and SNAI1-independent pathways. ..
- Franco A, Knafo S, Bañón Rodríguez I, Merino Serrais P, Fernaud Espinosa I, Nieto M, et al. WIP is a negative regulator of neuronal maturation and synaptic activity. Cereb Cortex. 2012;22:1191-202 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal WIP as a previously unreported regulator of neuronal maturation and synaptic activity. ..
- Gálvez Santisteban M, Rodriguez Fraticelli A, Bryant D, Vergarajauregui S, Yasuda T, Bañón Rodríguez I, et al. Synaptotagmin-like proteins control the formation of a single apical membrane domain in epithelial cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:838-49 pubmed publisher..Together, Slp2-a/4-a coordinate the spatiotemporal organization of vectorial apical transport to ensure that only a single apical surface, and thus the formation of a single lumen, occurs per cell. ..
- Lastres Becker I, Innamorato N, Jaworski T, Rabano A, Kügler S, Van Leuven F, et al. Fractalkine activates NRF2/NFE2L2 and heme oxygenase 1 to restrain tauopathy-induced microgliosis. Brain. 2014;137:78-91 pubmed publisher..Our combined results indicate that fractalkine mobilizes NRF2 to limit over-activation of microglia and identify this new target to control unremitting neuroinflammation in tauopathies. ..
- de Carcer G, Wachowicz P, Martínez Martínez S, Oller J, Méndez Barbero N, Escobar B, et al. Plk1 regulates contraction of postmitotic smooth muscle cells and is required for vascular homeostasis. Nat Med. 2017;23:964-974 pubmed publisher..Our findings have potentially important implications for current approaches aimed at PLK1 inhibition for cancer therapy. ..
- Peinado H, Del Carmen Iglesias de la Cruz M, Olmeda D, Csiszar K, Fong K, Vega S, et al. A molecular role for lysyl oxidase-like 2 enzyme in snail regulation and tumor progression. EMBO J. 2005;24:3446-58 pubmed..Taken together, these results establish a direct link between LOXL2 and Snail in carcinoma progression. ..
- Moreno N, Dom nguez L, R taux S, Gonz Lez A. Islet1 as a marker of subdivisions and cell types in the developing forebrain of Xenopus. Neuroscience. 2008;154:1423-39 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence for the existence in Xenopus of a "new" caudal medial telencephalic nucleus, the POC (for preoptic commissural area), which was recently described in mammals...
- Gimenez Cassina A, Lim F, Cerrato T, Palomo G, Diaz Nido J. Mitochondrial hexokinase II promotes neuronal survival and acts downstream of glycogen synthase kinase-3. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:3001-11 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the neuroprotective effect of HKII may be relevant to neurodegenerative diseases in which glucose hypometabolism and mitochondrial dysfunction are prominent features. ..
- Serrano A, Rodríguez Corsino M, Losada A. Heterochromatin protein 1 (HP1) proteins do not drive pericentromeric cohesin enrichment in human cells. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5118 pubmed publisher..However, depletion of HP1gamma leads to defects in mitotic progression. ..
- Kanellis G, Roncador G, Arribas A, Mollejo M, Montes Moreno S, Maestre L, et al. Identification of MNDA as a new marker for nodal marginal zone lymphoma. Leukemia. 2009;23:1847-57 pubmed publisher..MNDA expression was rarely observed in FL, a characteristic that is of potential value in distinguishing between NMZL and FL. MNDA expression is thus a useful tool for the recognition of NMZL. ..
- Manosalva I, Gonzalez A. Aging alters histone H4 acetylation and CDC2A in mouse germinal vesicle stage oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2009;81:1164-71 pubmed publisher..Our study provides evidence for strategies targeting the GV stage of oocytes to overcome aging-induced infertility. ..
- Gozalbo López B, Gomez del Moral M, Campos Martín Y, Setien F, Martin P, Bellas C, et al. The MHC-related protein 1 (MR1) is expressed by a subpopulation of CD38+, IgA+ cells in the human intestinal mucosa. Histol Histopathol. 2009;24:1439-49 pubmed publisher..This suggests a function for MR1 in the development of IgA producing plasma cells. ..
- Pérez Munive C, Moreno Díaz de la Espina S. Nuclear spectrin-like proteins are structural actin-binding proteins in plants. Biol Cell. 2011;103:145-57 pubmed publisher..Their intranuclear distribution suggests that plant nuclear spectrin-like proteins could be involved in multiple nuclear functions. ..
- Remeseiro S, Cuadrado A, Kawauchi S, Calof A, Lander A, Losada A. Reduction of Nipbl impairs cohesin loading locally and affects transcription but not cohesion-dependent functions in a mouse model of Cornelia de Lange Syndrome. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1832:2097-102 pubmed publisher..These results provide further support for the idea that developmental defects in CdLS are caused by deregulated transcription and not by malfunction of cohesion-related processes. ..
- Fernández Arenas E, Calleja E, Martinez Martin N, Gharbi S, Navajas R, García Medel N, et al. ?-Arrestin-1 mediates the TCR-triggered re-routing of distal receptors to the immunological synapse by a PKC-mediated mechanism. EMBO J. 2014;33:559-77 pubmed publisher..This receptor crosstalk mechanism is critical to sustain the TCR signal. ..
- Sampedro NÃºÃ±ez M, Luque R, Ramos Leví A, Gahete M, Serrano Somavilla A, Villa Osaba A, et al. Presence of sst5TMD4, a truncated splice variant of the somatostatin receptor subtype 5, is associated to features of increased aggressiveness in pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Oncotarget. 2016;7:6593-608 pubmed publisher..sst5TMD4 is overexpressed in GEP-NETs and is associated to enhanced aggressiveness, suggesting its potential value as biomarker and target in GEP-NETs. ..
- Claveria C, Albar J, Serrano A, Buesa J, Barbero J, Martinez A C, et al. Drosophila grim induces apoptosis in mammalian cells. EMBO J. 1998;17:7199-208 pubmed..These findings advance our knowledge of the mechanism by which grim induces apoptosis and show the conservation through evolution of this crucial programmed cell death pathway. ..
- Lorenzo E, Ruiz Ruiz C, Quesada A, Hernandez G, Rodriguez A, Lopez Rivas A, et al. Doxorubicin induces apoptosis and CD95 gene expression in human primary endothelial cells through a p53-dependent mechanism. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10883-92 pubmed
- Cuadrado A, Lafarga V, Cheung P, Dolado I, Llanos S, Cohen P, et al. A new p38 MAP kinase-regulated transcriptional coactivator that stimulates p53-dependent apoptosis. EMBO J. 2007;26:2115-26 pubmed..Therefore, p18(Hamlet) is a new cell-fate regulator that links the p38 MAPK and p53 pathways and contributes to the establishment of p53-regulated stress responses. ..
- Riesco Eizaguirre G, Rodríguez I, De La Vieja A, Costamagna E, Carrasco N, Nistal M, et al. The BRAFV600E oncogene induces transforming growth factor beta secretion leading to sodium iodide symporter repression and increased malignancy in thyroid cancer. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8317-25 pubmed publisher..Our study describes a novel mechanism of NIS repression in thyroid cancer and provides evidence that TGFbeta may play a key role in promoting radioiodide resistance and tumor invasion during PTC progression. ..
- Rodrigues de Amorim M, Garcia Segura L, Goya R, Portiansky E. Decrease in PTEN and increase in Akt expression and neuron size in aged rat spinal cord. Exp Gerontol. 2010;45:457-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that in the spinal cord, an age-related reduction in PTEN and increase of pAkt expression may be involved in the progressive enlargement of neurons. ..
- Martinez P, Thanasoula M, Carlos A, Gomez Lopez G, Tejera A, Schoeftner S, et al. Mammalian Rap1 controls telomere function and gene expression through binding to telomeric and extratelomeric sites. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:768-80 pubmed publisher..These findings place a telomere protein at the interface between telomere function and transcriptional regulation. ..
- Fernández Miranda G, Trakala M, Martin J, Escobar B, González A, Ghyselinck N, et al. Genetic disruption of aurora B uncovers an essential role for aurora C during early mammalian development. Development. 2011;138:2661-72 pubmed publisher..Finally, aurora B-null cells partially arrest in the presence of nocodazole, suggesting that this kinase is not essential for the spindle assembly checkpoint. ..
- Linares M, Marín García P, Pérez Benavente S, Sánchez Nogueiro J, Puyet A, Bautista J, et al. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor and the course of experimental cerebral malaria. Brain Res. 2013;1490:210-24 pubmed publisher..In parallel with BDNF downregulation, NCAM expression also diminished with increased CM severity. Together, these data suggest that changes in BDNF availability could be involved in the pathogenesis of CM. ..
- Lorenzo M, Sánchez Puig J, Blasco R. Vaccinia virus and Cowpox virus are not susceptible to the interferon-induced antiviral protein MxA. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0181459 pubmed publisher..Overall, these results point to a lack of susceptibility of the Poxviridae to MxA antiviral activity. ..