Experts and Doctors on cornea in Madrid, Spain
Locale: Madrid, Spain
- Kling S, Remon L, Pérez Escudero A, Merayo Lloves J, Marcos S. Corneal biomechanical changes after collagen cross-linking from porcine eye inflation experiments. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:3961-8 pubmed publisher..The apparent biomechanical anisotropy of pig corneas must be confirmed in humans. ..
- Ortiz S, Siedlecki D, Grulkowski I, Remon L, Pascual D, Wojtkowski M, et al. Optical distortion correction in optical coherence tomography for quantitative ocular anterior segment by three-dimensional imaging. Opt Express. 2010;18:2782-96 pubmed publisher..Optical distortion correction in 3-D is critical for quantitative analysis of OCT anterior segment imaging, and allows accurate topography of the internal surfaces of the eye. ..
- de Benito Llopis L, Alio J, Ortiz D, Teus M, Artola A. Ten-year follow-up of excimer laser surface ablation for myopia in thin corneas. Am J Ophthalmol. 2009;147:768-73, 773.e1-2 pubmed publisher..Thirty eyes (40%) needed enhancement. Surface ablation seems to be safe and effective to correct myopia in corneas thinner than 500 microm, with stable visual and refractive outcomes in a 10-year follow-up. ..
- Marcos S, Rosales P, Llorente L, Barbero S, Jiménez Alfaro I. Balance of corneal horizontal coma by internal optics in eyes with intraocular artificial lenses: evidence of a passive mechanism. Vision Res. 2008;48:70-9 pubmed..Our results cannot exclude a fine-tuning for the orientation of the crystalline lens, since cataract surgery seems to preserve the position of the capsule. ..
- Fernández Vigo J, Garcia Feijoo J, Martínez de la Casa J, Garcia Bella J, Arriola Villalobos P, Fernandez Perez C, et al. Fourier domain optical coherence tomography to assess the iridocorneal angle and correlation study in a large Caucasian population. BMC Ophthalmol. 2016;16:42 pubmed publisher..705; p?<?0.001). In this Caucasian population, strong correlation was detected between FD-OCT anterior angle measurements and ACV, ACD, spherical refractive error and sex, emerging the ACV as the main determinant of TIA. ..
- Llorente L, Barbero S, Merayo J, Marcos S. Total and corneal optical aberrations induced by laser in situ keratomileusis for hyperopia. J Refract Surg. 2004;20:203-16 pubmed..Hyperopic LASIK induced significant amounts of aberrations. The largest increase occurred in spherical aberration, which showed a shift (toward negative values) of opposite sign; increase was greater than for myopic LASIK. ..
- Crooke A, Mediero A, Guzm n Ar nguez A, Pintor J. Silencing of P2Y2 receptor delays Ap4A-corneal re-epithelialization process. Mol Vis. 2009;15:1169-78 pubmed..The application of P2Y(2)-R siRNA has demonstrated the role of this receptor in the accelerating effect of diadenosine tetraphosphate (Ap(4)A) on the corneal wound healing process...
- Perucho González L, Martínez de la Casa J, Morales Fernandez L, Bañeros Rojas P, Saenz Frances F, Garcia Feijoo J. Intraocular pressure and biomechanical corneal properties measure by ocular response analyser in patients with primary congenital glaucoma. Acta Ophthalmol. 2016;94:e293-7 pubmed publisher
- Kling S, Marcos S. Effect of hydration state and storage media on corneal biomechanical response from in vitro inflation tests. J Refract Surg. 2013;29:490-7 pubmed publisher..Dextran instillation decreased corneal thickness on average to 56.5% at 0 hours and 72.7% at 24 hours. Corneal hydration and tissue preservation changed corneal biomechanics, in particular its relaxation over a period of 24 hours. ..
- Guzman Aranguez A, Woodward A, Pintor J, ARGUESO P. Targeted disruption of core 1 ?1,3-galactosyltransferase (C1galt1) induces apical endocytic trafficking in human corneal keratinocytes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36628 pubmed publisher..Together, the data suggest that core 1 O-glycans contribute to maintenance of apical barrier function on exposed mucosal surfaces by preventing clathrin-mediated endocytosis. ..
- Fernández Vigo J, Macarro Merino A, Fernández Vigo C, Fernández Vigo J, De Pablo Gómez de Liaño L, Fernandez Perez C, et al. Impacts of Implantable Collamer Lens V4c Placement on Angle Measurements Made by Optical Coherence Tomography: Two-Year Follow-up. Am J Ophthalmol. 2017;181:37-45 pubmed publisher..159). In response to ICL V4c implant, considerable angle narrowing was detected at 1 month but this narrowing remained stable at 2 years. In the 8 cases of TIC, no progression of contact was observed beyond 3 months postimplant. ..
- Jimenez B, Volpert O, Reiher F, Chang L, Munoz A, Karin M, et al. c-Jun N-terminal kinase activation is required for the inhibition of neovascularization by thrombospondin-1. Oncogene. 2001;20:3443-8 pubmed..TSP-1 inhibition of corneal neovascularization induced by bFGF was severely impaired in mice null for JNK-1, pointing to a critical role for this stress-activated kinase in the inhibition of neovascularization by TSP-1. ..
- Fernandez Velazquez F. Kerasoft IC compared to Rose-K in the management of corneal ectasias. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2012;35:175-9 pubmed publisher..19) as well as in mild and moderate keratoconus (p = 0.45). KIC is a good alternative for the optical management of irregular corneal astigmatism in non surgical corneal ectasias such as keratoconus and pellucid marginal degeneration. ..
- Lopez Caballero C, Puerto Hernandez B, Munoz Negrete F, Rebolleda G, Contreras I, Cabarga C, et al. Quantitative evaluation of anterior chamber changes after iridotomy using Pentacam anterior segment analyzer. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2010;20:327-32 pubmed
- Arriola Villalobos P, Diaz Valle D, Güell J, Iradier Urrutia M, Jiménez Alfaro I, Cuiña Sardiña R, et al. Intrastromal corneal ring segment implantation for high astigmatism after penetrating keratoplasty. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009;35:1878-84 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of intracorneal ring segments (ICRS) for high astigmatism after penetrating keratoplasty (PKP)...
- Bravo Osuna I, Noiray M, Briand E, Woodward A, Argueso P, Molina Martínez I, et al. Interfacial interaction between transmembrane ocular mucins and adhesive polymers and dendrimers analyzed by surface plasmon resonance. Pharm Res. 2012;29:2329-40 pubmed publisher..Results reinforce the usefulness of chitosan and dendrimers as polymers able to increase the retention time of drugs on the ocular surface and hence their bioavailability. ..
- Kling S, Marcos S. Contributing factors to corneal deformation in air puff measurements. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2013;54:5078-85 pubmed publisher..65), indicating a change in the viscoelastic properties with treatment. Corneal deformation following an air puff allows the measurement of dynamic properties, which are essential for the characterization of corneal biomechanics. ..
- Pardo Muñoz A, Muriel Herrero A, Abraira V, Muriel A, Munoz Negrete F, Murube J. Phacoemulsification in previously vitrectomized patients: an analysis of the surgical results in 100 eyes as well as the factors contributing to the cataract formation. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:52-9 pubmed
- García Pérez J, Gros Otero J, Sánchez Ramos C, Blázquez V, Contreras I. Short term visual outcomes of a new trifocal intraocular lens. BMC Ophthalmol. 2017;17:72 pubmed publisher..ISRCTN60143265 , retrospectively registered on the 24th of April 2017. ..
- Pintor J, Bautista A, Carracedo G, Peral A. UTP and diadenosine tetraphosphate accelerate wound healing in the rabbit cornea. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2004;24:186-93 pubmed..Mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascade inhibitors also abolished the effects of UTP, suggesting that P2Y receptors are coupled to the MAPK cascade, and that this is involved in controlling the rate of epithelial cell migration. ..
- Lorente Velázquez A, Nieto Bona A, Collar C, Mesa A. Straylight and contrast sensitivity after corneal refractive therapy. Optom Vis Sci. 2011;88:1245-51 pubmed publisher..Mesopic contrast sensitivity was more affected by the treatment intervention than photopic contrast sensitivity. ..
- Manrique R, Noval S, Aguilar Amat M, Arpa J, Rosa I, Contreras I. Ophthalmic features of spinocerebellar ataxia type 7. J Neuroophthalmol. 2009;29:174-9 pubmed publisher..Patients with spinocerebellar ataxia 7 (SCA7) are known to develop ocular abnormalities. The purpose of this study was to characterize these abnormalities in greater detail and with the aid of newer quantitative technologies...
- Alvarez M, Figueroa M, Teus M. Toxic keratolysis from combined use of nonsteroid anti-inflammatory drugs and topical steroids following vitreoretinal surgery. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2006;16:582-7 pubmed..To evaluate the corneal complications associated with the combined use of non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and topical steroids following vitreoretinal surgery...
- Murube J, Rivas L. Impression cytology on conjunctiva and cornea in dry eye patients establishes a correlation between squamous metaplasia and dry eye clinical severity. Eur J Ophthalmol. 2003;13:115-27 pubmed