Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Valencia, Spain
Locale: Valencia, Spain
Publications238 found, 100 shown here
- Gomez Munoz M, Navarro C, Garijo Toledo M, Dea Ayuela M, Fernandez Barredo S, Pérez Gracia M, et al. Occurrence and genotypes of Giardia isolated from lambs in Spain. Parasitol Int. 2009;58:297-9 pubmed publisher..In each farm, one to six different beta-giardin subtypes were found, showing the high variability of the target. Also, one flock had the zoonotic Assemblage A. This is the first report of Giardia subgenotype A-1 in sheep in Spain. ..
- Alcaraz M, Megías J, García Arnandis I, Clérigues V, Guillén M. New molecular targets for the treatment of osteoarthritis. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:13-21 pubmed publisher..Further insights into the molecular mechanisms involved in OA initiation and progression may lead to the development of new therapies able to control joint destruction and repair. ..
- Muñoz Soriano V, Belacortu Y, Durupt F, Muñoz Descalzo S, Paricio N. Mtl interacts with members of Egfr signaling and cell adhesion genes in the Drosophila eye. Fly (Austin). 2011;5:88-101 pubmed..Since Egfr signaling is linked to cytoskeletal and cell junctional elements, it is likely that Mtl may be regulating cytoskeleton dynamics and thus cell adhesion during ommatidial rotation in the context of that pathway. ..
- Valbuena D, Póo M, Aguilar Gallardo C, Martínez S, Cobo A, Pellicer A, et al. Comparison of Cryotip vs. Cryotop for mouse and human blastomere vitrification. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:209-17 pubmed publisher..6% and 47.16%, respectively, in Cryotop and Cryotip. The closed system is more efficient in preserving mouse and human blastomeres in terms of acceptable survival and division rates, and it also complies with European Union directives. ..
- Pereda J, Pérez S, Escobar J, Arduini A, Asensi M, Serviddio G, et al. Obese rats exhibit high levels of fat necrosis and isoprostanes in taurocholate-induced acute pancreatitis. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44383 pubmed publisher..Future studies are needed to confirm the translational relevance of the present findings obtained in a rat model of taurocholate-induced pancreatic damage and necrosis. ..
- Murguía J, Serrano R. New functions of protein kinase Gcn2 in yeast and mammals. IUBMB Life. 2012;64:971-4 pubmed publisher..These findings anticipate many expanding roles of Gcn2 in the future, with relevance for stress responses and human disease. ..
- GonÃ§alves Machado L, Pla D, Sanz L, Jorge R, LeitÃ£o De AraÃºjo M, Alves M, et al. Combined venomics, venom gland transcriptomics, bioactivities, and antivenomics of two Bothrops jararaca populations from geographic isolated regions within the Brazilian Atlantic rainforest. J Proteomics. 2016;135:73-89 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Omics Evolutionary Ecolog. ..
- Sanz M, Burnett A, Lo Coco F, Lowenberg B. FLT3 inhibition as a targeted therapy for acute myeloid leukemia. Curr Opin Oncol. 2009;21:594-600 pubmed publisher..These agents are also being tested in combination with conventional chemotherapy. Oral FLT3 inhibitors offer a hope of improved treatment outcomes for patients with relapsed and newly diagnosed AML. ..
- Bello R, Moreno L, Primo Yüfera E, Esplugues J. Globularia alypum L. extracts reduced histamine and serotonin contraction in vitro. Phytother Res. 2002;16:389-92 pubmed..At the same doses, neither methanol nor dichloromethane extract reduced the contractile effects of acetylcholine on rat duodenum or noradrenaline on rat vas deferens. ..
- Blanco A, Valles S, Pascual M, Guerri C. Involvement of TLR4/type I IL-1 receptor signaling in the induction of inflammatory mediators and cell death induced by ethanol in cultured astrocytes. J Immunol. 2005;175:6893-9 pubmed..In summary, these findings indicate that both TLR4 and IL-1RI activation occur upon ethanol treatment, and suggest that signaling through these receptors mediates ethanol-induced inflammatory events in astrocytes and brain. ..
- Gomez O, Romero A, Terrado J, Mesonero J. Differential expression of glucose transporter GLUT8 during mouse spermatogenesis. Reproduction. 2006;131:63-70 pubmed..The specific GLUT8 location suggests that this transporter plays a pivotal role in the fuel supply of spermatozoa, and in the traffic of sugars during the capacitation and fertilization processes. ..
- Tamames J, Gil R, Latorre A, Peretó J, Silva F, Moya A. The frontier between cell and organelle: genome analysis of Candidatus Carsonella ruddii. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:181 pubmed..Furthermore, since most genes for the biosynthesis of essential amino acids have also been lost, it is likely that the host depends on another yet unidentified symbiont to complement its deficient diet. ..
- Busso C, Garcia Velasco J, Gomez R, Alvarez C, Simon C, Pellicer A. Symposium: Update on prediction and management of OHSS. Prevention of OHSS--dopamine agonists. Reprod Biomed Online. 2009;19:43-51 pubmed..As far as is known, this is the first pathophysiological approach for treatment and prevention of OHSS. ..
- Cambra López M, Aarnink A, Zhao Y, Calvet S, Torres A. Airborne particulate matter from livestock production systems: a review of an air pollution problem. Environ Pollut. 2010;158:1-17 pubmed publisher..This paper reviews the state-of-the-art of PM in and from livestock production systems. Future research to characterize and control PM in livestock houses is discussed. ..
- Navarro Llopis V, Domínguez Ruiz J, Zarzo M, Alfaro C, Primo J. Mediterranean fruit fly suppression using chemosterilants for area-wide integrated pest management. Pest Manag Sci. 2010;66:511-9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the efficacy of chemosterilant treatment is increasing year after year. The possibility of using this technique combined with other control methods is discussed. ..
- Petras D, Sanz L, Segura A, Herrera M, Villalta M, Solano D, et al. Snake venomics of African spitting cobras: toxin composition and assessment of congeneric cross-reactivity of the pan-African EchiTAb-Plus-ICP antivenom by antivenomics and neutralization approaches. J Proteome Res. 2011;10:1266-80 pubmed publisher..The impaired activity of EchiTAb-Plus-ICP against N. katiensis may not represent a major concern. This species is sympatric with N. nigricollis in many regions of Africa, although very few bites have been attributed to it...
- Naturil Alfonso C, Saenz de Juano M, Peñaranda D, Vicente J, Marco Jimenez F. Parthenogenic blastocysts cultured under in vivo conditions exhibit proliferation and differentiation expression genes similar to those of normal embryos. Anim Reprod Sci. 2011;127:222-8 pubmed publisher..Our study highlights the importance of culture conditions in subsequent uses of parthenotes, such as the production of stem cell lines. ..
- Navarro Campos C, Martínez Ferrer M, Campos J, Fibla J, Alcaide J, Bargues L, et al. The influence of host fruit and temperature on the body size of adult Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) under laboratory and field conditions. Environ Entomol. 2011;40:931-8 pubmed publisher..The implications of this adult size pattern on the biology of C. capitata and on the application of the sterile insect technique are discussed...
- Braza Boïls A, Ferrándiz M, Terencio M, Alcaraz M. Analysis of early biochemical markers and regulation by tin protoporphyrin IX in a model of spontaneous osteoarthritis. Exp Gerontol. 2012;47:406-9 pubmed publisher..p.) for 4 weeks significantly reduced the progression of OA. Our data suggest that MMP-3 is a sensitive biomarker to detect early OA alterations and that SnPP could be a protective agent in OA. ..
- Carrió E, Güemes J. The role of a mixed mating system in the reproduction of a Mediterranean subshrub (Fumana hispidula, Cistaceae). J Plant Res. 2013;126:33-40 pubmed publisher..These results support the idea that F. hispidula has a mixed mating strategy, which represents a successful reproduction mode in their patchy habitats...
- Pérez Ortín J, Alepuz P, Chávez S, Choder M. Eukaryotic mRNA decay: methodologies, pathways, and links to other stages of gene expression. J Mol Biol. 2013;425:3750-75 pubmed publisher..Some of these factors can regulate both transcription and decay rates, thereby maintaining proper mRNA homeostasis during eukaryotic cell life. ..
- Griffeth R, Carretero J, Burks D. Insulin receptor substrate 2 is required for testicular development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62103 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results demonstrate that IRS2 plays a critical role in testicular development, potentially by mediating IGF1 signalling during embryonic and early postnatal development. ..
- Vina J, Borras C, Abdelaziz K, Garcia Valles R, Gomez Cabrera M. The free radical theory of aging revisited: the cell signaling disruption theory of aging. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2013;19:779-87 pubmed publisher..The hurdles are, no doubt, very high, but the intellectual and practical promise of these studies is of such magnitude that we feel that all efforts will be generously rewarding. ..
- Savietto D, Cervera C, Blas E, Baselga M, Larsen T, Friggens N, et al. Environmental sensitivity differs between rabbit lines selected for reproductive intensity and longevity. Animal. 2013;7:1969-77 pubmed publisher..The results for LP does indicate a direct use of DE ingested for reproduction with little PFT change, whereas V does actively use the PFT reserves for reproduction. ..
- Tzanoulinou S, GarcÃa MompÃ³ C, Riccio O, Grosse J, Zanoletti O, Dedousis P, et al. Neuroligin-2 Expression in the Prefrontal Cortex is Involved in Attention Deficits Induced by Peripubertal Stress. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2016;41:751-61 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NLGN-2 is underscored as a promising target to treat stress-induced cognitive alterations, and in particular attentional deficits as manifested by augmented omissions in a continuous performance task. ..
- Herráiz F, Villano D, Plazas M, Vilanova S, Ferreres F, Prohens J, et al. Phenolic Profile and Biological Activities of the Pepino (Solanum muricatum) Fruit and Its Wild Relative S. caripense. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:394 pubmed publisher..caripense E-7 (high for antioxidant activity) to select and breed pepino varieties with enhanced properties. ..
- Arias Mutis O, Marrachelli V, Ruiz Sauri A, Alberola A, Morales J, Such Miquel L, et al. Development and characterization of an experimental model of diet-induced metabolic syndrome in rabbit. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178315 pubmed publisher..This experimental model should provide a valuable tool for studies into the mechanisms of cardiovascular problems related to MetS, with special relevance in the study of cardiovascular remodeling, arrhythmias and SCD. ..
- Penades J, Bernal D, Revert F, Johansson C, Fresquet V, Cervera J, et al. Characterization and expression of multiple alternatively spliced transcripts of the Goodpasture antigen gene region. Goodpasture antibodies recognize recombinant proteins representing the autoantigen and one of its alternative forms. Eur J Biochem. 1995;229:754-60 pubmed
- Diez Juan A, Andres V. The growth suppressor p27(Kip1) protects against diet-induced atherosclerosis. FASEB J. 2001;15:1989-95 pubmed..Thus, our study establishes a molecular link between decreased p27 protein expression and atherogenesis in hypercholesterolemic animals. ..
- Castro C, Diez Juan A, Cortés M, Andres V. Distinct regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinases and p27Kip1 in smooth muscle cells from different vascular beds. A potential role in establishing regional phenotypic variance. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4482-90 pubmed
- Marrachelli V, Miranda F, Centeno J, Salom J, Torregrosa G, Jover Mengual T, et al. Role of NO-synthases and cyclooxygenases in the hyperreactivity of male rabbit carotid artery to testosterone under experimental diabetes. Pharmacol Res. 2010;61:62-70 pubmed publisher..The hypotestosteronemia observed in diabetic rabbits could be a consequence of the increased expression of iNOS and could contribute to the hyperreactivity of the rabbit carotid artery to testosterone. ..
- Armiñán A, Gandia C, Garcia Verdugo J, Lledó E, Trigueros C, Ruiz Sauri A, et al. Mesenchymal stem cells provide better results than hematopoietic precursors for the treatment of myocardial infarction. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;55:2244-53 pubmed publisher..Mesenchymal stem cells might be more effective than CD34(+) cells for the healing of the infarct. This study contributes to elucidate the mechanisms by which these cell types operate in the course of MI treatment. ..
- Fernández Alvarez A, Alvarez M, Gonzalez R, Cucarella C, Muntane J, Casado M. Human SREBP1c expression in liver is directly regulated by peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPARalpha). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21466-77 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results identify PPAR? as a novel regulatory factor in SREBP1c regulation which plays a relevant role in the interplay between lipids and insulin metabolic regulation. ..
- Gelis S, De Groot P, Castillo L, Moragues M, Sentandreu R, Gómez M, et al. Pga13 in Candida albicans is localized in the cell wall and influences cell surface properties, morphogenesis and virulence. Fungal Genet Biol. 2012;49:322-31 pubmed publisher..This is consistent with the observed reduced virulence of pga13? mutants in a mouse model of disseminated candidiasis. ..
- Marinho A, Morais I, Lima D, Jorge A, Jorge R, Menezes R, et al. Bothropoides pauloensis venom effects on isolated perfused kidney and cultured renal tubular epithelial cells. Toxicon. 2015;108:126-33 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated that BpV cytotoxicity on renal epithelial cells might be responsible for the nephrotoxicity observed in isolated kidney. ..
- Agramunt Lerma M, Errando Mariscal J, Delgado Cordón F, Gómez Abril S, Montalvá Orón E, Martínez Pérez M. Small bowel obstruction caused by snail's shell: radiographic and CT findings. J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2002;26:529-31 pubmed..This is an unusual case of small bowel obstruction due to a foreign body that was preoperatively diagnosed with imaging. ..
- Blanco A, Pascual M, Valles S, Guerri C. Ethanol-induced iNOS and COX-2 expression in cultured astrocytes via NF-kappa B. Neuroreport. 2004;15:681-5 pubmed..These results suggest that ethanol is able to induce inflammatory mediators in astrocytes through the NF-kappa B activation. ..
- Perdiguero Alonso D, Montero F, Raga J, Balbuena J. Diclidophora merlangi (Monogenea: Diclidophoridae) on Atlantic cod, Gadus morhua. J Parasitol. 2006;92:697-702 pubmed..By contrast, the aspect and smaller size of the oocytes suggested that D. merlangi on cod could not produce viable ova, although 1 specimen exhibited an egg with normal sized and shaped capsule. ..
- Comas I, Moya A, Gonzalez Candelas F. From phylogenetics to phylogenomics: the evolutionary relationships of insect endosymbiotic gamma-Proteobacteria as a test case. Syst Biol. 2007;56:1-16 pubmed..Nevertheless, other phylogenomic methods such as supertree approaches were useful in revealing alternative phylogenetic signals and should be included in comprehensive phylogenomic studies. ..
- Piqueras L, Sanz M, Perretti M, Morcillo E, Norling L, Mitchell J, et al. Activation of PPARbeta/delta inhibits leukocyte recruitment, cell adhesion molecule expression, and chemokine release. J Leukoc Biol. 2009;86:115-22 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that PPARbeta/delta modulates acute inflammation in vivo and in vitro under flow by targeting the neutrophil-endothelial cell interaction. ..
- Gómez Lechón M, Castell J, Donato M. The use of hepatocytes to investigate drug toxicity. Methods Mol Biol. 2010;640:389-415 pubmed publisher..In this regard, cytomic, proteomic, toxicogenomic and metabonomic approaches help to define patterns of hepatotoxicity for early identification of potential adverse effects of the drug to the liver. ..
- Gozalbes R, Pineda Lucena A. Small molecule databases and chemical descriptors useful in chemoinformatics: an overview. Comb Chem High Throughput Screen. 2011;14:548-458 pubmed
- Maicas N, Ibáñez L, Alcaraz M, Ubeda A, Ferrándiz M. Prostaglandin D2 regulates joint inflammation and destruction in murine collagen-induced arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 2012;64:130-40 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that PGD2 is produced in articular tissue during the development of CIA and plays an antiinflammatory role, acting through the DP1 receptor. ..
- Moya M, Benet M, Guzmán C, Tolosa L, García Monzón C, Pareja E, et al. Foxa1 reduces lipid accumulation in human hepatocytes and is down-regulated in nonalcoholic fatty liver. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30014 pubmed publisher..However, Foxa1 is down-regulated in human and rat NAFL and, therefore, increasing Foxa1 levels could protect from steatosis. Altogether, we suggest that Foxa1 could be a novel therapeutic target for NAFL disease and insulin resistance. ..
- Rodríguez Jimnez F, Alastrue Agudo A, Erceg S, Stojkovic M, Moreno Manzano V. FM19G11 favors spinal cord injury regeneration and stem cell self-renewal by mitochondrial uncoupling and glucose metabolism induction. Stem Cells. 2012;30:2221-33 pubmed publisher..Overall, FM19G11 exerts an important influence on the self-renewal of ependymal stem progenitor cells with a plausible neuroprotective role, providing functional benefits for spinal cord injury treatment. ..
- Ferrian S, Guerrero I, Blas E, García Diego F, Viana D, Pascual J, et al. How selection for reproduction or foundation for longevity could have affected blood lymphocyte populations of rabbit does under conventional and heat stress conditions. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2012;150:53-60 pubmed publisher
- Santos Garcia D, Farnier P, Beitia F, Zchori Fein E, Vavre F, Mouton L, et al. Complete genome sequence of "Candidatus Portiera aleyrodidarum" BT-QVLC, an obligate symbiont that supplies amino acids and carotenoids to Bemisia tabaci. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:6654-5 pubmed publisher..It presents a reduced genome (357 kb) encoding the capability to synthetize, or participate in the synthesis of, several amino acids and carotenoids, being the first insect endosymbiont capable of supplying carotenoids...
- MonleÃ³n S, Duque A, Vinader Caerols C. Effects of several degrees of chronic social defeat stress on emotional and spatial memory in CD1 mice. Behav Processes. 2016;124:23-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, CSDS has a greater impact on emotional memory than on spatial memory. These negative effects of CSDS on memory do not seem to be secondary to the motor or emotional effects of stress. ..
- Vidal GÃ³mez X, Novella S, PÃ©rez MonzÃ³ I, Garabito M, Dantas A, Segarra G, et al. Decreased bioavailability of nitric oxide in aorta from ovariectomized senescent mice. Role of cyclooxygenase. Exp Gerontol. 2016;76:1-8 pubmed publisher..These effects were reversed by estrogen administration. ..
- Martinez Jimenez C, Gomez Lechon M, Castell J, Jover R. Transcriptional regulation of the human hepatic CYP3A4: identification of a new distal enhancer region responsive to CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein beta isoforms (liver activating protein and liver inhibitory protein). Mol Pharmacol. 2005;67:2088-101 pubmed..Together, our results uncover a new distal enhancer site in the CYP3A4 gene where C/EBPbeta-LAP binds and activates transcription, whereas the truncated form, C/EBPbeta-LIP, antagonizes LAP activity and causes gene repression. ..
- Espana F, Navarro S, Medina P, Zorio E, Estelles A. The role of protein C inhibitor in human reproduction. Semin Thromb Hemost. 2007;33:41-5 pubmed..05 microM of PCI, fertilization rates might be significantly reduced. All of these data suggest that PCI is involved in human reproduction at several steps, including the fertilization process. ..
- Apostolova N, Blas García A, Esplugues J. Mitochondrial interference by anti-HIV drugs: mechanisms beyond Pol-? inhibition. Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2011;32:715-25 pubmed publisher..This review aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the mechanisms and factors which influence the mitochondrial involvement in the toxicity of all three major classes of anti-HIV drugs. ..
- VayÃ¡ I, Andreu I, Monje V, JimÃ©nez M, Miranda M. Mechanistic Studies on the Photoallergy Mediated by Fenofibric Acid: Photoreactivity with Serum Albumins. Chem Res Toxicol. 2016;29:40-6 pubmed publisher..This results in the formation of caged radical pairs followed by C-C coupling to give covalent photoaducts. ..
- López Coronado J, Bellés J, Lesage F, Serrano R, Rodriguez P. A novel mammalian lithium-sensitive enzyme with a dual enzymatic activity, 3'-phosphoadenosine 5'-phosphate phosphatase and inositol-polyphosphate 1-phosphatase. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16034-9 pubmed..Finally, an unexpected connection between PAP and inositol-1,4-bisphosphate metabolism emerges from this work. ..
- Torregrosa G, Burguete M, Pérez Asensio F, Salom J, Gil J, Alborch E. Pharmacological profile of phytoestrogens in cerebral vessels: in vitro study with rabbit basilar artery. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;482:227-34 pubmed..Phytoestrogens act as cerebrovascular relaxants by a mechanism which involves Ca(2+) entry blockade in the vascular smooth muscle rather than stimulation of vasorelaxant endothelium-related mechanisms such as NO/cGMP or prostaglandins. ..
- Ortiz C, Ito T, Hashimoto Y, Nagayama S, Iwai A, Tsunoda S, et al. Effects of small interfering RNAs targeting fascin on human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell lines. Diagn Pathol. 2010;5:41 pubmed publisher..This indicates that targeting fascin pathway could be a novel therapeutic strategy for the human ESCC. ..
- Cosin Roger J, Vernia S, Alvarez M, Cucarella C, Bosca L, Martín Sanz P, et al. Identification of a novel Pfkfb1 mRNA variant in rat fetal liver. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;431:36-40 pubmed publisher..The long variant codes to a new isoform (FL-PFK-2) that would be of relevant function to modulate the transition of fetal to adult liver metabolism. ..
- Pascual Lucas M, Fernandez Lizarbe S, Montesinos J, Guerri C. LPS or ethanol triggers clathrin- and rafts/caveolae-dependent endocytosis of TLR4 in cortical astrocytes. J Neurochem. 2014;129:448-62 pubmed publisher..The results provide new insights into the effects of ethanol on TLR4 signalling in astrocytes, events that may underlie neuroinflammation. ..
- Gomez Lechon M, Jover R, Donato T, Ponsoda X, Rodriguez C, Stenzel K, et al. Long-term expression of differentiated functions in hepatocytes cultured in three-dimensional collagen matrix. J Cell Physiol. 1998;177:553-62 pubmed
- Arnal Pastor M, ComÃn CebriÃ¡n S, MartÃnez Ramos C, MonleÃ³n Pradas M, VallÃ©s Lluch A. Hydrophilic surface modification of acrylate-based biomaterials. J Biomater Appl. 2016;30:1429-41 pubmed publisher..This surface modification of 3D porous hydrophobic scaffolds makes easier the wetting with culture medium and aqueous solutions in general, and thus represents an advantage in the manageability of the scaffolds. ..
- Waqas S, Hoang A, Lin Y, Ampem G, Azegrouz H, Balogh L, et al. Neuropeptide FF increases M2 activation and self-renewal of adipose tissue macrophages. J Clin Invest. 2017;127:2842-2854 pubmed publisher..NPFF thus plays an important role in supporting healthy adipose tissue via the maintenance of metabolically beneficial ATMs. ..
- Sánchez Sánchez A, Camp E, Leal Tassias A, Mullor J. Wnt signaling has different temporal roles during retinal development. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:297-310 pubmed publisher..Instead, Wnt regulated Vsx1 expression, but not the expression of other retinal cell markers tested. Thus, the response of NRP cells to Wnt signaling is stage-dependent. ..
- Marin M, Esteban Pretel G, Ponsoda X, Romero A, Ballestín R, Lopez C, et al. Endocytosis in cultured neurons is altered by chronic alcohol exposure. Toxicol Sci. 2010;115:202-13 pubmed publisher..Our results in neurons also stress the notion that one of the main targets of ethanol is intracellular transport. ..
- Ferrer P, Asensi M, Priego S, Benlloch M, Mena S, Ortega A, et al. Nitric oxide mediates natural polyphenol-induced Bcl-2 down-regulation and activation of cell death in metastatic B16 melanoma. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:2880-90 pubmed..Direct NO-induced cytotoxicity and ceramide-induced mitochondrial permeability transition and apoptosis activation can explain the increased endothelium-induced death of Bcl-2-depleted B16M-F10 cells. ..
- Martorell A, GarcÃa Ara M, Plaza A, BonÃ© J, Nevot S, Echeverria L, et al. The predictive value of specific immunoglobulin E levels in serum for the outcome of the development of tolerance in cow's milk allergy. Allergol Immunopathol (Madr). 2008;36:325-30 pubmed..Quantification of CMP specific IgE is a useful test for diagnosing symptomatic allergy to CM in the paediatric population, and could eliminate the need to perform oral challenges tests in a significant number of children. ..
- Borrego J, Cartagena J, Engel J. Treatment of feline mammary tumours using chemotherapy, surgery and a COX-2 inhibitor drug (meloxicam): a retrospective study of 23 cases (2002-2007)*. Vet Comp Oncol. 2009;7:213-21 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies with a higher number of cases are warranted to investigate the utility of this multimodality protocol for the treatment of feline mammary tumours. ..
- Gomez R, Soares S, Busso C, Garcia Velasco J, Simon C, Pellicer A. Physiology and pathology of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Semin Reprod Med. 2010;28:448-57 pubmed publisher..Pharmaco-prevention through dopamine agonists is effective only in nonpregnant high-risk OHSS women. Embryo cryopreservation plus dopamine agonist administration might be the most appropriate way to prevent OHSS in high-risk patients...
- Lamelas A, Gosalbes M, Moya A, Latorre A. New clues about the evolutionary history of metabolic losses in bacterial endosymbionts, provided by the genome of Buchnera aphidicola from the aphid Cinara tujafilina. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2011;77:4446-54 pubmed publisher..Although stochastic gene loss plays a role in the genome reduction process, it is also clear that metabolism, as a functional constraint, is also a powerful evolutionary force in insect endosymbionts...
- Berjano E, Alio J, Saiz J. Modeling for radio-frequency conductive keratoplasty: implications for the maximum temperature reached in the cornea. Physiol Meas. 2005;26:157-72 pubmed
- Latorre A, Gil R, Silva F, Moya A. Chromosomal stasis versus plasmid plasticity in aphid endosymbiont Buchnera aphidicola. Heredity (Edinb). 2005;95:339-47 pubmed..aphidicola ancestor. B. aphidicola became polyploidy at a given stage of its evolution and plasmid genes have been transferred to the main chromosome through several independent events...
- Porcar M, García Robles I, Domínguez Escribà L, Latorre A. Effects of Bacillus thuringiensis Cry1Ab and Cry3Aa endotoxins on predatory Coleoptera tested through artificial diet-incorporation bioassays. Bull Entomol Res. 2010;100:297-302 pubmed publisher..We discuss the relevance of these findings for the ecology of beneficial Coleoptera and compatibility with Bt and GM Bt crops. ..
- Pinazo DurÃ¡n M, ZanÃ³n Moreno V, Gallego Pinazo R, GarcÃa Medina J. Oxidative stress and mitochondrial failure in the pathogenesis of glaucoma neurodegeneration. Prog Brain Res. 2015;220:127-53 pubmed publisher..Antioxidants may help to counteract oxidative stress and to promote neuroprotection. We provide information that may lead to a new way for diagnosing and treating glaucoma patients. ..
- Llansola M, Sánchez Pérez A, Montoliu C, Felipo V. Modulation of NMDA receptor function by cyclic AMP in cerebellar neurones in culture. J Neurochem. 2004;91:591-9 pubmed..These results indicate that cAMP modulates NMDA receptor in cerebellar neurones and may play a role in NMDA receptor modulation by other receptors. ..
- Calvete J, Marcinkiewicz C, Sanz L. KTS and RTS-disintegrins: anti-angiogenic viper venom peptides specifically targeting the alpha 1 beta 1 integrin. Curr Pharm Des. 2007;13:2853-9 pubmed..Here we discuss structure-function correlations of the novel group of specific (K/R)TS-disintegrins targeting the alpha(1)beta(1) integrin. ..
- Chorro F, Canto I, Brines L, Such Miquel L, Calvo C, Soler C, et al. Experimental Study of the Effects of EIPA, Losartan, and BQ-123 on Electrophysiological Changes Induced by Myocardial Stretch. Rev Esp Cardiol (Engl Ed). 2015;68:1101-10 pubmed publisher..The angiotensin II receptor antagonist losartan and the endothelin A receptor blocker BQ-123 did not modify these effects. ..
- Torres J, Rodriguez J, Myers M, Valiente M, Graves J, Tonks N, et al. Phosphorylation-regulated cleavage of the tumor suppressor PTEN by caspase-3: implications for the control of protein stability and PTEN-protein interactions. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30652-60 pubmed..Our findings suggest the existence of a regulatory mechanism of protein stability and PTEN-protein interactions during apoptosis, executed by caspase-3 in a PTEN phosphorylation-regulated manner. ..
- Rodrigo R, Felipo V. Control of brain glutamine synthesis by NMDA receptors. Front Biosci. 2007;12:883-90 pubmed..This may be useful for example to increase ammonia detoxification in brain in hyperammonemic situations. ..
- Murciano C, Yáñez A, O Connor J, Gozalbo D, Gil M. Influence of aging on murine neutrophil and macrophage function against Candida albicans. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2008;53:214-21 pubmed publisher..albicans disseminated infections in aged mice is correlated with defects in TLR2 expression and in cytokine production, but not with an impaired fungicidal activity. ..
- March C, GarcÃa J, SÃ¡nchez Ã, Arnau A, JimÃ©nez Y, GarcÃa P, et al. High-frequency phase shift measurement greatly enhances the sensitivity of QCM immunosensors. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015;65:1-8 pubmed publisher..The developed 100MHz QCM immunosensor strongly improves sensitivity in biosensing, and therefore can be considered as a very promising new analytical tool for in liquid applications where highly sensitive detection is required. ..
- Escobar J, SÃ¡nchez Illana Ã, Kuligowski J, Torres Cuevas I, Solberg R, Garberg H, et al. Development of a reliable method based on ultra-performance liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry to measure thiol-associated oxidative stress in whole blood samples. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2016;123:104-12 pubmed publisher..23 nmol L(-1) for cysteine. The suitability of the method was ascertained in whole blood samples (n=80) from a consolidated experimental model of hypoxia-reoxygenation in newborn piglets. ..
- Blanco Aparicio C, Torres J, Pulido R. A novel regulatory mechanism of MAP kinases activation and nuclear translocation mediated by PKA and the PTP-SL tyrosine phosphatase. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1129-36 pubmed..These findings support the existence of a novel mechanism by which PKA may regulate the activation and translocation to the nucleus of MAP kinases. ..