Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Murcia, Spain
Locale: Murcia, Spain
Publications273 found, 100 shown here
- Tomé Carneiro J, Gonzálvez M, Larrosa M, Yáñez Gascón M, García Almagro F, Ruiz Ros J, et al. Resveratrol in primary and secondary prevention of cardiovascular disease: a dietary and clinical perspective. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2013;1290:37-51 pubmed publisher..However, statistically significant changes in CVD-risk markers do not necessarily equal clinical significance in the daily care of patients. ..
- Espín S, Martinez Lopez E, León Ortega M, Martínez J, García Fernández A. Oxidative stress biomarkers in Eurasian eagle owls (Bubo bubo) in three different scenarios of heavy metal exposure. Environ Res. 2014;131:134-44 pubmed publisher..In addition, we provide new data on Hg and Cd concentrations related to effects in the antioxidant system. ..
- Baenas N, Piegholdt S, Schloesser A, Moreno D, García Viguera C, Rimbach G, et al. Metabolic Activity of Radish Sprouts Derived Isothiocyanates in Drosophila melanogaster. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:251 pubmed publisher..These processes are often affected in chronic diseases associated with aging, including type II diabetes mellitus. ..
- Cordero H, Ceballos Francisco D, Cuesta A, Esteban M. Dorso-ventral skin characterization of the farmed fish gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata). PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180438 pubmed publisher..Taking into account all together, this study represents a step forward in our knowledge of the skin structure and skin regeneration of an important farmed teleost, gilthead seabream, one of the most commonly farmed fish worldwide. ..
- Tatay Dualde J, Prats van der Ham M, de la Fe C, Paterna A, Sanchez A, Corrales J, et al. Resistance mechanisms against quinolones in Mycoplasma capricolum subsp. capricolum. Vet J. 2017;223:1-4 pubmed publisher..Alterations in parC predicted amino acid sequences were most frequently associated with quinolone resistance in Mcc. ..
- Cuesta A, Esteban M, Meseguer J. Molecular characterization of the nonspecific cytotoxic cell receptor (NCCRP-1) demonstrates gilthead seabream NCC heterogeneity. Dev Comp Immunol. 2005;29:637-50 pubmed..Immunofluorescence microscopic observations confirm the previous results. The implications of this receptor on seabream NCC activity are discussed. ..
- González Candela M, Martín Atance P, Seva J, Pallares F, León Vizcaíno L. Granulomatous hepatitis caused by Salmonella Typhimurium in a spur-thighed tortoise (Testudo graeca). Vet Rec. 2005;157:236-7 pubmed
- Larque E, Sabater Molina M, Zamora S. Biological significance of dietary polyamines. Nutrition. 2007;23:87-95 pubmed..They are components of breast milk and might be important in neonatal gut maturation, for which reason the possible supplementation of infant formulas with these compounds is under study...
- Sepulcre M, Sarropoulou E, Kotoulas G, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Vibrio anguillarum evades the immune response of the bony fish sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax L.) through the inhibition of leukocyte respiratory burst and down-regulation of apoptotic caspases. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:3751-7 pubmed..These results suggest that the virulence mechanisms of V. anguillarum in sea bass involve the inhibition of leukocyte respiratory burst and apoptosis, and thereby providing a safe haven for growth. ..
- Parrilla Reverter G, Agudo M, Nadal Nicolás F, Alarcón Martínez L, Jiménez López M, Salinas Navarro M, et al. Time-course of the retinal nerve fibre layer degeneration after complete intra-orbital optic nerve transection or crush: a comparative study. Vision Res. 2009;49:2808-25 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this aberrant pNFH-expression pattern starts earlier and is more dramatic after IONT than after IONC, highlighting the importance that the type of injury has on the time-course of RGC degeneration. ..
- Amores J, Sanchez A, Martín A, Corrales J, Contreras A, de la Fe C. Viability of Mycoplasma agalactiae and Mycoplasma mycoides subsp. capri in goat milk samples stored under different conditions. Vet Microbiol. 2010;145:347-50 pubmed publisher..Given the different sensitivity of the two mycoplasma species to BR, refrigerated milk samples treated with AZ could be used to detect infections caused by both species through culture-based methods...
- Soler L, Gutierrez A, Martinez Subiela S, Ceron J. Development and validation of a novel competitive ELISA for the detection of serum amyloid A in pigs. Vet J. 2011;190:e7-11 pubmed publisher..This novel assay precisely and sensitively measures SAA levels in pigs and will facilitate the more accurate assessment and study of the acute phase response in this species. ..
- Pelegrin P, García Castillo J, Mulero V, Meseguer J. Interleukin-1beta isolated from a marine fish reveals up-regulated expression in macrophages following activation with lipopolysaccharide and lymphokines. Cytokine. 2001;16:67-72 pubmed..More importantly, IL-1beta was highly expressed by purified macrophage monolayers and was up-regulated by lipopolysaccharide and lymphocyte-derived macrophage-activating factor stimulation. ..
- González Cuello A, Milanes M, Castells M, Laorden M. Activation of c-fos expression in the heart after morphine but not U-50,488H withdrawal. Br J Pharmacol. 2003;138:626-33 pubmed
- González Candela M, León Vizcaino L, Cubero Pablo M. Population effects of sarcoptic mange in Barbary sheep (Ammotragus lervia) from Sierra Espuña Regional Park, Spain. J Wildl Dis. 2004;40:456-65 pubmed
- Roca F, Cayuela M, Secombes C, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Post-transcriptional regulation of cytokine genes in fish: A role for conserved AU-rich elements located in the 3'-untranslated region of their mRNAs. Mol Immunol. 2007;44:472-8 pubmed..Both cytokine mRNAs were unstable with an estimated half-life of about 45 min in control and activated cells. ..
- de Heredia F, Larque E, Portillo M, Canteras M, Zamora S, Garaulet M. Age-related changes in fatty acids from different adipose depots in rat and their association with adiposity and insulin. Nutrition. 2008;24:1013-22 pubmed publisher..In rats fed a high-fat diet, aging resulted in a lower saturation degree, with increased values in the cardiometabolic risk factor omega-6/omega-3 ratio in serum and adipose tissue. ..
- Saez F, Reverte V, Salazar F, Castells M, Llinas M, Salazar F. Hypertension and sex differences in the age-related renal changes when cyclooxygenase-2 activity is reduced during nephrogenesis. Hypertension. 2009;53:331-7 pubmed publisher..However, the consequent age-dependent deterioration of the renal structure and renal function is only significantly enhanced in male rats. ..
- López Muñoz A, Roca F, Meseguer J, Mulero V. New insights into the evolution of IFNs: zebrafish group II IFNs induce a rapid and transient expression of IFN-dependent genes and display powerful antiviral activities. J Immunol. 2009;182:3440-9 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results suggest nonredundant, complementary roles of type I zfIFNs in viral infections and provide evidence for a pivotal role of the recently identified group II IFN of fish in the early stages of viral infections. ..
- Coy P, Jimenez Movilla M, García Vázquez F, Mondéjar I, Grullon L, Romar R. Oocytes use the plasminogen-plasmin system to remove supernumerary spermatozoa. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:1985-93 pubmed publisher..Since components of the PLG-PLA system are already available as drugs for heart attacks or cancer therapies, basic research on this novel function would be rapidly transferable for clinical application. ..
- Villamizar N, Ribas L, Piferrer F, Vera L, Sanchez Vazquez F. Impact of daily thermocycles on hatching rhythms, larval performance and sex differentiation of zebrafish. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52153 pubmed publisher..3 fold increase). Taken together, these findings highlight the key role of environmental cycles during early development, which shaped the daily rhythms in fish embryo and larvae, and ultimately influenced sex differentiation. ..
- McGowan D, Herschke F, Pauwels F, Stoops B, Smyej I, Last S, et al. Identification and Optimization of Pyrrolo[3,2-d]pyrimidine Toll-like Receptor 7 (TLR7) Selective Agonists for the Treatment of Hepatitis B. J Med Chem. 2017;60:6137-6151 pubmed publisher..We aimed for a high first pass effect, limiting cytokine induction systemically, and demonstrated the potential for the immunotherapy of viral hepatitis. ..
- Martinez Menarguez J, Prekeris R, Oorschot V, Scheller R, Slot J, Geuze H, et al. Peri-Golgi vesicles contain retrograde but not anterograde proteins consistent with the cisternal progression model of intra-Golgi transport. J Cell Biol. 2001;155:1213-24 pubmed..These data suggest a role of peri-Golgi vesicles in recycling of Golgi residents, rather than an important role in anterograde transport. ..
- Laorden M, Nunez C, Almela P, Milanes M. Morphine withdrawal-induced c-fos expression in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus is dependent on the activation of catecholaminergic neurones. J Neurochem. 2002;83:132-40 pubmed
- Barcia C, Sánchez Bahillo A, Fernández Villalba E, Bautista V, Poza Y Poza M, Fernández Barreiro A, et al. Evidence of active microglia in substantia nigra pars compacta of parkinsonian monkeys 1 year after MPTP exposure. Glia. 2004;46:402-9 pubmed..These data suggest that neurodegeneration was still active despite the absence of the agent triggering cell death and that the glial reaction is associated with long-term neurodegeneration. ..
- Nieto Cerón S, del Campo L, Muñoz Delgado E, Vidal C, Campoy F. Muscular dystrophy by merosin deficiency decreases acetylcholinesterase activity in thymus of Lama2dy mice. J Neurochem. 2005;95:1035-46 pubmed
- Crespo León F, Gutiérrez Díez F, Rodríguez Ferri F, León Vizcaíno L, Cuello Gijón F, Gimeno E, et al. The translation into Spanish of the OIE Manual of diagnostic tests and vaccines for terrestrial animals (mammals, birds and bees): problems, solutions and conclusions. Rev Sci Tech. 2005;24:1095-104 pubmed
- González Candela M, Verbisck Bucker G, Martín Atance P, Cubero Pablo M, León Vizcaíno L. Mycoplasmas isolated from Spanish ibex (Capra pyrenaica hispanica): frequency and risk factors. Vet Rec. 2007;161:167-8 pubmed
- Navarro Zaragoza J, Nunez C, Laorden M, Milanes M. Effects of corticotropin-releasing factor receptor-1 antagonists on the brain stress system responses to morphine withdrawal. Mol Pharmacol. 2010;77:864-73 pubmed publisher..However, CRF1R activation may not contribute to the functional interaction between NA and CRF systems in mediating morphine withdrawal-activation of brain stress neurocircuitry. ..
- Cabas I, Chaves Pozo E, Alcázar A, Meseguer J, Mulero V, García Ayala A. Dietary intake of 17?-ethinylestradiol promotes leukocytes infiltration in the gonad of the hermaphrodite gilthead seabream. Mol Immunol. 2011;48:2079-86 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the dietary intake of EE(2) promoted a dose-dependent up-regulation of the expression of genes coding for cytokines, chemokines and adhesion molecules correlated with a leukocyte infiltration...
- Escribano D, Gutierrez A, Martinez Subiela S, Tecles F, Ceron J. Validation of three commercially available immunoassays for quantification of IgA, IgG, and IgM in porcine saliva samples. Res Vet Sci. 2012;93:682-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, these assays may be used in porcine saliva samples, in addition, the measurement of Igs in saliva could be a practical tool, simple and minimally invasive, to evaluate the humoral immune status of pigs. ..
- Tomás M, Marín M, Martínez Alonso E, Esteban Pretel G, Diaz Ruiz A, Vazquez Martinez R, et al. Alcohol induces Golgi fragmentation in differentiated PC12 cells by deregulating Rab1-dependent ER-to-Golgi transport. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012;138:489-501 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results support the view that alcohol and neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson have similar effects on intracellular trafficking and provide new clues on the neuropathology of alcoholism. ..
- Stetson I, Izquierdo Rico M, Moros C, Chevret P, Lorenzo P, Ballesta J, et al. Rabbit zona pellucida composition: a molecular, proteomic and phylogenetic approach. J Proteomics. 2012;75:5920-35 pubmed publisher..The data presented in this manuscript provide evidence, for the first time, that the rabbit ZP is composed of four glycoproteins...
- Martínez Mora C, Mrowiec A, García Vizcaíno E, Alcaraz A, Cenis J, Nicolás F. Fibroin and sericin from Bombyx mori silk stimulate cell migration through upregulation and phosphorylation of c-Jun. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42271 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results showed that fibroin and sericin initiate cell migration by activating the MEK, JNK and PI3K signalling pathways ending in c-Jun activation. ..
- MartÃnez B, Rubio B, Viera C, Linares M, Egea M, Panella Riera N, et al. Evaluation of different strategies to mask boar taint in cooked sausage. Meat Sci. 2016;116:26-33 pubmed publisher..Only the combined use of spices and smoking was able to eliminate the perception of androstenone. The application of this strategy in frankfurters could be an alternative in the commercialization of entire pigs. ..
- Munoz P, Meseguer J, Esteban M. Phenoloxidase activity in three commercial bivalve species. Changes due to natural infestation with Perkinsus atlanticus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2006;20:12-9 pubmed..The present work constitutes the first report on the influence of this parasite on PO activity in haemolymph and haemocytes from T. decussatus. ..
- González Cuello A, Sanchez L, Hernandez J, Teresa Castells M, Victoria Milanés M, Laorden M. Phosphodiesterase 4 inhibitors, rolipram and diazepam block the adaptive changes observed during morphine withdrawal in the heart. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;570:1-9 pubmed
- Salinas I, Abelli L, Bertoni F, Picchietti S, Roque A, Furones D, et al. Monospecies and multispecies probiotic formulations produce different systemic and local immunostimulatory effects in the gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata L.). Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2008;25:114-23 pubmed publisher..The advantages provided by administration of killed probiotic bacteria as well as multispecies versus monospecies formulations are discussed in light of the results obtained and for their possible application in aquacultural practices. ..
- Garcia Vazquez F, García Roselló E, Gutierrez Adan A, Gadea J. Effect of sperm treatment on efficiency of EGFP-expressing porcine embryos produced by ICSI-SMGT. Theriogenology. 2009;72:506-18 pubmed publisher..However, severe sperm treatments such as QF and TX-100 may damage the sperm nucleus, induce DNA fragmentation, and/or lead to chromosomal breakage with a detrimental effect on further embryonic development. ..
- Gil M, Cuello C, Parrilla I, Vazquez J, Roca J, Martinez E. Advances in swine in vitro embryo production technologies. Reprod Domest Anim. 2010;45 Suppl 2:40-8 pubmed publisher..This study summarizes recent advancements in IVM-IVF-IVC porcine systems. Recent methods to select monospermic embryos are also discussed. Finally, achievements in vitrification and in somatic cell nuclear transfer are discussed. ..
- Azorín Ortuño M, Yáñez Gascón M, Gonzalez Sarrias A, Larrosa M, Vallejo F, Pallares F, et al. Effects of long-term consumption of low doses of resveratrol on diet-induced mild hypercholesterolemia in pigs: a transcriptomic approach to disease prevention. J Nutr Biochem. 2012;23:829-37 pubmed publisher
- Mondéjar I, Grullón L, García Vázquez F, Romar R, Coy P. Fertilization outcome could be regulated by binding of oviductal plasminogen to oocytes and by releasing of plasminogen activators during interplay between gametes. Fertil Steril. 2012;97:453-61 pubmed publisher..The plasminogen/plasmin system is activated during gamete interaction and regulates the sperm entry into the oocyte. ..
- Soler L, Molenaar A, Merola N, Eckersall P, Gutierrez A, Ceron J, et al. Why working with porcine circulating serum amyloid A is a pig of a job. J Theor Biol. 2013;317:119-25 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that pig systemic SAA is unique compared to other species, which raises questions about the proposed importance of acute phase SAA in HDL metabolism during inflammation in this species. ..
- Soler L, Gutierrez A, Escribano D, Fuentes M, Ceron J. Response of salivary haptoglobin and serum amyloid A to social isolation and short road transport stress in pigs. Res Vet Sci. 2013;95:298-302 pubmed publisher..0001). These results indicate that salivary serum amyloid A (and not haptoglobin) determination is a potential biomarker for the assessment of complex stress in pigs, and that it has a more prolonged response than cortisol. ..
- Herráiz F, Villano D, Plazas M, Vilanova S, Ferreres F, Prohens J, et al. Phenolic Profile and Biological Activities of the Pepino (Solanum muricatum) Fruit and Its Wild Relative S. caripense. Int J Mol Sci. 2016;17:394 pubmed publisher..caripense E-7 (high for antioxidant activity) to select and breed pepino varieties with enhanced properties. ..
- Gómez Ramírez P, Bustnes J, Eulaers I, Herzke D, Johnsen T, Lepoint G, et al. Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances in plasma and feathers of nestling birds of prey from northern Norway. Environ Res. 2017;158:277-285 pubmed publisher..However, further studies on larger sample sizes are needed to confirm this hypothesis since toxic thresholds for nestling birds of prey are not established. ..
- Jiménez Atiénzar M, Cabanes J, Gandia Herrero F, Garcia Carmona F. Kinetic analysis of catechin oxidation by polyphenol oxidase at neutral pH. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;319:902-10 pubmed..The results obtained by simulation of the model produced the same qualitative dependences as obtained experimentally. ..
- García Estañ J, Ortiz M, O Valle F, Alcaraz A, Navarro E, Vargas F, et al. Effects of angiotensin-converting-enzyme inhibitors in combination with diuretics on blood pressure and renal injury in nitric oxide-deficiency-induced hypertension in rats. Clin Sci (Lond). 2006;110:227-33 pubmed..The protective effect is related to an activation of endothelial NO synthase expression and to a normalization of the oxidative stress parameters due to the inhibition of angiotensin II. ..
- Moral Naranjo M, Cabezas Herrera J, Vidal C, Campoy F. Muscular dystrophy with laminin deficiency decreases the content of butyrylcholinesterase tetramers in sciatic nerves of Lama2dy mice. Neurosci Lett. 2002;331:155-8 pubmed..The anomalous synthesis of BuChE forms in dystrophic nerve may be related with peripheral neuropathy of MCMD. ..
- Martínez M, Milanes M, Laorden M. Implication of the signal transduction pathways in the enhancement of noradrenaline turnover induced by morphine withdrawal in the heart. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;471:113-9 pubmed..The present finding suggests that protein kinase A and Ca(2+) influx through L-type Ca(2+) channels might contribute to the activation of noradrenergic system in the heart observed during morphine withdrawal...
- González Cuello A, Milanes M, Laorden M. Increase of tyrosine hydroxylase levels and activity during morphine withdrawal in the heart. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;506:119-28 pubmed..Our results suggest that an increase in tyrosine hydroxylase protein levels and tyrosine hydroxylase enzyme activity might contribute to the enhanced noradrenergic activity in the heart in response to morphine withdrawal. ..
- Aroca P, Puelles L. Postulated boundaries and differential fate in the developing rostral hindbrain. Brain Res Brain Res Rev. 2005;49:179-90 pubmed
- del Rio M, Penuelas Rivas G, Dominguez Perles R, Ramirez P, Parrilla P, Rodriguez Barbosa J. Antibody-mediated signaling through PD-1 costimulates T cells and enhances CD28-dependent proliferation. Eur J Immunol. 2005;35:3545-60 pubmed
- Almela P, Cerezo M, Milanes M, Laorden M. Role of PKC in regulation of Fos and TH expression after naloxone induced morphine withdrawal in the heart. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2006;372:374-82 pubmed
- Salazar F, Reverte V, Saez F, Loria A, Llinas M, Salazar F. Age- and sodium-sensitive hypertension and sex-dependent renal changes in rats with a reduced nephron number. Hypertension. 2008;51:1184-9 pubmed publisher..This study shows that the reduction of angiotensin II effects during the nephrogenic period modifies renal function and induces the development of an angiotensin II-dependent hypertension that becomes sodium sensitive during aging...
- Mulero I, Pilar Sepulcre M, Roca F, Meseguer J, García Ayala A, Mulero V. Characterization of macrophages from the bony fish gilthead seabream using an antibody against the macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor. Dev Comp Immunol. 2008;32:1151-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, as the epitope recognized by the anti-Mcsfr is well conserved, we illustrate the potential usefulness of this antibody in other teleost species, such as the European seabass. ..
- Galindo Tovar A, Vargas M, Kaumann A. Phosphodiesterases PDE3 and PDE4 jointly control the inotropic effects but not chronotropic effects of (-)-CGP12177 despite PDE4-evoked sinoatrial bradycardia in rat atrium. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2009;379:379-84 pubmed publisher..In contrast to the (-)-CGP12177-evoked tachycardia, not controlled by PDE3 and PDE4, these isoenzymes jointly reduce (-)-CGP12177-evoked increases of left atrial contractility through beta(1L)AR. ..
- Belda E, Beldao E, Blissitt K, Duncan J, Laredo F, Escobar Gil de Montes M, et al. The bispectral index during recovery from halothane and sevoflurane anaesthesia in horses. Vet Anaesth Analg. 2010;37:25-34 pubmed publisher..Bispectral indices appear to approximate levels of unconsciousness, suggesting that monitoring the BIS may assist equine anaesthesia. However, it does not predict intra-operative movement. ..
- Navarro J, Sanchez J, Peñafiel Verdú C, Buendia A, Altimira J, Vilafranca M. Histopathological lesions in 15 cats with leishmaniosis. J Comp Pathol. 2010;143:297-302 pubmed publisher..The presence of amastigotes was confirmed by immunohistochemistry in each case. The results of the study confirm the value of histopathological and immunohistochemical techniques for the diagnosis of feline leishmaniosis. ..
- Sánchez Vázquez F, Terry M, Felizardo V, Vera L. Daily rhythms of toxicity and effectiveness of anesthetics (MS222 and eugenol) in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Chronobiol Int. 2011;28:109-17 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, these results revealed that the toxicity and effectiveness of both anesthetic substances is highest during daytime, the active phase of fish, thus suggesting a link between the daily rhythms of behavior and toxicity. ..
- Tvarijonaviciute A, Ceron J, Caldin M. Serum butyrylcholinesterase activity in dogs with diabetes mellitus. Vet J. 2012;192:494-7 pubmed publisher..12 ± 1.94 kUI/L; P<0.05), and with the dogs with other diseases (5.55 ± 2.06 kUI/L; P<0.01). Such increased activity could be the result of the altered glucose and lipid metabolism that occurs in DM. ..
- Galindo Villegas J, García Moreno D, de Oliveira S, Meseguer J, Mulero V. Regulation of immunity and disease resistance by commensal microbes and chromatin modifications during zebrafish development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2605-14 pubmed
- Montenegro M, Sáez Ayala M, Piñero Madrona A, Cabezas Herrera J, Rodriguez Lopez J. Reactivation of the tumour suppressor RASSF1A in breast cancer by simultaneous targeting of DNA and E2F1 methylation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e52231 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that simultaneous targeting of DNA and E2F1 methylation is an effective epigenetic treatment that reactivates RASSF1A expression and induces apoptosis in breast cancer cells. ..
- Carrillo A, Monreal Y, Ramirez P, Suarez E, Parrilla P, Menissier de Murcia J, et al. Establishment of an immortalized PARP-1-/- murine endothelial cell line: a new tool to study PARP-1 mediated endothelial cell dysfunction. J Cell Biochem. 2005;94:1163-74 pubmed..This cell line should provide, for the first time, a valuable tool to study PARP-1 pathways in endothelial cell dysfunction. ..
- Legaz I, Olmos L, Real M, Guirado S, Dávila J, Medina L. Development of neurons and fibers containing calcium binding proteins in the pallial amygdala of mouse, with special emphasis on those of the basolateral amygdalar complex. J Comp Neurol. 2005;488:492-513 pubmed..Any alteration in the development of neurons and fibers containing calcium binding proteins of the pallial amygdala may result in important disorders of emotional and social behavior. ..
- Pastor L, Sánchez Gascón F, Girona J, Bernal Mañas C, Morales E, Beltrán Frutos E, et al. Morphogenesis of rat experimental pulmonary emphysema induced by intratracheally administered papain: changes in elastic fibres. Histol Histopathol. 2006;21:1309-19 pubmed publisher..The results seem to point to a very abnormal remodelling process associated with elastic fibre regeneration, although there were no signs of destruction of these new fibres formed in emphysematous rat lung induced by papain...
- Velásquez J, Canovas S, Barajas P, Marcos J, Jimenez Movilla M, Gallego R, et al. Role of sialic acid in bovine sperm-zona pellucida binding. Mol Reprod Dev. 2007;74:617-28 pubmed..From this last result we hypothesize that a neuraminidase from cortical granules would probably participate in the block to polyspermy by removing sialic acid from the ZP. ..
- Solano F, Briganti S, Picardo M, Ghanem G. Hypopigmenting agents: an updated review on biological, chemical and clinical aspects. Pigment Cell Res. 2006;19:550-71 pubmed..Mammalian skin or at least keratinocytes/melanocytes co-cultures should be preferred rather than pure melanocyte cultures or soluble tyrosinase. ..
- Cuesta A, Salinas I, Rodriguez A, Munoz P, Sitja Bobadilla A, Alvarez Pellitero P, et al. Cell-mediated cytotoxicity is the main innate immune mechanism involved in the cellular defence of gilthead seabream (Teleostei: Sparidae) against Enteromyxum leei (Myxozoa). Parasite Immunol. 2006;28:657-65 pubmed..These data demonstrate that cytotoxic activity may have an important role in the defence of gilthead seabream against the myxosporean E. leei. Immunological implications of E. leei infections are discussed...
- Parra M, Ceron J. Effects of haemolysis, lipaemia and bilirubinaemia in canine C-reactive protein and haptoglobin determination by time-resolved fluorometry: short communication. Acta Vet Hung. 2007;55:295-9 pubmed..18), so the TR-IFMAs could be an alternative to the traditional tests for measuring canine CRP and Hp in those laboratories where immunofluorometric assays are available. ..
- Chaves Pozo E, Liarte S, Fernandez Alacid L, Abellan E, Meseguer J, Mulero V, et al. Pattern of expression of immune-relevant genes in the gonad of a teleost, the gilthead seabream (Sparus aurata L.). Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2998-3011 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that, as occurs in mammals, there is a critical balance between immune molecules and that these may play an essential role in the orchestration of gametogenesis and the maintenance of gonad tissue homeostasis in fish. ..
- Pérez de Heredia F, SANCHEZ J, Priego T, Nicolas F, Portillo M, Palou A, et al. Adiponectin is involved in the protective effect of DHEA against metabolic risk in aged rats. Steroids. 2008;73:1128-36 pubmed publisher..Our results then suggest that adiponectin is involved in the protective effect of DHEA against metabolic risk demonstrated in the present work. ..
- Nunez C, Földes A, Pérez Flores D, García Borrón J, Laorden M, Kovacs K, et al. Elevated glucocorticoid levels are responsible for induction of tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA expression, phosphorylation, and enzyme activity in the nucleus of the solitary tract during morphine withdrawal. Endocrinology. 2009;150:3118-27 pubmed publisher
- Martínez Carrasco C, Martinez C, de Ybáñez M, Espigares D, Tizzani P, Alonso F. Tetrameriosis in feral pigeons from Murcia, Southeastern Spain. Prev Vet Med. 2009;90:284-6 pubmed publisher..Pigeons captured in parks with soil had significantly higher T. (P.) fissispina prevalence compared with those captured in paved areas. ..
- Alarcón Martínez L, de la Villa P, Avilés Trigueros M, Blanco R, Villegas Pérez M, Vidal Sanz M. Short and long term axotomy-induced ERG changes in albino and pigmented rats. Mol Vis. 2009;15:2373-83 pubmed
- Galindo Tovar A, Vargas M, Kaumann A. Function of cardiac beta1- and beta2-adrenoceptors of newborn piglets: role of phosphodiesterases PDE3 and PDE4. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;638:99-107 pubmed publisher..PDE4, but not PDE3, controls the atrial inotropic and cAMP beta(1)-adrenoceptor-mediated responses to (-)-noradrenaline. Both PDE3 and PDE4 blunt left atrial inotropic and cAMP responses to (-)-adrenaline through beta(2)-adrenoceptors. ..
- López Albors O, Arizcun M, Abellan E, Blanco A, Ayala M, Pastor L, et al. Posthatch development of the axial musculature of the common dentex Dentex dentex, L (Teleostei). Histol Histopathol. 2010;25:1557-71 pubmed publisher..Later, during the early postlarval life, a new type of slow twitch red muscle fibre is differentiated (red adult type). ..
- Herraiz C, Journe F, Abdel Malek Z, Ghanem G, Jimenez Cervantes C, Garcia Borron J. Signaling from the human melanocortin 1 receptor to ERK1 and ERK2 mitogen-activated protein kinases involves transactivation of cKIT. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:138-56 pubmed publisher..Moreover, this transactivation phenomenon is unique because it is unaffected by natural mutations impairing canonical MC1R signaling through the cAMP pathway. ..