Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transcription factors in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Topic: transcription factors
Publications225 found, 100 shown here
- Moldón A, Malapeira J, Gabrielli N, Gogol M, Gómez Escoda B, Ivanova T, et al. Promoter-driven splicing regulation in fission yeast. Nature. 2008;455:997-1000 pubmed publisher..2) and Fkh2 (ref. 3). Whereas Mei4 induces both transcription and splicing of rem1, Fkh2 is responsible for the intron retention of the transcript during vegetative growth and the pre-meiotic S phase. ..
- Monge M, Colas E, Doll A, Gil Moreno A, Castellvi J, Diaz B, et al. Proteomic approach to ETV5 during endometrial carcinoma invasion reveals a link to oxidative stress. Carcinogenesis. 2009;30:1288-97 pubmed publisher..This knowledge would also be a valuable tool for the molecular stratification of patients since myometrial affectation determines an increase in the rate of recurrence after a first surgical treatment and a decrease in 5 year survival. ..
- Colome N, Collado J, Bech Serra J, Liiv I, Anton L, Peterson P, et al. Increased apoptosis after autoimmune regulator expression in epithelial cells revealed by a combined quantitative proteomics approach. J Proteome Res. 2010;9:2600-9 pubmed publisher..Data were confirmed by Western blot and flow cytometry analysis. Apoptosis assays with annexin V and etoposide demonstrated that AIRE-positive cells suffer more spontaneous apoptosis and are less resistant to apoptosis induction. ..
- Giralt A, Hondares E, Villena J, Ribas F, Diaz Delfin J, Giralt M, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha controls transcription of the Sirt3 gene, an essential component of the thermogenic brown adipocyte phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:16958-66 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that Pgc-1? controls Sirt3 gene expression and this action is an essential component of the overall mechanisms by which Pgc-1? induces the full acquisition of a brown adipocyte differentiated phenotype. ..
- Bou Torrent J, Salla Martret M, Brandt R, Musielak T, Palauqui J, Martinez Garcia J, et al. ATHB4 and HAT3, two class II HD-ZIP transcription factors, control leaf development in Arabidopsis. Plant Signal Behav. 2012;7:1382-7 pubmed publisher..The finding that HD-ZIPII/HD-ZIPIII also function in shade avoidance suggests that this module is at the nexus of patterning and growth promotion. ..
- Lloberas J, Maki R, Celada A. Repression of major histocompatibility complex I-A beta gene expression by dbpA and dbpB (mYB-1) proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5092-9 pubmed..This suggested that dbpB may complete with NF-YB for interaction with NF-YA. These results provide an example of how dbpA and dbpB may regulate transcription of promoters that utilize NF-Y as a transcription factor. ..
- Dominguez D, Montserrat Sentis B, Virgós Soler A, Guaita S, Grueso J, Porta M, et al. Phosphorylation regulates the subcellular location and activity of the snail transcriptional repressor. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5078-89 pubmed..These findings show the existence in tumor cells of an effective and fine-tuning nontranscriptional mechanism of regulation of Snail activity dependent on the extracellular environment. ..
- Torrents E, Roca I, Gibert I. The open reading frame present in the nrdEF cluster of Corynebacterium ammoniagenes is a transcriptional regulator belonging to the GntR family. Curr Microbiol. 2004;49:152-7 pubmed..The role of this regulator, however, remains unknown. ..
- Rovira M, Delaspre F, Massumi M, Serra S, Valverde M, Lloreta J, et al. Murine embryonic stem cell-derived pancreatic acinar cells recapitulate features of early pancreatic differentiation. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1301-1310, 1310.e1-5 pubmed publisher..These studies allow the generation of almost pure acinar-like cells from ES cells, providing a normal cell-based model for the study of the acinar differentiation program in vitro. ..
- Davalos V, Moutinho C, Villanueva A, Boque R, Silva P, Carneiro F, et al. Dynamic epigenetic regulation of the microRNA-200 family mediates epithelial and mesenchymal transitions in human tumorigenesis. Oncogene. 2012;31:2062-74 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that the epigenetic silencing plasticity of the miR-200 family contributes to the evolving and adapting phenotypes of human tumors. ..
- Vizcaino C, Mansilla S, Núñez L, Mendez C, Salas J, Morís F, et al. Novel mithramycins abrogate the involvement of protein factors in the transcription of cell cycle control genes. Biochem Pharmacol. 2012;84:1133-42 pubmed publisher..Changes in cell cycle distribution and protein levels after treatment with every analog were consistent with changes observed in gene expression. ..
- Mora N, Almudi I, Alsina B, Corominas M, Serras F. ? amyloid protein precursor-like (Appl) is a Ras1/MAPK-regulated gene required for axonal targeting in Drosophila photoreceptor neurons. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:53-9 pubmed publisher..We also found that zebrafish appb expression increased after ectopic fgfr activation in the neural tube of zebrafish embryos, suggesting a conserved regulatory mechanism. ..
- Thomson T, Lozano J, Loukili N, Carrio R, Serras F, Cormand B, et al. Fusion of the human gene for the polyubiquitination coeffector UEV1 with Kua, a newly identified gene. Genome Res. 2000;10:1743-56 pubmed..Therefore, the addition of a Kua domain to UEV in the fused Kua-UEV protein confers new biological properties to this regulator of variant polyubiquitination. ..
- Romero X, Benitez D, March S, Vilella R, Miralpeix M, Engel P. Differential expression of SAP and EAT-2-binding leukocyte cell-surface molecules CD84, CD150 (SLAM), CD229 (Ly9) and CD244 (2B4). Tissue Antigens. 2004;64:132-44 pubmed..The heterogeneous expression of these receptors indicates that these molecules may play non-redundant functions in the regulation of both innate and adaptive immune responses. ..
- Felip E, Taron M, Rosell R, Mendez P, Queralt C, Ronco M, et al. Clinical significance of hypoxia-inducible factor-1a messenger RNA expression in locally advanced non-small-cell lung cancer after platinum agent and gemcitabine chemotherapy followed by surgery. Clin Lung Cancer. 2005;6:299-303 pubmed..Hypoxia-inducible factor-1a expression levels analyzed by real-time quantitative PCR in surgery specimens after platinum/gemcitabine therapy do not correlate with the outcome of patients with stage II/III NSCLC...
- Negre B, Casillas S, Suzanne M, Sánchez Herrero E, Akam M, Nefedov M, et al. Conservation of regulatory sequences and gene expression patterns in the disintegrating Drosophila Hox gene complex. Genome Res. 2005;15:692-700 pubmed..Rather, the organization of Hox genes is modular, and their clustering seems the result of phylogenetic inertia more than functional necessity. ..
- Alvarez Rodriguez R, Barzi M, Berenguer J, Pons S. Bone morphogenetic protein 2 opposes Shh-mediated proliferation in cerebellar granule cells through a TIEG-1-based regulation of Nmyc. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37170-80 pubmed..All together, these data strongly suggest that the BMP2 pathway triggers cell cycle exit and differentiation as two separated but coordinated processes, where TIEG-1 acts as a mediator of the cell cycle arrest. ..
- Sonbol F, Fornalé S, Capellades M, Encina A, Touriño S, Torres J, et al. The maize ZmMYB42 represses the phenylpropanoid pathway and affects the cell wall structure, composition and degradability in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant Mol Biol. 2009;70:283-96 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that ZmMYB42 may be part of the regulatory network controlling the phenylpropanoid biosynthetic pathway. ..
- AragÃ³n E, Goerner N, Zaromytidou A, Xi Q, Escobedo A, MassaguÃ© J, et al. A Smad action turnover switch operated by WW domain readers of a phosphoserine code. Genes Dev. 2011;25:1275-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, a Smad phosphoserine code and a set of WW domain code readers provide an efficient solution to the problem of coupling TGF-? signal delivery to turnover of the Smad signal transducers. ..
- Graindorge A, Militti C, Gebauer F. Posttranscriptional control of X-chromosome dosage compensation. Wiley Interdiscip Rev RNA. 2011;2:534-45 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the posttranscriptional RNA regulatory mechanisms that ensure appropriate dosage compensation in Drosophila, drawing parallels with the mammalian system when appropriate. ..
- Garcia Garcia F, Mullol J, Perez Gonzalez M, Pujols L, Alobid I, Roca Ferrer J, et al. Signal transduction pathways (MAPKs, NF-?B, and C/EBP) regulating COX-2 expression in nasal fibroblasts from asthma patients with aspirin intolerance. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e51281 pubmed publisher..COX-2 downregulation observed in AIA patients appears not to be caused by differences in MAPK dynamics or transcription factor translocation. ..
- Parra Damas A, Valero J, Chen M, España J, Martín E, Ferrer I, et al. Crtc1 activates a transcriptional program deregulated at early Alzheimer's disease-related stages. J Neurosci. 2014;34:5776-87 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a critical role of Crtc1-dependent transcription on spatial memory formation and provide the first evidence that targeting brain transcriptome reverses memory loss in AD. ..
- Boeva V, Louis Brennetot C, Peltier A, Durand S, Pierre Eugène C, Raynal V, et al. Heterogeneity of neuroblastoma cell identity defined by transcriptional circuitries. Nat Genet. 2017;49:1408-1413 pubmed publisher..Most neuroblastoma primary tumors express TFs from the noradrenergic and NCC-like modules. Our data demonstrate a previously unknown aspect of tumor heterogeneity relevant for neuroblastoma treatment strategies. ..
- Rodriguez C, Martinez Gonzalez J, Sánchez Gómez S, Badimon L. LDL downregulates CYP51 in porcine vascular endothelial cells and in the arterial wall through a sterol regulatory element binding protein-2-dependent mechanism. Circ Res. 2001;88:268-74 pubmed..Because this transcription factor controls multiple cell lipid metabolism pathways, its regulation by nLDL could play a key role in lipid-mediated endothelial dysfunction. ..
- Lario S, Mendes D, BescÃ³s M, IÃ±igo P, Campos B, Alvarez R, et al. Expression of transforming growth factor-beta1 and hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha in an experimental model of kidney transplantation. Transplantation. 2003;75:1647-54 pubmed..The up-regulation of TGF-beta1 and HIF-1alpha observed after transplantation could have a positive effect on tubular repair. TGF-beta1 expression was lower in animals treated with cyclosporine, probably because of cellular toxicity. ..
- Hernández Alvarez M, Chiellini C, Manco M, Naon D, Liesa M, Palacin M, et al. Genes involved in mitochondrial biogenesis/function are induced in response to bilio-pancreatic diversion in morbidly obese individuals with normal glucose tolerance but not in type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetologia. 2009;52:1618-27 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the observation that gene expression is not altered with weight loss in type 2 diabetic patients while it is induced in NGT patients suggests a heritable component. ..
- Siles L, Sánchez Tilló E, Lim J, Darling D, Kroll K, Postigo A. ZEB1 imposes a temporary stage-dependent inhibition of muscle gene expression and differentiation via CtBP-mediated transcriptional repression. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:1368-82 pubmed publisher..These results set ZEB1 as an important regulator of the temporal pattern of gene expression controlling muscle differentiation. ..
- Bava F, Eliscovich C, Ferreira P, Minana B, Ben Dov C, Guigo R, et al. CPEB1 coordinates alternative 3'-UTR formation with translational regulation. Nature. 2013;495:121-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel function of CPEB1 in mediating alternative 3'-UTR processing, which is coordinated with regulation of mRNA translation, through its dual nuclear and cytoplasmic functions. ..
- Sol M, Gomis Ruth F, Guasch A, Serrano L, Coll M. Overexpression, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the receiver domain of PhoB. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 1998;54:1460-3 pubmed..11, b = 60.42, c = 119.97 A. The Matthews parameter suggests that PhoB crystallizes with two molecules per asymmetric unit, suggesting that activating dimerization occurs in the crystal. ..
- Servitja J, Ferrer J. Transcriptional networks controlling pancreatic development and beta cell function. Diabetologia. 2004;47:597-613 pubmed..Finally, we propose that pancreatic gene programs might be manipulated to generate beta cells or to enhance the function of existing beta cells, thereby providing a possible treatment of different forms of diabetes. ..
- Goñi J, Vaquerizas J, Dopazo J, Orozco M. Exploring the reasons for the large density of triplex-forming oligonucleotide target sequences in the human regulatory regions. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:63 pubmed..Our results strongly suggest that the unique physical properties of these sequences make them particularly suitable as "separators" between protein-recognition sites in the promoter region. ..
- Neves J, Kamaid A, Alsina B, Giraldez F. Differential expression of Sox2 and Sox3 in neuronal and sensory progenitors of the developing inner ear of the chick. J Comp Neurol. 2007;503:487-500 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a role for SOX2 in specifying a population of otic progenitors committed to a neural fate, giving rise to neurons and hair cells. ..
- Villena J, Kralli A. ERRalpha: a metabolic function for the oldest orphan. Trends Endocrinol Metab. 2008;19:269-76 pubmed publisher..These findings establish the importance of ERRalpha for adaptive energy metabolism, and suggest that strategies targeting ERRalpha may be useful in fighting metabolic diseases. ..
- Lang M, Juan E. Binding site number variation and high-affinity binding consensus of Myb-SANT-like transcription factor Adf-1 in Drosophilidae. Nucleic Acids Res. 2010;38:6404-17 pubmed publisher..Altogether, evolutionary change of ADF-1 binding regions involves both, rearrangements of complex binding site cluster and also nucleotide substitutions within sites that lead to different binding affinities...
- Bayod S, Del Valle J, Lalanza J, Sanchez Roige S, de Luxán Delgado B, Coto Montes A, et al. Long-term physical exercise induces changes in sirtuin 1 pathway and oxidative parameters in adult rat tissues. Exp Gerontol. 2012;47:925-35 pubmed publisher..However, AMPK activation or mitochondrial biogenesis is not modified, but it cannot be discarded that its participation in the adaptive mechanism which prevents the development of the deleterious effects of age. ..
- Sutrias Grau M, Bianchi M, Bernues J. High mobility group protein 1 interacts specifically with the core domain of human TATA box-binding protein and interferes with transcription factor IIB within the pre-initiation complex. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:1628-34 pubmed..These results suggest a general involvement of HMG1 at the early stages of polymerase II transcription that may result in subtle activation or repression of individual genes. ..
- Batlle E, Sancho E, Franci C, Dominguez D, Monfar M, Baulida J, et al. The transcription factor snail is a repressor of E-cadherin gene expression in epithelial tumour cells. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:84-9 pubmed..Inhibition of Snail function in epithelial cancer cell lines lacking E-cadherin protein restores the expression of the E-cadherin gene. ..
- Roglans N, Sanguino E, Peris C, Alegret M, Vazquez M, Adzet T, et al. Atorvastatin treatment induced peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha expression and decreased plasma nonesterified fatty acids and liver triglyceride in fructose-fed rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;302:232-9 pubmed..The increase in PPARalpha expression caused by atorvastatin was associated with reduced liver triglyceride and plasma NEFA levels. ..
- Bernal S, Solans T, Gamundi M, Hernan I, de Jorge L, Carballo M, et al. Analysis of the involvement of the NR2E3 gene in autosomal recessive retinal dystrophies. Clin Genet. 2008;73:360-6 pubmed publisher..These experimental data confirm the splice predictions made by the computer programs. The obtained results reinforce the idea that NR2E3 gene is involved in several retinal diseases without a clear genotype-phenotype correlation. ..
- Blanco E, Pignatelli M, Beltran S, Punset A, Pérez Lluch S, Serras F, et al. Conserved chromosomal clustering of genes governed by chromatin regulators in Drosophila. Genome Biol. 2008;9:R134 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our results indicate that TRX and other chromatin regulators may act globally on chromatin domains that contain transcriptionally co-regulated genes. ..
- Segarra G, van der Ent S, Trillas I, Pieterse C. MYB72, a node of convergence in induced systemic resistance triggered by a fungal and a bacterial beneficial microbe. Plant Biol (Stuttg). 2009;11:90-6 pubmed publisher..strains are highly similar and that MYB72 functions as an early node of convergence in the signalling pathways that are induced by these different beneficial microorganisms. ..
- Pérez Lluch S, Blanco E, Carbonell A, Raha D, Snyder M, Serras F, et al. Genome-wide chromatin occupancy analysis reveals a role for ASH2 in transcriptional pausing. Nucleic Acids Res. 2011;39:4628-39 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that recruitment of the ASH2-containing HMT complexes is context specific and points to a function of ASH2 and H3K4me3 in transcriptional pausing control. ..
- Badiola N, Penas C, Miñano Molina A, Barneda Zahonero B, Fadó R, Sánchez Opazo G, et al. Induction of ER stress in response to oxygen-glucose deprivation of cortical cultures involves the activation of the PERK and IRE-1 pathways and of caspase-12. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e149 pubmed publisher..Processing of procaspase-12 was mediated by NMDA receptor and calpain activation. Moreover, our data suggest that caspase-12 activation is independent of the unfolded protein response activated by ER stress. ..
- Asensio Juan E, Gallego C, Martínez Balbás M. The histone demethylase PHF8 is essential for cytoskeleton dynamics. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9429-40 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results suggest that the mental retardation phenotype associated with loss of function of PHF8 could be due to abnormal neuronal connections as a result of alterations in cytoskeleton function. ..
- Angulo M, Corominas M, Serras F. Activation and repression activities of ash2 in Drosophila wing imaginal discs. Development. 2004;131:4943-53 pubmed..We propose that the Ash2 complex provides a molecular framework for a mechanism required to maintain cellular identities in the wing development. ..
- Robert Moreno A, Espinosa L, de la Pompa J, Bigas A. RBPjkappa-dependent Notch function regulates Gata2 and is essential for the formation of intra-embryonic hematopoietic cells. Development. 2005;132:1117-26 pubmed..Taken together, these data strongly suggest that activation of Gata2 expression by Notch1/RBPjkappa is a crucial event for the onset of definitive hematopoiesis in the embryo. ..
- Beltran M, Puig I, Peña C, Garcia J, Alvarez A, Peña R, et al. A natural antisense transcript regulates Zeb2/Sip1 gene expression during Snail1-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Genes Dev. 2008;22:756-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the results presented in this article reveal the existence of a NAT capable of activating Zeb2 expression, explain the mechanism involved in this activation, and demonstrate that this NAT regulates E-cadherin expression. ..
- Siré C, Moreno A, Garcia Chapa M, López Moya J, San Segundo B. Diurnal oscillation in the accumulation of Arabidopsis microRNAs, miR167, miR168, miR171 and miR398. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1039-44 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a potential role of light in controlling miRNA accumulation while defining a new level of regulation of miRNA gene expression in Arabidopsis. ..
- Tajes M, Gutierrez Cuesta J, Ortuño Sahagun D, Camins A, Pallas M. Anti-aging properties of melatonin in an in vitro murine senescence model: involvement of the sirtuin 1 pathway. J Pineal Res. 2009;47:228-37 pubmed publisher..Globally, these results add weight to the findings of previous reports, indicating a new role for melatonin in improving cell function gated to an increased neuroprotective role for the sirtuin 1 pathway. ..
- Clausell J, Happel N, Hale T, Doenecke D, Beato M. Histone H1 subtypes differentially modulate chromatin condensation without preventing ATP-dependent remodeling by SWI/SNF or NURF. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e0007243 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that the linker histone subtypes are differential organizers of chromatin, rather than general repressors. ..
- Ruiz Roig C, Viéitez C, Posas F, de Nadal E. The Rpd3L HDAC complex is essential for the heat stress response in yeast. Mol Microbiol. 2010;76:1049-62 pubmed publisher..Finally, we found that the large, but not the small Rpd3 complex regulated cell adaptation in response to heat stress. ..
- Bass A, Lawrence M, Brace L, Ramos A, Drier Y, Cibulskis K, et al. Genomic sequencing of colorectal adenocarcinomas identifies a recurrent VTI1A-TCF7L2 fusion. Nat Genet. 2011;43:964-968 pubmed publisher..This study shows previously unidentified levels of genomic rearrangements in colorectal carcinoma that can lead to essential gene fusions and other oncogenic events. ..
- Provenzano C, Zamboni M, Veneziano L, Mantuano E, Garavaglia B, Zorzi G, et al. Functional characterization of two novel mutations in TTF-1/NKX2.1 homeodomain in patients with benign hereditary chorea. J Neurol Sci. 2016;360:78-83 pubmed publisher..Our results confirm the difficulty to correlate the TTF-1 activity with the clinical phenotype of affected patients and highlight the need to increase the limited knowledge we have on the activity of TTF-1 in neuronal cells. ..
- Skoudy A, Rovira M, Savatier P, Martin F, Leon Quinto T, Soria B, et al. Transforming growth factor (TGF)beta, fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and retinoid signalling pathways promote pancreatic exocrine gene expression in mouse embryonic stem cells. Biochem J. 2004;379:749-56 pubmed
- Hondares E, Pineda Torra I, Iglesias R, Staels B, Villarroya F, Giralt M. PPARdelta, but not PPARalpha, activates PGC-1alpha gene transcription in muscle. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;354:1021-7 pubmed..These data point to a distinct value of PPARdelta rather than PPARalpha agonists in the improvement of oxidative metabolism in muscle. ..
- Lois S, Blanco N, Martínez Balbás M, de la Cruz X. The functional modulation of epigenetic regulators by alternative splicing. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:252 pubmed..Considering that the latter control the transcriptional state of large sets of genes, we propose that epigenetic regulation of gene expression is itself strongly regulated by alternative splicing. ..
- Barnadas M, Rubiales M, González M, Puig L, Garcia P, Baselga E, et al. Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and indirect immunofluorescence testing in a bullous pemphigoid and pemphigoid gestationis. Int J Dermatol. 2008;47:1245-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, ELISA appears to have greater sensitivity and specificity for BP or PG than does IIF testing. ..
- Balague O, Mozos A, Martinez D, Hernandez L, Colomo L, Mate J, et al. Activation of the endoplasmic reticulum stress-associated transcription factor x box-binding protein-1 occurs in a subset of normal germinal-center B cells and in aggressive B-cell lymphomas with prognostic implications. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:2337-46 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Xbp-1 activation may play a role in the pathogenesis of aggressive B-cell lymphomas. ..
- Taniguchi H, Jacinto F, Villanueva A, Fernandez A, Yamamoto H, Carmona F, et al. Silencing of Kruppel-like factor 2 by the histone methyltransferase EZH2 in human cancer. Oncogene. 2012;31:1988-94 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, the translation of the described results to human primary samples demonstrated that patients with prostate or breast tumors with low levels of KLF2 and high expression of EZH2 had a shorter overall survival. ..
- Hernández Ortega S, Bru S, Ricco N, Ramirez S, Casals N, Jimenez J, et al. Defective in mitotic arrest 1 (Dma1) ubiquitin ligase controls G1 cyclin degradation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:4704-14 pubmed publisher..This new previously unknown mechanism for G(1) cyclin degradation that we report here could help elucidate the specific roles of the redundant CDK-cyclin complexes in G(1). ..
- van Oevelen C, Kallin E, Graf T. Transcription factor-induced enhancer modulations during cell fate conversions. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2013;23:562-7 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss the questions of how ectopically expressed TFs access chromatin to modulate enhancers and establish a novel transcriptome during cell reprogramming, lineage conversions and differentiation. ..
- Cruz J, Bota Rabassedas N, Franch Marro X. FGF coordinates air sac development by activation of the EGF ligand Vein through the transcription factor PntP2. Sci Rep. 2015;5:17806 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results reveal a link between Bnl-FGF/Btl and EGFR signaling and provide novel insight into how the crosstalk of these pathways regulates migration and growth. ..
- Balsalobre C, Johansson J, Uhlin B. Cyclic AMP-dependent osmoregulation of crp gene expression in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:5935-44 pubmed..Our findings suggest that the fine-tuning of the CRP activity may be critical for bacterial viability and adaptability to changing osmotic conditions. ..
- Vaquero A, Espinás M, Azorin F, Bernues J. Functional mapping of the GAGA factor assigns its transcriptional activity to the C-terminal glutamine-rich domain. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19461-8 pubmed..Our results give support to the notion that GAGA can function as a transcription activating factor. ..
- Ferrer J. A genetic switch in pancreatic beta-cells: implications for differentiation and haploinsufficiency. Diabetes. 2002;51:2355-62 pubmed..Such a model can serve to rationalize key aspects of the pathogenic mechanism in MODY. ..
- Bellido M, Aventin A, Lasa A, Estivill C, Carnicer M, Pons C, et al. Id4 is deregulated by a t(6;14)(p22;q32) chromosomal translocation in a B-cell lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Haematologica. 2003;88:994-1001 pubmed..A genetic recombination between Alu-repeated sequences may not be the exclusive mechanism of generating pathogenic chromosomal translocations. ..
- Bellora N, Farré D, Albà M. Positional bias of general and tissue-specific regulatory motifs in mouse gene promoters. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:459 pubmed..Motif positional constraints define very distinct promoter architectures depending on breadth of expression and type of tissue. ..
- Abello G, Khatri S, Radosevic M, Scotting P, Giraldez F, Alsina B. Independent regulation of Sox3 and Lmx1b by FGF and BMP signaling influences the neurogenic and non-neurogenic domains in the chick otic placode. Dev Biol. 2010;339:166-78 pubmed publisher..non-neurogenic anteroposterior asymmetry that characterizes the early otic placode. ..
- Igea A, Mendez R. Meiosis requires a translational positive loop where CPEB1 ensues its replacement by CPEB4. EMBO J. 2010;29:2182-93 pubmed publisher..Altogether, this work defines a new element in the translational circuit that support an autonomous transition between the two meiotic divisions in the absence of DNA replication. ..
- Martín Ibáñez R, Crespo E, Esgleas M, Urbán N, Wang B, Waclaw R, et al. Helios transcription factor expression depends on Gsx2 and Dlx1&2 function in developing striatal matrix neurons. Stem Cells Dev. 2012;21:2239-51 pubmed publisher..An Ascl1-independent but Gsx2- & Dlx1/2-dependent precursor will express Helios defining a new lineage for a subset of matrix striatal neurons. ..
- Stanisavljevic J, Porta de la Riva M, Batlle R, De Herreros A, Baulida J. The p65 subunit of NF-?B and PARP1 assist Snail1 in activating fibronectin transcription. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:4161-71 pubmed publisher..The molecular cooperation between Snail1 and NF-?B in transcription activation provides a new insight into how Snail1 can modulate a variety of cell programs. ..
- Llaurado M, Majem B, Castellvi J, Cabrera S, Gil Moreno A, Reventos J, et al. Analysis of gene expression regulated by the ETV5 transcription factor in OV90 ovarian cancer cells identifies FOXM1 overexpression in ovarian cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:914-24 pubmed publisher..Moreover, FOXM1 expression levels increased with tumor grade, suggesting a role in the progression of ovarian cancer. ..
- Musri M, Parrizas M. Epigenetic regulation of adipogenesis. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care. 2012;15:342-9 pubmed publisher..Epigenetic marks and chromatin-modifying proteins contribute to adipogenesis and, through regulation of the phenotypic maintenance of the mature adipocytes, to the control of metabolism. ..
- Lloret Llinares M, Pérez Lluch S, Rossell D, Morán T, Ponsa Cobas J, Auer H, et al. dKDM5/LID regulates H3K4me3 dynamics at the transcription-start site (TSS) of actively transcribed developmental genes. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:9493-505 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that, at developmental genes, dKDM5/LID and ASH2 coordinately regulate H3K4me3 at TSS and that this dynamic regulation contributes to transcription. ..
- Loubat Casanovas J, PeÃ±a R, GonzÃ lez N, Alba CastellÃ³n L, Rosell S, FrancÃ C, et al. Snail1 is required for the maintenance of the pancreatic acinar phenotype. Oncotarget. 2016;7:4468-82 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that Snail1 is expressed in PMCs and plays a pivotal role in maintaining acinar cells within the pancreas in normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Pujadas G, Cervantes S, Tutusaus A, Ejarque M, Sanchez L, Garcia A, et al. Wnt9a deficiency discloses a repressive role of Tcf7l2 on endocrine differentiation in the embryonic pancreas. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19223 pubmed publisher..These findings highlight the notion that modulation of signalling cues by lineage-promoting factors is pivotal for controlling differentiation programs. ..
- Stuttmann J, Peine N, García A, Wagner C, Choudhury S, Wang Y, et al. Arabidopsis thaliana DM2h (R8) within the Landsberg RPP1-like Resistance Locus Underlies Three Different Cases of EDS1-Conditioned Autoimmunity. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005990 pubmed publisher..A further conclusion is that regulating the available EDS1 nuclear pool is fundamental for maintaining homeostatic control of TNL immune pathways. ..
- Llevadot R, Scambler P, Estivill X, Pritchard M. Genomic organization of TUPLE1/HIRA: a gene implicated in DiGeorge syndrome. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:911-4 pubmed
- Boj S, Parrizas M, Maestro M, Ferrer J. A transcription factor regulatory circuit in differentiated pancreatic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:14481-6 pubmed..Furthermore, they indicate that hnf1alpha is an essential component of a transcription factor circuit whose role may be to maintain differentiated functions of pancreatic cells. ..
- Yubero P, Hondares E, Carmona M, Rossell M, Gonzalez F, Iglesias R, et al. The developmental regulation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma coactivator-1alpha expression in the liver is partially dissociated from the control of gluconeogenesis and lipid catabolism. Endocrinology. 2004;145:4268-77 pubmed
- Minguillón J, Morancho B, Kim S, Lopez Botet M, Aramburu J. Concentrations of cyclosporin A and FK506 that inhibit IL-2 induction in human T cells do not affect TGF-beta1 biosynthesis, whereas higher doses of cyclosporin A trigger apoptosis and release of preformed TGF-beta1. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:748-58 pubmed..Our results indicate that CsA and FK506 are not general inducers of TGF-beta1 biosynthesis but can cause different effects on TGF-beta1 depending on the cell type and concentrations used. ..
- Monge M, Colas E, Doll A, Gonzalez M, Gil Moreno A, Planaguma J, et al. ERM/ETV5 up-regulation plays a role during myometrial infiltration through matrix metalloproteinase-2 activation in endometrial cancer. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6753-9 pubmed..They also postulate ERM/ETV5 as a valuable marker for patient stratification and a transcription pathway that should be evaluated for therapies specifically targeting the initial steps of EEC dissemination. ..
- Rodriguez Leon J, Rodriguez Esteban C, Marti M, Santiago Josefat B, Dubova I, Rubiralta X, et al. Pitx2 regulates gonad morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:11242-7 pubmed publisher..All together our observations indicate that the effects elicited by Pitx2 during the development of the female chick ovary are critical for cell topology, growth, fate, and ultimately organ morphogenesis and function. ..
- Palomer X, Alvarez Guardia D, Rodríguez Calvo R, Coll T, Laguna J, Davidson M, et al. TNF-alpha reduces PGC-1alpha expression through NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK leading to increased glucose oxidation in a human cardiac cell model. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;81:703-12 pubmed publisher..These results point to PGC-1alpha downregulation as a potential contributor to cardiac dysfunction and heart failure in metabolic disorders with an inflammatory background. ..
- Acosta S, Lavarino C, Paris R, Garcia I, de Torres C, Rodriguez E, et al. Comprehensive characterization of neuroblastoma cell line subtypes reveals bilineage potential similar to neural crest stem cells. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:12 pubmed publisher..Histologically, NBT are composed by neuroblasts and Schwannian cells. In culture, neuroblastic (N-), substrate-adherent (S-) and intermediate phenotype (I-) cell subtypes arise spontaneously...