Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Sanz E, Quintana A, Battaglia V, Toninello A, Hidalgo J, Ambrosio S, et al. Anti-apoptotic effect of Mao-B inhibitor PF9601N [N-(2-propynyl)-2-(5-benzyloxy-indolyl) methylamine] is mediated by p53 pathway inhibition in MPP+-treated SH-SY5Y human dopaminergic cells. J Neurochem. 2008;105:2404-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, PF9601N is a novel molecule with an apparently novel mechanism of action which has a promising potential as a therapeutic agent in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- Melgar Lesmes P, Tugues S, Ros J, Fernandez Varo G, Morales Ruiz M, Rodes J, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin-2 play a major role in the pathogenesis of vascular leakage in cirrhotic rats. Gut. 2009;58:285-92 pubmed publisher..Enhanced endothelial permeability is restricted to the hepatic and mesenteric vascular beds in cirrhotic rats with ascites and VEGF-A and Ang-2 are key factors in the signalling pathways regulating this dysfunction. ..
- Romero M, Vila R, Fernandez Lopez J, Esteve M, Alemany M. Influence of oleoyl-estrone treatment on circulating testosterone. Role of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase isoenzymes. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009;60:181-90 pubmed..In consequence, we can assume that OE effects on androgens, and the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis are limited to testicles. ..
- Fourcade S, Ruiz M, Guilera C, Hahnen E, Brichta L, Naudi A, et al. Valproic acid induces antioxidant effects in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2010;19:2005-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, we propose VPA as a promising novel therapeutic approach that warrants further clinical investigation in X-ALD...
- Mejias M, Garcia Pras E, Gallego J, Mendez R, Bosch J, Fernandez M. Relevance of the mTOR signaling pathway in the pathophysiology of splenomegaly in rats with chronic portal hypertension. J Hepatol. 2010;52:529-39 pubmed publisher..This study characterizes the pathogenetic mechanisms leading to spleen enlargement in portal hypertensive rats and focuses on mTOR pathway as a potential modulator of splenomegaly in portal hypertension...
- Huber Ruano I, Pinilla Macua I, Torres G, Casado F, Pastor Anglada M. Link between high-affinity adenosine concentrative nucleoside transporter-2 (CNT2) and energy metabolism in intestinal and liver parenchymal cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;225:620-30 pubmed publisher..These findings support the theory that CNT2 plays roles other than salvage and establishes links with energy metabolism. ..
- Sánchez E, Francés R, Soriano G, Mirelis B, Sancho F, González Navajas J, et al. Modulation of inflammatory response in a cirrhotic rat model with induced bacterial peritonitis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59692 pubmed publisher..Additional studies including more animals are required to assess if the association of antibiotic therapy and TNF-? blockade might be a possible approach to reduce mortality in cirrhotic patients with bacterial peritonitis. ..
- Seras Franzoso J, SÃ¡nchez Chardi A, Garcia FruitÃ³s E, VÃ¡zquez E, Villaverde A. Cellular uptake and intracellular fate of protein releasing bacterial amyloids in mammalian cells. Soft Matter. 2016;12:3451-60 pubmed publisher..The mechanisms supporting the internalization of disintegrable protein nanoparticles revealed here offer clues to implement novel approaches for protein drug delivery based on controlled protein packaging as bacterial IBs. ..
- Valverde M, Rojas P, Amigo J, Cosmelli D, Orio P, Bahamonde M, et al. Acute activation of Maxi-K channels (hSlo) by estradiol binding to the beta subunit. Science. 1999;285:1929-31 pubmed..This study documents the direct interaction of a hormone with a voltage-gated channel subunit and provides the molecular mechanism for the modulation of vascular smooth muscle Maxi-K channels by estrogens. ..
- Martin Ruiz R, Puig M, Celada P, Shapiro D, Roth B, Mengod G, et al. Control of serotonergic function in medial prefrontal cortex by serotonin-2A receptors through a glutamate-dependent mechanism. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9856-66 pubmed..Because pyramidal neurons coexpress 5-HT(1A) and 5-HT(2A) receptors, DOI disrupts the balance between excitatory and inhibitory inputs and leads to an increased activity that may mediate its hallucinogenic action. ..
- Martín García E, Pallares M. The intrahippocampal administration of the neurosteroid allopregnanolone blocks the audiogenic seizures induced by nicotine. Brain Res. 2005;1062:144-50 pubmed
- Solà Villà D, Camacho M, Sola R, Soler M, Diaz J, Vila L. IL-1beta induces VEGF, independently of PGE2 induction, mainly through the PI3-K/mTOR pathway in renal mesangial cells. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1935-41 pubmed..Rapamycin also decreased glomerular VEGF levels in the anti-Thy1.1 model of experimental glomerulonephritis. In conclusion, the PI3-K-mTOR pathway seems to be essential in cytokine-induced release of VEGF in mesangial cells. ..
- Graus F, Saiz A, Lai M, Bruna J, Lopez F, Sabater L, et al. Neuronal surface antigen antibodies in limbic encephalitis: clinical-immunologic associations. Neurology. 2008;71:930-6 pubmed publisher..To report the frequency and type of antibodies against neuronal surface antigens (NSA-ab) in limbic encephalitis (LE)...
- Martin A, Rojas S, Pérez Asensio F, Planas A. Transient benefits but lack of protection by sodium pyruvate after 2-hour middle cerebral artery occlusion in the rat. Brain Res. 2009;1272:45-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, under the present experimental conditions, systemic administration of sodium pyruvate at 3 h after the beginning of ischemia exerted only a transient benefit but not a persistent protection against brain damage. ..
- Moreno E, Vaz S, Cai N, Ferrada C, Quiroz C, Barodia S, et al. Dopamine-galanin receptor heteromers modulate cholinergic neurotransmission in the rat ventral hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2011;31:7412-23 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results strongly suggest that D(1)-like-Gal(1) receptor heteromers act as processors that integrate signals of two different neurotransmitters, dopamine and galanin, to modulate hippocampal cholinergic neurotransmission. ..
- Lladó Pelfort L, Santana N, Ghisi V, Artigas F, Celada P. 5-HT1A receptor agonists enhance pyramidal cell firing in prefrontal cortex through a preferential action on GABA interneurons. Cereb Cortex. 2012;22:1487-97 pubmed publisher..This results in pyramidal disinhibition and subsequent downstream excitations of subcortical structures reciprocally connected with PFC, such as midbrain dopaminergic neurons. ..
- Chimenti L, Luque T, Bonsignore M, Ramirez J, Navajas D, Farre R. Pre-treatment with mesenchymal stem cells reduces ventilator-induced lung injury. Eur Respir J. 2012;40:939-48 pubmed..All these indices of VILI moved significantly towards normalisation in the rats treated with MSCs, whether intravenously or intratracheally. Both local and systemic pre-treatment with MSCs reduced VILI in a rat model. ..
- Gómez L, Garrabou X, Joglar J, Bujons J, Parella T, Vilaplana C, et al. Chemoenzymatic synthesis, structural study and biological activity of novel indolizidine and quinolizidine iminocyclitols. Org Biomol Chem. 2012;10:6309-21 pubmed publisher..In spite of their activity against ?-L-rhamnosidase, all the compounds were ineffective to inhibit the growth of the Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the causative agent of tuberculosis. ..
- Jardí F, Martinez V, Vergara P. NGF is involved in oral ovalbumin-induced altered colonic contractility in rats: evidence from the blockade of TrkA receptors with K252a. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2012;24:e580-90 pubmed publisher..NGF-TrkA system might represent a potential target for treatment of gastrointestinal disorders characterized by colonic motor alterations. ..
- RodrÃguez L, Panadero M, Roglans N, Otero P, Rodrigo S, Ãlvarez MillÃ¡n J, et al. Fructose only in pregnancy provokes hyperinsulinemia, hypoadiponectinemia, and impaired insulin signaling in adult male, but not female, progeny. Eur J Nutr. 2016;55:665-674 pubmed publisher..Maternal fructose, but not glucose, intake confined to the prenatal stage provokes impaired insulin signal transduction, hyperinsulinemia, and hypoadiponectinemia in adult male, but not female, progeny. ..
- Camps Bossacoma M, Abril Gil M, Saldaña Ruíz S, Franch A, Perez Cano F, Castell M. Cocoa Diet Prevents Antibody Synthesis and Modifies Lymph Node Composition and Functionality in a Rat Oral Sensitization Model. Nutrients. 2016;8:242 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the cocoa diet induced tolerance in an oral sensitization model accompanied by changes in MLN that could contribute to this effect, suggesting its potential implication in the prevention of food allergies. ..
- Calvo M, Pol A, Lu A, Ortega D, Pons M, Blasi J, et al. Cellubrevin is present in the basolateral endocytic compartment of hepatocytes and follows the transcytotic pathway after IgA internalization. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:7910-7 pubmed
- Marco S, Canudas A, Canals J, Gavalda N, Pérez Navarro E, Alberch J. Excitatory amino acids differentially regulate the expression of GDNF, neurturin, and their receptors in the adult rat striatum. Exp Neurol. 2002;174:243-52 pubmed..These changes in mRNA levels and protein localization of GDNF family components could reflect an endogenous trophic response of striatal cells to different excitotoxic insults. ..
- Coma M, Vicente R, Tsevi I, Grande M, Tamkun M, Felipe A. Different Kv2.1/Kv9.3 heteromer expression during brain and lung post-natal development in the rat. J Physiol Biochem. 2002;58:195-203 pubmed..3/Kv2.1 ratios could have physiological implications in both organs during post-natal development, and that diet composition and selective tissue-specific insulin regulation modulate the expression of Kv2.1 and Kv9.3. ..
- Miñano A, Caballero Benítez A, Lluch M, Moran J, Rodriguez Alvarez J. C2-ceramide mediates cerebellar granule cells apoptosis by activation of caspases-2, -9, and -3. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:1734-47 pubmed publisher..PARP proteolysis was also observed after caspase-3 and -2 activation. The involvement of caspases-9, -3, and -2 in ceramide-mediated apoptotic death of CGC was further supported by the use of specific inhibitors. ..
- Solanas M, Moral R, Garcia G, Grau L, Vela E, Escrich R, et al. Differential expression of H19 and vitamin D3 upregulated protein 1 as a mechanism of the modulatory effects of high virgin olive oil and high corn oil diets on experimental mammary tumours. Eur J Cancer Prev. 2009;18:153-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the differential effects of high olive oil and high corn oil diets on mammary cancer are exerted by means of a different, specific influence on gene expression. ..
- Genove E, Schmitmeier S, Sala A, Borros S, Bader A, Griffith L, et al. Functionalized self-assembling peptide hydrogel enhance maintenance of hepatocyte activity in vitro. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:3387-97 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the use of a synthetic culture system with designed matrix functionalization has the advantage in controlling specific cellular responses. ..
- Casañas A, Querol Audi J, Guerra P, Pous J, Tanaka H, Tsukihara T, et al. New features of vault architecture and dynamics revealed by novel refinement using the deformable elastic network approach. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013;69:1054-61 pubmed publisher..These results reflect the highly dynamic nature of the vault structure and represent a necessary step towards a better understanding of the biology and regulation of this particle. ..
- Sarrió S, Casado V, Escriche M, Ciruela F, Mallol J, Canela E, et al. The heat shock cognate protein hsc73 assembles with A(1) adenosine receptors to form functional modules in the cell membrane. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5164-74 pubmed..These results open the interesting possibility that signaling via G protein-coupled receptors may be regulated by heat shock proteins. ..
- Gines S, Hillion J, Torvinen M, Le Crom S, Casado V, Canela E, et al. Dopamine D1 and adenosine A1 receptors form functionally interacting heteromeric complexes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:8606-11 pubmed
- Callejo J, Vilaseca S, Ordi J, Cabré S, Lailla J, Balasch J. Heterotopic ovarian transplantation without vascular pedicle in syngeneic Lewis rats: long-term evaluation of effects on ovarian structure and function. Fertil Steril. 2002;77:396-402 pubmed..Heterotopic ovarian transplantation without vascular pedicle in rats is characterized by follicular hyperplasia endocrinologically functional, followed by progressive loss of follicles in heterotopic ovarian autografts. ..
- Saura J, Pares M, Bove J, Pezzi S, Alberch J, Marin C, et al. Intranigral infusion of interleukin-1beta activates astrocytes and protects from subsequent 6-hydroxydopamine neurotoxicity. J Neurochem. 2003;85:651-61 pubmed..These data show the characterization of a novel model of local astroglial activation in the substantia nigra and support the hypothesis of a neuroprotective role of activated astrocytes in Parkinson's disease. ..
- Coll O, Colell A, Garcia Ruiz C, Kaplowitz N, Fernandez Checa J. Sensitivity of the 2-oxoglutarate carrier to alcohol intake contributes to mitochondrial glutathione depletion. Hepatology. 2003;38:692-702 pubmed..In conclusion, these findings provide unequivocal evidence for 2-oxoglutarate as a GSH carrier and its sensitivity to membrane dynamics perturbation contributes in part to the alcohol-induced mGSH depletion. ..
- Tirado O, Selva D, Toran N, Suárez Quian C, Jansen M, McDonnell D, et al. Increased expression of estrogen receptor beta in pachytene spermatocytes after short-term methoxyacetic acid administration. J Androl. 2004;25:84-94 pubmed..Whether MAA interacts with ERbeta in the cytoplasm of primary spermatocytes, preventing the progression of the first meiotic division, however, remains to be determined. ..
- Busquets S, Figueras M, Fuster G, Almendro V, Moore Carrasco R, Ametller E, et al. Anticachectic effects of formoterol: a drug for potential treatment of muscle wasting. Cancer Res. 2004;64:6725-31 pubmed
- Medina M, Ledesma M, Domínguez J, Medina M, Zafra D, Alameda F, et al. Tissue plasminogen activator mediates amyloid-induced neurotoxicity via Erk1/2 activation. EMBO J. 2005;24:1706-16 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of an intracellular pathway by which tPA triggers kinase activation, tau phosphorylation and neurotoxicity, suggesting a key role for this molecule in AD pathology. ..
- Claret M, Corominola H, Canals I, Saura J, Barceló Batllori S, Guinovart J, et al. Tungstate decreases weight gain and adiposity in obese rats through increased thermogenesis and lipid oxidation. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4362-9 pubmed..Furthermore, treatment increased the number of small adipocytes with a concomitant induction of apoptosis. Our results indicate that tungstate treatment may provide the basis for a promising novel therapy for obesity...
- Aymerich I, Foufelle F, Ferre P, Casado F, Pastor Anglada M. Extracellular adenosine activates AMP-dependent protein kinase (AMPK). J Cell Sci. 2006;119:1612-21 pubmed..Adenosine must be transported and phosphorylated to exert its action. Thus, nucleoside transporters might be novel players in the complex regulation of AMPK and energy metabolism. ..
- Camara Y, Duval C, Sibille B, Villarroya F. Activation of mitochondrial-driven apoptosis in skeletal muscle cells is not mediated by reactive oxygen species production. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;39:146-60 pubmed
- Villapol S, Acarin L, Faiz M, Castellano B, Gonzalez B. Survivin and heat shock protein 25/27 colocalize with cleaved caspase-3 in surviving reactive astrocytes following excitotoxicity to the immature brain. Neuroscience. 2008;153:108-19 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that primarily survivin and Hsp25/27 may participate in the inhibition of cleaved caspase-3 in reactive astrocytes and may be involved in protecting astrocytes after injury. ..
- Gonzalez A, Garcia T, Samper E, Rickmann M, Vaquero E, Molero X. Assessment of the protective effects of oral tocotrienols in arginine chronic-like pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;301:G846-55 pubmed publisher..TRF administered only before pancreatitis best, but not fully, recapitulated the beneficial effects of TRF. Tocotrienols improve quantitative measures of chronic pancreatic damage. They may be of benefit in human chronic pancreatitis. ..
- Gonzalez P, Peluffo H, Acarin L, Villaverde A, Gonzalez B, Castellano B. Interleukin-10 overexpression does not synergize with the neuroprotective action of RGD-containing vectors after postnatal brain excitotoxicity but modulates the main inflammatory cell responses. J Neurosci Res. 2012;90:143-59 pubmed publisher
- Ruiz Meana M, Inserte J, Fernandez Sanz C, Hernando V, Miro Casas E, Barba I, et al. The role of mitochondrial permeability transition in reperfusion-induced cardiomyocyte death depends on the duration of ischemia. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:1259-68 pubmed publisher..82.8 ± 3.6%, P < 0.01). In conclusion, the duration of ischemia critically determines the importance of MPT on reperfusion injury. Mechanisms other than MPT may play an important role in cell death after less severe ischemia. ..
- de Mas I, Selivanov V, Marin S, Roca J, Oresic M, Agius L, et al. Compartmentation of glycogen metabolism revealed from 13C isotopologue distributions. BMC Syst Biol. 2011;5:175 pubmed publisher..In contrast, the observed distribution indicates the presence of a separate pool of hexose phosphates that is channeled towards glycogen synthesis. ..
- Pasarín M, La Mura V, Gracia Sancho J, García Calderó H, Rodriguez Vilarrupla A, Garcia Pagan J, et al. Sinusoidal endothelial dysfunction precedes inflammation and fibrosis in a model of NAFLD. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32785 pubmed publisher..In summary, we demonstrate in a rat model of the metabolic syndrome that shows features of NAFLD, that liver endothelial dysfunction occurs before the development of fibrosis or inflammation. ..
- Zaouali M, Bardag Gorce F, Carbonell T, Oliva J, Pantazi E, Bejaoui M, et al. Proteasome inhibitors protect the steatotic and non-steatotic liver graft against cold ischemia reperfusion injury. Exp Mol Pathol. 2013;94:352-9 pubmed publisher..The benefits of BRZ are more effective than those of MG132. This evidenced for the first time the potential use of UPS inhibitors for the preservation of marginal liver grafts and for future applications in the prevention of IRI. ..
- La Torre A, Del Mar Masdeu M, Cotrufo T, Moubarak R, Del Rio J, Comella J, et al. A role for the tyrosine kinase ACK1 in neurotrophin signaling and neuronal extension and branching. Cell Death Dis. 2013;4:e602 pubmed publisher..Our results identify Ack1 as a novel regulator of neurotrophin-mediated events in primary neurons and in PC12 cells. ..
- Martinez Cutillas M, Gil V, Gallego D, Mane N, Martin M, Jimenez M. Mechanisms of action of otilonium bromide (OB) in human cultured smooth muscle cells and rat colonic strips. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2013;25:e803-12 pubmed publisher..7 ?M; CaCl2 : EC50 = 17.5 ?M). Otilonium bromide causes inhibition of L-/T-type calcium channels, muscarinic, and tachykininergic responses that acting together explain the pharmacological properties of the compound. ..
- Cuenya L, Sabariego M, Donaire R, Callejas Aguilera J, Torres C, FernÃ¡ndez Teruel A. Exploration of a novel object in late adolescence predicts novelty-seeking behavior in adulthood: Associations among behavioral responses in four novelty-seeking tests. Behav Processes. 2016;125:34-42 pubmed publisher..Present results show consistent behavioral associations across four novelty-seeking tests and suggest that late adolescent novelty seeking predicts this genetically-influenced temperamental trait in adult Roman rats. ..
- Abu El Asrar A, Struyf S, Mohammad G, Gouwy M, Rytinx P, Siddiquei M, et al. Osteoprotegerin Is a New Regulator of Inflammation and Angiogenesis in Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:3189-3201 pubmed publisher..Osteoprotegerin potentiated the angiogenic effect of VEGF in the in vivo protein gelatin plug assay. These results suggest that OPG is involved in PDR angiogenesis. ..
- Graus F, Ferrer I. Analysis of a neuronal antigen (Hu) expression in the developing rat brain detected by autoantibodies from patients with paraneoplastic encephalomyelitis. Neurosci Lett. 1990;112:14-8 pubmed..Although the Hu is also expressed by neural cells other than neurons, the strongest staining of mature neurons could indicate that Hu plays a role in the process of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Colell A, Coll O, Garcia Ruiz C, Paris R, Tiribelli C, Kaplowitz N, et al. Tauroursodeoxycholic acid protects hepatocytes from ethanol-fed rats against tumor necrosis factor-induced cell death by replenishing mitochondrial glutathione. Hepatology. 2001;34:964-71 pubmed..Thus, these findings reveal a novel role of TUDCA in protecting hepatocytes in long-term ethanol-fed rats through modulation of mitochondrial membrane fluidity and subsequent normalization of mitochondrial GSH levels. ..
- Redolar Ripoll D, Aldavert Vera L, Soriano Mas C, Segura Torres P, Morgado Bernal I. Intracranial self-stimulation facilitates memory consolidation, but not retrieval: its effects are more effective than increased training. Behav Brain Res. 2002;129:65-75 pubmed..This findings confirm that ICSS treatment improves memory consolidation and suggest that it might not affect memory retrieval mechanisms. ..
- Fernandez Varo G, Ros J, Morales Ruiz M, Cejudo Martin P, Arroyo V, Sole M, et al. Nitric oxide synthase 3-dependent vascular remodeling and circulatory dysfunction in cirrhosis. Am J Pathol. 2003;162:1985-93 pubmed..Therefore, vascular remodeling in cirrhosis with ascites is a generalized process with significant functional consequences that can be negatively modulated by long-term inhibition of NOS activity. ..
- Sos Hinojosa H, Guillazo Blanch G, Vale Martínez A, Nadal R, Morgado Bernal I, Martí Nicolovius M. Parafascicular electrical stimulation attenuates nucleus basalis magnocellularis lesion-induced active avoidance retention deficit. Behav Brain Res. 2003;144:37-48 pubmed..These results are discussed in relation to the interaction of arousal systems in the modulation of cognitive processes. ..
- Graupera M, García Pagán J, Pares M, Abraldes J, Rosello J, Bosch J, et al. Cyclooxygenase-1 inhibition corrects endothelial dysfunction in cirrhotic rat livers. J Hepatol. 2003;39:515-21 pubmed..An increased production of TXA(2) is involved in the pathogenesis of endothelial dysfunction in cirrhotic rat livers. This is mainly mediated by COX-1, but not by COX-2. ..
- Vallès A, Martí O, Armario A. Long-term effects of a single exposure to immobilization: a c-fos mRNA study of the response to the homotypic stressor in the rat brain. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:591-602 pubmed
- Ruiz Meana M, Garcia Dorado D, Miro Casas E, Abellan A, Soler Soler J. Mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake during simulated ischemia does not affect permeability transition pore opening upon simulated reperfusion. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;71:715-24 pubmed..We investigated the ability of mitochondria to uptake Ca2+ during simulated ischemia (SI) and whether this uptake determines PTP opening and cell death upon simulated reperfusion (SR)...
- Busquets S, Fuster G, Ametller E, Olivan M, Figueras M, Costelli P, et al. Resveratrol does not ameliorate muscle wasting in different types of cancer cachexia models. Clin Nutr. 2007;26:239-44 pubmed..We decided to investigate the potential anti-wasting properties of resveratrol on different models of cancer cachexia in experimental animals...
- Murillo M, Carmona Cuenca I, del Castillo G, Ortiz C, Roncero C, Sánchez A, et al. Activation of NADPH oxidase by transforming growth factor-beta in hepatocytes mediates up-regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor ligands through a nuclear factor-kappaB-dependent mechanism. Biochem J. 2007;405:251-9 pubmed
- Penas C, Guzmán M, Verdú E, Forés J, Navarro X, Casas C. Spinal cord injury induces endoplasmic reticulum stress with different cell-type dependent response. J Neurochem. 2007;102:1242-55 pubmed..Considering the pro-apoptotic action attributed to this transcription factor, this phenomenon might account for the different susceptibility of cell types to dye after SCI. ..
- Franco Gou R, Mosbah I, Serafin A, Abdennebi H, Rosello Catafau J, Peralta C. New preservation strategies for preventing liver grafts against cold ischemia reperfusion injury. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:1120-6 pubmed..The UW-PEG solution, while retaining all the advantages of UW solution, improved hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury associated with liver transplantation. ..
- Fernandez M, Mejias M, Garcia Pras E, Mendez R, Garcia Pagan J, Bosch J. Reversal of portal hypertension and hyperdynamic splanchnic circulation by combined vascular endothelial growth factor and platelet-derived growth factor blockade in rats. Hepatology. 2007;46:1208-17 pubmed..Importantly, these findings also suggest that an extended antiangiogenic strategy (that is, targeting VEGF/endothelium and PDGF/pericytes) may be a novel approach to the treatment of portal hypertension. ..
- Salas A, Noe V, Ciudad C, Romero M, Remesar X, Esteve M. Short-term oleoyl-estrone treatment affects capacity to manage lipids in rat adipose tissue. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:292 pubmed..Short-term treatment with OE affects adipose tissue capacity to extract fatty acids from lipoproteins and to deal with fatty acid transport and metabolism. ..
- Villalonga N, Martínez Mármol R, Roura Ferrer M, David M, Valenzuela C, Soler C, et al. Cell cycle-dependent expression of Kv1.5 is involved in myoblast proliferation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1783:728-36 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that the cell cycle-dependent expression of Kv1.5 is involved in skeletal muscle cell proliferation. ..
- Celada P, Puig M, Díaz Mataix L, Artigas F. The hallucinogen DOI reduces low-frequency oscillations in rat prefrontal cortex: reversal by antipsychotic drugs. Biol Psychiatry. 2008;64:392-400 pubmed publisher..These effects may underlie DOI's psychotomimetic action. The reversal by clozapine and haloperidol indicates that antipsychotic drugs may reduce psychotic symptoms by normalizing an altered PFC function. ..
- Canals I, Carmona M, Amigó M, Barbera A, Bortolozzi A, Artigas F, et al. A functional leptin system is essential for sodium tungstate antiobesity action. Endocrinology. 2009;150:642-50 pubmed publisher..In summary, the results indicate that the effectiveness of tungstate in reducing body weight gain is completely dependent on a functional leptin system...
- Carballo Márquez A, Vale Martínez A, Guillazo Blanch G, Martí Nicolovius M. Muscarinic receptor blockade in ventral hippocampus and prelimbic cortex impairs memory for socially transmitted food preference. Hippocampus. 2009;19:446-55 pubmed publisher..Such data suggest a possible differential role of muscarinic receptors in the PLC and the vHPC in the initial consolidation of a naturalistic form of nonspatial relational memory. ..
- Vázquez Borsetti P, Cortes R, Artigas F. Pyramidal neurons in rat prefrontal cortex projecting to ventral tegmental area and dorsal raphe nucleus express 5-HT2A receptors. Cereb Cortex. 2009;19:1678-86 pubmed publisher..Atypical antipsychotics may distally modulate monoaminergic cells through PFC 5-HT(2A) receptor blockade, presumably decreasing the activity of neurons receiving direct cortical inputs. ..
- Canela L, Fernández Dueñas V, Albergaria C, Watanabe M, Lluis C, Mallol J, et al. The association of metabotropic glutamate receptor type 5 with the neuronal Ca2+-binding protein 2 modulates receptor function. J Neurochem. 2009;111:555-67 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings indicate that NECAB2 by its physical interaction with mGlu(5b) receptor modulates receptor function. ..
- Scorza M, Lladó Pelfort L, Oller S, Cortes R, Puigdemont D, Portella M, et al. Preclinical and clinical characterization of the selective 5-HT(1A) receptor antagonist DU-125530 for antidepressant treatment. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;167:1021-34 pubmed publisher..DU-125530 is an excellent pre- and post-synaptic 5-HT(1A) receptor antagonist. However, blockade of post-synaptic 5- HT(1A) receptors by DU-125530 cancels benefits obtained by enhancing pre-synaptic 5-hydroxytryptaminergic function. ..
- Lichtenstein M, Madrigal J, Pujol A, Galea E. JNK/ERK/FAK mediate promigratory actions of basic fibroblast growth factor in astrocytes via CCL2 and COX2. Neurosignals. 2012;20:86-102 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the signaling network triggered by FGF2 in astrocytes converged into accelerating directed motion. It follows that astrocyte migration to injury sites may be a key factor in the repair mechanisms orchestrated by FGF2. ..
- Garrigós C, Murillo O, Lora Tamayo J, Verdaguer R, Tubau F, Cabellos C, et al. Fosfomycin-daptomycin and other fosfomycin combinations as alternative therapies in experimental foreign-body infection by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2013;57:606-10 pubmed publisher..Fosfomycin combinations with high doses of daptomycin and rifampin were efficacious alternative therapies in this setting. Fosfomycin-imipenem was relatively ineffective and did not protect against resistance. ..
- Aguilera M, Vergara P, Martinez V. Environment-related adaptive changes of gut commensal microbiota do not alter colonic toll-like receptors but modulate the local expression of sensory-related systems in rats. Microb Ecol. 2013;66:232-43 pubmed publisher..This suggests an interaction between GCM and visceral sensory mechanisms, which might be part of the mechanisms underlying the beneficial effects of some bacterial groups on functional and inflammatory gastrointestinal disorders. ..
- Soria G, Tudela R, Marquez Martin A, Camon L, Batalle D, Munoz Moreno E, et al. The ins and outs of the BCCAo model for chronic hypoperfusion: a multimodal and longitudinal MRI approach. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74631 pubmed publisher..In summary, BCCAo in rats induces specific signatures in multimodal MRI that are compatible with various types of histological lesion and with marked adaptive arteriogenesis. ..
- Zhao Z, Espanol M, Guillem Marti J, Kempf D, Diez Escudero A, Ginebra M. Ion-doping as a strategy to modulate hydroxyapatite nanoparticle internalization. Nanoscale. 2016;8:1595-607 pubmed publisher..The results also suggest that NP surface charge had a large impact on MG-63 cells and prevents their internalization if it is too negative-this effect was less critical for rMSCs. ..
- Valdes R, Casado F, Pastor Anglada M. Cell-cycle-dependent regulation of CNT1, a concentrative nucleoside transporter involved in the uptake of cell-cycle-dependent nucleoside-derived anticancer drugs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:575-9 pubmed..These data indicate that CNT1 adapts to cell-cycle progression and responds to nucleos(t)ide metabolism status, a feature that might contribute to the cytotoxic action of cell-cycle-dependent anticancer drugs. ..
- Ramonet D, Rodriguez M, Fredriksson K, Bernal F, Mahy N. In vivo neuroprotective adaptation of the glutamate/glutamine cycle to neuronal death. Hippocampus. 2004;14:586-94 pubmed
- Martínez S, Lázaro Diéguez F, Selva J, Calvo F, Piqueras J, Crespo P, et al. Lysophosphatidic acid rescues RhoA activation and phosphoinositides levels in astrocytes exposed to ethanol. J Neurochem. 2007;102:1044-52 pubmed..Overall, our results indicate that the harmful effects of chronic exposure to ethanol on a variety of actin dynamics-associated cellular events are primarily because of alterations of activated RhoA and phosphoinositides pools. ..
- Kargieman L, Santana N, Mengod G, Celada P, Artigas F. NMDA antagonist and antipsychotic actions in cortico-subcortical circuits. Neurotox Res. 2008;14:129-40 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that PCP induces a marked disruption of the network activity in PFC and that antipsychotic drugs may partly exert their therapeutic effect by normalizing hyperactive cortico-thalamocortical circuits. ..
- Sáez Torres I, Espejo C, Perez J, Acarin N, Montalban X, Martínez Cáceres E. Peptide T does not ameliorate experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE) in Lewis rats. Clin Exp Immunol. 2000;121:151-6 pubmed..Lymph node cell proliferation and IL-4 and interferon-gamma production were also studied. We conclude that peptide T neither prevents nor ameliorates EAE in Lewis rats. ..