Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphoprotein phosphatase in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Topic: phosphoprotein phosphatase
- Legnaioli T, Cuevas J, Mas P. TOC1 functions as a molecular switch connecting the circadian clock with plant responses to drought. EMBO J. 2009;28:3745-57 pubmed publisher..Genetic studies with TOC1 and ABAR over-expressing and RNAi plants showed defective responses to drought, which support the notion that clock-dependent gating of ABA function is important for cellular homeostasis under dry environments. ..
- Alvarez Errico D, Sayos J, Lopez Botet M. The IREM-1 (CD300f) inhibitory receptor associates with the p85alpha subunit of phosphoinositide 3-kinase. J Immunol. 2007;178:808-16 pubmed..e., wortmannin and LY-294002). Altogether, these data reveal a putative functional duality of the IREM-1 myeloid cell receptor. ..
- Ruiz A, Yenush L, Arino J. Regulation of ENA1 Na(+)-ATPase gene expression by the Ppz1 protein phosphatase is mediated by the calcineurin pathway. Eukaryot Cell. 2003;2:937-48 pubmed..In conclusion, we have identified a novel role for calcineurin, but not alkalinization, in the control of ENA1 expression in ppz1 mutants. ..
- Lerin C, Montell E, Nolasco T, Clark C, Brady M, Newgard C, et al. Regulation and function of the muscle glycogen-targeting subunit of protein phosphatase 1 (GM) in human muscle cells depends on the COOH-terminal region and glycogen content. Diabetes. 2003;52:2221-6 pubmed..The conditional loss of function of the COOH-terminal deleted G(M) construct may help to explain the reported association of truncation mutation of G(M) with insulin resistance in human subjects. ..
- de Nadal E, Calero F, Ramos J, Arino J. Biochemical and genetic analyses of the role of yeast casein kinase 2 in salt tolerance. J Bacteriol. 1999;181:6456-62 pubmed..The possible causes for the salt sensitivity phenotype of casein kinase mutants are discussed in the light of these findings. ..
- Clotet J, Gari E, Aldea M, Arino J. The yeast ser/thr phosphatases sit4 and ppz1 play opposite roles in regulation of the cell cycle. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:2408-15 pubmed
- Alvarez Errico D, Aguilar H, Kitzig F, Brckalo T, Sayos J, Lopez Botet M. IREM-1 is a novel inhibitory receptor expressed by myeloid cells. Eur J Immunol. 2004;34:3690-701 pubmed..Finally, cross-linking of IREM-1 results in the inhibition of FcRepsilon-induced activation. Our results indicate that IREM-1 is a novel inhibitory receptor of the Ig superfamily in myeloid cells. ..
- Ruiz A, González A, García Salcedo R, Ramos J, Arino J. Role of protein phosphatases 2C on tolerance to lithium toxicity in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Microbiol. 2006;62:263-77 pubmed..These results indicate that Ptc1p modulates the function of Ena1p by regulating the Hal3/Ppz1,2 pathway. In conclusion, overexpression of PTC3 and lack of PTC1 affect lithium tolerance in yeast, although through different mechanisms. ..
- González A, Ruiz A, Casamayor A, Arino J. Normal function of the yeast TOR pathway requires the type 2C protein phosphatase Ptc1. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2876-88 pubmed publisher..All of these results provide the first evidence showing that a type 2C protein phosphatase is required for the normal functioning of the TOR pathway. ..
- Saavedra A, García Martínez J, Xifro X, Giralt A, Torres Peraza J, Canals J, et al. PH domain leucine-rich repeat protein phosphatase 1 contributes to maintain the activation of the PI3K/Akt pro-survival pathway in Huntington's disease striatum. Cell Death Differ. 2010;17:324-35 pubmed publisher..In the striatum, these reduced levels of PHLPP1 can contribute to maintain high levels of activated Akt that may delay cell death and allow the recovery of neuronal viability after mutant huntingtin silencing. ..
- Rodriguez Hernandez C, Guinovart J, Murguia J. Anti-diabetic and anti-obesity agent sodium tungstate enhances GCN pathway activation through Glc7p inhibition. FEBS Lett. 2012;586:270-6 pubmed publisher..Therefore tungstate alleviates nutrient stress in yeast by in vivo inhibition of Glc7p. These data uncover a potential role for tungstate in the treatment of PP1 and GCN related diseases. ..
- Vera J, Jaumot M, Estanyol J, Brun S, Agell N, Bachs O. Heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2 is a SET-binding protein and a PP2A inhibitor. Oncogene. 2006;25:260-70 pubmed..As hnRNPA2 is overexpressed in a variety of human tumors, our results suggest that hnRNPA2 might participate in oncogenesis by stimulating cell proliferation. ..
- Montori Grau M, Guitart M, Lerin C, Andreu A, Newgard C, Garcia Martinez C, et al. Expression and glycogenic effect of glycogen-targeting protein phosphatase 1 regulatory subunit GL in cultured human muscle. Biochem J. 2007;405:107-13 pubmed..G(L) activates GS regardless of glucose, does not regulate GP and stimulates glycogenesis in combination with insulin and glucose depletion. ..
- Bosch M, Baguna J, Serras F. Origin and proliferation of blastema cells during regeneration of Drosophila wing imaginal discs. Int J Dev Biol. 2008;52:1043-50 pubmed publisher..Finally, clonal analysis shows a close relationship between the size and shape of clones and disparities in the positional values of the apposed surfaces. ..
- Clotet J, Posas F, de Nadal E, Arino J. The NH2-terminal extension of protein phosphatase PPZ1 has an essential functional role. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26349-55 pubmed..These results indicates that the NH2-terminal half of the protein contains structural determinants that are specific for certain functions and that the phosphatase activity is required but not sufficient for full PPZ1 function. ..