Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on kinetics in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
- Buil M, Calbet M, Castillo M, Castro J, Esteve C, Ferrer M, et al. Structure-activity relationships (SAR) and structure-kinetic relationships (SKR) of sulphone-based CRTh2 antagonists. Eur J Med Chem. 2016;113:102-33 pubmed publisher..A methyl group in the northern part of the core, between the head and tail was a necessary requirement for the beginnings of long residence times. Variations of the tail substitution maximised potencies and residence times. ..
- Barhoumi N, Oturan N, Olvera Vargas H, Brillas E, Gadri A, Ammar S, et al. Pyrite as a sustainable catalyst in electro-Fenton process for improving oxidation of sulfamethazine. Kinetics, mechanism and toxicity assessment. Water Res. 2016;94:52-61 pubmed publisher..Toxicity assessment by means of Microtox method revealed the formation of some toxic intermediates during the treatment. However, toxicity of the solution was removed at the end of treatment. ..
- Clos M, Pera M, Ratia M, Roman S, Camps P, Muñoz Torrero D, et al. Effect of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors on AChE-induced PrP106-126 aggregation. J Mol Neurosci. 2006;30:89-90 pubmed
- Faijes M, Pérez X, Pérez O, Planas A. Glycosynthase activity of Bacillus licheniformis 1,3-1,4-beta-glucanase mutants: specificity, kinetics, and mechanism. Biochemistry. 2003;42:13304-18 pubmed
- Jimenez N, Vilches S, Lacasta A, Regue M, Merino S, Tomas J. A bifunctional enzyme in a single gene catalyzes the incorporation of GlcN into the Aeromonas core lipopolysaccharide. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:32995-3005 pubmed publisher..By contrast in Enterobacteriaceae containing GlcN in their outer core LPS the two reactions are performed by two different enzymes. ..
- Clausell A, Garcia Subirats M, Pujol M, Busquets M, Rabanal F, Cajal Y. Gram-negative outer and inner membrane models: insertion of cyclic cationic lipopeptides. J Phys Chem B. 2007;111:551-63 pubmed..Results indicate that cationic amphipathicity determines peptide activity. ..
- Clausell A, Busquets M, Pujol M, Alsina A, Cajal Y. Polymyxin B-lipid interactions in Langmuir-Blodgett monolayers of Escherichia coli lipids: a thermodynamic and atomic force microscopy study. Biopolymers. 2004;75:480-90 pubmed..These results are discussed in the light of the mechanism of action of PxB on the membrane of gram-negative bacteria. ..
- Zanuy D, Rodríguez Ropero F, Haspel N, Zheng J, Nussinov R, Aleman C. Stability of tubular structures based on beta-helical proteins: self-assembled versus polymerized nanoconstructs and wild-type versus mutated sequences. Biomacromolecules. 2007;8:3135-46 pubmed
- González Sistal A, Reigada D, Puchal R, Gomez De Aranda I, Elias M, Marsal J, et al. Ionic dependence of the velocity of release of ATP from permeabilized cholinergic synaptic vesicles. Neuroscience. 2007;149:251-5 pubmed..This was as expected given that the release of neurotransmitters is due to successive molecular steps of synaptic vesicle exocytosis. ..
- Jaumot J, Eritja R, Gargallo R. Chemical equilibria studies using multivariate analysis methods. Anal Bioanal Chem. 2011;399:1983-97 pubmed publisher..If any of these conditions is not fulfilled, a hybrid-modeling approach may be a better option because all the contributions (chemical and unknown) can be modeled and the ambiguities inherent to soft-modeling methods show minor effects. ..
- Planas C, Palacios O, Ventura F, Rivera J, Caixach J. Analysis of nitrosamines in water by automated SPE and isotope dilution GC/HRMS Occurrence in the different steps of a drinking water treatment plant, and in chlorinated samples from a reservoir and a sewage treatment plant effluent. Talanta. 2008;76:906-13 pubmed publisher..The highest concentrations of nitrosamines were found after chlorination and ozonation processes (ozonated, treated and highly chlorinated water) in DWTP samples. ..
- Arolas J, Castillo V, Bronsoms S, Aviles F, Ventura S. Designing out disulfide bonds of leech carboxypeptidase inhibitor: implications for its folding, stability and function. J Mol Biol. 2009;392:529-46 pubmed publisher..In this way, the findings reported provide a basis for the design of novel variants of the molecule with improved therapeutic properties. ..
- Gispert J, Antonijoan R, Barbanoj M, Gich I, Garcia E, Esbri R, et al. Efficacy of ebastine, cetirizine, and loratadine in histamine cutaneous challenges. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2002;89:259-64 pubmed..Superior efficacy was found in comparison to cetirizine (10 mg) or loratadine (10 mg) on the overall skin wheal response after single and multiple doses. ..
- Garcia Manyes S, Oncins G, Sanz F. Effect of ion-binding and chemical phospholipid structure on the nanomechanics of lipid bilayers studied by force spectroscopy. Biophys J. 2005;89:1812-26 pubmed..Finally, the effect of the chemical structure of the phospholipid molecule on the nanomechanical response of the membrane has also been discussed. ..
- Pastor I, Vilaseca E, Madurga S, Garcés J, Cascante M, Mas F. Effect of crowding by dextrans on the hydrolysis of N-Succinyl-L-phenyl-Ala-p-nitroanilide catalyzed by ?-chymotrypsin. J Phys Chem B. 2011;115:1115-21 pubmed publisher..As far as we know, this is the first reported experiment on the crowding effect in an enzymatic reaction with a mixed inhibition by product. ..
- Sadiq S, Noe F, De Fabritiis G. Kinetic characterization of the critical step in HIV-1 protease maturation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20449-54 pubmed publisher..The shown mechanism also provides an interesting example of molecular conformational transitions along the association pathway. ..
- Esteban G, Allan J, Samadi A, Mattevi A, Unzeta M, Marco Contelles J, et al. Kinetic and structural analysis of the irreversible inhibition of human monoamine oxidases by ASS234, a multi-target compound designed for use in Alzheimer's disease. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1844:1104-10 pubmed publisher..ASS234 was almost as effective as clorgyline (kinact/KI=3×10(6) min(-1)M(-1)) and was shown by structural studies to form the same N5 covalent adduct with the FAD cofactor. ..
- Jaumot M, Estanyol J, Serratosa J, Agell N, Bachs O. Activation of cdk4 and cdk2 during rat liver regeneration is associated with intranuclear rearrangements of cyclin-cdk complexes. Hepatology. 1999;29:385-95 pubmed..Thus, results reported here indicate that the activation of cdk4 and cdk2 observed in rat liver cells after a PH is associated with a specific intranuclear location of these cdks and their associated cyclins. ..
- Florenza X, Garcia Segura S, Centellas F, Brillas E. Comparative electrochemical degradation of salicylic and aminosalicylic acids: Influence of functional groups on decay kinetics and mineralization. Chemosphere. 2016;154:171-178 pubmed publisher..Oxalic and oxamic acids were detected as final short-linear aliphatic carboxylic acids by ion-exclusion HPLC, allowing the fast photolysis of their Fe(III) complexes by UVA light to justify the high power of PEF. ..
- Nadal A, Eritja R, Esteve T, Pla M. "Parallel" and "antiparallel tail-clamps" increase the efficiency of triplex formation with structured DNA and RNA targets. Chembiochem. 2005;6:1034-42 pubmed..Finally, we discuss the possible use of this improved triplex technology as a new tool for applications in molecular biology. ..
- Smrcka A, Kichik N, Tarrago T, Burroughs M, Park M, Itoga N, et al. NMR analysis of G-protein betagamma subunit complexes reveals a dynamic G(alpha)-Gbetagamma subunit interface and multiple protein recognition modes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:639-44 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data show that Gbetagamma subunits explore a range of conformations that can be exploited during molecular recognition by diverse binding partners. ..
- Gygli G, Lucas M, Guallar V, van Berkel W. The ins and outs of vanillyl alcohol oxidase: Identification of ligand migration paths. PLoS Comput Biol. 2017;13:e1005787 pubmed publisher..This study is the first comprehensive overview of ligand and co-ligand migration in a member of the VAO/PCMH family, and provides a proof of concept for the use of an unbiased method to sample this process...
- Andrade Y, Fernandes J, Vazquez E, Fernández Fernández J, Arniges M, Sánchez T, et al. TRPV4 channel is involved in the coupling of fluid viscosity changes to epithelial ciliary activity. J Cell Biol. 2005;168:869-74 pubmed..Therefore, TRPV4 emerges as a candidate to participate in the coupling of fluid viscosity changes to the generation of the Ca(2+) signal required for the autoregulation of CBF. ..
- Nunez M, Pellicer M, Badia J, Aguilar J, Baldoma L. Biochemical characterization of the 2-ketoacid reductases encoded by ycdW and yiaE genes in Escherichia coli. Biochem J. 2001;354:707-15 pubmed..Purification of YcdW and YiaE proteins permitted their kinetic characterization and comparison. Analysis of the catalytic power (k(cat)/K(m)) disclosed a higher ratio of YcdW for glyoxylate and of YiaE for hydroxypyruvate. ..
- Casanovas O, Miro F, Estanyol J, Itarte E, Agell N, Bachs O. Osmotic stress regulates the stability of cyclin D1 in a p38SAPK2-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:35091-7 pubmed
- Crosas B, Cederlund E, Torres D, Jornvall H, Farres J, Pares X. A vertebrate aldo-keto reductase active with retinoids and ethanol. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19132-40 pubmed
- Carrascosa L, Martínez L, Huttel Y, Román E, Lechuga L. Understanding the role of thiol and disulfide self-assembled DNA receptor monolayers for biosensing applications. Eur Biophys J. 2010;39:1433-44 pubmed publisher..It is demonstrated that -SH derivatization is the most suitable for biosensing purposes as it results in densely packed monolayers with the lowest ratio of physisorbed probes...
- Roher N, Callol A, Planas J, Goetz F, MacKenzie S. Endotoxin recognition in fish results in inflammatory cytokine secretion not gene expression. Innate Immun. 2011;17:16-28 pubmed publisher..For the first time, we show that, in fish macrophages, TNF-? is processed by TACE-like activity and this cleavage is dependent upon the activation of ERK, p38MAPK and JNK signaling pathways by LPS...
- Gonzalez E, Fernández M, Marco D, Calam E, Sumoy L, Parés X, et al. Role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae oxidoreductases Bdh1p and Ara1p in the metabolism of acetoin and 2,3-butanediol. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:670-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have expressed Bdh2p with a histidine tag and have shown it to be inactive toward 2,3-butanediol. A whole-genome expression analysis with microarrays demonstrates that BDH1 and BDH2 are reciprocally regulated. ..
- Colell A, Morales A, Fernandez Checa J, Garcia Ruiz C. Ceramide generated by acidic sphingomyelinase contributes to tumor necrosis factor-alpha-mediated apoptosis in human colon HT-29 cells through glycosphingolipids formation. Possible role of ganglioside GD3. FEBS Lett. 2002;526:135-41 pubmed..Thus, ASMase plays a key role in TNF-induced cell death in human colon epithelial cells possibly through GD3 generation. ..
- Larroy C, Parés X, Biosca J. Characterization of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae NADP(H)-dependent alcohol dehydrogenase (ADHVII), a member of the cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase family. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:5738-45 pubmed..Simultaneous deletion of ADH6 and ADH7 was not lethal for the yeast. Both enzymes could participate in the synthesis of fusel alcohols, ligninolysis and NADP(H) homeostasis. ..
- Morillas M, Clotet J, Rubi B, Serra D, Arino J, Hegardt F, et al. Inhibition by etomoxir of rat liver carnitine octanoyltransferase is produced through the co-ordinate interaction with two histidine residues. Biochem J. 2000;351 Pt 2:495-502 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that both etomoxir and malonyl-CoA inhibit COT by interacting with the same sites. ..
- Camats M, Guil S, Kokolo M, Bach Elias M. P68 RNA helicase (DDX5) alters activity of cis- and trans-acting factors of the alternative splicing of H-Ras. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e2926 pubmed publisher..Taken together, p68 is shown to be an essential player in the regulation of H-Ras expression as well as in a vital transduction signal pathway tied to cell proliferation and many cancer processes. ..
- Roda O, Valero M, Peiro S, Andreu D, Real F, Navarro P. New insights into the tPA-annexin A2 interaction. Is annexin A2 CYS8 the sole requirement for this association?. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5702-9 pubmed..These data call for a revision of the role of the LCKLSL sequence as the sole annexin A2 structural region required to bind tPA and indicate that further studies are necessary to better define the annexin A2-tPA interaction. ..
- Jiménez Banzo A, Sagrista M, Mora M, Nonell S. Kinetics of singlet oxygen photosensitization in human skin fibroblasts. Free Radic Biol Med. 2008;44:1926-34 pubmed publisher..This observation may reconcile earlier views that singlet oxygen-induced photodamage is highly localized, while its lifetime is long enough to diffuse over long distances within the cells. ..
- Pineda M, Fernandez E, Torrents D, Estevez R, Lopez C, Camps M, et al. Identification of a membrane protein, LAT-2, that Co-expresses with 4F2 heavy chain, an L-type amino acid transport activity with broad specificity for small and large zwitterionic amino acids. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19738-44 pubmed
- Martín Venegas R, Rodríguez Lagunas M, Geraert P, Ferrer R. Monocarboxylate transporter 1 mediates DL-2-Hydroxy-(4-methylthio)butanoic acid transport across the apical membrane of Caco-2 cell monolayers. J Nutr. 2007;137:49-54 pubmed..In conclusion, the methionine hydroxy analogue is transported in Caco-2 cell apical membrane by a transport mechanism with functional characteristics similar to those of MCT1. ..
- Nicot C, Hegardt F, Woldegiorgis G, Haro D, Marrero P. Pig liver carnitine palmitoyltransferase I, with low Km for carnitine and high sensitivity to malonyl-CoA inhibition, is a natural chimera of rat liver and muscle enzymes. Biochemistry. 2001;40:2260-6 pubmed..Therefore, pig L-CPTI behaves like a natural chimera of the L- and M-CPTI isotypes, which makes it a useful model to study the structure--function relationships of the CPTI enzymes. ..
- Sabate R, Villar Piqué A, Espargaro A, Ventura S. Temperature dependence of the aggregation kinetics of Sup35 and Ure2p yeast prions. Biomacromolecules. 2012;13:474-83 pubmed publisher..Overall, we show here that the amyloidogenic pathways of Sup35 and Ure2p prions diverge significantly. ..
- Tebar F, Villalonga P, Sorkina T, Agell N, Sorkin A, Enrich C. Calmodulin regulates intracellular trafficking of epidermal growth factor receptor and the MAPK signaling pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2057-68 pubmed..These data are consistent with the regulation of EGFR by calmodulin at several steps of the receptor signaling and trafficking pathways. ..
- Llopis A, Salvador N, Ercilla A, Guaita Esteruelas S, Barrantes I, Gupta J, et al. The stress-activated protein kinases p38?/? and JNK1/2 cooperate with Chk1 to inhibit mitotic entry upon DNA replication arrest. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:3627-37 pubmed publisher..Our results show a complex response to replication stress, where multiple pathways are activated and fulfill overlapping roles to prevent mitotic entry with unreplicated DNA. ..
- Li A, Wu P, Law J, Chow C, Postigo C, Guo Y, et al. Transformation of acesulfame in chlorination: Kinetics study, identification of byproducts, and toxicity assessment. Water Res. 2017;117:157-166 pubmed publisher..Further efforts are urgently needed to both assess the consequences of current water treatment processes on ACE and to develop new processes that will safely treat ACE. Human health and the health of our aquatic ecosystems are at stake. ..
- Valdes R, Casado F, Pastor Anglada M. Cell-cycle-dependent regulation of CNT1, a concentrative nucleoside transporter involved in the uptake of cell-cycle-dependent nucleoside-derived anticancer drugs. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;296:575-9 pubmed..These data indicate that CNT1 adapts to cell-cycle progression and responds to nucleos(t)ide metabolism status, a feature that might contribute to the cytotoxic action of cell-cycle-dependent anticancer drugs. ..
- Obach R, Pruñonosa J, Menargues A, Nomen M, Valles J. Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of methocarbamol in rats. Biopharm Drug Dispos. 1988;9:501-11 pubmed..The tmax values were 6, 6, and 10 min, respectively. After 150 mg kg-1 oral doses, peak plasma levels were reached later (tmax = 150 min). Estimated bioavailability ranged between 77 and 112 per cent...
- Gaya A, Alsinet E, Freixas M, Vives J. Changes in idiotypic predominance in the anti-arsonate response by priming with anti-idiotypic antibodies. Scand J Immunol. 1988;28:331-8 pubmed
- Castaño Miquel L, Seguí J, Manrique S, Teixeira I, Carretero Paulet L, Atencio F, et al. Diversification of SUMO-activating enzyme in Arabidopsis: implications in SUMO conjugation. Mol Plant. 2013;6:1646-60 pubmed publisher..Our results support previous data pointing to a regulatory role of the E1 activating enzyme during SUMO conjugation and provide a novel mechanism to control sumoylation in vivo by diversification of the E1 small subunit. ..
- Bolea I, Juárez Jiménez J, de Los Rios C, Chioua M, Pouplana R, Luque F, et al. Synthesis, biological evaluation, and molecular modeling of donepezil and N-[(5-(benzyloxy)-1-methyl-1H-indol-2-yl)methyl]-N-methylprop-2-yn-1-amine hybrids as new multipotent cholinesterase/monoamine oxidase inhibitors for the treatment of Alzheimer. J Med Chem. 2011;54:8251-70 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results suggest that the new compounds are promising multitarget drug candidates with potential impact for Alzheimer's disease therapy. ..
- Sánchez Font M, Sebastia J, Sanfeliu C, Cristofol R, Marfany G, Gonzalez Duarte R. Peroxiredoxin 2 (PRDX2), an antioxidant enzyme, is under-expressed in Down syndrome fetal brains. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2003;60:1513-23 pubmed..This suggests that the decreased expression of PRDX2 may contribute to the altered redox state in DS at levels comparable to that of the increased expression of SOD1. ..
- RisÃ¸r M, Thomsen L, Sanggaard K, Nielsen T, ThÃ¸gersen I, Lukassen M, et al. Enzymatic and Structural Characterization of the Major Endopeptidase in the Venus Flytrap Digestion Fluid. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:2271-87 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first analysis of a cysteine protease from the digestive fluid of a carnivorous plant and confirms the close relationship between carnivorous action and plant defense mechanisms. ..
- Shikhagaie M, Mercé Maldonado E, Isern E, Muntasell A, Albà M, Lopez Botet M, et al. The human cytomegalovirus-specific UL1 gene encodes a late-phase glycoprotein incorporated in the virion envelope. J Virol. 2012;86:4091-101 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the deletion of UL1 in HCMV TB40/E resulted in reduced growth in a cell type-specific manner, suggesting that pUL1 may be implicated in regulating HCMV cell tropism. ..
- Ventura S, Villegas V, Sterner J, Larson J, Vendrell J, Hershberger C, et al. Mapping the pro-region of carboxypeptidase B by protein engineering. Cloning, overexpression, and mutagenesis of the porcine proenzyme. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:19925-33 pubmed..In addition, the poor heterologous expression of such mutants indicates that the mutated region is important for the folding of the whole proenzyme. ..
- Triola G, Fabrias G, Dragusin M, Niederhausen L, Broere R, Llebaria A, et al. Specificity of the dihydroceramide desaturase inhibitor N-[(1R,2S)-2-hydroxy-1-hydroxymethyl-2-(2-tridecyl-1-cyclopropenyl)ethyl]octanamide (GT11) in primary cultured cerebellar neurons. Mol Pharmacol. 2004;66:1671-8 pubmed..Considering the proapoptotic and proinflammatory effect of ceramide, GT11 could also turn out to be a novel cell-protective agent. ..
- Graells J, Vinyals A, Figueras A, Llorens A, Moreno A, Marcoval J, et al. Overproduction of VEGF concomitantly expressed with its receptors promotes growth and survival of melanoma cells through MAPK and PI3K signaling. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:1151-61 pubmed..These data support the involvement in melanoma growth and survival of a VEGF-dependent internal autocrine loop mechanism, at least in vitro. ..
- Marí Buyé N, Semino C. Differentiation of mouse embryonic stem cells in self-assembling peptide scaffolds. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;690:217-37 pubmed publisher..We propose that the 3D system provides a unique microenvironment permissive to promote differentiation of mESCs into osteoblast-like cells while maintaining its regenerative capacity. ..
- Crosas E, Porté S, Moeini A, Farrés J, Biosca J, Parés X, et al. Novel alkenal/one reductase activity of yeast NADPH:quinone reductase Zta1p. Prospect of the functional role for the ?-crystallin family. Chem Biol Interact. 2011;191:32-7 pubmed publisher..The role of Zta1p in the yeast adaptation to some stress types and the general functional significance of ?-crystallins are discussed. ..
- Plana M, Itarte E, Eritja R, Goday A, Pages M, Martinez M. Phosphorylation of maize RAB-17 protein by casein kinase 2. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:22510-4 pubmed..Our results indicate that RAB-17 is phosphorylated by casein kinase 2 or a kinase with a similar specificity and that phosphorylation takes place in the serine cluster region of the protein both in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Santas J, Guardiola F, Rafecas M, Bou R. Determination of total plasma hydroperoxides using a diphenyl-1-pyrenylphosphine fluorescent probe. Anal Biochem. 2013;434:172-7 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the proposed method is useful for simple and quantitative determination of total plasma HPs...
- Miralles F, Parra M, Caelles C, Nagamine Y, Felez J, Munoz Canoves P. UV irradiation induces the murine urokinase-type plasminogen activator gene via the c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling pathway: requirement of an AP1 enhancer element. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:4537-47 pubmed..This activation links external UV stimulation and AP1-dependent uPA transcription, providing a transcription-coupled signal transduction pathway for the induction of the murine uPA gene by UV. ..
- Cotrina E, Pinto M, Bosch L, Vila M, Blasi D, Quintana J, et al. Modulation of the fibrillogenesis inhibition properties of two transthyretin ligands by halogenation. J Med Chem. 2013;56:9110-21 pubmed publisher..96-4.05 Å; C-I...O angle 152-156°) or as rather optimized van der Waals contacts or as a mixture of both. These results illustrate the potential of halogenation strategies in designing and optimizing TTR fibrillogenesis inhibitors. ..
- Perálvarez Marín A, Bourdelande J, Querol E, Padrós E. The role of proline residues in the dynamics of transmembrane helices: the case of bacteriorhodopsin. Mol Membr Biol. 2006;23:127-35 pubmed..Due to their properties, transmembrane Pro residues may serve as transmission elements of conformational changes during the transport process. We propose that these concepts can be extended to other transmembrane proteins...
- Relat J, Nicot C, Gacias M, Woldegiorgis G, Marrero P, Haro D. Pig muscle carnitine palmitoyltransferase I (CPTI beta), with low Km for carnitine and low sensitivity to malonyl-CoA inhibition, has kinetic characteristics similar to those of the rat liver (CPTI alpha) enzyme. Biochemistry. 2004;43:12686-91 pubmed..Therefore, the recombinant pig CPTIbeta has unique kinetic characteristics, which makes it a useful model to study the structure-function relationship of the CPTI enzymes. ..
- Skoudy A, Rovira M, Savatier P, Martin F, Leon Quinto T, Soria B, et al. Transforming growth factor (TGF)beta, fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and retinoid signalling pathways promote pancreatic exocrine gene expression in mouse embryonic stem cells. Biochem J. 2004;379:749-56 pubmed
- Llorens F, Roher N, Miro F, Sarno S, Ruiz F, Meggio F, et al. Eukaryotic translation-initiation factor eIF2beta binds to protein kinase CK2: effects on CK2alpha activity. Biochem J. 2003;375:623-31 pubmed..The results demonstrate that the ability to associate with CK2 subunits and to serve as a CK2 substrate are confined to different regions in eIF2beta and that it may act as an inhibitor on CK2alpha. ..
- Kiel C, Serrano L. Cell type-specific importance of ras-c-raf complex association rate constants for MAPK signaling. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra38 pubmed publisher..Thus, EGF-MAPK activation kinetics and feedback regulation is cell type specific and depends on the network topology. ..
- Porté S, Valencia E, Yakovtseva E, Borràs E, Shafqat N, Debreczeny J, et al. Three-dimensional structure and enzymatic function of proapoptotic human p53-inducible quinone oxidoreductase PIG3. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:17194-205 pubmed publisher..This supports that PIG3 action is through oxidative stress produced by its enzymatic activity and provides essential knowledge for eventual control of apoptosis. ..
- Minuesa G, Volk C, Molina Arcas M, Gorboulev V, Erkizia I, Arndt P, et al. Transport of lamivudine [(-)-beta-L-2',3'-dideoxy-3'-thiacytidine] and high-affinity interaction of nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors with human organic cation transporters 1, 2, and 3. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;329:252-61 pubmed publisher..Finally, 3TC is a novel substrate for hOCTs and the inhibition of its uptake at low concentrations of ABC and AZT could have implications for the pharmacokinetics of 3TC. ..
- Granes F, Berndt C, Roy C, Mangeat P, Reina M, Vilaró S. Identification of a novel Ezrin-binding site in syndecan-2 cytoplasmic domain. FEBS Lett. 2003;547:212-6 pubmed..We therefore conclude that the consensus sequence for Ezrin binding is unique among membrane proteins, suggesting a distinct regulation. ..
- To Figueras J, Ducamp S, Clayton J, Badenas C, Delaby C, Ged C, et al. ALAS2 acts as a modifier gene in patients with congenital erythropoietic porphyria. Blood. 2011;118:1443-51 pubmed publisher..We propose that ALAS2 gene mutations should be considered not only as causative of X-linked sideroblastic anemia (XLSA) and XLDPP but may also modulate gene function in other erythropoietic disorders. ..
- Gracia E, Moreno E, Cort s A, Llu s C, Mallol J, McCormick P, et al. Homodimerization of adenosine A? receptors in brain cortex explains the biphasic effects of caffeine. Neuropharmacology. 2013;71:56-69 pubmed publisher..This pharmacological property can explain the biphasic effects reported at low and high concentration of caffeine on locomotor activity...
- Aubery C, Solans C, Prévost S, Gradzielski M, Sanchez Dominguez M. Microemulsions as reaction media for the synthesis of mixed oxide nanoparticles: relationships between microemulsion structure, reactivity, and nanoparticle characteristics. Langmuir. 2013;29:1779-89 pubmed publisher..The latter effect of constant size is attributed to the fact that the water present is dominantly bound to the EO units of the surfactant...
- Tanco S, Zhang X, Morano C, Aviles F, Lorenzo J, Fricker L. Characterization of the substrate specificity of human carboxypeptidase A4 and implications for a role in extracellular peptide processing. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:18385-96 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies suggest that CPA4 functions in neuropeptide processing and regulation in the extracellular environment. ..
- Carulla N, Zhou M, Giralt E, Robinson C, Dobson C. Structure and intermolecular dynamics of aggregates populated during amyloid fibril formation studied by hydrogen/deuterium exchange. Acc Chem Res. 2010;43:1072-9 pubmed publisher..Such information is invaluable for understanding and addressing the molecular origins of the increasingly common and highly debilitating diseases associated with protein misfolding and aggregation...
- de Diego I, Schwartz F, Siegfried H, Dauterstedt P, Heeren J, Beisiegel U, et al. Cholesterol modulates the membrane binding and intracellular distribution of annexin 6. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32187-94 pubmed
- Ruiz F, Gallego O, Ardèvol A, Moro A, Dominguez M, Alvarez S, et al. Aldo-keto reductases from the AKR1B subfamily: retinoid specificity and control of cellular retinoic acid levels. Chem Biol Interact. 2009;178:171-7 pubmed publisher..This result supports that overexpression of AKR1B10 in cancer (an updated review on this topic is included) may contribute to dedifferentiation and tumor development. ..
- Orrego M, Ponte I, Roque A, Buschati N, Mora X, Suau P. Differential affinity of mammalian histone H1 somatic subtypes for DNA and chromatin. BMC Biol. 2007;5:22 pubmed
- Rosell M, Barcelo D, Rohwerder T, Breuer U, Gehre M, Richnow H. Variations in 13C/12C and D/H enrichment factors of aerobic bacterial fuel oxygenate degradation. Environ Sci Technol. 2007;41:2036-43 pubmed..The variability of carbon and hydrogen enrichment factors should be taken into account when interpreting isotope pattern of fuel oxygenates with respect to biodegradation in contamination plumes. ..