Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hydrogen ion concentration in Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Locale: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Topic: hydrogen ion concentration
- Carpena X, Wiseman B, Deemagarn T, Herguedas B, Ivancich A, Singh R, et al. Roles for Arg426 and Trp111 in the modulation of NADH oxidase activity of the catalase-peroxidase KatG from Burkholderia pseudomallei inferred from pH-induced structural changes. Biochemistry. 2006;45:5171-9 pubmed publisher
- Ruiz Meana M, Garcia Dorado D, Julia M, Inserte J, Siegmund B, Ladilov Y, et al. Protective effect of HOE642, a selective blocker of Na+-H+ exchange, against the development of rigor contracture in rat ventricular myocytes. Exp Physiol. 2000;85:17-25 pubmed..In conclusion, HOE642 has a protective effect against rigor during energy deprivation, but only when HCO3--dependent transporters are inhibited. This effect is independent of changes in cytosolic Na+ or Ca2+ concentrations...
- Ruiz Meana M, Garcia Dorado D, Miro Casas E, Abellan A, Soler Soler J. Mitochondrial Ca2+ uptake during simulated ischemia does not affect permeability transition pore opening upon simulated reperfusion. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;71:715-24 pubmed..We investigated the ability of mitochondria to uptake Ca2+ during simulated ischemia (SI) and whether this uptake determines PTP opening and cell death upon simulated reperfusion (SR)...
- Ribelles Llop M, Guinot Jimeno F, Mayné Acién R, Bellet Dalmau L. Effects of xylitol chewing gum on salivary flow rate, pH, buffering capacity and presence of Streptococcus mutans in saliva. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2010;11:9-14 pubmed..Since then, many dentists, particularly in Scandinavian countries, have studied the role of chewing xylitol-sweetened chewing gums as another preventive strategy in the control of dental caries...
- Ferrer Dalmau J, González A, Platara M, Navarrete C, Martinez J, Barreto L, et al. Ref2, a regulatory subunit of the yeast protein phosphatase 1, is a novel component of cation homoeostasis. Biochem J. 2010;426:355-64 pubmed publisher..Remarkably, the evidence collected indicates that the role of Ref2 in cation homoeostasis may be unrelated to its previously identified function in the formation of mRNA via the APT (for associated with Pta1) complex. ..
- Portilla Arias J, García Alvarez M, Galbis J, Muñoz Guerra S. Biodegradable nanoparticles of partially methylated fungal poly(beta-L-malic acid) as a novel protein delivery carrier. Macromol Biosci. 2008;8:551-9 pubmed publisher..The activity loss of entrapped alpha-chymotrypsin caused by loading and releasing depended on the method used for loading. ..
- Bordas J, Marcos Maeso M, Perez M, Llach J, Gines A, Pique J. GI flexible endoscope disinfection: "in use" test comparative study. Hepatogastroenterology. 2005;52:800-7 pubmed..The "in use" method is adequate for control and for establishing comparisons between different disinfectants...
- Soriano M, Diaz P, Pastor F. Pectinolytic systems of two aerobic sporogenous bacterial strains with high activity on pectin. Curr Microbiol. 2005;50:114-8 pubmed..BP-7 is comprised of pectate lyases and pectin lyases. The results show differences in pectin degrading systems between the two aerobic sporogenous bacterial strains studied...
- Larroy C, Parés X, Biosca J. Characterization of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae NADP(H)-dependent alcohol dehydrogenase (ADHVII), a member of the cinnamyl alcohol dehydrogenase family. Eur J Biochem. 2002;269:5738-45 pubmed..Simultaneous deletion of ADH6 and ADH7 was not lethal for the yeast. Both enzymes could participate in the synthesis of fusel alcohols, ligninolysis and NADP(H) homeostasis. ..
- Prim N, Pastor F, Diaz P. Zymographic detection of cinnamic acid decarboxylase activity. J Microbiol Methods. 2002;51:417-20 pubmed..The method developed can be used in preliminary approaches to biotransformation processes involving detection of hydroxycinnamic acid decarboxylase activity. ..
- Dave N, Lorenz Fonfria V, Villaverde J, Lemonnier R, Leblanc G, Padrós E. Study of amide-proton exchange of Escherichia coli melibiose permease by attenuated total reflection-Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy: evidence of structure modulation by substrate binding. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3380-7 pubmed..A possible catalytic role of these two loops in the functioning of MelB is hypothesized. ..
- Munné Bosch S, Alegre L. Subcellular compartmentation of the diterpene carnosic acid and its derivatives in the leaves of rosemary. Plant Physiol. 2001;125:1094-102 pubmed..This study shows the relevance of the compartmentation of carnosic acid metabolism to the protection of rosemary plants from oxidative stress in vivo. ..
- Ruiz A, Arino J. Function and regulation of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae ENA sodium ATPase system. Eukaryot Cell. 2007;6:2175-83 pubmed
- Gonzalez E, Fernández M, Marco D, Calam E, Sumoy L, Parés X, et al. Role of Saccharomyces cerevisiae oxidoreductases Bdh1p and Ara1p in the metabolism of acetoin and 2,3-butanediol. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2010;76:670-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we have expressed Bdh2p with a histidine tag and have shown it to be inactive toward 2,3-butanediol. A whole-genome expression analysis with microarrays demonstrates that BDH1 and BDH2 are reciprocally regulated. ..
- Borges Alvarez M, Benavente F, Barbosa J, Sanz Nebot V. Capillary electrophoresis/mass spectrometry for the separation and characterization of bovine Cu,Zn-superoxide dismutase. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2010;24:1411-8 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the importance of selecting appropriate non-denaturing separation and detection conditions to obtain reliable structural information about non-covalent protein complexes by CE/ESI-MS. ..